RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

viral load

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome to the group Jan,, Im sure you will find lots of great folks here to help you!JAN DEXTER <jan_dxtr@...> wrote: Thanks for letting join your group, am sure you will be a big help, Also belong to the cholesterol group as my cholesterol was out of wack but after some great suggestions my numbers are now great,In 1992 was told I had the antibodies for non a non b hepatitis, and who knows when I contracted it, and have no syptoms for the past 16 years and have no symptoms now, yet did have a Hepatitis panel done and

was positive for Hep C, okay, my bilirubin for as long as I can remember has always been 1.0 1.2 still no symptoms, no malaise, no jaundice, nothing, so the Dr calls and says my viral load is high and wants me to see a gastroenterologist, okay, no problem, not really too worried, who knows how long it has been elevated, my triglycerides were 1305 criticall high and who knows how long they were at those levels, now they are at 172 and going lower through proper diet and exercise, so still not that worried about the elevated viral load, am a nurse just too familiar with Hep c years ago cut out all alcohol and all tylenol just to be safe, any body have any thought would surely appreciate them thanks jan dexter am 59 year white male, 195 lbs, ravishing apetite, no jaundice and no pain in the belly, go figure Jackie

Guest guest

Hi Jan, I am Janet,one of the owner/moderators here. You have already received emails from Jackie, Sheena the other owners/moderators here. Hep B and C. That is not uncommon among us folks with the hep virus. You mentioned your appetitite, that just might be a good thing. I don't know how tall you are but 192 lbs is not a bad weight if you are average height for a man. Jan, remember with Hepatitis C or B, you should never ever drink alcohol. It increases the virus load and does damage to the liver more quickly than those without the virus. That lecture over. LOL You will find here at our group that we are on top of the game, and if you have ask questions we will find a solution for you. We have the best moderators and members

throughout the internet. I am not kidding you. Many of the doctors that treat Hep C, and the other Hepatitis have heard and recommend our group as a place to go to find answers. We answer the questions in layman's terms so that they are easy to understand to the non-medical person. Many of our members here have become such a powerful part of the research and have helped others in so many ways. We have folks on the transplant list, caregivers, family and friends. So nothing is beyond our grasp to help you. Oh by the way anne has a caregivers group that if you have a mate that would like to join. I am sure she will post the link. Well that is about all my feeble mind can think of trying to Welcome you. Welcome friend you are among folks who care. Love JanetJAN DEXTER <jan_dxtr@...> wrote: Thanks for letting join your group, am sure you will be a big help, Also belong to the cholesterol group as my cholesterol was out of wack but after some great suggestions my numbers are now great,In 1992 was told I had the antibodies for non a non b hepatitis, and who knows when I contracted it, and have no syptoms for the past 16 years and have no symptoms now, yet did have a Hepatitis panel done and was positive for Hep C, okay, my bilirubin for as long as I

can remember has always been 1.0 1.2 still no symptoms, no malaise, no jaundice, nothing, so the Dr calls and says my viral load is high and wants me to see a gastroenterologist, okay, no problem, not really too worried, who knows how long it has been elevated, my triglycerides were 1305 criticall high and who knows how long they were at those levels, now they are at 172 and going lower through proper diet and exercise, so still not that worried about the elevated viral load, am a nurse just too familiar with Hep c years ago cut out all alcohol and all tylenol just to be safe, any body have any thought would surely appreciate them thanks jan dexter am 59 year white male, 195 lbs, ravishing apetite, no jaundice and no pain in the belly, go figure It

is a beautiful day, go out and enjoy it.

Guest guest

Dang my hepper brain. I forgot to tell you that Liz is our head researcher here. She works so hard to get us the best and most informative information for the group. You will find that she is a wonder at research. We love her bunches. And her sense of humor is not bad either. LOL Love JanetJanet <doc_jade@...> wrote: Hi Jan, I am Janet,one of the owner/moderators here. You have already received emails from Jackie, Sheena the other owners/moderators here. Hep B and C. That is not uncommon among us folks with the hep virus. You mentioned your appetitite, that just might be a good thing. I don't know how tall you are but 192 lbs is not a bad weight if you are average height for a man. Jan, remember with Hepatitis C or B, you should never ever drink alcohol. It increases the virus load and does damage to the liver more quickly than those without the virus. That lecture over. LOL You will find here at our group that we are on top of the game, and if you have ask questions we will find a solution for you. We have the best moderators and members throughout the internet. I am not kidding you.

Many of the doctors that treat Hep C, and the other Hepatitis have heard and recommend our group as a place to go to find answers. We answer the questions in layman's terms so that they are easy to understand to the non-medical person. Many of our members here have become such a powerful part of the research and have helped others in so many ways. We have folks on the transplant list, caregivers, family and friends. So nothing is beyond our grasp to help you. Oh by the way anne has a caregivers group that if you have a mate that would like to join. I am sure she will post the link. Well that is about all my feeble mind can think of trying to Welcome you. Welcome friend you are among folks who care. Love JanetJAN DEXTER

<jan_dxtr > wrote: Thanks for letting join your group, am sure you will be a big help, Also belong to the cholesterol group as my cholesterol was out of wack but after some great suggestions my numbers are now great,In 1992 was told I had the antibodies for non a non b hepatitis, and who knows when I contracted it, and have no syptoms for the past 16 years and have no symptoms now, yet did have a Hepatitis panel done and was positive for Hep C, okay, my bilirubin for as long as I can remember has always been 1.0 1.2 still no symptoms, no malaise, no jaundice, nothing, so the Dr calls and says my viral load is high and wants me to see a gastroenterologist, okay, no problem, not really too worried, who knows how long it has been elevated, my triglycerides were 1305 criticall high and who knows how long they

were at those levels, now they are at 172 and going lower through proper diet and exercise, so still not that worried about the elevated viral load, am a nurse just too familiar with Hep c years ago cut out all alcohol and all tylenol just to be safe, any body have any thought would surely appreciate them thanks jan dexter am 59 year white male, 195 lbs, ravishing apetite, no jaundice and no pain in the belly, go figure It is a beautiful day, go out and enjoy it. It

is a beautiful day, go out and enjoy it.

Guest guest

Hi there; thanks for the kind reply, Have been suspicious of this for many years but have always been asymptomatic, nothing at all, About six weeks ago started taking triglide and medicne to lower our triglycerides mine were 1305 terrible, then after six weeks they are at 173 and getting better, my alt at the beginnieng was 33 then after six weeks went to 44, wonder if triglide can mess with your liver tests, think I am sort of fishing right now, and of course am a nurse but don't know that much about livers, no pain, no malaise, no joint pain, feel great, have a ultrasound of the abdomen for in the am and a pot full of blood work, here's hoping, Again, it is a privledge to belong to your group also belong to the cholesterol group and they are full of great suggestions, hugs janJanet <doc_jade@...> wrote: Dang my hepper brain. I forgot to tell you that Liz is our head researcher here. She works so hard to get us the best and most informative information for the group. You will find that she is a wonder at research. We love her bunches. And her sense of humor is not bad either. LOL Love JanetJanet <doc_jade > wrote: Hi Jan, I am Janet,one of the owner/moderators here. You have already received emails from Jackie, Sheena the other owners/moderators here. Hep B and C. That is not uncommon among us folks with the hep virus. You mentioned your appetitite, that just might be a good thing. I don't know how tall you are but 192 lbs is not a bad weight if you are average height for a man. Jan, remember with Hepatitis C or B, you should never ever drink alcohol. It increases the virus load and does damage to the liver more quickly than those without the virus. That lecture over. LOL You will find here at our group that we are on top of the game, and if you have ask questions we will find a solution for you. We have the

best moderators and members throughout the internet. I am not kidding you. Many of the doctors that treat Hep C, and the other Hepatitis have heard and recommend our group as a place to go to find answers. We answer the questions in layman's terms so that they are easy to understand to the non-medical person. Many of our members here have become such a powerful part of the research and have helped others in so many ways. We have folks on the transplant list, caregivers, family and friends. So nothing is beyond our grasp to help you. Oh by the way anne has a caregivers group that if you have a mate that would like to join. I am sure she will post the link. Well that is about all my feeble mind can think of trying to Welcome you. Welcome friend you are among folks who care. Love JanetJAN DEXTER <jan_dxtr > wrote: Thanks for letting join your group, am sure you will be a big help, Also belong to the cholesterol group as my cholesterol was out of wack but after some great suggestions my numbers are now great,In 1992 was told I had the antibodies for non a non b hepatitis, and who knows when I contracted it, and have no syptoms for the past 16 years and have no symptoms now, yet did have a Hepatitis panel done and was positive for Hep C, okay, my bilirubin for as long as I can remember has always been 1.0 1.2 still no symptoms, no malaise, no jaundice, nothing, so the Dr calls and says my viral load is high and wants me to see a gastroenterologist, okay, no problem, not really too worried, who knows how long it has been

elevated, my triglycerides were 1305 criticall high and who knows how long they were at those levels, now they are at 172 and going lower through proper diet and exercise, so still not that worried about the elevated viral load, am a nurse just too familiar with Hep c years ago cut out all alcohol and all tylenol just to be safe, any body have any thought would surely appreciate them thanks jan dexter am 59 year white male, 195 lbs, ravishing apetite, no jaundice and no pain in the belly, go figure It is a beautiful day, go out and enjoy it. It is a beautiful day, go out and enjoy it.

Got a little couch potato?

Check out fun summer activities for kids.

Guest guest

I am sorry I didn't say welcome to the group also Jan ! Yesterday was just so busy I forgot my manners , sorry and welcome to the group !

Re: viral load

Dang my hepper brain.

I forgot to tell you that Liz is our head researcher here. She works so hard to get us the best and most informative information for the group.

You will find that she is a wonder at research. We love her bunches.

And her sense of humor is not bad either. LOL

Love

JanetJanet <doc_jade > wrote:

Hi Jan,

I am Janet,one of the owner/moderators here. You have already received emails from Jackie, Sheena the other owners/moderators here.

Hep B and C. That is not uncommon among us folks with the hep virus.

You mentioned your appetitite, that just might be a good thing. I don't know how tall you are but 192 lbs is not a bad weight if you are average height for a man.

Jan, remember with Hepatitis C or B, you should never ever drink alcohol.

It increases the virus load and does damage to the liver more quickly than those without the virus.

That lecture over. LOL

You will find here at our group that we are on top of the game, and if you have ask questions we will find a solution for you. We have the best moderators and members throughout the internet. I am not kidding you. Many of the doctors that treat Hep C, and the other Hepatitis have heard and recommend our group as a place to go to find answers. We answer the questions in layman's terms so that they are easy to understand to the non-medical person.

Many of our members here have become such a powerful part of the research and have helped others in so many ways.

We have folks on the transplant list, caregivers, family and friends. So nothing is beyond our grasp to help you.

Oh by the way anne has a caregivers group that if you have a mate that would like to join. I am sure she will post the link.

Well that is about all my feeble mind can think of trying to Welcome you.

Welcome friend you are among folks who care.

Love

JanetJAN DEXTER <jan_dxtr > wrote:

Thanks for letting join your group, am sure you will be a big help, Also belong to the cholesterol group as my cholesterol was out of wack but after some great suggestions my numbers are now great,In 1992 was told I had the antibodies for non a non b hepatitis, and who knows when I contracted it, and have no syptoms for the past 16 years and have no symptoms now, yet did have a Hepatitis panel done and was positive for Hep C, okay, my bilirubin for as long as I can remember has always been 1.0 1.2 still no symptoms, no malaise, no jaundice, nothing, so the Dr calls and says my viral load is high and wants me to see a gastroenterologist, okay, no problem, not really too worried, who knows how long it has been elevated, my triglycerides were 1305 criticall high and who knows how long they were at those levels, now they are at 172 and going lower through proper diet and exercise, so still not that worried about the elevated viral load, am a nurse just too familiar with Hep c years ago cut out all alcohol and all tylenol just to be safe, any body have any thought would surely appreciate them thanks jan dexter am 59 year white male, 195 lbs, ravishing apetite, no jaundice and no pain in the belly, go figure

It is a beautiful day, go out and enjoy it.

Guest guest

The meds that lower triglycerides can also be harmful to the liver , so your liver may be responding to the meds .It is something you should discuss with the prescribing doctor .

Hi there; thanks for the kind reply,

Have been suspicious of this for many years but have always been asymptomatic, nothing at all,

About six weeks ago started taking triglide and medicne to lower our triglycerides mine were 1305 terrible, then after six weeks they are at 173 and getting better, my alt at the beginnieng was 33 then after six weeks went to 44, wonder if triglide can mess with your liver tests, think I am sort of fishing right now, and of course am a nurse but don't know that much about livers, no pain, no malaise, no joint pain, feel great, have a ultrasound of the abdomen for in the am and a pot full of blood work, here's hoping,

Again, it is a privledge to belong to your group also belong to the cholesterol group and they are full of great suggestions, hugs janJanet <doc_jade > wrote:

Dang my hepper brain.

I forgot to tell you that Liz is our head researcher here. She works so hard to get us the best and most informative information for the group.

Love

Hi Jan,

I am Janet,one of the owner/moderators here. You have already received emails from Jackie, Sheena the other owners/moderators here.

You mentioned your appetitite, that just might be a good thing. I don't know how tall you are but 192 lbs is not a bad weight if you are average height for a man.

It increases the virus load and does damage to the liver more quickly than those without the virus.

That lecture over. LOL

You will find here at our group that we are on top of the game, and if you have ask questions we will find a solution for you. We have the best moderators and members throughout the internet. I am not kidding you. Many of the doctors that treat Hep C, and the other Hepatitis have heard and recommend our group as a place to go to find answers. We answer the questions in layman's terms so that they are easy to understand to the non-medical person.

Many of our members here have become such a powerful part of the research and have helped others in so many ways.

We have folks on the transplant list, caregivers, family and friends. So nothing is beyond our grasp to help you.

Oh by the way anne has a caregivers group that if you have a mate that would like to join. I am sure she will post the link.

Love

Thanks for letting join your group, am sure you will be a big help, Also belong to the cholesterol group as my cholesterol was out of wack but after some great suggestions my numbers are now great,In 1992 was told I had the antibodies for non a non b hepatitis, and who knows when I contracted it, and have no syptoms for the past 16 years and have no symptoms now, yet did have a Hepatitis panel done and was positive for Hep C, okay, my bilirubin for as long as I can remember has always been 1.0 1.2 still no symptoms, no malaise, no jaundice, nothing, so the Dr calls and says my viral load is high and wants me to see a gastroenterologist, okay, no problem, not really too worried, who knows how long it has been elevated, my triglycerides were 1305 criticall high and who knows how long they were at those levels, now they are at 172 and going lower through proper diet and exercise, so still not that worried about the elevated viral load, am a nurse just too familiar with Hep c years ago cut out all alcohol and all tylenol just to be safe, any body have any thought would surely appreciate them thanks jan dexter am 59 year white male, 195 lbs, ravishing apetite, no jaundice and no pain in the belly, go figure

Got a little couch potato? Check out fun summer activities for kids.

Guest guest

FIBER will help chol and tri's..I have lowered both of mine with natural supplements and fiber,, Im sure your chol group will help you.. I refuse to take a statin because of my liverjan dexter <jan_dxtr@...> wrote: Hi there; thanks for the kind reply, Have been suspicious of this for many years but have always been asymptomatic, nothing at all, About six weeks ago started taking triglide and medicne to lower our triglycerides mine were 1305 terrible, then after six weeks they are at 173 and getting

better, my alt at the beginnieng was 33 then after six weeks went to 44, wonder if triglide can mess with your liver tests, think I am sort of fishing right now, and of course am a nurse but don't know that much about livers, no pain, no malaise, no joint pain, feel great, have a ultrasound of the abdomen for in the am and a pot full of blood work, here's hoping, Again, it is a privledge to belong to your group also belong to the cholesterol group and they are full of great suggestions, hugs janJanet <doc_jade > wrote: Dang my hepper brain. I forgot to tell you that Liz is our head researcher here. She works so hard to get us the best and most informative information for the group. You will find

that she is a wonder at research. We love her bunches. And her sense of humor is not bad either. LOL Love JanetJanet <doc_jade > wrote: Hi Jan, I am Janet,one of the owner/moderators here. You have already received emails from Jackie, Sheena the other owners/moderators here. Hep B and C. That is not uncommon among us folks with the hep virus. You mentioned your appetitite, that just might be a good thing. I don't know how tall you are but 192 lbs is not a bad weight if you are average height for a man. Jan, remember with Hepatitis C or B, you should never ever drink alcohol. It increases the virus load and does damage to the liver more quickly than those without the virus. That lecture over. LOL You will find here at our group that we are on top of the game, and if you have ask questions we will find a solution for you. We have the best moderators and members throughout the internet. I am not kidding you. Many of the doctors that treat Hep C, and the other Hepatitis have heard and recommend our group as a place to go to find answers. We answer the questions in layman's terms so that they are easy to understand to the non-medical person. Many of our members here have become such a powerful part of the research and have helped others in so many ways. We have folks on the transplant list, caregivers, family and friends. So nothing is beyond our grasp to help you. Oh by

the way anne has a caregivers group that if you have a mate that would like to join. I am sure she will post the link. Well that is about all my feeble mind can think of trying to Welcome you. Welcome friend you are among folks who care. Love JanetJAN DEXTER <jan_dxtr > wrote: Thanks for letting join your group, am sure you will be a big help, Also belong to the cholesterol group as my cholesterol was out of wack but after some great suggestions my numbers are now great,In 1992 was told I had the antibodies for non a non b hepatitis, and who knows when I contracted it, and have no syptoms for the past 16 years and have no symptoms now, yet did have a Hepatitis panel done and

was positive for Hep C, okay, my bilirubin for as long as I can remember has always been 1.0 1.2 still no symptoms, no malaise, no jaundice, nothing, so the Dr calls and says my viral load is high and wants me to see a gastroenterologist, okay, no problem, not really too worried, who knows how long it has been elevated, my triglycerides were 1305 criticall high and who knows how long they were at those levels, now they are at 172 and going lower through proper diet and exercise, so still not that worried about the elevated viral load, am a nurse just too familiar with Hep c years ago cut out all alcohol and all tylenol just to be safe, any body have any thought would surely appreciate them thanks jan dexter am 59 year white male, 195 lbs, ravishing apetite, no jaundice and no pain in the belly, go figure It is a beautiful day, go out and enjoy it. It is a beautiful day, go out and enjoy it. Got a little couch potato? Check out fun summer activities for kids. Jackie

Guest guest

thats what I said liz,, I REFUSE to take statins,, elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1@...> wrote: The meds that lower triglycerides can also be harmful to the liver , so your liver may be responding to the meds .It is something you should discuss with the prescribing doctor . Re: viral load Hi there; thanks for the kind reply, Have been suspicious of this for many years but have always been asymptomatic, nothing at all, About six weeks ago started taking triglide and medicne to lower our triglycerides mine were 1305 terrible, then after six weeks they are at 173 and getting better, my alt at the beginnieng was 33 then after six weeks went to 44, wonder if triglide can mess with your liver tests, think I am sort of fishing right now, and of

course am a nurse but don't know that much about livers, no pain, no malaise, no joint pain, feel great, have a ultrasound of the abdomen for in the am and a pot full of blood work, here's hoping, Again, it is a privledge to belong to your group also belong to the cholesterol group and they are full of great suggestions, hugs janJanet <doc_jade > wrote: Dang my hepper brain. I forgot to tell you that Liz is our head researcher here. She works so hard to get us the best and most informative information for the group. You will find that she is a wonder at research. We love her bunches. And her sense of humor is not bad either. LOL Love JanetJanet <doc_jade > wrote: Hi Jan, I am Janet,one of the owner/moderators here. You have already received emails from Jackie, Sheena the other owners/moderators here. Hep B and C. That is not uncommon among us folks with the hep virus. You mentioned your appetitite, that just might be a good thing. I don't know how tall you are but 192 lbs is not a bad weight if you are average height for a man. Jan, remember with Hepatitis C or B, you should never ever drink alcohol. It increases the virus load and does damage to the liver more quickly than those without the virus. That lecture over.

LOL You will find here at our group that we are on top of the game, and if you have ask questions we will find a solution for you. We have the best moderators and members throughout the internet. I am not kidding you. Many of the doctors that treat Hep C, and the other Hepatitis have heard and recommend our group as a place to go to find answers. We answer the questions in layman's terms so that they are easy to understand to the non-medical person. Many of our members here have become such a powerful part of the research and have helped others in so many ways. We have folks on the transplant list, caregivers, family and friends. So nothing is beyond our grasp to help you. Oh by the way anne has a caregivers group that if you have a mate that would like to join. I am sure she will post the link. Well that is

about all my feeble mind can think of trying to Welcome you. Welcome friend you are among folks who care. Love JanetJAN DEXTER <jan_dxtr > wrote: Thanks for letting join your group, am sure you will be a big help, Also belong to the cholesterol group as my cholesterol was out of wack but after some great suggestions my numbers are now great,In 1992 was told I had the antibodies for non a non b hepatitis, and who knows when I contracted it, and have no syptoms for the past 16 years and have no symptoms now, yet did have a Hepatitis panel done and was positive for Hep C, okay, my bilirubin for as long as I can remember has always been 1.0 1.2 still no symptoms, no malaise, no jaundice, nothing, so the Dr

calls and says my viral load is high and wants me to see a gastroenterologist, okay, no problem, not really too worried, who knows how long it has been elevated, my triglycerides were 1305 criticall high and who knows how long they were at those levels, now they are at 172 and going lower through proper diet and exercise, so still not that worried about the elevated viral load, am a nurse just too familiar with Hep c years ago cut out all alcohol and all tylenol just to be safe, any body have any thought would surely appreciate them thanks jan dexter am 59 year white male, 195 lbs, ravishing apetite, no jaundice and no pain in the belly, go figure It is a beautiful day, go out and enjoy it. It is a beautiful day, go out and enjoy it. Got a little couch potato? Check out fun summer activities for kids. Jackie

Guest guest

You have me a bit worried now. After my heart attack and bypass have to

take Lipitor (atorvastatin) for the rest of my life.

Danny

Jackie on wrote:

thats what I said liz,, I REFUSE to take statins,,

elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net>

wrote:

The meds that lower triglycerides

can also be harmful to the liver , so your liver may be responding to

the meds .It is something you should discuss with the prescribing

doctor .

-----

Original Message -----

jan dexter

To:

Hepatitis C

Sent:

Wednesday, September 26,2007 2:31 PM

Subject:

Have been suspicious of this for many years but have always

been asymptomatic, nothing at all,

About six weeks ago started taking triglide and medicne to

lower our triglycerides mine were 1305 terrible, then after six weeks

they are at 173 and getting better, my alt at the beginnieng was 33

then after six weeks went to 44, wonder if triglide can mess with your

liver tests, think I am sort of fishing right now, and of course am a

nurse but don't know that much about livers, no pain, no malaise, no

joint pain, feel great, have a ultrasound of the abdomen for in the am

and a pot full of blood work, here's hoping,

Again, it is a privledge to belong to your group also belong

to the cholesterol group and they are full of great suggestions, hugs

jan

Janet <doc_jade > wrote:

Dang my hepper brain.

I forgot to tell you that Liz is our head

researcher here. She works so hard to get us the best and most

informative information for the group.

You will find that she is a wonder at

research. We love her bunches.

And her sense of humor is not bad either.

LOL

Love

Janet

Janet <doc_jade > wrote:

Hi Jan,

I am Janet,one of the owner/moderators

here. You have already received emails from Jackie, Sheena the other

owners/moderators here.

Hep B and C. That is not uncommon among

us folks with the hep virus.

You mentioned your appetitite, that just

might be a good thing. I don't know how tall you are but 192 lbs is not

a bad weight if you are average height for a man.

Jan, remember with Hepatitis C or B, you

should never ever drink alcohol.

It increases the virus load and does

damage to the liver more quickly than those without the virus.

That lecture over. LOL

You will find here at our group that we

are on top of the game, and if you have ask questions we will find a

solution for you. We have the best moderators and members throughout

the internet. I am not kidding you. Many of the doctors that treat Hep

C, and the other Hepatitis have heard and recommend our group as a

place to go to find answers. We answer the questions in layman's terms

so that they are easy to understand to the non-medical person.

Many of our members here have become such

a powerful part of the research and have helped others in so many ways.

We have folks on the transplant list,

caregivers, family and friends. So nothing is beyond our grasp to help

you.

Oh by the way anne has a caregivers

group that if you have a mate that would like to join. I am sure she

will post the link.

Well that is about all my feeble mind can

think of trying to Welcome you.

Welcome friend you are among folks who

care.

Love

Janet

JAN DEXTER <jan_dxtr >

wrote:

Thanks for letting join your group, am sure you will

be a big help,

Also belong to the cholesterol group as my cholesterol was out of wack

but after some great suggestions my numbers are now great,

In 1992 was told I had the antibodies for non a non b hepatitis, and

who knows when I contracted it, and have no syptoms for the past 16

years and have no symptoms now, yet did have a Hepatitis panel done and

was positive for Hep C, okay, my bilirubin for as long as I can

remember has always been 1.0 1.2 still no symptoms, no malaise, no

jaundice, nothing, so the Dr calls and says my viral load is high and

wants me to see a gastroenterologist, okay, no problem, not really too

worried, who knows how long it has been elevated, my triglycerides

were 1305 criticall high and who knows how long they were at those

levels, now they are at 172 and going lower through proper diet and

exercise, so still not that worried about the elevated viral load, am a

nurse just too familiar with Hep c years ago cut out all alcohol and

all tylenol just to be safe, any body have any thought would surely

appreciate them thanks jan dexter

am 59 year white male, 195 lbs, ravishing apetite, no jaundice and no

pain in the belly, go figure

Got a little couch potato?

Check out fun summer

activities for kids.

Jackie

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.13.30/1030 - Release Date: 9/25/2007 8:02 AM

Guest guest

well Im sure your doc is following your lft's closely,, but the problem is that liver damage doesnt always show until its almost too late.. but you have to weight the benefit vs risk and with heart issues, your heart issue may be more important than long term liver damage.. I'd ask your doc about BiosLife2 which is in his PDR and Cholest-off, and red rice yeast, I have been taking them and my chol and tri's have dropped significantly.. but I dont have heart issues tho,, as I said, its all about risk vs benefit..DT <dannytodd@...> wrote: You have me a bit worried now. After my heart attack and bypass have to take Lipitor (atorvastatin) for the rest of my life.DannyJackie on wrote: thats what I said liz,, I REFUSE to take statins,, elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: The meds that lower triglycerides can also be harmful to the liver , so your liver may be responding to the meds .It is something you should discuss with the prescribing doctor . Re: viral load Hi there; thanks for the kind reply, Have been suspicious of this for many years but have always been asymptomatic, nothing at all, About six weeks ago started taking triglide and medicne to lower our triglycerides mine were 1305 terrible, then after six weeks they are at 173 and getting better, my alt at the beginnieng was 33 then after six weeks went to 44, wonder if triglide can mess with your liver tests, think I am sort of fishing right now, and of course am a nurse but don't know that much about livers, no pain, no malaise, no joint pain, feel great, have a ultrasound of the abdomen for in the am and a pot full of blood work, here's hoping, Again, it is a privledge to belong to your group also belong to the cholesterol group and they

are full of great suggestions, hugs janJanet <doc_jade > wrote: Dang my hepper brain. I forgot to tell you that Liz is our head researcher here. She works so hard to get us the best and most informative information for the group. You will find that she is a wonder at research. We love her bunches. And her sense of humor is not bad either. LOL Love JanetJanet <doc_jade > wrote: Hi Jan, I am Janet,one of the owner/moderators here. You have

already received emails from Jackie, Sheena the other owners/moderators here. Hep B and C. That is not uncommon among us folks with the hep virus. You mentioned your appetitite, that just might be a good thing. I don't know how tall you are but 192 lbs is not a bad weight if you are average height for a man. Jan, remember with Hepatitis C or B, you should never ever drink alcohol. It increases the virus load and does damage to the liver more quickly than those without the virus. That lecture over. LOL You will find here at our group that we are on top of the game, and if you have ask questions we will find a solution for you. We have the best moderators and members throughout the internet. I am not kidding you. Many of the doctors that treat Hep C, and the other Hepatitis have heard

and recommend our group as a place to go to find answers. We answer the questions in layman's terms so that they are easy to understand to the non-medical person. Many of our members here have become such a powerful part of the research and have helped others in so many ways. We have folks on the transplant list, caregivers, family and friends. So nothing is beyond our grasp to help you. Oh by the way anne has a caregivers group that if you have a mate that would like to join. I am sure she will post the link. Well that is about all my feeble mind can think of trying to Welcome you. Welcome friend you are among folks who care. Love JanetJAN DEXTER <jan_dxtr > wrote: Thanks for letting join your group, am sure you will be a big help, Also belong to the cholesterol group as my cholesterol was out of wack but after some great suggestions my numbers are now great,In 1992 was told I had the antibodies for non a non b hepatitis, and who knows when I contracted it, and have no syptoms for the past 16 years and have no symptoms now, yet did have a Hepatitis panel done and was positive for Hep C, okay, my bilirubin for as long as I can remember has always been 1.0 1.2 still no symptoms, no malaise, no jaundice, nothing, so the Dr calls and says my viral load is high and wants me to see a gastroenterologist, okay, no problem, not really too worried, who knows how long it has been elevated, my triglycerides were 1305 criticall high and who knows how long they were at those levels, now they are at 172 and going lower through

proper diet and exercise, so still not that worried about the elevated viral load, am a nurse just too familiar with Hep c years ago cut out all alcohol and all tylenol just to be safe, any body have any thought would surely appreciate them thanks jan dexter am 59 year white male, 195 lbs, ravishing apetite, no jaundice and no pain in the belly, go figure It is a beautiful day, go out and enjoy it. It is a beautiful day, go out and enjoy it. Got a little couch potato? Check out fun summer activities for kids. Jackie No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.13.30/1030 - Release Date: 9/25/2007 8:02 AM Jackie

Guest guest

Danny,

Are you under the care of a Gastro specialist? Might be a good idea to run Lipitor by him/her just to ease your mind.

Luv

anne

Have been suspicious of this for many years but have always been asymptomatic, nothing at all,

About six weeks ago started taking triglide and medicne to lower our triglycerides mine were 1305 terrible, then after six weeks they are at 173 and getting better, my alt at the beginnieng was 33 then after six weeks went to 44, wonder if triglide can mess with your liver tests, think I am sort of fishing right now, and of course am a nurse but don't know that much about livers, no pain, no malaise, no joint pain, feel great, have a ultrasound of the abdomen for in the am and a pot full of blood work, here's hoping,

Again, it is a privledge to belong to your group also belong to the cholesterol group and they are full of great suggestions, hugs janJanet <doc_jade > wrote:

Dang my hepper brain.

Love

Hi Jan,

That lecture over. LOL

Love

Got a little couch potato? Check out fun summer activities for kids. Jackie

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.13.30/1030 - Release Date: 9/25/2007 8:02 AM

Guest guest

WelChol is different from many cholesterol drugs. It is nonsystemic, which means it isn't absorbed by your body so it doesn't pass through your kidneys or liver.

From: Hepatitis C [mailto:Hepatitis C ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 11:39 PMHepatitis C Subject: RE: viral load

Ill have to look that one up,, I have never heard of anything that doesnt go through the liver, especially something for Chol as its the liver that makes it... Lynne Dunham <lynnefamilyszabo> wrote:

There are triglycerides medication that can be prescribe that don't go thru your liver. I believe Welchol is one of them.

From: Hepatitis C [mailto:Hepatitis C ] On Behalf Of DTSent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:53 PMHepatitis C Subject: Re: viral load

You have me a bit worried now. After my heart attack and bypass have to take Lipitor (atorvastatin) for the rest of my life.DannyJackie on wrote:

thats what I said liz,, I REFUSE to take statins,, elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

The meds that lower triglycerides can also be harmful to the liver , so your liver may be responding to the meds .It is something you should discuss with the prescribing doctor .

Dang my hepper brain.

Love

Hi Jan,

That lecture over. LOL

Love

Got a little couch potato? Check out fun summer activities for kids. Jackie No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.13.30/1030 - Release Date: 9/25/2007 8:02 AM

Jackie

Guest guest

I am still on the Welchol but just added a statin to the mix because my Chol. wasn't going down. :( Been thru the treatments and cleared for 2 years now, so hopefully this won't cause any flare ups, have to be retested in 3 months.

From: Hepatitis C [mailto:Hepatitis C ] On Behalf Of Jurydoctor@...Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 9:29 AMHepatitis C Subject: viral load

I am on zetia, which does not go thru the liver.

amy

In a message dated 9/28/2007 5:31:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Hepatitis C writes:

viral load Posted by: "Jackie on" redjaxjm redjaxjm Date: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:38 pm ((PDT))Ill have to look that one up,, I have never heard of anything that doesnt go through the liver, especially something for Chol as its the liver that makes it... Lynne Dunham <lynnefamilyszabo> wrote: There are triglycerides medication that can be prescribe that don't go thru your liver. I believe Welchol is one of them.

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Guest guest

well Lynne, if your liver is still mostly healthy, it probably will be ok,, I dont think there are any cases of statins causing relapse if that is what you mean,, its just that statins inhibit the liver from doing what its designed to do,, and thats make cholesterol in addition to may other things.. as long as your doc keeps a close watch on you, you should be ok.. Lynne Dunham <lynne@...> wrote: I am still on the Welchol but just added a

statin to the mix because my Chol. wasn't going down. :( Been thru the treatments and cleared for 2 years now, so hopefully this won't cause any flare ups, have to be retested in 3 months. From: Hepatitis C [mailto:Hepatitis C ] On Behalf Of JurydoctoraolSent: Friday, September 28, 2007 9:29 AMHepatitis C Subject: viral load I am on zetia, which does not go thru the liver. amy In a message dated 9/28/2007 5:31:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Hepatitis C writes: viral load Posted by: "Jackie on" redjaxjm redjaxjm Date: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:38 pm ((PDT))Ill have to look that one up,, I have never heard of anything that doesnt go through the liver, especially something for Chol as its the liver that makes it... Lynne Dunham <lynnefamilyszabo> wrote: There are triglycerides medication that can be prescribe that don't go thru your liver. I believe Welchol is one of them. See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage. Jackie

Guest guest

thats a better choice in my opinion,,, hope it helps enoughJurydoctor@... wrote: I am on zetia, which does not go thru the liver. amy In a message dated 9/28/2007 5:31:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Hepatitis C writes: viral load Posted by: "Jackie on" redjaxjm redjaxjm Date: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:38 pm ((PDT))Ill

have to look that one up,, I have never heard of anything that doesnt go through the liver, especially something for Chol as its the liver that makes it... Lynne Dunham <lynnefamilyszabo> wrote: There are triglycerides medication that can be prescribe that don't go thru your liver. I believe Welchol is one of them. See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage. Jackie

Guest guest

thats what I read,, it looks good, I hope it helps,,, let us know how it works for youLynne Dunham <lynne@...> wrote: WelChol is different from many cholesterol drugs. It is nonsystemic, which means it isn't absorbed by your body so it doesn't pass through your kidneys or liver. From: Hepatitis C

[mailto:Hepatitis C ] On Behalf Of Jackie onSent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 11:39 PMHepatitis C Subject: RE: viral load Ill have to look that one up,, I have never heard of anything that doesnt go through the liver, especially something for Chol as its the liver that makes it... Lynne Dunham <lynnefamilyszabo> wrote: There are triglycerides medication that can be prescribe that don't go thru your liver. I believe Welchol is one of them. From: Hepatitis C [mailto:Hepatitis C ] On Behalf Of DTSent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:53 PMHepatitis C Subject: Re: viral load You have me a bit worried now. After my heart attack and bypass have to take Lipitor (atorvastatin) for the rest of my life.DannyJackie on wrote: thats what I said liz,, I REFUSE to take statins,, elizabethnv1 <elizabethnv1earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: The meds that lower

triglycerides can also be harmful to the liver , so your liver may be responding to the meds .It is something you should discuss with the prescribing doctor . Re: viral load Hi there; thanks for the kind reply, Have been suspicious of this for many years but have always been asymptomatic, nothing at all, About six weeks ago started taking triglide and medicne to lower our triglycerides mine were 1305 terrible, then after six weeks they are at 173 and getting better, my alt at the beginnieng was 33 then after six weeks went to 44, wonder if triglide can mess

with your liver tests, think I am sort of fishing right now, and of course am a nurse but don't know that much about livers, no pain, no malaise, no joint pain, feel great, have a ultrasound of the abdomen for in the am and a pot full of blood work, here's hoping, Again, it is a privledge to belong to your group also belong to the cholesterol group and they are full of great suggestions, hugs janJanet <doc_jade > wrote: Dang my hepper brain. I forgot to tell you that Liz is our head researcher here. She works so hard to get us the best and most informative information for the group. You will find that she is a wonder at research. We love her bunches. And her sense of

humor is not bad either. LOL Love JanetJanet <doc_jade > wrote: Hi Jan, I am Janet,one of the owner/moderators here. You have already received emails from Jackie, Sheena the other owners/moderators here. Hep B and C. That is not uncommon among us folks with the hep virus. You mentioned your appetitite, that just might be a good thing. I don't know how tall you are but 192 lbs is not a bad weight if you are average height for a man. Jan, remember with Hepatitis C or B, you should never ever drink alcohol. It increases the virus load and does damage to the liver more quickly than

those without the virus. That lecture over. LOL You will find here at our group that we are on top of the game, and if you have ask questions we will find a solution for you. We have the best moderators and members throughout the internet. I am not kidding you. Many of the doctors that treat Hep C, and the other Hepatitis have heard and recommend our group as a place to go to find answers. We answer the questions in layman's terms so that they are easy to understand to the non-medical person. Many of our members here have become such a powerful part of the research and have helped others in so many ways. We have folks on the transplant list, caregivers, family and friends. So nothing is beyond our grasp to help you. Oh by the way anne has a caregivers group that if you have a mate that would like to join. I am

sure she will post the link. Well that is about all my feeble mind can think of trying to Welcome you. Welcome friend you are among folks who care. Love JanetJAN DEXTER <jan_dxtr > wrote: Thanks for letting join your group, am sure you will be a big help, Also belong to the cholesterol group as my cholesterol was out of wack but after some great suggestions my numbers are now great,In 1992 was told I had the antibodies for non a non b hepatitis, and who knows when I contracted it, and have no syptoms for the past 16 years and have no symptoms now, yet did have a Hepatitis panel done and was positive for Hep C, okay, my bilirubin for as long as I can remember has always

been 1.0 1.2 still no symptoms, no malaise, no jaundice, nothing, so the Dr calls and says my viral load is high and wants me to see a gastroenterologist, okay, no problem, not really too worried, who knows how long it has been elevated, my triglycerides were 1305 criticall high and who knows how long they were at those levels, now they are at 172 and going lower through proper diet and exercise, so still not that worried about the elevated viral load, am a nurse just too familiar with Hep c years ago cut out all alcohol and all tylenol just to be safe, any body have any thought would surely appreciate them thanks jan dexter am 59 year white male, 195 lbs, ravishing apetite, no jaundice and no pain in the belly, go figure It is a beautiful day, go out and enjoy it. It is a beautiful day, go out and enjoy it. Got a little couch potato? Check out fun summer activities for kids. Jackie No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.13.30/1030 -

Release Date: 9/25/2007 8:02 AM Jackie Jackie

Guest guest

Hi Im so sorry you have so much to deal with.. I agree that your life and health are far more important than private school for your children.... Please keep us posted,, ok? hugs jaxraggzcutie@... wrote: HI all, I am anxious to get my viral load check back. Please pray it shows the treatment is working. I have Genotype 3.... I am going in for my 6 mos. cancer check tomorrow. I am only 32 and I am falling apart!!!!! Praise God for Prozac... it has definitely improved my depression since taking the treatment. I recommend anyone to get on something for depression because being depressed and stressed out on this treatment is no way to live. I have decided to quit my job in January and focus on getting my life back together. I work part time at my son's school. The only reason I work is to make the tuition payments. Between treatments, work, finishing my degree and taking care of my family it has been stressing me out. We have decided to enroll him in public school and he is excited. I am the one worried, but my husband says he would rather have me healthy, well, and able to take care of our family vs. a private school education for our

boys. Cancer and Hep C has taken such a huge toll on my health and peace of mind. All I have to hold on to is my faith in God that he has promised to take care of us. I try to remember that God is good and His strength is sufficient. It's hard for me because I have been keeping my Hep C a secret except for just a few people. It is not something I have announced to the school... they just think I have cancer again, but I don't confirm or deny anything. I act better than I feel and I don't complain... so I guess that's why I am unloading on you right now!!! Thanks for reading and being there to let me vent when I need to. Jackie

Guest guest

I just had a physical and my HCV viral load is 882448, it had been hovering

around 222000 the past few years. I am baffled by this sudden jump. I recently

added a new medication for overactive bladder called oxybutynin 10mg, I also

take hytrin for enlarged prostate 5mg. I am not on any drugs for the hep c. My

viral load had been going down or holding steady for the past 10 years ( down

from 600,000 to 200,000). I have taken a variety of herbs, most consistently

milk thistle. I did have a biopsy in 2ooo that revealed very minor scarring and

decided not to undergo treatment

I also have been taking retina A for a skin rash and a vitamin d supplement with

600iu of vitamin A from fish liver oil 3 times a day. Wondering if I am getting

too much Vitamin A or if the bladder medication is a problem along with the

hytrin.

I added a few new supplements this year including NAC, TMG, GABA,Suntheanine

and SAMe. I plan on getting back on a milk thistle, ALA and Selenium regimen

along with a few herbs. I had been cutting back due to financial reasons. I see

the Hep Doc in October and will be running all of this by him. Has anyone

experienced a jump like this in viral load. I am feeling pretty anxious about it

and trying to figure out why it jumped so much.

I am a new member and would appreciate any help or ideas.Thanks.

Rich

Guest guest

RichFirst of all, welcome to the group!! I'm sure that you will find that we are all here to support and care about each other.Anyone's viral load can jump around like water on a hot stove. Viral load does not have any meaning at all, regarding the health of your liver! You could get tested on one day and go back the next and get entirely different readings. The only time that one's viral load becomes important is when they are on treatment.I think it is best to ask your Dr. about the medications for the other problems. However, other than the the retina A, Vita D or the fish liver oil, I really don't know what the rest mean. Well, a Vita E with selenium or Milk Thistle as well. Please be very careful about

supplementing. This is your liver and it's not always friendly with over supplementation. No more than it's friendly with prescription medication.Actually, I started taking a Vita E with selenium well over 20 yrs ago; because, a certain part of my body did not like caffeine and yet, I liked my coffee. Now, I can not really choke a regular coffee down; but, am falling back into being addicted to Latte's. I can't indulge for much longer, due to the cost. In fact, I actually took many vita's and such. However, for me, they did not save me from facing cirrhosis as a result of having HepC and not knowing. So, I'm neither opposed to them, nor a big believer anymore. Once again, welcome to the group and I'll bet you have a lot to share regarding the supplementation.Gloria

I just had a physical and my HCV viral load is 882448, it had been hovering around 222000 the past few years. I am baffled by this sudden jump. I recently added a new medication for overactive bladder called oxybutynin 10mg, I also take hytrin for enlarged prostate 5mg. I am not on any drugs for the hep c. My viral load had been going down or holding steady for the past 10 years ( down from 600,000 to 200,000). I have taken a variety of herbs, most consistently milk thistle. I did have a biopsy in 2ooo that revealed very minor scarring and decided not to undergo treatment

I also have been taking retina A for a skin rash and a vitamin d supplement with 600iu of vitamin A from fish liver oil 3 times a day. Wondering if I am getting too much Vitamin A or if the bladder medication is a problem along with the hytrin.

I added a few new supplements this year including NAC, TMG, GABA,Suntheanine and SAMe. I plan on getting back on a milk thistle, ALA and Selenium regimen along with a few herbs. I had been cutting back due to financial reasons. I see the Hep Doc in October and will be running all of this by him. Has anyone experienced a jump like this in viral load. I am feeling pretty anxious about it and trying to figure out why it jumped so much.

I am a new member and would appreciate any help or ideas.Thanks.

Rich

Guest guest

Trudy,

you should have your doctor email all labs, for your records and then you also don't have to wait. I was undetectable but when tx stoppped within a month back I was back where I started, you can't think anything but positive at this point, if it doesn't drop as fast you may have to do tx longer, it is nerve racking and I remember feeling the same way. Take a deep breath and pray, you'll be ok! Pam

[ ] Viral load

Hey, guys! Today I got the results from my VL after 5 weeks on TX. Dr said I could call for results, expecting a 2 log drop. But when I called, nurse looked up results & said " Dr will discuss on 10th". OMG...sounds bad and I have to wonder for 3 weeks.I called back, but now the nurse says the quantatative RNA results are not back yet.Ok, step back from edge of cliff...try to calm down. I am soooo scared all is for nothing...that I am a non-responder. I am type 2b, so I never considered that I wouldn't clear.Shor 7 tonight. It makes it harder when you have these doubts . Don, I am trying to think positive, thru my tears.http://facebook.com/people/andTrudy-Kinsey/1340460877 ""A well- behaved woman never made history"...Mae Westhttp://oktravels.wordpress.comhttp://allrecipes.com/cook/TrudyK/profile.aspx

Guest guest

TrudyI know that it is absolutely normal for any patient to feel the way you do about awaiting results. Today I went for Ultra Sound and because the technician took more time around my left kidney and my liver, I could have believed that there was something there. However, I just got back to my busy life and forgot all about it. For me, there was no sense in worrying because those are results that I can only discuss with my Dr. Then I get a copy.Perhaps you should speak with your Dr. about giving permission to get your own results from any of the lab work. Either I would go in to the lab myself or the HepC nurses would let me know. At least, on the first round of tx. On the

second, being a clinical trial, they nor myself were to know about viral lab until 3/4 through tx. However, I have a file of all my other results, including the CAT scans. I kept a spreadsheet of all those results.Gloria

Hey, guys! Today I got the results from my VL after 5 weeks on TX. Dr said I could call for results, expecting a 2 log drop. But when I called, nurse looked up results & said " Dr will discuss on 10th". OMG...sounds bad and I have to wonder for 3 weeks.

I called back, but now the nurse says the quantatative RNA results are not back yet.

Ok, step back from edge of cliff...try to calm down. I am soooo scared all is for nothing...that I am a non-responder. I am type 2b, so I never considered that I wouldn't clear.

Shor 7 tonight. It makes it harder when you have these doubts . Don, I am trying to think positive, thru my tears.

http://facebook.com/people/andTrudy-Kinsey/1340460877 "

"A well- behaved woman never made history"...Mae West

http://oktravels.wordpress.com

http://allrecipes.com/cook/TrudyK/profile.aspx

Guest guest

PamI always thought it was a b--ch that the results after my first round were immediately "non-responder". However, back then the Drs were only testing us at the 12th week and then not again until the whole 48 were over.Knowing what I do now, I wouldn't see a Gastro unless he regularly tested for viral load. However, now that I am SVR post 6 months - I'd be better served to advocate for that.Gloria

Trudy,

you should have your doctor email all labs, for your records and then you also don't have to wait. I was undetectable but when tx stoppped within a month back I was back where I started, you can't think anything but positive at this point, if it doesn't drop as fast you may have to do tx longer, it is nerve racking and I remember feeling the same way. Take a deep breath and pray, you'll be ok! Pam

[ ] Viral load

Hey, guys! Today I got the results from my VL after 5 weeks on TX. Dr said I could call for results, expecting a 2 log drop. But when I called, nurse looked up results & said " Dr will discuss on 10th". OMG...sounds bad and I have to wonder for 3 weeks.I called back, but now the nurse says the quantatative RNA results are not back yet.Ok, step back from edge of cliff...try to calm down. I am soooo scared all is for nothing...that I am a non-responder. I am type 2b, so I never considered that I wouldn't clear.Shor 7 tonight. It makes it harder when you have these doubts . Don, I am trying to think positive, thru my tears.http://facebook.com/people/andTrudy-Kinsey/1340460877 ""A well- behaved woman never made history"...Mae Westhttp://oktravels.wordpress.comhttp://allrecipes.com/cook/TrudyK/profile.aspx

Guest guest

AC,Blips happen all the time. The difference that you are reporting is so minimal that it would fall under the category of negligible.According to NAM AIDSmap, blips have no real significance and they happen to most patients occasionally.http://www.aidsmap.com/Most-viral-load-blips-are-short-lasting-and-of-no-significance/page/1430421/<http://www.aidsmap.com/Most-viral-load-blips-are-short-lasting-and-of-no-significance/page/1430421/>Consider the following: No matter how "undetectable" you are, the virus is hidden inside cells. If you were to stop your meds, the viral load

would increase into hundreds of thousands at some point. Clearly not the case in here.Medications keep the virus under control. Stress, meds adherence, other infections or viral resistance, are some of the variables that may influence lab results. It is hard to tell from one single lab. DO NOT let your worrying about it become a self-fulfilling prophecy.Doctors have algorithms to help them make recommendations and course changes but I doubt that you are at that stage. Trust their level of experience, but I think that it is great to be looking for other opinions. There is plenty scientific literature on the subject and you can read more to alleviate your concerns. Do a Google search on the words: HIV blips (1,590,000 results came up).A good

idea is to define your worries rather than to have an unspecified fear. Write them down and address them with a health provider or psychologist. That way you can tame the fear and not allow the fear to control you.PS: The term undetectable has gone through some changes over the years. Labs have improved their techniques and so on. But once again, I doubt that this is the case here.

Guest guest

In the past 17 years this has also happened to me once and I was alarmed. At the

same time, similar results were showing on other patients results. It was very

quickly determined it was an internal lab issue. I was immediately referred to

another lab and all was right.

Good Luck

>

> Just got my VL test results back. Went from undetectable for years to 143. Dr.

said they are using a new test and have seen 'blips' like this and usually wait

3 months to retest if the VL is under 500. I am a little concerned, not overly.

The rest of my lab results were fine, CD4%, T-cells, etc. I am more curious if

others have seen this 'blip' thing. It's new to me.

>

> Thank you. I don't post much, but do read the posts by others.

>

> AC

>

Guest guest

A low blip like this is anxiety provoking, but I'll bet it's back to

" undetectable " on the next labs.

JB