RemedySpot.com

checking in

Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad you went ahead and got a perm. You deserve it. Congrats on getting to your 50 pounds lost. I know what you mean by money being tight. We are really tight here too. Guess that is just part of life huh? Any way I bet you look great with that new hair due. 340/296.3/275

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

Sonja, Woo Hoo!!! 25 lbs is nothing to sneeze at........it's great. Los Banos.........I am in Royal Oaks, which means I am in the foothills above the Monterey Bay. Closest to Prunedale and ville, so we are almost neighbors Virginia 3 days to go!hopkinssonya <HNdaNV@...> wrote: Hi everyone,I am just checking in, I dont post very often so most of you don't know me. I was banded on Feb 27th with Jessie and Amy (the two crazy ladies from NY)they kept me laughing the whole time, I am glad I got to meet them. I got back to work on the 6th, it wasnt too bad being back at work, the time goes by faster when I have something to do. I have a 75 mile (oneway) commute to work and driving for

that long was painful, I would not recomend it. I am hungry but feeling restriction, especially in the morning. My stomach is still growling, but not as loud now, I am moving on to full liquids on Monday and really looking forward to it. My fiancee pulled out my stiches for me last night, it didnt hurt, but I felt queezy afterward, it could have been a mind thing. I am really pleased about my weight loss so far, I lost 10lbs on the pre-surgery diet, and I am down another 15lbs since the surgery. The pain in my heals has already gone away, my extra chin is going away and my shirts are fitting looser, I havent noticed much differance in my pants but I think that will be the last place to go. I did learn that I was alergic to Amoxycil (sp?), which kind of sucked but the head to toe hives are finally going away so I that is another thing to be greatful for. Everyone was really nice and the hospital was really great. Yolanda

took good care of us... but I prefer Enesto's driving.Thats all for now.. SonyaLos Banos CA Bday 02/27/06265/240/130Virginia

Guest guest

Thanks Virgina,

Congradulations on your up coming surgery, dont worry the surgery is

a breeze. I know where monterey is... afraid I dont know where Royal

Oaks is though. That is a beautiful area. I lived in Santa cruz for

a while after high school, I loved it over there but I had to move

back over the hill, there was no work in santa cruz unless I wanted

to work at the boardwalk. Anyways, it is always nice knowing that

there are others close by.

Sonya

>

> Sonja,

> Woo Hoo!!! 25 lbs is nothing to sneeze at........it's great.

Los Banos.........I am in Royal Oaks, which means I am in the

foothills above the Monterey Bay. Closest to Prunedale and

ville, so we are almost neighbors

> Virginia

> 3 days to go!

>

Guest guest

Sonyahey girlfriend how you doing im feeling great ready to go terrior them again in mexico just because heheheheh poor doctor A i did get to grab his butt ok ok i grab all the boys butts hehehehe i figred i d only be living one time in mexico lol little did i know i mht have to go there for fill but heck it helped pass the time hehehe jessie hopkinssonya <HNdaNV@...> wrote: Hi everyone,I am just checking in, I dont post very often so most of you don't know me. I was banded on Feb 27th with Jessie and Amy (the two crazy ladies from NY)they kept me laughing the whole time, I am glad I got to meet them. I got back to work on the 6th, it wasnt too bad being back at work, the time goes by faster when I have something to do. I

have a 75 mile (oneway) commute to work and driving for that long was painful, I would not recomend it. I am hungry but feeling restriction, especially in the morning. My stomach is still growling, but not as loud now, I am moving on to full liquids on Monday and really looking forward to it. My fiancee pulled out my stiches for me last night, it didnt hurt, but I felt queezy afterward, it could have been a mind thing. I am really pleased about my weight loss so far, I lost 10lbs on the pre-surgery diet, and I am down another 15lbs since the surgery. The pain in my heals has already gone away, my extra chin is going away and my shirts are fitting looser, I havent noticed much differance in my pants but I think that will be the last place to go. I did learn that I was alergic to Amoxycil (sp?), which kind of sucked but the head to toe hives are finally going away so I that is another thing to be greatful for. Everyone was

really nice and the hospital was really great. Yolanda took good care of us... but I prefer Enesto's driving.Thats all for now.. SonyaLos Banos CA Bday 02/27/06265/240/130

Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.

Guest guest

sonya girlfriend,

glad to hear you are doing fine... we had some laughs huh? I am down 17 as of this morning and jessie I believe is down 23 to think she almost didnt have it done do to that nasty cold... Keep up the good work, ya the driving sucks I drive 40 miles myself...Ill be in for that tatoo if I ever get to ca again... tell your other half to be good... hugs Amy

Checking in

Hi everyone,I am just checking in, I dont post very often so most of you don't know me. I was banded on Feb 27th with Jessie and Amy (the two crazy ladies from NY)they kept me laughing the whole time, I am glad I got to meet them. I got back to work on the 6th, it wasnt too bad being back at work, the time goes by faster when I have something to do. I have a 75 mile (oneway) commute to work and driving for that long was painful, I would not recomend it. I am hungry but feeling restriction, especially in the morning. My stomach is still growling, but not as loud now, I am moving on to full liquids on Monday and really looking forward to it. My fiancee pulled out my stiches for me last night, it didnt hurt, but I felt queezy afterward, it could have been a mind thing. I am really pleased about my weight loss so far, I lost 10lbs on the pre-surgery diet, and I am down another 15lbs since the surgery. The pain in my heals has already gone away, my extra chin is going away and my shirts are fitting looser, I havent noticed much differance in my pants but I think that will be the last place to go. I did learn that I was alergic to Amoxycil (sp?), which kind of sucked but the head to toe hives are finally going away so I that is another thing to be greatful for. Everyone was really nice and the hospital was really great. Yolanda took good care of us... but I prefer Enesto's driving.Thats all for now.. SonyaLos Banos CA Bday 02/27/06265/240/130

Guest guest

Hi Sonya, glad to hear from you this is Tracie I was there the night before you had your surgery, your fiance was so nice, you are very lucky, glad to hear you are doing so good, take care. ] Tracie Bartekhopkinssonya <HNdaNV@...> wrote: Hi everyone,I am just checking in, I dont post very often so most of you don't know me. I was banded on Feb 27th with Jessie and Amy (the two crazy ladies from NY)they kept me laughing the whole time, I am glad I got to meet them. I got back to work on the 6th, it wasnt too bad being back at work, the time goes by faster when I have something to do. I have a 75 mile (oneway) commute to work and driving for that long was painful, I would not recomend it. I am hungry but feeling restriction, especially in the morning. My stomach is still

growling, but not as loud now, I am moving on to full liquids on Monday and really looking forward to it. My fiancee pulled out my stiches for me last night, it didnt hurt, but I felt queezy afterward, it could have been a mind thing. I am really pleased about my weight loss so far, I lost 10lbs on the pre-surgery diet, and I am down another 15lbs since the surgery. The pain in my heals has already gone away, my extra chin is going away and my shirts are fitting looser, I havent noticed much differance in my pants but I think that will be the last place to go. I did learn that I was alergic to Amoxycil (sp?), which kind of sucked but the head to toe hives are finally going away so I that is another thing to be greatful for. Everyone was really nice and the hospital was really great. Yolanda took good care of us... but I prefer Enesto's driving.Thats all for now.. SonyaLos Banos CA Bday

02/27/06265/240/130Tracie K. Bartek (Dr. Aceves Lap-Band Dolls)DOB 6/24/05248/200/150

Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail makes sharing a breeze.

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hi Keri, Congratulations To You!! 16 pounds is awesome!! Are you doing anything special??? Exercise..etc?? I am still stuck on 11 pounds. I started my exercise routine this morning. I was on the treadmill for 35 minutes, did some weight training for about 7 minutes, and 2 sets on my abs lounger. I know for me I have to move it to lose it!! Keep up the good work!! Tammy I. DOB-4/20/06 __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Tammy i have not been able to do anything, and it is driving me crazy. i also had a major hernia repair that i can not do any lifting or bending for 6 weeks. i wish i knew what i am doing and did it before the surgery.... but i am very happy. Keri Uresti DOB 7/27/06 300/284/145tammy irish <tammyntod@...> wrote: Hi Keri, Congratulations To You!! 16 pounds is awesome!! Are you doing anything special??? Exercise..etc?? I am still stuck on 11 pounds. I started my exercise routine this morning. I was on the treadmill for 35 minutes, did some weight training for about 7 minutes, and 2 sets on my abs lounger. I know for me I have to move it to lose it!! Keep up the good work!! Tammy I. DOB-4/20/06 __________________________________________________

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hey Keri,

I am so glad you are doing so well. Wow! You sound motivated! How do you feel after your fill? Do you feel more restriction? It took me 2 fills to get to my "Sweet Spot" :0) I hope this was the one for you.

Lets talk soon!

Again, I am so happy and proud of you Keri :0)

Banded 7/20/05

210/149/140 ( I might rethink this to 135?)

checking in

hey everyone this is keri from florida and i just wanted to check in to tell everyone how my journey has been coming along. well i just had my first fill on Monday June 12th, with a local doctor and everything was great. i have been going to the gym 2-3 times a week and eating the best i have ever did... i think i just don't want to go back to my old habits. i just would like to thank everyones support. this has been the best family a girl (or guy) could ever have. hope all is doing well.keri urestiDOB 4/27/06300/276/1451st fill 1.2 cc

• 1 month later...

Kathleen,

My doctor recommended the dilation because he believes in trying that

first. He will do two dilations if necessary - then he would

recommend surgery. He didn't want me to go through surgery if it

wasn't necessary, although, he left the decision up to me. As I said,

I'm glad I followed his advice!

Good luck,

Kathy

> >

> > So many of you helped me once I received my diagnosis, went through

> > depression, and tips on what to drink when I couldn't eat, etc.

> > I did have a balloon dilation (my first) on May 25th at s

> Hopkins.

> > I really didn't expect to work, but I was able to eat pretty

> normally

> > after the procedure. I did have esophagael spasms for a couple of

> > weeks, but they have stopped.

> >

> > I am doing really well. I am able to eat almost everything and

> > swallow without difficulty. I found that I still have problems

> with

> > rice and I did regurgitate after eating it. I guess that just

> won't

> > be in my diet.

> > I also have hiccuping while eating some foods.

> >

> > I just had a follow up swallow study and it showed just a very

> small

> > area that retained barium and some spasms. All in all, my doctor

> > doesn't want to see me for 6 months unless I develop problems. He

> > said my spasms occur because I have " vigorous " achalasia.

> >

> > I am very glad I followed his advice and had dialation instead of

> > surgery at this stage. I have recovered my strength and energy.

> Now

> > my only real problem is how not to gain more weight!!!!

> >

> > Anyway, I wanted to say hello and thanks for your support.

> >

> > Kathy

> >

>

I am so sorry you have had such a difficult time. Pancreatitis is horrible I

know. I have seen it up close and personal with my son when he was 15. You

are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope nothing but smooth sailing is ahead for

you.

V

Hi Sondra! Great to hear from you, littermate.

I've been feeling more normal lately, but I do notice that when I'm hungry it

can be almost nauseating. I'm quickly becoming a believer in the six little

meals a day plan. I'm going to weigh in tomorrow and get a B-12 shot. I've been

at the beach for the last two weeks and haven't stepped on a scale, but my scale

here at home says I may be down another 10 pounds. The best part is I don't feel

deprived of anything like I always did when I was dieting.

I wonder if the bad taste in your mouth might be from ketosis? I haven't noticed

it so much post-op, but in my old opti-fast days it would hit hard. Bad taste

and bad breath. You can get urine dip strips at the drug store that will tell

you if you're in ketosis. Just a thought.

Congratulations on the 32 lbs! Sounds a bit like flying to me. . .

:-) Kathy in VA

7/6/06

297/272

-------------- Original message --------------

Hello, just checking in with my progress. I see my PCP tomorrow for a

checkup. I am improving each day but it seems so slow in comparison to

the other mgbr's. I am so ready to fly but I know it's not time yet

and I have to take it slow. I am happy I have lost 32 lbs now. I still

have an ongoing pain in the abdomen area mostly when things go through

me and are further south, possibly still from my pancreatitis and

inflamed bowels. Some days are better than others. It feels like

everything I eat is thick and gets stuck but it goes through ok

eventually. Today was a rough day and I didn't feel so hot and was

sleepy all day but managed to stay at work. I think I am still

struggling with thrush also. Nothing tastes good, your mouth is dry as

a bone and feels strange. I can't handle the nystatin anymore so am

not sure what to do to get rid of this. It's been a month plus now and

I am not sure how to kick it. Any suggestions for me? I am able to do

basic things now go to work, cook, laundry etc. not ready to go to the

gym yet am so tired all the time. Mornings are harder than evenings.

Have you experienced any of this out there since your surgery?

• 3 weeks later...

In a message dated 9/5/2006 5:02:19 PM Pacific Standard Time, bryefield@... writes:

I even finally cracked open the colored stones and glass bowl. so far it has 2 reds and one white - no blue today

What's this mean, ?

it feels good to be back - I worked out this morning - not as intense as last night but the day's not over yet! 2188 calories (188 too much). 12 minutes on the bike - 1/2 my stretching tape. I've entered it into sparkpeople, I even finally cracked open the colored stones and glass bowl. so far it has 2 reds and one white - no blue today, bbut that's ok :) tomorrow is another day. Live, Love, Laugh

Re: Checking in

Hey great to see you on the list again. We can all do this and we will.

NHMom to AbnEm...

I'm lost on this one. What is the colored stones and glass bowls? I must have missed a email somewhere.

Hey great to see you on the list again. We can all do this and we will.

NHMom to AbnEm...

one of those vision things LOL - I have a clear bowl that you could use for a pillar candle or something a bit larger. The colored stones are like you can use with floral arrangements, ccandles, aquraiums etc. I got everything on clearance, so if I work out a red one goes in the bowl, if I get all my water in - a white one goes in and blue for calories. yep it was something I was going to try some years ago but didn't, I bought everything on clearence when s and a big lots type store were going out of business Live, Love, Laugh

I even finally cracked open the colored stones and glass bowl. so far it has 2 reds and one white - no blue today, bbut that's ok :) tomorrow is another day.

I thought I got the idea from this list a few years ago: it's a vision things LOL - I have a clear bowl that you could use for a pillar candle or something a bit larger. The colored stones are like you can use with floral arrangements, candles, aquraiums etc. I got everything on clearance, so if I work out a red one goes in the bowl, if I get all my water in - a white one goes in and blue for calories. yep it was something I was going to try some years ago but didn't, I bought everything on clearence when s and a big lots type store were going out of business. A pretty version of gold stars (though I have that going on too at the moment).

Live, Love, Laugh

In a message dated 9/5/2006 5:02:19 PM Pacific Standard Time, bryefield (DOT) com writes:

I even finally cracked open the colored stones and glass bowl. so far it has 2 reds and one white - no blue today

What's this mean, ?

Hi ! Glad you're back :)

> I haven't figured out what triggers me to blow it when I get to 300.

I don't know about for you, but for me it's " might as well blow it "

mindset. Instead of getting back on program and losing what I've put

back on, I'd rather feel sorry for myself and give up :(

>I managed to go from 330 to 265 in 2004. I know lifes been crazy but

so is everyone elses. I have the job stress - are we merging with the

other company or not.... again not the only one with job stress.

Financial stress - again so are a lot of people - the first time I

lost 50 pounds with deal a meal I was on food stamps for crying out

loud - I'm not that strapped this time. The new rent with the new

apartment really took a big chunk of my income - what was I thinking.

My family's crazy but I'm used to that. So not a lot has really

changed but my lack of dedication to my plan. I wrote out a menu plan

last week using my index

> cards, but I didn't stick to it. I went way over on my calories -

pop. No exercise, and my water was great for 4 days and then not

enough this weekend. I need to pop in a walking tape since I'm not in

shape for the animal walk a thon in 2 weeks. <

I think you forgot to put yourself on the " to do " list--we're all

guilty of that! Don't beat yourself up over small slips--like the

water up there--you did great for 4 days straight and that's awesome!

Try and focus on the positive :)

>This is not the future I want

> for myself or my daughter and yet here I sit. ok off my fanny.....

Ah, but you *did* get up off your fanny :) You can do it, !

We're all right here with ya :)

-Bonnie

it does feel soooo good being back - I did minutes on the bike - TOM so I don't feel like doing a tape - so I'll ride again after work - but not so near bedtime - I was wide awake for hours the other night after my late night workout LOL. I don't know that I feel sorry for myself, I just get to the point where I don't care. For now that's over!! Live, Love, Laugh

Hi ! Glad you're back :)> I haven't figured out what triggers me to blow it when I get to 300. I don't know about for you, but for me it's "might as well blow it"mindset. Instead of getting back on program and losing what I've putback on, I'd rather feel sorry for myself and give up :(>I think you forgot to put yourself on the "to do" list--we're allguilty of that! Don't beat yourself up over small slips--like thewater up there--you did great for 4 days straight and that's awesome!Try and focus on the positive :)>This is not the future I want> for myself or my daughter and yet here I sit. ok off my fanny.....Ah, but you *did* get up off your fanny :) You can do it, ! We're all right here with ya :)-Bonnie

In a message dated 9/5/2006 7:54:30 PM Pacific Standard Time, bryefield@... writes:

so if I work out a red one goes in the bowl, if I get all my water in - a white one goes in and blue for calories.

So, what's the catch? At the end of the month you get a "reward" for how many red, clear and blue ones you have?

I'm not really sure - my goal is to fill the bowl - my reward will be better endurance and my jeans fitting more comfortably LOL Live, Love, Laugh

So, what's the catch? At the end of the month you get a "reward" for how many red, clear and blue ones you have?

>The new rent with the new apartment really took a big chunk of my income -

what was I thinking.

We just found out last week that to keep Henry on our insurance while he's

still in college and not working will be an additional $180/month, money we

really don't have but until the kid gets a full time job with benefits,

we're stuck. Thank goodness he's getting a fellowship to continue his

schooling, but it's only a fraction of the money he was getting as an

undergrad.

>I wrote out a menu plan last week using my index

> cards, but I didn't stick to it.

Last week I knew it would be useless to make out a food plan because of

vacation, but things went pretty good - I actually lost 1 1/2 pounds instead

of the usual vacation splurge weight gain. This week we'll be back on the

dinner menus I wrote up weeks ago (They're written through September and

into October already). My problem comes when Ed comes home, sees what I

made, and says " That again?! Why didn't you make ____, instead? " even though

the menu has been printed up and hanging in the kitchen for a few weeks

already.

> My birthday is coming up and I'll be 44

53 for me in October.

> My grandparents lived until their 80's

Mine, too, and one of my great-grandmothers lived to be 105, her sister 114.

She was short and round her entire life, and unfortunately I take after her

and that side of the damily.

> but both of my birth - parents died young - my mom was 56 and my dad 58.

My mom had her fatal heart attack at 44 - but she lived on perked coffee and

cigarets, a few pots and a few packs a day, and every meal was loaded with

butter, heavy cream, when possible, and loads of salt, and the only exercise

she got was going back and forth to the kitchen and bathroom. I may be

heavier than she was, but at least I eat right and exercise.

My dad died last year at age 74 from lung cancer after being a smoker for

all but the first 8 years of his life (Yep, he started smoking that early).

>She knew she wasn't feeling well and refused to go to the doctors.

We found out my mom was having chest pains for a week before she allowed me

to take her to the doc (She refused to go to the hospital) and died in his

waiting room.

At least we know better and *don't* repeat the mistakes of our parents.

Sue in NJ

who hopes her son never repeats *her* mistakes