that first week. i was sick to my stomach for that

whole week. felt

like morning sickness..ha-ha. i am not at the

computer much because i

have been so busy but i will try to check-in agian

in another week. god

bless.

jennifer

HI ! Kudos to you for the exercise!! You are doing great and right now, doing more than I am in the exercise department. I think I just need to start and once I do it one time, I will get back into it. It is just getting myself out the door that is the problem. Congrats on the 33lbs gone for good!

M

From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of jen_n_jon_01Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 8:28 PM Subject: checking in

hi everyone, its been awhile sense i checked in. had surgery on september 20th.i am down 33lbs and i went from size 22-24 to a size 18!!!. i feel great. i try to jog 1 mile every weekday but sometimes i can only do 3/4 of a mile and then i bike and use my ab lounge. i couldnt even make it up the stairs a couple of months ago. and i am still not smoking, its been 3 months. i had my first fill and i had a hard time with it that first week. i was sick to my stomach for that whole week. felt like morning sickness..ha-ha. i am not at the computer much because i have been so busy but i will try to check-in agian in another week. god bless. jennifer

• 1 month later...

I wanted to make a comment about fat people! I NEVER see the size of a

person for some reason. This works both ways though. My mother-in-law

lost 50# and got mad at me because I never said anything to her. I told

hr the truth! I never saw the 50# on her in the first place! LOL When

I lose my 100# it will be because of my health and because everyone else

wants me too! I guess that is part of the problem!

linda marie

Hi , I am American, born to American parents, but I was born in New Guinea. My parents were missionaries. We also lived in Hong Kong, and my parents lived in Africa before I was born. I know there are recipes that we make, but I don't know what is American and what isn't. I will ask my mom when I see her next if she knows of any recipes that we used to make over seas. Checking InHi Everyone,Well it's another day. I really hope that I didn't start a war with my comment about rude people. I personally don't like fat bodies, myself included but I do take each person account separately. There are going to be some people out there who don't give a damn about what body they have and then there are going to be others like our-self that are doing something about it. The past couple of days have been busy. I'm trying to create a nutritional database for myself so that I have access to it on my computer at home and It will make sure that I write everything down on my journals and keep track of it. I hate looking things up in a book and I don't always have access to on line. It's a lot of work!!! There is a lot of information to type. If anyone wants to help out with it I would love the help. I've been writing an international cook book. I would love to get some of your favorite authentic recipes! If your family came from any country other than the United States I would love to hear from you. I will then try to turn the recipe into a high nutritious recipe but still keep the flavor. My calories have been between 1800-2100 calories. I'm feeling the pangs of hunger again. When I was larger it seemed like I would never feel hunger and I would eat just because I wanted to eat. My body is now telling me to feed me naturally which is a good thing. Though when I don't feel like eating I make sure that I eat what I have planned because my body still needs food to survive and run. I'm really loving my 8 week membership! I love using the bike and the free weights. Well thats all about me today! Blessings,www.geocities.com/remaking_me Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcoverPhoto Books. You design it and we’ll bind it!

, This would be awesome! I'm finding some good ones in cook books but I can't use them because of copyright laws. Keep Going! 417/371/140 www.geocities.com/remaking_me <memyselves@...> wrote: Hi , I am American, born to American parents, but I was born in New Guinea. My parents were missionaries. We also lived in Hong Kong, and my parents lived in Africa before I was born. I know there are recipes that we make, but I don't know what is American and

what isn't. I will ask my mom when I see her next if she knows of any recipes that we used to make over seas. Checking In Hi Everyone, Well it's another day. I really hope that I didn't start a war with my comment about rude people. I personally don't like fat bodies, myself included but I do take each person account separately. There are going to be some people out there who don't give a damn about what body they have and then there are going to be others like our-self that are doing something about it. The past couple of days have been busy. I'm trying to create a nutritional database for myself so that I have access to it on my computer at home and It will make sure that I write everything down on my journals and keep track of it. I hate looking things up

in a book and I don't always have access to on line. It's a lot of work!!! There is a lot of information to type. If anyone wants to help out with it I would love the help. I've been writing an international cook book. I would love to get some of your favorite authentic recipes! If your family came from any country other than the United States I would love to hear from you. I will then try to turn the recipe into a high nutritious recipe but still keep the flavor. My calories have been between 1800-2100 calories. I'm feeling the pangs of hunger again. When I was larger it seemed like I would never feel hunger and I would eat just because I wanted to eat. My body is now telling me to feed me naturally which is a good thing. Though when I don't feel like eating I make sure that I eat what I have planned because my body still needs food to survive and run. I'm really loving my 8 week

membership! I love using the bike and the free weights. Well thats all about me today! Blessings, www.geocities.com/remaking_me Photos – Showcase holiday pictures in hardcoverPhoto Books. You design it and we’ll bind it!

Photos Got holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands ASAP.

I love my 8 week membership too. I have been everyday except on the weekends. I am taking them off. I am up to an hour and a half at the gym a day and getting stronger each day. Our gym is offering a special to the challenge members who want to join permenantly, if we join by the 31st, So I am gonna join. I am really happy there.

That's cool. We have a discount offer too. The location is a little far for me. So I will probably join a closer gym when the 8 weeks are over. The closer it is, the more I will go.Myssi <justmyssi@...> wrote: I love my 8 week membership too. I have been everyday except on the weekends. I am taking them off. I am up to an hour and a half at the gym a day and getting stronger each day. Our gym is offering a special to the challenge members who want to join permenantly, if we join by the 31st, So I am gonna join. I am really happy there.

What are the most popular cars? Find out at Autos

In a message dated 1/28/2006 2:52:15 P.M. Central Standard Time, walking2health@... writes:

We are currently purchasing a scale that goes up to 550 lbs and tells us the fat mass and water mass.

Can you please tell me where I can buy a scale like this and about how much it would cost???

thanks

Legina

Carla,

I am gald you got a little out, it is not good for yout o be

overfilled, the weight loss is great but not worth the risk on your

band.

Congrats on your 50 lbs!!!

Nina

>

> Hey this is Carla S. I haven't posted in a long time. I am one of

those

> who lurk in the background. I had my surgery on August 3. I have

lost

> 50 pounds since my surgery. I had my first fill with Dr. A on

September

> 27th. I had a .2cc unfill today. I was too tight for too long! I

just

> could not bring myself to go to a different Dr. than Dr.A. but my

mom

> (Penny Manville) found a Dr. in sbluff NB which is about 2

and one

> half hours from where I live so I finally broke down and went in.

I

> can't tell if my band is less restricted because I ate after the

unfill

> and ended up vomiting so it is back to liquids for a day. The Dr.

is

> nice and I will be going to him for continued follow up. Evin

though he

> is good he can't compare to Dr. A. It is so great to hear of

everyone's

> great successes and to see all the new people who are being

banded.

> Good Luck and God Bless to all.

>

> Carla

> DOB 08-03-05

> 215/166/135

>

Carla, WOW 50 lbs that is awesome, you and your mom are doing so good, and looking good I bet, congrats on the weight loss. and congrats for being smart enough to have a little unfil when you knew it was too tight. Tracie bartek cjmshriver <cjmshriver@...> wrote: Hey this is Carla S. I haven't posted in a long time. I am one of those who lurk in the background. I had my surgery on August 3. I have lost 50 pounds since my surgery. I had my first fill with Dr. A on September 27th. I had a .2cc unfill today. I was too tight for too long! I just could not bring myself to go to a different Dr. than Dr.A. but my mom (Penny Manville) found a Dr. in sbluff NB which is about 2 and one half hours from where I live so I finally broke down and went in. I can't tell

if my band is less restricted because I ate after the unfill and ended up vomiting so it is back to liquids for a day. The Dr. is nice and I will be going to him for continued follow up. Evin though he is good he can't compare to Dr. A. It is so great to hear of everyone's great successes and to see all the new people who are being banded. Good Luck and God Bless to all.CarlaDOB 08-03-05215/166/135 __________________________________________________

congrats to both you and Mike!!! Neal <walking2health@...> wrote: Hi Everyone, Well I'm happy to announce that Mike has lost 4 pounds since the last time we weighed him. I have lost 2 pounds taking me down to 369 by the doctor's scale. We are currently purchasing a scale that goes up to 550 lbs and tells us the fat mass and water mass. I've added some information to the webpage. Including some recipes and stuff. I haven't even produced 1 of 1000 percent of what I want to put on it. So please keep checking back. There are going to be some great stuff!Live, Love, Laugh

don't we all LOL - just remeber we're getting healthy and it didn't appear overnight and it won't disappear overnight - if it did we'd never learn to eat right or the importance of working out and drinking our water <GBG> Neal <walking2health@...> wrote: Thanks ! I hope to report better success! One more step, one more push up, one more stair www.geocities.com/remaking_meLive, Love, Laugh

Ok so now you know why you want to get healthy. Now comes the planning part 1. you'll find lots of support here 2. meal planning 3. exercise 4. water It certainly seems that you have your hands full. Are weekends an option for Curves? Do you have any equipment at home? any videos? Is it possible to go for a walk? Do you bring your lunch to work? ~~Maralee~~ <mparker72@...> wrote: Hi everyone... I'm skimming the digests but haven't gotten too involved in the list yet. I'm not doing well and I just get tired of it! I lose 2-3 pounds then gain 4, lose 5 then gain 4,

up and down, up and down. UGH I really do want to lose weight. I want to feel better, walk without pain in my foot (bone spur problems), wear nicer clothing, fit in chairs better, and be a 51 year old babe! :) But I haven't been very successful in the past ten years. I've hovered around this weight for that long or more. Can't seem to break that 300 mark! I have been on all the diets too, all my life, since 12 years old. My biggest "success" was with Optifast in 1989 when I lost 78 pounds. I felt great at 217!! It stayed off for a while and then 2-3 years later it started to find me....5 pounds at a time...until I passed where I was originally. I am a CURVES member but

don't make it there like I should. I try 2x a week because i can't seem to get there 3x...i work 9-6 and am not a morning person so don't want to go before work. I have a 17 year old with disabilities and pretty much need to be here to get her off to school in the mornings too. So I get home after 6 (when i don't have meetings at work or church) and have to run over there before 7....and it's just challenging to make it 3x a week. Okay, have I whined enough? :) I'll keep trying to conquer the battle of the fork...one bite at a time! Maralee Live, Love, Laugh

Maralee the best advice I can give you is look at it as a way of life. Sometimes you need to change something in your life to keep it interesting OR new to help you. Find a new snack that helps you feel full. Try a new soup that helps you make it threw the day. Anything to help you get over the up and down. Measuring is a great tool incase the scale is not kind to you. Keep the faith. Dont forget journaling helps to.

NH... Mom to Abby Liz 10/94 Anne 7/99

My husband and I just purchased one of of ebay that goes up to

400lbs and it was only 25 dollars (course shipping was the same as

the cost) but yah on ebay they have ones that go up to about

550lbs. We just can't wait until ours is delivered. If you wanna

see the one we got go to this link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

ViewItem & rd=1 & item=4434649248 & ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT.

>

>

> In a message dated 1/28/2006 2:52:15 P.M. Central Standard Time,

> walking2health@y... writes:

>

> We are currently purchasing a scale that goes up to 550 lbs and

tells us the

> fat mass and water mass.

>

>

> Can you please tell me where I can buy a scale like this and about

how much

> it would cost???

>

> thanks

> Legina

>

>I lose 2-3 pounds then gain

4, lose 5 then gain 4, up and down, up and down.

Maralee, this happens to I would say 99 percent of us here, so don't get

discouraged!

>walk without pain in

my foot (bone spur problems),

The only ting that finally got rid of my foot pain was a new set of

orthotics from the podiatrist. He tried everything else, and about a few

weeks after getting them the pain I had for 4 years started to ease up. My

cruddy health insurance covered it, so your probably will, too. Call a local

podiatrist and talk to the office manager about it, if you wnat to make sure

before you make an appointment.

>Okay, have I whined enough? :)

Never! Whine as much as you need to get yourself going! LOL

Sue in NJ

who really has to get ready for the dentist so I'll be back later

So true, So true!! I have to remind myself of this every day and others too! www.geocities.com/remaking_me <bryefield@...> wrote: don't we all LOL - just remeber we're getting healthy and it didn't appear overnight and it won't disappear overnight - if it did we'd never learn to eat right or the importance of working out and drinking our water <GBG>

What are the most popular cars? Find out at Autos

(((((HUGS)))) Hang in there Maralee (pretty name BTW :o)) It is such a struggle to lose weight. But I am glad that you are here. I find that with the support of those that truly understand where you are coming fromwe can do this One Day at a Time. I can't look any further than that it is too much and always sets me up to fail. I just started trying to eat better yesterday and already today I had a slip. I am trying not to beat myself up just saying "ok you messed up so what" start over right now and take it from there. Like I said hang in there and talk to you soon.

Suzy :o)

• 2 weeks later...

no we actually met at a homeless shelter but he was in the hospital when I was there for a month and we never met each other. Myssi <justmyssi@...> wrote: You and Mike met at the hospital? That is soo cool. Ya just never know your fate do ya?

Relax. virus scanning helps detect nasty viruses!