RemedySpot.com

introducing myself

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's nicer in Brisbane, where I am. You know comes from melbourne.

At the moment I am trying to organise a flight to Sydney to, among other

things, see Aussie .

It's a small small world.

Aussie Margaret

RTHR 1990 revised 2004

RE: Introducing myself

| Hi Margaret

|

| Thanks so much for your encouragement - what a nice group of people you

are!

| My family are visiting Melbourne next week (my husband does quite a bit of

| work there) and I am looking forward to some of your lovely, warm Aussie

| weather.

|

| Best wishes,

|

Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.

Welcome . I think you will find this site very helpful and full

of supportive people.

On Sep 22, 2006, at 12:34 PM, greencatzoe wrote:

> Hi

> My name is and I'm 41 next month and live in Wellington, New

> Zealand. I have had a fairly rare form of inflammatory arthritis

> (called 'reactive arthritis') for 13 years now, off and on, but over

> the last 2 years I have had an aggressive flare up that has resulted

> in damage to my right hip. (And maybe also my right knee and elbow -

> I am having an MRI soon, to check that out.)

>

> I have 'secondary osteoarthritis' of the hip and an MRI and xray show

> joint space narrowing, a 13mm cyst (geode), frayed cartilege and

> general degeneration and so I am looking at having a total hip

> replacement done very soon. The pain increased over 6 months and is

> terrible: I am currently managing thanks to slow-release morphine and

> tramadol (for 'break-through' pain).

>

> This hip replacement business is kind of scary, especially at my age.

> What really shocked me though, was that my hip is not a joint that

> was ever affected by my inflammatory arthritis. (That is only in my

> knees, elbow and lower back.)

>

> I am so pleased to have found your group! I am lucky to have a

> brilliant husband (we just had our 20th anniversary) and a gorgeous

> nearly-13 year old daughter, so am really blessed. I work part-time

> as an archivist at NZ's government archives - a job I love.

>

> Look forward to talking with you all,

>

>

>

>

The Bible is the only book in which the Author is always present.

Thank Susie for your welcome. The internet certainly makes the world a smaller and more friendly place, especially when when suffering from a rare disease! (New Zealand only has 4 million people, so it is hard getting in touch with others 'in the same boat'.)

-----Original Message-----From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ]On Behalf Of Suzanne SnyderSent: Saturday, 23 September 2006 7:40 p.m.Joint Replacement Subject: Re: Introducing myself

Hi ,

I just wanted to wish you luck and welcome to the group the people hear are nice and very helpful I wish you the best of luck and have a nice day :-)

Susie

Hi , Your welcome I live in the USA I'm not sure how many people are here , You are right it does make it a smaller place to talked to each other . Well you take care and have a nice day . Susie Harnett <wjkh@...> wrote: Thank Susie for your welcome. The internet certainly makes the world a smaller and more friendly place, especially when when suffering from a rare disease! (New Zealand only has 4 million people, so it is hard getting in touch with others 'in the same boat'.) -----Original Message-----From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ]On Behalf Of Suzanne SnyderSent: Saturday, 23 September 2006 7:40 p.m.Joint Replacement Subject: Re: Introducing myself Hi , I just wanted to wish you luck and welcome to the group the people hear are nice and very helpful I wish you the best of luck and have a nice day :-) Susie .

There are now 299,823,874 people in the US, more or less. Oops! That just became out of date. There's a site that actually keeps count: http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html

Ann

RE: Introducing myself

Hi ,

Your welcome I live in the USA I'm not sure how many people are here , You are right it does make it a smaller place to talked to each other . Well you take care and have a nice day .

Susie Harnett <wjkh@....nz> wrote:

Thank Susie for your welcome. The internet certainly makes the world a smaller and more friendly place, especially when when suffering from a rare disease! (New Zealand only has 4 million people, so it is hard getting in touch with others 'in the same boat'.)

-----Original Message-----From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ]On Behalf Of Suzanne SnyderSent: Saturday, 23 September 2006 7:40 p.m.Joint Replacement Subject: Re: Introducing myself

Hi ,

I just wanted to wish you luck and welcome to the group the people hear are nice and very helpful I wish you the best of luck and have a nice day :-)

Susie

Welcome April. You will find this a caring loving group with something

in common. I have had both knees done and am so much better. I have

arthritis all over the body. the only part that doesn't hurt are my

elbows and hips so far.

On Sep 24, 2006, at 11:17 PM, Suzanne Snyder wrote:

> Hi ,

> Your welcome <05.gif> I live in the USA I'm not sure how many people

> are here , You are right it does make it a smaller place to talked to

> each other . Well you take care and have a nice day .

>

\

Susie

>

> Harnett <wjkh@...> wrote:

>> Thank Susie for your welcome. The internet certainly makes the world

>> a smaller and more friendly place, especially when when suffering

>> from a rare disease! (New Zealand only has 4 million people, so it is

>> hard getting in touch with others 'in the same boat'.)

>>  

>>

>>  

>>> Re: Introducing myself

>>>

>>> Hi ,

>>> I just wanted to wish you luck and welcome to the group the people

>>> hear are nice and very helpful I wish you the best of luck and have

>>> a nice day :-)

>>>

Susie

>>>

>>> .

>>> <serv.gif>

>

>

" It is risky to go out on a limb but that is where the fruit is. "

You're like me. I too have arthritis all over my body but my hips and

elbows are fine. I'd rather my neck and back were good because

spines cannot be replaced and the thought of a wheelchair scares

the heck of out me.

Sherry

Re: Introducing myself

Welcome April. You will find this a caring loving group with something in common. I have had both knees done and am so much better. I have arthritis all over the body. the only part that doesn't hurt are my elbows and hips so far.On Sep 24, 2006, at 11:17 PM, Suzanne Snyder wrote:

Hi ,

Your welcome

<05.gif> I live in the USA I'm not sure how many people are here , You are right it does make it a smaller place to talked to each other . Well you take care and have a nice day .

Susie

Harnett <wjkh@...> wrote:

-----Original Message-----From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ]On Behalf Of Suzanne SnyderSent: Saturday, 23 September 2006 7:40 p.m.Joint Replacement Subject: Re: Introducing myselfHi ,I just wanted to wish you luck and welcome to the group the people hear are nice and very helpful I wish you the best of luck and have a nice day :-) Susie.

<serv.gif> "It is risky to go out on a limb but that is where the fruit is."

Sherry -- I don't know whether this will be helpful, but discs can be replaced: http://www.spineuniverse.com/displayarticle.php/article1683.html . They only address cervical and lumbar (my bad discs are thoracic). This site has several articles you can click on.

Ann

Welcome April. You will find this a caring loving group with something in common. I have had both knees done and am so much better. I have arthritis all over the body. the only part that doesn't hurt are my elbows and hips so far.On Sep 24, 2006, at 11:17 PM, Suzanne Snyder wrote:

Hi ,

Your welcome

<05.gif> I live in the USA I'm not sure how many people are here , You are right it does make it a smaller place to talked to each other . Well you take care and have a nice day .

Susie

Harnett <wjkh@....nz> wrote:

-----Original Message-----From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ]On Behalf Of Suzanne SnyderSent: Saturday, 23 September 2006 7:40 p.m.Joint Replacement Subject: Re: Introducing myselfHi ,I just wanted to wish you luck and welcome to the group the people hear are nice and very helpful I wish you the best of luck and have a nice day :-) Susie.

Only on younger people from what I was told several years ago unless

they made progress. My neck is almost gone. I have osteoporosis

and the bone is being eaten away as well as the disks. Some

of the vertebra are fused already. I will check the page. Thanks.

Sherry

Hi ,

Your welcome

Susie

Wow! Big bummer! I hope you find relief.

Ann

Hi ,

Your welcome

Susie

Hi Sherry, I like you have Arthritis all over my body also thats great your hip and elbows are fine I have Arthritis in my Spine and my feet and all my dr says is walk as much as you can and thats hard to do oh well I just take one day at a time ,Well you have a nice day :-) Susie"S.A.M." <blueopal@...> wrote:  , You're like me. I too have arthritis all over my body but my hips and elbows are fine. I'd rather my neck and back were good because spines cannot be replaced and the thought of a wheelchair scares the heck of out me. Sherry Re: Introducing myself Welcome April. You will find this a caring loving group with something in common. I have had both knees done and am so much better. I have arthritis all over the body. the only part that doesn't hurt are my elbows and hips so far.On Sep 24, 2006, at

11:17 PM, Suzanne Snyder wrote: Hi , Your welcome <05.gif> I live in the USA I'm not sure how many people are here , You are right it does make it a smaller place to talked to each other . Well you take care and have a nice day . Susie Harnett <wjkh@....nz> wrote: Thank Susie for your welcome. The internet certainly makes the world a smaller and more friendly place, especially when when suffering from a rare disease! (New Zealand only has 4

million people, so it is hard getting in touch with others 'in the same boat'.) -----Original Message-----From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ]On Behalf Of Suzanne SnyderSent: Saturday, 23 September 2006 7:40 p.m.Joint Replacement Subject: Re: Introducing myselfHi ,I just wanted to wish you luck and welcome to the group the people hear are nice and very helpful I wish you the best of luck and have a nice day :-) Susie. <serv.gif> "It is risky to go out on a limb but that is where the fruit is."

Hi Ann, Thanks for letting me know that :-) SusieAnn <ruby2zdy@...> wrote: There are now 299,823,874 people in the US, more or less. Oops! That just became out of date. There's a site that actually keeps count: http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html Ann RE: Introducing myself Hi , Your welcome I live in the USA I'm not sure how many people are here , You are right it does make it a smaller place to talked to each other . Well you take care and have a nice day . Susie Harnett <wjkh@....nz> wrote: Thank Susie for your welcome. The internet certainly makes the world a smaller and more friendly place, especially when when suffering from a rare disease! (New Zealand only has 4 million people, so it is hard getting in touch with others 'in the same boat'.) -----Original Message-----From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ]On Behalf Of Suzanne SnyderSent: Saturday, 23 September 2006 7:40 p.m.Joint Replacement Subject: Re: Introducing myself Hi , I just wanted to wish you luck and welcome to the group the people hear are nice and very helpful I wish you the best of luck and have a nice day :-) Susie .

• 2 months later...

Welcome Jenna

This is a nice group! I'm 41 and have just had my right hip replaced. It's only Day 8, but I'm already glad I did :)

in NZ

-----Original Message-----From: Joint Replacement [mailto:Joint Replacement ]On Behalf Of JennaSent: Tuesday, 5 December 2006 3:24 a.m.Joint Replacement Subject: Introducing myself

Hi - I'm Jenna 48-years young in mid-land and facing THR soon - in fact, I go today for a CT scan that goes to the implant manufacturer. My hip is congenitally malformed and so I've been dealing with tx since I was a little kid - but in the 1960's all they knew to do was traction, body casts, etc. I've mostly tried to self-accomodate and ignore it. Now I'm to a point where my ROM is almost totally shot and the pain has me swallowing a lot of pills. I can no longer walk my dog and you should SEE me trying to get on the back of my hubby's motorcycle (I could charge admission!).I found this group to learn more and get over being afraid of this.--Jenna

you and me both, I go in next monday and they are pushing for a spinal, not sure I have the guts.

ann

Introducing myself

Hi - I'm Jenna 48-years young in mid-land and facing THR soon - in fact, I go today for a CT scan that goes to the implant manufacturer. My hip is congenitally malformed and so I've been dealing with tx since I was a little kid - but in the 1960's all they knew to do was traction, body casts, etc. I've mostly tried to self-accomodate and ignore it. Now I'm to a point where my ROM is almost totally shot and the pain has me swallowing a lot of pills. I can no longer walk my dog and you should SEE me trying to get on the back of my hubby's motorcycle (I could charge admission!).I found this group to learn more and get over being afraid of this.--Jenna

Hi Jenna, I just wanted to welcome you to the group :-) I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery :-) Well you take care and have a nice day:-) susie Jenna <jenna@...> wrote: Hi - I'm Jenna 48-years young in mid-land and facing THR soon - in fact, I go today for a CT scan that goes to the implant manufacturer. My hip is congenitally malformed and so I've been dealing with tx since I was a little kid - but in the 1960's all they knew to do was traction, body casts, etc. I've mostly tried to self-accomodate and ignore it. Now I'm to a point where my ROM is almost totally shot and the pain has me swallowing a lot of pills. I can no longer walk my dog and you should SEE me trying to get on the back of my hubby's motorcycle (I could charge admission!).I found this group to learn more and get over being afraid of this.--Jenna

Hi Jenna! Welcome. This is a great site -- lots of empathy and solid, knowledgable advice. I'm in Northern Virginia in Winchester, Va., and had both knees replaced three months ago. You were wise to find this site before surgery. I didn't find it until afterward, when I was I had fears about recovery. I discovered I may have a little more pain longer, but I am on my way. In the meantime, I've been comforted more than once while receiving the best and solid advice about pain management. I haven't had my hips replaced...yet. But it's in the future, so I'll again be benefitting from the good advice here. Where are you having your surgery done? You will probably hear much more from those who have had hip replacement. But your location caught my attention. I have a friend who has had hip problems since birth and many surgeries. Then her son broke his hip playing soccer when he was a young boy -- perhaps he had was predisposed to a hip problems or it was an awful coincidence. They've both had highly successul surgeries in land. Expect the best. You'll be getting your life back soon. Meanwhile, ask every question you can think of. You'll find your answers here. Warm regards, Donna Suzanne Snyder <juneflower63@...> wrote: Jenna <jennawillowmoonmassage> wrote: Hi - I'm Jenna 48-years young in mid-land and facing THR soon - in fact, I go today for a CT scan that goes to the implant manufacturer. My hip is congenitally malformed and so I've been dealing with tx since I was a little kid - but in the 1960's all they knew to do was traction, body casts, etc. I've mostly tried to self-accomodate and ignore it. Now I'm to a point where my ROM is almost totally shot and the pain has me swallowing a lot of pills. I can no longer walk my dog and you should SEE me trying to get on the back of my hubby's motorcycle (I could charge admission!).I found this group to learn more and get over being afraid of this.--Jenna

Check out the all-new beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Welcome, Jenna. I'm 58 and am scheduled for a revision to my RTHR in January. I know how you feel, I can't walk my dog any longer, not even 1/4 mile using my trekking pole. I've been using 1 pole to walk her for the last year. It helps keep me stable (i.e., no more falls!) and it seems to take some of the strain off my right hip. Also looks better than a cane.

I've also experienced the not-so-graceful motorcycle mount! Sometimes I'd get half way on and then I couldn't figure out how to get the leg over and sit. These days, I'm just happy I can get in my car and drive!

Welcome to the group. Good luck with your tests and THR.

-NH

Revision to RTHR: 01/23/07

Hi Jenna! I'm 48 and my surgery has just been moved up to THIS

FRIDAY! I was expecting it to be next week so Christmas has just

been thrown into high gear. Thankfully, all my convelescent

preparations are done. (I took the advice of this group and moved in

an adjustable bed I had in storage)

By the way, Jenna, I ride my own motorcycle (Harley Softtail). I

just couldn't get my butt on that seat behind my husband!! LOL I am

sooo nervous about the surgery but really looking forward to the

results. All you folks on this list have such positive and helpful

things to say - you've really calmed me. So, like my 16 yr old

daughter says - I'll just chill. ;D

in SoCally

>

> Welcome Jenna

> This is a nice group! I'm 41 and have just had my right hip

replaced. It's

> only Day 8, but I'm already glad I did :)

>

> in NZ

> Introducing myself

>

>

> Hi - I'm Jenna 48-years young in mid-land and facing THR

soon - in

> fact, I go today for a CT scan that goes to the implant

manufacturer.

> My hip is congenitally malformed and so I've been dealing with

tx since

> I was a little kid - but in the 1960's all they knew to do was

> traction, body casts, etc. I've mostly tried to self-accomodate

and

> ignore it. Now I'm to a point where my ROM is almost totally

shot and

> the pain has me swallowing a lot of pills. I can no longer walk

my dog

> and you should SEE me trying to get on the back of my hubby's

> motorcycle (I could charge admission!).

>

> I found this group to learn more and get over being afraid of

this.

>

> --Jenna

>

I had both knees done at once, but you all are much braver than me with your motorcycles. :-) And having surgery before Christmas...I'd never be ready. I'm still claiming my pain, so my kids and grandkids are coming to decorate my tree and house on Saturday. , you're on my list and I'm checking it twice. I'll be thinking of you Friday and will look forward to the day you are home and up to writing to let us know how you are. Godspeed. Donna <new2oldway@...> wrote: Hi Jenna! I'm 48 and my surgery has just been moved up to THIS FRIDAY! I was expecting it to be next week so Christmas has just been thrown into high gear. Thankfully, all my convelescent preparations are done. (I took the advice of this group and moved in an adjustable bed I had in storage) By the way, Jenna, I ride my own motorcycle (Harley Softtail). I just couldn't get my butt on that seat behind my husband!! LOL I am sooo nervous about the surgery but really looking forward to the results. All you folks on this list have such positive and helpful things to say - you've really calmed me. So, like my 16 yr old daughter says - I'll just chill. ;D in SoCally>> Welcome Jenna> This is a nice group! I'm 41 and have just had my right hip replaced. It's> only Day 8, but I'm already glad I did :)> > in NZ> Introducing myself> > > Hi - I'm Jenna 48-years young in mid-land and facing THR soon - in> fact, I go today for a CT scan that goes to the implant manufacturer.> My hip is congenitally

malformed and so I've been dealing with tx since> I was a little kid - but in the 1960's all they knew to do was> traction, body casts, etc. I've mostly tried to self-accomodate and> ignore it. Now I'm to a point where my ROM is almost totally shot and> the pain has me swallowing a lot of pills. I can no longer walk my dog> and you should SEE me trying to get on the back of my hubby's> motorcycle (I could charge admission!).> > I found this group to learn more and get over being afraid of this.> > --Jenna>

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

Hi ,

I'm glad you decided to take the plunge. I understand that THR is

easier than TKR which I had 2.25 months ago. It isn't an easy road

back, but it is well worth the effort and suffering. It's good you

found us before surgery, I wish I had been so lucky. We'll be here

for you before and after. Good luck and don't be too nervous, we all

went through it and made it through with flying colors and so will you.

Best Regards,

Alan B in NJ

>

> Welcome, Jenna. I'm 58 and am scheduled for a revision to my RTHR

in January. I know how you feel, I can't walk my dog any longer, not

even 1/4 mile using my trekking pole. I've been using 1 pole to walk

her for the last year. It helps keep me stable (i.e., no more falls!)

and it seems to take some of the strain off my right hip. Also looks

better than a cane.

> I've also experienced the not-so-graceful motorcycle mount!

Sometimes I'd get half way on and then I couldn't figure out how to

get the leg over and sit. These days, I'm just happy I can get in my

car and drive!

>

> Welcome to the group. Good luck with your tests and THR.

> -NH

> Revision to RTHR: 01/23/07

>

• 1 month later...

Hi Sandy,

I too had a similar experience with body voltage in bed and wiring

problems in the house.

That broke my system down enough to let liver problems, EBV, and other

things get a hold.

It has been a long process of total system reboot for me.

I drive a new Mazda 3 stick shift. It has the best readings on the

driver side of anything that I drove.

thanks,

On Jan 14, 2007, at 1:00 PM, Sandi Maurer wrote:

> Hello all,

>

> We found out about two months ago that we have been overexposed to

> EMF's

> from our indoor wiring. I had known about emfs and had a house tested

> in

> the 90's and thought that as long as there was nothing plugged in by

> the

> bed and we weren't sleeping near the breaker box we were safe. Wrong.

> We

> were sleeping in 5 volts per meter electric fields and 2-4 mg magnetic

> fields for 6 and 1/2 years. I had been struggling with my immune system

> health since we moved into the house and my husband had chronic

> fatigue.

> My daughter, four years old had rashes and allergies and frenetic

> behavior. So our quick remedy was to cut the breakers to the bedrooms

> and then to most of the house. I am eliminating our exposure as best I

> can and really learning a lot. The detox from the emf's has been

> intense! I have good days and then detox days. I find if when I feel a

> detox coming on I drink ALOT of water it seems to help. I have had

> intense headaches, all over feeling bad and sores over alot of my body

> as a result of the detox. In addition to reducing my exposure I am

> taking an immune system tea as well as a mixture of nettles, raspberry

> leaf and oat straw. I also am eager to see my acupuncturist next week

> who has been away on extended vacation. I also see a chiropractor, but

> have not seen a reg doctor for this. Neither my chiro or acupuncturist

> knew of ES. They knew of power line exposure, but not indoor wiring or

> magnetic fields from appliances or cars.

>

> My husband has been testing cars and he found the jeep wrangler tested

> very low for EMF's. Lower yet was the four door GMC truck. we tested

> with a trifield meter.

>

> Thanks everyone!

> Sandi In Sonoma County California.

>

>

>

>

• 5 months later...
Guest guest

Hi! Welcome to the group! I'd love to hear your recipes, proper English or

otherwise (you sound like you know English very well however: and I don't

know Swedish at all).

--

On 6/26/07, kittykorint <karin@...> wrote:

>

> Hello, my name is Karin and I just joined this group. I live in Sweden

> and cooking is both my hobby and partly my profession.

> I have been fermenting a little, but learning mostly. I have a quick

> lacto-fermentation of vegetables that I do all the time that I can

> chare. I will put tell you how under recepies, as soon I have

> translated it in to English.

> Karin

>

> ps I hope you can put up with my english.//K

>

>

>

>

>

>

• 1 month later...

a,

" I am a bit shy and I like lurking :) "

I never would have known. ;) Your English is great and you are lurking

at the right place. While you await surgery, ask anything that comes to mind

and enjoy the list.

(takes my name back and throws away the " a' that doesnt belong there!)

Some people are like Slinkies .. not really good for anything, but you can't

help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

& Dreamer Doll ke7nwn

Newport, Oregon

N24C 3G 8/2000 Hookup

rclark0276@...

http://webpages.charter.net/dog_guide/

Hello a and welcome to the group.

Your English is very good and your hearing history suggests that you

should be an excellent candidate for a very good outcome with a CI.

Have you decided which one you will get yet? Will you have a brand

choice, in Italy? Post any questions you can think of and you can be

sure someone will attempt to answer them.

I have the Freedom, by Cochlear. Like yourself, I too was late

deafened, so I know what things actually sound like. The first tests

that said I was starting to lose my hearing were when I was about 28

and from then on my hearing got progressively worse. I was exposed to

noise for many years in underground coal mines and this, coupled with

some hereditary deafness on one side of my family, didnt help.

I wore 2 hearing aids from when I was 34 and wore them for much

longer than yourself. I always wore my hearing aids and I'm sure it

helped when I got my CI, because my results were instant. I could

talk with the audiologist right from the time I was activated. This

isnt always the case, but it was in my case.

Please keep us up to date with what you are doing, now that you have

broken the ice.

Ted F.

>

> Hi all!

> I am writing from Italy.

> Please forgive me for my English. I hope you will understand me

> quite well.

> I joined CIhear some months ago but I never introduce myself. I am

a bit shy and I like lurking :)

>

> I came here looking for infos about CI. I read posts almost every

> day and I found many many useful topics, and your experiences are

> very precious to me.

>

> I am 42 now, my hearing was good until the age of 30. Then I began

> to have problems.

> I have a hearing aid since 1997 on the left ear, and another since

> 2002 in the right one. But it's not enough for me.

>

> I am a candidate for the CI on my right ear (the worst). I already

> have made all the tests (audiometrics, Tc scan, Magnetic

> resonance...) and they went well.

> My surgery will be on october-november, Doctors still have not told

> me the exact day.

>

> I am very excited, but not so anxious. I am not worried about

> surgery itself. I don't really care about having my hair shaved ( i

> know some do it)... they grow so fast!

> I feel calm and very confident in my doctors, they are very good

> and well-known here.

> I hope I will have speech and clear words back again, even if not

> perfect hearing.

>

> Thank you and see you soon

> a

>

> (sorry, I sent another empty mail before this one, I never use

mail as a client)

>