RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: so upset

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am so sorry this happened to your son. People can be so cruel. I hope he starts feeling better soon. It really is hard seeing your child hurting. I would find out more about the kid and talk to his parents.

( ) so upset

My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his

friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and

he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose

Guest guest

I am so sorry this happened to your son. People can be so cruel. I hope he starts feeling better soon. It really is hard seeing your child hurting. I would find out more about the kid and talk to his parents.

( ) so upset

My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his

friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and

he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose

Guest guest

Oh damn... A similar thing happened to my son.... He was actually being talked into pokemon trades by his "friend"

I am sorry this happened to him... And you.. It really hurts personally to the mom too doesn't it?

I do wish you could contact the boys mom.. But I understand you cant.

I discussed the same thing with my boy.. Funny I think he was your sons age too. Probably a good experience that he had to have.. Like you say he hopefully learned he can't trust everyone.. ( sad .. )

You might want to remind him though that he will always have his family and that moms are 100% trustworthy and that you need some help with some xtra chores around the house.. That he could earn some cash?

Poor kid.. I am sorry

-- ( ) so upset

My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose

Guest guest

Oh damn... A similar thing happened to my son.... He was actually being talked into pokemon trades by his "friend"

I am sorry this happened to him... And you.. It really hurts personally to the mom too doesn't it?

I do wish you could contact the boys mom.. But I understand you cant.

I discussed the same thing with my boy.. Funny I think he was your sons age too. Probably a good experience that he had to have.. Like you say he hopefully learned he can't trust everyone.. ( sad .. )

You might want to remind him though that he will always have his family and that moms are 100% trustworthy and that you need some help with some xtra chores around the house.. That he could earn some cash?

Poor kid.. I am sorry

-- ( ) so upset

My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose

Guest guest

they stopped the Pokemon trades in our school. T.G. When I use to pick up my kids at school because we lived close. I would see some of the kids that were so sad when their cards were missing. I'm glad they don't allow them in school anymore. One child thought he was trading a card for a good card because the other kid said he has 3 of that same exact card and will make that trade with him. later, he found out what happened and that wasn't a good trade.. sorry that happened to your son. I like what you said and I'll tell him that tomorrow morning. I will try to find out where that boy lives and speak with his parents. thanks Rose<cmcintosh5@...> wrote: Oh damn... A similar thing happened to my son.... He was actually being talked into pokemon trades by his "friend" I am sorry this happened to him... And you.. It really hurts personally to the mom too doesn't it? I do wish you could contact the boys mom.. But I understand you cant. I discussed the same thing with my boy.. Funny I think he was your sons age too. Probably a good experience that he had to have.. Like you say he hopefully learned he can't trust everyone.. ( sad .. ) You might

want to remind him though that he will always have his family and that moms are 100% trustworthy and that you need some help with some xtra chores around the house.. That he could earn some cash? Poor kid.. I am sorry -- ( ) so upset My son met a new kid a few years

older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think

that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal

from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

they stopped the Pokemon trades in our school. T.G. When I use to pick up my kids at school because we lived close. I would see some of the kids that were so sad when their cards were missing. I'm glad they don't allow them in school anymore. One child thought he was trading a card for a good card because the other kid said he has 3 of that same exact card and will make that trade with him. later, he found out what happened and that wasn't a good trade.. sorry that happened to your son. I like what you said and I'll tell him that tomorrow morning. I will try to find out where that boy lives and speak with his parents. thanks Rose<cmcintosh5@...> wrote: Oh damn... A similar thing happened to my son.... He was actually being talked into pokemon trades by his "friend" I am sorry this happened to him... And you.. It really hurts personally to the mom too doesn't it? I do wish you could contact the boys mom.. But I understand you cant. I discussed the same thing with my boy.. Funny I think he was your sons age too. Probably a good experience that he had to have.. Like you say he hopefully learned he can't trust everyone.. ( sad .. ) You might

want to remind him though that he will always have his family and that moms are 100% trustworthy and that you need some help with some xtra chores around the house.. That he could earn some cash? Poor kid.. I am sorry -- ( ) so upset My son met a new kid a few years

older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think

that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal

from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose

Guest guest

Rose how awful that someone would take such advantage of your son, i don't blame him for being so upset, i am sending big hugs and lots of love, thoughts and prayers to you all, hopefully he will be okay soon.Sherrybeachbodytan2002 <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his

room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over

again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose

Guest guest

Rose how awful that someone would take such advantage of your son, i don't blame him for being so upset, i am sending big hugs and lots of love, thoughts and prayers to you all, hopefully he will be okay soon.Sherrybeachbodytan2002 <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his

room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over

again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose

Guest guest

Ohhhhh, that is so rotten. I'm so sorry.

RoxannaAutism Happens

( ) so upset

Guest guest

Ohhhhh, that is so rotten. I'm so sorry.

RoxannaAutism Happens

( ) so upset

Guest guest

Rose. I'm so sorry for your son and for you. I understand your not wanting your son to say something. This has happened to our son as well. (before 4th grade)I DID know the little sh=t that stole from us, so I called his folks........had to leave a msg (3 times) and never heard back. Nice. Anyway,,,,,,,Ian (my son) would call the boy a thief everytime he saw him. When this happened, it was summer. Well,,,,,lo and behold, come school time, the kid was in Ian's class. Ian would call him a criminal and glare and growl at him. The teacher finally asked me what "really happened" and I told her. The stories matched. We kind of laughed about how Ian would not let it go. It took a long time for him to simply be able to co-exist and not verbally "abuse" the kid. ha ha. I thank God that Ian finally stopped though,,,,because I wonder how long the

kid would have put up with it and how long others would have put up listening to it. I would try my darndest tomorrow to find out who he is. Maybe from a bus "list"? Then call his folks and let them know. Maybe explain to your son that you are going to try to get to the bottom of this and that you'd appreciate it if he didn't say anything. Acknowledge that he's crushed.....but be honest that you worry that if he says something to the kid, that the kid will deny it and maybe make a lot of trouble for him and you don't want that to happen to him. Again, I'm so sorry. If it would help,,,,,feel free to have him email Ian at this our address. Ian is 11 and is in 6th grade at home. Robinbeachbodytan2002 <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I

asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't

be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Rose. I'm so sorry for your son and for you. I understand your not wanting your son to say something. This has happened to our son as well. (before 4th grade)I DID know the little sh=t that stole from us, so I called his folks........had to leave a msg (3 times) and never heard back. Nice. Anyway,,,,,,,Ian (my son) would call the boy a thief everytime he saw him. When this happened, it was summer. Well,,,,,lo and behold, come school time, the kid was in Ian's class. Ian would call him a criminal and glare and growl at him. The teacher finally asked me what "really happened" and I told her. The stories matched. We kind of laughed about how Ian would not let it go. It took a long time for him to simply be able to co-exist and not verbally "abuse" the kid. ha ha. I thank God that Ian finally stopped though,,,,because I wonder how long the

kid would have put up with it and how long others would have put up listening to it. I would try my darndest tomorrow to find out who he is. Maybe from a bus "list"? Then call his folks and let them know. Maybe explain to your son that you are going to try to get to the bottom of this and that you'd appreciate it if he didn't say anything. Acknowledge that he's crushed.....but be honest that you worry that if he says something to the kid, that the kid will deny it and maybe make a lot of trouble for him and you don't want that to happen to him. Again, I'm so sorry. If it would help,,,,,feel free to have him email Ian at this our address. Ian is 11 and is in 6th grade at home. Robinbeachbodytan2002 <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I

asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't

be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose

Guest guest

thanks Roxanna, it does hurt to see your child so sad.Roxanna <madideas@...> wrote: Ohhhhh, that is so rotten. I'm so sorry. RoxannaAutism Happens ( ) so upset My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As

soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and

hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Sherry, you are so sweet !!! thats why I can relate so much when I read post like this from others...sherry burford <superchick0770@...> wrote: Rose how awful that someone would take such advantage of your son, i don't blame him for being so upset, i am sending big hugs and lots of love, thoughts and prayers to you all, hopefully he will be okay soon.Sherrybeachbodytan2002 <beachbodytan2002 > wrote: My son

met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money !

And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid

wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Robin That sounds like something my son would do. call him a thief. but he only sees him on the school bus and its grades k-12 and I don't know what kind of friends that boy has on the bus. I will find out where he lives and speak to his parents. I'm sorry that happened to your son.. but he stuck up for himself real good!!!! you go Ian !!! thanks Rose and/or Robin Lemke <jrisjs@...> wrote: Rose. I'm so sorry for your son

and for you. I understand your not wanting your son to say something. This has happened to our son as well. (before 4th grade)I DID know the little sh=t that stole from us, so I called his folks........had to leave a msg (3 times) and never heard back. Nice. Anyway,,,,,,,Ian (my son) would call the boy a thief everytime he saw him. When this happened, it was summer. Well,,,,,lo and behold, come school time, the kid was in Ian's class. Ian would call him a criminal and glare and growl at him. The teacher finally asked me what "really happened" and I told her. The stories matched. We kind of laughed about how Ian would not let it go. It took a long time for him to simply be able to co-exist and not verbally "abuse" the kid. ha ha. I thank God that Ian finally stopped though,,,,because I wonder how long the kid would have put up with it and how

long others would have put up listening to it. I would try my darndest tomorrow to find out who he is. Maybe from a bus "list"? Then call his folks and let them know. Maybe explain to your son that you are going to try to get to the bottom of this and that you'd appreciate it if he didn't say anything. Acknowledge that he's crushed.....but be honest that you worry that if he says something to the kid, that the kid will deny it and maybe make a lot of trouble for him and you don't want that to happen to him. Again, I'm so sorry. If it would help,,,,,feel free to have him email Ian at this our address. Ian is 11 and is in 6th grade at home. Robinbeachbodytan2002 <beachbodytan2002 > wrote: My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with

my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me

his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to

share our experience.Rose Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Keep us posted, Rose. RobinRose <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: Robin That sounds like something my son would do. call him a thief. but he only sees him on the school bus and its grades k-12 and I don't know what kind of friends that boy has on the bus. I will find out where he lives and speak to his parents. I'm sorry that happened to your son.. but he stuck up for himself real good!!!! you go Ian !!! thanks Rose and/or Robin Lemke <jrisjs > wrote: Rose. I'm so sorry for your son and for you. I understand your not wanting your son to say something. This has happened to our son as well. (before 4th grade)I DID know the little sh=t that stole from us, so I called his folks........had to leave a msg (3 times) and never heard back. Nice. Anyway,,,,,,,Ian (my son) would call the boy a thief everytime he saw him. When this happened, it was summer. Well,,,,,lo and behold, come school time, the kid was in Ian's class. Ian would call him a criminal and glare and growl at him. The teacher finally asked me what "really happened" and I told her. The stories matched. We kind of laughed about how Ian would not let it

go. It took a long time for him to simply be able to co-exist and not verbally "abuse" the kid. ha ha. I thank God that Ian finally stopped though,,,,because I wonder how long the kid would have put up with it and how long others would have put up listening to it. I would try my darndest tomorrow to find out who he is. Maybe from a bus "list"? Then call his folks and let them know. Maybe explain to your son that you are going to try to get to the bottom of this and that you'd appreciate it if he didn't say anything. Acknowledge that he's crushed.....but be honest that you worry that if he says something to the kid, that the kid will deny it and maybe make a lot of trouble for him and you don't want that to happen to him. Again, I'm so sorry. If it would help,,,,,feel free to have him email Ian at this our address. Ian is 11 and is in 6th grade at home. Robinbeachbodytan2002 <beachbodytan2002 > wrote: My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and

couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say

too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

I will, thanks again and/or Robin Lemke <jrisjs@...> wrote: Keep us posted, Rose. RobinRose <beachbodytan2002 > wrote: Robin That sounds like something my son would do. call him a thief. but he only sees him on the school bus and its grades k-12 and I don't know what kind of friends that boy has on the bus. I will

find out where he lives and speak to his parents. I'm sorry that happened to your son.. but he stuck up for himself real good!!!! you go Ian !!! thanks Rose and/or Robin Lemke <jrisjs > wrote: Rose. I'm so sorry for your son and for you. I understand your not wanting your son to say something. This has happened to our son as well. (before 4th grade)I DID know the little sh=t that stole from us, so I called his folks........had to leave a msg (3 times) and never heard back. Nice. Anyway,,,,,,,Ian (my son) would call the boy a thief everytime he saw him. When this happened, it was summer. Well,,,,,lo and behold, come school time, the kid was in Ian's class. Ian would call him a

criminal and glare and growl at him. The teacher finally asked me what "really happened" and I told her. The stories matched. We kind of laughed about how Ian would not let it go. It took a long time for him to simply be able to co-exist and not verbally "abuse" the kid. ha ha. I thank God that Ian finally stopped though,,,,because I wonder how long the kid would have put up with it and how long others would have put up listening to it. I would try my darndest tomorrow to find out who he is. Maybe from a bus "list"? Then call his folks and let them know. Maybe explain to your son that you are going to try to get to the bottom of this and that you'd appreciate it if he didn't say anything. Acknowledge that he's crushed.....but be honest that you worry that if he says something to the kid, that the kid will deny it and maybe make a lot of trouble for him and you don't want that to

happen to him. Again, I'm so sorry. If it would help,,,,,feel free to have him email Ian at this our address. Ian is 11 and is in 6th grade at home. Robinbeachbodytan2002 <beachbodytan2002 > wrote: My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they

said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm

feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Rose,

So sorry to hear about this. When my son was in the 5th grade, he took his Yu-Gi-Oh cards to school for trades. He would trade cards he knew were really good for cards not so good, just to feel a part of the group. But I could tell after he kept losing card after card, he started to get sick of it. He started standing up for himself and not letting kids take advantage of his kindness. He was doing so much better and then someone stole his deck out of his backpack. Never found out who did it. Fortunately it was one of several decks, but it had some really valuable cards in it. Dylan was just heartbroken. It was very painful at the time, but I think it taught Dylan a valuable lesson in the long run. He's still super compassionate, split his money w/ a girl on a field trip b/c her parents didn't send any

extra for her and she was sad, handed his candy to a little girl in line one time after she spilled hers on the ground and mom didn't have any more money, etc... and I've stopped trying to talk him out of these types of behaviors. He's being a sweet kid. As long as he's not being taken advantage of, I'll let it continue. I see Dylan in 20 years being the man who passes out $100 bills on the street to random strangers. That's my boy!

But to have a boy over to play and this happens...just so sad. I feel for your son and I feel for the boy who stole the money. I suspect he's not going anywhere in his life. I'm glad your son has such a wonderful mom who does everything she can to support and care for him. Hope you figure out who the boy is and you're able to talk with his parents, although I suspect it won't do much good.

Big, big hug from Austin, TX this evening...

( ) so upset

Guest guest

Reading this made me think of

things my son still does. Lots of what he does is nice but sometimes I feel

he is being taken advantage of and he is almost 18! For example, I

volunteer at his school on Tuesdays and this is also the day the kids can order

pizza (it is a small private school and they don’t have a cafeteria so they

have to take their lunches). This school has two groups of kids –

high schoolers that take a regular curriculum in preparation for college or a

job and then a group of students with classical autism. Today, when I was

taking their orders one of the kids from this group didn’t have money to

order pizza and was standing at the desk insisting that he wanted pizza.

My son was also standing there and said, “Here , I have some extra

money and I will pay for yours.” This was very nice and something

that my son will do without hesitation. But, on at least two recent

occasions I feel he has definitely been taken advantage of – he went to

the mall with a “friend” (a girl) and both times he has given her

$20 or more to buy something for herself. And, she has never offered to

pay him back. Unfortunately, she only wants to be friends when she wants

something – us to take them to the mall, out to eat, to a movie,

etc. When she has something better to do she ignores him. And,

bless his heart he has no clue as to how manipulating she is. So, we are

talking about manipulation and how to recognize it/deal with it whenever the

opportunity arises! The school also sees this issue and the counselor is

working with him to help him learn to deal with this.

Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008

10:32 PM

Subject: Re: ( ) so

upset

Rose,

So sorry to hear about this. When my son was in the 5th grade, he

took his Yu-Gi-Oh cards to school for trades. He would trade cards he

knew were really good for cards not so good, just to feel a part of the

group. But I could tell after he kept losing card after card, he started

to get sick of it. He started standing up for himself and not letting

kids take advantage of his kindness. He was doing so much better and then

someone stole his deck out of his backpack. Never found out who did

it. Fortunately it was one of several decks, but it had some really

valuable cards in it. Dylan was just heartbroken. It was very

painful at the time, but I think it taught Dylan a valuable lesson in the long

run. He's still super compassionate, split his money w/ a girl on a field

trip b/c her parents didn't send any extra for her and she was sad, handed his

candy to a little girl in line one time after she spilled hers on the ground

and mom didn't have any more money, etc... and I've stopped trying to

talk him out of these types of behaviors. He's being a sweet kid.

As long as he's not being taken advantage of, I'll let it continue. I see

Dylan in 20 years being the man who passes out $100 bills on the street to

random strangers. That's my boy!

But to have a boy over to play and this happens...just so sad. I

feel for your son and I feel for the boy who stole the money. I suspect

he's not going anywhere in his life. I'm glad your son has such a

wonderful mom who does everything she can to support and care for him.

Hope you figure out who the boy is and you're able to talk with his parents,

although I suspect it won't do much good.

Big, big hug from Austin,

TX this evening...

( ) so upset

My son met a new kid a

few years older than him. He would sit with

my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a

friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today

(3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his

room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they

came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a

while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back

into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked

what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home

and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was

missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed

it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my

son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his

drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money !

And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money.

he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It

was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the

kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll

talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I

still think my son will say something that might become a problem.

my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in

bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe " his friend " would

do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now

learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and

that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say

too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past,

when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find

it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to

do was steal from my son.

Just wanted to share our experience.

Rose

Guest guest

Rose That's really rotten! I feel for your son and for you. Making friends is hard enough. I hope your son isn't upset for too long over this. Mimsbeachbodytan2002 <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into

his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over

Guest guest

, just hearing you talk about your son, I fell in love with his kind sweet personality. He is such a sweet caring kid !!!.. Its just so sad that others ''look for'' and find these type of kids to take advantage of them. and its so hard for our kids to know the difference. Today, school is close again. and that boy said to my son yesterday when he was leaving, that if school is closed again today, I'll come back over. *I should set him up* plant money, and catch the little sh**. but after reading your post, I'll let my son learn from this experience and see if he sticks up for himself. you are right, the kids that go around doing wrong, its because the parents either don't care or to high to care. I hope for now, (my son will need a few days for this all to sink in 'processing' and really realize what happened) for him to really get what just happened. right now, its too soon. he does

need time to process all this. and that's the Hugh problem, by the time he processes all this, too much time has passed...I don't know if any amount of interventions can help him in that area, to improve the way he process things??? Hummm , you impress me with all your posting. and your son is so strong (putting up with all the B.S. from his school) how many kids can do that?. I just know with a great mom like you, he will do so well as an adult and you will be so proud of him. because he learned everything, and to be so strong from you. Rose MacAllister <smacalli@...> wrote: Rose, So sorry to hear about this. When my son was in the 5th grade, he took his Yu-Gi-Oh cards to school for trades. He would trade cards he knew were really good for cards not so good, just to feel a part of the group. But I could tell after he kept losing card after card, he started to get sick of it. He started standing up for himself and not letting kids take advantage of his kindness. He was doing so much better and then someone stole his deck out of his backpack. Never found out who did it. Fortunately it was one of several decks, but it had some really

valuable cards in it. Dylan was just heartbroken. It was very painful at the time, but I think it taught Dylan a valuable lesson in the long run. He's still super compassionate, split his money w/ a girl on a field trip b/c her parents didn't send any extra for her and she was sad, handed his candy to a little girl in line one time after she spilled hers on the ground and mom didn't have any more money, etc... and I've stopped trying to talk him out of these types of behaviors. He's being a sweet kid. As long as he's not being taken advantage of, I'll let it continue. I see Dylan in 20 years being the man who passes out $100 bills on the street to random strangers. That's my boy! But to have a boy over to play and this happens...just

so sad. I feel for your son and I feel for the boy who stole the money. I suspect he's not going anywhere in his life. I'm glad your son has such a wonderful mom who does everything she can to support and care for him. Hope you figure out who the boy is and you're able to talk with his parents, although I suspect it won't do much good. Big, big hug from Austin, TX this evening... ( ) so upset My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything

was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially

the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Mims, that's why I was so upset. more because he lost a friend which is so hard for him to have - than him have that $15 dollars taken from him. That's why he was so sad last night. because he was so happy to know he had a friend. one that came over and called for "him"... not his sister, him... if my son didn't see me so upset, he would not have minded at all about his money being taken, and continue to play with that boy as if nothing happened. just to continue to have a friend... that's my sad part. thanks Rose Mims Batts <mimsnj@...> wrote: Rose That's really rotten! I feel for your son and for you. Making friends is hard enough. I hope your son isn't upset for too long over this. Mimsbeachbodytan2002 <beachbodytan2002 > wrote: My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the -

bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and

this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

, I am already aware my son doesn't understand the 'game' manipulating kids/people can play. the way I found out was, my kids were watching a kids TV show, I think it was on the - sweet life of Zack and Cody. - well any way someone was taking advantage of the rich girl (London Tipton) spelling. she plays a vary naive part. and I was trying to explain it to my son how that other person pretending to be her friend, really is taking advantage of her. now my daughter didn't really understand " what " the friend was doing as far as manipulating her, but she at least knew that friend wasn't treating her right and wasn't a good friend. So now she knows its called manipulating - but doesn't fully understand that meaning. she is 9. so for my son, right now, it just seems impossible for him to ever understand that. he just saw it as: the friend was being so very nice and

London was being so nice back. that's all he understood. ugh!!! but at least my daughter got the idea that the other girl wasn't being a good friend. In the past, some people posted that they don't want there kids learning from TV. but this is the only way my son can have a visual and my explaining what's going on at the same time. I don't seem to catch this manipulating in live action - lol - to teach him. so TV for now helps. and that show Zack and Cody seem to have this 'malipulating' games alot. Rose Elgamal <cindyelgamal@...> wrote: Reading this made me think of things my son still does. Lots of what he does is nice but sometimes I feel he is being taken advantage of and he is almost 18! For example, I volunteer at his school on Tuesdays and this is also the day the kids can order pizza (it is a small private school and they don’t have a cafeteria so they have to take their lunches). This school has two groups of kids – high schoolers that take a regular curriculum in preparation for college or a job and then a group of students with classical autism. Today, when I was taking their orders one of the kids from this group didn’t have money to order pizza and was standing at the desk insisting that he wanted

pizza. My son was also standing there and said, “Here , I have some extra money and I will pay for yours.” This was very nice and something that my son will do without hesitation. But, on at least two recent occasions I feel he has definitely been taken advantage of – he went to the mall with a “friend” (a girl) and both times he has given her $20 or more to buy something for herself. And, she has never offered to pay him back. Unfortunately, she only wants to be friends when she wants something – us to take them to the mall, out to eat, to a movie, etc. When she has something better to do she ignores him. And, bless his heart he has no clue as to how manipulating she is. So, we are talking about manipulation and how to recognize it/deal with it whenever the opportunity arises! The school also sees this issue and the counselor is working with him to help him learn to deal with this. From:

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of MacAllisterSent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 10:32 PM Subject: Re: ( ) so upset Rose, So sorry to hear about this. When my son was in the 5th grade, he took his Yu-Gi-Oh cards to school for

trades. He would trade cards he knew were really good for cards not so good, just to feel a part of the group. But I could tell after he kept losing card after card, he started to get sick of it. He started standing up for himself and not letting kids take advantage of his kindness. He was doing so much better and then someone stole his deck out of his backpack. Never found out who did it. Fortunately it was one of several decks, but it had some really valuable cards in it. Dylan was just heartbroken. It was very painful at the time, but I think it taught Dylan a valuable lesson in the long run. He's still super compassionate, split his money w/ a girl on a field trip b/c her parents didn't send any extra for her and she was sad, handed his candy to a little girl in line one time after she spilled hers on the ground and mom didn't have any more money, etc... and I've stopped trying to talk him out of

these types of behaviors. He's being a sweet kid. As long as he's not being taken advantage of, I'll let it continue. I see Dylan in 20 years being the man who passes out $100 bills on the street to random strangers. That's my boy! But to have a boy over to play and this happens...just so sad. I feel for your son and I feel for the boy who stole the money. I suspect he's not going anywhere in his life. I'm glad your son has such a wonderful mom who does everything she can to support and care for him. Hope you figure out who the boy is and you're able to talk with his parents, although I suspect it won't do much good. Big, big hug from Austin, TX this evening... ( ) so upset My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today (3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son.

My son took him into his room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money ! And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money. he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the kid. I told him not to, when that

boy ask to come over again, I'll talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I still think my son will say something that might become a problem. my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe "his friend" would do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past, when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to do was steal from my son.Just wanted to share our experience.Rose Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

I am sooo sorry. My heart is breaking for you and your son.

Eydie

( ) so upset

My son met a new kid a few years older than him. He would sit with

my son on the school bus sometimes. My son was so happy to have a

friend and in middle school. Well this boy come over the house today

(3rd time in 2 years) to play with my son. My son took him into his

room and let him play with his toy guns and other toys he had. they

came out from his room and stayed playing in the family room for a

while. when the boy went to the - bathroom - I thought. he went back

into my son's room. As soon as the kids went to get him, he asked

what time it was. as soon as they said the time, he had to go home

and left. that was my red flag. I asked my son if anything was

missing from his room? which I knew he wouldn't know until he needed

it and couldn't find it. which can be months later. I then asked my

son where he kept his money? (birthday and Christmas) he said in his

drawer. He got upset and said his friend wouldn't take his money !

And why would I think that way?. I asked him to show me his money.

he opened his drawer to prove me wrong and his money was gone. (It

was $15.00) but the money was his. Now, he wants to speak to the

kid. I told him not to, when that boy ask to come over again, I'll

talk to him. (we don't know where he lives or his last name) but I

still think my son will say something that might become a problem.

my son is in 5th grade and this boy is in 8th. right now, he's in

bed and so sad and hurt because he can't believe " his friend " would

do that to him. as I'm feeling sad for him, I'm hoping he can now

learn that some people can't be trusted, especially the nice ones and

that's why I tell him not to talk to strangers. I didn't want to say

too much tonight because I never saw him that hurt. in the past,

when ever he lost something, kids would return it or help him find

it. and he was so happy to have a 'friend' and all this kid wanted to

do was steal from my son.

Just wanted to share our experience.

Rose

Guest guest

let's think about this though...this is a good lesson about what is NOT a friend...I wouldn't talk about this boy like he "was a friend". Because he wasn't. Know what I mean?

Re: ( ) so upset

Mims,

that's why I was so upset. more because he lost a friend which is so hard for him to have - than him have that $15 dollars taken from him. That's why he was so sad last night. because he was so happy to know he had a friend. one that came over and called for "him"... not his sister, him... if my son didn't see me so upset, he would not have minded at all about his money being taken, and continue to play with that boy as if nothing happened. just to continue to have a friend... that's my sad part.

thanks

Rose Mims Batts <mimsnj (DOT) com> wrote:

Rose

That's really rotten! I feel for your son and for you. Making friends is hard enough. I hope your son isn't upset for too long over this.

Mimsbeachbodytan2002 <beachbodytan2002> wrote: