RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: letter to OHSU

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That will be on my prayer list..... [ ] letter to OHSU Hi Everyone Today I finally got on the ball & composed a letter to the transplant center here in Oregon(OHSU) asking to be re-considered for placement on the list. My gastro Doc has been urging me to do so for quite some time now & every time I see him- he asks if I've written it yet.. so mission accomplished- now all I have to do is send it<g> Wish me luck OK???? arlene

Guest guest

Good luck Arlene, I'll be praying for you. You did your part, I hope for your success. Why didn't they consider you? -dz-

ACE <arken@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone

Today I finally got on the ball & composed a letter to the transplant center here in Oregon(OHSU) asking to be re-considered for placement on the list. My gastro Doc has been urging me to do so for quite some time now & every time I see him- he asks if I've written it yet.. so mission accomplished- now all I have to do is send it<g>

Wish me luck OK????

arlene

Guest guest

Hi Arlene

I'll be praying that all goes well and you are put on the list.

[ ] letter to OHSU

Hi Everyone

Today I finally got on the ball & composed a letter to the transplant center here in Oregon(OHSU) asking to be re-considered for placement on the list. My gastro Doc has been urging me to do so for quite some time now & every time I see him- he asks if I've written it yet.. so mission accomplished- now all I have to do is send it<g>

Wish me luck OK????

arlene

Guest guest

Best Of Luck Arlene!!!!

[ ] letter to OHSU

Hi Everyone

Wish me luck OK????

arlene

Guest guest

dz---- it's kind of a long story--but I'll try

& make it short.... My UA test showed up positive for marijuana.......I

demanded a new test (it came up neg.) I do have an Oregon Medical

Marijuana Permit issued by the State Health Dept & Dr's orders(rx)

I had quit using it last Aug & my Evaluation was for end of Nov.

My gastro Dr said it shouldn't have showed up positive(he's really ticked

off @ OHSU--calls them nitpickers! However I do believe my UA was

mixed up with someone else's (there were some pretty shady rough lookin'

people to be evaluated that week.) About 3 years ago I went for an

evaluation up there & had to ro-do this same test as they 'lost' it!!!

I really do not relish the idea of getting

a transplant @ this hospital...they've lost quite few in the past years.........transplants

were successful----it was the after care or lack of it!! But I really

don't have much choice as we can't afford to move & how would a person

know where the best one is located anyway

arlene

imaganeer wrote:

Good luck Arlene, I'll be praying for you. You did your part, I hope

for your success. Why didn't they consider you?

-dz-

ACE <arken@...> wrote:

Hi

EveryoneToday

I finally got on the ball & composed a letter to the transplant center

here in Oregon(OHSU) asking to be re-considered for placement on the list.

My gastro Doc has been urging me to do so for quite some time now &

every time I see him- he asks if I've written it yet.. so mission accomplished-

now all I have to do is send it<g>Wish

me luck OK????arlene

Guest guest

That is outrageous. You were denied on bad test results. Re: [ ] letter to OHSU dz---- it's kind of a long story--but I'll try & make it short.... My UA test showed up positive for marijuana.......I demanded a new test (it came up neg.) I do have an Oregon Medical Marijuana Permit issued by the State Health Dept & Dr's orders(rx) I had quit using it last Aug & my Evaluation was for end of Nov. My gastro Dr said it shouldn't have showed up positive(he's really ticked off @ OHSU--calls them nitpickers! However I do believe my UA was mixed up with someone else's (there were some pretty shady rough lookin' people to be evaluated that week.) About 3 years ago I went for an evaluation up there & had to ro-do this same test as they 'lost' it!!! I really do not relish the idea of getting a transplant @ this hospital...they've lost quite few in the past years.........transplants were successful----it was the after care or lack of it!! But I really don't have much choice as we can't afford to move & how would a person know where the best one is located anyway arlene imaganeer wrote: Good luck Arlene, I'll be praying for you. You did your part, I hope for your success. Why didn't they consider you? -dz- ACE <arken@...> wrote: Hi EveryoneToday I finally got on the ball & composed a letter to the transplant center here in Oregon(OHSU) asking to be re-considered for placement on the list. My gastro Doc has been urging me to do so for quite some time now & every time I see him- he asks if I've written it yet.. so mission accomplished- now all I have to do is send it<g>Wish me luck OK????arlene

Guest guest

Arlene you keep fighting too...You are a survivor..I don't have cirrosis yet..I probably spelled that wrong..Oh well it's too early for me to be perfect today..Who am I kidding i"m never perfect!!! LOL..Good morning everyone.Hope everyone is doing ok today...

Guest guest

That's it in a 'nutshell'.....you can now realize why this ticked off my

gastro Dr. & of course me also.......Sometimes I wonder if I

REALLY do want to have this surgery as they don't have the bestcare up

there....the surgeries are pretty successful but it's the aftercare or

lack of it that has me worried.....I know I can't put this off for a real

long time as my liver disease keeps getting worse all the time I've now

had the cirrhosis for over 7 years....and I've been told be Dr's @ my reg.

hospital -- that I'm lucky to still be alive.......I just tell them I'm

a survivor!!!! My husband hears these comments more often than I

do as they're usually walking down the hall --just leaving my room

or the office I'm in...... Last year when I was in the hospital with encephalopathy........

they brought in a small class of about 9-10 residents learning about HepC/cirrhosis/gerd

& you name it..what really seemed to be most interesting about me is

that I've developed a heart murmur since getting the HepC/cirrhosis!! I

don't know what the big deal about that was but every Dr(resident) had

to listen to my heart(stethoscope) to see if they could detect it

Now what's that all about?????

I had told them when I first got to hospital I wouldn't mind being

a subject--as I figured I might learn something more about this nasty disease....but

unfortunately, they made their comments after leaving my room...that was

Ken heard them discussing me & my miracle<g>....It's a mystery &

miracle to tthem that I'm still alive

It's actually that Im too STUBBORN to give up the ghost!!!!

arlene

WILLIAM A WALTKE wrote:

That is outrageous. You were denied on bad

test results.

Re: [ ]

letter to OHSU

dz---- it's kind of a long story--but I'll

try & make it short.... My UA test showed up positive for marijuana.......I

demanded a new test (it came up neg.) I do have an Oregon Medical

Marijuana Permit issued by the State Health Dept & Dr's orders(rx)

I had quit using it last Aug & my Evaluation was for end of Nov.

My gastro Dr said it shouldn't have showed up positive(he's really ticked

off @ OHSU--calls them nitpickers! However I do believe my UA was

mixed up with someone else's (there were some pretty shady rough lookin'

people to be evaluated that week.) About 3 years ago I went for an

evaluation up there & had to ro-do this same test as they 'lost' it!!!

I really do not relish the idea of getting

a transplant @ this hospital...they've lost quite few in the past years.........transplants

were successful----it was the after care or lack of it!! But I really

don't have much choice as we can't afford to move & how would a person

know where the best one is located anyway

arlene

imaganeer wrote:

Good luck Arlene, I'll be praying for you. You did your part, I hope

for your success. Why didn't they consider you?

-dz-

ACE <arken@...> wrote:

Hi

EveryoneToday I finally got on the ball & composed a letter to the

transplant center here in Oregon(OHSU) asking to be re-considered for placement

on the list. My gastro Doc has been urging me to do so for quite

some time now & every time I see him- he asks if I've written it yet..

so mission accomplished- now all I have to do is send it<g>Wish me luck

OK????arlene

Guest guest

If this surgery can give you a total new lease on life than go for it. My friend was given a few months tops from ovarian cancer. The doctor told her once that he really had thought 2 months or maybe less. She refused to accept it and fought that cancer on her own terms insisting on every treatment regardless how harsh the side effects or anything. I will have you to know she outlived their projections by over 5 years. So you keep on hanging in there and we are right here with you. I am sure this did tick off your doctor. I don't blame him but there is definitely something to being a survivor. But to be removed from a list over bad test results is simply unconscienable. I know a little about surviving. I wasn't supposed to live through complications from one of my surgeries. They had called the family in. Not good went in the hospital in July came out in October weighing as a full fledged adult 78 lbs. That was when I was 24 years old. I am now over 50. They had told everyone but me I was not going to pull through. I had other plans of raising my children and having a good life. And I have. There is definitely something to that survivor spirit. Re: [ ] letter to OHSU dz---- it's kind of a long story--but I'll try & make it short.... My UA test showed up positive for marijuana.......I demanded a new test (it came up neg.) I do have an Oregon Medical Marijuana Permit issued by the State Health Dept & Dr's orders(rx) I had quit using it last Aug & my Evaluation was for end of Nov. My gastro Dr said it shouldn't have showed up positive(he's really ticked off @ OHSU--calls them nitpickers! However I do believe my UA was mixed up with someone else's (there were some pretty shady rough lookin' people to be evaluated that week.) About 3 years ago I went for an evaluation up there & had to ro-do this same test as they 'lost' it!!! I really do not relish the idea of getting a transplant @ this hospital...they've lost quite few in the past years.........transplants were successful----it was the after care or lack of it!! But I really don't have much choice as we can't afford to move & how would a person know where the best one is located anyway arlene imaganeer wrote: Good luck Arlene, I'll be praying for you. You did your part, I hope for your success. Why didn't they consider you? -dz- ACE <arken@...> wrote: Hi EveryoneToday I finally got on the ball & composed a letter to the transplant center here in Oregon(OHSU) asking to be re-considered for placement on the list. My gastro Doc has been urging me to do so for quite some time now & every time I see him- he asks if I've written it yet.. so mission accomplished- now all I have to do is send it<g>Wish me luck OK????arlene

Guest guest

Yes, I think I remember you mentioning something about that marijuana thing before. That really pisses me off. Marijuana is more of a political agenda than a health issue, at least as regards the liver. My understanding is that it does not pose a problem to the liver. I'm surprised it showed up. I took a drug test for my current job and I was a little worried about marijuana showing up. I think I had used it about a month prior to the blood test, but it came back clean. There is no such thing as medical marijuana in Wisconsin, that was one of the reasons I finally gave up smoking. I quit drinking a few months earlier, so I had clung to my pot like a teddy bear. Anyway good luck, I will be praying for your acceptance and success in this program. -dz-

ACE <arken@...> wrote: dz---- it's kind of a long story--but I'll try & make it short.... My UAtest showed up positive for marijuana.......I demanded a new test (itcame up neg.) I do have an Oregon Medical Marijuana Permit issued bythe State Health Dept & Dr's orders(rx) I had quit using it last Aug & my Evaluation was for end of Nov. My gastro Dr said it shouldn't haveshowed up positive(he's really ticked off @ OHSU--calls themnitpickers! However I do believe my UA was mixed up with someone else's(there were some pretty shady rough lookin' people to be evaluated thatweek.) About 3 years ago I went for an evaluation up there & had toro-do this same test as they 'lost' it!!!I really do not relish the idea of getting a transplant @ thishospital...they've lost quite few in the past years.........transplantswere successful----it was the after care or lack of it!! But I reallydon't have much choice as we can't afford to move & how would a personknow where the best one is located anywayarlene

Guest guest

I sometimes wonder about that too. Considering the shortage of donars. My former girlfriend was going to be put on the waiting list as soon as she had 1 year of sobriety. She managed it and then the dr said that her condition had improved (she had cirrhosis for many years already) and didn't need to be put on the list. She ended up dying of liver failure, but she had gone back to drinking near the end, so who knows if she would have remained sober she may still be here today. -dz-

ACE <arken@...> wrote: That's it in a 'nutshell'.....you can now realize why this ticked off mygastro Dr. & of course me also.......Sometimes I wonder if I REALLY dowant to have this surgery as they don't have the bestcare upthere....the surgeries are pretty successful but it's the aftercare orlack of it that has me worried.....I know I can't put this off for areal long time as my liver disease keeps getting worse all the time I'venow had the cirrhosis for over 7 years....and I've been told be Dr's @my reg. hospital -- that I'm lucky to still be alive.......I just tellthem I'm a survivor!!!! My husband hears these comments more often thanI do as they're usually walking down the hall --just leaving my room orthe office I'm in...... Last year when I was in the hospital withencephalopathy........ they brought in a small class of about 9-10residents learning about HepC/cirrhosis/gerd & you name it..what reallyseemed to be most interesting about me is that I've developed a heartmurmur since getting the HepC/cirrhosis!! I don't know what the big dealabout that was but every Dr(resident) had to listen to myheart(stethoscope) to see if they could detect it Now what's that allabout?????I had told them when I first got to hospital I wouldn't mind being asubject--as I figured I might learn something more about this nastydisease....but unfortunately, they made their comments after leaving myroom...that was Ken heard them discussing me & my miracle....It's amystery & miracle to tthem that I'm still aliveIt's actually that Im too STUBBORN to give up the ghost!!!!arleneWILLIAM A WALTKE wrote:> That is outrageous. You were denied on bad test results. >> Re: [ ] letter to OHSU> dz---- it's kind of a long story--but I'll try & make it> short.... My UA test showed up positive for> marijuana.......I demanded a new test (it came up neg.) I> do have an Oregon Medical Marijuana Permit issued by the> State Health Dept & Dr's orders(rx) I had quit using it> last Aug & my Evaluation was for end of Nov. My gastro Dr> said it shouldn't have showed up positive(he's really ticked> off @ OHSU--calls them nitpickers! However I do believe my> UA was mixed up with someone else's (there were some pretty> shady rough lookin' people to be evaluated that week.)> About 3 years ago I went for an evaluation up there & had to> ro-do this same test as they 'lost' it!!!> I really do not relish the idea of getting a transplant @> this hospital...they've lost quite few in the past> years.........transplants were successful----it was the> after care or lack of it!! But I really don't have much> choice as we can't afford to move & how would a person know> where the best one is located anyway> arlene>> imaganeer wrote:>> >> >> > Good luck Arlene, I'll be praying for you. You did your> > part, I hope for your success. Why didn't they consider> > you? -dz-> >> > ACE wrote:> >> > Hi EveryoneToday I finally got on the ball & > > composed a letter to the transplant center here> > in Oregon(OHSU) asking to be re-considered for> > placement on the list. My gastro Doc has been> > urging me to do so for quite some time now & > > every time I see him- he asks if I've written it> > yet.. so mission accomplished- now all I have to> > do is send itWish me luck OK????arlene> >> >

Guest guest

My grandpa went in to the hospital with lung cancer. They opened him up and sewed him right back up again, the cancer was everywhere. They gave him 6 weeks to live. He lived for 7 years after that and even got back on the golf course, before dying of a heart attack. He always told me he was too stubborn to die (that's my Irish side :) -dz-

WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

If this surgery can give you a total new lease on life than go for it. My friend was given a few months tops from ovarian cancer. The doctor told her once that he really had thought 2 months or maybe less. She refused to accept it and fought that cancer on her own terms insisting on every treatment regardless how harsh the side effects or anything. I will have you to know she outlived their projections by over 5 years. So you keep on hanging in there and we are right here with you. I am sure this did tick off your doctor. I don't blame him but there is definitely something to being a survivor. But to be removed from a list over bad test results is simply unconscienable. I know a little about surviving. I wasn't supposed to live through complications from one of my surgeries. They had called the family in. Not good went in the hospital in July came out in October weighing as a full fledged adult 78 lbs. That was when I was 24 years old. I am now over 50. They had told everyone but me I was not going to pull through. I had other plans of raising my children and having a good life. And I have. There is definitely something to that survivor spirit.

Re: [ ] letter to OHSU dz---- it's kind of a long story--but I'll try & make it short.... My UA test showed up positive for marijuana.......I demanded a new test (it came up neg.) I do have an Oregon Medical Marijuana Permit issued by the State Health Dept & Dr's orders(rx) I had quit using it last Aug & my Evaluation was for end of Nov. My gastro Dr said it shouldn't have showed up positive(he's really ticked off @ OHSU--calls them nitpickers! However I do believe my UA was mixed up with someone else's (there were some pretty shady rough lookin' people to be evaluated that week.) About 3 years ago I went for an evaluation up there & had to ro-do this same test as they 'lost' it!!! I really do not relish the idea of getting a transplant @ this hospital...they've lost quite few in the past years.........transplants were successful----it was the after care or lack of it!! But I really don't have much choice as we can't afford to move & how would a person know where the best one is located anyway arlene imaganeer wrote: Good luck Arlene, I'll be praying for you. You did your part, I hope for your success. Why didn't they consider you? -dz- ACE <arken@...> wrote:

Hi EveryoneToday I finally got on the ball & composed a letter to the transplant center here in Oregon(OHSU) asking to be re-considered for placement on the list. My gastro Doc has been urging me to do so for quite some time now & every time I see him- he asks if I've written it yet.. so mission accomplished- now all I have to do is send it<g>Wish me luck OK????arlene

Guest guest

What's wrong Fluffy?? Today isn't peachy for me either...Too depressed for some reason...

Guest guest

Thanks for asking I am rotten to the core this am...... Fluffy in the back row having a tizzy ..... Good thing I am here its the only sane and safe place on the planet. Re: [ ] letter to OHSU Arlene you keep fighting too...You are a survivor..I don't have cirrosis yet..I probably spelled that wrong..Oh well it's too early for me to be perfect today..Who am I kidding i"m never perfect!!! LOL..Good morning everyone.Hope everyone is doing ok today...

Guest guest

It has to be credited to the survivor spirit. Re: [ ] letter to OHSU dz---- it's kind of a long story--but I'll try & make it short.... My UA test showed up positive for marijuana.......I demanded a new test (it came up neg.) I do have an Oregon Medical Marijuana Permit issued by the State Health Dept & Dr's orders(rx) I had quit using it last Aug & my Evaluation was for end of Nov. My gastro Dr said it shouldn't have showed up positive(he's really ticked off @ OHSU--calls them nitpickers! However I do believe my UA was mixed up with someone else's (there were some pretty shady rough lookin' people to be evaluated that week.) About 3 years ago I went for an evaluation up there & had to ro-do this same test as they 'lost' it!!! I really do not relish the idea of getting a transplant @ this hospital...they've lost quite few in the past years.........transplants were successful----it was the after care or lack of it!! But I really don't have much choice as we can't afford to move & how would a person know where the best one is located anyway arlene imaganeer wrote: Good luck Arlene, I'll be praying for you. You did your part, I hope for your success. Why didn't they consider you? -dz- ACE <arken@...> wrote: Hi EveryoneToday I finally got on the ball & composed a letter to the transplant center here in Oregon(OHSU) asking to be re-considered for placement on the list. My gastro Doc has been urging me to do so for quite some time now & every time I see him- he asks if I've written it yet.. so mission accomplished- now all I have to do is send it<g>Wish me luck OK????arlene

Guest guest

You know some days one should really just pull the covers over their head and not get up Yesterday was one of those days. Life was simple and good then my kids grew up and got married ... that was the last sign of simple good or funtional.... I think I told you my DIL's are sisters right. Love them both but every so one in a while I am tempted to jump in with both feet and you know you cannot do that. The story is way long and theres no way to shorten it. It would take a novel in the telling of it . But right now I am debating should I just go for it and have my say or just keep my mouth shut and know that either way a disaster is coming full speed ahead like a train coming down the tracks to wreck. Re: [ ] letter to OHSU What's wrong Fluffy?? Today isn't peachy for me either...Too depressed for some reason...

Guest guest

I personally would try as hard as I could to stay out

of it. I'm not in that situation so I can't say for

sure. My 19 year old stepson has been in love with a

girl for over a year now. She has a boyfriend in her

hometown and sees Mathew also. Tells him she has

feelings for him but not enough to break up with this

other boy. I'd like to wring her spoiled rotten little

neck. But I keep reassuring him that he's NOT stupid.

(Even if he is) I tell him when he's had enough he'll

know. Even though I want to shake him and say dump

her. He knows he can talk to me and I won't tell him

what to do. It's really hard but I don't want to

alienate him. He was 14 when we married and it took a

long time to be accepted as part of his life. I love

him as my own and I'd like him to be happy but I had

to make a lot of really dumb mistakes in my life, so

hopefully they learn . I hope things get better. I

think seeing all this happen to your child would be

too much to bare.

Sharon

--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

> You know some days one should really just pull the

> covers over their head and not get up

> Yesterday was one of those days. Life was simple

> and good then my kids grew up and got

> married ... that was the last sign of simple good or

> funtional.... I think I told you my DIL's

> are sisters right. Love them both but every so one

> in a while I am tempted to jump in

> with both feet and you know you cannot do that. The

> story is way long and theres no way

> to shorten it. It would take a novel in the telling

> of it . But right now I am debating should

> I just go for it and have my say or just keep my

> mouth shut and know that either way

> a disaster is coming full speed ahead like a train

> coming down the tracks to wreck.

>

> Re: [ ] letter to OHSU

>

> What's wrong Fluffy?? Today isn't peachy for me

> either...Too depressed for some reason...

>

Guest guest

We all made a lot of mistakes in our youth. We learned from them & we all seam to be doing ok. So I thank our kids will live & learn. They will turn out ok.

Terry

Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: I personally would try as hard as I could to stay outof it. I'm not in that situation so I can't say forsure. My 19 year old stepson has been in love with agirl for over a year now. She has a boyfriend in herhometown and sees Mathew also. Tells him she hasfeelings for him but not enough to break up with thisother boy. I'd like to wring her spoiled rotten littleneck. But I keep reassuring him that he's NOT stupid.(Even if he is) I tell him when he's had enough he'llknow. Even though I want to shake him and say dumpher. He knows he can talk to me and I won't tell himwhat to do. It's really hard but I don't want toalienate him. He was 14 when we married and it took along time to be accepted as part of his life. I lovehim as my own and I'd like him to be happy but I hadto make a lot of really dumb mistakes in my life, sohopefully they learn . I hope things get better. Ithink seeing all this happen to your child would betoo much to bare. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> You know some days one should really just pull the> covers over their head and not get up> Yesterday was one of those days. Life was simple> and good then my kids grew up and got> married ... that was the last sign of simple good or> funtional.... I think I told you my DIL's> are sisters right. Love them both but every so one> in a while I am tempted to jump in > with both feet and you know you cannot do that. The> story is way long and theres no way> to shorten it. It would take a novel in the telling> of it . But right now I am debating should> I just go for it and have my say or just keep my> mouth shut and know that either way> a disaster is coming full speed ahead like a train> coming down the tracks to wreck. > > Re: [ ] letter to OHSU> > What's wrong Fluffy?? Today isn't peachy for me> either...Too depressed for some reason... >

Guest guest

Well trust me I am thinking running away from home sounds really good right now. Re: [ ] letter to OHSU> > What's wrong Fluffy?? Today isn't peachy for me> either...Too depressed for some reason... >

Guest guest

I know one thing -drinking is something I'll NEVER ever do again.......I

used to drink.... & quit with no help as booze (the taste of it) I never

did like!! But I did do my share of the social drinking--used to

party a lot!!!! after the first 2 the taste wasn't too bad.....but

I drank white russians & they really disguised the awful booze taste

I used to call them my 'milkshakes'.......but if I get turned down I'll

probably end up smoking again as my tummy feels so much better & I'm

able to sleep..ever since I stopped my stomach & intestines have been

in a turmoil .. it's most likely from the ascites in my abdominal

area......Thanks for your moral support----- I'd been in the 'doldrums'

most of this week......it's the depression trying to get @ me..

so I need to snap out of it soon...as I just hate feeling this way..........

arlene

imaganeer wrote:

I sometimes wonder about that too. Considering the shortage of donars.

My former girlfriend was going to be put on the waiting list as soon as

she had 1 year of sobriety. She managed it and then the dr said that her

condition had improved (she had cirrhosis for many years already) and didn't

need to be put on the list. She ended up dying of liver failure, but she

had gone back to drinking near the end, so who knows if she would have

remained sober she may still be here today. -dz-

ACE <arken@...> wrote:

That's

it in a 'nutshell'.....you can now realize why this ticked off my

gastro Dr. & of course me also.......Sometimes I wonder if I REALLY

do

want to have this surgery as they don't have the bestcare up

there....the surgeries are pretty successful but it's the aftercare

or

lack of it that has me worried.....I know I can't put this off for

a

real long time as my liver disease keeps getting worse all the time

I've

now had the cirrhosis for over 7 years....and I've been told be Dr's

@

my reg. hospital -- that I'm lucky to still be alive.......I just tell

them I'm a survivor!!!! My husband hears these comments more often

than

I do as they're usually walking down the hall --just leaving my room

or

the office I'm in...... Last year when I was in the hospital with

encephalopathy........ they brought in a small class of about 9-10

residents learning about HepC/cirrhosis/gerd & you name it..what

really

seemed to be most interesting about me is that I've developed a heart

murmur since getting the HepC/cirrhosis!! I don't know what the big

deal

about that was but every Dr(resident) had to listen to my

heart(stethoscope) to see if they could detect it Now what's that all

about?????

I had told them when I first got to hospital I wouldn't mind being

a

subject--as I figured I might learn something more about this nasty

disease....but unfortunately, they made their comments after leaving

my

room...that was Ken heard them discussing me & my miracle....It's

a

mystery & miracle to tthem that I'm still alive

It's actually that Im too STUBBORN to give up the ghost!!!!

arlene

WILLIAM A WALTKE wrote:

> That is outrageous. You were denied on bad test results.

>

> Re: [ ] letter to OHSU

> dz---- it's kind of a long story--but I'll try & make it

> short.... My UA test showed up positive for

> marijuana.......I demanded a new test (it came up neg.) I

> do have an Oregon Medical Marijuana Permit issued by the

> State Health Dept & Dr's orders(rx) I had quit using it

> last Aug & my Evaluation was for end of Nov. My gastro Dr

> said it shouldn't have showed up positive(he's really ticked

> off @ OHSU--calls them nitpickers! However I do believe my

> UA was mixed up with someone else's (there were some pretty

> shady rough lookin' people to be evaluated that week.)

> About 3 years ago I went for an evaluation up there & had to

> ro-do this same test as they 'lost' it!!!

> I really do not relish the idea of getting a transplant @

> this hospital...they've lost quite few in the past

> years.........transplants were successful----it was the

> after care or lack of it!! But I really don't have much

> choice as we can't afford to move & how would a person know

> where the best one is located anyway

> arlene

>

> imaganeer wrote:

>

> >

> >

> > Good luck Arlene, I'll be praying for you. You did your

> > part, I hope for your success. Why didn't they consider

> > you? -dz-

> >

> > ACE wrote:

> >

> > Hi EveryoneToday I finally got on the ball &

> > composed a letter to the transplant center here

> > in Oregon(OHSU) asking to be re-considered for

> > placement on the list. My gastro Doc has been

> > urging me to do so for quite some time now &

> > every time I see him- he asks if I've written it

> > yet.. so mission accomplished- now all I have to

> > do is send itWish me luck OK????arlene

> >

> >

Guest guest

I hear Hawaii is nice this year.

Sharon

--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

> Well trust me I am thinking running away from home

> sounds really

> good right now.

>

Guest guest

Or I could swim away...... thats a thought... Re: [ ] letter to OHSU I hear Hawaii is nice this year. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> Well trust me I am thinking running away from home> sounds really> good right now. > __________________________________________________

Guest guest

swim to Hawaii? That would be one long swim after a long run from your place. Better take a jet to Hawaii. You would get there faster & would feel up to enjoying it once you get there.

Terry

Or I could swim away...... thats a thought...

Re: [ ] letter to OHSU

I hear Hawaii is nice this year. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> Well trust me I am thinking running away from home> sounds really> good right now. > __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Yes but .... follow my logic here.... if I fly I arrive in Hawaii still fuming if I swim I may just arrive in a better state of mind... LOL Re: [ ] letter to OHSU I hear Hawaii is nice this year. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> Well trust me I am thinking running away from home> sounds really> good right now. > __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I see your point.

Terry

Yes but .... follow my logic here.... if I fly I arrive in Hawaii still fuming

if I swim I may just arrive in a better state of mind... LOL

Re: [ ] letter to OHSU

I hear Hawaii is nice this year. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> Well trust me I am thinking running away from home> sounds really> good right now. > __________________________________________________