Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

driving

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Margaret,

I've been riding a mountain bike, of sorts, since my third week. I

live on what could be considered a small mountain, and my bike is

stationarily situated on the floor in front of the TV.

Touché, encore!

And if that weren't enough, I also brought my rollerblades up from

storage yesterday, but I haven't quite mustered up or down the courage

to put them on.

Staninfr

He walks!

Go eat your green avocados!

> I would have driven at 4 weeks too - but my battery was flat!

> Wonder which of us will be earliest on the mountain bike?

> Margaret

>

>

> Re: Driving

>

>

> Margaret,

>

> Maybe your scar is slightly shorter than mine, but I drove at four

> weeks. So there!!

>

> Staninfr

> Save your old French francs. They have become more valuable than

the

> Euro!

Guest guest

Mararet

I predict that you'll be using your mountain bike before you currently

realize. It works on relatively level ground, too, doesn't it, or

does it function only on mountains. Are there lots of mountains around

you? Is Mount Siani (sp???) near you, or is that just a hospital in N.

Y.?

Ciao

Staninfr

He types!

> I would have driven at 4 weeks too - but my battery was flat!

> Wonder which of us will be earliest on the mountain bike?

> Margaret

>

>

> Re: Driving

>

>

> Margaret,

>

> Maybe your scar is slightly shorter than mine, but I drove at

four

> weeks. So there!!

>

> Staninfr

> Save your old French francs. They have become more valuable

than the

> Euro!

>

>

>

Guest guest

Yes It works on level ground too (which I prefer! I get too puffed riding uphill, and too scared riding down.) This is mostly pretty hilly country round here. I do have a couple of hundred yards of level lane outside my house to practise - but otherwise I'd have to take the bike on a rack on my car, and drive out of town to find level stretches.

My nearest mountains are the Golan Heights and Mount Hermon. Also Mount Meron, about 10km from here. Mount Sinai is a long way from here - way down south in the Sinai Peninsula - belongs to Egypt now.

About half an hour's drive downhill from me is the Sea of Galilee - some nice level rides round there. Also in the Huleh Valley nature reserve (a little further north) - great birdwatching place. The drive up to the Golan Heights is steep - but once you're up there (about 30 minutes drive from home for me), it's a large volcanic plateau, so the roads are fairly level, and the scenery spectacular! Some places you can get close to the Syrian border.

I'm planning a few day-trips for when the weather's cooler and I am stronger and back on wheels again.....

Margaret

She bikes!

----- Original Message -----

MararetI predict that you'll be using your mountain bike before you currently realize. It works on relatively level ground, too, doesn't it, or does it function only on mountains. Are there lots of mountains around you? Is Mount Siani (sp???) near you, or is that just a hospital in N.Y.?CiaoStaninfrHe types!

Guest guest

Mine's right hip. So it's the foot that I use for accelerator and brake pedals. (My car has manual gears).

Sorry you're having such trouble with pain meds. I must be lucky - haven't felt any need for pain meds since I came home. Had slightly aching muscles, and my incision was itching and tender (still is, a bit). And my left leg is starting to hurt a bit. (I'll need to get that hip done some time in the future.) But nothing that needed pain control. Seems I got off lightly!

Margaret

_____

Bet she would too if she was close to the doctor who could do the approval. Margaret.....I forgot if its your right or left hip. When I asked about driving after surgery, the Rehab MD said there was no problem with it since it was my left knee. He already knew I didn't take pain meds during the day because they make me almost pass out.

By the way.....did I tell you I had experimentally tried a Tylox during the day and monitored vitals after it? Within an hour, my pulse rate had dropped to 44, and pressure to 67/50. No wonder I feel horrible and puke on the stuff.

y

Guest guest

Margaret

Have you had your left hip X-rayed? I was concerned that I might

need a hip replacement in the left leg because it's been sore to

touch.

However, I had an X-ray, and two doctors have said that the hip is

in fine condition. I hope that they are right. I'm not ready for a

repeat performance of my experience on 1 June 2004, are you?

Thanks for the geography lesson, by the way. I've been in at least

twenty different countries in the world, but I've missed yours. I

even went " Back in the U.S.S.R. " on a student study trip when it was

Communist. That was interesting.

Peace,

Staninfr

> Mine's right hip. So it's the foot that I use for accelerator and

brake pedals. (My car has manual gears).

>

> Sorry you're having such trouble with pain meds. I must be lucky -

haven't felt any need for pain meds since I came home. Had slightly

aching muscles, and my incision was itching and tender (still is, a

bit). And my left leg is starting to hurt a bit. (I'll need to get

that hip done some time in the future.) But nothing that needed

pain control. Seems I got off lightly!

>

> Margaret

> ----- Original Message -----

> _____

> Bet she would too if she was close to the doctor who could do

the approval. Margaret.....I forgot if its your right or left hip.

When I asked about driving after surgery, the Rehab MD said there

was no problem with it since it was my left knee. He already knew I

didn't take pain meds during the day because they make me almost

pass out.

>

> By the way.....did I tell you I had experimentally tried a Tylox

during the day and monitored vitals after it? Within an hour, my

pulse rate had dropped to 44, and pressure to 67/50. No wonder I

feel horrible and puke on the stuff.

> y

>

>

>

Guest guest

Yes, I had both hips xrayed. The left is also bad (but the right one was worse). By the time I had surgery, the right was bone-on-bone, the left still has some cartilage. My surgeon's advice was to wait at least 3 months (for the right to completely heal), and then have the left one done. So I shall have to go through all this again at some future date.

Meanwhile the left one doesn't feel too bad most of the time - it's not giving me the crippling pain the other one did - so I hope I can postpone it at least until next summer.

I prefer summer, because then I won't have to struggle with socks and closed shoes, or with cold damp weather.

Margaret

MargaretHave you had your left hip X-rayed? I was concerned that I might need a hip replacement in the left leg because it's been sore to touch.However, I had an X-ray, and two doctors have said that the hip is in fine condition. I hope that they are right. I'm not ready for a repeat performance of my experience on 1 June 2004, are you?

Guest guest

DEAR KATRINA,YOU HAVE TO BE SEIZURE FREE FOR TWO YEARS OR MORE!!!!!! HAVE A

BLESSED DAY,MARK

katrini24 <katrini24@...> wrote:Hi My name is Katrina!!! I was wondering

for anyone who has not been

able to drive, because of there epilepsy, How long did you have to

wait until you could drive? I have been seizure free for a year know.

katrini24@...

Guest guest

Hi Margaret,

I just wanted to say that it has to be neat to live in the place where when you read the Bible and can just a think what it looks like and you live their.

I don't know but do you have shows their or can you rent vcrs or dvd movies I hope I'm not asking the wrong questions. Well you take care:-)

SusieMargaret Hayon <margaret@...> wrote:

Yes It works on level ground too (which I prefer! I get too puffed riding uphill, and too scared riding down.) This is mostly pretty hilly country round here. I do have a couple of hundred yards of level lane outside my house to practise - but otherwise I'd have to take the bike on a rack on my car, and drive out of town to find level stretches.

My nearest mountains are the Golan Heights and Mount Hermon. Also Mount Meron, about 10km from here. Mount Sinai is a long way from here - way down south in the Sinai Peninsula - belongs to Egypt now.

About half an hour's drive downhill from me is the Sea of Galilee - some nice level rides round there. Also in the Huleh Valley nature reserve (a little further north) - great birdwatching place. The drive up to the Golan Heights is steep - but once you're up there (about 30 minutes drive from home for me), it's a large volcanic plateau, so the roads are fairly level, and the scenery spectacular! Some places you can get close to the Syrian border.

I'm planning a few day-trips for when the weather's cooler and I am stronger and back on wheels again.....

Margaret

She bikes!

MararetI predict that you'll be using your mountain bike before you currently realize. It works on relatively level ground, too, doesn't it, or does it function only on mountains. Are there lots of mountains around you? Is Mount Siani (sp???) near you, or is that just a hospital in N.Y.?CiaoStaninfrHe types!

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/22/2004 8:02:47 AM Central Standard Time, margaret@... writes:

Yes there's everything here, it's a modern country! But there are places (such as the Jordan Valley and the Judean desert) where it still looks much like biblical times - you can see herds of goats and camels, and Arab villagers in traditional dress.......

_____

I find so many Americans who think living anywhere else is to be deprived of all our modern gadgets and conveniences. When my mother in law came from Connecticut to here on the gulf coast, she was actually suprised to find that we had Mcs and Hardys!!

I think of how people think Iraq is some backward country where no woman is educated and all the men just run around with rifles shooting in the air. Then one gets to see the soccer team they sent to the Olympics, and here are normal young men playing at their sports.

Glad you got the car going, margaret. But now that you've gotten a taste of it, I'll bet you don't wait for your doctor to tell you you can.

y

Guest guest

Hi Susie,

Yes there's everything here, it's a modern country! But there are places (such as the Jordan Valley and the Judean desert) where it still looks much like biblical times - you can see herds of goats and camels, and Arab villagers in traditional dress.......

But thankfully Israel is very advanced in medical research, and my minimal-invasive hip-surgery with a very small incision was probably the best I'd have got anywhere.

Margaret

Re: Re: Driving

Hi Margaret,

I just wanted to say that it has to be neat to live in the place where when you read the Bible and can just a think what it looks like and you live their.

I don't know but do you have shows their or can you rent vcrs or dvd movies I hope I'm not asking the wrong questions. Well you take care:-)

Margaret

She bikes!

Guest guest

Margaret

Come on. You're kidding aren't you? You have movies and DVDs? What

do you run them on without electricity?

We don't even have those things in France! We still ride bicycles

between the Birch trees with bread in our armpits and never take

showers.

The Supersonic airlines, the Chunnel, and rapid trains were built

only for the tourists.

(If the Gringos only knew how advanced much of the rest of the world

is! Maybe they don't want to know. Dig, dig.)

SIF

> Yes It works on level ground too (which I prefer! I get too

puffed riding uphill, and too scared riding down.) This is mostly

pretty hilly country round here. I do have a couple of hundred yards

of level lane outside my house to practise - but otherwise I'd have

to take the bike on a rack on my car, and drive out of town to find

level stretches.

> My nearest mountains are the Golan Heights and Mount Hermon.

Also Mount Meron, about 10km from here. Mount Sinai is a long way

from here - way down south in the Sinai Peninsula - belongs to Egypt

now.

> About half an hour's drive downhill from me is the Sea of

Galilee - some nice level rides round there. Also in the Huleh

Valley nature reserve (a little further north) - great birdwatching

place. The drive up to the Golan Heights is steep - but once you're

up there (about 30 minutes drive from home for me), it's a large

volcanic plateau, so the roads are fairly level, and the scenery

spectacular! Some places you can get close to the Syrian border.

> I'm planning a few day-trips for when the weather's cooler and

I am stronger and back on wheels again.....

>

> Margaret

> She bikes!

> ----- Original Message -----

>

>

> Mararet

>

> I predict that you'll be using your mountain bike before you

currently

> realize. It works on relatively level ground, too, doesn't

it, or

> does it function only on mountains. Are there lots of

mountains around

> you? Is Mount Siani (sp???) near you, or is that just a

hospital in N.

> Y.?

>

> Ciao

>

> Staninfr

> He types!

>

>

>

Guest guest

y

As you probably know, the Irak people had an outstanding educational

system and advanced culture before the " good guys " destroyed most of

it in recent years supposedly going after one evil man and non-

existent WMDs.

Well, I suppose it was worth it. We've only sacrificed slightly

under a 1,000 young American men in the process. We did much better

in Vietnam--45,000 young Americans. We don't need to be concerned

about all the non-Americans killed, do we? If not American, they are

typically evil, not in our ecomonic interest, or naive.

Just venting.

SIF

> In a message dated 8/22/2004 8:02:47 AM Central Standard Time,

> margaret@a... writes:

> Yes there's everything here, it's a modern country! But there are

places

> (such as the Jordan Valley and the Judean desert) where it still

looks much like

> biblical times - you can see herds of goats and camels, and Arab

villagers in

> traditional dress.......

> _____

> I find so many Americans who think living anywhere else is to be

deprived of

> all our modern gadgets and conveniences. When my mother in law

came from

> Connecticut to here on the gulf coast, she was actually suprised

to find that we

> had Mcs and Hardys!!

> I think of how people think Iraq is some backward country where no

woman is

> educated and all the men just run around with rifles shooting in

the air. Then

> one gets to see the soccer team they sent to the Olympics, and

here are

> normal young men playing at their sports.

>

> Glad you got the car going, margaret. But now that you've gotten

a taste of

> it, I'll bet you don't wait for your doctor to tell you you can.

> y

Guest guest

Well actually, Stan, we run them on camel-dung and donkey-powered generators.......

Margaret

MargaretCome on. You're kidding aren't you? You have movies and DVDs? What do you run them on without electricity? We don't even have those things in France! We still ride bicycles between the Birch trees with bread in our armpits and never take showers. The Supersonic airlines, the Chunnel, and rapid trains were built only for the tourists.(If the Gringos only knew how advanced much of the rest of the world is! Maybe they don't want to know. Dig, dig.)SIF

Guest guest

Hi Stan.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to asked Margaret such a stupid question I guess I wasn't thinking right sorry.

SusieStan <sagebush2020@...> wrote:

MargaretCome on. You're kidding aren't you? You have movies and DVDs? What do you run them on without electricity? We don't even have those things in France! We still ride bicycles between the Birch trees with bread in our armpits and never take showers. The Supersonic airlines, the Chunnel, and rapid trains were built only for the tourists.(If the Gringos only knew how advanced much of the rest of the world is! Maybe they don't want to know. Dig, dig.)SIF> Yes It works on level ground too (which I prefer! I get too puffed riding uphill, and too scared riding down.) This is mostly pretty hilly country round here. I do have a couple of hundred yards of level lane outside my house to practise - but otherwise I'd have to take the bike on a rack on my car, and drive out of town to find level stretches.> My nearest mountains are the Golan Heights and Mount Hermon. Also Mount Meron, about 10km from here. Mount Sinai is a long way

from here - way down south in the Sinai Peninsula - belongs to Egypt now.> About half an hour's drive downhill from me is the Sea of Galilee - some nice level rides round there. Also in the Huleh Valley nature reserve (a little further north) - great birdwatching place. The drive up to the Golan Heights is steep - but once you're up there (about 30 minutes drive from home for me), it's a large volcanic plateau, so the roads are fairly level, and the scenery spectacular! Some places you can get close to the Syrian border.> I'm planning a few day-trips for when the weather's cooler and I am stronger and back on wheels again.....> > Margaret> She bikes!> ----- Original Message ----- > > > Mararet>

> I predict that you'll be using your mountain bike before you currently > realize. It works on relatively level ground, too, doesn't it, or > does it function only on mountains. Are there lots of mountains around > you? Is Mount Siani (sp???) near you, or is that just a hospital in N.> Y.?> > Ciao> > Staninfr> He types!> > >

Guest guest

Hi y,

I 'm sorry I asked Margaret such a stupid question I wasn't thinking right .Well you have a nice day. Susiescottyzpt@... wrote:

In a message dated 8/22/2004 8:02:47 AM Central Standard Time, margaret@... writes:

_____

I find so many Americans who think living anywhere else is to be deprived of all our modern gadgets and conveniences. When my mother in law came from Connecticut to here on the gulf coast, she was actually suprised to find that we had Mcs and Hardys!!

I think of how people think Iraq is some backward country where no woman is educated and all the men just run around with rifles shooting in the air. Then one gets to see the soccer team they sent to the Olympics, and here are normal young men playing at their sports.

Glad you got the car going, margaret. But now that you've gotten a taste of it, I'll bet you don't wait for your doctor to tell you you can.

y

Guest guest

Hi Margaret,

I'm sorry I asked you such a stupid question I don't know where my brains where.Well you have a nice day.Sometimes I wish I had one of your guys Drs I might be feeling a lot better by now .

Hi Susie,

But thankfully Israel is very advanced in medical research, and my minimal-invasive hip-surgery with a very small incision was probably the best I'd have got anywhere.

Margaret

Hi Margaret,

Margaret

She bikes!

Guest guest

That's ok Susie, don't worry about it! There are lots of places in the world I haven't been to either, and I probably imagine them completely different to what they actually are. And we form our impressions from picture-postcards and from bits we see on tv - and it gives us a very limited and misleading picture of the place.

I hope you find the right doctor to help you feel better.

Take care,

Margaret

Hi Margaret,

I'm sorry I asked you such a stupid question I don't know where my brains where.Well you have a nice day.Sometimes I wish I had one of your guys Drs I might be feeling a lot better by now .

Susie

Guest guest

Susie

I didn't think it was stupid. I found it amusing, but not stupid.

To me, there's no such thing as a stupid question. If you hadn't

asked, you wouldn't have found out something that Margaret told you.

You are not alone in this world. Many people feel that the US is the

only place that has modern things. Do you know that things like the

Cellphone, supersonic planes, extremely rapid trains, and even the

internet, were developed first in other countries?

So what? We all benefit from developments regardless of where they

were originated. On the other hand we all suffer from some

international developments, but that's the trade off.

Keep asking the questions. I had a prof once who said " The only

stupid question is the one that isn't asked. "

Have a good one.

Staninfr

> > Yes It works on level ground too (which I prefer! I get too

> puffed riding uphill, and too scared riding down.) This is mostly

> pretty hilly country round here. I do have a couple of hundred

yards

> of level lane outside my house to practise - but otherwise I'd

have

> to take the bike on a rack on my car, and drive out of town to

find

> level stretches.

> > My nearest mountains are the Golan Heights and Mount Hermon.

> Also Mount Meron, about 10km from here. Mount Sinai is a long way

> from here - way down south in the Sinai Peninsula - belongs to

Egypt

> now.

> > About half an hour's drive downhill from me is the Sea of

> Galilee - some nice level rides round there. Also in the Huleh

> Valley nature reserve (a little further north) - great

birdwatching

> place. The drive up to the Golan Heights is steep - but once

you're

> up there (about 30 minutes drive from home for me), it's a large

> volcanic plateau, so the roads are fairly level, and the scenery

> spectacular! Some places you can get close to the Syrian border.

> > I'm planning a few day-trips for when the weather's cooler

and

> I am stronger and back on wheels again.....

> >

> > Margaret

> > She bikes!

> > ----- Original Message -----

> >

> >

> > Mararet

> >

> > I predict that you'll be using your mountain bike before

you

> currently

> > realize. It works on relatively level ground, too,

doesn't

> it, or

> > does it function only on mountains. Are there lots of

> mountains around

> > you? Is Mount Siani (sp???) near you, or is that just a

> hospital in N.

> > Y.?

> >

> > Ciao

> >

> > Staninfr

> > He types!

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/23/2004 1:28:50 AM Central Standard Time, juneflower60@... writes:

We still ride bicycles between the Birch trees with bread in our armpits and never take showers.

______

This gave me a chuckle, as I have a few photos I took iin the streets of Paris, and one is of an old guy walking along with a bread in his armpit and a very short roach in his mouth.

y

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/23/2004 5:04:15 AM Central Standard Time, juneflower60@... writes:

That would be nice, but in a way I met you I saw your picture and I think you saw my Picture right?

_____

No Suzie. I just went to the photos and didn't see you there. Then I went to files and found two Spam pieces about having a Vegan lover. Margaret and Stan are there in the photos, and so am I, but where are you.

y

Guest guest

Hi Stan,

Well thanks for saying that its really something I was telling my Aunt thats 87 that a lot of things where invented in her and our time .Well you have a good day .Stan <sagebush2020@...> wrote:

SusieI didn't think it was stupid. I found it amusing, but not stupid.To me, there's no such thing as a stupid question. If you hadn't asked, you wouldn't have found out something that Margaret told you.You are not alone in this world. Many people feel that the US is the only place that has modern things. Do you know that things like the Cellphone, supersonic planes, extremely rapid trains, and even the internet, were developed first in other countries?So what? We all benefit from developments regardless of where they were originated. On the other hand we all suffer from some international developments, but that's the trade off.Keep asking the questions. I had a prof once who said "The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked."Have a good one.Staninfr> > Yes It works on level ground too (which I prefer! I get too > puffed riding uphill, and too scared riding down.) This is mostly > pretty hilly country round here. I do have a couple of hundred yards > of level lane outside my house to practise - but otherwise I'd have > to take the bike on a rack on my car, and drive out of town to find > level stretches.> > My nearest mountains are the Golan Heights and Mount Hermon. > Also Mount Meron,

about 10km from here. Mount Sinai is a long way > from here - way down south in the Sinai Peninsula - belongs to Egypt > now.> > About half an hour's drive downhill from me is the Sea of > Galilee - some nice level rides round there. Also in the Huleh > Valley nature reserve (a little further north) - great birdwatching > place. The drive up to the Golan Heights is steep - but once you're > up there (about 30 minutes drive from home for me), it's a large > volcanic plateau, so the roads are fairly level, and the scenery > spectacular! Some places you can get close to the Syrian border.> > I'm planning a few day-trips for when the weather's cooler and > I am stronger and back on wheels again.....> > > > Margaret> > She bikes!>

> ----- Original Message ----- > > > > > > Mararet> > > > I predict that you'll be using your mountain bike before you > currently > > realize. It works on relatively level ground, too, doesn't > it, or > > does it function only on mountains. Are there lots of > mountains around > > you? Is Mount Siani (sp???) near you, or is that just a > hospital in N.> > Y.?> > > > Ciao> > > > Staninfr> > He types!> > > > >

>

Guest guest

Hi Margaret,

Thanks you are right ,I hope I find a better dr it will take time,Well you take care and have a good day.

That's ok Susie, don't worry about it! There are lots of places in the world I haven't been to either, and I probably imagine them completely different to what they actually are. And we form our impressions from picture-postcards and from bits we see on tv - and it gives us a very limited and misleading picture of the place.

I hope you find the right doctor to help you feel better.

Take care,

Margaret

Hi Margaret,

Susie

Guest guest

You too, Susie!

Margaret

Hi Margaret,

Susie

Guest guest

Susie - i forgot to add

Wish we could meet some day...

Best wishes,

Margaret

You too, Susie!

Margaret

Guest guest

Hi Margaret,

That would be nice, but in a way I met you I saw your picture and I think you saw my Picture right? Have a good day and be careful driving ,after four years can you beleive I still have a hard time getting in and out of cars. I wish you the best of Health, Wealth, and Happiness I got this saying from my Mom and Aunt.

Susie - i forgot to add

Wish we could meet some day...

Best wishes,

Margaret

You too, Susie!

Margaret