RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Tracie,

Thanks for the phone number. You will be hearing from me soon. I have house guests at the moment and will wait until they leave before calling you. I live in Melbourne, Fl and will of course be flying into San Diego. I haven't scheduled yet, but plan on doing so hopefully next week. I hate to travel alone and I am hoping to get my son to go with me.....we shall see. If there is anyone out there from the central FL area that is thinking about doing the surgery, please post something or email me and maybe we can coordinate something.

Debby

Guest guest

Hi Debbie, I'm del Carmen and I live in Miami...not central Florida but close enough. I'm schedule to fly to San Diego on the 27th of July and surgery on the 28th. I'm going with my son but I would be happy to have you as a buddy. We can have my son who is 22 years and very responsible as well as protective of me old call our families back at home to keep them posted. Let me know.

>From: "Debby B." <debbyb32901@...>>Reply- > >Subject: Re: newbie>Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 21:07:44 -0700 (PDT)>>Hi Tracie,>Thanks for the phone number. You will be hearing from me soon. I have house guests at the moment and will wait until they leave before calling you. I live in Melbourne, Fl and will of course be flying into San Diego. I haven't scheduled yet, but plan on doing so hopefully next week. I hate to travel alone and I am hoping to get my son to go with me.....we shall see. If there is anyone out there from the central FL area that is thinking about doing the surgery, please post something or email me and maybe we can coordinate something.>Debby

Guest guest

Hello ,

Thanks for your reply and offer to join you but I am not able to make my arrangements until the first week in Sept. I want my son to accompany me and he will not be available until that time. And I also need to save a little bit more money. Good Luck with you surgery! Please let me know how you make out. I wish I was going soon!

Debby

Guest guest

Thank you Debby. Please keep me in your prayers. I'm 17 days out and

counting and I'm shaking in my boots...LOL. I'm excited, nervous and

extatic at the same time. I'm just a ball of nerves right now so let

me breathe......Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

> Hello ,

> Thanks for your reply and offer to join you but I am not able to

make my arrangements until the first week in Sept. I want my son to

accompany me and he will not be available until that time. And I also

need to save a little bit more money. Good Luck with you surgery!

Please let me know how you make out. I wish I was going soon!

> Debby

Guest guest

I am excited for you and wish I could go so soon too, but I have waited this long so a little more time won't matter. I am sure you will be fine! Please send me before pictures so I can track your progress with you and I will so the same for you. Stay calm!!! LOL

Debby

Guest guest

I am excited for you and wish I could go so soon too, but I have waited this long so a little more time won't matter. I am sure you will be fine! Please send me before pictures so I can track your progress with you and I will so the same for you. Stay calm!!! LOL

Debby

Guest guest

Hi Glenda and all,

I've met with the same resistance but people know I always do what I want anyway. However, I would like to know how everyone else has handled this because I too have presented my family and friends with my research and such but to no avail. I'm scheduled in 8 days for my banding. Would love to hear how people handled this before.

>From: Glenda Lamb <glamb83660@...>>Reply- > >Subject: Newbie>Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:52:06 -0700 (PDT)>>Hi all,>> I've been reading the posts for about 2 weeks, figured I'd jump in today, I'm scheduled to be banded Aug 22. I can't wait, not really nervous either. What I need is help on getting my Hubby and son on board. They both think I'm a dumb a** for going to Mexico for surgery.>I've explained I researched and emailed several people about thier experiances and feel comfortable about having it done by Dr A.>>Did anyone else meet similar resistance and how do you get them on board?>>Glenda in Idaho>>>>---------------------------------> Start your day with - make it your home page

Guest guest

To Glenda and Marie,

I met with the same protest, the unknown is always scary and what the news and magazines have to say about surgery in Mexico never helps, but you know the news won't report all the good Dr.'s in Mexico cause then that would take away from US doctors making there killing on how much they charge. would suggest going to the bandster web sites and looking in my photo folder I took pics of the equipment and the hospital maybe that will help put there mind at ease.

GOod Luck

Tracie B.

Guest guest

Hi Glenda! I guess the best way is let

them read some of the emails on this list. Also I guess we need to get together

a list of people who have done websites like me. Hearing other peoples

experiences always helps.

In Texas

280/215/160

http://www.tracyslapband.com

Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005

9:52 AM

Subject:

Hi all,

I've been reading the posts for about 2 weeks, figured I'd jump

in today, I'm scheduled to be banded Aug 22. I can't wait, not

really nervous either. What I need is help on getting my Hubby and

son on board. They both think I'm a dumb a** for going to Mexico for surgery.

I've explained I researched and emailed several people about thier

experiances and feel comfortable about having it done by Dr A.

Did anyone else meet similar resistance and how do you get them on

board?

Glenda in Idaho

Start

your day with - make it your home page

Guest guest

Once I explained to my family that I had

talked with Nina, talked with several others who had surgery with Dr. Aceves

and felt comfortable with my decision, they had no choice but to go along with

me. Of course they were nervous for me while I was there, and felt better when

they called and knew I was ok. But I think they would have been nervous no

matter where I had surgery simply because it is SURGERY. But no matter

what, you are going to come across people who just don’t like the idea

and those are the ones you can either ignore, or prove them wrong later. J

In Texas

280/215/160

http://www.tracyslapband.com

Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005

10:04 AM

Subject: RE:

Hi Glenda

and all,

I've met

with the same resistance but people know I always do what I want anyway.

However, I would like to know how everyone else has handled this because I too

have presented my family and friends with my research and such but to no avail.

I'm scheduled in 8 days for my banding. Would love to hear how people

handled this before.

>From: Glenda Lamb <glamb83660@...>

>Reply-

>

>Subject: Newbie

>Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:52:06 -0700 (PDT)

>

>Hi all,

>

> I've been reading the posts for about 2 weeks, figured I'd jump

son on board. They both think I'm a dumb a** for going to Mexico for surgery.

>I've explained I researched and emailed several people about thier

>

>Did anyone else meet similar resistance and how do you get them on board?

>

>Glenda in Idaho

>

>

>

>---------------------------------

> Start your day with - make it your home page

Guest guest

THERE IS A WOMAN NAMED BELINDA ON HERE AND I DONT REMEMBER HER NUMBER BUT I LOOKED ON HERE ONE DAY BEFORE I HAD MY SURGERY AND HER NUMBER JUST HAPPENED TO BE POSTED FOR THIS OTHER WOMAN TO CALL HER. WELL ANYWAYS I CALLED HER AND SHE TALKED TO ME FOR ABOUT 45 MIN OR SO AND I WILL TELL YOU THAT WHEN I GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH HER I FELT SO MUCH LESS NERVOUS ABOUT EVERYTHING AND IF SHE IS STILL ON HERE I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU.

DAISY

Guest guest

HI Daizy, Yea i'm still here and glad to here from you. I saw where you had a problem with your band slipping but like I said I picked Dr Aceves for the way he responses to problems. I'm glad your back on track now. How was your trip? Did your husband do ok I was a little worried about him. Well you will do great just keep posting and give me a call sometime I would love to talk to you about your experiance. My number is 405-478-3783 home or 405-794-5293 cell. Welcome to the other side!!!!!!!!!!!! BelindaDdayz031377@... wrote:

THERE IS A WOMAN NAMED BELINDA ON HERE AND I DONT REMEMBER HER NUMBER BUT I LOOKED ON HERE ONE DAY BEFORE I HAD MY SURGERY AND HER NUMBER JUST HAPPENED TO BE POSTED FOR THIS OTHER WOMAN TO CALL HER. WELL ANYWAYS I CALLED HER AND SHE TALKED TO ME FOR ABOUT 45 MIN OR SO AND I WILL TELL YOU THAT WHEN I GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH HER I FELT SO MUCH LESS NERVOUS ABOUT EVERYTHING AND IF SHE IS STILL ON HERE I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU.

DAISY

Guest guest

Hi Glenda....what part of Idaho?

> Hi all,

>

son on board. They both think I'm a dumb a** for going to Mexico for

surgery.

> I've explained I researched and emailed several people about thier

>

> Did anyone else meet similar resistance and how do you get them on

board?

>

> Glenda in Idaho

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

Guest guest

Hi, I live in a very small town about an hour S.W. of Boise called Parma.

I'm 47 5'5" and 285.josey12345 <pam2749@...> wrote:

Hi Glenda....what part of Idaho?---

Guest guest

hi I know where Parma is. I have a brother in Boise. If you need some moral support give me a call 1-208-234-2844. my name is Pam (y is my name)

-------Original Message-------

Article health wellness

Center

for health and wellness

Health and wellness

Health and wellness program

Health wellness product

Health and wellness job

Start your day with - make it your home page

Guest guest

Hi Glenda,

I'm hoping to get my surgery done in Dec/Jan but I do know what you

mean by people just freakign out over the fact I am going to Mexico

for the surgery. Today, I mentioned it to some friends and they just

went off on this negative tangent and I was like " Hello, we have

mishaps here in the US!!! That's why everything costs so darn much! "

but I told them I have researched the information, talked to other

people who have had the surgery and I have made up my mind! I guess

people just feel that only the good ole USA can provide quality

care, forgetting people are having the same surgeries done around

the world without any problems. If you've done your research and you

are comfortable with it then you go right ahead...there's plenty of

great people in here to help you along the way. I just wish I could

get my surgery done sooner...but with two jobs and ft college, I

have to wait till I have time to rest and recuperate which won't be

till Dec/Jan when I'm on break. Good Luck to you!!! Welcome aboard!

> Hi all,

>

son on board. They both think I'm a dumb a** for going to Mexico for

surgery.

> I've explained I researched and emailed several people about thier

>

> Did anyone else meet similar resistance and how do you get them on

board?

>

> Glenda in Idaho

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

Guest guest

BELINDA, HE ENDED UP BEING FINE EVERY TIME I WOULD MOVE THOUGH HE WOULD JUMP OFF THE COUCH TO SEE WHAT I WAS DOING OR IF HE COULD HELP ME WITH ANYTHING. I AM DOING FINE I HAD LOST 16 LBS SO FAR. I AM HAVING A HARD TIME NOT WEIGHING THOUGH I WISH I COULD GET OUT OF THE HABIT. I AM JUST SO EXCITED AND I THINK EVERYTIME I GET ON THAT SCALE AND IT IS A POUND LESS I REMEMBER WHY I AM STARVING. LOL. I AM FINE THOUGH. THANK YOU FOR ASKING.

DAISY

Guest guest

HI GLENDA IM NEW TO THE SITE AS WELL, BUT WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT ITS ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL HAPPINESS YOU DONT WANT TO LOOK BACK IT ON LATER AND SAY WHY DID I LISTEN TO THE NAY SAYERS IF IT FEELS RIGHT DO ITjosey12345 <pam2749@...> wrote:

Hi Glenda....what part of Idaho?> Hi all,> > I've been reading the posts for about 2 weeks, figured I'd jump in today, I'm scheduled to be banded Aug 22. I can't wait, not really nervous either. What I need is help on getting my Hubby and son on board. They both think I'm a dumb a** for going to Mexico for surgery.> I've explained I researched and emailed several people about thier experiances and feel comfortable about having it done by Dr A. > > Did anyone else meet similar resistance and how do you get them on board?> > Glenda in Idaho> > > >

---------------------------------> Start your day with - make it your home page__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Glenda, if you need your husband to talk to mine go right ahead, my husband went with me and the hospital is the cleanest hospital I have ever been in, the equipment is state of the art and the doctor is rated one of the number one doctors in Mexico, did you know that most US doctors went to Mexico to get their training for the lap band, yes, Mexico doctors have been doing this surgery longer then US so why waste another 6 or 7 grand having it done here when you can go there and get excellent care.

I was banded on Juen 24 I am 4 weeks post op today and doing great.

If you want to talk or have me talk to your husband call anytime, 817-441-5211 or 817-692-0346

Tracie B. in Texas

Guest guest

That's good Daisy i'm glad to here he's doing fine tell him it will get better your in the worse part of it as far as i'm concerned. 16 POUNDS THATS TOO COOL your doing so good. As far as the scales go it's a problem for me also seems like i traded one bad habit for another l0l. Talk to you later Belinda

Re: Newbie

BELINDA, HE ENDED UP BEING FINE EVERY TIME I WOULD MOVE THOUGH HE WOULD JUMP OFF THE COUCH TO SEE WHAT I WAS DOING OR IF HE COULD HELP ME WITH ANYTHING. I AM DOING FINE I HAD LOST 16 LBS SO FAR. I AM HAVING A HARD TIME NOT WEIGHING THOUGH I WISH I COULD GET OUT OF THE HABIT. I AM JUST SO EXCITED AND I THINK EVERYTIME I GET ON THAT SCALE AND IT IS A POUND LESS I REMEMBER WHY I AM STARVING. LOL. I AM FINE THOUGH. THANK YOU FOR ASKING.

DAISY

Guest guest

OK.now that was a tear jerker..

I to own and live in(24/7) an assisted living home in Texas. I would like to add to your story as a what if:

While the granddaughter was telling you about the Lap Band surgery and how it was giving her a better quality of life. I'll bet gramma picked up on the pride in her granddaughters voice. Grammas have a way of "just knowing"..Having you & her granddaughter at her bedside..was all gramma needed to know you both were in good hands. And you both were on the right track with life. I'll bet gramma is up in heaven right now dancing the hockie pokie right this very min...For her granddaughters new found life and for you and your book. Good luck. Where there is a will..God will provide a way..

Guest guest

Hey Robyn:

I am glad you heard about the lap band, Dr Aceves is the greatest. When you check out is website again they have info on fiancing, plus they is others on here am sure who financed they band who will be willing to share, this is a very sharing and caring group so you are in good hands. I just had my band last week and it was the greatest thing I ever done for my self, I myself is in health care and give a lot to others but it is a good thing to give to ourselves so we can continue on and care for others

Good luck and God bless you on your journey.

Nicol "I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination".

Guest guest

Hey :

I am doing better than I thought. I felt a little hungry today for the first time, however, I cant drink all the broth and jello, my stomach seems to rumble, I guess is not exactly hungry prangs but a less than satisfied feeling. I made my family dinner yesterday and wanted to to taste it so bad because it smelled so good, lol. How is your hunger and how do you deal with it. I have been trying to stay active by taking my dog (Pepper) for a walk around my subdivision but other than that I am doing much.

Oh one of my stitches fell out a couple nights ago, I was a bit scared but it still looks good like it is healing well.

When you get time you can call me and will give you some pointers on your daughter.

Take care.

Nicol "I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination".

Guest guest

hey Nichol,

How are you doing? I took out my stitches today! I didn't even pop apart! I came home to sick kids (allergies). They will get better and I feel fine, no allergies for me! I am hoping to go back to Mexicali for my fill when I need it. the kids need an adventure! I need to fix dinner and that has not been too bad so far. needs her hair done and I will ask about that later. Good luck ~~

in NM

280/265

Re: Newbie

Hey Robyn:

I am glad you heard about the lap band, Dr Aceves is the greatest. When you check out is website again they have info on fiancing, plus they is others on here am sure who financed they band who will be willing to share, this is a very sharing and caring group so you are in good hands. I just had my band last week and it was the greatest thing I ever done for my self, I myself is in health care and give a lot to others but it is a good thing to give to ourselves so we can continue on and care for others

Good luck and God bless you on your journey.

Guest guest

JB,

If you are young and active, the ASR resurfacing device is probably the

best choice

for someone as young and active as you. It has the large head which reduces the

chance of dislocation that can be a danger in the usual THR. (By the was,

u is

one of the best.) The large head MOM THR has exactly the same head dimensions

as

the ASR and is equally resistant to dislocation. It does cut off the head

(ball) of the

femur while the ASR doesn't.

As far as restrictions, for most people there aren't any with a

resurfacing. The USA

masters bronze medalist in karate has 2 resurfaced hips. Dr Dru Dixon has

qualified

for and is running in this year's Iron Man triathlon in Hawaii.

With resurfacing (ASR) there is a window of opportunity, though, so don't

wait too

long if you want one. You are seeing Dr. u now so he could tell you if

you are

running out of time or not.

I had my left hip resurfaced a year ago and am enjoying regaining my

previous

activity levels including mountain climbing and running. The hip appears to be

the

best part of me. Other parts get sore at times.

In short, the large head of the MOM and the ASR is definietly the best

choice for

someone who is likely to work the joint hard.

Best of luck in your choice.

Joe Alvord Eagle River, Alaska

> Hi all, I have a few quick questions with which I'm hoping to get

> some insight on.

> I'm a 45 year old male living in Eastern Ontario, Canada and run a

> farm. I was very interested in the ASR resufacing procedure so I met

> with a Dr. u in Montreal. During that visit he stated that I

> have some bone cysts and MIGHT have not be able to receive the

> resurfacing but rather would receive a MOM THR. I'm concerned about

> what that would mean when working on the farm.

>

> After one is healed what sort of restrictions is one phsyically faced

> when one has a THR.

>

> What's the general feeling about the larger MOM.

>

> Should one wait it out until an operation is 100% needed or should

> one take the chance on the resurfacing knowing that they could end up

> with a THR. ( I can walk for about a mile or so before it really

> hurts but then after a good night sleep the pain is gone. I do have a

> major limp and have only had one or two nights in severe pain. No

> meds. as of yet.

>

> Any advice would be appreciated.

>

> Thanks.

> JB.