RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hi Everyone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It does not even get down into the 70's at night here. The overnight low's are only down in the low to mid 90's. & the afternoon highs are 100 to 107. I would love to get out of here. I would rather put up with the midwest winters & it's sub-zero temps, then the desert's somer's Hot weather.

Terry

imaganeer wrote:

The weather has been beautiful here too. Sunny, mid 70's. My idea of perfect. -dz- Dennis wrote:

Welcome - and to all the other newbies, as well.

He is a great guy. Works construction and helps me split wood - he meets my approval :-)

They have a Great Dane. He is so big he can sit on your lap when you are sitting! He is like handling a small horse.

Weather is perfect in NH now but heat is coming back for the weekend.

Everyone have a nice day.

Dennis

Re: [ ] Hi Everyone

Hello Dennis I am a new hepper to the group. Glad to hear your daughter is getting married. I hope her husband mets your approval.

Darlene

Dennis wrote:

Hi Family

Nothing new - just saying Hi. Did a small hike on Sunday - hot & humid - not much fun but got some exercise. Front brakes went in the truck but we spliced in a new piece of brake line and I'm back on the road. VERY dry here - been watering the garden and the well is holding ok. Guess that's all I can ask for.

Alison (daughter) getting married in October. Things are getting strange with the women already. Never saw so much toodo over invitations, clothes, flowers, etc.

Be Well,

Dennis

Guest guest

Terry if there is one thing I will not abide for long is gossipy people. I have a firm belief in the fact that once a person shows you who they are.... believe them. Its interesting that people like that justify their actions... oh they don't gossip or are not back stabbers... right. One should always find the kindest way to say something and one should never say something. about a person they would not say to the person. Life is way to short for people like that to take up my time for very long. Most especially in families. It is sooooooo destructive always but in families the destruction it creates is so devastating. If anyone and I don't care who they are approaches me and says don't tell anyone but ( let your imagination go wild ) and the tongue starts to wag. I say hold it right there. Stop if you need to share something important that you feel I can help you with regarding yourself that is fine but I won't discuss (lets say for practical purposes) Terry until Terry is here and can contribute to the conversation. Wars could be averted if more people would simply follow that golden rule. I believe anyone who wants me to share or make me a partner in backstabbing and gossip is trying to drag me into a very unholy alliance. Why are so people so shallow and petty they feel to build themselves up they have to tear someone else down. If someone starts a conversation with don't say anything but the first person that should not say anything is that person!!!!! I mean if they are about to compliment someone and say something positive and nice and be a day brightner they don't start the conversation with Don't say anything but............. One can tell the difference between sharing a confidence and participating in gossip. Have you thought to confront your aunt? Or asking her to please stop? Let me tell you if they will do it with you they will do it to you..... I can't stand people who are nice to your face and you know they will slip the knife in your back first opportunity.... Oh Oh Fluffy just got up on her soap box. I'll quite down now. Re: [ ] Hi Everyone My aunt is nice to our wife's but behind there backs, she can be down right mean. Terry imaganeer wrote: It reminds me of a funny story about my ex father-in-law. He never approved of me in the beginning. I would stop over on a Saturday or Sunday and he would go to the fridge and get himself a beer and never even offer me one, though he knew I imbibed (at that time). The day my ex went in and showed him her ring, he asked "Well, ask Dave in for a beer!" and we were buddies from then on. (he passed away before our divorce). After we got engaged, every time I came over he would kid me and tell me, "Dave, you know it's not too late!". Over and over again I heard that. On our wedding day as the crowd walked out of the church to shake hands and kiss the bride, he shook my hand, looked me in the eye and said, "Dave, it's too late." :) -dz- Terry Long wrote: Darlene, don't you know most fathers don't approve of the men their little girl brings home. At least with the men our daughter hooks up with, Susy does not aprrove of them also. So in my case it is not just Daddy's little girl. A lot of mothers don't approve of the women their sons brings home. In my & Susy's case her parents, sister & brothers loved me & thought I was the best thing to happen to her. My parents felt the same way about her. I have an Aunt who does not approve of the women her sons married or the women my other cousons & I married. But she does approve of the men my female cousons married. Terry Darlene wrote: Hello Dennis I am a new hepper to the group. Glad to hear your daughter is getting married. I hope her husband mets your approval. Darlene Dennis wrote: Hi Family Nothing new - just saying Hi. Did a small hike on Sunday - hot & humid - not much fun but got some exercise. Front brakes went in the truck but we spliced in a new piece of brake line and I'm back on the road. VERY dry here - been watering the garden and the well is holding ok. Guess that's all I can ask for. Alison (daughter) getting married in October. Things are getting strange with the women already. Never saw so much toodo over invitations, clothes, flowers, etc. Be Well, Dennis

Guest guest

Dennis, Susy & I gave up our waterbed last year. $1,000 is about right for a good Mattress. We spent $1,200 last year for a Select-Comfort "Air Mattress", you select how much support on your side of the bed. I have it around 70 to 80 on my side, Susy likes her's in the 30 to 40 range. Our backs feel a lot better now. Waterbeds are great when your younger, but they don't give you much back support. Once we get older we need more back support.

Terry

Dennis wrote:

Hi Everyone

Just checking in from NH

Been camping up above Sebago Lake in Maine for a few days and looking for land - we're thinking of moving up there. (A psychic friend said we should move there.)

Had one day of good rain but things are still very dry. My well has about 24'' of usable water left. Garden isn't doing super but we are getting a few tomatoes and some sweet pea flowers. The garlic did great.

We went out and bought a mattress today - BIG bucks. I said to Judy it was strange that we thought we were worth spending $1,000 on ourselves and she said we were. We have been sleeping (?) on an old water bed for 15 years and get up tired with back aches. I guess it is about time - probably save a bundle on chiropractic fees :-) Did a small hike Sunday and man am I out of shape. Have to get out more.

Just wanted to say hi. The dogs, cats, bunny, fish, and hens are doing fine. Getting one and one half eggs a day from two hens.

Not bad for old girls.

Be well and think positive,

Dennis

Guest guest

Sounds like your doing really well. It's good to hear from you. Sleep good tonight.

Sharon

Dennis wrote:

Hi Everyone

Just checking in from NH

Been camping up above Sebago Lake in Maine for a few days and looking for land - we're thinking of moving up there. (A psychic friend said we should move there.)

Had one day of good rain but things are still very dry. My well has about 24'' of usable water left. Garden isn't doing super but we are getting a few tomatoes and some sweet pea flowers. The garlic did great.

We went out and bought a mattress today - BIG bucks. I said to Judy it was strange that we thought we were worth spending $1,000 on ourselves and she said we were. We have been sleeping (?) on an old water bed for 15 years and get up tired with back aches. I guess it is about time - probably save a bundle on chiropractic fees :-) Did a small hike Sunday and man am I out of shape. Have to get out more.

Just wanted to say hi. The dogs, cats, bunny, fish, and hens are doing fine. Getting one and one half eggs a day from two hens.

Not bad for old girls.

Dennis

Guest guest

Hey Terry...maybe you and Susy could pick up some extra bucks by doing one of those Select Comfort commercials, LOL. Of course, you'd have to get the dogs favorite sleep numbers too, just to keep everything fair. Regards,

Terry Long wrote:

Dennis, Susy & I gave up our waterbed last year. $1,000 is about right for a good Mattress. We spent $1,200 last year for a Select-Comfort "Air Mattress", you select how much support on your side of the bed. I have it around 70 to 80 on my side, Susy likes her's in the 30 to 40 range. Our backs feel a lot better now. Waterbeds are great when your younger, but they don't give you much back support. Once we get older we need more back support. Terry Dennis wrote:

Hi Everyone

Just checking in from NH

Not bad for old girls.

Dennis

Guest guest

Teddy never sleeps with us, he will sleep on our bed till we are ready for bed then he gets down. But Dr Pepper sleeps with us & Midget use to sleep with us, they would go back & forth during the night, changing from Susy's side to my side.

The funny thing is before we had any dogs, we were talking with Susy's brother & his wife. They were visting Susy's parents, their dog pushed her brother off the bed & ended sleep on the floor "the guest room bed was a double & their bed at home was a king". I said that I would never sleep with a dog & less then three years later I was sleeping with two dogs but our two dogs together wouldn't even make a snack for their dog.

Terry

M B wrote:

Hey Terry...maybe you and Susy could pick up some extra bucks by doing one of those Select Comfort commercials, LOL. Of course, you'd have to get the dogs favorite sleep numbers too, just to keep everything fair. Regards, Terry Long wrote:

Dennis, Susy & I gave up our waterbed last year. $1,000 is about right for a good Mattress. We spent $1,200 last year for a Select-Comfort "Air Mattress", you select how much support on your side of the bed. I have it around 70 to 80 on my side, Susy likes her's in the 30 to 40 range. Our backs feel a lot better now. Waterbeds are great when your younger, but they don't give you much back support. Once we get older we need more back support. Terry Dennis wrote:

Hi Everyone

Just checking in from NH

Not bad for old girls.

Dennis

Guest guest

Dennis ~~

After hearing you talk about all your hiking adventures, I feel like such a slug! Maybe you will motivate me. Glad you and all the pets are doing well. Regards,

Dennis wrote:

Hi Everyone

Just checking in from NH

Not bad for old girls.

Dennis

Guest guest

Terry. My heart goes out to you and Susy.... As you know I have been

there done that many, many times. It is easy to say never again, but

sticking to it is even more difficult. I will pray that things work out

for your family.... This is a real good lesson about meeting someone in

a chat group...... The only way to get to know someone is to spend time

in their presence. We are here for you Terry.....

Angel Hugs,

Diane

May Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Guest guest

Oh my goodness !!!! It sounds like your son is haveing a very rough

time. I think from the way it sounds it would be the best thing for him

to loose that woman she dosn't sound like she is to swift. I am sure

once your son gets back home and on his feet he will be ok. The best

thing for him sounds like to get as far away from that woman as he can.

I hope he has learned a lesson here. We all make mistakes but as long as

we learn from them.

I know how it goes to not have alot of money to help out the kids. My

son is getting married in June and we want to help with the wedding but

at the rate things are going here I don't see how we can help much and

this girlfriends mom drinks all her money up what a mess.

I will be praying for your son that he can get back home and things turn

around for him.

Pamm

Guest guest

I don't know Jan - it could take them along time chasing you to get

you to pay after you went back home!

CArole K

> hi everyone....Ive been offline a few days..hope everyone is well.

Ive read about a few of you getting together, Im really

envious..sounds like fun. If I could get travel insurance Id use up

all my air points and join you all but alas the insurance companies

think Im too much of a risk. Kicking the bucket, or carking it,

wouldnt matter but being taken ill whilst in your country would be a

major cost...it would bankrupt us I think. I will dream on!

> Love Jan

Guest guest

Jan..... just don't get sick and die while you're here. You can surely

last a couple of days can't you?

love jerry

Guest guest

Thanks nne

I have a hard time getting my doctor answer my calls. Our rapport is not the best. I have tried to figure what is the matter but nothing seems to work. I like him. I really do but our personalities just dont click!! It has been a week now and I still dont know what all the results are on the tests. I had a call from his nurse yesterday. She said my glucose is 186. My sed rate is down to 75. My APs are 255. She said the doctor wanted to read more on the "ops" (whatever those are) and she definitely would get back to me on the decision.

He took me off the Urso for a month to see if that could be part of the problem. Then put me on Nexium. I dont think we are suppose to have Nexium but I am taking it till he calls me.

Yep!! I am very tired of all this. I have to find a new gastro and soon but until then..... I am so frustrated.

Thanks for listening!! Marcy The RA told me I dont have Arthritis....and sent me back to gastro!!

Guest guest

Hi there, well I think that I have done something what? I don't know. I am in

so much pain now that its from my lower back and runs down my right leg. If

you would say on a scale of 1 to 10 well it has to be 11. I have an appointment

for this Thursday but I might have to go to the ER if it don't get better. I

have never had this pain before. This bad that is. I have had pain down my

right leg but nothing like this. And I have to say that I will not let this Dr.

do surgery on me again. No matter what. I have been thinking of changing Drs.

too. The cages that they put in me I wonder if they might have collapses? And

now my vertebras are bone on bone? Any out put out there? Has this happen to

anyone?

Thanks for you help.

Take care,

of the South Proud to be who I am.

Guest guest

Sorry you're in so much pain, is the pain in your back and right leg an achy

pain or nerve pain? When did it start to hurt so bad? When was your surgery?

I hope you are able to get to the doctor soon but with this being the beginning

of the holiday weekend I'd say go to the ER, if (God forbid) the doc happened to

mess up in the surgery (if that was recent, etc etc) you will want to show you

didnt wait around, so hit the er and tell them all your pains and tell them you

want tests done not just a shot of meds and a pat on the back with a note to

call your doc in the am. Good luck and let us know!

Connie

Re: Hi Everyone

> Hi there, well I think that I have done something what? I don't know. I am in

> so much pain now that its from my lower back and runs down my right leg. If

> you would say on a scale of 1 to 10 well it has to be 11. I have an

appointment

> for this Thursday but I might have to go to the ER if it don't get better. I

> have never had this pain before. This bad that is. I have had pain down my

> right leg but nothing like this. And I have to say that I will not let this

Dr.

> do surgery on me again. No matter what. I have been thinking of changing Drs.

> too. The cages that they put in me I wonder if they might have collapses? And

> now my vertebras are bone on bone? Any out put out there? Has this happen to

> anyone?

> Thanks for you help.

> Take care,

> of the South Proud to be who I am.

>

>

>

Guest guest

I too am sorry you are in pain...Would the cage collapse? What kind of

cage is it. Did they use that inbetween your vertabras? I have bone graft and

screws and rods so not familiar with the cage. But I would deffinatly hit the

ER if the pain is that pain. Although I must say they probably wont do much.

When I fell and was dying in pain I went to the ER and had my wheel chari hit

3xs by some old lady and after screaming in pain they still let me sit there.

When finally i got called in they automatically was like oh its muscle so were

not going to take an xray..I was like WRONG..you will take an xray and you will

like doing it..lol They sent me home with muscle relaxers and told me to call

my doc..sooo sometimes calling him first is the best thing. But it is the

weekend and Tues will be the earliest you can get him so if its that bad ER is

the way to go..If anything to at least to get some pain relief..

Let us know how you are.

Guest guest

Hi , My surgery was back in Aug, 2002. My Dr. said that the surgery was

good. But, he don't have my back either. I keep telling him that I was hurting

and all he said was that I was too big. But, I was doing so, so and even

thought that I was doing ok. About the cage. It is a cage with bone graph in it

and the rods and screws and pins and plates. And they are in the in-between the

vertebras. I have 3 of them. The pain is a dull then its stabbing then it

starts from my lower back and do stop until the end of my leg. I can't sleep

can't

do anything without hurting really bad. I am thinking of going to the ER as

my appointment is not until Thursday. And my pain medication is where it don't

really help out any. And I have triple it sometimes. I do have a brace that I

am to wear but again it don't help out any. And I notice when I am hurting so

I start to sweat so. I guess cause of the pain. I wish I could get SS but I

don't have enough quarters they say. But, they take out medicare.....

Well, I am off to bed so everyone take care.

PS and this..does your or anyone when their pain is bad does the skin feel

hot to the touch?

Guest guest

you had this pain since last Aug? or were you doing better then it just

started. If thats the case maybe something came loose? or shifted. I do know

my doc told me that after so many months he would take xrays to make sure my

fusion took. But I dont have any cages I have the bones being fused with my bone

and the screws and rods to hold it all in place. He did also say that theres

a chance that the screws could break off if the fusion didnt take.

My back was hot for a while. I remember my hubby touching it and saying it

was warm..But I couldnt tell you if I was in pain. It was soon after surgery so

it may have been.

Guest guest

Proud -

It sounds like a herniated lumbar disc or sciatica. Just go to your

doctor or the emergency room and keep repeating the following 2 word

mantra to them in a loud booming voice: " MRI DAMMITTTT!!! "

joe

> have never had this pain before. This bad that is. I have had pain down my

> right leg but nothing like this. And I have to say that I will not let

this Dr.

> do surgery on me again. No matter what. I have been thinking of changing

Drs.

Guest guest

Greetings from fog-bound San Francisco.

I've been doing okay. Finally got my travelogue for the Canyons of

the West trip I took in July written and edited. Now I have to proof

read and edit it one more time. I don't know if I'll try posting it

on my website or offer it as a Word attachment.

Sunday is the fifth anniversary of the passing of my cat Bast. He

lived to be 15 and we were together almost all of his life. I saw him

being born and saw him take his final breath. As a memorial to him

I'm going to the Marin Headlands, which is a National Park over the

Golden Gate Bridge just north of San Francisco. There's a nice spot

off one of the trails where I plan on sitting, eating lunch and

reading a copy of a memorial service that was posted for Bast back in

1998. If I'm lucky and it's not too foggy I should be able to look

out over the Pacific. If it's really foggy, then I'll be staring into

the fog bank a few hundred yards off shore. LOL! At least it'll be

nice to get in to an undeveloped area for a few hours, even though

the Headlands is an ex-military fort and many of the old buildings

reamin.

Hope everyone has a good Labor Day.

CatmanLou [with his cats Bella & Sammy F.C.]

> Hi all. I wasn't getting meassages the last few days. It took me

untill today to figure out that I was bumped. How has everyone been

doing.

Guest guest

Janet-

Re. Bast: You can't live with someone, be it a cat, dog, etc. or

human for 15-years and not learn something from them. Bast taught me

a lot about myself and my own animal nature. I could go on and on

with Bast stories but cats are not the topic of this Group.

I've been busting my a** at work. My supervisor dosen't seem to

realize my work load and she keeps giving me more tasks. It would be

nice if she could spend a day following me around seeing how hard I

work. " Walk a mile in my shoes " and all that. LOL! Years ago our

Personnel Director did something like that. She spent a half day

working along side me to get a feel of what I did and what I had to

put up with. Back then we had ~140 employees, four divisions and were

in a nice location along the northern waterfront here in San

Francisco. Over the years the company has shrunk to the current ~24

employees and moved to the Financial District. I still miss the old

location. There was a large park next to the building and I used to

eat lunch there. I know that I watched several generations of

Brewer's Blackbirds go from fledglings to adults during those years.

There was a genetic defect in that population where there was always

one bird with a clubbed foot. Of course it didn't stop the bird from

reproducing and the one with the bad foot hopped around alright.

I read this Group's messages almost everyday but mainly just lurk.

Oh, I have a doctors appointment this Tuesday with my PCP. He'll

write a new script for Atenolol for my b.p. and take blood for my

liver values. I have to ask him about my keee, the one I injured

hiking in the Grand Canyon, my wrist [chronic soreness] and my foot

[the top of my left foot is numb]. I also need to get copies of my

past liver test results for my file. He'll probably want to schedule

another EKG, since it's been a year since my last one and both my

parents died of heart attacks. The worst part though is the

cholesterol test. I'm going to have to fast from midnight Monday. But

there's a grocery store down the street from the dr.'s with a deli

section so I can stop in and get something to eat on my way in to

work after the appointment. I was thinking of a big greasy sandwich.

LOL!

Did you get to see Mars? I saw it from Zion N. P. in Utah last month

and it was very impressive! But it's been so foggy at night here the

past few days that it's not worth getting up and going to the roof of

our apartment in the middle of the night to look for it. Not that

I've not done things like that before...I've even met my neighbors

from the building up there looking at lunar eclipses. LOL!

That's it from here for now. We closed the office early today but I'm

sticking around to do personal stuff on the computer.

L, B & SFC

> Hey there Lou. Nice hearing from you again..Sorry to hear about

Bast though..I know it's hard to lose a pet..I have 2 of my own and

love them so much..So what else have you been up to??? It's been

pretty quiet in here lately..Maybe with you back it'll boost things

up a bit..Dave has been moving. Terry working and fighting the heat.

Diane is missing. Sharon is enjoying school starting like I am and so

the list goes on....But hey don't take so long to write us back ok????

Guest guest

Greetings. Kind of reminds me of the song Mr. Bojangles who still grieved 20 years after the passing of his dog. I saw my dog, Lady take her last breath about a year ago. We knew her health was failing, it was off and on bad, but this time it seemed pretty bad. We had called the vet and were about to take her in, when nature took it's course. My step-son has some land and we buried her there. Do you write professionally? I'd be interested to check out your travelogue. I wish I had journaled some of my trips... the memories fade after a while. -dz-Wharf_Kitty <Lou.Kurdziel@...> wrote:

Greetings from fog-bound San Francisco. I've been doing okay. Finally got my travelogue for the Canyons of the West trip I took in July written and edited. Now I have to proof read and edit it one more time. I don't know if I'll try posting it on my website or offer it as a Word attachment.Sunday is the fifth anniversary of the passing of my cat Bast. He lived to be 15 and we were together almost all of his life. I saw him being born and saw him take his final breath. As a memorial to him I'm going to the Marin Headlands, which is a National Park over the Golden Gate Bridge just north of San Francisco. There's a nice spot off one of the trails where I plan on sitting, eating lunch and reading a copy of a memorial service that was posted for Bast back in 1998. If I'm lucky and it's not too foggy I should be able to look

out over the Pacific. If it's really foggy, then I'll be staring into the fog bank a few hundred yards off shore. LOL! At least it'll be nice to get in to an undeveloped area for a few hours, even though the Headlands is an ex-military fort and many of the old buildings reamin.Hope everyone has a good Labor Day.CatmanLou [with his cats Bella & Sammy F.C.]> Hi all. I wasn't getting meassages the last few days. It took me untill today to figure out that I was bumped. How has everyone been doing.

Guest guest

Dave-

Bast's decline was quick. Ten days from the time I realized his

being " off the fed " was indicating a serious problem until he crossed

to the Rainbow Bridge. What I thought was IBD [irritable Bowel

Disease] was really the first sign of bowel cancer. It was never

fully under control. If I'd been more concerned, I'd have taken him

in for tests and the diagnosis would have been made sooner. Anyway, I

believe that all things work out like they should. The day hasn't

gone by that I've not thought about that old cat but now the memories

are more of the pleasant ones.

No, I don't write professionally, I just write for fun. The fiction

pieces that I write are known as Catchat stories and involve cats

engaging in human activities. This is part of an Internet cat

discussion List that I belong to. The most recent story was one in

which a group of the cats went on a Carribbean cruise aboard a ship

called the Catlantic Princess. My cat Sam leads a band in catchat

called Sammy F.C. and the Flurffles and they had a gig playing for

the cruise. Yeah, I guess I'm nutso but I think ya'll understand. LOL!

I started writing the travelogues in 1997 and will be happy to send

any of them to you. It's nice having a computer at jome, before I had

to rely on the one at work. I wrote the draft for the travelogue for

the Canyons of the West trip shortly after I got back when everything

was still fresh in my mind. It's on a floppy so I can take it to work

and work on it there during my lunch hour.

If anyone else wants to read about my travels with the Green

Tortoise, mostly in the western US with two trips to Baja, please

email me privately at catmanlou@...

L, B & SFC

> Greetings. Kind of reminds me of the song Mr. Bojangles who still

grieved 20 years after the passing of his dog. I saw my dog, Lady

take her last breath about a year ago. We knew her health was

failing, it was off and on bad, but this time it seemed pretty bad.

We had called the vet and were about to take her in, when nature took

it's course. My step-son has some land and we buried her there. Do

you write professionally? I'd be interested to check out your

travelogue. I wish I had journaled some of my trips... the memories

fade after a while. -dz-

Guest guest

Yes, it is a big side effect. For me it doesn't go away until I am on

my optimum dosage.

Jan

>

> I was wondering...can depression be a side effect of

hypothyroidism?

> This semester has been crazy for me but I'm not sure that

> the " feeling down " I have experienced is just situational. Does

> anyone know this?

>

>

Guest guest

Hi :

Depression is a big side effect. I was so sad all the time. I had to force

myself out of bed in the morning. I didn't want to anything or see anyone. I

blamed it on menopause!

I did not know that there were thyroid problems in my family. DUH! My mom is

hypo, but she never told anyone. Or, if she did, I did not remember. Inability

to remember or foggy brain is also a symptom of being hypo. I am still waiting

for the memory to clear up but the depression seems to be better. My main

problem is being tired all the time, but I have been told that will clear up,

too!

This board is a great place to ask questions and vent. I have learned alot from

these folks and it helps to have someplace to go to check your sanity, too!

Barb

sunnygal7@... wrote:

I was wondering...can depression be a side effect of hypothyroidism?

This semester has been crazy for me but I'm not sure that

the " feeling down " I have experienced is just situational. Does

anyone know this?