RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

checking in

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This may sound silly..but...what is TOPS? Ive heard people talk about it before and just wondered

Re: checking in

Laurie,

I was a member of TOPS. It is a great group. Unfortunately the group I was with had quite a few older people (not that there is anything wrong with that) and I really wanted to be with more people my own age.

Congrats on all the wonderful exercising!

On Apr 12, 2005 1:04 PM, lauriecosman <lauriecosman@...> wrote: Hi all,Last time I posted I'd just hit 299 (on the downward slope!). Lastweek I weighed in at my TOPS meeting and came in at 297.5. Yay! Tonight I weigh in again. I can't say enough about TOPS, what a greatorganization! I've done the Sansone 1 mile 5 times this week (with 2 poundweights), and her 2 mile twice (without weights). That's 9 miles! I can't believe I'm not despising this exercise because that has beenmy modus operandi for my whole life!Going good,Laurie100-Plus Files page 100-plus/files100-Plus Links page 100-plus/links

Guest guest

> This may sound silly..but...what is TOPS? Ive heard people talk

about it before and just wondered

Tops is an acronym for Take Off Pounds Sensibly. It is a non-profit

organization with thousands of local groups that meet weekly for a

weigh-in, program, and socialization. It costs about 20 dollars a

year to join, and a couple of dollars a week in fees. They don't

supply a proprietory diet (and to be honest, I think we all know that

with motivation any program will work, and without motivation no

program will work). You are supposed to get your doctor to suggest a

food program.

My group is of all ages from senior citizen to people just coming out

of high school. I rather like the wide range of ages and body types.

Most cities have several groups so you can visit a few and see which

ones fit your expectations or needs.

I've done WW, and Nutrisystem (until I found a huge half-a-spider in

the tomato sauce supplied), and several others but I've found that

TOPS is the best for me.

Laurie

Guest guest

-Laurie: congratulations on your fabulous success in weight loss and

exercising!!!!

Faye-->

Guest guest

WOW sorry to hear about your problems. I hope you will soon be feeling better.

Where is the battery located for you? Is it in the front or in the " love

handles " ?

checking in

I haven't posted a few weeks so here is the update. Spinal Stimulator

was in place first of March/end of Feb. Progressed to feeling pretty

good until 2 weeks ago then severe soreness devloped. I felt like the

battery unit had shifted and moved a bit. Went to the doc today and

that is exactly what has taken place. They will have to go back in

and place it deeper and repostion it. *sigh* Hopefully they can

replace with the now rechargeable battery from Medronix. I am on

Keflex 4 X a day for a week, just in case there is infection. It is

severely inflamed and doc decided to take this preventative step just

in case.

-Anne

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest guest

thanks Belinda, for the ideas,

I am doing the pudding thing, and cream soups now, potato soup seems to go down just fine. (probably not a good thing but it's good)

Tracie b.

Guest guest

WOW Jackie,

Congrats on your weight loss that is awesome, I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and am struggling to stay on full liquids, take it I have been on them a week and a half because I couldn't go the whole 2 weeks on just clear liquids, I have lost 10 lbs, and 8 of that came off the first week, it gets fustrating, knowing others have done so much better then that. I went today just to have an xray of my band to make sure it was still there, I had one bad episode a week ago when i decided to add a little cheese melted, to my potato soup that did not go well at all, I almost lost it, it hurt so bad, that has made me stick strickly to soft foods, but to last another 4 weeks, when I am starving, how do you do it. ANy suggestions, from the people who have made it through the first 6 weeks without restriction.

Tracie B. in Texas

P.S. it is the other (no B. who has lost all that weight, congrats on breaking the 60 lb mark.)

Checking In

Wow, there are so many new 'faces' on this website - it's amazing and wonderful. Congratulations on finding Dr. Aceves and taking this major, life-changing step. If you are still pre-op, just be assured that all the good things you are reading about our fine surgeon, the hospital, Nina, the level of care, the facility -- all true! My comments are directed at lapband patients (not RNY), since that is my own experience. If you're a recent post-op, you're a believer now. Just hang in there, follow the instructions and keep the faith. My 2 cents worth about the liquid diet phase: don't go overboard on stocking up. I used Isopure as a protein source, but probably only bought about 8 bottles of it total; it's packed with protein and a little goes a long way. Hair loss can be an issue/side effect of not getting enough protein but it shouldn't be a problem (hasn't been for me) if you eat the correct bandster way (protein first!) when you're on real food. My hair loss is no different than pre-surgery.

B - congrats on your fantastic weight loss. I am so impressed (and envious)! I am one week shy of the 6-month mark and am down 57# which is tremendous, but it's going so very slowly right now. Nevertheless, I know that my band is doing its job and weight loss will continue if I do my job (eating right). I must confess sometimes I make bad choices (milkshake, anyone?).

I was on vacation the last part of June - reunion at Lake Tahoe with 10 friends from college. It was great fun and they were all very complimentary about my progress and had lots of questions about the lapband and how it works. It felt so good to be eating the small quantities slowly and deliberately and to have them notice my eating habits. I love my band!

Jackie S

1/19/05; 2 fills, now at 3.0cc

320/263/160

Guest guest

Hi , Have you tried carnation instant breakfest it really helped me also pudding (it has a little texture) and you didn't hear this from me but (yes i'm blaming him)would go to Braums and get me a Yogart in a cup and that would fill me up. You might also try chicken nootle soup and just drink the broth. It will get better your in the worst period remember that the first 6 weeks is just getting well the weight will come off I promise just hang in there and try some of the things I mentioned. Don't tell Nina-----Belinda

Checking In

Wow, there are so many new 'faces' on this website - it's amazing and wonderful. Congratulations on finding Dr. Aceves and taking this major, life-changing step. If you are still pre-op, just be assured that all the good things you are reading about our fine surgeon, the hospital, Nina, the level of care, the facility -- all true! My comments are directed at lapband patients (not RNY), since that is my own experience. If you're a recent post-op, you're a believer now. Just hang in there, follow the instructions and keep the faith. My 2 cents worth about the liquid diet phase: don't go overboard on stocking up. I used Isopure as a protein source, but probably only bought about 8 bottles of it total; it's packed with protein and a little goes a long way. Hair loss can be an issue/side effect of not getting enough protein but it shouldn't be a problem (hasn't been for me) if you eat the correct bandster way (protein first!) when you're on real food. My hair loss is no different than pre-surgery.

B - congrats on your fantastic weight loss. I am so impressed (and envious)! I am one week shy of the 6-month mark and am down 57# which is tremendous, but it's going so very slowly right now. Nevertheless, I know that my band is doing its job and weight loss will continue if I do my job (eating right). I must confess sometimes I make bad choices (milkshake, anyone?).

I was on vacation the last part of June - reunion at Lake Tahoe with 10 friends from college. It was great fun and they were all very complimentary about my progress and had lots of questions about the lapband and how it works. It felt so good to be eating the small quantities slowly and deliberately and to have them notice my eating habits. I love my band!

Jackie S

320/263/160

Guest guest

Hi Tracie!!

Now I want to say you should be JUST as proud of your weight loss because you have done great! Ok, advice on the liquid phase. You have already heard from Belinda about pudding. And nina said it right, if you want to drink all day long to keep from being hungry, do it. It is hard watching others eat food, and if you have a hubby like mine who has no conscious (lol), it is even harder. I just kept telling myself that 6 weeks isn't so long. I didn't end up getting my first fill until the 9th week (I think) because my fill doc had to reschedule so it was REALLY tough for me. I held onto the 27lbs that I lost, and didn't lose any more until after my fill. I was also lucky in that he gave me 2cc's as a first fill and it was perfect. I had my second fill 5 weeks later and I am now at 2.5 and I feel I am at my sweet spot, at least for now.

Sorry, I got off topic. Just keep doing what you are doing and before you know it, you will be ready for your first fill. It's only 3 1/2 weeks away!! You can do it!! (Hear me chanting "You can do it!!" LOL) I suggest making the appointment NOW if you haven't already! Do you know who you are going to use? I use Dr. Dobson and Dr. .

tkbartek@... wrote:

WOW Jackie,

Congrats on your weight loss that is awesome, I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and am struggling to stay on full liquids, take it I have been on them a week and a half because I couldn't go the whole 2 weeks on just clear liquids, I have lost 10 lbs, and 8 of that came off the first week, it gets fustrating, knowing others have done so much better then that. I went today just to have an xray of my band to make sure it was still there, I had one bad episode a week ago when i decided to add a little cheese melted, to my potato soup that did not go well at all, I almost lost it, it hurt so bad, that has made me stick strickly to soft foods, but to last another 4 weeks, when I am starving, how do you do it. ANy suggestions, from the people who have made it through the first 6 weeks without restriction.

Tracie B. in Texas

P.S. it is the other (no B. who has lost all that weight, congrats on breaking the 60 lb mark.)

Checking In

Jackie S

320/263/160

Guest guest

Tracie, I'm sorry you are having trouble. I am having my surgery next Monday. Your experiences are really making me scared. So far everyone has made it sound so easy. Hate to hear that you are starving!!! Hope I'm doing the right thing.

Pam

-- Checking In

Jackie S

320/263/160

Guest guest

I'm with you Pam, I'm sorta scared, too. But, I will listen to grandmother Nina and drink, drink, drink. I'm scheduled for 7/28 and I'm getting obsessive about it. I've started walking and will start my pre-op diet this weekend when I get the time to go shopping. Any advice? All are welcome. Hugs to all.

Pifferrer>From: "PJ" <pam2749@...>>Reply- >< >>Subject: Re: Checking In>Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:10:47 -0600 (Mountain Standard Time)>>Tracie, I'm sorry you are having trouble. I am having my surgery next>Monday. Your experiences are really making me scared. So far everyone has>made it sound so easy. Hate to hear that you are starving!!! Hope I'm>doing the right thing.>>Pam>>-- Checking In>>>Wow, there are so many new 'faces' on this website - it's amazing and>wonderful. Congratulations on finding Dr. Aceves and taking this>major, life-changing step. If you are still pre-op, just be assured>that all the good things you are reading about our fine surgeon, the>hospital, Nina, the level of care, the facility -- all true!>My comments are directed at lapband patients (not RNY), since that is>my own experience. If you're a recent post-op, you're a believer now.>Just hang in there, follow the instructions and keep the faith. My 2>cents worth about the liquid diet phase: don't go overboard on>stocking up. I used Isopure as a protein source, but probably only>bought about 8 bottles of it total; it's packed with protein and a>little goes a long way. Hair loss can be an issue/side effect of not>getting enough protein but it shouldn't be a problem (hasn't been for>me) if you eat the correct bandster way (protein first!) when you're>on real food. My hair loss is no different than pre-surgery.> B - congrats on your fantastic weight loss. I am so impressed>(and envious)! I am one week shy of the 6-month mark and am down 57#>which is tremendous, but it's going so very slowly right now.>Nevertheless, I know that my band is doing its job and weight loss>will continue if I do my job (eating right). I must confess sometimes>I make bad choices (milkshake, anyone?).>I was on vacation the last part of June - reunion at Lake Tahoe with>10 friends from college. It was great fun and they were all very>complimentary about my progress and had lots of questions about the>lapband and how it works. It felt so good to be eating the small>quantities slowly and deliberately and to have them notice my eating>habits.>I love my band!>>Jackie S>1/19/05; 2 fills, now at 3.0cc>320/263/160>>>>>>

Guest guest

can you give me there numbers again, I am at work, and I left them at home, if you get this message today. Thanks for the chanting, these are the things I am eating now 2 1/2 weeks out.

Protein shakes, liquid yogurt, jello, pudding, carnation instant breakfast, cream soups, potato soup, oatmeal and mashed potatoes, skim milk, gatorade.

I really hope I haven't messed up my band, I did have one bad episode where it hurt worse then heartburn. It scares me, that is why I went to have it xrayed.

Tracie B. Checking In

Jackie S

320/263/160

Guest guest

Pam, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, the first week, I wasn't hungry at all, but then my stomach really started hurting, hunger pains, but I am ok now, I just had to add a little substance to my diet.

Tracie B. Checking In

Jackie S

320/263/160

Guest guest

I know it seems horrible (the liquid phases) but it is well worth to

make sure that your everything is healing correctly. I toughed it

out because there was no way I wanted to 'blow' that money by

jeopardizing my band. Melted cheese is not really a 'soft' food; it

takes a lot of digesting and makes your stomach work too hard. Same

with potato soup (was it pureed, no chunks?). Don't mean to get

preachy, just want you to have success. Chicken and beef broth got

me through; you could try chicken noodle soup broth ONLY; also egg

flower soup (Chinese restaurant style) broth ONLY. When you get on

mushy foods, try split pea soup (yummy) and refried beans; both are

very filling.

Main thing is to stick to the doctor's instructions. Dr. A's post-op

diet plan is more conservative than some docs' diets I've seen, but I

think it's well worth it. Remember, this is not an overnight fix but

a long journey to success. Hang in there!

Jackie

>

> WOW Jackie,

>

> Congrats on your weight loss that is awesome, I am 2 1/2 weeks post

op and am struggling to stay on full liquids, take it I have been on

them a week and a half because I couldn't go the whole 2 weeks on

just clear liquids, I have lost 10 lbs, and 8 of that came off the

first week, it gets fustrating, knowing others have done so much

better then that. I went today just to have an xray of my band to

make sure it was still there, I had one bad episode a week ago when i

decided to add a little cheese melted, to my potato soup that did

not go well at all, I almost lost it, it hurt so bad, that has made

me stick strickly to soft foods, but to last another 4 weeks, when I

am starving, how do you do it. ANy suggestions, from the people who

have made it through the first 6 weeks without restriction.

>

>

> Tracie B. in Texas

>

> P.S. it is the other (no B. who has lost all that weight,

congrats on breaking the 60 lb mark.)

>

>

> Checking In

>

>

> Wow, there are so many new 'faces' on this website - it's amazing

and

> wonderful. Congratulations on finding Dr. Aceves and taking this

> major, life-changing step. If you are still pre-op, just be assured

> that all the good things you are reading about our fine surgeon,

the

> hospital, Nina, the level of care, the facility -- all true!

> My comments are directed at lapband patients (not RNY), since that

is

> my own experience. If you're a recent post-op, you're a believer

now.

> Just hang in there, follow the instructions and keep the faith. My

> cents worth about the liquid diet phase: don't go overboard on

> stocking up. I used Isopure as a protein source, but probably only

> bought about 8 bottles of it total; it's packed with protein and a

> little goes a long way. Hair loss can be an issue/side effect of

not

> getting enough protein but it shouldn't be a problem (hasn't been

for

> me) if you eat the correct bandster way (protein first!) when

you're

> on real food. My hair loss is no different than pre-surgery.

> B - congrats on your fantastic weight loss. I am so impressed

> (and envious)! I am one week shy of the 6-month mark and am down

57#

> which is tremendous, but it's going so very slowly right now.

> Nevertheless, I know that my band is doing its job and weight loss

> will continue if I do my job (eating right). I must confess

sometimes

> I make bad choices (milkshake, anyone?).

> I was on vacation the last part of June - reunion at Lake Tahoe

with

> 10 friends from college. It was great fun and they were all very

> complimentary about my progress and had lots of questions about the

> lapband and how it works. It felt so good to be eating the small

> quantities slowly and deliberately and to have them notice my

eating

> habits.

> I love my band!

>

> Jackie S

> 1/19/05; 2 fills, now at 3.0cc

> 320/263/160

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Jackie,

Yes I have drank alot of chicken broth, the potato soup had little chunks in it that I made sure I chewed real well, and don't worry about the preaching, I need it, as for the melted chees ,yes I learned my lesson, it caused a great deal of pain, just praying that I didn't do any damage.

Tracie B. Checking In

> > > Wow, there are so many new 'faces' on this website - it's amazing and > wonderful. Congratulations on finding Dr. Aceves and taking this > major, life-changing step. If you are still pre-op, just be assured > that all the good things you are reading about our fine surgeon, the > hospital, Nina, the level of care, the facility -- all true! > My comments are directed at lapband patients (not RNY), since that is > my own experience. If you're a recent post-op, you're a believer now. > Just hang in there, follow the instructions and keep the faith. My 2 > cents worth about the liquid diet phase: don't go overboard on > stocking up. I used Isopure as a protein source, but probably only > bought about 8 bottles of it total; it's packed with protein and a > little goes a long way. Hair loss can be an issue/side effect of not > getting enough protein but it shouldn't be a problem (hasn't been for > me) if you eat the correct bandster way (protein first!) when you're > on real food. My hair loss is no different than pre-surgery.

> B - congrats on your fantastic weight loss. I am so impressed > (and envious)! I am one week shy of the 6-month mark and am down 57# > which is tremendous, but it's going so very slowly right now. > Nevertheless, I know that my band is doing its job and weight loss > will continue if I do my job (eating right). I must confess sometimes > I make bad choices (milkshake, anyone?).

> I was on vacation the last part of June - reunion at Lake Tahoe with > 10 friends from college. It was great fun and they were all very > complimentary about my progress and had lots of questions about the > lapband and how it works. It felt so good to be eating the small > quantities slowly and deliberately and to have them notice my eating > habits. > I love my band!

> > Jackie S

> 320/263/160 > > > > > >

Guest guest

Hi , don't beat your self up to bad none of us would be needing the surgery if we did everything we were supost to do. I went for a fill yesterday and the Dr that did my fill said 7 to 10 days liquids only I can tell you that won't happen but yes you need to be carefull and do what Dr A says he knows best. Keep your head up your doing just fine it will get easier you will see. Belindatkbartek@... wrote:

Jackie,

Yes I have drank alot of chicken broth, the potato soup had little chunks in it that I made sure I chewed real well, and don't worry about the preaching, I need it, as for the melted chees ,yes I learned my lesson, it caused a great deal of pain, just praying that I didn't do any damage.

Tracie B. Checking In

> > > Wow, there are so many new 'faces' on this website - it's amazing and > wonderful. Congratulations on finding Dr. Aceves and taking this > major, life-changing step. If you are still pre-op, just be assured > that all the good things you are reading about our fine surgeon, the > hospital, Nina, the level of care, the facility -- all true! > My comments are directed at lapband patients (not RNY), since that is > my own experience. If you're a recent post-op, you're a believer now. > Just hang in there, follow the instructions and keep the faith. My 2 > cents worth about the liquid diet phase: don't go overboard on > stocking up. I used Isopure as a protein source, but probably only > bought about 8 bottles of it total; it's packed with protein and a > little goes a long way. Hair loss can be an issue/side effect of not > getting enough protein but it shouldn't be a problem (hasn't been for > me) if you eat the correct bandster way (protein first!) when you're > on real food. My hair loss is no different than pre-surgery.

> B - congrats on your fantastic weight loss. I am so impressed > (and envious)! I am one week shy of the 6-month mark and am down 57# > which is tremendous, but it's going so very slowly right now. > Nevertheless, I know that my band is doing its job and weight loss > will continue if I do my job (eating right). I must confess sometimes > I make bad choices (milkshake, anyone?).

> I was on vacation the last part of June - reunion at Lake Tahoe with > 10 friends from college. It was great fun and they were all very > complimentary about my progress and had lots of questions about the > lapband and how it works. It felt so good to be eating the small > quantities slowly and deliberately and to have them notice my eating > habits. > I love my band!

> > Jackie S

Guest guest

I guess I need to start signing M instead huh? LOL. The number to Dr. Dobson's is 972-660-3188 or 817-446-6672.

The oatmeal and the mashed potatoes classify under mushies and I don't think you are quite there yet. Stick to the other stuff for another week and half and then you can add mushies in! I know it is hard but you can do it. Just keep telling yourself that it will all be worth it in the end. And it WILL BE.

tkbartek@... wrote:

can you give me there numbers again, I am at work, and I left them at home, if you get this message today. Thanks for the chanting, these are the things I am eating now 2 1/2 weeks out.

Protein shakes, liquid yogurt, jello, pudding, carnation instant breakfast, cream soups, potato soup, oatmeal and mashed potatoes, skim milk, gatorade.

I really hope I haven't messed up my band, I did have one bad episode where it hurt worse then heartburn. It scares me, that is why I went to have it xrayed.

Tracie B. Checking In

Jackie S

320/263/160

Guest guest

Hi Belinda! Hey did you go to the same doc there in Oklahoma for your fill? What are you up to now with cc's? Yeah, 7 to 10 days liquids?!! That is harsh! I just do 2 clear, 2 full, then mushy for one day, then solids. I couldn't do liquids for the whole week!!

How are things going for you?

MBelinda Spoonemore <mamolinder@...> wrote:

Hi , don't beat your self up to bad none of us would be needing the surgery if we did everything we were supost to do. I went for a fill yesterday and the Dr that did my fill said 7 to 10 days liquids only I can tell you that won't happen but yes you need to be carefull and do what Dr A says he knows best. Keep your head up your doing just fine it will get easier you will see. Belindatkbartek@... wrote:

Jackie,

Tracie B. Checking In

> > Jackie S

Guest guest

Hi , yea I went to the Dr in Tulsa and I still like him alot but i looked at him like he was crazy when he said 7 to 10 day on liquids. I'm at a 2cc now and well see how that works. I've lost 11 pounds sence i was there and that was 8 weeks ago but he said i was doing great. My weight loss slowed down last month but maybe this fill will pick it back up i've lost 47 so far not as good as some of you but it's good for me. Plus i'm a little older then you youngersters that's my story and i'm sticking to it l0l. I saw where you are over your hump remember that's going to happen from time to time (platue) your doing great. Thanks for asking about my progress it really helps when people care. Belinda

Checking In

> > Jackie S

Guest guest

Thanks Belinda, for making me feel better. I've got a lot of people on my side, who are keeping me in the right direction (Co-workers).

Thanks again.

Tracie B. Checking In

> > Jackie S

Guest guest

Yeah, M.

it has even gotten a little harder, I started back at my second job last night and guess where I work, a seafood restrauant, oh boy, that is hard when you are hungry, but I did it without snacking. and I will be back to work another night. tonight.

Talk to ya soon.

Tracie Checking In

Jackie S

320/263/160

Guest guest

Tracie, I bet that was hard!! To work at

a restraint with no restriction. Man, that is tough! I am still chanting for

you though, you can do it!! J

In Texas

280/220/160

http://www.tracyslapband.com

Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 3:35

PM

Subject: Re:

Checking In

Yeah, M.

it has even gotten a little harder, I started back at my

second job last night and guess where I work, a seafood restrauant, oh boy,

that is hard when you are hungry, but I did it without snacking. and I will be

back to work another night. tonight.

Talk to ya soon.

Tracie

Checking In

Wow, there are so

many new 'faces' on this website - it's amazing and

wonderful.

Congratulations on finding Dr. Aceves and taking this

major,

life-changing step. If you are still pre-op, just be assured

that all the good

things you are reading about our fine surgeon, the

hospital, Nina,

the level of care, the facility -- all true!

My comments are

directed at lapband patients (not RNY), since that is

my own

experience. If you're a recent post-op, you're a believer now.

Just hang in

there, follow the instructions and keep the faith. My 2

cents worth about

the liquid diet phase: don't go overboard on

stocking up. I

used Isopure as a protein source, but probably only

bought about 8

bottles of it total; it's packed with protein and a

little goes a

long way. Hair loss can be an issue/side effect of not

getting enough

protein but it shouldn't be a problem (hasn't been for

me) if you eat

the correct bandster way (protein first!) when you're

on real food. My

hair loss is no different than pre-surgery.

B -

congrats on your fantastic weight loss. I am so impressed

(and envious)! I

am one week shy of the 6-month mark and am down 57#

which is

tremendous, but it's going so very slowly right now.

Nevertheless, I

know that my band is doing its job and weight loss

will continue if

I do my job (eating right). I must confess sometimes

I make bad

choices (milkshake, anyone?).

I was on vacation

the last part of June - reunion at Lake Tahoe with

10 friends from

college. It was great fun and they were all very

complimentary

about my progress and had lots of questions about the

lapband and how

it works. It felt so good to be eating the small

quantities slowly

and deliberately and to have them notice my eating

habits.

I love my band!

Jackie S

1/19/05; 2 fills,

now at 3.0cc

320/263/160

Links

<*> To

visit your group on the web, go to:

/

<*> To

unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

-unsubscribe

<*> Your

use of is subject to:

!

GROUPS LINKS

Visit your group " "

on the web.

Guest guest

Thanks ,

I made it through two nights, and will again Sunday, I bought a shake before work to fill my tummy, it was the only thing I could get but it lasted me 5 hours, and the exercise I get running around the restraunt takes care of those extra calories in the shake. I won't be doing that though when I have restriction. Everyone at my day job is watching me like a hawk. I work for a law firm and we have a bad case of a woman, who had the RNY here in fort worth, about 2 years ago, and she had complications, and I won't say anymore, but they are all making sure I don't cheat and I follow the strict diet, to a tee, even my lawyer boss, really showed he cared and talked with me a great deal about the importancy of sticking to the liquids. SO it felt good to know people care so much,

Have a great weekend, and keep those funny comments coming.

Tracie B. Checking In

Wow, there are so many new 'faces' on this website - it's amazing and

wonderful. Congratulations on finding Dr. Aceves and taking this

major, life-changing step. If you are still pre-op, just be assured

that all the good things you are reading about our fine surgeon, the

hospital, Nina, the level of care, the facility -- all true!

My comments are directed at lapband patients (not RNY), since that is

my own experience. If you're a recent post-op, you're a believer now.

Just hang in there, follow the instructions and keep the faith. My 2

cents worth about the liquid diet phase: don't go overboard on

stocking up. I used Isopure as a protein source, but probably only

bought about 8 bottles of it total; it's packed with protein and a

little goes a long way. Hair loss can be an issue/side effect of not

getting enough protein but it shouldn't be a problem (hasn't been for

me) if you eat the correct bandster way (protein first!) when you're

on real food. My hair loss is no different than pre-surgery.

B - congrats on your fantastic weight loss. I am so impressed

(and envious)! I am one week shy of the 6-month mark and am down 57#

which is tremendous, but it's going so very slowly right now.

Nevertheless, I know that my band is doing its job and weight loss

will continue if I do my job (eating right). I must confess sometimes

I make bad choices (milkshake, anyone?).

I was on vacation the last part of June - reunion at Lake Tahoe with

10 friends from college. It was great fun and they were all very

complimentary about my progress and had lots of questions about the

lapband and how it works. It felt so good to be eating the small

quantities slowly and deliberately and to have them notice my eating

habits.

I love my band!

Jackie S

320/263/160

Guest guest

>>Even though I worked really hard this week, I gained two pounds.

I have the same exact story here. I used my treadmill six times this week and stayed perfectly on my eating plan. I took my diuretics right on schedule, avoided all diet cokes (they make me swell), and drank at least a gallon of water each day. With all that, I am still up 2 lbs. It makes me so frustrated. I am trying not to dwell on that part, but to remember that if I hadn't been so good there would have been an actual gain of fat and not just fluid. Well in my experience episodes like this and also plain old plateaus often mean big losses when they break. My last big plateau drove me nuts, but when it finally broke, I was down all the weight I could have expected to lose during it, within a week. So, , let's plod our way through this frustrating weigh in together! Imagine how great our next weigh in will be when we can post the fat we lost this week plus what we will lose next week.

Cherilyn

lost child of the tribe

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.9.4/57 - Release Date: 7/22/2005

Guest guest

Cherilyn,

Definately plodding away! What makes it so frustrating is my next door gave me fixings for german chocolate cake. I love german chocolate cake! She knows this too! She knows that I'm trying to lose the weight. So, I will make it and put the slices in the feezer. This will give we 12 weeks of a special dessert that I will count into my program.

Blessings,

Laymance Family <amarna2@...> wrote:

So, , let's plod our way through this frustrating weigh in together! Imagine how great our next weigh in will be when we can post the fat we lost this week plus what we will lose next week.

Cherilyn

lost child of the tribe

No virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.9.4/57 - Release Date: 7/22/2005__________________________________________________