RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Katy,

I found the DVD on e-bay...I am bidding on now - can't wait :)

Lynn

Re:

Hello> > > > Lynn,> > > > I really love Chicago, so I am so envious but> HAPPY> > for you to be > > there. I've gone there on business a few times and> > it's a great > > city. When I was there, a woman who was raised in> > Poland was there > > with us, and she wanted to go to the Polish> section> > for dinner. We > > found a place on Milwaukee Ave, I think, and the> > food was great. As > > I was sitting there eating my dinner, a man who> > stood about 7 ft. > > tall came walking in and he had a huge gun> strapped> > to his belt. I > > was terrified, but then I realized he was a plain> > clothes cop!!> > > > Anyway, I went to see The Police last night, at> the> > Meadowlands > > Arena in New Jersey.

I had the best time, and I> must> > say Sting was > > looking mighty fine, and it amazes me that he> still> > hits those high > > notes with no trouble. Must be clean living - I> know> > he's into yoga.> > > > Sis> > > > > > >

>> > > > Sis,> > > > > > > > We get to watch the Cubs play the NY Mets> > tomorrow at Wrigley > > > Field. I hope the weather holds up, they are> > calling for > > > thunderstorms right now. > > > > > > > > Oh how I know what stress from work can do!!> > When I have a > > > stressful day, I come home and crash - - just> feel> > horrible with > > > fatigue. I have had to learn my best not to> stress> > at work... I > > > can't allow myself to stress, so I have slow> down> > and not take > > > things to heart. It is very difficult because I> am> > such a type A > > > perfectionist person. I am sure my raise will> > reflect my new > > > attitude but I really can't

say I care either> way> > : )> > > > > > > > I do hope you feel better soon. I know I am> > going to majorly > > > detox when I get home. It is so hard to follow a> > good diet on > > > vacation, just hard to find good food. > > > > > > > > Hugs, Lynn> > > > > > > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----> === message truncated ===Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new at http://mrd.mail. / try_beta? .intl=ca

Guest guest

Katy ~

I am sorry you had to go thru all that with your CT. I am glad it is behind you now. I have had that before, and it is no fun. It should be revealing. When will they let you know what they find? You are in my prayers !

Love DedeGet a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Guest guest

Katy,

I ordered the DVD of E-bay, I can't wait to get it!

Question on the hot/cold shower. How long for each temp. Do you start cold or hot and do you end cold or hot?

I still need to get the body brush, perhaps this weekend.

Hope you are feeling well.

Hugs, Lynn

Re:

Hello> > > > Lynn,> > > > I really love Chicago, so I am so envious but> HAPPY> > for you to be > > there. I've gone there on business a few times and> > it's a great > > city. When I was there, a woman who was raised in> > Poland was there > > with us, and she wanted to go to the Polish> section> > for dinner. We > > found a place on Milwaukee Ave, I think, and the> > food was great. As > > I was sitting there eating my dinner, a man who> > stood about 7 ft. > > tall came walking in and he had a huge gun> strapped> > to his belt. I > > was terrified, but then I realized he was a plain> > clothes cop!!> > > > Anyway, I went to see The Police last night, at> the> > Meadowlands > > Arena in New Jersey.

I had the best time, and I> must> > say Sting was > > looking mighty fine, and it amazes me that he> still> > hits those high > > notes with no trouble. Must be clean living - I> know> > he's into yoga.> > > > Sis> > > > > > >

>> > > > Sis,> > > > > > > > We get to watch the Cubs play the NY Mets> > tomorrow at Wrigley > > > Field. I hope the weather holds up, they are> > calling for > > > thunderstorms right now. > > > > > > > > Oh how I know what stress from work can do!!> > When I have a > > > stressful day, I come home and crash - - just> feel> > horrible with > > > fatigue. I have had to learn my best not to> stress> > at work... I > > > can't allow myself to stress, so I have slow> down> > and not take > > > things to heart. It is very difficult because I> am> > such a type A > > > perfectionist person. I am sure my raise will> > reflect my new > > > attitude but I really can't

say I care either> way> > : )> > > > > > > > I do hope you feel better soon. I know I am> > going to majorly > > > detox when I get home. It is so hard to follow a> > good diet on > > > vacation, just hard to find good food. > > > > > > > > Hugs, Lynn> > > > > > > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----> === message truncated ===Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new at http://mrd.mail. / try_beta? .intl=ca

Guest guest

Lynn,

I am feeling just gross from my abdominal CT scan this

afternoon. I was at the hospital for hours. They

injected me with some kind of special iodine and I had

to drink a litre of barium solution. There was also a

barium enema involved... I feel poisoned. My lymph

nodes swelled up instantly and I have been nauseous

since. Yuck... Certainly not the worst thing, but

unpleasant. I hope they found what they were looking

for! I prefer the appraoch of the naturopath to this

any day!

I'm glad you got the yoga DVD. I hope you like it!

As for the hot/cold shower... Start hot and then go

cold. My naturopath told me to do 3 mins each. 3

times, but it can make for a very long shower! Just

the shock of the change in temp gets the lymph system

pumping. You can also take a hot bath and follow by a

cold shower.

Sorry to hear that you had another disappointing

experience with an endo...

Katy:)

--- Lynn <spinkscl@...> wrote:

> Katy,

>

> I ordered the DVD of E-bay, I can't wait to get it!

>

> Question on the hot/cold shower. How long for each

> temp. Do you start cold or hot and do you end cold

> or hot?

>

> I still need to get the body brush, perhaps this

> weekend.

>

> Hope you are feeling well.

>

> Hugs, Lynn

>

>

> Re: Hello

> > > >

> > > > Lynn,

> > > >

> > > > We'll be watching that game - or at least my

> > hubby

> > > will (I'll be

> > > at

> > > > a concert). My husband is a huge Mets fan.

> Have

>

=== message truncated ===

Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to

Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.

Guest guest

Lynn,

I am feeling just gross from my abdominal CT scan this

afternoon. I was at the hospital for hours. They

injected me with some kind of special iodine and I had

to drink a litre of barium solution. There was also a

barium enema involved... I feel poisoned. My lymph

nodes swelled up instantly and I have been nauseous

since. Yuck... Certainly not the worst thing, but

unpleasant. I hope they found what they were looking

for! I prefer the appraoch of the naturopath to this

any day!

I'm glad you got the yoga DVD. I hope you like it!

As for the hot/cold shower... Start hot and then go

cold. My naturopath told me to do 3 mins each. 3

times, but it can make for a very long shower! Just

the shock of the change in temp gets the lymph system

pumping. You can also take a hot bath and follow by a

cold shower.

Sorry to hear that you had another disappointing

experience with an endo...

> Katy,

>

> I ordered the DVD of E-bay, I can't wait to get it!

>

> Question on the hot/cold shower. How long for each

> temp. Do you start cold or hot and do you end cold

> or hot?

>

> I still need to get the body brush, perhaps this

> weekend.

>

> Hope you are feeling well.

>

> Hugs, Lynn

>

>

> > > >

> > > > Lynn,

> > > >

> > > > We'll be watching that game - or at least my

> > hubby

> > > will (I'll be

> > > at

> > > > a concert). My husband is a huge Mets fan.

> Have

>

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the

boot with the All-new at http://mrd.mail./try_beta?.intl=ca

Guest guest

Katy, ugh! That sounds horrible! I hate when they inject dyes and stuff in me too. I have had a few x-rays, scans and MRIs which they injected dye and I felt horrible too!! I am so sorry you had to go through this!!

What are they looking for?

I hope you feel better today.

Hugs, Lynn

Re: Hello> > > > > > > > Lynn,> > > > > > > > We'll be watching that game - or at least my> > hubby> > > will (I'll be > > > at > > > > a concert). My husband is a huge Mets fan.> Have> === message truncated ===Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is

at giving junk email the boot with the All-new at http://mrd.mail. / try_beta? .intl=ca

Guest guest

Lynn,

I am feeling much better today. I had to get up about

4 times in the night for the bathroom, so hopefully

that stuff is coming out of my system.

They are looking at my appendix and digestive system

and pelvic organs. I hope after that the situation

will be better understood, but from my experiences I

am not counting on it!

Since I began my naturopathic regimen, my appendix

pain has really subsided. At first I went though a bit

of a herx reaction where I felt worse, but now am

feeling better in general (besides the stuff from

yesterday, that did a number on me).

I am actually getting excited again for my explant! If

I announced all of this publicly, I could probably

throw a party and take donations to raise money. What

an idea! Don't know if I could deal with all of that

attention though...

> Katy, ugh! That sounds horrible! I hate when they

> inject dyes and stuff in me too. I have had a few

> x-rays, scans and MRIs which they injected dye and I

> felt horrible too!! I am so sorry you had to go

> through this!!

>

> What are they looking for?

>

> I hope you feel better today.

>

> Hugs, Lynn

>

>

> > > >

> > > > Lynn,

> > > >

> > > > I really love Chicago, so I am so envious but

> > > HAPPY

> > > > for you to be

> > > > there. I've gone there on business a few times

> > and

> > > > it's a great

> > > > city. When I was there, a woman who was raised

> > in

> > > > Poland was there

> > > > with us, and she wanted to go to the Polish

> > > section

> > > > for dinner. We

> > > > found a place on Milwaukee Ave, I think, and

> the

> > > > food was great. As

> > > > I was sitting there eating my dinner, a man

> who

> > > > stood about 7 ft.

> > > > tall came walking in and he had a huge gun

> > > strapped

> > > > to his belt. I

> > > > was terrified, but then I realized he was a

> > plain

> > > > clothes cop!!

> > > >

> > > > Anyway, I went to see The Police last night,

> at

> > > the

> > > > Meadowlands

>

Guest guest

Dede,

I think it will be about a week before I find out

anything. I will have to go back to see my family Dr

and then wait to consult with the surgeon. Hope that

none of us have to have anymore of those type scans

any time soon!!

--- DGRAHAMA@... wrote:

> Katy ~

> I am sorry you had to go thru all that with your

> CT. I am glad it is

> behind you now. I have had that before, and it is

> no fun. It should be

> revealing. When will they let you know what they

> find? You are in my prayers !

> Love Dede

>

>

>

> ************************************** Get a sneak

> peek of the all-new AOL at

> http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

>

Guest guest

Hi,Thanks so much for this message.  Before I posted, I spent hours reading posts and noticedyou had similar symptoms and had Dr. Huang remove your implants...I don't know that I will even discuss the possibility that my implants are causing my problems withmy doctor.  I think it might be too frustrating when they don't believe it is true.  I know it is the cause.As I told my husband the other day... "I know as sure as I know you are the love of my life, that my implants are the cause of my health problems."What is your ANA now?  Has it changed?I sent photos to Dr Huangs office today.  They will try to tell me what I need after looking at those.I'm just anxious to have them out at this point.It is great that people like you continue to visit the board and offer support to those like myself.On Aug 21, 2007, at 4:02 PM, Lynn wrote:Hello and welcome.  You have come to the right place.  There are many women on this board who have/had both saline and silicone implants.  I am so sorry you are sick.  Many of your symptoms sounds similar to mine.  In December, 06 I started to have joint pains as well.  They were so severe.  I went to a rheumatolgist and an endocrinologist.  First I was told I had Rheumatoid Arthritis but my labs checked out negative.  Then it was Lupus - again, negative.  All they knew was that I had a positive ANA.  In December it was 1:160 and by March it was 1:320.  I never did get a confimation a diagnosis.  By the way, you'll find that most doctor's will not admit that implants cause illness!!  I too started searching the net and was amazed that there were other women who were sick with similar/same symptoms that I was experiencing.  It was bittersweet to know I was not alone!  Dr. Huang removed my implants on 4/13/07.  I had the fat transfers but no lift.  Once you visit Dr. Huang, she'll be able to tell you what you need.  She is so wonderful.  I am 4 months post-op.  I am not 100% but I feel I am getting better daily.  I am much better than I was pre-explant from 12/06-4/13/07.  Within those few months my health went down the drain.  I was 34 and felt like 90.  I had memory loss, brain fog, depression, anxiety, joint and muscles pains and so many other things going wrong.  I really thought I would lose my job and be disabled and without this board and my new sisters - I would have!! Lynn So many questions.... explant scheduledI am new to this group. I have silicone implants not saline but Iwould guess many of the issues about illnesses and explant are the same.How I got here...I had small breasts. After nursing 2 babies, I had small saggybreasts and decided to get implants. This was in Dec 1987. I likedhaving a shape. Decided that I was not one of those with problemswhen issues arose in 1992. I liked having a "shape" but felt theimplants were heavy. Never could find a bra that I didn't constantlytug at to get comfortable.Always had problems with allergies. They seemed to get worse 5 yearsafter my implant surgery. This might not be related to implants...I begin having joint pain and was diagnosed with "arthritis". I had 2knee surgeries and one shoulder surgery. Again, maybe unrelated tomy implants??? I wasn't getting any younger. Because of my jointpain, I began working out in the health club pool. After severalmonths, I developed a serious allergic reaction every time I went inin the pool. It was determined that I now had a "chemicalsensitivity" . My joints continued to have more pain and by last fall,I couldn't walk 1 mile without serious discomfort. I finally went tomy GP. He did blood tests which showed I had a positive ANA and DNA_____? He suspected lupus. Saw a rheumatologist. He can't decide ifI lupus or not... In April, I developed an allergic reaction to myacrylic nails. It was so bad that I lost all my natural nails. (theyare growing back). In June I developed a rash on my arms that wouldnot go away. I still have it even after a 2 week round of prednisome.I was doing some research on my health problems one day and cameacross a site which suggested that there might be a connection betweenautoimmune diseases and breast implants.... Boy was I shocked!! Imust have been living with my head in the sand to not know that 20year old silicone implants are a problem. I have also had othersymptoms that I couldn't explain and have discovered that others havethe same symptoms when they have had problems with implants. So nowI'm here... I have my explant surgery scheduled for Sept 11 with DrHuang in Denver.I have SO many questions that I'm not sure where to start...First:If anyone had similar health problems do they get better after explant? I have scheduled a surgery with Dr. Huang. I'll travel there fromNevada. I have pre op on Monday, Surgery on Tues and plan to go homeon Sat. I got a quote for just explant, or explant and lift, orexplant and fat transfer or... explant fat transfer and lift. Truthis I don't know what I need... how do I decide or know? It is a lotof money but I know I have to do this. I really don't want to be toosaggy so I might need a lift at least? I also would rather only dothis once so maybe I should do all three now if I can get that muchmoney together? I debated about asking for my insurance company to cover this in theevent that I can show they are ruptured. However... I don't want torun the risk of my insurance company denying me coverage in the futurefor any health issues that they might see as a cause of my implants. I also don't want to be denied coverage from a future insurancecompany if I switch. I know I have to have these out asap... my head is spinning.20 years ago my PS told me that these would "last forever". The onlything that could make them rupture is if "my chest were run over by atruck".Sorry about this lengthy message. Thank goodness for this group!Any help or advice is appreciated.

Guest guest

Someday after explant, you can also continue to help women sick with implants too. Knowing that I can help other women makes it easier for me to cope with why I (or any of us) were lied to and have to go through this.

I don't blame you a bit for not wanting to discuss this with your doctor. I have had so many doctors disappoint me and some just freak out about it and then not know how to treat me. Unless you can find a doctor who believes implants cause illness, it probably just isn't worth it.

I had my ANA tested about a month after explant but it wasn't measured in a ratio, so I can't figure out if it went down or not? I know that it is still positive though.

I think it is normal to be anxious. I was super anxious before my explant but Dr. Huang does a wonderful job. The best therapy for me was posting and chatting with the wonderful women on this board.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope we continue to hear from you.

Hugs, Lynn

So many questions.... explant scheduled

I am new to this group. I have silicone implants not saline but Iwould guess many of the issues about illnesses and explant are the same.How I got here...I had small breasts. After nursing 2 babies, I had small saggybreasts and decided to get implants. This was in Dec 1987. I likedhaving a shape. Decided that I was not one of those with problemswhen issues arose in 1992. I liked having a "shape" but felt theimplants were heavy. Never could find a bra that I didn't constantlytug at to get comfortable.Always

had problems with allergies. They seemed to get worse 5 yearsafter my implant surgery. This might not be related to implants...I begin having joint pain and was diagnosed with "arthritis". I had 2knee surgeries and one shoulder surgery. Again, maybe unrelated tomy implants??? I wasn't getting any younger. Because of my jointpain, I began working out in the health club pool. After severalmonths, I developed a serious allergic reaction every time I went inin the pool. It was determined that I now had a "chemicalsensitivity" . My joints continued to have more pain and by last fall,I couldn't walk 1 mile without serious discomfort. I finally went tomy GP. He did blood tests which showed I had a positive ANA and DNA_____? He suspected lupus. Saw a rheumatologist. He can't decide ifI lupus or not... In April, I developed an allergic reaction to myacrylic nails. It was so bad that I lost all my natural nails. (theyare growing back). In June I developed a rash on my arms that wouldnot go away. I still have it even after a 2 week round of prednisome.I was doing some research on my health problems one day and cameacross a site which suggested that there might be a connection betweenautoimmune diseases and breast implants.... Boy was I shocked!! Imust have been living with my head in the sand to not know that 20year old silicone implants are a problem. I have also had othersymptoms that I couldn't explain and have discovered that others havethe same symptoms when they have had problems with implants. So nowI'm here... I have my explant surgery scheduled for Sept 11 with DrHuang in Denver.I have SO many questions that I'm not sure where to start...First:If anyone had similar health problems do they get better after explant? I have scheduled a surgery with Dr. Huang. I'll travel there fromNevada. I have pre op on Monday, Surgery on Tues and plan to go homeon Sat. I got a quote for just explant, or explant and lift, orexplant and fat transfer or... explant fat transfer and lift. Truthis I don't know what I need... how do I decide or know? It is a lotof money but I know I have to do this. I really don't want to be toosaggy so I might need a lift at least? I also would

rather only dothis once so maybe I should do all three now if I can get that muchmoney together? I debated about asking for my insurance company to cover this in theevent that I can show they are ruptured. However... I don't want torun the risk of my insurance company denying me coverage in the

futurefor any health issues that they might see as a cause of my implants. I also don't want to be denied coverage from a future insurancecompany if I switch. I know I have to have these out asap... my head is spinning.20 years ago my PS told me that these would "last forever". The onlything that could make them rupture is if "my chest were run over by atruck".Sorry about this lengthy message. Thank goodness for this group!Any help or advice is appreciated.

Guest guest

Dede, You're all that plus some !!!DGRAHAMA@... wrote: BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED FOR IT IS THEY WHO LET IN THE LIGHT!

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....... It's hard to find a Friend who is: 96%

Funky 97% Sexy 98% Loving 99% Talented and 100% Sweet so...... don't lose me, okay?? Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Building a website is a piece of cake. Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

Guest guest

Hi Everyone. It's . Not sure how my e-mail addy is going to show up.

Just got internet service back after several months. I know I've missed alot.

Hope everyone is alright. Can't wait to see your posts again I've missed all of

you.

Guest guest

Hi, welcome back. wondered what happened ti ya.

>

> Hi Everyone. It's . Not sure how my e-mail addy is going to

show up. Just got internet service back after several months. I know

I've missed alot. Hope everyone is alright. Can't wait to see your

posts again I've missed all of you.

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thank you!

[] Re: Hello

Hi, welcome back. wondered what happened ti ya.

>

>

Recent Activity

a.. 17New Members

b.. 1New Photos

c.. 1New Files

Visit Your Group

Having cancer is hard

Finding help

shouldn´t be.

Healthy Eating

A Group

for families on

how to eat healthy.

Dog Groups

on

Share pictures &

stories about dogs.

Guest guest

You not kidding. hehehe

[] Re: Hello

Welcome back ,there is lots of reading to catch up on. ---

In , " " <vbrk@...> wrote:

Guest guest

You might have Cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder) as suggested by

your symptoms and your doc.

See the following:

http://www.healthmonitor.com/articles.asp?center=Digestion & article=dig060205CS & q\

uery=Pancreatitis & stype= & bold=

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000264.htm

Some info on treatment options (Allopathy):

Treatment

A person with acute or chronic cholecystitis who experiences a

gallbladder attack usually is hospitalized, is given fluids and electrolytes

intravenously, and is not allowed to eat or drink. A doctor may pass a tube

through the nose and into the stomach, so that suctioning can be used to keep

the stomach empty and reduce fluid accumulating in the intestines, which do not

work properly because of the inflammation of the abdominal cavity. Antibiotics

usually are given.

In acute cholecystitis, if the diagnosis is certain and the risk of

surgery is small, the gallbladder usually is removed during the first day or

two of the illness. If necessary, gallbladder removal may be delayed; if the

attack subsides, removal may wait 6 weeks or more. If a complication such as an

abscess, gangrene, or perforation of the gallbladder is suspected, immediate

surgery is necessary.

In chronic cholecystitis, treatment generally involves surgical removal

of the gallbladder, usually by laparoscopic cholecystectomy, once the acute

episode subsides.

In acalculous cholecystitis, immediate surgery is necessary to remove

the diseased gallbladder.

After gallbladder removal for cholecystitis with gallstones, a small

percentage of people develop new or recurring episodes of pain that feel like

gallbladder attacks even though they no longer have a gallbladder. The cause of

these episodes is not known, but episodes may result from an abnormal function

of the sphincter of Oddi, the opening at the base of the bile duct that

controls the release of bile into the small intestine. Pain is believed to

result from increased pressure in the ducts caused by resistance to the flow of

bile or pancreatic secretions. In some people, small gallstones remaining after

surgery may cause pain. A doctor can use endoscopic retrograde

cholangiopancreatography to widen (by cutting) the sphincter of Oddi. This

procedure usually relieves symptoms in people who have a recognizable

abnormality of the sphincter. In many others, the pain is caused by another

problem, such as the irritable bowel syndrome or even peptic ulcer

disease.

Source:http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec10/ch140/ch140c.html

http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic346.htm

Some diet options:

TREATMENT

Identify and avoid food allergies, especially eggs and/or cow's milk

products. Cut down fat in diet, below 20 percent of total foods. Do not,

however, cut out fat completely. Recent studies say that up to half of the

people who try to lose weight by cutting out fat (eating less than six hundred

calories and three grams of fat per day) develop gallstones. Avoid processed

fats and hydrogenated fats. Eat less. Overeating is very stressful on the

gallbladder. Eat regular meals, especially breakfast. It is hard on the

gallbladder to go many hours without food and then suddenly have to deal with a

large meal. Increase dietary fiber and decrease refined carbohydrates. Eat less

animal foods and move toward a vegetarian-oriented diet. If you are overweight,

lose the weight, but slowly and sensibly.

Nutritional supplements that may be helpful include:

Multi-enzymes with bile (bile is contraindicated if ulcers coexist)

Vitamin C

Vitamin B complex

Choline inositol

Alfalfa tablets

Lethicin

Acidophilus

L-taurine

Peppermint oil sipped in water throughout the meal may be helpful when

having symptoms.

Source:http://www.diet-and-health.net/articles.php?cont=cholecystitis

craft_scents <craft_scents@...> wrote:

Hi,

I am new to this board. I just had an ultrsound this morning, they

think it is my gall bladder, and my dr. says i will need it out, he

doesn't even know if that is what it is.. I don't want to have it

removed and he said if you don't you can die.blah blah.. If the gall

bladder is like inflamed or infected is there any way to get rid of

the ifection with out surgery? I don't know what it is yet, but i have

had a lot of pain, it is mainly in my right shoulder and goes into my

back, i haven't been eating much my stomache does hurt. I think this

all started when i went back to eating red meat and ham, I hadn't had

any red meat or pork in like 5 years so i started eating it again and

not easing it back into my diet but just eating it..I would like any

infor if possible. I wuit eating the red meat and am just eating

chicken and turkey like before..

Thanks

Debbie L

---------------------------------

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.

Play Sims Stories at Games.

Guest guest

Good heavens, don't subject yourself to surgery because someone " thinks "

something! Do the GB purges. Stop eating the meat that you just started eating

again. Meat and eggs aggravate GB problems. Give yourself some time. Don't

rush into anything you could regret for the rest of your life.

Amber

Hi,

Thanks

Debbie L

Guest guest

Thanks for the info..Even if they say i have an infection..

Amber <amber@...> wrote:

Good heavens, don't subject yourself to surgery because someone " thinks "

something! Do the GB purges. Stop eating the meat that you just started eating

again. Meat and eggs aggravate GB problems. Give yourself some time. Don't rush

into anything you could regret for the rest of your life.

Amber

Hi,

Thanks

Debbie L

Guest guest

Hi Debbie,

If you have your gallbladder out it will be a big mistake, and dont let

them tell you all will be fine and dandy because it is only beginning of

your problems. IF you have GB problems, then do a flush for it and there

are many herbs to take to help with it too. They dont know for sure but

it is money in their pockets and a life time of misery for you.

Digestive enzymes are great to help with this problem if you will get

them and take with all meals.

You make your own decision and not the dr.

Yes, there are ways to get rid of infection and Echinacea & Goldenseal

are great herbs for infection.

I have had that pain and I know what it feels like but I still have my

gb too.

If you wish to contact me off the group you can and I will talk more to

you on this. I have been there and know all about this pain and stomach

ache.

Blessings,

thekingdom@...

--- In gallstones , " craft_scents " <craft_scents@...>

wrote:

>

> Hi,

> I am new to this board. I just had an ultrsound this morning, they

> think it is my gall bladder, and my dr. says i will need it out, he

> doesn't even know if that is what it is.. I don't want to have it

> removed and he said if you don't you can die.blah blah.. If the gall

> bladder is like inflamed or infected is there any way to get rid of

> the infection with out surgery? I don't know what it is yet, but i

have

> had a lot of pain, it is mainly in my right shoulder and goes into my

> back, i haven't been eating much my stomache does hurt. I think this

> all started when i went back to eating red meat and ham, I hadn't had

> any red meat or pork in like 5 years so i started eating it again and

> not easing it back into my diet but just eating it..I would like any

> infor if possible. I wuit eating the red meat and am just eating

> chicken and turkey like before..

> Thanks

> Debbie L

>

Guest guest

I had this ultrasound done monday and have not heard from my doctor, i don;t

know if that is good or bad, i would of thought i would of heard by now if it

was an emergency wouldn't you?

Debbie

Puneet kumar <kumarpuneet2004@...> wrote:

You might have Cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder) as

suggested by your symptoms and your doc.

See the following:

http://www.healthmonitor.com/articles.asp?center=Digestion & article=dig060205CS & q\

Treatment

A person with acute or chronic cholecystitis who experiences a gallbladder

attack usually is hospitalized, is given fluids and electrolytes intravenously,

and is not allowed to eat or drink. A doctor may pass a tube through the nose

and into the stomach, so that suctioning can be used to keep the stomach empty

and reduce fluid accumulating in the intestines, which do not work properly

because of the inflammation of the abdominal cavity. Antibiotics usually are

given.

In acute cholecystitis, if the diagnosis is certain and the risk of surgery is

small, the gallbladder usually is removed during the first day or two of the

illness. If necessary, gallbladder removal may be delayed; if the attack

subsides, removal may wait 6 weeks or more. If a complication such as an

surgery is necessary.

In chronic cholecystitis, treatment generally involves surgical removal of the

gallbladder, usually by laparoscopic cholecystectomy, once the acute episode

subsides.

In acalculous cholecystitis, immediate surgery is necessary to remove the

diseased gallbladder.

After gallbladder removal for cholecystitis with gallstones, a small percentage

of people develop new or recurring episodes of pain that feel like gallbladder

attacks even though they no longer have a gallbladder. The cause of these

episodes is not known, but episodes may result from an abnormal function of the

sphincter of Oddi, the opening at the base of the bile duct that controls the

release of bile into the small intestine. Pain is believed to result from

increased pressure in the ducts caused by resistance to the flow of bile or

pancreatic secretions. In some people, small gallstones remaining after surgery

may cause pain. A doctor can use endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography

to widen (by cutting) the sphincter of Oddi. This procedure usually relieves

symptoms in people who have a recognizable abnormality of the sphincter. In many

others, the pain is caused by another problem, such as the irritable bowel

syndrome or even peptic ulcer

disease.

Some diet options:

TREATMENT

Identify and avoid food allergies, especially eggs and/or cow's milk products.

Cut down fat in diet, below 20 percent of total foods. Do not, however, cut out

fat completely. Recent studies say that up to half of the people who try to lose

weight by cutting out fat (eating less than six hundred calories and three grams

of fat per day) develop gallstones. Avoid processed fats and hydrogenated fats.

Eat less. Overeating is very stressful on the gallbladder. Eat regular meals,

especially breakfast. It is hard on the gallbladder to go many hours without

food and then suddenly have to deal with a large meal. Increase dietary fiber

and decrease refined carbohydrates. Eat less animal foods and move toward a

vegetarian-oriented diet. If you are overweight, lose the weight, but slowly and

sensibly.

Vitamin C

Vitamin B complex

Choline inositol

Alfalfa tablets

Lethicin

Acidophilus

L-taurine

Peppermint oil sipped in water throughout the meal may be helpful when having

symptoms.

craft_scents <craft_scents@...> wrote: Hi,

Thanks

Debbie L

Guest guest

Can this be fatal this infection if you don't have your gallbladder out? this

concerns me, even though i don't know the test results yet.

Puneet kumar <kumarpuneet2004@...> wrote: You might have

Cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder) as suggested by your symptoms

and your doc.

See the following:

Treatment

given.

surgery is necessary.

subsides.

diseased gallbladder.

After gallbladder removal for cholecystitis with gallstones, a small percentage

of people develop new or recurring episodes of pain that feel like gallbladder

attacks even though they no longer have a gallbladder. The cause of these

episodes is not known, but episodes may result from an abnormal function of the

sphincter of Oddi, the opening at the base of the bile duct that controls the

release of bile into the small intestine. Pain is believed to result from

symptoms in people who have a recognizable abnormality of the sphincter. In many

disease.

Some diet options:

TREATMENT

fat completely. Recent studies say that up to half of the people who try to lose

weight by cutting out fat (eating less than six hundred calories and three grams

vegetarian-oriented diet. If you are overweight, lose the weight, but slowly and

sensibly.

Vitamin C

Vitamin B complex

Choline inositol

Alfalfa tablets

Lethicin

Acidophilus

L-taurine

symptoms.

craft_scents <craft_scents@...> wrote: Hi,

Thanks

Debbie L

Guest guest

The below is the standard in medicine. Maybe not the best option. If you have

an infection it may be very manageable (most) with either antibiotics or anti

microbial herbs. If your doctor suspected infection he would have put you on an

antibiotic immediately. Since you had an ultrasound and they still are not sure

what it is, they are going to want to remove your gallbladder to rule it out.

What then? If there was a major stone it should have shown up. If it was

swollen and infected it should have shown up. Your symptoms are classic

gallbladder and that they happened after bringing red meat and pork back into

the diet, they probably are. But even though the pain may make you think you

are going to die, or at the very least make you wish you would die, you probable

have one of the easier situations to handle through alternative means as

discussed within this group. Again, it is not like a 25mm stone showed up or

the walls are showing abnormally thickened from chronic infection. Any doctor

that tells you " I am not exactly sure what it is. I have done an ultrasound of

your gallbladder and nothing definitive is visible but it might be this or that

so we need to remove your organ or you might die. " is the kind of doctor to run

like hell away from. This is the reason for a second opinion. The unfortunate

thing is you might find a doc with a better grasp of diagnostics but as the

below example shows that the medical community is going to recommend removal

because they consider it to be a non essential organ and removal is the

standard. Like your appendix or your tonsils (adenoids, uterus, ovaries,

breasts, lymph glands, etc.). Hell, lets clear them all out and then you can't

have any problems with any of them. Come to think of it, you really do not need

your intestines either, we can just fit you with a bag... Surgery can be life

saving. Modern medicine excels in this department. It should probably be used

a bit more judiciously... I have probably gotten a bit too graphic for some and

overstepped my bounds a bit, but to illustrate a point. For those of you who do

not know, I see people who have been everywhere, done everything, and come to me

as a last result. I see the results of surgeries that may have been

unnecessary. And I see the results of surgeries that were necessary or the

individual would never have made it to me. There are people in this group who

tried many other alternatives and still decided to have their gallbladder

removed. They made the right decision. They educated themselves, they fully

attempted other avenues, and they made well informed conscious decisions. Bless

them.

Please don't lay on that cold slab with your ass hanging out the back of

those ridiculous gowns, offering yourself up to the medical machine (better to

jump into the volcano) because some idiot who does the imaging available and

still cannot make a definitive opinion tells you you can die if you don't. Seek

and yee shall find...

Always, in all

ways,

-Dave

----- Original Message -----

gallstones <mailto:gallstones >

Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 3:25 AM

Subject: Re: Hello

You might have Cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder) as suggested by

your symptoms and your doc.

See the following:

uery=Pancreatitis & stype= & bold=<http://www.healthmonitor.com/articles.asp?center=\

Digestion & article=dig060205CS & query=Pancreatitis & stype= & bold=>

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000264.htm<http://www.nlmnih.gov\

/medlineplus/ency/article/000264.htm>

Treatment

given.

surgery is necessary.

subsides.

diseased gallbladder.

After gallbladder removal for cholecystitis with gallstones, a small

percentage of people develop new or recurring episodes of pain that feel like

gallbladder attacks even though they no longer have a gallbladder. The cause of

these episodes is not known, but episodes may result from an abnormal function

of the sphincter of Oddi, the opening at the base of the bile duct that controls

the release of bile into the small intestine. Pain is believed to result from

disease.

Source:http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec10/ch140/ch140c.html<http://www.merckcom/mmh\

e/sec10/ch140/ch140c.html>

http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic346.htm<http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic346.\

htm>

Some diet options:

TREATMENT

sensibly.

Vitamin C

Vitamin B complex

Choline inositol

Alfalfa tablets

Lethicin

Acidophilus

L-taurine

symptoms.

Source:http://www.diet-and-health.net/articles.php?cont=cholecystitis<http://www\

..diet-and-health.net/articles.php?cont=cholecystitis>

craft_scents <craft_scents@...<mailto:craft_scents@...>> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Debbie L

Guest guest

A cyst could cause that kind of pain if putting pressure on either nerve or

blood flow but this does not mean that is what is causing the pain. While a

cyst on the liver can be relatively harmless, it is an abnormal mass and would

indicate a predisposition to things like gall stones, fatty lipomas, kidney

stones, etc. If they cannot determine from the ultrasounds and your past

imaging of the cyst that the spot they have found are one and the same, They are

going to want the CT. Good idea. -D

----- Original Message -----

gallstones <mailto:gallstones >

Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 3:48 PM

Subject: Hello

Hello

Well i got my ultrasound test back and my gallbladder is fine, they

did find a spot on my liver and i reminded my doctor that i do have a

cysts on my liver that i have probably had since birth so he was going

to go over the two ultrasounds to see if that is what it is, but i

have alot of pain and right shoulder pain which he said i could have

because of my liver, but would cysts cause pain like that? He wanted

me to get a ct scan but he said he would check the ultrasounds first

so i will call him in the morning..Any take on this?

Debbie