RemedySpot.com

Hello All

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Mohinderji,

thank you for your reply and that is great that you are thinking about a camp in

India. it would be a great experience if it happens.

I would like to be considered for a Masgutova center if you all are interested

in having one in India. I have been researching a lot in getting kids trained at

an early age of their life and have been reseaching a lot as well on special

needs kids.

I would like to get things started here. Whenever you people feel like getting

started in India do consider me as one of your options.

regards

>

> I am not aware about the centers, however there are talks about organizing a

Masgutova camp in India next year.

> Regards

>  

> Mohinder Chopra

>

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: AnitaP <anitapandey24@...>

>

> Sent: Mon, October 19, 2009 5:24:14 AM

> Subject: hello all

>

>  

> Can anyone throw some light on the training centers of Mastugova Method

located in India.

>

> or do tell how to get training sitting in India

>

> regards

>

> Anita

>

Hi Anita,

We are currently based out of India , Gurgaon to be precise. Our daughter has undergone the intensive camp conducted by Dr. Masgutova in Singapore last Dec . Subsequently, I have been doing the recommnended home program for her regularly. Dhe has shown steady progress , albeit slow. Lets connect and see how we can take forward this camp in India as well. My email id is : rpradeepti@...

Regards,

Deepti

From: AnitaP <anitapandey24@...> Sent: Friday, 23 October 2009 10:55:11Subject: Re: hello all

Dear Mohinderji, thank you for your reply and that is great that you are thinking about a camp in India. it would be a great experience if it happens.I would like to be considered for a Masgutova center if you all are interested in having one in India. I have been researching a lot in getting kids trained at an early age of their life and have been reseaching a lot as well on special needs kids.I would like to get things started here. Whenever you people feel like getting started in India do consider me as one of your options.regards>> I am not aware about the centers, however there are talks about organizing a Masgutova camp in India next year.>

Regards> > Mohinder Chopra> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: AnitaP <anitapandey24@ ...>> childrenwithchallen gesgroups (DOT) com> Sent: Mon, October 19, 2009 5:24:14 AM> Subject: [childrenwithchalle nges] hello all> > > Can anyone throw some light on the training centers of Mastugova Method located in India. > > or do tell how to get training sitting in India> > regards> > Anita>

New Email names for you!

Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.

Hurry before someone else does!

Hello Deepti,

Its great to know that you are also joining hands in this thought. If the camp happens we certainly shall work together to channalise it and know better about Masgutova methods and its benefits.

If I can ask what is your daughter's special needs. It would be great if you could share.

regards

Anita

From: Pradeep Kumar <rpradeepti@...>Subject: Re: Re: hello all Date: Friday, October 23, 2009, 6:13 AM

Hi Anita,

We are currently based out of India , Gurgaon to be precise. Our daughter has undergone the intensive camp conducted by Dr. Masgutova in Singapore last Dec . Subsequently, I have been doing the recommnended home program for her regularly. Dhe has shown steady progress , albeit slow. Lets connect and see how we can take forward this camp in India as well. My email id is : rpradeepti (DOT) com.sg

Regards,

Deepti

From: AnitaP <anitapandey24>childrenwithchallen gesgroups (DOT) comSent: Friday, 23 October 2009 10:55:11Subject: [childrenwithchalle nges] Re: hello all

Dear Mohinderji, thank you for your reply and that is great that you are thinking about a camp in India. it would be a great experience if it happens.I would like to be considered for a Masgutova center if you all are interested in having one in India. I have been researching a lot in getting kids trained at an early age of their life and have been reseaching a lot as well on special needs kids.I would like to get things started here. Whenever you people feel like getting started in India do consider me as one of your options.regards>> I am not aware about the centers, however there are talks about organizing a

Masgutova camp in India next year.> Regards> > Mohinder Chopra> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: AnitaP <anitapandey24@ ...>> childrenwithchallen gesgroups (DOT) com> Sent: Mon, October 19, 2009 5:24:14 AM> Subject: [childrenwithchalle nges] hello all> > > Can anyone throw some light on the training centers of Mastugova Method located in India. > > or do tell how to get training sitting in India> > regards> > Anita>

New Email names for you! Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.Hurry before someone else does!

• 3 weeks later...

There is a book titled " Hip and Knee Surgery: A Patient's Guide " by

Kennon MD that will give you and your husband a very good guide as to

what to expect. I think the surgeons should give this book to all patients as a

routine part of treatment!

-September

>

> My husband will be having a THR on November 10, just wondering what I can

expect after surgery.

>

• 1 month later...

When you think you can swallow them , is when I stopped crushing them. I use to take about 1/4 a cup of applesauce and some Equal and put my smashed meds in the applesauce with Equal in it and that is how I got them down. Try that and see if that works better for you.

Suzanne

In a message dated 12/27/2009 7:39:44 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, shrlols@... writes:

I am 16 days post-op, was wondering how long to crush pills? The nexium is very bitter?

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

This list of recipes was posted here a long time ago. Does it have the one you're looking for?? It's kind of a long list to scroll through. Good luck :)

Jana DOB 11/19/2009start/now/goal270/225/150Atkins-Type Protein Bars (scroll down for Power Bar recipes)NOTES: 1) A " scoop " of protein powder is generally 1/3 cup 2) Feel free to substitute other artificial sweeteners for those cited, especially in those that are not baked. See my page on Sweeteners for more info on which is best for you and

for a conversions chart. 3) Protein powders are pretty much interchangeable. Keep in mind, though, that carb & protein counts vary by brand and flavor, so your end result may differ from the original recipe.  CHOCOLATE-NUT PROTEIN BARS

1 square unsweetened baker's chocolate 2 Tbl butter 2 Tbl heavy cream 3 pkts Splenda 3 scoops (1 cup) Chocolate Designer Protein (or any other chocolate whey protein) 1 cup chopped nuts

of choice 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut 2 Tbl liquid, any of the following, listed in order of preference:

Sugar Free Syrup (Davinci, Torani), maple syrup, coffee, water Melt

chocolate and butter in micro 1 min; stir until completely melted. Add

Equal and heavy cream and stir until creamy. Add protein powder, peanuts, coconut and stir till mixed pretty well. Add liquid of choice and mix thoroughly. You may have to knead with your hands at this point, as mixture will be very stiff. Line a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap and press in mixture firmly and evenly. Chill till

firm. Cut into bars. (This recipe should yiel 6-8 bars. Approx 5

carbs & /15 grams protein per 1/6 recipe. CHOCOLATE

FUDGE BARS 7 scoops (2 & 1/3 cups) Chocolate Designer Protein powder (122.5 protein;10.5 carbs) 1/2 cup melted butter 4

oz cream cheese (8 protein;4 carbs) 1/2 cup walnuts (10 protein; 5 carbs) Melt butter & cream cheese in microwave and stir until smooth. Mix

in protein powder. Stir until mixed. This will be very thick and hard

to stir. Add chopped walnuts and mix. Put in a greased bread pan. Chill. Cut into 8 pieces. When firm, you can wrap each piece in plastic wrap and store in fridge. Yield: 8 generous bars. Protein per bar: 17.5 Carbs per bar: 2.43 These come out chewy and look like fudge. They don't taste as good as sugar fudge, but the taste is still good. Much cheaper to make than buying Atkins. PROTEIN BARS4 oz cream cheese 1/2 cup butter 1/4 cup sugar-free peanut butter 1/4 cup SF vanilla syrup

1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 tsp coconut extract 1 cup chopped

nuts (optional) 2 cups Optimum Nutrition protein powder (vanilla ice cream flavor) 2 cups Designer Protein powder (vanilla praline flavor) Melt together in microwave: cream cheese, butter, PB. Add

syrup, extracts and nuts to cream

cheese mixture and mix well. Stir or knead in the protein powders. At this point the mixture becomes quite sticky and difficult to mix thoroughly. Press with your hands into a greased 9x13 " baking pan, cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge. Yield: 20 bars Carb

counts: Without nuts: 48 total (16 from fiber)=2.4/bar With nuts: 60 total (28 from fiber)= 3/bar LEMON-BANANA-CRANBERRY

BARS 3 scoops vanilla protein powder 3 tsp baking powder

8 tsp Splenda 4 eggs 1/4 cup of Flax Seed oil (or olive oil) 1/4 cup water 1 cup cranberries 2 tsp vanilla extract 2

tsp lemon extract 2 tsp banana extract Mix together dry ingredients. In separate bowl mix together eggs, oil, and extracts & beat well. Add to dry ingredients to second mixture, combining

well. Add water and cranberries. Should be a wet consistency like a

cake mix. Pour into

pam-sprayed square cake pan. Cook at 325 for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Sometimes may take longer to cook, depending on type of protein powder used. Cut into four squares.

Each square has about 20 grams of protein, 4.13 grams of carbs. Great

meal replacement. FUDGEY-NUTTY BARS2 and 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder 1 oz square unsweetened chocolate 1/2 cup butter 4 oz cream cheese 1 oz chopped almonds 1 tsp vanilla 1 tsp peanut butter 1/4 cup Splenda Melt

butter, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in bowl in microwave.

Mix together very well and then add splenda & vanilla, mixing well again. Add walnuts and protein powder and mix. It will be difficult and messy to mix, you will have to use your hands near the

end to knead it all together, squeezing so that the powder is incorporated into the mixture.

Now place in an 8x8 0r 9x9 baking pan, flatten and refrigerate. When

cooled and hardened, cut into 8 bars. Per bar: 21 grams protein, 3.15 carbs. (This will vary according to the protein powder you use,

I use Optimum Nutrtion as I have found it to be the best and it has

22g protein and 1.5g carbs in each scoop, but no aspartame.) CHOCOLATE PROTEIN BARS 2 squares unsweetened baker's chocolate 4 Tbl butter 4 Tbl heavy cream 1 tsp vanilla extract 6 packets Splenda 6 scoops Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate Protein Powder 1 & 1/2 cups chopped pecans

1 cup dried, unsweetened coconut 1/4 cup flax seeds, measured and then ground 4 Tbl Sugar-free DaVinci syrup (hazelnut is best) Melt

chocolate and butter in microwave. Mix in Splenda, then add cream & vanilla, blending thoroughly. Add the protein powder and mix until powder is completely

incorporated. Mix flax, pecans, and coconut together and pour over chocolate mix. Pour the sugar-free syrup over this and mix together with hands until well-blended. Line a 9 " by 9 " pan with

plastic wrap and firmly press the incredibly sticky stuff into it. Cover

with another layer of plastic wrap and chill. Yield: 12 bars. Each has 8 carbs, 3.6 gr. fiber, 14 gr. protein. FUDGEY

CARAMEL BARS 4 Tbl butter 1.5 Tbl unsweetened cocoa powder 2 Tbl DaVinci Chocolate SF syrup 2 cups Optimum Nutrition

Chocolate Whey Protein 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts Melt butter in large bowl in microwave. Whisk cocoa in well, then SF syrup. Incorporate

protein powder. Add chopped nuts Press into wax-paper-lined 9x9

pan & refrigerate. Caramel consistency, and much better than any of my old fudge recipes. Plus, no wasted calories. High Protein snack or dessert.

Best cold. PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH BARS

2c protein powder (both vanilla & chocolate would work) 1/2

cup of chunky natural peanut butter 1/4 cup melted butter Enough

vanilla Davinci SF syrup to make the consistency of cookie dough. Mix

PB & SF syrup with melted butter. Add protein powder & mix until well-blended. Either refrigerate and eat like cookie dough or bake & cut into PB cookie bars. PB PROTEIN BARS Mix unsweetened peanut butter with vanilla protein powder and sweetner to taste, add some TVP for crunch and a little low-fat cream cheese. Don't have exact amounts but it should look and taste like cookie dough. Mix it up, flatten in pan, chill and slice. You can spread melted low-carb chocolate over these before chilling for an extra treat. (I melt unsweetend chocolate in the micro and mix in some

stevia or splenda) SESAME-ALMOND PROTEIN BARS1/4

cup cream cheese (2 carbs/4 protein) 1/4 cup butter 1/4 cup tahini, from roasted sesame seeds (12 carbs/10 protein/5.6 fiber) 1/4

tsp pure stevia powder 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/4 tsp almond extract 1 1/4 cup Twinlab VegeFuel (isolated soy protein; 0 carbs/200 protein) 1/3 cup Naturade N-R-G vanilla protein powder

(3 carbs/32 protein) 1/2 cup DaVinci SF Vanilla Syrup 2 Tbsp. DaVinci SF Maple Syrup 2 oz finely chopped almonds (12 carbs/12 protein/7 fiber) After melting cream cheese & butter, mix in tahini, stevia, and extracts. Mix in protein powders. Add syrups and mix well. Mix in chopped almonds. May need to add more or less syrup to get texture you like. Place in 9x9 square pan & put in refrigerator until firm. Cut into 12 bars (or size you want). I store mine in freezer and

eat frozen. My co-worker stores in fridge because he likes his softer. These are very flexible. I think you can use whatever kind of protein powder you want, and could use any kind of artificial sweetener

you wanted in greater or lesser degrees, or any flavor of syrup or extract. For example, I've made with DaVinci's macadamia syrup and added chopped roasted macadamia nuts, and with Davinci's butter rum syrup and added roasted pecans. I also made w/ 2/3 VegeFuel and 1/3 Naturade N-R-G, added a higher proportion of vanilla syrup, plus vanilla, coconut, and almond extracts, and a little Stevia powder, and whipped it up, and it was close enough to fudge for my taste. Yield:

2 bars; 2.4 grams carbs per bar (1.4 carbs per bar if subtract fiber) and 21.5 grams protein COFFEE PROTEIN BARS

1/4 cup oil 3/4 cup vanilla whey powder 2 eggs 2

Tbl oat flour 1/4

cup heavy cream 1 Tbl baking powder 1/4 cup hot water 2 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp instant coffee 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips 1/4

cup Splenda 1 tsp liquid sweet n low Dissolve coffee in hot water. Mix oil, eggs, cream, water, Splenda & sweet 'n low together. Mix dry ingredients together and then add to the first mixture. Stir till moistened. Pour into 8 " pan. Tap on counter to settle the bubbles. Sprinkle chips on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 min. Be careful not to overbake. Cut into 16 pieces. Each piece has 3 carbs. PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BARS II2 Tbl SF peanut butter 2 Tbl butter, melted 1/2 tsp liquid artificial sweetener 1/4 cup Splenda 1

scoop Vanilla Praline Designer Whey protein powder Melt peanut butter and butter in microwave or double boiler. Mix in the sweeteners thoroughly. Add protein powder and stir until it forms

a ball. (You may need to use clean hands to aid in the thorough mixing.) Roll up in ball and knead a bit; then separate into even portions, shaping as desired. Refrigerate until firm. Makes 4

bars. Approx 2 carbs per bar. MAPLE VANILLA PROTEIN BARS 4 oz cream cheese 1 stick butter (1/4 lb) 1

cup Twinlab VegeFuel (isolated soy protein powder) 1 cup N-R-G Naturade Vanilla Protein Powder 1/2 cup DaVinci Sugarfree Vanilla Syrup w/Splenda 1/4 cup DaVinci Sugarfree Maple Syrup w/ Splenda 1

tsp. vanilla extract Melt cream cheese and butter (I did it in the microwave). Mix in protein powders. Add syrups and vanilla extract and mix until consistency is like very thick cookie dough (may take more than specified amounts). Put in 9x9 square pan & refrigerate until stiff and cut into 12 bars. Wrap bars individually

and store in freezer. Can either eat

frozen or thawed.  APPLE SPICE PROTEIN BARS3

scoops vanilla protein powder 3 tsp baking powder 8 tsp Splenda

4 eggs 1/4 cup Flax Seed oil (or olive oil) 1/4 cup water 1/2

apple (chopped into tiny pieces) 1 Tbl vanilla extract 2 tsp lemon extract 1 tsp maple extract 1 Tbl cinnamon 1 tsp nutmeg Mix together dry ingredients. In separate bowl mix together eggs, oil, and extracts. Beat well & then add to dry ingredients, mixing well. Add water and apple. Should be a wet consistency like a cake mix. Pour into Pam-sprayed square cake pan. Cook

at 325 for 15-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. May take

longer to cook, depending on consistency of protein powder used. Cut

into nine squares. Approximately 3-5 carbs per bar depending on the

amount/type of fruit, spices, protein powder, etc. SESAME

PROTEIN BARS 2 Tbl butter 4 Tbl sesame tahini OR peanut butter 1 cup sesame seeds (preferably white sesame seeds) 3 pkts

Equal or eqivalent 3 scoops Designer Protein (Vanilla Praline OR Vanilla or any other similar whey protein ) 2 Tbl Sugar Free Torani Syrup (Hazelnut OR Vanilla Or Almond) OR 2 Tbls sugar free maple syrup Melt butter and Tahini or peanut butter in microwave, about 1 minute. Add protein powder, sesame seeds and Equal and mix to combine. Add syrup and mix again. You may have to knead with your hands at this point, as mixture will be VERY stiff. Line the a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap and press mixture evenly and FIRMLY into bottom of pan. Chill until firm. Unmold and cut into 6 bars. 4 grams carb/20 grams protein per bar ALMOND

JOY PROTEIN BARS5 Branacrisp Crackers, crushed 1/2 cup flax seed meal (1/4 cup seeds, ground)

1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped 2 scoops Chocolate Whey Protein Powder 2 scoops Soy Protein Powder 2 Tbl oatmeal 1/4 cup Splenda 20 drops Stevia (or just add any artificial sweetener to taste; start with the equivalent of 2 Tbl & add until sweet enough for you) 2 Tbl unsweetened coconut 1 Tbl unsweetened cocoa powder 1/4 cup cream 1/4 cup water 1/4 cup butter 2

Tbl Low-Carb Maple Syrup or cold coffee 1 tsp coconut extract (optional) 2 tsp almond extract (optional) Crush crackers or whirl in food processor to grind fine, and then combine in bowl with

other dry ingredients. In microwave or on stovetop, melt together cream, water, butter and maple syrup (or cold coffee). Remove from heat and add extracts at this time if using them, then whisk to

make sauce smooth. Pour hot mixture over dry ingredients and mix well. Press into buttered 8x8 " pan with buttered

fingers. Chill and cut. Wrap each bar in Saran or foil and keep in fridge or freezer. Keeping in freezer is no problem as they thaw in about 5 minutes. 9.8 carbs per bar, minus 5.9 fiber for 3.9 net each. 36 Power Bar Recipes and One Sports Drink Fruits, Nuts and Oats Breakfast in Hand- a 40-30-30 zone food

3 cups rolled oats 3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten 1 cup trader joe soy protein 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 3

tablespoons fructose 1/2 cup pecans or sunflower seeds chopped 3

tablespoons canola oil 1/3 cup chopped dried fruit or raisins 1/2

cup water or apple juice 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1/2 cup flour, oat or rice flour; as needed to thicken Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a cookie sheet. Mix everything but the flour, let it

sit a few minutes, then beat with a fork until it begins to thicken. Add enough flour to make a stiff dough. Roll or pat out on the cookie sheet, about 1/4 inch thick, cut 20 pieces. Cut with cookie cutter or roll out a rectangle on a greased cookie sheet and separate into 4x5 rectangles for 20 biscuits or bars. Bake 12 minutes. The

apple juice adds additional carbs, but nice flavor, and some folks enjoy a little cinnamon. If you are NOT

vegetarian, you can beat in some eggs and reduce the water or apple juice for a little better texture and protein. Bank

Balls

24 dried figs 1/3 cup honey 4 tbsp. orange juice 2 tbsp. lemon juice 1 tsp. lemon juice 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour 1/2

tsp. baking soda 1/4 tsp. baking powder 1 tbsp. canola oil 1/4

cup dark corn syrup 2 egg whites 1 cup oat bran 1-2 cups vanilla whey powder or soy protein powder DIRECTIONSAdd figs, honey, orange juice, and 2 tbsp. lemon juice to food processor and mix on " chop " setting until fig bits are finely cut. Set aside. Put all other ingredients (except oat bran) in mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer for 3-4 minutes at medium speed. If using the whey/protein powder,

reduce flour by 1/2 cup. Add fig mixture and beat until everything blends. Roll 20-24 balls (about golf ball size)and coat with oat bran poured on a plate. Place balls on pan and bake at 350° for 10 minutes, or until they are warm and a bit puffy. Place in refrigerator to harden. For a crunchier texture, bake 2-5

minutes longer, or until dough is thoroughly cooked. You can substitute dates for figs, and this lowers potassium. To increase protein in this recipe so it can be used for a breakfast bar, take out 1

cup flour and add 1/2 cup soy protein isolate, 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ and 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten; bake the higher protein ball the extra 2-5 minutes to cook the gluten. Chocolate Cake/ Muffin/ Bar (no flour)2/3 cup 100% soy protein isolate 3 tablespoon cocoa 3

large eggs 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 cup vegetable oil 2

tablespoon fructose 1 tablespoon peanut butter; melted with oil Preheat

oven to 350 degrees. Stir together all the dry ingredients. Beat

together all the wet ingredients. Stir into the dry ingredients with a fork until blended smooth, adding enough water to get a thick pasty consistency. Spread in a sprayed loaf pan or four muffin tins (fill the remainder with water to prevent

warping the pan. Bake approximately 15 minutes. Cut 4 bars Homestyle Bike Snack Bar1/4 cup butter, melted,

or oil 4 large eggs; beaten 1 cup flour 1/2 teaspoon baking

powder 1/2 cup nonfat milk powder 3/4 cup rolled oats 1 teaspoon salt 1 3/4 cup sugar or brown sugar 2 cups raisins or dried fruit and chopped 2 1/2 cups walnuts; chopped 3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan. Beat together eggs and oil, sift together dry ingredients except fruit. Add flour to eggs, combine, then stir in fruit, nuts, and chips. Spread evenly in pan, bake 30 minutes, they are still soft when done. Cool, cut into 24 pieces, wrap in foil and freeze. Getting Even Energy Bars1/2 cup oil substitute,

fruit based, or 3/4 cup smashed banana 1 cup fructose 2 tablespoon Molasses 4 large egg

whites or 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 cup cocoa; optional 2 cups 10 grain cereal; ground in blender 2 cups flour,

unbleached 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking powder 2 cups chocolate chips; optional 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts; optional Makes

12 2 ounce bars. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a 9 inch by 13

inch pan. Mix all the dry ingredients except the add-ins. Cream the

oil substitute, molasses and sugar, ad the vanilla. Mix with a beater- it gets very thick and sticky. Stir in the add ins. Spread evenly in the pan, bake 25-30 minutes. Cut while still warm. Power Bars-no bake1/2 cup honey or molasses 1/2

cup peanut butter, or cashew or almond 1 cup nonfat milk powder, non-instant 1 cup raisins/dried fruit or chocolate ch; optional 1/2

cup shredded coconut; optional Knead all the ingredients together, adding enough milk powder to

form a stiff but not crumbly dough. Shape into 1 inch by 3 inch logs. Roll in optional coconut or confectioner's sugar. Chill. Energy Bar-Fruit-filled1 cup raisins 1 cup dried blueberries 2 cups chopped dates 2 cups chopped dried apples 2 cups chopped dried apricots 2 cups chopped dried prunes

8 oz almond or peanut butter 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 8 cups

rolled oats 12 oz pancake mix (complete)(3 cups) 16 oz honey Preheat

oven to 375 degrees. Grease a large cookie sheet. Knead together all the fruit and the nut butter. Knead in sunflower seeds, rolled oats, and pancake mix. Add honey and knead until blended. Press out onto tin 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick and as even as possible. Using a table knife, press the bar lines into the sheet. Bake about 20 minutes until top is light brown. Freeze very well if individally wrapped and then put in a ziplock. if

needed boost the protein with 1-2 cups of vanilla protein powder or dried milk. Chocolate-dipped Deluxe Overnight No-Bake Power Bar1 cup rolled oats 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted and ground 1/2 cup dried apricots; chopped fine 1/2 cup raisins; chopped fine 1 cup shredded unsweetened dried coconut 1

cup almonds; blanched, chopped or sliv 1/2 cup nonfat dried milk powder 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ 2 teaspoon butter or margarine

1 cup white corn syrup or 3/4 cup honey 3/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter 1 teaspoon orange or lemon extract 2 teaspoon grated orange or lemon peel 12 oz chocolate chips; 2 cups 4

oz paraffin, food grade or 3/4 cup butter Toast the sesame seeds in

a frying pan for about 7 minutes, until golden,Ellen's note- then grind

coarsely. Toast the oats in a 300 degree oven in a 10 inch by 15 inch baking pan for 25 minutes, stirring

to prevent scorching. Mix the seeds, apricots, raisins, coconut, almonds, dry milk, and wheat germ; mix well. Mix hot oats into dried fruit mixture. Butter the hot baking pan; set aside. In the frying pan, combine corn syrup or honey and sugar; bring to a rolling boil over medium high heat and quickly stir in the peanut butter, orange

extract, and orange peel. At once, pour over the oatmeal mixture and mix well. Quickly spread in buttered pan and press into an even layer. Then cover and chill until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight. DIPPING

FOR CHOCOLATE COATING Cut into bars about 1 1/4 by 2 1/2 inches. Combine

chocolate chips and paraffin in to top of a double boiler. Place over simmering water until melted; stir often. Turn heat to low. Using tongs, dip 1 bar at a time into chocolate, hold over pan until it stops dripping , then place on wire racks set above waxed paper. With paraffin, the coating firms very

quickly, bars with butter in the chocolate coating may need to be chilled. When firm and cool), serve bars, or wrap individually in foil. Store in the refrigerator up to 4 weeks; freeze to store longer. Makes

about 4 dozen bars, about 1 ounce each. Per piece: 188 cal.; 4.4 g protein; 29 g carbo.; 9.8 g fat; 0.6 mg chol.; 40 mg sodium. Bars of

Iron1 cup raisins 1/2 cup golden raisins 1/3 cup butter or margarine 1/2 cup sugar 1 large egg 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ 1/2 cup blackstrap molasses 1

cup dried nonfat milk 1 cup almonds; sliced 1 cup quick cooking

oats 1/2 cup nonfat milk 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon baking powder Bakes at 350 degrees for approx. 30 minutes. Butter/grease a 9

inch by 13 inch pan. Chop raisins (using a food processor if possible). Cream butter, sugar, molasses and

egg. Combine flour, dry milk, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ginger. Blend flour into creamed mixture with liquid milk. Stir in oats, raisins, and half the almonds (if desired). Pour

into greased 13x9x2 inch pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining almonds (if desired). Cool in pan and cut into 1x4 inch bars, or 24-30 pieces. Energy Bars- Unbaked1 cup rolled oats 1/2

cup wheat germ 1/2 cup oat bran 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder 1

cup crunchy peanut butter 1 cup raisins or dried fruit and chopped 1

cup chocolate chips 1 cup light Karo syrup Mix it all well.Freeze in bar shapes. Protein Bar Recipe3

1/2 cups rolled oats 1 1/2 cups dried milk 1 tablespoon cinnamon 1 cup lite syrup 2 scoops protein powder 2 large egg whites or 1 egg 11/4 cup orange juice 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup raisins or dried

fruit and chopped Line cookie sheet with waxed paper and preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Spread onto sheet, press cutting lines in to make 10 pieces. Bake 15 minutes untill golden brown, cut apart, then cool and wrap. Store airtight at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.Emergency

Ration

3 cups rolled oats, barley, or wheat 2 1/2 cups nonfat milk powder 1/2 package jello powder, citrus 1 cup sugar 2 tablespoon honey 3 tablespoon water Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Heat together water and honey, stir in jello powder. Stir dry ingredients together, stir in jello water, mix well. Then add additional

water 1 tablespoon at a time, just until mixture can be formed into two

bars. Dry in oven, wrap in foil to store. Each bar is 1000 calories. May be eaten as is, or cooked in a pint of water.Another Fruit Power Bar24 dried figs1/3 cup honey4 Tbsp orange juice2

Tbsp lemon juice2 1/2 cups unbleached flour1/2 tsp baking soda1/4

tsp baking powder1 Tbsp canola oil1/4 cup dark corn syrup2 egg whites (I use egg substitute)1 cup oat branInstructions: mix

figs, honey, OJ and lemon juice in a food processor. Mix all other ingredients seperately (except oat bran).

Combine 2 mixtures, roll into golf ball sized balls (makes 20-24), coat with oat bran, and bake at 350 deg for 10-15 minutes. Store finished product in the refrigerator.HOMEMADE 40/30/30 bar.3.5 Tbsp of Joe Weider's 90% Plus Protein Mix (I use Chocolate Malt Flavored)2 Tbsp Peanut Butter (I use a brand that has only peanuts and salt as the ingredients)3 Tbsp Light Corn Syrup (Karo)Mix ingredients together in a bowl. You will end up with something with the consistency of Play-Dough. If it seems wet, add a little more of the Protein mix.You

could easily replace the soy milk powder with the cow equivalent, but then you'd definitely have to include some maltodextrin (my soy drink already has some in it). I plan to replace about half the honey with maltodextrin when I find a local source. If you prefer cocoa to carob, you can easily substitute.C = 250 ml cup, T = 15 ml tablespoonPowerbars

Recipe With reward to the cyclist

and their need for " power snacking " The odd ingredient in the bar, paraffin, is widely used in chocolate manufacture to improve smoothness and flowability, raise the melting point, and retard deterioration of texture and flavor. Butter can be used instead, but a butter-chocolate mixture doesn't cover as thinly or smoothly.POWER

BARS1 cup regular rolled oats1/2 cup sesame seed1 1/2 cups dried apricots, finely chopped1 1/2 cups raisins1 cup shredded unsweetened dry coconut1 cup blanched almonds, chopped1/2

cup nonfat dry milk1/2 cup toasted wheat germ2 teaspoons butter

or margarine1 cup light corn syrup3/4 cup sugar1 1/4 cups chunk-style peanut butter1 teaspoon orange extract2 teaspoons grated orange peel1 package (12 oz.) or 2 cups semisweet chocolate baking chips4 ounces paraffin or 3/4 cup (3/4 lb.) butter or margarineSpread oats in a 10- by 15-inch

baking pan. Bake in a 300 degree oven until oats are toasted, about 25 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent scorching.Meanwhile, place sesame seed in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat. Shake often

or stir until seeds are golden, about 7 minutes.Pour into a large bowl. Add apricots, raisins, coconut, almonds, dry milk, and wheat germ;

mix well. Mix hot oats into dried fruit mixture.Butter the hot backing pan; set aside.In the frying pan, combine corn syrup and sugar; bring to a rolling boil over medium high heat and quickly stir in

the peanut butter, orange extract, and orange peel.At once, pour over the oatmeal mixture and mix well. Quickly spread in buttered pan an

press into an even layer. Then cover and chill until firm, at least 4 hours or until next day.Cut into bars about 1 1/4 by 2 1/2 inches.Combine

chocolate chips and paraffin in to top of a double boiler. Place over simmering water until melted; stir

often. Turn heat to low.Using tongs, dip 1 bar at a time into chocolate, hold over pan until it stops dripping (with paraffin, the coating firms very quickly), then place on wire racks set above waxed paper.When firm and cool (bars with butter in the chocolate coating may need to be chilled), serve bars, or wrap individually in foil. Store

in the refrigerator up to 4 weeks; freeze to store longer. Makes about 4

dozen bars, about 1 ounce each.Per piece: 188 cal.; 4.4 g protein; 29 g carbo.; 9.8 g fat; 0.6 mg chol.; 40 mg sodiumBARS

OF IRON 1 Cup dark raisins 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder1/2

Cup golden raisins 1/2 teaspoon baking soda1/3 Cup butter or Margarine 1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 Cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger1

egg 1/2 Cup liquid milk1 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour 1 Cup quick cooking oats1/4 Cup toasted wheat germ 1 Cup sliced almonds (optional)1/2 Cup golden molasses (dark is ok

also)1/2 Cup Nonfat dry milkChop raisins (in food processor if possible). Cream butter, sugar, molasses & egg.Combine flour, dry milk, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ginger. Blend

into creamed mixture with liquid milk. Stir in oats, raisins, and half the almonds (if desired).Pour into greased 13x9x2 inch pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining almonds (if desired).Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 30 minutes. Cool in pan and cut into 1x4 inch bars.Protein Bars1 7 scoops of Designer Protein (GNC) 1/2

cup melted butter 4 oz. cream cheese 1/2 cup walnuts 1/4 cup Splenda (or whatever amount you like according to your taste)

I have used chocolate, vanilla and strawberry protein powder.. With the strawberry I like to add a little unsweetened coconut.

Soft the butter and cream cheese together...and mix. Add in the protein powder, and Splenda....stir in your nuts, sunflower seeds, coconut or whatever else you're using. The batter will be pretty stiff. Spread a pan (I use a bread pan), press in mixture. If necessary spray your hands.

Chill in the frig and then cut into bars. I sometimes sort them individually frozen in a zip-loc bag, and then I can just grab one to take to work.

Play with these ingredients and I'm sure you'll come up with something you really like. Pretty simple...taste better than any of the bars I've tried...and a lot cheaper.Homemade Low-Carb Chocolate BarsThese

are quite rich and creamy chocolate bars that melt in your mouth. No glycerine or maltitol, not hidden carbs. Ingredients: 1 square bakers unsweetened chocolate 3 tbsp whey protein 3 tbsp soy protein 1 tbsp psyllium husks 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut or almond meal 1 tbsp SugarTwin brown sugar 1 tbsp Splenda 5 drops Stevia 1/4 cup whipping cream 1 tbsp peanut butter 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 tsp mint extract (optional) 1/4 cup crushed pecans (optional) In a microwave-safe plastic dish, microwave the chocolate square for 1 minute on high. It should almost melted or half-way through. Add peanut butter on top and microwave for 1

minute on high. Add cream and microwave for 1.5 minutes on

high (make sure the cream starts boiling, it has to be hot, or the bars will become powdery).

Sprinkle the psyllium husks first on the hot mixture, this helps solidify the bars. Add the rest of the ingredients on top. Use a hand mixer to mix the entire mixture until uniform. This will be a hard mixture and may get stuck inside the mixers, just sccop it up with a spoon. Use a square none-stick plastic plate (I use the top of a ziplioc disposable cover), about 5x5 inches, but any non-stick surface should do. Spread the mixture on top of it, and press with the bottom of

a spoon to make it evenly spread. Freeze for an hour, and then place in the fridge until ready to use. I cut it into 4 bars.

Note: If you don't have all the above sweeteners, use any sweetener you have to taste. Mixing different sweeteners intensifies the sweetening effect, and requires a lesser amount of the sweetner.Protein

Bars2 1 square unsweetened baker's chocolate 2 Tbls. butter

2 Tbls. heavy cream 3 pkts Equal (I used Splenda) 3 scoops (1 cup) Chocolate Designer Protein (or any other chocolate whey protein)

1 cup chopped peanuts (I used 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans) 1/2 cup

unsweetened coconut 2 Tbls. Sugar Free Torani Syrup or maple syrup (or water, in a pinch...) --I used the maple syrup, as that, our market had! Melt choc and butter in mike 1 min; stir until completely melted. Add Equal and heavy cream and stir til creamy. Add protein powder, peanuts, coconut and stir till mixed pretty well, add syrup (or water), and mix thoroughly(you may have to knead with your hands at this

point, as mixture will be very stiff). Line a

bread loaf pan with plastic wrap and press in mixture firmly and evenly.

Chill till firm. Cut into 6 bars. These were huge, so I made it into 9 bars.  LEMON-BANANA-CRANBERRY BARS

3 scoops vanilla protein powder 3 tsp baking powder 8 tsp Splenda 4 eggs 1/4 cup of Flax Seed oil (or olive oil) 1/4 cup water 1 cup cranberries 2 tsp vanilla extract 2 tsp lemon extract 2 tsp banana extract

Mix together dry ingredients. In separate bowl mix together eggs,

oil, and extracts & beat well. Add to dry ingredients to second

mixture, combining well. Add water and cranberries. Should be a wet

consistency like a cake mix. Pour into pam-sprayed square cake pan.

Cook at 325 for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Sometimes may take longer to cook, depending on type of protein powder used. Cut into four squares. Each square has about 20 grams of protein, 4.13 grams of carbs. FUDGEY-NUTTY BARS

2 and 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder 1 oz square unsweetened chocolate 1/2 cup butter 4 oz cream cheese 1 oz chopped almonds 1 tsp vanilla 1 tsp peanut butter 1/4 cup Splenda

Melt butter, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in bowl in microwave. Mix together very well and then add splenda & vanilla, mixing well again. Add walnuts and protein powder and mix. It will be difficult and messy to mix, you will have to use your hands near the end to knead it all together, squeezing so that the powder is incorporated into the mixture. Now place in an 8x8 0r 9x9 baking pan, flatten and refrigerate. When cooled and hardened, cut into 8 bars. Per bar: 21 grams protein, 3.15 carbs. (This will vary according to the protein powder you use, I use Optimum Nutrtion as I have found it

to be the best and it has 22g protein and 1.5g carbs in each scoop, but

no aspartame.) FUDGEY CARAMEL BARS

4 Tbl butter 1.5 Tbl unsweetened cocoa powder 2 Tbl DaVinci Chocolate Sugar Free syrup 2 cups Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Whey Protein 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts

Melt butter in large bowl in microwave. Whisk cocoa in well, then

SF syrup. Incorporate protein powder. Add chopped nuts Press

into wax-paper-lined 9x9 pan & refrigerate. Caramel consistency, and much better than any of my old fudge recipes. Plus, no wasted calories. High Protein snack or dessert. Best cold. PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH BARS

2 c protein powder (both vanilla & chocolate would work) 1/2 cup of chunky natural peanut butter 1/4 cup melted butter Enough

vanilla Davinci SF syrup to make the consistency of cookie dough.

Mix Peanut Butter & SF syrup with melted butter. Add protein powder & mix until well-blended. Either refrigerate and eat like

cookie dough or bake & cut into PB cookie bars. I think that lowcarb maple syrup would work as well as Davinci for these.

Sesame Protein Bars 1/4 cup cream cheese 1/4

cup butter 1/4 cup tahini, from roasted sesame seeds 1/4 tsp pure stevia powder 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/4 tsp almond extract 1

1/4 cup Twinlab VegeFuel (isolated soy protein) 1/3 cup Naturade N-R-G vanilla protein powder 1/2 cup DaVinci SF Vanilla Syrup 2 Tbsp. DaVinci SF Maple Syrup 2 oz finely chopped almonds

After melting cream cheese & butter, mix in tahini, stevia, and extracts. Mix in protein powders. Add syrups and mix well. Mix

in chopped almonds. May need to add more or less syrup to get texture you like. Place in 9x9 square pan & put in refrigerator until firm. Cut into 12 bars (or size you want). I store mine in

freezer and eat frozen. My co-worker stores in fridge because he likes his softer.

These are very flexible. I think you can use whatever kind of protein

powder you want, and could use any kind of artificial sweetener you wanted in greater or lesser degrees, or any flavor of syrup or extract. For example, I've made with DaVinci's macadamia syrup and added chopped roasted macadamia nuts, and with Davinci's butter rum syrup and added roasted pecans. I also made w/ 2/3 VegeFuel and 1/3 Naturade N-R-G, added a higher proportion of vanilla syrup, plus vanilla, coconut, and almond extracts, and a little Stevia powder, and whipped it up, and it was close enough to fudge for my taste.

Yield: 2 bars; 2.4 grams carbs per bar (1.4 carbs per bar if subtract

fiber) and 21.5 grams protein COFFEE PROTEIN BARS

1/4 cup oil 3/4 cup vanilla whey powder 2 eggs 2 Tbl oat flour 1/4 cup heavy cream 1 Tbl baking powder 1/4 cup hot water 2 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp instant coffee 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips 1/4 cup Splenda 1 tsp liquid sweet n low

Dissolve coffee in hot water. Mix oil, eggs, cream, water, Splenda & sweet 'n low together. Mix dry ingredients together and then add to the first mixture. Stir till moistened. Pour into 8 "

pan. Tap on counter to settle the bubbles. Sprinkle chips on top. Bake

at 375 degrees for 12-15 min. Be careful not to overbake. Cut into 16 pieces. Each piece has 3 carbs.

MAPLE VANILLA PROTEIN BARS 4 oz cream cheese 1 stick butter (1/4 lb) 1 cup Twinlab VegeFuel (isolated soy protein powder) 1 cup N-R-G Naturade Vanilla Protein Powder 1/2

cup DaVinci Sugarfree Vanilla Syrup 1/4 cup DaVinci Sugarfree Maple

Syrup 1 tsp. vanilla extract

Melt cream cheese and butter (I did it in the microwave). Mix in protein powders. Add syrups and vanilla extract and mix until consistency is like very thick cookie dough (may take more than specified amounts). Put in 9x9 square pan & refrigerate until stiff and cut into 12 bars. Wrap bars individually and store in freezer.

Can either eat frozen or thawed.

APPLE SPICE PROTEIN BARS 3 scoops vanilla protein powder 3 tsp baking powder 8 tsp Splenda 4 eggs 1/4

cup Flax Seed oil (or olive oil) 1/4 cup water 1/2 apple (chopped into tiny pieces) 1 Tbl vanilla extract 2 tsp lemon extract 1 tsp maple extract 1 Tbl cinnamon 1 tsp nutmeg

Mix together dry ingredients. In separate bowl mix together eggs,

oil, and extracts. Beat well & then add to dry ingredients, mixing well. Add water and apple. Should be a wet consistency like a cake mix. Pour into Pam-sprayed square cake pan. Cook at 325 for

15-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. May take longer to cook, depending on consistency of protein powder used. Cut into nine

squares. Approximately 3-5 carbs per bar depending on the amount/type of fruit, spices, protein powder, etc.

SESAME PROTEIN BARS II These don't need refrigeration and THEY DON'T MELT IN YOUR PURSE!

2 Tbl butter 4 Tbl sesame tahini OR peanut butter 1 cup sesame seeds (preferably white sesame seeds) 3 pkts Equal or eqivalent 3 scoops Designer Protein (Vanilla Praline OR Vanilla or any other similar whey protein ) 2 Tbl Sugar Free Torani Syrup (Hazelnut OR Vanilla Or Almond) OR 2 Tbls sugar free maple syrup

Melt butter and Tahini or peanut butter in microwave, about 1 minute.

Add protein powder, sesame seeds and Equal and mix to combine. Add

syrup and mix again. You may have to knead with your hands at this point, as mixture will be VERY stiff. Line the a bread loaf pan with

plastic wrap and press mixture evenly and FIRMLY into bottom of pan. Chill until firm. Unmold and cut into 6 bars.

4 grams carb/20 grams protein per bar

ALMOND JOY PROTEIN BARS 5 Branacrisp Crackers, crushed 1/2 cup flax seed meal (1/4 cup seeds, ground) 1

cup walnuts, coarsely chopped 2 scoops Chocolate Whey Protein Powder 2 scoops Soy Protein Powder 2 Tbl oatmeal 1/4 cup Splenda 20 drops Stevia (or just add any artificial sweetener to taste; start with the equivalent of 2 Tbl & add until sweet enough for you) 2 Tbl unsweetened coconut 1 Tbl unsweetened cocoa powder 1/4 cup cream 1/4 cup water 1/4 cup butter 2 Tbl Low-Carb Maple Syrup or cold coffee 1 tsp coconut extract (optional)

2 tsp almond extract (optional)

Crush crackers or whirl in food processor to grind fine, and then combine in bowl with other dry ingredients. In microwave or on stovetop, melt together cream, water, butter and maple syrup (or cold coffee). Remove from heat and add extracts at this time if using them, then whisk to make sauce smooth. Pour hot mixture over dry ingredients and mix well. Press into buttered 8x8 " pan with buttered

fingers. Chill and cut. Wrap each bar in Saran or foil and keep in fridge or freezer. Keeping in freezer is no problem as they thaw in about 5 minutes.

9.8 carbs per bar, minus 5.9 fiber for 3.9 net each.

CHOCOLATE PROTEIN BARS 2 squares unsweetened baker's chocolate 4 Tbl butter 4 Tbl heavy cream 1

tsp vanilla extract 6 packets Splenda 6 scoops Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate Protein Powder 1 & 1/2 cups chopped pecans 1 cup dried, unsweetened coconut 1/4 cup flax seeds, measured and then ground 4 Tbl Sugar-free DaVinci syrup (hazelnut is best)

Melt chocolate and butter in microwave. Mix in Splenda, then add cream & vanilla, blending thoroughly. Add the protein powder and

mix until powder is completely incorporated. Mix flax, pecans, and coconut together and pour over chocolate mix. Pour the sugar-free syrup over this and mix together with hands until well-blended. Line

a 9 " by 9 " pan with plastic wrap and firmly press the incredibly sticky

stuff into it. Cover with another layer of plastic wrap and chill. Yield:

12 bars. Each has 8 carbs, 3.6 gr. fiber, 14 gr. protein. Peanut Protein Bars2 tablespoons no-sugar peanut butter 2 tablespoons butter, melted 1/2 teaspoon liquid artificial sweetener 1/4 cup Splenda 1 scoop Vanilla Praline Designer Whey protein powder* Melt

peanut butter and butter in microwave or double boiler. Mix in the sweeteners thoroughly. Add protein powder and stir until it forms a ball. (You may need to use clean

hands to aid in the thorough mixing.) Roll up in ball and knead a bit; then separate into even portions, shaping as desired. Refrigerate until firm.

Makes 4 bars. Approx 2 carbs per bar.

Note: It's best to use the " scoop " that comes with the package, but in case it's lost (or you use another brand), this is approx. 1/3 of a cup (I have made this measuring at 1/3 cup and it works fine!)Nutty Fudge Bars2 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder 1 oz square unsweetened chocolate 1/2 cup butter 4 oz cream cheese 1 oz chopped walnuts 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 teaspoon peanut butter 1/4

cup Splenda Melt butter, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in bowl in microwave and mix together very well. Add splenda and vanilla, mix well again. Now add walnuts and protein powder and mix. It will be difficult and messy to mix, you will have to use your hands near

the end to knead it all together, squeezing so that the powder disolves

into the mixture. Now place in a baking pan, flatten and refrigerate. (Using a rectangular casserole dish works great here.) When cooled and hardened, cut into 8 bars.

Makes 8 bars. Approx 3.2 carbs per bar. Fudge Walnut Bars2 1/3 cups chocolate protein powder 1/2 cup butter 4 oz cream cheese 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 1/4 cup Splenda Melt butter and cream cheese. Mix in designer protein and Splenda. This will be stiff and hard to stir (knead with clean hands if needed.) Add walnuts and mix again. Place in greased bread pan. (Sprinkle additional finely chopped walnuts on top if you like.) Cool. Cut into 8 servings.

Makes 8 bars. Approx 2.5 carbs per bar. PINEAPPLE

BARS1 1/2 cups soy protein isolate 3 Tablespoons whey protein 1 cup Splenda 1 1/2 Tablespoons liquid or granular lecithin * 1 1/2 Tablespoons glycerin 3/4 cup heavy cream3 Tablespoons coconut or almond oil 1 Tablespoon sugarfree pineapple preservesOR - 2 Tablespoons finely chopped unsweetened fresh pineapple 1/2 teaspoon pineapple extract Preheat oven to 350°F.Combine

soy, whey and Splenda in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients. Pulse on high until a soft dough forms. Remove dough and knead by hand for twenty-ish strokes. Press into an 8x5-inch pan and bake at 350°F for

10 minutes. Remove from pan and cut into bars while still hot. Allow to

cool and store in airtight container. Makes 6 bars. Approx 3 carbs per bar.

* Lecithin - both granular and liquid can be found in most health food stores.

Guest guest

Wow, thanks for all the awesome recipes!!

Chrysi

From: parkerfive@...Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 05:31:17 -0700Subject: Re: hello all

This list of recipes was posted here a long time ago. Does it have the one you're looking for?? It's kind of a long list to scroll through.

Good luck :)

JanaDOB 11/19/2009start/now/goal270/225/150

Atkins-Type Protein Bars (scroll down for Power Bar recipes)NOTES: 1) A "scoop" of protein powder is generally 1/3 cup 2) Feel free to substitute other artificial sweeteners for those cited, especially in those that are not baked. See my page on Sweeteners for more info on which is best for you and for a conversions chart. 3) Protein powders are pretty much interchangeable. Keep in mind, though, that carb & protein counts vary by brand and flavor, so your end result may differ from the original recipe. CHOCOLATE-NUT PROTEIN BARS 1 square unsweetened baker's chocolate 2 Tbl butter 2 Tbl heavy cream 3 pkts Splenda 3 scoops (1 cup) Chocolate Designer Protein (or any other chocolate whey protein) 1 cup chopped nuts of choice 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut 2 Tbl liquid, any of the following, listed in order of preference: Sugar Free Syrup (Davinci, Torani), maple syrup, coffee, water Melt chocolate and butter in micro 1 min; stir until completely melted. Add Equal and heavy cream and stir until creamy. Add protein powder, peanuts, coconut and stir till mixed pretty well. Add liquid of choice and mix thoroughly. You may have to knead with your hands at this point, as mixture will be very stiff. Line a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap and press in mixture firmly and evenly. Chill till firm. Cut into bars. (This recipe should yiel 6-8 bars. Approx 5 carbs & /15 grams protein per 1/6 recipe. CHOCOLATE FUDGE BARS 7 scoops (2 & 1/3 cups) Chocolate Designer Protein powder (122.5 protein;10.5 carbs) 1/2 cup melted butter 4 oz cream cheese (8 protein;4 carbs) 1/2 cup walnuts (10 protein; 5 carbs) Melt butter & cream cheese in microwave and stir until smooth. Mix in protein powder. Stir until mixed. This will be very thick and hard to stir. Add chopped walnuts and mix. Put in a greased bread pan. Chill. Cut into 8 pieces. When firm, you can wrap each piece in plastic wrap and store in fridge. Yield: 8 generous bars. Protein per bar: 17.5 Carbs per bar: 2.43 These come out chewy and look like fudge. They don't taste as good as sugar fudge, but the taste is still good. Much cheaper to make than buying Atkins. PROTEIN BARS4 oz cream cheese 1/2 cup butter 1/4 cup sugar-free peanut butter 1/4 cup SF vanilla syrup 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 tsp coconut extract 1 cup chopped nuts (optional) 2 cups Optimum Nutrition protein powder (vanilla ice cream flavor) 2 cups Designer Protein powder (vanilla praline flavor) Melt together in microwave: cream cheese, butter, PB. Add syrup, extracts and nuts to cream cheese mixture and mix well. Stir or knead in the protein powders. At this point the mixture becomes quite sticky and difficult to mix thoroughly. Press with your hands into a greased 9x13" baking pan, cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge. Yield: 20 bars Carb counts: Without nuts: 48 total (16 from fiber)=2.4/bar With nuts: 60 total (28 from fiber)= 3/bar LEMON-BANANA-CRANBERRY BARS 3 scoops vanilla protein powder 3 tsp baking powder 8 tsp Splenda 4 eggs 1/4 cup of Flax Seed oil (or olive oil) 1/4 cup water 1 cup cranberries 2 tsp vanilla extract 2 tsp lemon extract 2 tsp banana extract Mix together dry ingredients. In separate bowl mix together eggs, oil, and extracts & beat well. Add to dry ingredients to second mixture, combining well. Add water and cranberries. Should be a wet consistency like a cake mix. Pour into pam-sprayed square cake pan. Cook at 325 for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Sometimes may take longer to cook, depending on type of protein powder used. Cut into four squares. Each square has about 20 grams of protein, 4.13 grams of carbs. Great meal replacement. FUDGEY-NUTTY BARS2 and 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder 1 oz square unsweetened chocolate 1/2 cup butter 4 oz cream cheese 1 oz chopped almonds 1 tsp vanilla 1 tsp peanut butter 1/4 cup Splenda Melt butter, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in bowl in microwave. Mix together very well and then add splenda & vanilla, mixing well again. Add walnuts and protein powder and mix. It will be difficult and messy to mix, you will have to use your hands near the end to knead it all together, squeezing so that the powder is incorporated into the mixture. Now place in an 8x8 0r 9x9 baking pan, flatten and refrigerate. When cooled and hardened, cut into 8 bars. Per bar: 21 grams protein, 3.15 carbs. (This will vary according to the protein powder you use, I use Optimum Nutrtion as I have found it to be the best and it has 22g protein and 1.5g carbs in each scoop, but no aspartame.) CHOCOLATE PROTEIN BARS 2 squares unsweetened baker's chocolate 4 Tbl butter 4 Tbl heavy cream 1 tsp vanilla extract 6 packets Splenda 6 scoops Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate Protein Powder 1 & 1/2 cups chopped pecans 1 cup dried, unsweetened coconut 1/4 cup flax seeds, measured and then ground 4 Tbl Sugar-free DaVinci syrup (hazelnut is best) Melt chocolate and butter in microwave. Mix in Splenda, then add cream & vanilla, blending thoroughly. Add the protein powder and mix until powder is completely incorporated. Mix flax, pecans, and coconut together and pour over chocolate mix. Pour the sugar-free syrup over this and mix together with hands until well-blended. Line a 9" by 9" pan with plastic wrap and firmly press the incredibly sticky stuff into it. Cover with another layer of plastic wrap and chill. Yield: 12 bars. Each has 8 carbs, 3.6 gr. fiber, 14 gr. protein. FUDGEY CARAMEL BARS 4 Tbl butter 1.5 Tbl unsweetened cocoa powder 2 Tbl DaVinci Chocolate SF syrup 2 cups Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Whey Protein 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts Melt butter in large bowl in microwave. Whisk cocoa in well, then SF syrup. Incorporate protein powder. Add chopped nuts Press into wax-paper-lined 9x9 pan & refrigerate. Caramel consistency, and much better than any of my old fudge recipes. Plus, no wasted calories. High Protein snack or dessert. Best cold. PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH BARS 2c protein powder (both vanilla & chocolate would work) 1/2 cup of chunky natural peanut butter 1/4 cup melted butter Enough vanilla Davinci SF syrup to make the consistency of cookie dough. Mix PB & SF syrup with melted butter. Add protein powder & mix until well-blended. Either refrigerate and eat like cookie dough or bake & cut into PB cookie bars. PB PROTEIN BARS Mix unsweetened peanut butter with vanilla protein powder and sweetner to taste, add some TVP for crunch and a little low-fat cream cheese. Don't have exact amounts but it should look and taste like cookie dough. Mix it up, flatten in pan, chill and slice. You can spread melted low-carb chocolate over these before chilling for an extra treat. (I melt unsweetend chocolate in the micro and mix in some stevia or splenda) SESAME-ALMOND PROTEIN BARS1/4 cup cream cheese (2 carbs/4 protein) 1/4 cup butter 1/4 cup tahini, from roasted sesame seeds (12 carbs/10 protein/5.6 fiber) 1/4 tsp pure stevia powder 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/4 tsp almond extract 1 1/4 cup Twinlab VegeFuel (isolated soy protein; 0 carbs/200 protein) 1/3 cup Naturade N-R-G vanilla protein powder (3 carbs/32 protein) 1/2 cup DaVinci SF Vanilla Syrup 2 Tbsp. DaVinci SF Maple Syrup 2 oz finely chopped almonds (12 carbs/12 protein/7 fiber) After melting cream cheese & butter, mix in tahini, stevia, and extracts. Mix in protein powders. Add syrups and mix well. Mix in chopped almonds. May need to add more or less syrup to get texture you like. Place in 9x9 square pan & put in refrigerator until firm. Cut into 12 bars (or size you want). I store mine in freezer and eat frozen. My co-worker stores in fridge because he likes his softer. These are very flexible. I think you can use whatever kind of protein powder you want, and could use any kind of artificial sweetener you wanted in greater or lesser degrees, or any flavor of syrup or extract. For example, I've made with DaVinci's macadamia syrup and added chopped roasted macadamia nuts, and with Davinci's butter rum syrup and added roasted pecans. I also made w/ 2/3 VegeFuel and 1/3 Naturade N-R-G, added a higher proportion of vanilla syrup, plus vanilla, coconut, and almond extracts, and a little Stevia powder, and whipped it up, and it was close enough to fudge for my taste. Yield: 2 bars; 2.4 grams carbs per bar (1.4 carbs per bar if subtract fiber) and 21.5 grams protein COFFEE PROTEIN BARS 1/4 cup oil 3/4 cup vanilla whey powder 2 eggs 2 Tbl oat flour 1/4 cup heavy cream 1 Tbl baking powder 1/4 cup hot water 2 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp instant coffee 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips 1/4 cup Splenda 1 tsp liquid sweet n low Dissolve coffee in hot water. Mix oil, eggs, cream, water, Splenda & sweet 'n low together. Mix dry ingredients together and then add to the first mixture. Stir till moistened. Pour into 8" pan. Tap on counter to settle the bubbles. Sprinkle chips on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 min. Be careful not to overbake. Cut into 16 pieces. Each piece has 3 carbs. PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BARS II2 Tbl SF peanut butter 2 Tbl butter, melted 1/2 tsp liquid artificial sweetener 1/4 cup Splenda 1 scoop Vanilla Praline Designer Whey protein powder Melt peanut butter and butter in microwave or double boiler. Mix in the sweeteners thoroughly. Add protein powder and stir until it forms a ball. (You may need to use clean hands to aid in the thorough mixing.) Roll up in ball and knead a bit; then separate into even portions, shaping as desired. Refrigerate until firm. Makes 4 bars. Approx 2 carbs per bar. MAPLE VANILLA PROTEIN BARS 4 oz cream cheese 1 stick butter (1/4 lb) 1 cup Twinlab VegeFuel (isolated soy protein powder) 1 cup N-R-G Naturade Vanilla Protein Powder 1/2 cup DaVinci Sugarfree Vanilla Syrup w/Splenda 1/4 cup DaVinci Sugarfree Maple Syrup w/ Splenda 1 tsp. vanilla extract Melt cream cheese and butter (I did it in the microwave). Mix in protein powders. Add syrups and vanilla extract and mix until consistency is like very thick cookie dough (may take more than specified amounts). Put in 9x9 square pan & refrigerate until stiff and cut into 12 bars. Wrap bars individually and store in freezer. Can either eat frozen or thawed. APPLE SPICE PROTEIN BARS3 scoops vanilla protein powder 3 tsp baking powder 8 tsp Splenda 4 eggs 1/4 cup Flax Seed oil (or olive oil) 1/4 cup water 1/2 apple (chopped into tiny pieces) 1 Tbl vanilla extract 2 tsp lemon extract 1 tsp maple extract 1 Tbl cinnamon 1 tsp nutmeg Mix together dry ingredients. In separate bowl mix together eggs, oil, and extracts. Beat well & then add to dry ingredients, mixing well. Add water and apple. Should be a wet consistency like a cake mix. Pour into Pam-sprayed square cake pan. Cook at 325 for 15-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. May take longer to cook, depending on consistency of protein powder used. Cut into nine squares. Approximately 3-5 carbs per bar depending on the amount/type of fruit, spices, protein powder, etc. SESAME PROTEIN BARS 2 Tbl butter 4 Tbl sesame tahini OR peanut butter 1 cup sesame seeds (preferably white sesame seeds) 3 pkts Equal or eqivalent 3 scoops Designer Protein (Vanilla Praline OR Vanilla or any other similar whey protein ) 2 Tbl Sugar Free Torani Syrup (Hazelnut OR Vanilla Or Almond) OR 2 Tbls sugar free maple syrup Melt butter and Tahini or peanut butter in microwave, about 1 minute. Add protein powder, sesame seeds and Equal and mix to combine. Add syrup and mix again. You may have to knead with your hands at this point, as mixture will be VERY stiff. Line the a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap and press mixture evenly and FIRMLY into bottom of pan. Chill until firm. Unmold and cut into 6 bars. 4 grams carb/20 grams protein per bar ALMOND JOY PROTEIN BARS5 Branacrisp Crackers, crushed 1/2 cup flax seed meal (1/4 cup seeds, ground) 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped 2 scoops Chocolate Whey Protein Powder 2 scoops Soy Protein Powder 2 Tbl oatmeal 1/4 cup Splenda 20 drops Stevia (or just add any artificial sweetener to taste; start with the equivalent of 2 Tbl & add until sweet enough for you) 2 Tbl unsweetened coconut 1 Tbl unsweetened cocoa powder 1/4 cup cream 1/4 cup water 1/4 cup butter 2 Tbl Low-Carb Maple Syrup or cold coffee 1 tsp coconut extract (optional) 2 tsp almond extract (optional) Crush crackers or whirl in food processor to grind fine, and then combine in bowl with other dry ingredients. In microwave or on stovetop, melt together cream, water, butter and maple syrup (or cold coffee). Remove from heat and add extracts at this time if using them, then whisk to make sauce smooth. Pour hot mixture over dry ingredients and mix well. Press into buttered 8x8" pan with buttered fingers. Chill and cut. Wrap each bar in Saran or foil and keep in fridge or freezer. Keeping in freezer is no problem as they thaw in about 5 minutes. 9.8 carbs per bar, minus 5.9 fiber for 3.9 net each. 36 Power Bar Recipes and One Sports Drink Fruits, Nuts and Oats Breakfast in Hand- a 40-30-30 zone food

3 cups rolled oats 3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten 1 cup trader joe soy protein 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 3 tablespoons fructose 1/2 cup pecans or sunflower seeds chopped 3 tablespoons canola oil 1/3 cup chopped dried fruit or raisins 1/2 cup water or apple juice 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1/2 cup flour, oat or rice flour; as needed to thicken Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a cookie sheet. Mix everything but the flour, let it sit a few minutes, then beat with a fork until it begins to thicken. Add enough flour to make a stiff dough. Roll or pat out on the cookie sheet, about 1/4 inch thick, cut 20 pieces. Cut with cookie cutter or roll out a rectangle on a greased cookie sheet and separate into 4x5 rectangles for 20 biscuits or bars. Bake 12 minutes. The apple juice adds additional carbs, but nice flavor, and some folks enjoy a little cinnamon. If you are NOT vegetarian, you can beat in some eggs and reduce the water or apple juice for a little better texture and protein. Bank Balls

24 dried figs 1/3 cup honey 4 tbsp. orange juice 2 tbsp. lemon juice 1 tsp. lemon juice 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour 1/2 tsp. baking soda 1/4 tsp. baking powder 1 tbsp. canola oil 1/4 cup dark corn syrup 2 egg whites 1 cup oat bran 1-2 cups vanilla whey powder or soy protein powder DIRECTIONSAdd figs, honey, orange juice, and 2 tbsp. lemon juice to food processor and mix on "chop" setting until fig bits are finely cut. Set aside. Put all other ingredients (except oat bran) in mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer for 3-4 minutes at medium speed. If using the whey/protein powder, reduce flour by 1/2 cup. Add fig mixture and beat until everything blends. Roll 20-24 balls (about golf ball size)and coat with oat bran poured on a plate. Place balls on pan and bake at 350° for 10 minutes, or until they are warm and a bit puffy. Place in refrigerator to harden. For a crunchier texture, bake 2-5 minutes longer, or until dough is thoroughly cooked. You can substitute dates for figs, and this lowers potassium. To increase protein in this recipe so it can be used for a breakfast bar, take out 1 cup flour and add 1/2 cup soy protein isolate, 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ and 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten; bake the higher protein ball the extra 2-5 minutes to cook the gluten. Chocolate Cake/ Muffin/ Bar (no flour)2/3 cup 100% soy protein isolate 3 tablespoon cocoa 3 large eggs 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 cup vegetable oil 2 tablespoon fructose 1 tablespoon peanut butter; melted with oil Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together all the dry ingredients. Beat together all the wet ingredients. Stir into the dry ingredients with a fork until blended smooth, adding enough water to get a thick pasty consistency. Spread in a sprayed loaf pan or four muffin tins (fill the remainder with water to prevent warping the pan. Bake approximately 15 minutes. Cut 4 bars Homestyle Bike Snack Bar1/4 cup butter, melted, or oil 4 large eggs; beaten 1 cup flour 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 cup nonfat milk powder 3/4 cup rolled oats 1 teaspoon salt 1 3/4 cup sugar or brown sugar 2 cups raisins or dried fruit and chopped 2 1/2 cups walnuts; chopped 3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan. Beat together eggs and oil, sift together dry ingredients except fruit. Add flour to eggs, combine, then stir in fruit, nuts, and chips. Spread evenly in pan, bake 30 minutes, they are still soft when done. Cool, cut into 24 pieces, wrap in foil and freeze. Getting Even Energy Bars1/2 cup oil substitute, fruit based, or 3/4 cup smashed banana 1 cup fructose 2 tablespoon Molasses 4 large egg whites or 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 cup cocoa; optional 2 cups 10 grain cereal; ground in blender 2 cups flour, unbleached 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking powder 2 cups chocolate chips; optional 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts; optional Makes 12 2 ounce bars. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a 9 inch by 13 inch pan. Mix all the dry ingredients except the add-ins. Cream the oil substitute, molasses and sugar, ad the vanilla. Mix with a beater- it gets very thick and sticky. Stir in the add ins. Spread evenly in the pan, bake 25-30 minutes. Cut while still warm. Power Bars-no bake1/2 cup honey or molasses 1/2 cup peanut butter, or cashew or almond 1 cup nonfat milk powder, non-instant 1 cup raisins/dried fruit or chocolate ch; optional 1/2 cup shredded coconut; optional Knead all the ingredients together, adding enough milk powder to form a stiff but not crumbly dough. Shape into 1 inch by 3 inch logs. Roll in optional coconut or confectioner's sugar. Chill. Energy Bar-Fruit-filled1 cup raisins 1 cup dried blueberries 2 cups chopped dates 2 cups chopped dried apples 2 cups chopped dried apricots 2 cups chopped dried prunes 8 oz almond or peanut butter 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 8 cups rolled oats 12 oz pancake mix (complete)(3 cups) 16 oz honey Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a large cookie sheet. Knead together all the fruit and the nut butter. Knead in sunflower seeds, rolled oats, and pancake mix. Add honey and knead until blended. Press out onto tin 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick and as even as possible. Using a table knife, press the bar lines into the sheet. Bake about 20 minutes until top is light brown. Freeze very well if individally wrapped and then put in a ziplock. if needed boost the protein with 1-2 cups of vanilla protein powder or dried milk. Chocolate-dipped Deluxe Overnight No-Bake Power Bar1 cup rolled oats 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted and ground 1/2 cup dried apricots; chopped fine 1/2 cup raisins; chopped fine 1 cup shredded unsweetened dried coconut 1 cup almonds; blanched, chopped or sliv 1/2 cup nonfat dried milk powder 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ 2 teaspoon butter or margarine 1 cup white corn syrup or 3/4 cup honey 3/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter 1 teaspoon orange or lemon extract 2 teaspoon grated orange or lemon peel 12 oz chocolate chips; 2 cups 4 oz paraffin, food grade or 3/4 cup butter Toast the sesame seeds in a frying pan for about 7 minutes, until golden,Ellen's note- then grind coarsely. Toast the oats in a 300 degree oven in a 10 inch by 15 inch baking pan for 25 minutes, stirring to prevent scorching. Mix the seeds, apricots, raisins, coconut, almonds, dry milk, and wheat germ; mix well. Mix hot oats into dried fruit mixture. Butter the hot baking pan; set aside. In the frying pan, combine corn syrup or honey and sugar; bring to a rolling boil over medium high heat and quickly stir in the peanut butter, orange extract, and orange peel. At once, pour over the oatmeal mixture and mix well. Quickly spread in buttered pan and press into an even layer. Then cover and chill until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight. DIPPING FOR CHOCOLATE COATING Cut into bars about 1 1/4 by 2 1/2 inches. Combine chocolate chips and paraffin in to top of a double boiler. Place over simmering water until melted; stir often. Turn heat to low. Using tongs, dip 1 bar at a time into chocolate, hold over pan until it stops dripping , then place on wire racks set above waxed paper. With paraffin, the coating firms very quickly, bars with butter in the chocolate coating may need to be chilled. When firm and cool), serve bars, or wrap individually in foil. Store in the refrigerator up to 4 weeks; freeze to store longer. Makes about 4 dozen bars, about 1 ounce each. Per piece: 188 cal.; 4.4 g protein; 29 g carbo.; 9.8 g fat; 0.6 mg chol.; 40 mg sodium. Bars of Iron1 cup raisins 1/2 cup golden raisins 1/3 cup butter or margarine 1/2 cup sugar 1 large egg 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ 1/2 cup blackstrap molasses 1 cup dried nonfat milk 1 cup almonds; sliced 1 cup quick cooking oats 1/2 cup nonfat milk 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon baking powder Bakes at 350 degrees for approx. 30 minutes. Butter/grease a 9 inch by 13 inch pan. Chop raisins (using a food processor if possible). Cream butter, sugar, molasses and egg. Combine flour, dry milk, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ginger. Blend flour into creamed mixture with liquid milk. Stir in oats, raisins, and half the almonds (if desired). Pour into greased 13x9x2 inch pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining almonds (if desired). Cool in pan and cut into 1x4 inch bars, or 24-30 pieces. Energy Bars- Unbaked1 cup rolled oats 1/2 cup wheat germ 1/2 cup oat bran 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder 1 cup crunchy peanut butter 1 cup raisins or dried fruit and chopped 1 cup chocolate chips 1 cup light Karo syrup Mix it all well.Freeze in bar shapes. Protein Bar Recipe3 1/2 cups rolled oats 1 1/2 cups dried milk 1 tablespoon cinnamon 1 cup lite syrup 2 scoops protein powder 2 large egg whites or 1 egg 11/4 cup orange juice 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 cup raisins or dried fruit and chopped Line cookie sheet with waxed paper and preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Spread onto sheet, press cutting lines in to make 10 pieces. Bake 15 minutes untill golden brown, cut apart, then cool and wrap. Store airtight at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.Emergency Ration

3 cups rolled oats, barley, or wheat 2 1/2 cups nonfat milk powder 1/2 package jello powder, citrus 1 cup sugar 2 tablespoon honey 3 tablespoon water Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Heat together water and honey, stir in jello powder. Stir dry ingredients together, stir in jello water, mix well. Then add additional water 1 tablespoon at a time, just until mixture can be formed into two bars. Dry in oven, wrap in foil to store. Each bar is 1000 calories. May be eaten as is, or cooked in a pint of water.Another Fruit Power Bar24 dried figs1/3 cup honey4 Tbsp orange juice2 Tbsp lemon juice2 1/2 cups unbleached flour1/2 tsp baking soda1/4 tsp baking powder1 Tbsp canola oil1/4 cup dark corn syrup2 egg whites (I use egg substitute)1 cup oat branInstructions: mix figs, honey, OJ and lemon juice in a food processor. Mix all other ingredients seperately (except oat bran). Combine 2 mixtures, roll into golf ball sized balls (makes 20-24), coat with oat bran, and bake at 350 deg for 10-15 minutes. Store finished product in the refrigerator.HOMEMADE 40/30/30 bar.3.5 Tbsp of Joe Weider's 90% Plus Protein Mix (I use Chocolate Malt Flavored)2 Tbsp Peanut Butter (I use a brand that has only peanuts and salt as the ingredients)3 Tbsp Light Corn Syrup (Karo)Mix ingredients together in a bowl. You will end up with something with the consistency of Play-Dough. If it seems wet, add a little more of the Protein mix.You could easily replace the soy milk powder with the cow equivalent, but then you'd definitely have to include some maltodextrin (my soy drink already has some in it). I plan to replace about half the honey with maltodextrin when I find a local source. If you prefer cocoa to carob, you can easily substitute.C = 250 ml cup, T = 15 ml tablespoonPowerbars Recipe With reward to the cyclist and their need for "power snacking" The odd ingredient in the bar, paraffin, is widely used in chocolate manufacture to improve smoothness and flowability, raise the melting point, and retard deterioration of texture and flavor. Butter can be used instead, but a butter-chocolate mixture doesn't cover as thinly or smoothly.POWER BARS1 cup regular rolled oats1/2 cup sesame seed1 1/2 cups dried apricots, finely chopped1 1/2 cups raisins1 cup shredded unsweetened dry coconut1 cup blanched almonds, chopped1/2 cup nonfat dry milk1/2 cup toasted wheat germ2 teaspoons butter or margarine1 cup light corn syrup3/4 cup sugar1 1/4 cups chunk-style peanut butter1 teaspoon orange extract2 teaspoons grated orange peel1 package (12 oz.) or 2 cups semisweet chocolate baking chips4 ounces paraffin or 3/4 cup (3/4 lb.) butter or margarineSpread oats in a 10- by 15-inch baking pan. Bake in a 300 degree oven until oats are toasted, about 25 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent scorching.Meanwhile, place sesame seed in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat. Shake often or stir until seeds are golden, about 7 minutes.Pour into a large bowl. Add apricots, raisins, coconut, almonds, dry milk, and wheat germ; mix well. Mix hot oats into dried fruit mixture.Butter the hot backing pan; set aside.In the frying pan, combine corn syrup and sugar; bring to a rolling boil over medium high heat and quickly stir in the peanut butter, orange extract, and orange peel.At once, pour over the oatmeal mixture and mix well. Quickly spread in buttered pan an press into an even layer. Then cover and chill until firm, at least 4 hours or until next day.Cut into bars about 1 1/4 by 2 1/2 inches.Combine chocolate chips and paraffin in to top of a double boiler. Place over simmering water until melted; stir often. Turn heat to low.Using tongs, dip 1 bar at a time into chocolate, hold over pan until it stops dripping (with paraffin, the coating firms very quickly), then place on wire racks set above waxed paper.When firm and cool (bars with butter in the chocolate coating may need to be chilled), serve bars, or wrap individually in foil. Store in the refrigerator up to 4 weeks; freeze to store longer. Makes about 4 dozen bars, about 1 ounce each.Per piece: 188 cal.; 4.4 g protein; 29 g carbo.; 9.8 g fat; 0.6 mg chol.; 40 mg sodiumBARS OF IRON 1 Cup dark raisins 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder1/2 Cup golden raisins 1/2 teaspoon baking soda1/3 Cup butter or Margarine 1/2 teaspoon salt1/2 Cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger1 egg 1/2 Cup liquid milk1 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour 1 Cup quick cooking oats1/4 Cup toasted wheat germ 1 Cup sliced almonds (optional)1/2 Cup golden molasses (dark is ok also)1/2 Cup Nonfat dry milkChop raisins (in food processor if possible). Cream butter, sugar, molasses & egg.Combine flour, dry milk, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ginger. Blend into creamed mixture with liquid milk. Stir in oats, raisins, and half the almonds (if desired).Pour into greased 13x9x2 inch pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining almonds (if desired).Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 30 minutes. Cool in pan and cut into 1x4 inch bars.Protein Bars1 7 scoops of Designer Protein (GNC) 1/2 cup melted butter 4 oz. cream cheese 1/2 cup walnuts 1/4 cup Splenda (or whatever amount you like according to your taste)

I have used chocolate, vanilla and strawberry protein powder.. With the strawberry I like to add a little unsweetened coconut.

Soft the butter and cream cheese together...and mix. Add in the protein powder, and Splenda....stir in your nuts, sunflower seeds, coconut or whatever else you're using. The batter will be pretty stiff. Spread a pan (I use a bread pan), press in mixture. If necessary spray your hands.

Chill in the frig and then cut into bars. I sometimes sort them individually frozen in a zip-loc bag, and then I can just grab one to take to work.

Play with these ingredients and I'm sure you'll come up with something you really like. Pretty simple...taste better than any of the bars I've tried...and a lot cheaper.Homemade Low-Carb Chocolate BarsThese are quite rich and creamy chocolate bars that melt in your mouth. No glycerine or maltitol, not hidden carbs. Ingredients: 1 square bakers unsweetened chocolate 3 tbsp whey protein 3 tbsp soy protein 1 tbsp psyllium husks 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut or almond meal 1 tbsp SugarTwin brown sugar 1 tbsp Splenda 5 drops Stevia 1/4 cup whipping cream 1 tbsp peanut butter 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 tsp mint extract (optional) 1/4 cup crushed pecans (optional) In a microwave-safe plastic dish, microwave the chocolate square for 1 minute on high. It should almost melted or half-way through. Add peanut butter on top and microwave for 1 minute on high. Add cream and microwave for 1.5 minutes on high (make sure the cream starts boiling, it has to be hot, or the bars will become powdery).

Sprinkle the psyllium husks first on the hot mixture, this helps solidify the bars. Add the rest of the ingredients on top. Use a hand mixer to mix the entire mixture until uniform. This will be a hard mixture and may get stuck inside the mixers, just sccop it up with a spoon. Use a square none-stick plastic plate (I use the top of a ziplioc disposable cover), about 5x5 inches, but any non-stick surface should do. Spread the mixture on top of it, and press with the bottom of a spoon to make it evenly spread. Freeze for an hour, and then place in the fridge until ready to use. I cut it into 4 bars.

Note: If you don't have all the above sweeteners, use any sweetener you have to taste. Mixing different sweeteners intensifies the sweetening effect, and requires a lesser amount of the sweetner.Protein Bars2 1 square unsweetened baker's chocolate 2 Tbls. butter 2 Tbls. heavy cream 3 pkts Equal (I used Splenda) 3 scoops (1 cup) Chocolate Designer Protein (or any other chocolate whey protein) 1 cup chopped peanuts (I used 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans) 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut 2 Tbls. Sugar Free Torani Syrup or maple syrup (or water, in a pinch...) --I used the maple syrup, as that, our market had! Melt choc and butter in mike 1 min; stir until completely melted. Add Equal and heavy cream and stir til creamy. Add protein powder, peanuts, coconut and stir till mixed pretty well, add syrup (or water), and mix thoroughly(you may have to knead with your hands at this point, as mixture will be very stiff). Line a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap and press in mixture firmly and evenly. Chill till firm. Cut into 6 bars. These were huge, so I made it into 9 bars. LEMON-BANANA-CRANBERRY BARS

3 scoops vanilla protein powder 3 tsp baking powder 8 tsp Splenda 4 eggs 1/4 cup of Flax Seed oil (or olive oil) 1/4 cup water 1 cup cranberries 2 tsp vanilla extract 2 tsp lemon extract 2 tsp banana extract

Mix together dry ingredients. In separate bowl mix together eggs, oil, and extracts & beat well. Add to dry ingredients to second mixture, combining well. Add water and cranberries. Should be a wet consistency like a cake mix. Pour into pam-sprayed square cake pan. Cook at 325 for 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Sometimes may take longer to cook, depending on type of protein powder used. Cut into four squares. Each square has about 20 grams of protein, 4.13 grams of carbs. FUDGEY-NUTTY BARS

2 and 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder 1 oz square unsweetened chocolate 1/2 cup butter 4 oz cream cheese 1 oz chopped almonds 1 tsp vanilla 1 tsp peanut butter 1/4 cup Splenda

Melt butter, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in bowl in microwave. Mix together very well and then add splenda & vanilla, mixing well again. Add walnuts and protein powder and mix. It will be difficult and messy to mix, you will have to use your hands near the end to knead it all together, squeezing so that the powder is incorporated into the mixture. Now place in an 8x8 0r 9x9 baking pan, flatten and refrigerate. When cooled and hardened, cut into 8 bars. Per bar: 21 grams protein, 3.15 carbs. (This will vary according to the protein powder you use, I use Optimum Nutrtion as I have found it to be the best and it has 22g protein and 1.5g carbs in each scoop, but no aspartame.) FUDGEY CARAMEL BARS

4 Tbl butter 1.5 Tbl unsweetened cocoa powder 2 Tbl DaVinci Chocolate Sugar Free syrup 2 cups Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Whey Protein 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts

Melt butter in large bowl in microwave. Whisk cocoa in well, then SF syrup. Incorporate protein powder. Add chopped nuts Press into wax-paper-lined 9x9 pan & refrigerate. Caramel consistency, and much better than any of my old fudge recipes. Plus, no wasted calories. High Protein snack or dessert. Best cold. PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH BARS

2 c protein powder (both vanilla & chocolate would work) 1/2 cup of chunky natural peanut butter 1/4 cup melted butter Enough vanilla Davinci SF syrup to make the consistency of cookie dough.

Mix Peanut Butter & SF syrup with melted butter. Add protein powder & mix until well-blended. Either refrigerate and eat like cookie dough or bake & cut into PB cookie bars. I think that lowcarb maple syrup would work as well as Davinci for these.

Sesame Protein Bars 1/4 cup cream cheese 1/4 cup butter 1/4 cup tahini, from roasted sesame seeds 1/4 tsp pure stevia powder 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/4 tsp almond extract 1 1/4 cup Twinlab VegeFuel (isolated soy protein) 1/3 cup Naturade N-R-G vanilla protein powder 1/2 cup DaVinci SF Vanilla Syrup 2 Tbsp. DaVinci SF Maple Syrup 2 oz finely chopped almonds

After melting cream cheese & butter, mix in tahini, stevia, and extracts. Mix in protein powders. Add syrups and mix well. Mix in chopped almonds. May need to add more or less syrup to get texture you like. Place in 9x9 square pan & put in refrigerator until firm. Cut into 12 bars (or size you want). I store mine in freezer and eat frozen. My co-worker stores in fridge because he likes his softer.

These are very flexible. I think you can use whatever kind of protein powder you want, and could use any kind of artificial sweetener you wanted in greater or lesser degrees, or any flavor of syrup or extract. For example, I've made with DaVinci's macadamia syrup and added chopped roasted macadamia nuts, and with Davinci's butter rum syrup and added roasted pecans. I also made w/ 2/3 VegeFuel and 1/3 Naturade N-R-G, added a higher proportion of vanilla syrup, plus vanilla, coconut, and almond extracts, and a little Stevia powder, and whipped it up, and it was close enough to fudge for my taste.

Yield: 2 bars; 2.4 grams carbs per bar (1.4 carbs per bar if subtract fiber) and 21.5 grams protein COFFEE PROTEIN BARS

1/4 cup oil 3/4 cup vanilla whey powder 2 eggs 2 Tbl oat flour 1/4 cup heavy cream 1 Tbl baking powder 1/4 cup hot water 2 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp instant coffee 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips 1/4 cup Splenda 1 tsp liquid sweet n low

Dissolve coffee in hot water. Mix oil, eggs, cream, water, Splenda & sweet 'n low together. Mix dry ingredients together and then add to the first mixture. Stir till moistened. Pour into 8" pan. Tap on counter to settle the bubbles. Sprinkle chips on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 min. Be careful not to overbake. Cut into 16 pieces. Each piece has 3 carbs.

MAPLE VANILLA PROTEIN BARS 4 oz cream cheese 1 stick butter (1/4 lb) 1 cup Twinlab VegeFuel (isolated soy protein powder) 1 cup N-R-G Naturade Vanilla Protein Powder 1/2 cup DaVinci Sugarfree Vanilla Syrup 1/4 cup DaVinci Sugarfree Maple Syrup 1 tsp. vanilla extract

Melt cream cheese and butter (I did it in the microwave). Mix in protein powders. Add syrups and vanilla extract and mix until consistency is like very thick cookie dough (may take more than specified amounts). Put in 9x9 square pan & refrigerate until stiff and cut into 12 bars. Wrap bars individually and store in freezer. Can either eat frozen or thawed.

APPLE SPICE PROTEIN BARS 3 scoops vanilla protein powder 3 tsp baking powder 8 tsp Splenda 4 eggs 1/4 cup Flax Seed oil (or olive oil) 1/4 cup water 1/2 apple (chopped into tiny pieces) 1 Tbl vanilla extract 2 tsp lemon extract 1 tsp maple extract 1 Tbl cinnamon 1 tsp nutmeg

Mix together dry ingredients. In separate bowl mix together eggs, oil, and extracts. Beat well & then add to dry ingredients, mixing well. Add water and apple. Should be a wet consistency like a cake mix. Pour into Pam-sprayed square cake pan. Cook at 325 for 15-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. May take longer to cook, depending on consistency of protein powder used. Cut into nine squares. Approximately 3-5 carbs per bar depending on the amount/type of fruit, spices, protein powder, etc.

SESAME PROTEIN BARS II These don't need refrigeration and THEY DON'T MELT IN YOUR PURSE!

2 Tbl butter 4 Tbl sesame tahini OR peanut butter 1 cup sesame seeds (preferably white sesame seeds) 3 pkts Equal or eqivalent 3 scoops Designer Protein (Vanilla Praline OR Vanilla or any other similar whey protein ) 2 Tbl Sugar Free Torani Syrup (Hazelnut OR Vanilla Or Almond) OR 2 Tbls sugar free maple syrup

Melt butter and Tahini or peanut butter in microwave, about 1 minute. Add protein powder, sesame seeds and Equal and mix to combine. Add syrup and mix again. You may have to knead with your hands at this point, as mixture will be VERY stiff. Line the a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap and press mixture evenly and FIRMLY into bottom of pan. Chill until firm. Unmold and cut into 6 bars.

4 grams carb/20 grams protein per bar

ALMOND JOY PROTEIN BARS 5 Branacrisp Crackers, crushed 1/2 cup flax seed meal (1/4 cup seeds, ground) 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped 2 scoops Chocolate Whey Protein Powder 2 scoops Soy Protein Powder 2 Tbl oatmeal 1/4 cup Splenda 20 drops Stevia (or just add any artificial sweetener to taste; start with the equivalent of 2 Tbl & add until sweet enough for you) 2 Tbl unsweetened coconut 1 Tbl unsweetened cocoa powder 1/4 cup cream 1/4 cup water 1/4 cup butter 2 Tbl Low-Carb Maple Syrup or cold coffee 1 tsp coconut extract (optional) 2 tsp almond extract (optional)

Crush crackers or whirl in food processor to grind fine, and then combine in bowl with other dry ingredients. In microwave or on stovetop, melt together cream, water, butter and maple syrup (or cold coffee). Remove from heat and add extracts at this time if using them, then whisk to make sauce smooth. Pour hot mixture over dry ingredients and mix well. Press into buttered 8x8" pan with buttered fingers. Chill and cut. Wrap each bar in Saran or foil and keep in fridge or freezer. Keeping in freezer is no problem as they thaw in about 5 minutes.

9.8 carbs per bar, minus 5.9 fiber for 3.9 net each.

CHOCOLATE PROTEIN BARS 2 squares unsweetened baker's chocolate 4 Tbl butter 4 Tbl heavy cream 1 tsp vanilla extract 6 packets Splenda 6 scoops Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate Protein Powder 1 & 1/2 cups chopped pecans 1 cup dried, unsweetened coconut 1/4 cup flax seeds, measured and then ground 4 Tbl Sugar-free DaVinci syrup (hazelnut is best)

Melt chocolate and butter in microwave. Mix in Splenda, then add cream & vanilla, blending thoroughly. Add the protein powder and mix until powder is completely incorporated. Mix flax, pecans, and coconut together and pour over chocolate mix. Pour the sugar-free syrup over this and mix together with hands until well-blended. Line a 9" by 9" pan with plastic wrap and firmly press the incredibly sticky stuff into it. Cover with another layer of plastic wrap and chill. Yield: 12 bars. Each has 8 carbs, 3.6 gr. fiber, 14 gr. protein. Peanut Protein Bars2 tablespoons no-sugar peanut butter 2 tablespoons butter, melted 1/2 teaspoon liquid artificial sweetener 1/4 cup Splenda 1 scoop Vanilla Praline Designer Whey protein powder* Melt peanut butter and butter in microwave or double boiler. Mix in the sweeteners thoroughly. Add protein powder and stir until it forms a ball. (You may need to use clean hands to aid in the thorough mixing.) Roll up in ball and knead a bit; then separate into even portions, shaping as desired. Refrigerate until firm.

Makes 4 bars. Approx 2 carbs per bar.

Note: It's best to use the "scoop" that comes with the package, but in case it's lost (or you use another brand), this is approx. 1/3 of a cup (I have made this measuring at 1/3 cup and it works fine!)Nutty Fudge Bars2 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder 1 oz square unsweetened chocolate 1/2 cup butter 4 oz cream cheese 1 oz chopped walnuts 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 teaspoon peanut butter 1/4 cup Splenda Melt butter, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in bowl in microwave and mix together very well. Add splenda and vanilla, mix well again. Now add walnuts and protein powder and mix. It will be difficult and messy to mix, you will have to use your hands near the end to knead it all together, squeezing so that the powder disolves into the mixture. Now place in a baking pan, flatten and refrigerate. (Using a rectangular casserole dish works great here.) When cooled and hardened, cut into 8 bars.

Makes 8 bars. Approx 3.2 carbs per bar. Fudge Walnut Bars2 1/3 cups chocolate protein powder 1/2 cup butter 4 oz cream cheese 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 1/4 cup Splenda Melt butter and cream cheese. Mix in designer protein and Splenda. This will be stiff and hard to stir (knead with clean hands if needed.) Add walnuts and mix again. Place in greased bread pan. (Sprinkle additional finely chopped walnuts on top if you like.) Cool. Cut into 8 servings.

Makes 8 bars. Approx 2.5 carbs per bar. PINEAPPLE BARS1 1/2 cups soy protein isolate 3 Tablespoons whey protein 1 cup Splenda 1 1/2 Tablespoons liquid or granular lecithin * 1 1/2 Tablespoons glycerin 3/4 cup heavy cream3 Tablespoons coconut or almond oil 1 Tablespoon sugarfree pineapple preservesOR - 2 Tablespoons finely chopped unsweetened fresh pineapple 1/2 teaspoon pineapple extract Preheat oven to 350°F.Combine soy, whey and Splenda in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients. Pulse on high until a soft dough forms. Remove dough and knead by hand for twenty-ish strokes. Press into an 8x5-inch pan and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cut into bars while still hot. Allow to cool and store in airtight container. Makes 6 bars. Approx 3 carbs per bar.

* Lecithin - both granular and liquid can be found in most health food stores.

The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars with Hotmail. Get busy.

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

I don't know if i'm reading this correctly but are you ingesting borax?

On Tue Jul 13th, 2010 10:32 AM EDT sidepull5150 wrote:

>Hello all,

>

>Glad to find your site. :)

>

>For the record my Skin Mites (possibly bird mites) are still with me, not

horrible, but still there. 3.5 years this time, with a 1 year break and 8

months the first time.

>

>I was just reading one of the threads and there was alot of talk about

doxycycline, " Doxy " .

>

>The whole " Freindly Bacteria " part of this is huge. I keep deleting cause I

wanna stand at the top of Everest and start throwing well aimed lightning bolts,

lots of them. Suffice it to say, I'll never take another antibiotic again.

>

>One of the best things I have ever read concerning health is " Lessons from the

Miracle Doctors " from www.jonbarron.org. It's free.

>

>With some of the encouraging examples on this site I may be spurred on to get

the last wooden stake into the heart of my crazy-ville.

>

>My favorite antifungal is RAW Garlic. I read a reference to the March 1985

issue of Scientific American, that reported garlic was effective against 200

varities of fungus and effective on 24 of 26 strains of Candidas.

>

>Thing that has given me the most relief so far is a combination of Borax and

Iodine. With the 1st dose, I noticed a wonderful difference in less than a day.

>

>http://earthclinic.com/Remedies/borax.html

>

>http://www.curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1395818

>

>I posted this last year and have not been consistent with 2 quarts a day, so

the 95% is intermittent, but the Borax & Iodine still helps. My use of a

certain food (it's legal) has slowed me from a 100% end of my mites. I'm

currently using the borax and Iodine combination in my P & B shake. This is the

thread: http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1472308#i

>

>Be well & have fun.

>

>Green

>

Guest guest

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Borax can't be good to ingest... isn't it boric acid? I put boric acid around some of my plants this year, like tomato plants and it burned the heck out of them... so live and learn, but borax would be similar. Could burn the inside of the body. Re: Hello All

I don't know if i'm reading this correctly but are you ingesting borax?On Tue Jul 13th, 2010 10:32 AM EDT sidepull5150 wrote:>Hello all,>>Glad to find your site. :) >>For the record my Skin Mites (possibly bird mites) are still with me, not horrible, but still there. 3.5 years this time, with a 1 year break and 8 months the first time.>>I was just reading one of the threads and there was alot of talk about doxycycline, "Doxy".>>The whole "Freindly Bacteria" part of this is huge. I keep deleting cause I wanna stand at the top of Everest and start throwing well aimed lightning bolts, lots of them. Suffice it to say, I'll never take another antibiotic again.>>One of the best things I have ever read concerning health is "Lessons from the Miracle Doctors" from www.jonbarron.org. It's free.>>With some of the encouraging examples on this site I may be spurred on to get the last wooden stake into the heart of my crazy-ville.>>My favorite antifungal is RAW Garlic. I read a reference to the March 1985 issue of Scientific American, that reported garlic was effective against 200 varities of fungus and effective on 24 of 26 strains of Candidas.>>Thing that has given me the most relief so far is a combination of Borax and Iodine. With the 1st dose, I noticed a wonderful difference in less than a day. >>http://earthclinic.com/Remedies/borax.html>>http://www.curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1395818>>I posted this last year and have not been consistent with 2 quarts a day, so the 95% is intermittent, but the Borax & Iodine still helps. My use of a certain food (it's legal) has slowed me from a 100% end of my mites. I'm currently using the borax and Iodine combination in my P B shake. This is the thread: http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1472308#i>>Be well & have fun.>>Green>

Guest guest

>

> I don't know if i'm reading this correctly but are you ingesting borax?

Absolutely. I've been adding it to my drinking water for a little over a year.

:)

Guest guest

Hello Lynn,

Boric Acid is not Borax, thankfully they are not the same.

Lynn you said, " but can we help you find an alternative that would help

heal the body instead of weaken you?? "

That's a pretty big assumption for not researching Borax & Iodine. I get the

concern over new things\ideas, but so far, by doing my research, I have had

great results with the combination of Iodine and Borax. I post this information

here in hopes that a fellow sufferer can shave years off their hell and then

pass it on to the next person in need.

I was reading the other day in the files section about a member of this group

that had used Liver Flushes\cleanses to remove their liver stones. That

reminded me of the need to do the same and that how I have come to believe that

our liver is tied to this skin issue. And then earlier today I was poking

around looking for more info about Borax and found out about removing Liver

Stones(AKA Gallbladder Stones) and Kidney stones with an Ayervedic method.

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/alkalizing_formulas.html

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/ayurvedic-herbs.html

http://www.rain-tree.com/chanca.htm

I love ingesting new information. If i could only get paid for my research, I'd

be rich by now.

Green

Guest guest

I guess technically you absorb it through you skin when you take a bath so you

put it in your body, but I don't know how your digestive system would handle it.

>

>

>

> >Hello all,

>

>

> >

>

>

> >Glad to find your site. :)

>

>

> >

>

>

> >For the record my Skin Mites (possibly bird mites) are still with me, not

horrible, but still there. 3.5 years this time, with a 1 year break and 8

months the first time.

>

>

> >

>

>

> >I was just reading one of the threads and there was alot of talk about

doxycycline, " Doxy " .

>

>

> >

>

>

> >The whole " Freindly Bacteria " part of this is huge. I keep deleting cause I

wanna stand at the top of Everest and start throwing well aimed lightning bolts,

lots of them. Suffice it to say, I'll never take another antibiotic again.

>

>

> >

>

>

> >One of the best things I have ever read concerning health is " Lessons from

the Miracle Doctors " from www.jonbarron.org. It's free.

>

>

> >

>

>

> >With some of the encouraging examples on this site I may be spurred on to get

the last wooden stake into the heart of my crazy-ville.

>

>

> >

>

>

> >My favorite antifungal is RAW Garlic. I read a reference to the March 1985

issue of Scientific American, that reported garlic was effective against 200

varities of fungus and effective on 24 of 26 strains of Candidas.

>

>

> >

>

>

> >Thing that has given me the most relief so far is a combination of Borax and

Iodine. With the 1st dose, I noticed a wonderful difference in less than a day.

>

>

> >

>

>

> >http://earthclinic.com/Remedies/borax.html

>

>

> >

>

>

> >http://www.curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1395818

>

>

> >

>

>

> >I posted this last year and have not been consistent with 2 quarts a day, so

the 95% is intermittent, but the Borax & Iodine still helps. My use of a

certain food (it's legal) has slowed me from a 100% end of my mites. I'm

currently using the borax and Iodine combination in my P & B shake. This is the

thread: http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1472308#i

>

>

> >

>

>

> >Be well & have fun.

>

>

> >

>

>

> >Green

>

>

> >

>

Guest guest

I have only had one reaction to it and that was when I exceeded the 1\4 tsp (1\8

tspn for the ladies)in 32 ounces of water. I immediately threw it up. I was

fine shortly thereafter. No it did not deter me from continuing as the 1st day

gave me such a positive change. I just keep it at the 1\4 tsp per quart of H2O

and I'm good to go.

:)

Green

> >

> > Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Borax can't be good to ingest... isn't

it boric acid? I put boric acid around some of my plants this year, like tomato

plants and it burned the heck out of them... so live and learn, but borax would

be similar. Could burn the inside of the body.

> >

> >

Guest guest

I do this also. I'm not sure what it does technically, perhaps help with candidasis, or to make me less attractive to mites, or both.. but when I remember to do it, it makes me feel much better..less brain fog.

so, slainte!Noreen

From: sidepull5150 <sidepull5150@...>bird mites Sent: Thu, July 15, 2010 10:57:33 AMSubject: Re: Hello All

I have only had one reaction to it and that was when I exceeded the 1\4 tsp (1\8 tspn for the ladies)in 32 ounces of water. I immediately threw it up. I was fine shortly thereafter. No it did not deter me from continuing as the 1st day gave me such a positive change. I just keep it at the 1\4 tsp per quart of H2O and I'm good to go.:)Green> >> > Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Borax can't be good to ingest... isn't it boric acid? I put boric acid around some of my plants this year, like tomato plants and it burned the heck out of them... so live and learn, but borax would be similar. Could burn the inside of the body.> > > >

Guest guest

I am afraid of it too, BUT I think it is being taken at very low levels, so maybe it would be okay to take. I think sometimes we need to use our gut instinct on these things and if your intuition says "no," then you shouldn't try it. I'd also like to know if the symptoms totally went away for you? I'll keep an open mind about it too. Re: Hello All

So did this make you bug free?? What sort of benifits did you get from this. It still scares me. I use to use borax laundry soap to kill ants. Sugar and borax in water and cotton balls. Does a nice job of killing an entire nest. Also killed pincher bugs. In Light Lynn> > >> > > Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Borax can't be good to ingest... isn't it boric acid? I put boric acid around some of my plants this year, like tomato plants and it burned the heck out of them... so live and learn, but borax would be similar. Could burn the inside of the body.> > > > > > >

Guest guest

Let me be perfectly clear. BORAX IS NOT BORIC ACID. DO NOT INGEST BORIC ACID!!! THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

Please, lets not have ANY mistakes on the ingestion aspects of BORAX versus BORIC ACID!

Frito

From: sidepull5150 <sidepull5150@...>bird mites Sent: Thu, July 15, 2010 12:57:33 PMSubject: Re: Hello All

I have only had one reaction to it and that was when I exceeded the 1\4 tsp (1\8 tspn for the ladies)in 32 ounces of water. I immediately threw it up. I was fine shortly thereafter. No it did not deter me from continuing as the 1st day gave me such a positive change. I just keep it at the 1\4 tsp per quart of H2O and I'm good to go.:)Green> >> > Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Borax can't be good to ingest... isn't it boric acid? I put boric acid around some of my plants this year, like tomato plants and it burned the heck out of them... so live and learn, but borax would be similar. Could burn the inside of the body.> > > >

Guest guest

Lynn,

Just because boric acid is made from Borax, does not mean they are the same thing. Borax is a salt. Boric acid is made from a chemical reaction of Borax with an acid. So although Boric Acid is made from Borax, they are not the same entity. DO NOT EVER INGEST BORIC ACID. And if you are referring to Wikipedia's information, it is inaccurate in its toxicity concerning Boric Acid. Borax has the toxicity of table salt NOT Boric Acid. Boric acid is incredibly toxic if ingested due to the chemical reaction with hypochloric acid!! If Boric Acid is ingested or inhaled over a certain threshold, you may very well invite kidney failure and a whole host of new issues on top of what you already suffer. On top of all that, some of the cheaper pesticidal boric acids some were promoting here when I left the first time are also cut with cobalt and other heavy metals. DO NOT ingest Boric Acid EVER.

Its a freakin pesticide for pete sakes. I want no mistakes on this one by anyone here!! The last thing I want to read from anyone here is just what I have described.

Very concerned about any mistakes on this one and in better health to you all....

Frito

From: Lynn <torpedolynn@...>bird mites Sent: Thu, July 15, 2010 5:46:27 PMSubject: Re: Hello All

Hi FritoWhen I tried to research it online at the bottom of Whikia it said that boric acid is from Borax. Unless I am not understanding that. I had to take a wild guess that they chemically change it somehow to make Borax into Boric Acid. Why does the Borax kill the ants and pincher bugs and does not slowly poison us? I have a hard time reading and understanding things. I am a verbal person. Tell it to me and I can sing it. lol. I have to reread everything over and over hoping to get it right.In Light Lynn> > >> > > Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Borax can't be good to ingest... isn't > >it boric acid? I put boric acid around some of my plants this year, like tomato > >plants and it burned the heck out of them... so live and learn, but borax would > >be similar. Could burn the

inside of the body.> > > > > > >

Guest guest

Who is Pete?

On Fri Jul 16th, 2010 1:30 AM EDT fritolay66 wrote:

>Lynn,

>

>Just because boric acid is made from Borax, does not mean they are the same

>thing.  Borax is a salt.  Boric acid is made from a chemical reaction of Borax

>with an acid.  So although Boric Acid is made from Borax, they are not the same

>entity.  DO NOT EVER INGEST BORIC ACID.  And if you are referring to

Wikipedia's

>information, it is inaccurate in its toxicity concerning Boric Acid.  Borax has

>the toxicity of table salt NOT Boric Acid.  Boric acid is incredibly toxic if

>ingested due to the chemical reaction with hypochloric acid!!  If Boric Acid is

>ingested or inhaled over a certain threshold, you may very well invite kidney

>failure and a whole host of new issues on top of what you already suffer.  On

>top of all that, some of the cheaper pesticidal boric acids some were promoting

>here when I left the first time are also cut with cobalt and other heavy

>metals.  DO NOT ingest Boric Acid EVER.  Its a freakin pesticide for pete

>sakes.  I want no mistakes on this one by anyone here!!  The last thing I want

>to read from anyone here is just what I have described. 

>

>

>Very concerned about any mistakes on this one and in better health to you

>all....

>

>Frito

>

>

>

>

>________________________________

>From: Lynn <torpedolynn@...>

>bird mites

>Sent: Thu, July 15, 2010 5:46:27 PM

>Subject: Re: Hello All

>

>Hi Frito

>

>When I tried to research it online at the bottom of Whikia it said that boric

>acid is from Borax. Unless I am not understanding that. I had to take a wild

>guess that they chemically change it somehow to make Borax into Boric Acid. Why

>does the Borax kill the ants and pincher bugs and does not slowly poison us? I

>have a hard time reading and understanding things. I am a verbal person. Tell

it

>to me and I can sing it. lol. I have to reread everything over and over hoping

>to get it right.

>

>In Light Lynn

>

>

>> > >

>> > > Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Borax can't be good to ingest...

isn't

>>

>> >it boric acid? I put boric acid around some of my plants this year, like

>>tomato

>>

>> >plants and it burned the heck out of them... so live and learn, but borax

>>would

>>

>> >be similar. Could burn the inside of the body.

>> > >

>> > >

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks for clarification Frito. No, I was not inferring that we should use boric acid but glad you clarified this important issue. I hope everyone is also clear about this too, because boric acid could kill you if you ingested it. I learned my lesson with boric acid put around my plants to kill earwigs--it may work, but it also kills plants.I wonder why there are so many warnings about using Borax if it is just a salt - have seen those so many times, especially in bird mite emails and info. Even Hulda said to use caution with Borax, despite using it in clothing and for cleaning in general. Any idea why? Re: Hello All

Hi FritoWhen I tried to research it online at the bottom of Whikia it said that boric acid is from Borax. Unless I am not understanding that. I had to take a wild guess that they chemically change it somehow to make Borax into Boric Acid. Why does the Borax kill the ants and pincher bugs and does not slowly poison us? I have a hard time reading and understanding things. I am a verbal person. Tell it to me and I can sing it. lol. I have to reread everything over and over hoping to get it right.In Light Lynn> > >> > > Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Borax can't be good to ingest... isn't > >it boric acid? I put boric acid around some of my plants this year, like tomato > >plants and it burned the heck out of them... so live and learn, but borax would > >be similar. Could burn theinside of the body.> > > > > > >

Guest guest

You also asked about why it, referring to Borax, kills bugs and not us. First the principal behind Borax use and bugs. Borax is a salt. Salt is a dessicant, meaning a dehydrator. Sucks the moisture out of things. (Think about how salt and a slug react) Now lets talk about the scale of use between bugs and us. How much borax per mass weight of the bug are you using? Quite a large amount in comparison to 1/8 teaspoon to the human body every twenty four hours. So the mass quantitiy of Borax to the bug would be beyond lethal dose to the bug as per body mass weight compared to the human. The bug encounters a literal sea of borax, where as we only encounter a pinch. Bugs respire. They breath in the borax into their respiratory

systems, and the acid breaks down the exoskeleton and interacts with the respiratory organs of the bug, and the salt then sucks the moisture out of the bug from both the exoskeletal exposure and that through the respiratory organs. Not to mention the amount of Borax compared to the tiny body mass of the bug, and death is pretty much a given for the tiny bug.

Frito

From: fritolay66 <fritolay66@...>bird mites Sent: Fri, July 16, 2010 12:30:50 AMSubject: Re: Re: Hello All

Lynn,

Just because boric acid is made from Borax, does not mean they are the same thing. Borax is a salt. Boric acid is made from a chemical reaction of Borax with an acid. So although Boric Acid is made from Borax, they are not the same entity. DO NOT EVER INGEST BORIC ACID. And if you are referring to Wikipedia's information, it is inaccurate in its toxicity concerning Boric Acid. Borax has the toxicity of table salt NOT Boric Acid. Boric acid is incredibly toxic if ingested due to the chemical reaction with hypochloric acid!! If Boric Acid is ingested or inhaled over a certain threshold, you may very well invite kidney failure and a whole host of new issues on top of what you already suffer. On top of all that, some of the cheaper pesticidal boric acids some were promoting here when I left the first time are also cut with cobalt and other heavy metals. DO NOT ingest Boric Acid EVER.

Its a freakin pesticide for pete sakes. I want no mistakes on this one by anyone here!! The last thing I want to read from anyone here is just what I have described.

Very concerned about any mistakes on this one and in better health to you all....

Frito

From: Lynn <torpedolynn>bird mitesSent: Thu, July 15, 2010 5:46:27 PMSubject: Re: Hello All

Hi FritoWhen I tried to research it online at the bottom of Whikia it said that boric acid is from Borax. Unless I am not understanding that. I had to take a wild guess that they chemically change it somehow to make Borax into Boric Acid. Why does the Borax kill the ants and pincher bugs and does not slowly poison us? I have a hard time reading and understanding things. I am a verbal person. Tell it to me and I can sing it. lol. I have to reread everything over and over hoping to get it right.In Light Lynn> > >> > > Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Borax can't be good to ingest... isn't > >it boric acid? I put boric acid around some of my plants this year, like tomato > >plants and it burned the heck out of them... so live and learn, but borax would > >be similar. Could

burn the inside of the body.> > > > > > >

Guest guest

Good one . :) Re: Hello All>> >Hi Frito>>When I tried to research it online at the bottom of Whikia it said that boric >acid is from Borax. Unless I am not understanding that. I had to take a wild >guess that they chemically change it somehow to make Borax into Boric Acid. Why >does the Borax kill the ants and pincher bugs and does not slowly poison us? I >have a hard time reading and understanding things. I am a verbal person. Tell it >to me and I can sing it. lol. I have to reread everything over and over hoping >to get it right.>>In Light Lynn>>>> > >>> > > Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Borax can't be good to ingest... isn't >>>> >it boric acid? I put boric acid around some of my plants this year, like >>tomato >>>> >plants and it burned the heck out of them... so live and learn, but borax >>would >>>> >be similar. Could burn the inside of the body.>> > > >> > > >>>>>>>>

Guest guest

Hahaha!! You are a funny guy. :)*

Frito

From: <danielwalker94949@...>bird mites Sent: Fri, July 16, 2010 12:45:15 AMSubject: Re: Re: Hello All

Who is Pete?On Fri Jul 16th, 2010 1:30 AM EDT fritolay66 wrote:>Lynn,>>Just because boric acid is made from Borax, does not mean they are the same >thing. Borax is a salt. Boric acid is made from a chemical reaction of Borax >with an acid. So although Boric Acid is made from Borax, they are not the same >entity. DO NOT EVER INGEST BORIC ACID. And if you are referring to Wikipedia's >information, it is inaccurate in its toxicity concerning Boric Acid. Borax has >the toxicity of table salt NOT Boric Acid. Boric acid is incredibly toxic if >ingested due to the chemical reaction with hypochloric acid!! If Boric Acid is >ingested or inhaled over a certain threshold, you may very well invite kidney >failure and a whole host of new issues on top of what you already suffer. On >top of all that, some of the

cheaper pesticidal boric acids some were promoting >here when I left the first time are also cut with cobalt and other heavy >metals. DO NOT ingest Boric Acid EVER. Its a freakin pesticide for pete >sakes. I want no mistakes on this one by anyone here!! The last thing I want >to read from anyone here is just what I have described. >>>Very concerned about any mistakes on this one and in better health to you >all....>>Frito>>>>>________________________________>From: Lynn <torpedolynn@...>>bird mites >Sent: Thu, July 15, 2010 5:46:27

PM>Subject: Re: Hello All>> >Hi Frito>>When I tried to research it online at the bottom of Whikia it said that boric >acid is from Borax. Unless I am not understanding that. I had to take a wild >guess that they chemically change it somehow to make Borax into Boric Acid. Why >does the Borax kill the ants and pincher bugs and does not slowly poison us? I >have a hard time reading and understanding things. I am a verbal person. Tell it >to me and I can sing it. lol. I have to reread everything over and over hoping >to get it right.>>In Light Lynn>>>> > >>> > > Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Borax can't be good to ingest... isn't >>>> >it boric acid? I put boric acid around some of my plants this year, like >>tomato >>>> >plants and it burned the heck out of them... so live and learn, but borax >>would >>>> >be similar. Could burn the inside of the body.>> > > >> > > >>>>>>>>

Guest guest

The only way I would use store bought Borax is if the box said 100%. Ted at Earth Clinic recommends pharmecuetical grade. The warnings on the supermarket boxes are because the product is not licsenced for ingestion. That would entail a bunch of legalities and so the warning must exist on the box. If this is truly something one is interested in, please go to the Earth Clinic website and type in the search function Borax treatments. Please read extensively.

I believe the reason why Hulda cautions its use,in which I am also familar, is due to in some countries where it is sold, it can be contaminated with heavy metals. That is why it is so important to follow his recommendations at earthclinic.

Frito

From: "Goldstein@..." <Goldstein@...>bird mites Sent: Fri, July 16, 2010 12:46:16 AMSubject: Re: Re: Hello All

Thanks for clarification Frito. No, I was not inferring that we should use boric acid but glad you clarified this important issue. I hope everyone is also clear about this too, because boric acid could kill you if you ingested it. I learned my lesson with boric acid put around my plants to kill earwigs--it may work, but it also kills plants.I wonder why there are so many warnings about using Borax if it is just a salt - have seen those so many times, especially in bird mite emails and info. Even Hulda said to use caution with Borax, despite using it in clothing and for cleaning in general. Any idea why? Re: Hello All

Hi FritoWhen I tried to research it online at the bottom of Whikia it said that boric acid is from Borax. Unless I am not understanding that. I had to take a wild guess that they chemically change it somehow to make Borax into Boric Acid. Why does the Borax kill the ants and pincher bugs and does not slowly poison us? I have a hard time reading and understanding things. I am a verbal person. Tell it to me and I can sing it. lol. I have to reread everything over and over hoping to get it right.In Light Lynn> > >> > > Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Borax can't be good to ingest... isn't > >it boric acid? I put boric acid around some of my plants this year, like tomato > >plants and it burned the heck out of them... so live and learn, but borax would > >be

similar. Could burn theinside of the body.> > > > > > >

Guest guest

Correction, Borax does not contain acid, where as Boric Acid does!!! Everything posted bleow applies except for the acid inclusion. Please folks, no mistakes on this one. Do not ingest Boric acid.

Frito

From: fritolay66 <fritolay66@...>bird mites Sent: Fri, July 16, 2010 12:51:05 AMSubject: Re: Re: Hello All

You also asked about why it, referring to Borax, kills bugs and not us. First the principal behind Borax use and bugs. Borax is a salt. Salt is a dessicant, meaning a dehydrator. Sucks the moisture out of things. (Think about how salt and a slug react) Now lets talk about the scale of use between bugs and us. How much borax per mass weight of the bug are you using? Quite a large amount in comparison to 1/8 teaspoon to the human body every twenty four hours. So the mass quantitiy of Borax to the bug would be beyond lethal dose to the bug as per body mass weight compared to the human. The bug encounters a literal sea of borax, where as we only encounter a pinch. Bugs respire. They breath in the borax into their respiratory systems, and the acid breaks down the exoskeleton and interacts with the respiratory organs of the bug, and the salt then sucks the moisture out of the bug

from both the exoskeletal exposure and that through the respiratory organs. Not to mention the amount of Borax compared to the tiny body mass of the bug, and death is pretty much a given for the tiny bug.

Frito

From: fritolay66 <fritolay66 (DOT) com>bird mitesSent: Fri, July 16, 2010 12:30:50 AMSubject: Re: Re: Hello All

Lynn,

Frito

From: Lynn <torpedolynn>bird mitesSent: Thu, July 15, 2010 5:46:27 PMSubject: Re: Hello All

Hi FritoWhen I tried to research it online at the bottom of Whikia it said that boric acid is from Borax. Unless I am not understanding that. I had to take a wild guess that they chemically change it somehow to make Borax into Boric Acid. Why does the Borax kill the ants and pincher bugs and does not slowly poison us? I have a hard time reading and understanding things. I am a verbal person. Tell it to me and I can sing it. lol. I have to reread everything over and over hoping to get it right.In Light Lynn> > >> > > Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Borax can't be good to ingest... isn't > >it boric acid? I put boric acid around some of my plants this year, like tomato > >plants and it burned the heck out of them... so live and learn, but borax would > >be similar. Could

burn the inside of the body.> > > > > > >

Guest guest

Still smiling and just had to do this again..... :)*

From: fritolay66 <fritolay66@...>bird mites Sent: Fri, July 16, 2010 12:52:46 AMSubject: Re: Re: Hello All

Hahaha!! You are a funny guy. :)*

Frito

From: <danielwalker94949>bird mitesSent: Fri, July 16, 2010 12:45:15 AMSubject: Re: Re: Hello All

Who is Pete?On Fri Jul 16th, 2010 1:30 AM EDT fritolay66 wrote:>Lynn,>>Just because boric acid is made from Borax, does not mean they are the same >thing. Borax is a salt. Boric acid is made from a chemical reaction of Borax >with an acid. So although Boric Acid is made from Borax, they are not the same >entity. DO NOT EVER INGEST BORIC ACID. And if you are referring to Wikipedia's >information, it is inaccurate in its toxicity concerning Boric Acid. Borax has >the toxicity of table salt NOT Boric Acid. Boric acid is incredibly toxic if >ingested due to the chemical reaction with hypochloric acid!! If Boric Acid is >ingested or inhaled over a certain threshold, you may very well invite kidney >failure and a whole host of new issues on top of what you already suffer. On >top of all that, some of the

cheaper pesticidal boric acids some were promoting >here when I left the first time are also cut with cobalt and other heavy >metals. DO NOT ingest Boric Acid EVER. Its a freakin pesticide for pete >sakes. I want no mistakes on this one by anyone here!! The last thing I want >to read from anyone here is just what I have described. >>>Very concerned about any mistakes on this one and in better health to you >all....>>Frito>>>>>____________ _________ _________ __>From: Lynn <torpedolynn>>bird mites>Sent: Thu, July 15, 2010

5:46:27 PM>Subject: Re: Hello All>> >Hi Frito>>When I tried to research it online at the bottom of Whikia it said that boric >acid is from Borax. Unless I am not understanding that. I had to take a wild >guess that they chemically change it somehow to make Borax into Boric Acid. Why >does the Borax kill the ants and pincher bugs and does not slowly poison us? I >have a hard time reading and understanding things. I am a verbal person. Tell it >to me and I can sing it. lol. I have to reread everything over and over hoping >to get it right.>>In Light Lynn>>>> > >>> > > Yes, I was wondering the same thing. Borax can't be good to ingest... isn't >>>> >it boric acid? I put boric acid around some of my plants this year, like >>tomato >>>> >plants and it burned the heck out of them... so live and learn, but borax >>would >>>> >be similar. Could burn the inside of the body.>> > > >> > > >>>>>>>>