unusual. Your story reminds me of a time when we had a problem with

the word pop. My son was about 4 years old. Now you have to

remember that he was also extremely obsessive about balloons. He

loved latex balloons intensely and was always very distressed if one

popped, always afraid they'd pop. Anyway, one day we went out

somewhere and when we arrived my husband, intending to mean he'd open

the trunk said, " I'll pop the trunk. "

screamed " NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO " . I assumed he was picturing the trunk of

the car popping like a balloon. Poor kid.

Miriam

>

> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I

told him it was old pop. He then asked " Old pop is for old people

right? " I'm glad I don't offend easily!

>

Guest guest

Poor kid. I can only imagine what goes through their heads when we say things they misunderstand. They sure can cause some laughs and embarrassments though. My son used to get the words who and what mixed up. One time when we were at the hospital he pointed to a woman and loudly asked "What's that?" I was so embarrassed.

( ) Re: Chuckle for the day

I just love the way these kids think. There's always a new way of looking at something and they seem to find the newest and most unusual. Your story reminds me of a time when we had a problem with the word pop. My son was about 4 years old. Now you have to remember that he was also extremely obsessive about balloons. He loved latex balloons intensely and was always very distressed if one popped, always afraid they'd pop. Anyway, one day we went out somewhere and when we arrived my husband, intending to mean he'd open the trunk said, "I'll pop the trunk." screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" . I assumed he was picturing the trunk of the car popping like a balloon. Poor kid.Miriam>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!>

Guest guest

, thats like when my kids are learning something new in a history or science class and learned about "back then" and then will ask me, if I had electricity when I was a kid. LOL . Rose <lisa_leonard@...> wrote: I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend

easily!

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

We have my

daughters helium balloon from her birthday party in September….with out

any helium left in it….hanging on her wall…..

She named it “Rex”

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008

9:02 AM

Subject: ( ) Re:

Chuckle for the day

I just love the way these kids think. There's always a

new way of

looking at something and they seem to find the newest and most

screamed " NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO " . I assumed he was picturing the trunk

of

Miriam

>

>

Guest guest

That's Awesome! Betty <lisa_leonard@...> wrote: I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily! Take care, Betty

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

I think it's amazing when kids name things like that. I just wish I could figure out how they come up with the ones they choose. :)

I just love the way these kids think. There's always a new way of looking at something and they seem to find the newest and most unusual. Your story reminds me of a time when we had a problem with the word pop. My son was about 4 years old. Now you have to remember that he was also extremely obsessive about balloons. He loved latex balloons intensely and was always very distressed if one popped, always afraid they'd pop. Anyway, one day we went out somewhere and when we arrived my husband, intending to mean he'd open the trunk said, "I'll pop the trunk." screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" . I assumed he was picturing the trunk of the car popping like a balloon. Poor kid.Miriam>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!>

Guest guest

When I was little I asked my Mom if cars had been invented yet when she was a kid. My husbands dad told him about his first car being a used one and my husband asked "They had used cars back then?" My daughter thought we lived in caves when I was young. Sometimes I wish our kids understood sarcasm. :)

Re: ( ) Chuckle for the day

thats like when my kids are learning something new in a history or science class and learned about "back then" and then will ask me, if I had electricity when I was a kid. LOL .

Rose <lisa_leonard@ sbcglobal. net> wrote:

I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!

Guest guest

Kids are great at trying (and succeeding) to gross out their parents aren't they? :)

( ) Chuckle for the day

I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!

Guest guest

LOL kids you gotta love them.BRYAN DOLEZAL <DOLEZAL123@...> wrote: My kids pick them up and drink them ANYWAY, saying (because we are obviously ucking and saying NO to it), and drink it saying 'em good pop... I love OLD pop....they are hilarious. I LOVE IT----OLD PEOPLE!!!! Ruthie From: lisa_leonardsbcglobal (DOT) netDate: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 05:37:26 -0800Subject: ( ) Chuckle for the day I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

, that's wonderful.. a Valentines day you won't forget. I'm proud of Dylan... funny about the pinky panky...they are so innocent.

Guest guest

I love it!!! How wonderful is that? I've got a ridiculous grin on my face, as I'm sure you do. Hee hee.Toni <kbtoni@...> wrote: , that's wonderful.. a Valentines day you won't forget. I'm proud of Dylan... funny about the pinky panky...they are so innocent. ( ) Re: Chuckle for the day I just love the way these kids think. There's always a new way of looking at something and they seem to find the newest and most unusual. Your story reminds me of a time when we had a problem with the word pop. My son was about 4 years old. Now you have to remember that he was also extremely obsessive about balloons. He loved latex balloons intensely and was always very distressed if one popped, always afraid they'd pop. Anyway, one day we went out somewhere and when we arrived my husband, intending to mean he'd open

the trunk said, "I'll pop the trunk." screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" . I assumed he was picturing the trunk of the car popping like a balloon. Poor kid.Miriam>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!>

Guest guest

I have a chuckle for today as well, my son was sitting here on the floor with his sister, myself and his TSS playing Skipbo he says you know what Zachary said to Jerry i said no what he told jerry your brother is an alcholer, Hee hee. not nice but my son heard alcholer instead of alcholic and then had to ask me what that meant. Sherry and/or Robin Lemke <jrisjs@...> wrote: I love it!!! How wonderful is that? I've got a ridiculous grin on my face, as I'm sure you do. Hee hee.Toni

<kbtoniwindstream (DOT) net> wrote: , that's wonderful.. a Valentines day you won't forget. I'm proud of Dylan... funny about the pinky panky...they are so innocent. ( ) Re: Chuckle for the day I just love the way these kids think. There's

always a new way of looking at something and they seem to find the newest and most unusual. Your story reminds me of a time when we had a problem with the word pop. My son was about 4 years old. Now you have to remember that he was also extremely obsessive about balloons. He loved latex balloons intensely and was always very distressed if one popped, always afraid they'd pop. Anyway, one day we went out somewhere and when we arrived my husband, intending to mean he'd open the trunk said, "I'll pop the trunk." screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" . I assumed he was picturing the trunk of the car popping like a balloon. Poor kid.Miriam>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son

asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

As long as we're sharing, I have to add mine from today. It seems

like there's a new story every week. In fact, I keep track of these

funny stories on my computer's calendar. I just quickly jot it down

on the day because someday, I can write a book!

Anyway, our 5 year old AS son was playing around with his Dad today

when he just excitedly stopped and said, " Hey, look at my arm. I'm

starting to get my Daddy hair. " We looked at each other and started

laughing. He held his arm up to his dad's and said, " Look. Pretty

soon I'll have all my Daddy hair, just like you. " So, Daddy decided

to play with him a bit and asked, " Do you have hair here (pointing to

his upper lip) like me yet? " went to look in the mirror and

came out saying, " Yup. I'm even getting my mouth Daddy hair. " He's

been walking around all evening rubbing his 'mouth Daddy hair'.

How funny!

Noel

>

>

Guest guest

Ha ha. Couldn't you just die sometimes? I was picking my 5 yr old us the other day and her teacher said to me, (she was smiling), "Robin,,,,,I sure hope you let Sam come to school tomorrow". I just said that of course she'd be there....while I was looking at her teacher like,,,what in the world? She said that Sam told her that she might not be able to make it to school the next day cause she might have to do dishes. Ha ha. I wish.sherry burford <superchick0770@...> wrote: I

have a chuckle for today as well, my son was sitting here on the floor with his sister, myself and his TSS playing Skipbo he says you know what Zachary said to Jerry i said no what he told jerry your brother is an alcholer, Hee hee. not nice but my son heard alcholer instead of alcholic and then had to ask me what that meant. Sherry and/or Robin Lemke <jrisjs > wrote: I love it!!! How wonderful is that? I've got a ridiculous grin on my face, as I'm sure you do. Hee hee.Toni <kbtoniwindstream (DOT) net> wrote: , that's wonderful.. a Valentines day you won't forget. I'm proud of Dylan... funny about the pinky

panky...they are so innocent. ( ) Re: Chuckle for the day I just love the way these kids think. There's always a new way of looking at something and they seem to find the newest and most unusual. Your story reminds me of a time when we had a problem with the word pop. My son was about 4 years old. Now you have to remember that he was also extremely obsessive about balloons. He loved

latex balloons intensely and was always very distressed if one popped, always afraid they'd pop. Anyway, one day we went out somewhere and when we arrived my husband, intending to mean he'd open the trunk said, "I'll pop the trunk." screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" . I assumed he was picturing the trunk of the car popping like a balloon. Poor kid.Miriam>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Those are good! We have a bunch of comedians on our hands and they don't even always know it!

Guest guest

How adoreable!!! Start that book!!!!Noel <stephon605@...> wrote: As long as we're sharing, I have to add mine from today. It seems like there's a new story every week. In fact, I keep track of these funny stories on my computer's calendar. I just quickly jot it down on the day because someday, I can write a book! Anyway, our 5 year old AS son was playing around with his Dad today when he just excitedly stopped and said, "Hey, look at my arm. I'm starting to get my Daddy hair." We looked at each

other and started laughing. He held his arm up to his dad's and said, "Look. Pretty soon I'll have all my Daddy hair, just like you." So, Daddy decided to play with him a bit and asked, "Do you have hair here (pointing to his upper lip) like me yet?" went to look in the mirror and came out saying, "Yup. I'm even getting my mouth Daddy hair." He's been walking around all evening rubbing his 'mouth Daddy hair'. How funny!Noel>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!>

Guest guest

This reminded me about the first time that

I felt like Tyler

really considered me or my feelings, etc. It was 3 years ago tonight –

I had gotten dressed up to go out to dinner (I mean really dressed up as it was

the first Valentines Day together for my husband and me) and when Tyler saw me

he said, “Wow, you look very nice, Mom!” This was the first

time ever he had noticed what I was wearing – or if I was even wearing

anything. LOL!

[mailto: ] On Behalf Of MacAllister

Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008

8:35 AM

To:

Subject: Re: ( )

Re: Chuckle for the day

On a related note about " chuckles " ... With the

assistance of his Poppy (my dad), my son (Dylan, 11, Aspergers) bought me a

Valentine's Day card which he gave me last night. The front is a red door

that has a " Do Not Disturb " sign hanging on it and pink paw prints

leading up to and underneath it. You open it and it says " Care to

indulge in a little pinky-panky? " and the Pink Panther song is

playing in the background (one of those cards that plays music.) My son

got this for ME! He has no clue what it really

means! He drew pictures of sneaky faces on it for me and then a huge

smiley face with " I'm happy " written next to it on the inside.

They play that song in band, which I think is what sold him on the card.

The words and nuances just flew right past his level of understanding

But he also has been planning for 2 days now for Valentine's Day for

me. I made a comment a few weeks ago that it sure would be nice to have a

boyfriend so I could get flowers on Valentine's Day (I'm a single mom.) I

don't normally make statements like this but my dad had bought roses for my mom

on their anniversary and I just made the side comment in front of my

kids. Well, my sweet, thoughtful boy got my dad to pick him up yesterday

and they went to the store and picked out a huge vase filled with white roses,

tiger lillies (my favorite), and some other pink and purple flowers. I

don't think I've ever received such a large arrangement of flowers in my

life! My dad brought them over this morning...all courtesy of my

Dylan. This level of thoughtfulness and ACTION is so huge for him.

To think about me, my feelings, my needs and keep them in the forefront of

his mind to remember to plan something for a future event is just

AMAZING. Never would've believed 4 years ago that he would ever be able

to pull all of that together. I could tell when he was younger that we

would briefly consider others, but there was too much going on for that to be a

constant. It was like a quick surface realization and then it was gone in

seconds. It was too much to comprehend and then ACT, so trying to connect

with him on any kind of deeper level was very hard. The older he gets

though, the more the longer the realization time lasts. It's not a

fleeting thought anymore. (Hope that all makes sense.)

Had to share b/c I wanted to give hope to the parents of the younger

children on here with Aspergers who are sweet, but just don't seem to

" get " it when it comes to feelings and empathizing with others.

They can learn these social skills. Might just take longer than your

" average " child. But then again, what " average " child

would be so thoughtful to plan such a nice Valentine's Day for their mom?

Yet another example of why our children with Asperger's might not always fit

the " normal " mold but that's okay...their talents and gifts are

equaling amazing, if not oftentimes even more amazing!

He tells me we're also having a special dessert tonight. He was

going to HELP my dad make my favorite dinner for me (not sure what that

would've been!) but since he has soccer practice, we're just going to have some

sweets instead.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!!

I just love the way these kids think. There's always a

new way of

looking at something and they seem to find the newest and most

screamed " NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO " . I assumed he was picturing the trunk of

Miriam

>

>

Guest guest

HOW CUTE NOEL!! HE SOUNDS ADORABLE!!! sHERRY and/or Robin Lemke <jrisjs@...> wrote: How adoreable!!! Start that book!!!!Noel <stephon605 > wrote: As long as we're sharing, I have to add mine from today. It seems like there's a new story every week. In fact, I keep track of these funny stories on my computer's calendar. I just quickly jot it down on the day because someday,

I can write a book! Anyway, our 5 year old AS son was playing around with his Dad today when he just excitedly stopped and said, "Hey, look at my arm. I'm starting to get my Daddy hair." We looked at each other and started laughing. He held his arm up to his dad's and said, "Look. Pretty soon I'll have all my Daddy hair, just like you." So, Daddy decided to play with him a bit and asked, "Do you have hair here (pointing to his upper lip) like me yet?" went to look in the mirror and came out saying, "Yup. I'm even getting my mouth Daddy hair." He's been walking around all evening rubbing his 'mouth Daddy hair'. How funny!Noel>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old

pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

That is so cute. I enjoy starting my days out with a smile. Thanks for sharing that!

Re: ( ) Re: Chuckle for the day

HOW CUTE NOEL!! HE SOUNDS ADORABLE!!! sHERRY and/or Robin Lemke <jrisjs (DOT) com> wrote:

How adoreable!!!

Start that book!!!!Noel <stephon605 (DOT) com> wrote:

As long as we're sharing, I have to add mine from today. It seems like there's a new story every week. In fact, I keep track of these funny stories on my computer's calendar. I just quickly jot it down on the day because someday, I can write a book! Anyway, our 5 year old AS son was playing around with his Dad today when he just excitedly stopped and said, "Hey, look at my arm. I'm starting to get my Daddy hair." We looked at each other and started laughing. He held his arm up to his dad's and said, "Look. Pretty soon I'll have all my Daddy hair, just like you." So, Daddy decided to play with him a bit and asked, "Do you have hair here (pointing to his upper lip) like me yet?" went to look in the mirror and came out saying, "Yup. I'm even getting my mouth Daddy hair." He's been walking around all evening rubbing his 'mouth Daddy hair'. How funny!Noel>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!>

Guest guest

The compliments we get from our kids is enough to brighten even the worst day. That was really sweet of him.

Guest guest

Cute!

Yesterday we stopped over at the school for my ds's valentine party. I had my 11 yo (hfa) with me. As the kids were playing the games, my ds cheered for his brother to win. The teacher said to him, "Wow, you're Ryder's fan club!" and Reece seriously looked at her and said, "No, I'm Ryder's brother." lol.

RoxannaAutism Happens

As long as we're sharing, I have to add mine from today. It seems like there's a new story every week. In fact, I keep track of these funny stories on my computer's calendar. I just quickly jot it down on the day because someday, I can write a book! Anyway, our 5 year old AS son was playing around with his Dad today when he just excitedly stopped and said, "Hey, look at my arm. I'm starting to get my Daddy hair." We looked at each other and started laughing. He held his arm up to his dad's and said, "Look. Pretty soon I'll have all my Daddy hair, just like you." So, Daddy decided to play with him a bit and asked, "Do you have hair here (pointing to his upper lip) like me yet?" went to look in the mirror and came out saying, "Yup. I'm even getting my mouth Daddy hair." He's been walking around all evening rubbing his 'mouth Daddy hair'. How funny!Noel>> I was pouring out some pop from last night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!>

Guest guest

LOL! How cute!

RoxannaAutism Happens

Guest guest

ROFL Roxanna <madideas@...> wrote: Cute! Yesterday we stopped over at the school for my ds's valentine party. I had my 11 yo (hfa) with me. As the kids were playing the games, my ds cheered for his brother to win. The teacher said to him, "Wow, you're Ryder's fan club!" and Reece seriously looked at her and said,

"No, I'm Ryder's brother." lol. RoxannaAutism Happens ( ) Re: Chuckle for the day As long as we're sharing, I have to add mine from today. It seems like there's a new story every week. In fact, I keep track of these funny stories on my

computer's calendar. I just quickly jot it down on the day because someday, I can write a book! Anyway, our 5 year old AS son was playing around with his Dad today when he just excitedly stopped and said, "Hey, look at my arm. I'm starting to get my Daddy hair." We looked at each other and started laughing. He held his arm up to his dad's and said, "Look. Pretty soon I'll have all my Daddy hair, just like you." So, Daddy decided to play with him a bit and asked, "Do you have hair here (pointing to his upper lip) like me yet?" went to look in the mirror and came out saying, "Yup. I'm even getting my mouth Daddy hair." He's been walking around all evening rubbing his 'mouth Daddy hair'. How funny!Noel>> I was pouring out some pop from last

night. When my son asked why I told him it was old pop. He then asked "Old pop is for old people right?" I'm glad I don't offend easily!>

Guest guest

cute!

Guest guest

<intimate language alert>When was 4, two of his Montessori aides were visibly pregnant. When he was walking around with his tummy sticking out, his teacher asked him, ", do you have a baby in your tummy?" He looked at her with great scorn and said, "No,silly, I don't have a vagina!" Just don't ask...LizOn Feb 14, 2008, at 9:45 PM, and/or Robin Lemke wrote:Ha ha.Couldn't you just die sometimes?I was picking my 5 yr old us the other day and her teacher said to me, (she was smiling), "Robin,,,,,I sure hope you let Sam come to school tomorrow". I just said that of course she'd be there....while I was looking at her teacher like,,,what in the world? She said that Sam told her that she might not be able to make it to school the next day cause she might have to do dishes.Ha ha.I wish.