RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Chuckle for the day

Rate this topic

Guest guest

They are just so literal! Funny!LizOn Feb 15, 2008, at 11:40 AM, Roxanna wrote:Cute! Yesterday we stopped over at the school for my ds's valentine party. I had my 11 yo (hfa) with me. As the kids were playing the games, my ds cheered for his brother to win. The teacher said to him, "Wow, you're Ryder's fan club!" and Reece seriously looked at her and said, "No, I'm Ryder's brother." lol. RoxannaAutism Happens

Guest guest

OH, NO, ROFLMAO....Liz Bohn <lbohn@...> wrote: <intimate language alert> When was 4, two of his Montessori aides were visibly pregnant. When he was walking around with his tummy sticking out, his teacher asked him, ", do you have a baby in your tummy?" He looked at her with great scorn and said, "No,silly, I don't have a vagina!" Just don't ask... Liz On Feb 14, 2008, at 9:45 PM, and/or Robin Lemke wrote: Ha ha. Couldn't you just die sometimes? I was picking my 5 yr old us the other day and her teacher said to me, (she was smiling), "Robin,,,,,I sure hope you let Sam come to school tomorrow". I just said that of course she'd be there....while I was looking at her teacher like,,,what in the world? She said that Sam told her

that she might not be able to make it to school the next day cause she might have to do dishes. Ha ha. I wish.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

OH MY that is just too much, i think i will laugh for days on this one.SherryRose <beachbodytan2002@...> wrote: OH, NO, ROFLMAO....Liz Bohn <lbohn@...> wrote: <intimate language alert> When was 4, two of his Montessori aides were visibly pregnant. When he was walking around with his tummy sticking out, his teacher

asked him, ", do you have a baby in your tummy?" He looked at her with great scorn and said, "No,silly, I don't have a vagina!" Just don't ask... Liz On Feb 14, 2008, at 9:45 PM, and/or Robin Lemke wrote: Ha ha. Couldn't you just die sometimes? I was picking my 5 yr old us the other day and her

teacher said to me, (she was smiling), "Robin,,,,,I sure hope you let Sam come to school tomorrow". I just said that of course she'd be there....while I was looking at her teacher like,,,what in the world? She said that Sam told her that she might not be able to make it to school the next day cause she might have to do dishes. Ha ha. I wish. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Hee,hee i love hearing all the cute little stories. SherryToni <kbtoni@...> wrote: cute! ( ) Re: Chuckle for the day As long as we're sharing, I have to add mine from today. It seems like there's a new story every week. In fact, I keep track of these funny stories on my computer's calendar. I just quickly jot it down on the day because someday, I can write a book! Anyway, our 5 year old AS son was playing around with his Dad today

when he just excitedly stopped and said, "Hey, look at my arm. I'm starting to get my Daddy hair." We looked at each other and started laughing. He held his arm up to his dad's and said, "Look. Pretty soon I'll have all my Daddy hair, just like you." So, Daddy decided to play with him a bit and asked, "Do you have hair here (pointing to his upper lip) like me yet?" went to look in the mirror and came out saying, "Yup. I'm even getting my mouth Daddy hair." He's been walking around all evening rubbing his 'mouth Daddy hair'. How funny!Noel>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend

easily!>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

That is so cute. Reminds me of a conversation I had with my almost 11

(birthday tomorrow) year old recently.

" Mom, does dad have any guns? "

" No "

" What happens if a bear attacks? "

" I think it's better to just stay away from bears so they won't attack. "

" But what if a bear attacks me? "

" Well, the most likely reason a bear would attack would be if it was a

mama bear protecting it's cubs. If you shoot the mama the babies will

die. "

" Mom, what to bear testicles look like? "

So I guess he's trying to make absolutely sure he's not shooting a mama

bear.

I told him, " I guess just like yours only bigger and hairy " . It took

me a little while to figure out exactly why he was asking. It was a

brilliant question, I thought. Just an unexpected solution to the

problem.

Miriam

>

> <intimate language alert>

>

> When was 4, two of his Montessori aides were visibly

pregnant.

> When he was walking around with his tummy sticking out, his teacher

> asked him, " , do you have a baby in your tummy? " He looked at

> her with great scorn and said, " No,silly, I don't have a vagina! "

Just

> don't ask...

>

> Liz

>

Guest guest

LOL that's funny i love these stories. SherryMiriam <mimbanash@...> wrote: That is so cute. Reminds me of a conversation I had with my almost 11 (birthday tomorrow) year old recently."Mom, does dad have any guns?""No""What happens if a bear attacks?""I think it's better to just stay away from bears so they won't attack.""But what if a bear attacks me?""Well, the most likely reason a bear would attack would be if it was a mama bear protecting it's cubs. If you shoot the mama the babies will die.""Mom,

what to bear testicles look like?"So I guess he's trying to make absolutely sure he's not shooting a mama bear.I told him, "I guess just like yours only bigger and hairy". It took me a little while to figure out exactly why he was asking. It was a brilliant question, I thought. Just an unexpected solution to the problem.Miriam>> <intimate language alert>> > When was 4, two of his Montessori aides were visibly pregnant. > When he was walking around with his tummy sticking out, his teacher > asked him, ", do you have a baby in your tummy?" He looked at > her with great scorn and said, "No,silly, I don't have a vagina!" Just > don't ask...> > Liz>

Guest guest

SO TRUE! SHERRY MacAllister <smacalli@...> wrote: Those are good! We have a bunch of comedians on our hands and they don't even always know it! ( ) Re: Chuckle for the day I just love the way these kids think. There's always a new way of looking at something and they seem to find the newest and most unusual. Your story reminds me of a time when we had a problem with the word pop. My son was about 4 years old. Now you have to remember that he was also extremely obsessive about

balloons. He loved latex balloons intensely and was always very distressed if one popped, always afraid they'd pop. Anyway, one day we went out somewhere and when we arrived my husband, intending to mean he'd open the trunk said, "I'll pop the trunk." screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" . I assumed he was picturing the trunk of the car popping like a balloon. Poor kid.Miriam>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Your children are Reece and Ryder? I just think those are the cutest names!! I love 'em. Unique, too. Have a great weekend....

and the story is adorable, too.....these are the positive moments I was refering to a moment ago---they are funny, and we have to laugh.....my kids do this all day long, every day, so I get plenty of laughs in, and they are learning to laugh at themselves, too.

Ruthie

From: madideas@...Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:40:37 -0500Subject: Re: ( ) Re: Chuckle for the day

Cute!

Yesterday we stopped over at the school for my ds's valentine party. I had my 11 yo (hfa) with me. As the kids were playing the games, my ds cheered for his brother to win. The teacher said to him, "Wow, you're Ryder's fan club!" and Reece seriously looked at her and said, "No, I'm Ryder's brother." lol.

RoxannaAutism Happens

( ) Re: Chuckle for the day

As long as we're sharing, I have to add mine from today. It seems like there's a new story every week. In fact, I keep track of these funny stories on my computer's calendar. I just quickly jot it down on the day because someday, I can write a book! Anyway, our 5 year old AS son was playing around with his Dad today when he just excitedly stopped and said, "Hey, look at my arm. I'm starting to get my Daddy hair." We looked at each other and started laughing. He held his arm up to his dad's and said, "Look. Pretty soon I'll have all my Daddy hair, just like you." So, Daddy decided to play with him a bit and asked, "Do you have hair here (pointing to his upper lip) like me yet?" went to look in the mirror and came out saying, "Yup. I'm even getting my mouth Daddy hair." He's been walking around all evening rubbing his 'mouth Daddy hair'. How funny!Noel>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!>

Guest guest

----I got teared up all over the place over that.....wow, what a great story, dear.....

My 14 year old had to live in treatment (didn't know it was aspergers at that time), and he MADE my husband buy me fresh flowers every week, as that was something I wanted, and they were from my son (per his orders) so if my husband did not, I did, as he always asked what flowers we had; we usually took pictures and sent them in cards to him / letters, etc., so he would know, and everytime he came home, he would see that we were doing what he had asked; he just wanted that for me, and he still does want me to have them; it is great how their thoughtfulness comes and goes, though; they DO learn it from somewhere (thank GOD for that)....just think, mom, you are training him up to be a great husband one day, and that is what it is all about----or, at least a great MAN (not necessarily a spouse but you know what I mean....)....Peace, and just loved that story! Ruthie

From: lisa_leonard@...Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 03:48:41 -0800Subject: Re: ( ) Re: Chuckle for the day

The compliments we get from our kids is enough to brighten even the worst day. That was really sweet of him.

I just love the way these kids think. There's always a new way of looking at something and they seem to find the newest and most unusual. Your story reminds me of a time when we had a problem with the word pop. My son was about 4 years old. Now you have to remember that he was also extremely obsessive about balloons. He loved latex balloons intensely and was always very distressed if one popped, always afraid they'd pop. Anyway, one day we went out somewhere and when we arrived my husband, intending to mean he'd open the trunk said, "I'll pop the trunk." screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" . I assumed he was picturing the trunk of the car popping like a balloon. Poor kid.Miriam>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!>

Guest guest

Our two sons are perfect examples as to why we have to consider the "why" behind behavior and not let anyone put a negative label on them. We have some sweet, thoughtful, mama-pleasing boys on our hands. And you are right...my son is going to be an EXCELLENT husband one day. Another good story... Although I didn't like it at all, my son asked a girl to be his girlfriend last week. She said no, but they could be friends. Dylan told me he was doing this prior to it happening and I was FLOORED. I didn't tell him "no" because I was so encouraged that he wanted to reach out to someone else like that. I was nervous about him being rejected, but I thought I should loosen the

reins here and see what happened. Well, like I said, she said "no" but he seemed to take it okay. He was a little bummed, but all in all seemed alright. On Valentine's Day, when I picked him up from school, he said didn't get anything from anyone for Valentine's Day. A lot of kids got cards, candy, gifts, etc... but didn't get anything "and I felt so sorry for her." Okay, MEGAN! Should've said "yes", my girl! You could've had a huge flower arrangement, just like me .

Take care...

I just love the way these kids think. There's always a new way of looking at something and they seem to find the newest and most unusual. Your story reminds me of a time when we had a problem with the word pop. My son was about 4 years old. Now you have to remember that he was also extremely obsessive about balloons. He loved latex balloons intensely and was always very distressed if one popped, always afraid they'd pop. Anyway, one day we went out somewhere and when we arrived my husband, intending to mean he'd open the trunk said, "I'll pop the trunk." screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" . I assumed he was picturing the trunk of the car popping like a balloon. Poor kid.Miriam>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!>

Guest guest

I just reread what I wrote and I needed to make an edit...sorry!

Guest guest

Miriam, that is the funniest story I think I've ever heard. What do

bear testicles look like? Classic!

Noel

> >

> > <intimate language alert>

> >

> > When was 4, two of his Montessori aides were visibly

> pregnant.

> > When he was walking around with his tummy sticking out, his

teacher

> > asked him, " , do you have a baby in your tummy? " He looked

at

> > her with great scorn and said, " No,silly, I don't have a vagina! "

> Just

> > don't ask...

> >

> > Liz

> >

>

Guest guest

They are cute!

-- Re: ( ) Re: Chuckle for the day

They are just so literal! Funny!

Liz

On Feb 15, 2008, at 11:40 AM, Roxanna wrote:

Cute!

Yesterday we stopped over at the school for my ds's valentine party. I had my 11 yo (hfa) wi th me. As the kids were playing the games, my ds cheered for his brother to win. The teacher said to him, "Wow, you're Ryder's fan club!" and Reece seriously looked at her and said, "No, I'm Ryder's brother." lol.

RoxannaAutism Happens

Guest guest

That’s ok; years ago I asked my mom what it was like

coming over in a covered wagon! She didn’t appreciate it especially

since she’s only 68!

Tonya

[mailto: ] On

Behalf Of Rose

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:19 AM

Subject: Re: ( ) Chuckle for the day

thats like when my kids are learning something new in a

history or science class and learned about " back then " and then

will ask me, if I had electricity when I was a kid. LOL .

Rose

<lisa_leonard@...> wrote:

I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son

asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked " Old pop is for old

people right? " I'm glad I don't offend easily!

Never miss a thing. Make

your homepage.

Guest guest

The little boy I work with who has severe autism does funny literal things too. One that cracks me up each time is when I use M & M's with him. I can say, "What is that?" and he will say, "M" lol. They are just "M's" to him since there is only one M on each candy you know! lol.

RoxannaAutism Happens

Re: ( ) Re: Chuckle for the day

They are just so literal! Funny!

Liz

On Feb 15, 2008, at 11:40 AM, Roxanna wrote:

Cute!

Yesterday we stopped over at the school for my ds's valentine party. I had my 11 yo (hfa) with me. As the kids were playing the games, my ds cheered for his brother to win. The teacher said to him, "Wow, you're Ryder's fan club!" and Reece seriously looked at her and said, "No, I'm Ryder's brother." lol.

RoxannaAutism Happens

Guest guest

Worse, we also have a "Royce" lol When I have to yell at kids here, it is sometimes more of a comedy just trying to get the right "RrrrRRrrrRRrrr" out. lol.

RoxannaAutism Happens

As long as we're sharing, I have to add mine from today. It seems like there's a new story every week. In fact, I keep track of these funny stories on my computer's calendar. I just quickly jot it down on the day because someday, I can write a book! Anyway, our 5 year old AS son was playing around with his Dad today when he just excitedly stopped and said, "Hey, look at my arm. I'm starting to get my Daddy hair." We looked at each other and started laughing. He held his arm up to his dad's and said, "Look. Pretty soon I'll have all my Daddy hair, just like you." So, Daddy decided to play with him a bit and asked, "Do you have hair here (pointing to his upper lip) like me yet?" went to look in the mirror and came out saying, "Yup. I'm even getting my mouth Daddy hair." He's been walking around all evening rubbing his 'mouth Daddy hair'. How funny!Noel>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!>

Guest guest

that is cute! my kids all have different names, and I still can't say the right one; always 'roll call....' which I said I would never do, like my mom---we do though. Ruthie

From: madideas@...Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:48:51 -0500Subject: Re: ( ) Re: Chuckle for the day

Worse, we also have a "Royce" lol When I have to yell at kids here, it is sometimes more of a comedy just trying to get the right "RrrrRRrrrRRrrr" out. lol.

RoxannaAutism Happens

Guest guest

I love it! That is exactly how my 11 yo would respond. He always says stuff as if talking to a child - like he sometimes can't believe the rest of us are so slow. lol.

RoxannaAutism Happens

Re: ( ) Re: Chuckle for the day

<intimate language alert>

When was 4, two of his Montessori aides were visibly pregnant. When he was walking around with his tummy sticking out, his teacher asked him, ", do you have a baby in your tummy?" He looked at her with great scorn and said, "No,silly, I don't have a vagina!" Just don't ask...

Liz

On Feb 14, 2008, at 9:45 PM, and/or Robin Lemke wrote:

Ha ha.

Couldn't you just die sometimes?

I was picking my 5 yr old us the other day and her teacher said to me, (she was smiling), "Robin,,,,,I sure hope you let Sam come to school tomorrow". I just said that of course she'd be there....while I was looking at her teacher like,,,what in the world? She said that Sam told her that she might not be able to make it to school the next day cause she might have to do dishes.

Ha ha.

I wish.

Guest guest

that is funny Roxanna, SherryRoxanna <madideas@...> wrote: The little boy I work with who has severe autism does funny literal things too. One that cracks me up each time is when I use M & M's with him. I can say, "What is that?" and he will say, "M" lol. They are just "M's" to him since there is only one M on each candy you know! lol. RoxannaAutism Happens Re: ( ) Re: Chuckle for the day They are just so literal! Funny! Liz On Feb 15, 2008, at 11:40 AM, Roxanna wrote: Cute! Yesterday we stopped over at the school for my ds's valentine party. I had my 11 yo (hfa) with me. As the kids were playing the games, my ds cheered for his brother to win. The teacher said to him, "Wow, you're Ryder's fan club!" and Reece seriously looked at her and said, "No, I'm Ryder's brother." lol. RoxannaAutism Happens

Guest guest

HEE HEE I LIKE THAT!Tonya Hettler <txua@...> wrote: That’s ok; years ago I asked my mom what it was like coming over in a covered wagon! She didn’t appreciate it especially since she’s only 68! Tonya From: [mailto: ] On Behalf Of RoseSent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:19 AM Subject: Re: ( ) Chuckle for the day , thats like when my kids are learning something new in a history or science class and learned about "back then" and then will ask me, if I had electricity when I was a kid. LOL . Rose

<lisa_leonardsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily! Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

I'm sure we made our moms feel great! I love thinking about things I said to my parents. :)

Re: ( ) Chuckle for the day

thats like when my kids are learning something new in a history or science class and learned about "back then" and then will ask me, if I had electricity when I was a kid. LOL .

Rose <lisa_leonard@ sbcglobal. net> wrote:

I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!

Guest guest

One the literal note……. Or son’s teacher

emailed me that she had asked him if he wanted to play Chinese checkers.

His response was “I can’t, I don’t know how to speak Chinese.”

Talk about literal!! J

Tonya

Guest guest

My dad is the best at having to go through a list of names before he got to mine. Once he even named a cat we used to have before he got to my name. I said, "Dad, Snickers is a cat. And she's been dead for ten years. You remembered her before you remembered my name?????" lol

RoxannaAutism Happens

Guest guest

Hee hee. I love it!!!!!Tonya Hettler <txua@...> wrote: One the literal note……. Or son’s teacher emailed me that she had asked him if he wanted to play Chinese checkers. His response was “I can’t, I don’t know how to speak Chinese.” Talk about literal!! J Tonya

Guest guest

I do this, too. Sometimes even say the intended name and keep on with other ones. My daughter now,,,,depending on how many names I go through first,,,,says, "Woah,,,,that was a bad one". Nice.Roxanna <madideas@...> wrote: My dad is the best at having to go through a list of names before he got to mine. Once he even named a cat we used to have before he got to my name. I said, "Dad, Snickers is a cat. And she's been dead for ten

years. You remembered her before you remembered my name?????" lol RoxannaAutism Happens ( ) Re: Chuckle for the day As long as we're sharing, I have to add mine from today. It seems like there's a new story every week. In fact, I keep track of these funny stories on my computer's calendar. I just quickly jot it down on the day because someday, I can write a book! Anyway, our 5

year old AS son was playing around with his Dad today when he just excitedly stopped and said, "Hey, look at my arm. I'm starting to get my Daddy hair." We looked at each other and started laughing. He held his arm up to his dad's and said, "Look. Pretty soon I'll have all my Daddy hair, just like you." So, Daddy decided to play with him a bit and asked, "Do you have hair here (pointing to his upper lip) like me yet?" went to look in the mirror and came out saying, "Yup. I'm even getting my mouth Daddy hair." He's been walking around all evening rubbing his 'mouth Daddy hair'. How funny!Noel>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I

don't offend easily!>