RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Adrenal Fatigue

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That's wonderful news - and I will never forget the message you sent the day, for the first, time, you actually walked round a supermarket. Just imagine what you would be like now had you stayed with the NHS recommended treatment - it really doesn't bear thinking about.

So glad to hear Ron is fine - I hope the New Year will be your best yet, as 2007 was a year for you both to remember (and hopefully now forget).Keep up the good work.

luv - Sheila

Hi Sheila>Ron is recovering very well and we are settling in very nicely although we still cannot find things.I am doing okay and have not used my buggy for months. I am managing to do everything but still get off days and energy slumps but I beleive the healing process goes on for a long time - when I consider this time last year I was still getting very tired even using the buggy it shows an immense improvement.I haven't been to see Dr Hertoghe yet but do ring the clinc if I have a problem.Jean>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 - Release Date: 06/01/2008 11:57

Guest guest

54 for an antibody count does mean you have antibodies to your thyroid, but not a lot. The levels I understand do change and can be up or down. It would be interesting to see what your antibody level is now though. Antibodies recognise your thyroid tissue as a foreign body and so set about its destruction, so the implications are that your thyroid will be unable to excrete the level of hormones your body requires. I am pleased your doc. has started you on Ferrous Sulphate, once your stored iron is higher, you will honestly feel very much better.

I think you might need to wait longer than 5 days to get the full effect of your additional T3. I hope you continue to do well. I am very happy that you feel this forum has helped you and I hope it continues to do so. We are certainly getting many more new members from the article in the Mail - and many more messages, and I would suggest that anybody who has opted for "Individual Emails" change their options to either a Daily Digest (where you get up to 25 messages in one email) or to read directly from the website. That way, your Inbox will not overflow.

Luv - Sheila

I am so grateful to this group for all the help and advice I havereceived. Withoutn you I would not have known to request a Ferritintest and would have still been wondering why my GP and endocrinologistwere saying my blood results were normal even though I was stillhaving symptoms.Thankyou Lizzie>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 -

Guest guest

Hi Sheila,

Sorry! I’ll try. I

was hoping that clipping the messages would be enough. I use outlook so it is a

bit different that from the website.

HI jenny

..\>>Can you

somehow differentiate between your response and the message you are responding

to as it's a bit tricky to read sometimes. You could just put > in

front of the first word of the message you are responding to.

Luv - Sheila

No virus found in this

incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release Date: 02/01/2008

11:29

Guest guest

>

> Bee, I definitely have adrenal fatigue and was told to not even have

> decaf coffee, which I'm dying for, tired of tea. Have you heard this

> before? Wouldn't Swiss Water decaf be okay, better than store bought?

==>Hi Sherri. Even decaf coffee will contain some caffeine because it

is impossible to remove all of it, so you should avoid it. Adrenal

fatigue is very common for candida sufferers - have you read my article:

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/menu4_7_1.php

The best, Bee

Guest guest

Hello Sherri,

I also suffer from adrenal fatigue, but I''m coming on in leaps and

bounds after almost six months on Bee's diet.

I've been using swiss decaf almost every day in my egg drink,

because I find it hard to drink otherwise. And I have between one

and three coffees a day. I always gauge it by how I'm feeling.

Some days I just know that a coffee is going to screw me up, and

I'll have a lemon salt drink instead, to do the opposite. But I

don't deny myself the coffee, as I'm noticing improvements, so long

as I don't drink it all day long. Sometimes, for example, a coffee

helps me tremendously to diffuse nausea. And other times it helps

to focus me before getting down to my work.

I know it's not recommended, but I think out of all the advice, you

have to find what works for you at any one time.

Love,

Nicola

>

>

> >

> > Bee, I definitely have adrenal fatigue and was told to not even

have

> > decaf coffee, >

> ==>Hi Sherri. Even decaf coffee will contain some caffeine

because it

> is impossible to remove all of it, so you should avoid it. >

> The best, Bee

>

Guest guest

>

> I am putting out a call to those who have suffered with low

> cortisol as well as the thyroid problems.

Yes, I have knackered adrenals. I tried adrenal glandulars & they

weren't strong enough. Likewise Isocort. I am currently on 35mg/day

hydrocortisone.

If your adrenals are knackered - and it does sound like they are - I

seriously doubt you'll be able to tolerate the Armour. You really do

have to get on the adrenal support first.

> I know coffee

> doesn't help the adrenals but I know it gives me a lift.

PLEASE try not to. Though I understand that you are finding ways of

keeping going (mine is carbs. I just can NOT function without them.

Not good for me, either.)

> Any advice would be appreciated. I find dealing with anything very

> stressful and haven't been working for nearly a year - don't think

> the isolation helps but I haven't anything to offer anyone at the

> moment. I was a complementary therapist and very hard on myself as

> I feel I ought to be able to get myself well and not need to take

> anything long term. However, it looks as if the armour thyroid

>(when it arrives) will be. I feel a failure here.

I'm in much the same situation. No consolation to you at all of

course, but you aren't alone.

> I can only cope with very little at a time so I ask for your

> patience. Stuff goes in one ear and out of the other - I can't

> seem to understand sentences - almost childlike.

I understand that lack of comprehension thing so well. Don't be hard

on yourself. It's all part of the joyousness that is adrenal &

thyroid issues. It's NOT your fault.

> What is anyone's experience on weight and the armour thyroid -

> sorry to sound so shallow but I know this bothers me. I just don't

> want to go back to where I have been.

Dunno yet, to be honest. With the hydrocortisone I am absolutely

ballooning, and I am still in the early days of Armour - it's taken

me ages to get myself up to 3/4 grain which is nowhere near enough

yet. Still feel like utter pants. I'm refusing to worry about the

weight thing because there is NOTHING I can do about it right now.

I'm sorry it's all so hard for you at the moment {{{hugs}}}

Rosie

Guest guest

Hi Keri,> I am putting out a call to those who have suffered with low cortisol > as well as the thyroid problems. I gather there is a lady called > Bella who is very knowledgeable.**I have personal experience of adrenal fatigue and I'm working on my knowledge of anything that will help improve my health so it's increasing.> I have been following guidelines from a nutritionist and taking Dr > 's dynamite adrenals (containing B vits) and licorice when I > wake and at 11 am but I am so fed up with my food. I know coffee > doesn't help the adrenals but I know it gives me a lift.**Whether it's NAE or 's suppliments I don't have too much faith in it if you have severe adrenal fatigue, it's fine for mild cases. I have however read that B5 acts in a very similar way to cortisol and can help considerably with AI. It requires fairly large doses and there is a more active form. If I recall correctly Pantethine is the name.> > Any advice would be appreciated. I find dealing with anything very > stressful and haven't been working for nearly a year - don't think > the isolation helps but I haven't anything to offer anyone at the > moment. I was a complementary therapist and very hard on myself as I > feel I ought to be able to get myself well and not need to take > anything long term. However, it looks as if the armour thyroid (when > it arrives) will be. I feel a failure here.This is an extremely complex subject and you won't be functioning well enough to be able to do this without help. You are no failure, asking for help is the sign of an open and enquiring mind.> > > Just concentrating on getting my food shopping and my meals is enough > for the day - some days I do get for a walk but much later in the > day. I do believe that walking is good for the adrenals. I was > going to the gym as I am so worried about weight gain (in recovery > from an eating disorder) but that is too much now. I did the GP > referral scheme before Christmas which was working but now I am > having to cut down on what I do even more.Here's how you gauge whether you should be going for a walk: take your temp before the walk and again immediately afterwards. If it drops after the walk you know the adrenals aren't coping. I'd say don't do the walks for now.> > What is anyone's experience on weight and the armour thyroid - sorry > to sound so shallow but I know this bothers me. I just don't want to > go back to where I have been.

Until you get everything balanced you will experience weight fluctuations, that's my experience. Don't let it get you down because the weight loss will come.> Luv Bella>

Guest guest

Hello Keri (think that may be right?)

> I am putting out a call to those who have suffered with low cortisol > as well as the thyroid problems. I gather there is a lady called > Bella who is very knowledgeable.

Yes, Bella is and had helped me enormously Keri.> > I have been following guidelines from a nutritionist and taking Dr > 's dynamite adrenals (containing B vits) and licorice when I > wake and at 11 am but I am so fed up with my food. I know coffee > doesn't help the adrenals but I know it gives me a lift.

I still do the coffee thing firs in the morning Keri and I have been on my thyroid.adrenal journey a long time...don't be too hard on yourself re the coffee. Yes, it is not a good idea, but the trick is to try and include/reduce just the one thing at a time.> > Any advice would be appreciated. I find dealing with anything very > stressful and haven't been working for nearly a year - don't think > the isolation helps but I haven't anything to offer anyone at the > moment. I was a complementary therapist and very hard on myself as I > feel I ought to be able to get myself well and not need to take > anything long term. However, it looks as if the armour thyroid (when > it arrives) will be. I feel a failure here.

Before I embarked on Armour Keri, I spent a week on Nutri Adrenal Extra (NAE), building up my dose. Then I introduced the Armour alongside the NAE, builing up the dosage of that also. I would strongly urge you do likewise. It may mean that you have to wait another week until an order of NAE can get to you but if your adrenals are not supported prior to taking Armour, then you will have to backtrack and start all over again....(believe me I have backtracked a few times on my journey LOL!)> > I can only cope with very little at a time so I ask for your > patience. Stuff goes in one ear and out of the other - I can't seem > to understand sentences - almost childlike.

This takes a long time to get sorted Keri. After approximately 2 years I am on the road to being someone I can recognise as myself again. Please don't expect this particular recovery programme to happen instantly. > > Just concentrating on getting my food shopping and my meals is enough > for the day - some days I do get for a walk but much later in the > day. I do believe that walking is good for the adrenals. I was > going to the gym as I am so worried about weight gain (in recovery > from an eating disorder) but that is too much now. I did the GP > referral scheme before Christmas which was working but now I am > having to cut down on what I do even more.

It's good that you have recognised your limitations Keri. It took me a long time to get rid of the feeling that I ws being lazy and giving in (my masters programme). I had never heard of pacing before and had to get used to doing it - it does help enormously because even if we push pourselves just a little, the repercussions the next day and beyond are awful.> > What is anyone's experience on weight and the armour thyroid - sorry > to sound so shallow but I know this bothers me. I just don't want to > go back to where I have been.

No it isn't shallow Keri. Along with everything else that thyroidism and adrenal insufficiency throws at us is the eroding of our self esteen and confidence. Weight gain just seems to compound this. Personally, I started to lose a little, although regularly and consistently once I was on Armour. I now attend a weightwatchers class too, as I need the discipline to count what I eat and of course to eat little and often. This was something I never used to do!!!

> Feeling better getting this off my chest and I will make good use of > asking questions. Thank you.

You are welcome

June x>

Guest guest

>

> evening all; i was looking at getting some books on adrenal

fatigue,

> are there any recommendations as to which are best ? regards jane

Hiya

Adrenal Fatigue:The 21st Century Stress Syndrome by is

excellent.

x

Guest guest

Hi Jane

Go to the FILES in our forum and scroll down until you see 'TPA-UK Lending Library'. Some of us already have books on thyroid disease and other hormones such as adrenal - some books cover both such as Dr Peratfield's "Your Thyroid and How to keep it Healthy". You can contact the owner of these books and ask for their full name and home address and send them stamps to the value of £2.50 (we have had to put the price up recently). Send them the stamps and your name and address, and they will send the book out to you on loan.

Try not to keep the book for tool long though in case others need it.

Have a look at the list of books in our website too that are recommended

Luv - Sheila

adrenal fatigue

evening all; i was looking at getting some books on adrenal fatigue, are there any recommendations as to which are best ? regards janeNo virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.4.7/1544 - Release Date: 10/07/2008 07:37

Guest guest

hi marlene; thanks for that !! jane

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

Hi Jane

Go to the FILES in our forum and scroll down until you see 'TPA-UK Lending Library'. Some of us already have books on thyroid disease and other hormones such as adrenal - some books cover both such as Dr Peratfield's "Your Thyroid and How to keep it Healthy". You can contact the owner of these books and ask for their full name and home address and send them stamps to the value of £2.50 (we have had to put the price up recently). Send them the stamps and your name and address, and they will send the book out to you on loan.

Try not to keep the book for tool long though in case others need it.

Have a look at the list of books in our website too that are recommended

Luv - Sheila

evening all; i was looking at getting some books on adrenal fatigue, are there any recommendations as to which are best ? regards janeNo virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.4.7/1544 - Release Date: 10/07/2008 07:37

Guest guest

>

> Hi Bee

> Can this candida diet cause adrenal fatigue? The past week or so I

have been feeling terrible. Feeling really jittery and shaky inside and

a feeling of being dizzy, headache and not able to balance sort of.  I

was reading that sometimes the adrenals can put out too much cortisol

and that can cause lots of problems. Just wondering if it could be

something to do with the adrenals or if it could be something from my

BP (spiking) as it is quite elevated as well. It's sure not a good

feeling. I've decided to go back on the BP and cholesterol meds again

just to be on the safe side.

Hi Maddy. No, the diet doesn't " cause " health problems, it cures them.

All of your symptoms are die-off symptoms!!!!!!!!

Bee

Guest guest

>

> Hello Bee,

>

> I just wanted to let you know that I think your website is

wonderful.

> You have really found a way to express clear information about

Adrenal fatigue and other issues relating to it. I have been an

adrenal fatigue sufferer for a long time. Of course I wasn't aware

of this until I began going to alternative doctors for help.

+++Thank you so much Marisa S. I'm so happy my articles are helping

you!

>Candidiasis as a hugh issue for me, as well as very low hormone

levels, hypoglycemia, and extreme food allergies. I recently noticed

that when I took the armour thyroid for low thyroid levels, I felt

slight energy as you explain but then noticed an extreme increase in

food sensitivities and fatigue. It has gotten so bad that even the

smell of such foods I am allergic to make me very sick.

> I am told that these type of sensitivities are controlled by the

adrenals? My current Doctor was not putting the correlation together

that the thyroid med was making my adrenals more compromised. In

fact, when I told him that's what I thought was happening he didnt

seem to ever hear of that or take it seriously. I just stumbled upon

your website yesterday and your information about the thyroid and

adrenals really help confirm my thought. I just wanted to thank you

for that.

+++Marisa, you can learn a lot about " supposed " allergies to foods

too. There's so much false information about them. Doctors and most

holistic practitioners don't understand the body's healing

mechanisms, so they misinterpret reactions as allergies, when they

aren't. Allergic reactions are exactly the same set of symptoms as

healing reactions (after all we only have one immune system and one

set of reactions). Of course everyone is allergic to toxins, and some

people whose immune systems are depressed can react to an overload of

particles from pollen, dander, dust mites, molds, etc., since their

bodies already have a lot of toxins to deal with. Our food supply is

loaded with toxins, and some foods are very damaging unless they are

properly prepared, i.e. all soy products, grains, nuts, seeds, and

beans or peas from pods, etc.

Therefore such reactions are healing reactions the body creates

during the healing process. Foods that are " unadulterated " from

Mother Nature do not cause allergies, however they will cause healing

reactions, which means the body needs them in order to heal itself.

All human bodies are designed to have good unadulterated foods, so we

would never become allergic to them. This is true for eggs, which

contain a lot of sulphur which is antifungal, antibacterial,

antiviral and antiparasitic which will cause healing reactions. Also

many other foods have similar healing substances so of course our

bodies will have healing reactions.

To understand more please read these articles:

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/heal11.php

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/menu4_1.php

Be sure to read how the antibody theory is false, which is the basis

of testing allergies, and for creating vaccines, etc.:

http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/menu5_3_2.php

The best in health, Bee

Guest guest

The Adrenal Saliva test is the best for diagnosing and monitoring Adrenal

Fatigue. Blood tests can be done, but unless you have blood drawn around

the clock, it's difficult to depend on the results. You can check out the

lab work at https://sttm.mymedlab.com/ Click on the STTM Cortisol/DHEA

test for more information.

Best Wishes,

Guest guest

You can order the saliva/cortisol test from ZRT Labs and do the testat home yourself.It can be ordered athttp://www.canaryclub.org/home-test-kits/our-test-kits.htmlorhttps://www.zrtlab.com/Page.aspx?nid=418 & referrer=%2fPage.aspx%3fnid%3d291%26action%3dthanks%26cc%3dtrueBut Canary Club just orders them from ZRT at a discount.They also ask you to fill out a form listing your symptoms.AliOn Mar 31, 2009, at 6:13 AM, dan_judd_1255 wrote:Hello,Is there a blood, urine, or saliva test that is used to diagnose adrenal fatigue? Or is the diagnosis based on symptoms alone?

Guest guest

Thanks , I had this saliva test done 5 years ago, and the doctor found

high cortisol. However, no course of action was recommended (other than reducing

stress).

My cortisol numbers were (morning to evening) 31.9/10.0

My DHEA number was normal.

This doctor put me on progesterone, based on other saliva test results.

Then a 2nd doctor did the test again 4 year ago and found:

Cortisol numbers(morning to evening) 11.49/3.09/1.91/1.27

The second doctor did not test DHEA.

Again, reducing stress was the only recommendation for high cortisol.

Both times the numbers were too high, though they were better the second time.

I am now getting ready to do an Iodine Loading test, and am waiting on thyroid

blood tests, from a 3rd doctor. However, based on this history of high cortisol,

I am wondering if I should just start on the adrenal protocol recommended on

Steph's web site before I start taking the iodine (which I am assuming will be

low). If so, how long should I do the adrenal protocol before starting the

iodine, and before re-taking the saliva cortisol test? Do people use the saliva

cortisol test as a way to know when to stop the adrenal protocol?

Guest guest

wrote: I am now getting ready to do an Iodine Loading test, and am

waiting on thyroid blood tests, from a 3rd doctor. However, based on this

history of high Cortisol, I am wondering if I should just start on the

adrenal protocol recommended on Steph's web site before I start taking the

iodine (which I am assuming will be low). If so, how long should I do the

adrenal protocol before starting the iodine, and before re-taking the saliva

Cortisol test? Do people use the saliva Cortisol test as a way to know when

to stop the adrenal protocol?

I am also high on the Cortisol and high on RT3 so I take Cytomel (T3) and

follow the adrenal protocol. I do also take the iodine, Lugol's solution

2%, 16 drops daily. My temps, which I take three times daily (three hours

apart) are still jumping all over the place, so this is telling me my

adrenals need more attention. I had about a week when the temps were stable

around 97.8, but not now. I will continue the adrenal protocol until my

temps are stable for a week and will then repeat the saliva test to see

where we are. My new Dr did request a blood draw for the Cortisol (8am/4pm)

but I don't have the test results back yet.

So to answer your question, follow the adrenal protocol, take the iodine,

check your RT3, and repeat the saliva tests when your temps are a constant

average of 97.8 - 98 +/- Hope this helps.

Abundant Blessings,

Guest guest

Are RTS's, FreeT3's?AliOn Mar 31, 2009, at 9:50 AM, wrote: wrote: I am now getting ready to do an Iodine Loading test, and amwaiting on thyroid blood tests, from a 3rd doctor. However, based on thishistory of high Cortisol, I am wondering if I should just start on theadrenal protocol recommended on Steph's web site before I start taking theiodine (which I am assuming will be low). If so, how long should I do theadrenal protocol before starting the iodine, and before re-taking the salivaCortisol test? Do people use the saliva Cortisol test as a way to know whento stop the adrenal protocol?,I am also high on the Cortisol and high on RT3 so I take Cytomel (T3) andfollow the adrenal protocol. I do also take the iodine, Lugol's solution2%, 16 drops daily. My temps, which I take three times daily (three hoursapart) are still jumping all over the place, so this is telling me myadrenals need more attention. I had about a week when the temps were stablearound 97.8, but not now. I will continue the adrenal protocol until mytemps are stable for a week and will then repeat the saliva test to seewhere we are. My new Dr did request a blood draw for the Cortisol (8am/4pm)but I don't have the test results back yet.So to answer your question, follow the adrenal protocol, take the iodine,check your RT3, and repeat the saliva tests when your temps are a constantaverage of 97.8 - 98 +/- Hope this helps.Abundant Blessings,

Guest guest

This is really helpful , Thank you!

What is RT3?

I have been doing the morning temps with a digital basal thermometer under the

arm (my temps are low, & my blood pressure is very low). I assume I do the

daytime temps the same way?

> ,

> I am also high on the Cortisol and high on RT3 so I take Cytomel (T3) and

> follow the adrenal protocol. I do also take the iodine, Lugol's solution

> 2%, 16 drops daily. My temps, which I take three times daily (three hours

> apart) are still jumping all over the place, so this is telling me my

> adrenals need more attention. I had about a week when the temps were stable

> around 97.8, but not now. I will continue the adrenal protocol until my

> temps are stable for a week and will then repeat the saliva test to see

> where we are. My new Dr did request a blood draw for the Cortisol (8am/4pm)

> but I don't have the test results back yet.

>

> So to answer your question, follow the adrenal protocol, take the iodine,

> check your RT3, and repeat the saliva tests when your temps are a constant

> average of 97.8 - 98 +/- Hope this helps.

>

> Abundant Blessings,

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks Ali, It looks like this site has a better price, esp when you consider

they are doing estrogen and progesterone at the same time as the cortisol.

Though I believe it is best to do estrogen and progesterone throughout the month

instead of on one day.

>

> > Hello,

> > Is there a blood, urine, or saliva test that is used to diagnose

> > adrenal fatigue? Or is the diagnosis based on symptoms alone?

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

wrote: This is really helpful , Thank you!

What is RT3?

I have been doing the morning temps with a digital basal thermometer under

the arm (my temps are low, & my blood pressure is very low). I assume I do

the daytime temps the same way?

RT3 is reverse T3, which is inactive triiodothyronine (T3) that is formed

during periods of stress on the body and is usually high when there are

adrenal issues involved. As for taking the temps, hopefully someone will

correct me if wrong; Taking the temp under the arm prior to getting out of

bed is to help determine a diagnosis of hypothyroid. Taking the temps

during the day are to be done three hours after arising from bed, three

hours later and then three hours later to define an average. For this you

would take the temp via under the tongue, (for at least 5 mins). Repeating

this process for five days and taking each days average you can mark the

fluctuation of your temps which is a good measure of adrenal issues.

If you have not already read the Stop the Thyroid Madness book, I urge you

to do so, for its loaded with very important information and guides you to

treatment.

Abundant Blessings,

Guest guest

Thanks , I didn't realize there was a book associated with the Stop the

Thyroid Madness web site. I just ordered Dr Brownsteins salt and Iodine books. I

will get the Stop book when I am finished with them. I don't think my doctor is

testing me for RT3, just Free T3. I will have to keep my eye out for that.

This is really helpful , Thank you!

> What is RT3?

> I have been doing the morning temps with a digital basal thermometer under

> the arm (my temps are low, & my blood pressure is very low). I assume I do

> the daytime temps the same way?

>

> ,

> RT3 is reverse T3, which is inactive triiodothyronine (T3) that is formed

> during periods of stress on the body and is usually high when there are

> adrenal issues involved. As for taking the temps, hopefully someone will

> correct me if wrong; Taking the temp under the arm prior to getting out of

> bed is to help determine a diagnosis of hypothyroid. Taking the temps

> during the day are to be done three hours after arising from bed, three

> hours later and then three hours later to define an average. For this you

> would take the temp via under the tongue, (for at least 5 mins). Repeating

> this process for five days and taking each days average you can mark the

> fluctuation of your temps which is a good measure of adrenal issues.

>

> If you have not already read the Stop the Thyroid Madness book, I urge you

> to do so, for its loaded with very important information and guides you to

> treatment.

>

> Abundant Blessings,

>

>

Guest guest

My experience with high cortisol is this.I started iodine about 9mo. ago.Gradually my temp became higher. Then I founda doctor to prescribe Armour. I began it and got to 2 1/2 grains but he never said to not increase w/outproper adrenal support or a good iron level.My temp dropped again to 94, 95, 96.8 and I got acne, fatigue, PMS etc. So then I got a ferritin test, & found that I had low iron, ( & had high cortisol).(He was treating me w/dess. adrenal for high cortisol.)So I stopped the des. adrenal & started PS in afternoon & eve. (That was when they were too high.)for high cortisol & wala! My achey adrenals are not so achy any more.And my blood suger levels/hypoglycemia is better.(I can go longer between meals.) And now I am on 1 1/2 grains ofArmour. So once my iron gets to 70, I will gradually increasethe Armour again. And for now I tolerate a low temp. Does that help at all?I hope so. The iodine meanwhile has been detoxing my body.I do a gradual increase, now at 37.5mg, and have good energy,and no more insomnia, or eye socket throbbing.Iodine rocks.!Be Well,AliAlison Trotta-MarshallOn Mar 31, 2009, at 9:11 AM, dan_judd_1255 wrote:Thanks , I had this saliva test done 5 years ago, and the doctor found high cortisol. However, no course of action was recommended (other than reducing stress).My cortisol numbers were (morning to evening) 31.9/10.0My DHEA number was normal.This doctor put me on progesterone, based on other saliva test results.Then a 2nd doctor did the test again 4 year ago and found:Cortisol numbers(morning to evening) 11.49/3.09/1.91/1.27The second doctor did not test DHEA. Again, reducing stress was the only recommendation for high cortisol.Both times the numbers were too high, though they were better the second time.I am now getting ready to do an Iodine Loading test, and am waiting on thyroid blood tests, from a 3rd doctor. However, based on this history of high cortisol, I am wondering if I should just start on the adrenal protocol recommended on Steph's web site before I start taking the iodine (which I am assuming will be low). If so, how long should I do the adrenal protocol before starting the iodine, and before re-taking the saliva cortisol test? Do people use the saliva cortisol test as a way to know when to stop the adrenal protocol?

Guest guest

Thanks Ali, This helps. I see that these things are all interrelated and the

path foward is not always a straight one.

" So I stopped the des. adrenal & started PS in afternoon & eve. "

What is PS?

>

> >

> > Thanks , I had this saliva test done 5 years ago, and the

> > doctor found high cortisol. However, no course of action was

> > recommended (other than reducing stress).

> > My cortisol numbers were (morning to evening) 31.9/10.0

> > My DHEA number was normal.

> > This doctor put me on progesterone, based on other saliva test

> > results.

> >

> > Then a 2nd doctor did the test again 4 year ago and found:

> > Cortisol numbers(morning to evening) 11.49/3.09/1.91/1.27

> > The second doctor did not test DHEA.

> > Again, reducing stress was the only recommendation for high cortisol.

> >

> > Both times the numbers were too high, though they were better the

> > second time.

> >

> > I am now getting ready to do an Iodine Loading test, and am waiting

> > on thyroid blood tests, from a 3rd doctor. However, based on this

> > history of high cortisol, I am wondering if I should just start on

> > the adrenal protocol recommended on Steph's web site before I start

> > taking the iodine (which I am assuming will be low). If so, how long

> > should I do the adrenal protocol before starting the iodine, and

> > before re-taking the saliva cortisol test? Do people use the saliva

> > cortisol test as a way to know when to stop the adrenal protocol?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>