RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

First Day of School

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Jill,

You know, it is a funny thing, I just let folks ramble on about their new drapes, vacations, and what not. It seems there has been a side of me that I have kept "secret" from others. It is hard to explain, sometimes it makes me feel kind of on the outside looking in at "normal" people, sometimes I wonder how a life not filled with so much stress and turmoil would have been for me, but have been this way so long I guess I wouldn't like normal now anyway, it would feel weird to me.

And as to the pleasure, I think my life is pleasurable the way it is. Like earlier today I took the 3grandkids out biking. The two older ones are old enough to ride their own bikes now thank goodness, but I haul little Lucas in the trailer. We peddled on over to my mom's house, she is 88 now, and they were holding a community garage sale at the over 55 manufactured home park she lives in. So it was fun peddling up with the kids, gave them all something to look at.haha

My aunt and her daughter from Tulsa were visiting, so we chit chatted some. Also another cousin was there, she lost one of her two sons to leukemia last year. He went through a lot of suffering, and his brother who has finished his schooling now to become a doctor, but hasn't passed his boards yet, gave him a bone marrow transplant. And it was successful, the cancer did not kill his brother, but the fungus he got in his brain from all the anti-rejection drugs.

So I don't know what would be worse, having a son like mine who has been disabled all of his life, or one who was struck down like hers was in the prime of his life, only about 30, his dentist discovered he had swollen glands at a regular check up.

Well that is about it, I am a little tired right now so think I will crash, not as young as I used to be, went on MEDICARE this month, yaaaaee, I am 65 on Sept. 30th, same day as my aunt , she is 12 years older than me. We are looking forward to watching our University of Oregon Ducks football team play in an hour or so, hoping for the best. They are playing Fresno State, and they are supposed to be pretty good.

Something to do, don't have to do much but sit and yell!

Carolyn in Oregon

First day of school

Hi all,

Well the kids got through their first day of school here, and all is well in our world. started 1st grade, big thing for him. He dressed up really cool, dark shirt with skull and crossbones from "Pirates of the Caribbean" on the front. Black pants with kind of a tattered look, bought them that way, and his blond curly hair spiked on top with red spike stuff. Oh yes and black and red Sketchers on his feet.

I was all excited and asked him if his teacher was nice, and he said quite nonchalantly, "Not really." Poor kids have to follow the rules now. He said he had chicken nuggets for lunch, and three recesses, that was fun. He looked beat, and it is hot here, so I made him put his shorts on.

Yesterday I took them to see "Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest," to celebrate their last day of freedom, and I must say it was quite an exciting show, I would highly recommend it, was much better than the first one I though.

And Sierra had a fine day too. She thinks she is going to like Ms. Dopps, I had it wrong, thought it was Ms. Botts. She has some of her old friends back she missed last year, and she said she really liked the teacher. She is the one who I said was a lesbian, but we have decided she will stay in class and make the best of it, let her little light shine for Jesus, and all of that, see how it goes.

And I got to thinking maybe some feminist input wouldn't hurt her anyway, as she does tend to be too submissive to males. The teacher did an exercise on bullying and used Sierra as an example, said if Sierra was bullying , what would do. Everybody laughed, as is a big boy, and Sierra a little girl.

And I got her a new cell phone yesterday, and she is just as happy as if she had won a million $$. We got it free and added to my own phone plan for just $9.99 a month. She has it all figured out already, but they don't let you use them in school, which is fine, but now she can call if she gets in trouble. Like today she forgot to get . Their mom was going to meet them down the street at a church so she wouldn't have to drive through all the traffic in front of the school, and Sierra didn't have so she had go back and do it anyway.

Ooops.

Tomorrow I get the three of them back, have to start getting them ready right away, take them, come back and care for little Lucas, he is just 2. Think we are going to do some bike riding with him in the trailer. I told the others, and they said, "Oh noooooooo you can't leave us."

Oh well, school now for them, no more fun with grandma, well for awhile anyway, it is Lukey's turn now, and I can't wait!

Oh yes, my 42 year old "autistic" brain damged child threw up. left his food going and forgot to connect the pump, so he got three cans at once. Too much, had to take him in the bathroom and change his clothes. (Marty is on a Peg tube for those who don't know.)

Carolyn

size=2 width="100%" align=center>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.7/437 - Release Date: 9/4/2006

Guest guest

Hi Jill,

You know, it is a funny thing, I just let folks ramble on about their new drapes, vacations, and what not. It seems there has been a side of me that I have kept "secret" from others. It is hard to explain, sometimes it makes me feel kind of on the outside looking in at "normal" people, sometimes I wonder how a life not filled with so much stress and turmoil would have been for me, but have been this way so long I guess I wouldn't like normal now anyway, it would feel weird to me.

And as to the pleasure, I think my life is pleasurable the way it is. Like earlier today I took the 3grandkids out biking. The two older ones are old enough to ride their own bikes now thank goodness, but I haul little Lucas in the trailer. We peddled on over to my mom's house, she is 88 now, and they were holding a community garage sale at the over 55 manufactured home park she lives in. So it was fun peddling up with the kids, gave them all something to look at.haha

My aunt and her daughter from Tulsa were visiting, so we chit chatted some. Also another cousin was there, she lost one of her two sons to leukemia last year. He went through a lot of suffering, and his brother who has finished his schooling now to become a doctor, but hasn't passed his boards yet, gave him a bone marrow transplant. And it was successful, the cancer did not kill his brother, but the fungus he got in his brain from all the anti-rejection drugs.

So I don't know what would be worse, having a son like mine who has been disabled all of his life, or one who was struck down like hers was in the prime of his life, only about 30, his dentist discovered he had swollen glands at a regular check up.

Well that is about it, I am a little tired right now so think I will crash, not as young as I used to be, went on MEDICARE this month, yaaaaee, I am 65 on Sept. 30th, same day as my aunt , she is 12 years older than me. We are looking forward to watching our University of Oregon Ducks football team play in an hour or so, hoping for the best. They are playing Fresno State, and they are supposed to be pretty good.

Something to do, don't have to do much but sit and yell!

Carolyn in Oregon

First day of school

Hi all,

Well the kids got through their first day of school here, and all is well in our world. started 1st grade, big thing for him. He dressed up really cool, dark shirt with skull and crossbones from "Pirates of the Caribbean" on the front. Black pants with kind of a tattered look, bought them that way, and his blond curly hair spiked on top with red spike stuff. Oh yes and black and red Sketchers on his feet.

I was all excited and asked him if his teacher was nice, and he said quite nonchalantly, "Not really." Poor kids have to follow the rules now. He said he had chicken nuggets for lunch, and three recesses, that was fun. He looked beat, and it is hot here, so I made him put his shorts on.

Yesterday I took them to see "Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest," to celebrate their last day of freedom, and I must say it was quite an exciting show, I would highly recommend it, was much better than the first one I though.

And Sierra had a fine day too. She thinks she is going to like Ms. Dopps, I had it wrong, thought it was Ms. Botts. She has some of her old friends back she missed last year, and she said she really liked the teacher. She is the one who I said was a lesbian, but we have decided she will stay in class and make the best of it, let her little light shine for Jesus, and all of that, see how it goes.

And I got to thinking maybe some feminist input wouldn't hurt her anyway, as she does tend to be too submissive to males. The teacher did an exercise on bullying and used Sierra as an example, said if Sierra was bullying , what would do. Everybody laughed, as is a big boy, and Sierra a little girl.

And I got her a new cell phone yesterday, and she is just as happy as if she had won a million $$. We got it free and added to my own phone plan for just $9.99 a month. She has it all figured out already, but they don't let you use them in school, which is fine, but now she can call if she gets in trouble. Like today she forgot to get . Their mom was going to meet them down the street at a church so she wouldn't have to drive through all the traffic in front of the school, and Sierra didn't have so she had go back and do it anyway.

Ooops.

Tomorrow I get the three of them back, have to start getting them ready right away, take them, come back and care for little Lucas, he is just 2. Think we are going to do some bike riding with him in the trailer. I told the others, and they said, "Oh noooooooo you can't leave us."

Oh well, school now for them, no more fun with grandma, well for awhile anyway, it is Lukey's turn now, and I can't wait!

Oh yes, my 42 year old "autistic" brain damged child threw up. left his food going and forgot to connect the pump, so he got three cans at once. Too much, had to take him in the bathroom and change his clothes. (Marty is on a Peg tube for those who don't know.)

Carolyn

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.7/437 - Release Date: 9/4/2006

Guest guest

Carolyn, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! A little early! I know what you mean ladies. Although I sometimes wonder what people with "normal" lives/families DO with their time. Kinda like how I used to wonder what people with no kids do with theirs! lol It has been long enough even for me that this is "normal" for us! Oh well. Good luck and God bless! DeeDeeCarolyn <charper777@...> wrote: Hi Jill, You know, it is a funny thing, I just let folks ramble on about their new drapes, vacations, and what not. It seems there has been a side of me that I have kept "secret" from others. It is hard to explain, sometimes it makes me feel kind of on the outside looking in at "normal" people, sometimes I wonder how a life not filled with so much stress and turmoil would have been for me, but have been this way so long I guess I wouldn't like normal now anyway, it would feel weird to me. And as to the pleasure, I think my life is pleasurable the way it is. Like earlier today I took the 3grandkids out biking. The two older ones are old enough to ride their own bikes now thank goodness, but I haul little Lucas in the trailer. We peddled on over to my mom's house, she is 88 now, and they were holding a community

garage sale at the over 55 manufactured home park she lives in. So it was fun peddling up with the kids, gave them all something to look at.haha My aunt and her daughter from Tulsa were visiting, so we chit chatted some. Also another cousin was there, she lost one of her two sons to leukemia last year. He went through a lot of suffering, and his brother who has finished his schooling now to become a doctor, but hasn't passed his boards yet, gave him a bone marrow transplant. And it was successful, the cancer did not kill his brother, but the fungus he got in his brain from all the anti-rejection drugs. So I don't know what would be worse, having a son like mine who has been disabled all of his life, or one who was struck

down like hers was in the prime of his life, only about 30, his dentist discovered he had swollen glands at a regular check up. Well that is about it, I am a little tired right now so think I will crash, not as young as I used to be, went on MEDICARE this month, yaaaaee, I am 65 on Sept. 30th, same day as my aunt , she is 12 years older than me. We are looking forward to watching our University of Oregon Ducks football team play in an hour or so, hoping for the best. They are playing Fresno State, and they are supposed to be pretty good. Something to do, don't have to do much but sit and yell! Carolyn in Oregon First day of school Hi all, Well the kids got through their first day of school here, and all is well in our world. started 1st grade, big thing for him. He dressed up really cool, dark shirt with skull and crossbones from "Pirates of the Caribbean" on the front. Black pants with kind of a tattered look, bought them that way, and his blond curly hair spiked on top with red spike stuff. Oh yes and black and red Sketchers on his feet. I was all excited and asked him if his teacher was nice, and he said quite nonchalantly, "Not really." Poor kids have to follow the rules now. He said he had chicken nuggets for lunch, and three recesses, that was

fun. He looked beat, and it is hot here, so I made him put his shorts on. Yesterday I took them to see "Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest," to celebrate their last day of freedom, and I must say it was quite an exciting show, I would highly recommend it, was much better than the first one I though. And Sierra had a fine day too. She thinks she is going to like Ms. Dopps, I had it wrong,

thought it was Ms. Botts. She has some of her old friends back she missed last year, and she said she really liked the teacher. She is the one who I said was a lesbian, but we have decided she will stay in class and make the best of it, let her little light shine for Jesus, and all of that, see how it goes. And I got to thinking maybe some feminist input wouldn't hurt her anyway, as she does tend to be too submissive to males. The teacher did an exercise on bullying and used Sierra as an example, said if Sierra was bullying , what would do. Everybody laughed, as is a big boy, and Sierra a little girl. And I got her a new cell phone yesterday, and she is just as happy as if she had won a million $$. We got it free and added to my own phone plan for just $9.99 a month. She has it all figured out already, but they don't let you use them in school, which is fine, but now she can call if she gets in trouble. Like today she forgot to get . Their mom was going to meet them down the street at a church so she wouldn't have to drive through all the traffic in front of the school, and Sierra didn't have so she had go back and do it anyway. Ooops. Tomorrow I get the three of them back, have to start getting them ready right away, take them, come back and care for little Lucas, he is just 2. Think we are going to do some bike riding with him in the trailer. I told the others, and they said, "Oh noooooooo you can't leave us." Oh well, school now for them,

no more fun with grandma, well for awhile anyway, it is Lukey's turn now, and I can't wait! Oh yes, my 42 year old "autistic" brain damged child threw up. left his food going and forgot to connect the pump, so he got three cans at once. Too much, had to take him in the bathroom and change his clothes. (Marty is on a Peg tube for those who don't know.)

Carolyn size=2 width="100%" align=center> No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.7/437 - Release Date: 9/4/2006 Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1ยข/min.

Guest guest

I don't think I could handle being "normal". Honestly, having a special needs kid has given me such a unique view on life. I feel blessed that I was chosen to take care of such an awesome kid. God wouldn't give me anything I couldn't handle and I sincerely believe that.

First day of school

Hi all,

Ooops.

Carolyn

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Talk is cheap. Use Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1ยข/min.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.2/442 - Release Date: 9/8/2006

Guest guest

Someone told me sometime after I lost my first child (he was a newborn) that God trusted me with a special child to love then and forever and to always take care of in my heart and that he wouldn't bless just anyone with such a child. It took me a while to get it but now, especially with a special needs living child (and another one who is probably gifted), I do feel like God specially chose me for these kids and that gives me more strength and courage.

First day of school

Hi all,

Ooops.

Carolyn

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.2/442 - Release Date: 9/8/2006

Guest guest

Amen!

First day of school

Hi all,

Ooops.

Carolyn

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was my 8 year old Autistic son's first day back to school.

He is in second grade, but did Kindergarten twice. He knows this now,

and was very insistant that he is in third grade this year. Even at

school.

They built a new school (should say are building) so my son had to

switch schools, it is beautiful and the bd room is equipped w/

a " room " sound proof, bullet proof, padded walls, panic button, the

works. My first question is I want to make up a list of questions

about the " room " I have thought of some things such as times per day

limit and time limits, but would like an outside opinion of questions

I may not think to ask. I would appreciate any help in this manner.

After school, he tells me that one boy pushed him down at recess (he

will never tell the teacher) and that another boy " doesn't remember "

him from last year. Again, he doesn't want to go back.

The good news.. the school seems open to my son's service dog that is

coming near Christmastime. The bd room is very big now, so there will

be room for seperation for Trae (my son) and his dog. And plenty of

room for a big dog to spread out if he feels like he needs it. I

spoke to his " homeroom " teacher who explained she was well aware of

that as well. We kind of got off on the wrong foot, however, b/c she

had his desk farthest from her desk, less than a foot from the door.

I suppose for easy removal. He is a runner, however, and he does have

an aide, but the aide is probably 70 years old (he loves her dearly)

if he decides to run, I point out, she can't catch him. The other

schools have already lost him twice that I know of. That is why he

switched to the BD room, so he could go to a different school.

He is pretty out of control right now, with all of the stimulus. This

dog thing happened so fast for us, I feel very blessed, yet even with

this blessing, I can't help wishing it would come even faster... we

are just hanging in there until then.

Other first day stories??

Lindsey

Guest guest

what is a BD room?

Kate Myers

Re: First Day Of School

Hi Everyone, Yesterday was my 8 year old Autistic son's first day back to school. He is in second grade, but did Kindergarten twice. He knows this now, and was very insistant that he is in third grade this year. Even at school.They built a new school (should say are building) so my son had to switch schools, it is beautiful and the bd room is equipped w/ a "room" sound proof, bullet proof, padded walls, panic button, the works. My first question is I want to make up a list of questions about the "room" I have thought of some things such as times per day limit and time limits, but would like an outside opinion of questions I may not think to ask. I would appreciate any help in this manner.After school, he tells me that one boy pushed him down at recess (he will never tell the teacher) and that another boy "doesn't remember" him from last year. Again, he doesn't want to go back.The good news.. the school seems open to my son's service dog that is coming near Christmastime. The bd room is very big now, so there will be room for seperation for Trae (my son) and his dog. And plenty of room for a big dog to spread out if he feels like he needs it. I spoke to his "homeroom" teacher who explained she was well aware of that as well. We kind of got off on the wrong foot, however, b/c she had his desk farthest from her desk, less than a foot from the door. I suppose for easy removal. He is a runner, however, and he does have an aide, but the aide is probably 70 years old (he loves her dearly) if he decides to run, I point out, she can't catch him. The other schools have already lost him twice that I know of. That is why he switched to the BD room, so he could go to a different school.He is pretty out of control right now, with all of the stimulus. This dog thing happened so fast for us, I feel very blessed, yet even with this blessing, I can't help wishing it would come even faster... we are just hanging in there until then.Other first day stories??Lindsey

Guest guest

Hi Lindsey, look like you and your son are off to a good start with the new school and all, but I don't know what a "bf" room is, probably something real simple huh. Also am curious why he needs a dog, does he have other problems besides autism? My son Marty used to go to school but is grown up so doesn't anymore. When he went to public school after never going in his life, but to a private school, they built a time out booth. It was made of plywood ad was right there in the classroom, quite an ugly sight. When he acted out they stuffed him in there, I don't think it worked because he got worse and worse as the year went by until I took him out for the rest of the year, about 4 months. Then he tried it the next fall only in high school, but he was getting pretty agitated by then and nothing really helped to control his behavior. Thankfully he did eventually outgrow it here at home, been a very long time since he has gotten upset. I think school was too much for him, the people always prodding him to learn something or other, but then that is school.

I have three grandchildren who will start on Sept. 3rd, today my granddaughter Sierra goes to the middle school to register, her mom will go with her. I am thinking of going with her to a watermelon social later in the day. Yesterday she popped in with a new hair do, her girlfriend had straightened her hair and I was amazed. She has naturally curly hair about shoulder length, and she looked like a whole new kid with it straightened, quite a bit older than 11 I thought and the color even looked different. Now she wants me to buy her a hair straightener so she can do it every morning. She did look cute, like those women on the news at night, now I know how they get that hair.

My grandson will be in 3rd grade, he is 8, and sure is picky about his clothes this year, made me buy him Converse high tops and yet he has a heck of a time tying his shoes, refused the Velcro Sketchers no way! He has gotten into video games this summer since he fell out of the tree and hurt his spleen, I bought him a Play Station 2, so he likes shirts with Guitar Hero on them, etc.

Then there is Lucas, he is 4, and I will take him three days a week to our church pre-school, don't know if I am up to getting up and rushing around. He is talking real good now, they thought he might need therapy last year when he was 3 but his mom wanted to wait. I think she was right, though he does get real quiet in groups of kids. Oh well, I was like that too.

Talk to you soon,

Carolyn in Oregon

Re: First Day Of School

Hi Everyone, Yesterday was my 8 year old Autistic son's first day back to school. He is in second grade, but did Kindergarten twice. He knows this now, and was very insistant that he is in third grade this year. Even at school.They built a new school (should say are building) so my son had to switch schools, it is beautiful and the bd room is equipped w/ a "room" sound proof, bullet proof, padded walls, panic button, the works. My first question is I want to make up a list of questions about the "room" I have thought of some things such as times per day limit and time limits, but would like an outside opinion of questions I may not think to ask. I would appreciate any help in this manner.After school, he tells me that one boy pushed him down at recess (he will never tell the teacher) and that another boy "doesn't remember" him from last year. Again, he doesn't want to go back.The good news.. the school seems open to my son's service dog that is coming near Christmastime. The bd room is very big now, so there will be room for seperation for Trae (my son) and his dog. And plenty of room for a big dog to spread out if he feels like he needs it. I spoke to his "homeroom" teacher who explained she was well aware of that as well. We kind of got off on the wrong foot, however, b/c she had his desk farthest from her desk, less than a foot from the door. I suppose for easy removal. He is a runner, however, and he does have an aide, but the aide is probably 70 years old (he loves her dearly) if he decides to run, I point out, she can't catch him. The other schools have already lost him twice that I know of. That is why he switched to the BD room, so he could go to a different school.He is pretty out of control right now, with all of the stimulus. This dog thing happened so fast for us, I feel very blessed, yet even with this blessing, I can't help wishing it would come even faster... we are just hanging in there until then.Other first day stories??Lindsey

No viruses found in this outgoing messageScanned by iolo AntiVirus 1.5.4.5http://www.iolo.com

Guest guest

My daughter had her first day of junior kindergarten today. She is in a self

contained class with about 6 other asd kids. I met the other kids today and my

daughter was the most severe. Mine had a huge tantrum going in simply because we

asked her to walk into the school rather than being carried. She's 4.5 and has

completed 48 rounds of AC chelation with 2 years of biomeds on top of that.

None on the kids in her class are on any special diet and none of them do

biomeds. In fact I am one of the only people in this city doing this stuff and

everywhere I go my kid seems to be the worst one. When do I just give this stuff

up? I thought being so close to 50 rounds she would be different but not much

has changed. There is more language and her motor skills are amazing. But her

cognition is horrible.

Her teacher said all she did was a high pitched scream all morning when any

demands were put on her. She disrupted the other kids and was in the hallway on

the floor screaming when I got there. Her teacher told me she thinks my daughter

has severe autism, not moderate. At home my daughter is a completely different

kid. So, now I'm not sure if she can go to school at all. We are going to try,

but her IEP will have to be extremely light and she may not be able to do the

school thing.

I thought she was doing well and then she starts school and I see the other

kids. One little boy came up to me to show me the necklace he made. I don't

understand why every single kid in her class were all high functioning with not

a single biomed. I feel like either driving off a bridge or quitting all of this

stuff and just accepting that this is how life is going to be.

At 48 rounds, do I stop now? Has ANYONE else had a child like mine who

recovered? I just don't see this happening.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Guest guest

My son was diagnosed with moderate autism. From what you're saying

your daughter does sound worse, but I'm not too sure the label is

what to focus on here. He did poorly in kindergarten but his behavior

changed alot when we started homeschooling. The process has taken

years, 's starting 7th grade homeschooling and just recently

(over the summer) made friends in our neighborhood.

We had him on the GF/CF diet from about age 4 till 7 or so, and have

been giving ALA using Andy's schedule and dose suggestion for the

past 4 1/2 years. Progress has been slow and steady, to where he is

now solidly high functioning. However I do think our kids are as a

rule much more sensitive than the average child. And that may mean

that the situations which are most difficult for them are especially

difficult for them, if that makes sense.

Marty

At 01:31 PM 9/2/2009, " michellebondy " myrubygirl@... wrote:

>My daughter had her first day of junior kindergarten today. She is

>in a self contained class with about 6 other asd kids. I met the

>other kids today and my daughter was the most severe. Mine had a

>huge tantrum going in simply because we asked her to walk into the

>school rather than being carried. She's 4.5 and has completed 48

>rounds of AC chelation with 2 years of biomeds on top of that.

>

>None on the kids in her class are on any special diet and none of

>them do biomeds. In fact I am one of the only people in this city

>doing this stuff and everywhere I go my kid seems to be the worst

>one. When do I just give this stuff up? I thought being so close to

>50 rounds she would be different but not much has changed. There is

>more language and her motor skills are amazing. But her cognition is horrible.

>

>Her teacher said all she did was a high pitched scream all morning

>when any demands were put on her. She disrupted the other kids and

>was in the hallway on the floor screaming when I got there. Her

>teacher told me she thinks my daughter has severe autism, not

>moderate. At home my daughter is a completely different kid. So, now

>I'm not sure if she can go to school at all. We are going to try,

>but her IEP will have to be extremely light and she may not be able

>to do the school thing.

>

>I thought she was doing well and then she starts school and I see

>the other kids. One little boy came up to me to show me the necklace

>he made. I don't understand why every single kid in her class were

>all high functioning with not a single biomed. I feel like either

>driving off a bridge or quitting all of this stuff and just

>accepting that this is how life is going to be.

>

>At 48 rounds, do I stop now? Has ANYONE else had a child like mine

>who recovered? I just don't see this happening.

>

>Thanks for letting me vent.

Guest guest

I do not live anywhere near your level of " maintenance, " but my rather high

maintenance migraine girl cried, yelled, whined before & after school the ENTIRE

first week. One meltdown during school (she is LOUD, am sure the whole school

heard her), but mostly....

.....did fine in between. I do not have that pleasant child with issues " oh, she

is such a trooper " ummm, not my girl. She can be a total b.. on wheels, no

doubt about it - however, she is tough & resilient & all that...She has some

awesome coping skills, imo... & some others, not so awesome...these include

making everyone else in our world, just that miserable enough, so that she can

have " me " keeping HER world safe. Makes sense, and this can be good when you

are 2yo & no one else is listening to you, not so good in a 5yo with add'l

verbal skills & such...sooo, last week was tough, while her mantra to me was " I

hate school, do I have to go? "

(This week - none of that going on - eternally grateful that these meltdowns

were not necessary to her ability to cope to " maintain " herself, yk? did that

make sense?)

My own personal vent is this - duking it out in " Betty Crocker World, " not

liking it one bit, having my own issues, huge ones....and working hard,

practicing lots & lots of patience, to keep my issues from affecting her having

as much success in kindergarten, as she can...and, ummmm, kinda liking the more

peaceful nature of our daytime hours - having very mixed feelings about that.

elizabeth

>

> My daughter had her first day of junior kindergarten today. She is in a self

daughter was the most severe. Mine had a huge tantrum going in simply because we

>

> None on the kids in her class are on any special diet and none of them do

everywhere I go my kid seems to be the worst one. When do I just give this stuff

cognition is horrible.

>

> Her teacher said all she did was a high pitched scream all morning when any

the floor screaming when I got there. Her teacher told me she thinks my daughter

school thing.

>

> I thought she was doing well and then she starts school and I see the other

a single biomed. I feel like either driving off a bridge or quitting all of this

>

> At 48 rounds, do I stop now? Has ANYONE else had a child like mine who

>

> Thanks for letting me vent.

>

Guest guest

> > At 48 rounds, do I stop now? Has ANYONE else had a child like mine who

> >

> > Thanks for letting me vent.

> >

oh! forgot...no personal experience in this, BUT from browsing ways, I am

thinking, just keep plugging along....Isn't 48 rounds fairly often a stall, or

close to a turning point? I am thinking that pretty often it is close to 100

rounds for some people...

btw, I cannot even imagine, yk? my relatively NT girls had pretty apparent

results with our very few rounds done so far. tough stuff. once again. and

venting is good :)

elizabeth

Guest guest

I'm so sorry you had such a rough day. It's going to take some time for your

daughter to transition into school and for her and her teachers to get to know

each other. Some of what works so well for her at home may be needed at school

(breaks, certain reward activities, comfort items, family pictures, sensory

breaks and play).If the other kids are in such great shape then they can go up

to an integrated classroom, your child's contained classroom is an appropriate

placement for her. She is there to learn self-regulation. She is not supposed to

already know that stuff. As for bio med, if you can stay the course I think you

will continue to heal her body and mind. As for the other families, forget about

them. In this day and age, to not be trying bio med with an autistic child is

crazy. Take care, Alison M

[ ] First Day of School

My daughter had her first day of junior kindergarten today. She is in a self

None on the kids in her class are on any special diet and none of them do

cognition is horrible.

Her teacher said all she did was a high pitched scream all morning when any

school thing.

I thought she was doing well and then she starts school and I see the other

At 48 rounds, do I stop now? Has ANYONE else had a child like mine who

Thanks for letting me vent.

------------------------------------

=======================================================

Guest guest

I'm using up a bottle of Kirkman Labs Super Nu Thera, it doesn't have copper in

it. We were on Brainchild liquid prior and happy and switched when swallowing

capsules. Brainchild have capsules and we plan to switch back. I have a high

functioning, pretty typical kid and didn't see any changes when switching

Tammy

[ ] Re: First Day of School

Thanks Irene,

As I was pouring out her meds for the morning I was thinking the same thing.

She gets A LOT of things. I just don't know what to cut. I don't think she needs

some of the vitamins she is getting anymore. I do need to find a good multi, but

can't seem to. I need one without copper that doesnt cost a million dollars.

She still gets yeast, but it's nowhere near what it was in the past. I feel

like she is taking so many things. When I saw those kids today I was so

depressed. They obviously get nothing (maybe meds) and they were so calm and

able to function in class on the first day. It just killed me. So, I guess I

will start cutting things. Anything you suggest? Any multi you would suggest? I

was considering the Klaire multi, but I would love even something just regular

with no copper in it, they're just hard to find.

I know in the long run Ruby will be okay. It just seems to be taking a while

longer for her to turn that corner. We are doing round 49 this weekend and I

think you're right, I think it's time to cut things, I just have no idea where

to start.

> >

> > My daughter had her first day of junior kindergarten today. She is in a

self contained class with about 6 other asd kids. I met the other kids today and

my daughter was the most severe. Mine had a huge tantrum going in simply because

we asked her to walk into the school rather than being carried. She's 4.5 and

has completed 48 rounds of AC chelation with 2 years of biomeds on top of that.

> >

> > None on the kids in her class are on any special diet and none of them do

cognition is horrible.

> >

> > Her teacher said all she did was a high pitched scream all morning when

any demands were put on her. She disrupted the other kids and was in the hallway

on the floor screaming when I got there. Her teacher told me she thinks my

daughter has severe autism, not moderate. At home my daughter is a completely

different kid. So, now I'm not sure if she can go to school at all. We are going

to try, but her IEP will have to be extremely light and she may not be able to

do the school thing.

> >

> > I thought she was doing well and then she starts school and I see the

other kids. One little boy came up to me to show me the necklace he made. I

don't understand why every single kid in her class were all high functioning

with not a single biomed. I feel like either driving off a bridge or quitting

all of this stuff and just accepting that this is how life is going to be.

> >

> > At 48 rounds, do I stop now? Has ANYONE else had a child like mine who

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

This is the hardest thing I have ever experienced in my life! It just gets

harder in different ways. This school thing sucks. I am going to give this a few

weeks. I see such great things with her at home, but take her out and she is

just horrible.

I wish I could stop comparing. I just get worried that she won't recover. But I

know she's come so far. I just want it all now.

>

>

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: michellebondy

> School

>

>

>

>

> At 48 rounds, do I stop now?

>

> ===>It's just the first day, give it some time. On the way home from

kindergarten ours asked me.....why we signed her up for this place, anyway, lol.

She loves it, but first days/weeks/months are hard.

>

>

>

> Has ANYONE else had a child like mine who recovered? I just don't see this

happening.

>

> ===>IMO, nicely.....stop comparing her to other kids and freaking out when

she doesn't improve as quickly as some, she's on her own timetable, she'll get

there.

>

> Concentrate on the improvements, empathize with her about how new places and

people are sometimes scarey.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

I wrote a message to you earlier but my husband closed it :) I just wanted to

say I totally empathyze with your situation and I have often felt that way

myself (that my child was the worst off in his class and wondered whether he is

actually a responder to ALA chelation several times).

Maybe another thing to consider is that many children nowdays are already in

child care centers and preschools and are used to social situations away from

mom and dad (I assume you stay at home with her?)

I am a little worried about the teacher telling you she was " severely " affected

the very first day. My son's teacher would never say that - I worry that it may

be a sign of inexperience and lack of empathy, but I hope not for her and your

sake.

Keep an eye on it, if she is not adjusting well you may have to be there for

awhile to show the staff the things that motivate her and how you get her to do

things. Hopefully there aren't any real big expectations to begin with, they

should be just doing fun, easy things with her to gain her trust.

If it doesn't get better by the end of next week, you could ask for a meeting to

discuss changing her program/making her more comfortable and give them one more

week to try things. Let us know!

Liz

> >

> >

> > ----- Original Message -----

> > From: michellebondy

> > School

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > At 48 rounds, do I stop now?

> >

> > ===>It's just the first day, give it some time. On the way home from

kindergarten ours asked me.....why we signed her up for this place, anyway, lol.

> >

> >

> >

> > Has ANYONE else had a child like mine who recovered? I just don't see

this happening.

> >

> > ===>IMO, nicely.....stop comparing her to other kids and freaking out when

there.

> >

> > Concentrate on the improvements, empathize with her about how new places

and people are sometimes scarey.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Thanks Liz,

I really wonder why our kids seem to be worse off than the nonbiomed kids

sometimes? I wonder if it's because of the toxins moving around more in our kids

from the chelation? Someone had a good point and said that these kids may seem

ahead now, but they might just stay at this point and our kids will advance and

recover or at least get close to recovery in some cases.

Her new teacher comes very highly recommended. She did shock me today though.

She said she has seen a lot more severe kids, but went on about Ruby's high

pitched scream. I posted stuff on Facebook and a few local mom's whose kids have

had this teacher said their kids were the same way Ruby was at first. So I am

confused as to why she made it out like Ruby is the only kid to cause trouble on

the first day? One woman just emailed me and wrote that her daughter screamed

and bit. So I don't get it.

When I sat in on the class she had from last year, there was one boy who just

screamed and screamed, did they forget about him today? My husband is calling

her tomorrow to get the story from her mouth as he wasn't there today.

I am going to give this a couple of weeks and then we might put her into the

full autism school here. I guess it has a pool and a snoezlyn(sp?) room? It's

all for autism, but mostly the more affected kids. At this point I just want

Ruby to be happy while I chelate and try to recover her. I don't want her being

pushed, I just want her to be able to function in the class. She can already

read, count, knows her colours, numbers, etc. She is now watching french

channels and teaching herself how to count and speak in french. She is very

bright, but just not very good at life outside of the house!

No demands can be put on her and that is the main problem. Thanks for the words.

I will keep you posted! I am not giving up on chelation, I can't. I know I have

at least 3 more years of chelation and I hope that this is all for a reason.

Maybe it has to be this bad so one day she can show all of these people that she

recovered. Who knows right?

> > >

> > >

> > > ----- Original Message -----

> > > From: michellebondy

> > > School

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > At 48 rounds, do I stop now?

> > >

> > > ===>It's just the first day, give it some time. On the way home from

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Has ANYONE else had a child like mine who recovered? I just don't see

this happening.

> > >

> > > ===>IMO, nicely.....stop comparing her to other kids and freaking out

when she doesn't improve as quickly as some, she's on her own timetable, she'll

get there.

> > >

> > > Concentrate on the improvements, empathize with her about how new places

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Thanks for letting me vent.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

, my advice about the multi, is maybe none at all.

I too posted back when things were bad about a multi. I got good advice on this

board, to try individually supplementing. It is a pain, but is the only way to

figure out what the problem is. As a chelating adult, I found the same thing, I

cannot tolerate niacinamide, but it is in every multi, so I do things

individually. NOW foods I found has allergen free vites, and they are very

cheap.

I took away my son's multi vitamins. From posts of mine and others that Andy

answered, it seems that minerals are key, and those are absolutely necessary

during chelation, but certain vitamins can be done without. I give my son a

multi mineral complex from Brainchild nutritionals (he doesn't swallow pills or

do great with powders, theirs is a liquid.) I make sure in addition he has

plenty of zinc and mag.

As to vitamins, the fish oils cover A, D and Efas. I always gave C and E

separately and continue to do so, important antioxidants. Biotin was always

well tolerated and useful for yeast control. I give inositol as it helps with

ocd stuff, and he tolerates a small amount of citicholine. Otherwise every

other element of the b complex makes him crazy. No more B6, B12, also dmg/tmg,

dmae and certain herbal tinctures that were helping tremendously, suddenly were

no longer tolerated. This was our discovery after much detective work.

He gets milk thistle for liver support, probiotics, fiber, and that is about it.

I use Candex, Candidase, and some natural antifungals as needed for yeast

control. ACE for adrenal support. These changes made a huge difference in

him, totaly a calm and happy boy now.

I will add that I had to greatly reduce and stop altogether certain antivirals

as well. The above helped a lot, but until I did this, I found I could not

raise the chelator doses at all. My son gets very low level OLE and lysine, and

a couple of virastop a day. First I stopped the antivirals altogether, but I

read a post of Andy's - where he states that you really shouldn't do this - just

because we stop with the antivirals, does not mean the viruses stop - they can

regroup and come back stronger even, as I understand it. Most significantly,

however, I did stop Enhansa. This was a great supp for fighting viruses and

inhibiting yeast for a long period. However, I read in AI, if you are high

plasma cysteine, curcumin may not be good for you. But there is no reliable

test for this anymore. I experimented with lowering and then eliminating it

altogether. The results were impressive, like his b vites, this was once a

wonder supp, but apparently, no longer. As soon as I stopped it, he was like a

different boy, and I was able to raise his ALA from 3.5 mg, which was all he

could ever tolerate up to 15 mg in two months. Most of his adrenal signs

disappeared as well. Now, as I stated before, it is like we turned a corner

with him.

This was just our experience. I relate it to you for what it is worth. But

perhaps revisiting your daughter's supplements will help her as well. Meanwhile

don't let the teacher bother you, speak up to her, we did to ours. Give your

daughter time to adjust as well, she will.

Irene

> > >

> > > My daughter had her first day of junior kindergarten today. She is in a

self contained class with about 6 other asd kids. I met the other kids today and

my daughter was the most severe. Mine had a huge tantrum going in simply because

> > >

> > > None on the kids in her class are on any special diet and none of them do

cognition is horrible.

> > >

> > > Her teacher said all she did was a high pitched scream all morning when

any demands were put on her. She disrupted the other kids and was in the hallway

different kid. So, now I'm not sure if she can go to school at all. We are going

do the school thing.

> > >

> > > I thought she was doing well and then she starts school and I see the

> > >

> > > At 48 rounds, do I stop now? Has ANYONE else had a child like mine who

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

First, shame on that teacher for thinking she can tell a parent her child has

'more autism' then the parent thinks... shame on her.

Second, you say your daughter is different at home then at school. She has

minimal ways to communicate (in her mind) and uses the screaming and the

resistance as her way to show she is stressed, scared, etc. Think of the older

kindergarten kids who cry and hang on to Mom's leg and need to be pried away by

the teacher... they don't want to be there and neither does your little girl.

Give it time for her to get used to and realize she is just trying to voice her

opinion.

Second, you have NO IDEA what the other parents are doing for their kids. Not

all parents want to disclose their 'dirty little secret'.

I agree that you cannot compare your child to others. It will drive you insane

and separate you from the other parents. It will only drag you down right now.

Keep on chelating. 48 rounds is a drop in the bucket for some people. It might

be round 60 where you see that 'wow' moment and it might be later. We've been

told to expect 100+ rounds for recovery. I wouldn't throw in the towel quite

yet.

Try to think of ways to make this school transition easier. If she has little

language you can use a PECS system to talk about her day (pictures). If she

tolerates book reading then find a book about school and read it with tons of

happy emotion. If she appreciates new things let her help you buy a pair of

'school shoes' or even a tenny tiny item for school. Get her involved.

Not knowing your daughter at all it is hard to say what will help. You will

need to be creative and patient. My son hated preschool!

We are rooting for you!

Pam

>

> My daughter had her first day of junior kindergarten today. She is in a self

>

> None on the kids in her class are on any special diet and none of them do

cognition is horrible.

>

> Her teacher said all she did was a high pitched scream all morning when any

school thing.

>

> I thought she was doing well and then she starts school and I see the other

>

> At 48 rounds, do I stop now? Has ANYONE else had a child like mine who

>

>

Guest guest

I know I've said this to you before but I LOVE the name RUBY!

Google places like The Vitamin Shoppe to see if they have a copper free multi.

I am sure they do but I cannot think of the brand name off of the top of my

head.

pam

> > >

> > > My daughter had her first day of junior kindergarten today. She is in a

> > >

> > > None on the kids in her class are on any special diet and none of them do

cognition is horrible.

> > >

> > > Her teacher said all she did was a high pitched scream all morning when

do the school thing.

> > >

> > > I thought she was doing well and then she starts school and I see the

> > >

> > > At 48 rounds, do I stop now? Has ANYONE else had a child like mine who

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I just told you to stop comparing... but it is almost impossible! I still do

it.

The school transition was very, very hard for me because it pointed out all of

the behaviors I was used to or just plain old ignoring/accomodating. My son was

in a group of kids who were merely language delayed so their social skills were

largely in tact. It was heart-breaking to watch them holding hands and

participating while my son hid behind the largest structure he could find. By

the end of the year he was hard to distinguish. It takes time.

Pam

> >

> >

> > School

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

this happening.

> >

there.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

The first 3 months of kindergarten were some of the worst since my son was born,

and we've had some VERY hard days, starting at birth.

And that was ME, not my kid. The IEP wasn't good, and they promised to change it

which of course they didnt, they wouldn't follow the health plan and exposed my

son to health risks repeatedly, I missed tons of time from work at school

intervening, we had 6 completely nonproductive IEP meetings in 3 months, I ended

up losing my job for time missed. My son, meanwhile, had a honeymoon. Followed

by a severe sensory regression, which is fairly common for a child under the

normal academic demands of a long tiring day, 5 days a week (even though he'd

been in full time ABA school since 2 and a year of pre-K, it was nothing

compared to the boot-camp demands of 6 hours of kindergarten).

We survived and the year got better. My son learned a lot and adjusted. I wish I

could say the IEP improved, but it did not, so we're moving. But my point is,

kindergarten is tough for all kids, not just ours. All my friends with NT kids

said their kids were coming home in meltdown and taking 2 hour naps. School kept

saying it was normal and I didn't believe them. That, they were right about. It

passes. It's not fun, but it passes.

Suzanne

> >

> >

> > School

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

this happening.

> >

there.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

----- Original Message -----

I just told you to stop comparing... but it is almost impossible! I still do

it.

===>You can use other kids to see what is the similar or different, but you

can't compare as far as wanting them to all be the same. It isn't fair to the

kids, even good teachers don't do that.

All kids have strengths and weaknesses, just like us and they deserve to be

valued for what they can do and supported in what they need help with.

Of course you note the difference, but only as something to work toward. We

had things to learn from other kids BUT other kids would do well to learn

something from our kids.

The school transition was very, very hard for me because it pointed out all of

the behaviors I was used to or just plain old ignoring/accomodating. My son was

in a group of kids who were merely language delayed so their social skills were

largely in tact. It was heart-breaking to watch them holding hands and

participating while my son hid behind the largest structure he could find. By

the end of the year he was hard to distinguish. It takes time.

Pam

> >

> >

> > School

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Has ANYONE else had a child like mine who recovered? I just don't see this

happening.

> >

there.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Thanks for all of this Irene.

I have been thinking about cutting her B Vits, so starting tomorrow I will cut

them and see. She never used to do well with B's. She does horribly with

niacinamide as well. I would love to cut her curcumin, but I don't know what

else to use for yeast. The curcumin was so great for her, but I know now it is

causing problems, although her yeast is nothing like it was before and I can

raise her chelation doses and the yeast only gets bad for a day now and 'bad' is

not like it used to be.

I will order some Candex or something and try it. She does horribly with GSE.

Thanks for this info. I will get her down to chelation supps and a few other

things that see how that goes. I bet she is at the point of not needing so much.

I keep thinking she NEEDS the B vits, but at this point she likely doesn't.

Thanks!

> > > >

> > > > My daughter had her first day of junior kindergarten today. She is in a

> > > >

> > > > None on the kids in her class are on any special diet and none of them

do biomeds. In fact I am one of the only people in this city doing this stuff

and everywhere I go my kid seems to be the worst one. When do I just give this

stuff up? I thought being so close to 50 rounds she would be different but not

much has changed. There is more language and her motor skills are amazing. But

her cognition is horrible.

> > > >

> > > > Her teacher said all she did was a high pitched scream all morning when

do the school thing.

> > > >

> > > > I thought she was doing well and then she starts school and I see the

> > > >

> > > > At 48 rounds, do I stop now? Has ANYONE else had a child like mine who

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for letting me vent.

> > > >

> > >

> >

>