RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

one more thing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ok Sorry about that. I didn't know if you knew what all was going on really. Did you have en-bloc procedure already?

Donna

Guest guest

I can't understand why the manfacturer's and plastic

surgeon's haven't figure out that textured implants

multiply the exposure to silicone hugely! . . . And

that the texture is going to start shedding at some

point . . .

If silicone injections aren't safe, what's safe about

silicone getting loose in our bodies?

I'm glad to hear you're making so much progress. I

know you don't feel like new yet . . . but with your

organs showing progress, it's just a matter of time

before you are feeling much better too!

Hugs,

Rogene

Guest guest

Wow that is awful what these implants do to us. I heard Dr. Feng is a great PS and she knows what she is talking about. God Bless and healthy healing to you.

Donna

Guest guest

Wow that is awful what these implants do to us. I heard Dr. Feng is a great PS and she knows what she is talking about. God Bless and healthy healing to you.

Donna

Guest guest

Donna

Guest guest

Rogene, Here is my understanding. I am sure Marcy will agree with me seeing that she paid extra for textured shell. I was told that textured was good. My PS told me that the textured will prevent capsular contracture. Here is my understanding... since I joined this group. My body was convinced it was "doing it's job" by breaking apart the textures and isolating them throughout my body. Therefore, capsular contracture would not be necessary. So, in turn, my body is reacting to the shell, not contaminants in the implants such as mold and fungus. I know what I am dealing with. Man-made material, not an accident, not a statistic, just plain and simple....unnatural, human developed FAKE esteem. I know that I will possibly have to deal with the consequences of my choice, like I did when I got pregnant at 18. The difference is that this choice is much more severe and

more supported by my community then the previous one. I am more humble now then I have ever been. I know God is shaping me for a greater purpose through this. In fact, I am so convinced that God is in control, that I am grateful I have had to go through this hardship. If I hadn't, I would still be self-centered and arrogant.Rogene S <saxony01@...> wrote: ,I can't understand why the manfacturer's and plasticsurgeon's haven't figure out that textured implantsmultiply the exposure to silicone hugely! . . .

Andthat the texture is going to start shedding at somepoint . . . If silicone injections aren't safe, what's safe aboutsilicone getting loose in our bodies?I'm glad to hear you're making so much progress. Iknow you don't feel like new yet . . . but with yourorgans showing progress, it's just a matter of timebefore you are feeling much better too!Hugs,Rogene __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Donna, That was not my concern. Not to say that it is not a concern with someone else with textured. The most confusing thing about implant related illesses is that they are not consistant with each person. I had a problem with the shell and not with infections, whereas someone else with the same kind, may have mold and not a problem wiht the shell. I was speaking personally, not statistically. BSBanshee1@... wrote: Just because texture shell doesn't mean there is no mold or fungus. I don't agree with that part of the issue, if that is what you think. If you go to www.plastikos.com she explains some about textured implants. Donna __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Yes, I was explanted by Dr. Feng in Feb. It was an en-bloc procedure. The pathology report on my capsules only showed silicone and slight inflammation, not mold or fungus. BSBanshee1@... wrote: , Ok Sorry about that. I didn't know if you knew what all was going on really. Did you have en-bloc procedure already? Donna __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Yes she is..that is what I was looking for. A PS that was not only sensitive to my pain, but supporttive of the idea it was the implants making me sick. I wanted a good surgeon, so my healing and scars would be minimal. BSBanshee1@... wrote: , Wow that is awful what these implants do to us. I heard Dr. Feng is a great PS and she knows what she is talking about. God Bless and healthy healing to

you. Donna __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Did Dr. Feng send you your implants Dr. Blais...or did she send them

to the pathology dept. at an affiliated hospital or elsewhere? I

ask because a ps I have a consult with that is closer to me said he

could send them to pathology and or microbiology at the hospital

Thanks,

> ,

>

> Ok Sorry about that. I didn't know if you knew what all was

going on really. Did you have en-bloc procedure already?

>

> Donna

>

>

>

>

>

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

The inspection that Dr. Blais does far exceeds what

the hospital pathologist will do.

Dr. Melmed told me that his pathologist NEVER saw mold

in a saline implant! ?????????

There are instructions for shipping in the archives.

Rogene

Guest guest

Yes, . . .

The common belief is that textured implants don't

cause contractures . . . I doubt that . . . It may

slow them down.

The problem is that the surface area of anything

textured is much greater . . . . Think of how much

surface is exposed on corduroy, compared with regular

fabric. . . And, the texture does shed particles more

rapidly. . .

I had my silicone gel implants for sixteen years.

They've been out for twelve. If that sticky stuff is

silicone, I'm blown away! . . . It would answer a lot

of questions about why my " good " health is so fragile!

Sometimes I think that, when a doctor finishes medical

school, they lock the door to their brain to keep any

new ideas OUT!

Rogene

Guest guest

, Dr. Feng didn't send my implants to Dr. Blais. I choose not to go through the hassel. Shipping requirements have made it almost impossible to ship and Dr. Feng office wouldn't do it. I could have tried to ship them myself, but them I would have had to drive back to Ohio (7 hours) to pick them back up from the pathologists office. When I called Dr. Blais' office to ask for the shipping and the cost of the the testing and a woman I spoke to near close to denied my shipping my implants to them. She stated that they were extremely behind and they wouldn't get to them for months. Then as she described in detail how to ship them, she kept emphasizing how difficult it would be to get a mail carrier to ship from the United States. I got the inclination that they didn't want to test my implants. I was tired, my symptoms were unbearable, and I guess I gave up too soon. To be

honest, we couldn't afford the expenses with shipping them and having them tested. I was happy with the report I got from Dr. Feng's pathologist. It gave me the information I needed to know it was my implants, and I wasn't going crazy. sedwards41255 <sedwards41255@...> wrote: ,Did Dr. Feng send you your implants Dr. Blais...or did she send them to the pathology dept. at an affiliated hospital or elsewhere? I ask because a ps I have a consult with that is

closer to me said he could send them to pathology and or microbiology at the hospitalThanks,> ,> > Ok Sorry about that. I didn't know if you knew what all was going on really. Did you have en-bloc procedure already?> > Donna > > > > > > > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

It wasn't all Dr. Feng's office . . . Something has

been going on in regards to shipping implants.

Supposedly the shippers are refusing to ship them. . .

I think it's something political. They don't want Dr.

Blais checking them!

Doesn't make sense because they're well packaged and

blood is shipped all the time!

Rogene

Guest guest

I just had mine sent to Dr. Blias, no problems for me having this done. They just asked me do you want them checked by Dr. Blias. I said, Yes and signed a paper and they did the rest for me. So that is really weird to hear that is going on.

Donna

Guest guest

Send me your e-mail address to BSBanshee1@...

Thanks I want to send you that link.

Donna (sorry to change subject I get confused on who e-mail is who's here)

Guest guest

I hear it takes him 2 months for the test results. Have you heard a time on your implants or received anything yet?

Donna

Guest guest

Rogene,

It was explained to me that if you don't send them by Thursday of the week, they can't do it because of the Canada delivery address. I guess implants have to arrive in a timely manner. That is why at Dr. Kolb's office I had to have surgery before Thursday. I don't know if that is the reason. Like if it is Friday they won't make it in time. I guess maybe they have to stay in a refrigerator??????? I don't know, I may call Dr. Kolb's office and ask because know the question has my curiosity going. We will have to get to the bottom of the question you now that for sure.

Donna

Guest guest

Lynda,

It has only been 3 weeks since explant. I have not received even a letter from them? I think he may be very busy due to the dow corning settlement deadline? I am guessing that anyway. I am sure he got them ok at least I hope so. I did call his office and leave a message and no return call. I assume they are far behind due to the dow settlements. I will look into this further and see what I can come up with and let you all now.

Donna

Guest guest

All this surprises me b/c I just paid to have mine shipped to Dr. Blais from Dr. Kolb's office! Knowone said anything to me!

On 6/12/06, Rogene S <saxony01@...> wrote:

,It wasn't all Dr. Feng's office . . . Something hasbeen going on in regards to shipping implants.Supposedly the shippers are refusing to ship them. . .I think it's something political. They don't want Dr.

Blais checking them!Doesn't make sense because they're well packaged andblood is shipped all the time!Rogene

Guest guest

This problem came up a while back . . . We never did

find out what's going on!

Rogene

--- Shoham <resultsbyrachel@...> wrote:

> All this surprises me b/c I just paid to have mine

> shipped to Dr. Blais from

> Dr. Kolb's office! Knowone said anything to me!

>

>

>

>

> On 6/12/06, Rogene S <saxony01@...> wrote:

> >

> > ,

> >

> > It wasn't all Dr. Feng's office . . . Something

> has

> > been going on in regards to shipping implants.

> > Supposedly the shippers are refusing to ship them.

> . .

> > I think it's something political. They don't want

> Dr.

> > Blais checking them!

> >

> > Doesn't make sense because they're well packaged

> and

> > blood is shipped all the time!

> >

> > Rogene

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Rogene,

Can you expand on this a bit? Do you think that the shippers won't

accept them even if we ship them ourselves? Are they stopping it at

the border....not allowing them to enter Canada? Has Dr. Kolb had

problems getting them to him?

>

> ,

>

> It wasn't all Dr. Feng's office . . . Something has

> been going on in regards to shipping implants.

> Supposedly the shippers are refusing to ship them. . .

> I think it's something political. They don't want Dr.

> Blais checking them!

>

> Doesn't make sense because they're well packaged and

> blood is shipped all the time!

>

> Rogene

>

Guest guest

The real problem is that Dr. Blais is so busy that it often takes a

year to get results, so many people are not shipping them to him anymore.

Lynda

At 10:23 PM 6/12/2006, you wrote:

>Rogene,

>Can you expand on this a bit? Do you think that the shippers won't

>accept them even if we ship them ourselves? Are they stopping it at

>the border....not allowing them to enter Canada? Has Dr. Kolb had

>problems getting them to him?

>

>

>

> >

> > ,

> >

> > It wasn't all Dr. Feng's office . . . Something has

> > been going on in regards to shipping implants.

> > Supposedly the shippers are refusing to ship them. . .

> > I think it's something political. They don't want Dr.

> > Blais checking them!

> >

> > Doesn't make sense because they're well packaged and

> > blood is shipped all the time!

> >

> > Rogene

> >

>

>

Guest guest

The conspiracy theory is not terribly believable.... Sorry for not being supportive but I just don't believe that any political force is interfering with getting implants into the US Mail.

Sherry

Re: Re: one more thing

All this surprises me b/c I just paid to have mine shipped to Dr. Blais from Dr. Kolb's office! Knowone said anything to me!

On 6/12/06, Rogene S <saxony01@...> wrote:

,It wasn't all Dr. Feng's office . . . Something hasbeen going on in regards to shipping implants.Supposedly the shippers are refusing to ship them. . .I think it's something political. They don't want Dr. Blais checking them!Doesn't make sense because they're well packaged andblood is shipped all the time!Rogene

Guest guest

Hopefully someone can jump in with a first hand

account. . . One of our ladies wanted to ship her

implants to Dr. Blais, but the people who ship them

wouldn't allow it. FedEx? USPS? I don't know.

You might find out more by calling Dr. Feng's office.

Rogene