RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Larry King Live

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What an awesome family!!! That is awesome how you and your son are a perfect match!!! Did you share this news (that you posted) with your son? I bet he would feel so proud to know this, and relate it to: How he like numbers, and accounts use numbers too (explain account) & we use numbers in math, than share your family story. I bet he would love to know this. Have you tried working with him with the numbers? there are math sites that have games with numbers. I bet he would like that. there are so many ways to work with numbers..This seems like a strength for your son, and then to find out your a math whiz too. awesome!!! Now this sounds like a good family tradition!! RoseDee DiMemmo <craftychick70@...> wrote: its actually a family tradition...my mother is an accountant, my father was an accountant, my stepfather was an acccountant, one grandfather was a professor at the london college of economics, the other grandfather was an actuary, my aunt had a phd in math. did i mention that we all lack social skills?Rose <beachbodytan2002 > wrote: amazing!!! *smile*Dee DiMemmo <craftychick70 > wrote: i have to laugh because i was an accountant! and a math whiz too!Rose <beachbodytan2002 > wrote: Math wiz and maybe a future accountant, they make good money and well neededDee DiMemmo <craftychick70 > wrote: hugs heidi!! i know how you feel. there are days when i think that saber was diagnosed because he was so different and it was a convenient way to placate his birth parents. he can be so "normal" sometimes, and then you put him next to a "normal" child and you realize just how different he really is. its like a punch in the gut. and when i think about all this kiddo has been thru in 5 years, it breaks my heart. it just compounds his diagnosis with another layer...there are days

when i wish he would just draw a picture of something other than a letter or number. then there are days when i realize that he is a math whiz, so it all balances out i guess. Heidi Guarino <heidi.guarinogmail> wrote: How do you get past that? I think I feel it every day. Whenever he has a good day I'm certain this is all behind us. Then, he'll have a tantrum or insist on talking like Curious , refuse to get dressed, or talk endlessly about the same thing for hours and I'll realize that I'm just kidding myself. We are doin everything in our power to help him -- we've pulled every string we have to get him a tutor on weekends, and to place him in a full-day integrated preschool program focused on social interactions. He's getting speech and occupational therapy twice a week, and I swear somedays it really seems like lights are being

turned on in his head. But then there are other days that make me just want to cry. I think as a parent I've become accustomed to being able to "fix" things. I can put a band-aid on a scraped knee, put batteries in toys when they die, give medicine to my kids when they're sick. I can take them places, buy them things, sing them to sleep, make them giggle when they're sad and calm them down when they're going crazy. But THIS.... I can't fix this and it's really, really hard for me to accept that. You should all know that I'm being more honest on this listserve than I've been with anyone... including my husband. Damn, that's really sad. On 10/26/07, Donna B <donnabzygmail> wrote: Crazy? No way -- we all know our own kids the best, and we have to make individual choices based on that. You'll find that on this list, we often have different approaches but there's respect for that, so even if someone did think you were crazy (which I doubt anyone would lol) who cares. ;) Do what's right for your son, and you know best what that is. And denial is a tough thing. I think everyone goes through a certain phase of it. My husband had it bad, like a lot of dads do. Me, I jumped in with both feet to get help, but I think part of me hoped throughout the last almost 3 years that there was a mistake with his dx -- I know there's something going on there, so I've did the 'well, maybe...' a few times, but that just means that when he's having a bad day, my stomach goes bam, and I think " he really DOES have autism." It's so clear, but as a parent, I think we still have those moments of

sadness/denial about it. Heidi Guarino wrote: the advice came from my son's tutor who said she works with a 12 year old who claims he can't learn to read "becasue he's autistic." Our hope is to have Owen in a good place emotionally and socially by the time he's old enough to notice and never have to make a big deal out of this to him. could be this is part our problem and our unwillingness to accept that this is a "forever" thing. I don't know... all I know is that I don't want my son to ever think there's something wrong with him, or try to use it as an excuse to get out of achieving at his fullest potential. Do folks think I'm crazy? I've only been on this group for a couple of days and I feel like I've learned a lot from all of you... I think I hadn't realized just how much I';vebeen in denial about this and

how much it would help to have someone to talk to. On 10/26/07, and/or Robin Lemke <jrisjs > wrote: Wow....we've never really been told what to do,,,,,but try to look at it kind of like how we deal with telling our adopted daughter that she is adopted. It's been a part of all of our vocabularies since day 1. AS and ADHD and Tourettes and adoption. No one blinks twice when the words come up. It's simply a part of our family. I didn't want any of our kids to one day say, "What? What's that?" and wonder why they weren't told. Who knows. I think it's a very

personal thing. I do think that no matter what your child "has".....it's gonna be a natural thing to try to "use it" at some point. When Ian has brought up AS and has tried to use it,,,,,,we've laughed it off and said, "good try". Robin Heidi Guarino <heidi.guarinogmail> wrote: Donna, We were told the opposite -- to never, ever tell our 4-year-old son that he's been diagnosed with anything. That if we told him, someday down the line he woudl learn that he could use it as a crutch. On 10/26/07, Donna B <donnabzygmail> wrote: A behavioral therapist told us about 2 years ago that we should tell our son he's different, so when others start noticing it and treating him differently, he'd have a reason why, and it wouldn't be as hurtful. Our way? "You're a high-maintenance dude!" We say it with a smile and a laugh, and if he's having a bad day, we joke about how he's being even more high-maintenance. Now, he'll say "That's because I'm high-maintenance!" A couple of times now, if he sees others having a bad day, he'll say "They must be high-maintenance, too." It's helped his understanding of others because he can relate. Not a cure-all, but it's definitely helped! Toni wrote: If your family members are telling you not to come

around.. I wouldn't . They are missing a blessing. They are closed minded, they are pitiful (sorry). I understand your hurt. I hate to see my kids with other kids because that is when it is so obvious they are different. But, you know what, Debbie, it doesn't bother my kids to be different, they are proud.. they don't want to be pedestrian (their words) and boring and mundane.. to them we are the weird ones who ask about somebody's day and don't really care if they answer or not.. it's a nicety... CHIN up girl, I bet it doesn't bother your son (or mine) as nearly as their treatment bothers us.By the way, my boys are 19 and they do get it, they just don't care. They said the kids at school all drank, smoked, did drugs, had sex etc and that they and one other boy were the only virgins and they didn't WANT to be like the rest of the kids. Try to concentrate on HIS positives just for today and you'll feel better... My pdoc told me when I first started talking to him

about the boys... Look at every picture you see of Einstein, his hair is all over his head, he had a 'keeper', his clothes were unkempt, and yet he was brilliant and made a difference. Your boys will find their niche and make a difference too... I understand feeling low... I have felt like I was on a treadmill getting nowhere fast..sat in my room and cried... but it will get better...;) Toni ( ) Re: Larry King Live I don't think I can agree with that statement. I know we all have our quirks and weaknesses, but my child cannot

connect with his peers. How it must be to feel like an outsider amongst your peers I cannot imagine. That is why my heart breaks, that is why I personally would not have another child. I can't take the pain of seeing my son try to connect and get frustrated and anxious and then aggressive because he is hurt and angry that he can't be successful with connecting to other kids. He doesn't even know why he can't connect because he is 7 and he doesn't get it yet. There are no play dates, no friends, even my family members are telling us not to come around. It is so hard. Sorry if I am negative but I guess we all have our highs and lows and I am low right now.Debbie __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Amen to the "pitocin" theory!!!! I got it with all of mine. RobinDee DiMemmo <craftychick70@...> wrote: what about autistic kids who did not receive the vaccine? What about those who were autistic long before vaccinations became common? there probably is a long laundry list of things that can cause autism, just like there is a laundry list of things that cause diabetes or heart disease or any other disease. maybe with the toxin theory there's a kernel of truth to it-kids may be more

sensitive to these toxins and it might cause a reaction. but its just as true to say pitocin causes autism because there is anectodal evidence that a number of autistic children have mothers that were given pitocinRoxanna <madideaszoominternet (DOT) net> wrote: You don't have to prove there isn't, you have to prove there is. But you said it was a common cause of autism and it's not proven that it is even "A" cause of autism, let alone the common cause. Even if people feel like a vaccine caused autism, it doesn't mean it's any more true. I don't think it is widely accepted either. There is just a certain segment of people who do and like to push their theories. I personally get upset that people want to hyper focus on this one thing and not look around at

other possible causes. I think it will slow down the search for answers. It's fine to consider this option, IMO, but not at the expense of any other. RoxannaAutism Happens Re: ( ) Larry King Live I agreed with Dr. Kartzinel -- my thoughts are that these kids do have some broken mechanisms in their body, things that don't work right for one way or another. But, it may be because I see my son have a ton of intestinal issues, rashes, aches, etc., that can't be explained, and many, many children on the spectrum face similar issues. Dr. Kartzinel is an amazing man, very much on our side, so I'd have a hard time feeling bad about the fact he's getting awareness out there. Honestly, personally? I don't get caught up in the semantics. My son has issues, and I don't care if he's referred to as autistic, which is the peeve I have with Holly -Peete; she can feel that way about her son, but to say that it's the wrong vernacular is misrepresentation, imo. I say my son 'is autistic' sometimes, but I don't say he is

"an autistic." My daughter is epileptic, it's true, it's factual, I can't be bothered by that. It's just words. also never says she 'cured' her son. She says she recovered him. You probably heard her bus analogy -- you get hit by a bus, you'll never be cured, you'll always have aches, pains, scars, but you can recover. The thing with the MMR shot is that it's a huge dose of vaccine on a body that is still growing and the mixture can be dangerous to a child who cannot process the viral/toxic loads as bodies are supposed to. (Which explains why not every child gets autism after having vaccines. Most children can process the loads fine, but toxins increase, the number of children who can't process the increased toxins is growing at a scary epidemic rate.)Be careful to just research the FDA and government sites. It makes sense that they aren't going to show the side-effects, unless they are in small print and hard to find. And a 'trace' of

thimerasol can still be WAY more than a tiny body can process per pound. And last -- Thimerasol was 'recommended' to be phased out in 1999, but because it preserves vaccines for years, those vaccines that weren't yet used stayed on the shelf for years later because they weren't yet expired, so while new ones weren't made, those ones with thimerasol still remained.Thimerasol/vaccines aren't the sole reason for autism, they are just one of the most common ones -- pesticides, medications, etc., there's a lot of toxins out there contributing to it all. Hope that helps!Donna wrote: What is everyone's take on the Larry King Live show with McCarthy and Halle Pete? I was pretty frustrated to hear the docter refer to our kids as "Broken Children" and the other comment was from about curing her son of

Autism. Autism is a neurological disorder that is not tecnically "curable" but is treatable. I was also listening to them talk about how the MMR shot, and the immunitizations were the causes of autism. I went to the FDA website and the MMR has NEVER contained Thimersoal. Also all other immunitizations have phased out the thimersoal starting in 1999, and most of them are free of mercury or never had it. I wanted imput from everyone here, because I feel like you will all give me great imput on what you think. Thanks! Chelle __________________________________________________

Guest guest

I don't mind if people want to discuss what they "feel" is the cause of autism but it can't be said as if it's a fact or true when it's not.

RoxannaAutism Happens

Re: ( ) Larry King Live

I agree with it all, I guess.

People "repeating" what they hear or agree with doesn't bother me. I do it....you do it.....we all do it.

If we agree with something and see a similarity or a link.....we tend to go that way.

Doesn't mean we're all gonna see the link or agree.

Since all of the "reasons" are valid,,,,,and we're dealing with the lives our our kids,,,,, it can become a very heated "discussion", though. I see that.

People leaning twd something being more of a cause than something else is a very personal thing and shouldn't be questioned, I don't think. It should be accepted that THAT is the way THEY feel. We should allow it to be "written" without it becoming a back and forth, almost "uncomfortable to read" thread.

Sorry if this offends.........but it's just the way I feel.

Robin <mrathswohldaylemc (DOT) org> wrote:

Hi Roxanna,Thank you for your imput here. I get so frustrated when I hear people just repeat what they hear. My sister-in-law refered to the MMR as the autism shot and said that she is not going to let her son get it. I personally feel that there are many factors that contribute to our kids developing autism. My son had the shots, the protection they give our kids (in my opinion) far outweighed the risks. Also I have a hard time beliving that the shots could have caused the multiple instances of Autism that are in my family. I think there is a genetic factor to be considered. My Grandfather, my 2 uncles, and 3 of my cousins (all male) as well as my son all have AS. There MUST be a genetic link there. That many men having AS can not possibly be a fluke. I know that I am going to give my daughter the shots. I know that I have concerns about the viral load and at our next appointment we will be discussing spreading out her shots more, but I don't ever want to have to see my baby suffer Whooping cough or the measles, rotovirus...the kinds of things that we get shots for as kids. I got all the shots that babies get, plus a ton more at 9 months of age because we moved to the Middle East. I didn't "get" autism from all those shots. I think our kids are wired differently, and that is exactly what I tell my son. We have struggles with behavior, and attitude, and I know a large part of his issues are because he doesn't get social rules, but he is who he is. I wouldn't change him for anything in the world. I really like, love and adore this unique, quirky little man that God gave me. I know that having a child with autism is hard, stressful and emotionally tiring, but when that angel looks up and smiles, it is worth it. Thanks again for the imput! I love all the support that is felt here. >> I'm not sure where your beef is then. People do have choices and are choosing to do their own thing. It's not been taken away from them. So all is good there. > > You said, "So no, I don't have to prove there is a cause if there is a suspicion -- I'm not a researcher, I'm a parent who knows her child and has talked to a ton of others and has researched a lot on a "mom" level." You can have your opinions but you can't say they are facts. That's all I care about here. If you don't feel the need to prove something is true before you decide it's true, that may be something that works for you personally. Not for me, though. I will demand more before I agree something is a fact. Think about it like this - they used to believe that people were witches and burn them at the stake for it. They didn't need fact or proof, they just felt it was true or had suspicions it was true. I mean you can make an example out of anything to make a point. > > Also, I did not say research should focus solely on genetics either. But nothing you've listed so far is a fact as to the cause of autism. > > Roxanna

Guest guest

I'll echo the " pitocin " . I had it with my son also. His physciatrist

said that pitocin contributes to tramatic birth and that it changes

the way the uterus contracts. In " normal " labor, that uterus

contracts in waves. In a " pitocin " induced labor they uterus

contracts all at once. Imagine a vice being put around your entire

body for a few seconds or longer. Talk about toture. I can't

imagine.....

Me

> what about autistic kids who did not receive the

vaccine? What about those who were autistic long before vaccinations

became common?

> there probably is a long laundry list of things that can cause

autism, just like there is a laundry list of things that cause

diabetes or heart disease or any other disease. maybe with the toxin

theory there's a kernel of truth to it-kids may be more sensitive to

these toxins and it might cause a reaction. but its just as true to

say pitocin causes autism because there is anectodal evidence that a

number of autistic children have mothers that were given pitocin

>

>

Guest guest

both of my 2 boys were pitocin babies. My 7 yr old for about 4 hours

longer than my almost 5 yr old. basically 7 yr old was for about 6.5

hrs, and the 5 yr old was for about 2.5 hrs. No comments about the

length please, older broke my pelvis and no drugs ever worked while i

was having him. lol. anyway, ony my older is aspie, now younger has

some aspie-ish traits, but not even enough to get pdd-nos dx. and he is

very very mild with them in comparison to my older.

zaztooe wrote:

>

> I'll echo the " pitocin " . I had it with my son also. His physciatrist

> said that pitocin contributes to tramatic birth and that it changes

> the way the uterus contracts. In " normal " labor, that uterus

> contracts in waves. In a " pitocin " induced labor they uterus

> contracts all at once. Imagine a vice being put around your entire

> body for a few seconds or longer. Talk about toture. I can't

> imagine.....

>

> Me

>

>

> > what about autistic kids who did not receive the

> vaccine? What about those who were autistic long before vaccinations

> became common?

> > there probably is a long laundry list of things that can cause

> autism, just like there is a laundry list of things that cause

> diabetes or heart disease or any other disease. maybe with the toxin

> theory there's a kernel of truth to it-kids may be more sensitive to

> these toxins and it might cause a reaction. but its just as true to

> say pitocin causes autism because there is anectodal evidence that a

> number of autistic children have mothers that were given pitocin

> >

> >

>

>

Guest guest

Wow! I didn't know that!

was due on 11/5. That day came and went. Then the doctors told me that they must have made a mistake; according to the first sonogram, she should be due on 11/15. That day came and went. She was finally born on 11/1, almost a month after her original due date.

Deb

In a message dated 10/27/2007 11:49:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, melindaj@... writes:

I'll echo the "pitocin". I had it with my son also. His physciatrist said that pitocin contributes to tramatic birth and that it changes the way the uterus contracts. In "normal" labor, that uterus contracts in waves. In a "pitocin" induced labor they uterus contracts all at once. Imagine a vice being put around your entire body for a few seconds or longer. Talk about toture. I can't imagine.....Me> what about autistic kids who did not receive the vaccine? What about those who were autistic long before vaccinations became common? > there probably is a long laundry list of things that can cause autism, just like there is a laundry list of things that cause diabetes or heart disease or any other disease. maybe with the toxin theory there's a kernel of truth to it-kids may be more sensitive to these toxins and it might cause a reaction. but its just as true to say pitocin causes autism because there is anectodal evidence that a number of autistic children have mothers that were given pitocin> >

Debbie SalernoMaine Coon RescueBoard MemberDNA ManagerEastern Regional DirectorVice Presidentwww.mainecoonrescue.netSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Guest guest

Hi, Heidi

I think what you're feeling is normal -- I think we just slowly get

used to 'this is how it is,' and what we do to help him is what gets us

past it. For each of us, that's different, because our kids are

different, but you have to remember that you ARE helping him, you ARE

doing what he needs, and you should feel good about that. I still have

days where I want to cry over something he's done, something I think he

should be doing, how different he can be, etc. Yesterday, he had his

first birthday party invitation in a good long while. (Wayyy too long,

people are awful and judgmental so they don't invite him. Their kids

don't necessarily 'get' him, so mom/dad doesn't make them do the right

thing and invite him, so he's the lone person in a group not invited

somewhere.) Anyway, at the party, I could see he was having

difficulties. I could have sworn one parent asked him to stop saying

his son's name wrong, and I could see my son's face change. He wouldn't

tell me he said anything, but I saw him. Big bully, I really wish

parents would learn to stop parenting others' kids, particularly when

the parents are right there. Not long after, they played a game, ds had

a really hard time, he didn't tantrum or get mad (yay! milestone

there!) but he did ask if we could go home. This was before the party

even got into full swing. I want him to be 'normal' and like birthday

parties, games, prizes, but if he's happy, I need to learn to be

content with that, so we came home. Hard thing for me as a mom, this is

my 4th child so I can more easily see his differences from the other

three.

We can't always 'fix' things, though it's our instinct, but we can help

and it sounds like you are doing all the right things! Don't beat

yourself up -- it does get easier in some regards, and you become more

'empowered,' if that makes sense?

Donna

Heidi Guarino wrote:

How do you get past that? I think I feel it every day. Whenever

he has a good day I'm certain this is all behind us. Then, he'll have a

tantrum or insist on talking like Curious , refuse to get

dressed, or talk endlessly about the same thing for hours and I'll

realize that I'm just kidding myself. We are doin everything in our

power to help him -- we've pulled every string we have to get him a

tutor on weekends, and to place him in a full-day integrated preschool

program focused on social interactions. He's getting speech and

occupational therapy twice a week, and I swear somedays it really seems

like lights are being turned on in his head. But then there are other

days that make me just want to cry.

I think as a parent I've become accustomed to being able to

"fix" things. I can put a band-aid on a scraped knee, put batteries in

toys when they die, give medicine to my kids when they're sick. I can

take them places, buy them things, sing them to sleep, make them giggle

when they're sad and calm them down when they're going crazy. But

THIS.... I can't fix this and it's really, really hard for me to accept

that.

You should all know that I'm being more honest on this listserve

than I've been with anyone... including my husband. Damn, that's really

sad.

On 10/26/07, Donna B <donnabzygmail> wrote:

Crazy? No way -- we all know our own kids the best, and we have

to make individual choices based on that. You'll find that on this

list, we often have different approaches but there's respect for that,

so even if someone did think you were crazy (which I doubt anyone would

lol) who cares. ;) Do what's right for your son, and you know best

what that is.

And denial is a tough thing. I think everyone goes through a certain

phase of it. My husband had it bad, like a lot of dads do. Me, I jumped

in with both feet to get help, but I think part of me hoped throughout

the last almost 3 years that there was a mistake with his dx -- I know

there's something going on there, so I've did the 'well, maybe...' a

few times, but that just means that when he's having a bad day, my

stomach goes bam, and I think " he really DOES have autism." It's so

clear, but as a parent, I think we still have those moments of

sadness/denial about it.

Heidi Guarino wrote:

the advice came from my son's tutor who said she works with

a 12 year old who claims he can't learn to read "becasue he's

autistic." Our hope is to have Owen in a good place emotionally and

socially by the time he's old enough to notice and never have to make a

big deal out of this to him.

could be this is part our problem and our unwillingness to

accept that this is a "forever" thing. I don't know... all I know is

that I don't want my son to ever think there's something wrong with

him, or try to use it as an excuse to get out of achieving at his

fullest potential.

Do folks think I'm crazy? I've only been on this group

for a couple of days and I feel like I've learned a lot from all of

you... I think I hadn't realized just how much I';vebeen in denial

about this and how much it would help to have someone to talk to.

On 10/26/07, and/or Robin Lemke <jrisjs

> wrote:

Wow....we've never really been told what to do,,,,,but try

to look at it kind of like how we deal with telling our adopted

daughter that she is adopted.

It's been a part of all of our vocabularies since day 1.

AS and ADHD and Tourettes and adoption.

No one blinks twice when the words come up. It's simply a

part of our family.

I didn't want any of our kids to one day say, "What?

What's that?" and wonder why they weren't told.

Who knows.

I think it's a very personal thing.

I do think that no matter what your child "has".....it's

gonna be a natural thing to try to "use it" at some point.

When Ian has brought up AS and has tried to use

it,,,,,,we've laughed it off and said, "good try".

Robin

Heidi Guarino <heidi.guarinogmail>

wrote:

Donna,

We were told the opposite -- to never, ever tell our

4-year-old son that he's been diagnosed with anything. That if we told

him, someday down the line he woudl learn that he could use it as a

crutch.

On 10/26/07, Donna B <donnabzygmail>

wrote:

A behavioral therapist told us about 2 years ago that

we should tell our son he's different, so when others start noticing it

and treating him differently, he'd have a reason why, and it wouldn't

be as hurtful.

Our way? "You're a high-maintenance dude!" We say it with a smile and a

laugh, and if he's having a bad day, we joke about how he's being even

more high-maintenance. Now, he'll say "That's because I'm

high-maintenance!" A couple of times now, if he sees others having a

bad day, he'll say "They must be high-maintenance, too." It's helped

his understanding of others because he can relate.

Not a cure-all, but it's definitely helped!

Toni wrote:

If your

family members are telling you not to come around.. I wouldn't . They

are missing a blessing. They are closed minded, they are pitiful

(sorry). I understand your hurt. I hate to see my kids with other kids

because that is when it is so obvious they are different. But, you

know what, Debbie, it doesn't bother my kids to be different, they are

proud.. they don't want to be pedestrian (their words) and boring and

mundane.. to them we are the weird ones who ask about somebody's day

and don't really care if they answer or not.. it's a nicety... CHIN up

girl, I bet it doesn't bother your son (or mine) as nearly as their

treatment bothers us.By the way, my boys are 19 and they do get it,

they just don't care. They said the kids at school all drank, smoked,

did drugs, had sex etc and that they and one other boy were the only

virgins and they didn't WANT to be like the rest of the kids. Try to

concentrate on HIS positives just for today and you'll feel better...

My pdoc told me when I first started talking to him about the boys...

Look at every picture you see of Einstein, his hair is all over his

head, he had a 'keeper', his clothes were unkempt, and yet he was

brilliant and made a difference. Your boys will find their niche and

make a difference too... I understand feeling low... I have felt like I

was on a treadmill getting nowhere fast..sat in my room and cried...

but it will get better...;) Toni

-----

Original Message -----

debramelamed

To:

Sent:

Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:38 PM

Subject:

( ) Re: Larry King Live

I don't think I can agree with that statement. I

know we all have our

quirks and weaknesses, but my child cannot connect with his peers. How

it must be to feel like an outsider amongst your peers I cannot

imagine. That is why my heart breaks, that is why I personally would

not have another child. I can't take the pain of seeing my son try to

connect and get frustrated and anxious and then aggressive because he

is hurt and angry that he can't be successful with connecting to other

kids. He doesn't even know why he can't connect because he is 7 and he

doesn't get it yet. There are no play dates, no friends, even my

family members are telling us not to come around. It is so hard.

Sorry if I am negative but I guess we all have our highs and lows and I

am low right now.

Debbie

Guest guest

Wait, just to be sure you understand me -- I DO believe in ABA. I'm

just saying that the medical establishment in general pushes ABA but

nothing is considered "proven" in the eyes of those insurance companies

being asked to pay for it. We use ABA...and biomedical...but we're not

in ABA right now, so I know where the change is coming from. However,

ABA starts again in a few weeks (YAY -- the waiting list was forever

long for this program) so I know we'll see more positive change too.

(You'd think insurance companies would be more willing, given that the

cost to care for kids as adults costs so much more.)

I really don't want to give the wrong impression -- I really was saying

that I caved, because I worried about the vaccines and got them anyway.

Was my worry rational? Who knows, but in my mind, I gave in when I

shouldn't have. Not everyone has those worries, so I couldn't say they

caved, if that makes it more clear?

Eh, I'm not sure I misrepresent that autism is caused by vaccines -- a

very growing belief is that it is caused by toxins in genetically

predisposed children. Thimerasol's a toxin... It's my opinion, just

like an opinion to the contrary. I'm just glad for the freedom to be

able to state that, and if it helps even a single parent realize that

THEY are in charge of their child, that they should research on their

own and ask around, just be sure for their own needs, I'm glad.

Touche on Columbus -- but some kids with chelation and other biomedical

treatments no longer have an autism diagnosis. That would make for an

awful lot of doctors who were wrong, and parents who went along with

it. I've seen some of them before/after. No doubt before, and no doubt

now. Amazing differences. It won't work for everyone, but for those it

does, how awesome -- I just don't want that negated or that option

removed, because I didn't think it would help my child, but the fact

remains, it very much is.

Roxanna, I enjoy talking with you...I hope you know I'm never directing

my feelings at you?

Donna

Roxanna wrote:

It is called proven

by people who use it. You just need to hang out with a different

crowd. As to why it's not covered - why isn't "autism" in general

covered by insurance, because it isn't a real disability? No. Because

they don't have to and it saves them money not to. The longer

insurance and schools do not admit coverage and services for ABA, the

longer they save money. And as we know, money rules the world. My

state is just now working on autism parity in insurance. We'll see if

it happens. They used to turn down coverage on my ds for strep throat

just because he is also autistic. So I don't think of "insurance" as

the guiding light of what is real in the world.

I know you didn't say

that "I" personally caved, but you are giving the impression that

people who allow their children to get immunizations are being bullied

into it or caving. I think I said that if people feel bullied by their

pediatrician, then they definitely should get another doctor. There is

no reason for people to put up with that.

But in connection

with other comments that there is a known cause for autism when there

isn't, I think it gives the impression that this is a fact when it's

not. People can have different opinions but not different facts. I

know some people want to believe in the vaccine connection and I don't

care if they do. I just can't have people saying things are fact when

they are not fact. And really, I also think that people who don't buy

into this theory should speak up more because too often, only your

version of this gets publicized. I don't think there is any worry that

your theory won't get told.

I don't think the

"Columbus" comparison would even fit here. Columbus set sail and

landed.

Roxanna

Autism Happens

-----

Original Message -----

Donna B

To:

Sent:

Friday, October 26, 2007 2:39 PM

Subject:

Re: ( ) Re: Larry King Live

Just to clarify -- I didn't say you caved -- I said "I caved,"

specifically because I gave my kid a vaccine that a doctor made me feel

bad for doing something I didn't think was right.

I know we're not all going to agree on this, and that's okay. (People

didn't agree with Columbus when he said the world was round, so I can

deal LOL) I just expect everyone to understand that it is okay to have

other thoughts on it, to look in other directions, and try new things.

Even the medical establishment wouldn't be anywhere today if new things

weren't tried.

I've always wondered, if ABA is proven, why isn't it covered by

insurance? I totally believe in its necessity, but even it's not called

'proven.'

Roxanna wrote:

I don't think

coming up with new vaccines removes our rights as parents. I think we

owe a lot to vaccines in helping cure/solve a lot of illnesses. I also don't think I have caved

because I have had my kids given their immunizations. If a doctor makes

anyone feel that way, maybe they should get a different doc. I know I

would!

Roxanna

Autism Happens

-----

Original Message -----

Donna B

To:

Sent:

Thursday, October 25, 2007 3:17 PM

Subject:

Texas tried to make it mandatory, but it was changed -- not

enough research and it was taking the choice out of the parents' hands.

Every vaccine, new or not, removes a bit more of our rights -- the

medical establishment is not perfect. (Think thalidomide.) I don't

want my children ever being someone's guinea pigs or hurt because I

caved when a doctor made me feel bad for doing what I think is right.

They are my kids, so stand back lol

Rose wrote:

Deb,

<<<the new one for young girls>>>. are

you speaking of the vaccine that's new, that's suppose to prevent

ovarian cancer? I heard on the news that some states made it mandatory

for girls to have this, and some schools are giving them out "in

school". I don't know which states.

debmetsfanaol wrote:

's pediatrician wants to give her the meningitis

vaccine and the new one for young girls. Should I be concerned at

all?

Deb

In a message dated 10/24/2007 10:34:49 P.M. Eastern

Daylight Time, mrathswohldaylemc (DOT) org writes:

I guess part of my problem with Dr. Kartzinel is

just that I don't

really see my son as broken, but different. I did listen to the clip

again and she did say recovered, so I have to back away from that

issue there. My only reason for saying anything about the MMR is that

I keep hearing people blame the mercury in the MMR for their kids

being autistic, and the MMR does not contain any. I do think that we

need to have research on the issue of the viral load and overloading

our kids immune systems. That just seems to be a far more likely

cause, and if that is the cause I belive that we need to spread out

the immunitizations better so they are not getting so much at one.

Thanks for the feedback.

>

> I agreed with Dr. Kartzinel -- my thoughts are that these kids do

have

> some broken mechanisms in their body, things that don't work right

for

> one way or another. But, it may be because I see my son have a ton

of

> intestinal issues, rashes, aches, etc., that can't be explained,

and

> many, many children on the spectrum face similar issues. Dr.

Kartzinel

> is an amazing man, very much on our side, so I'd have a hard time

> feeling bad about the fact he's getting awareness out there.

Honestly,

> personally? I don't get caught up in the semantics. My son has

issues,

> and I don't care if he's referred to as autistic, which is the

peeve I

> have with Holly -Peete; she can feel that way about her

son, but

> to say that it's the wrong vernacular is misrepresentation, imo. I

say

> my son 'is autistic' sometimes, but I don't say he is "an

autistic." My

> daughter is epileptic, it's true, it's factual, I can't be

bothered

by

> that. It's just words.

>

> also never says she 'cured' her son. She says she recovered

him.

> You probably heard her bus analogy -- you get hit by a bus, you'll

never

> be cured, you'll always have aches, pains, scars, but you can

recover.

>

> The thing with the MMR shot is that it's a huge dose of vaccine on

a

> body that is still growing and the mixture can be dangerous to a

child

> who cannot process the viral/toxic loads as bodies are supposed

to.

> (Which explains why not every child gets autism after having

vaccines.

> Most children can process the loads fine, but toxins increase, the

> number of children who can't process the increased toxins is

growing at

> a scary epidemic rate.)

>

> Be careful to just research the FDA and government sites. It makes

sense

> that they aren't going to show the side-effects, unless they are

in

> small print and hard to find. And a 'trace' of thimerasol can

still

be

> WAY more than a tiny body can process per pound.

>

> And last -- Thimerasol was 'recommended' to be phased out in 1999,

but

> because it preserves vaccines for years, those vaccines that

weren't yet

> used stayed on the shelf for years later because they weren't yet

> expired, so while new ones weren't made, those ones with

thimerasol

> still remained.

>

> Thimerasol/vaccines aren't the sole reason for autism, they are

just one

> of the most common ones -- pesticides, medications, etc., there's

a

lot

> of toxins out there contributing to it all.

>

> Hope that helps!

> Donna

>

Debbie Salerno

Maine Coon Rescue

Board Member

DNA Manager

Eastern Regional Director

Vice President

www.mainecoonrescue.net

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Guest guest

ACK...no one said cure!

And, it doesn't work for everyone. It's a help for a lot of kids, a way

to improve, but not a cure, and it doesn't work for all.

I'm sorry you're feeling stalked -- no one should do that to anyone.

Sounds like some of the pages you're looking at are by doctors in it

for the money, when that's not the majority. (And honestly, I get tired

of people telling me their vitamin is better, by this cookie,

whatever...but that's life, I get more viagra ads in my inbox daily

than anything else lol)

For what it's worth, I don't pay a DAN doctor. I don't buy from

expensive retailers. I don't use expensive programs. I use books, the

internet, and so forth. No expensive outlay of cash here at all. I'd

buy my kid vitamins anyway, you know? My son's OT appts cost more, and

that's even after the insurance coverage.

And amen to that -- use your own judgment, something I've said all

along.

RUTHIE BRYAN DOLEZAL wrote:

If this is about a cure, etc., then why are those promoting DAN

and DAN conferences, etc., needing DAN or this support group (for

example)? 'Cuz, if it works so well, then why aren't the autistic

children all better or cured, and our website (or need for it) ended?

Just my honest thought here......

That being said:

One of my concerns is that, when I, personally, along with my husband,

have PERSONALLY been stalked and / or harassed and chased by these

'hell bent roar' die hard believers of all that stuff to do the diets

and DAN and all this stuff, I am sent to all these websites, and

doctors pages, and I looked at them, very open-minded for a moment;

that moment was killed nearly INSTANTLY, as, in my opinion, my husband

and I are both very well educated college grads, etc., and most of the

pages are very scant and / or just appear to be 'scams' or 'scam like'

material, and not very legitimate. THEY LOOK FAKE and LIKE SCAMS TO

US!! Seems to us more like MONEY MAKING EFFORTS THAN GENUINE---and,

that is where I will leave it, as I am NOT sure I want to get involved

in the 'heated debate' here; I think ROXANNA rocks (as everyone knows)

but that is just our intellectual and GUT opinions and reactions. I

have learned to follow my GUT every time, it is almost always right on;

the times I went against my first opinion, I regretted it.

USE YOUR OWN JUDGMENTS----just wanted to share what we feel

and see when we are pushed to that stuff......

Ruthie Dolezal

-----

Original Message -----

Roxanna

To:

Sent:

Friday, October 26, 2007 6:50 PM

Subject:

I'm not sure where

your beef is then. People do have choices and are choosing to do their

own thing. It's not been taken away from them. So all is good there.

You said, "So no, I don't have to prove

there is a cause if there is a suspicion -- I'm not a researcher, I'm a

parent who knows her child and has talked to a ton of others and has

researched a lot on a "mom" level." You can have your opinions

but you can't say they are facts. That's all I care about here. If

you don't feel the need to prove something is true before you decide

it's true, that may be something that works for you personally. Not

for me, though. I will demand more before I agree something is a

fact. Think about it like this - they used to believe that people were

witches and burn them at the stake for it. They didn't need fact or

proof, they just felt it was true or had suspicions it was true. I

mean you can make an example out of anything to make a point.

Also, I did not say

research should focus solely on genetics either. But nothing you've

listed so far is a fact as to the cause of autism.

Roxanna

Autism Happens

-----

Original Message -----

Donna B

To:

Sent:

Friday, October 26, 2007 4:13 PM

Subject:

Have you ever been to a DAN conference? The stats they share

there are enlightening. The lists and lists of doctors, researchers

alone is staggering. A certain segment believes vaccinations have

nothing to do with autism, so being a 'certain segment' doesn't lessen

their input or concerns. The 'vaccines are fine' population certainly

pushes their theories.

Many, many doctors and researchers not a part of the DAN population

specifically are now saying that autism is a whole body disorder, with

genetic factors, and something that the child is exposed to causes it

to 'bloom,' for lack of a better word, into autism. For some kids, it's

thimerasol. For others, medication mom had to take to stay pregnant. (I

honestly believe it contributed to my son.) For others, it's an illness

that was treated with something that their body couldn't handle. In

short though, it is becoming widely spread that children with autism

have issues because their bodies can't process something to which they

were exposed. What? They haven't quite figured out the magic thing, but

maybe someday. Until then, it makes sense, imo, to lessen the exposure

to things not thoroughly proven to be safe..or not related to a toxin

that the FDA recommends people watch carefully.

It's a fact that thimerasol is a toxin. That's all I need to know to

make it suspect to inject into a child or anyone else. So no, I don't

have to prove there is a cause if there is a suspicion -- I'm not a

researcher, I'm a parent who knows her child and has talked to a ton of

others and has researched a lot on a "mom" level. If people kept

smoking until they proved it was cigarettes that caused lung cancer,

look where the rates would be. It was presumed long before proven, and

it started out with a small group of people who believed it, much like

many other diseases.

I'm not saying all autism is caused by vaccines, MMR, or thimerasol.

I'm saying it contributes and in some cases is the cause. I'm not going

to be in favor of giving a baby 36 shots before they are 2.5 years

old....I'd much rather give 50 and have them spread out so the child's

body can recoup in between.

Until they can prove it isn't, because so far they can't prove squat

about what causes it, I'm not going to be in favor of injecting a toxin

into anyone. They've proven nothing unequivocally. I think they need to

leave the field wide open -- continue to consider thimerasol,

medications taken during pregnancy, other vaccinations, poisons in

cleaning products, you name it...but to focus solely on genetics when

thousands of people have seen improvements with other methods, it makes

no sense. If it doesn't work for someone, great, but it shouldn't

remove the right for someone else to have their choice for their own

child. And that's my biggest beef, I guess?

I will be the first to admit that there is a faction of people out

there who are overzealous, to the point of namecalling and nastiness

towards those that vaccinate. It's awful -- I think as a community of

parents of children with autism, sticking together is much more

productive. We don't need to all agree but we shouldn't be divisive.

Just because I feel one way doesn't mean someone else should, though I

think the sharing of opinions and feelings is what leads us all to

learn. Overzealousness lies on both sides of the fence and should be

done away with. I'd much rather have a friendly talk about something,

however contentious the topic, than argue.

Roxanna wrote:

You don't have

to prove there isn't, you have to prove there is. But you said it was

a common cause of autism and it's not proven that it is even "A" cause

of autism, let alone the common cause. Even if people feel like a

vaccine caused autism, it doesn't mean it's any more true. I don't

think it is widely accepted either. There is just a certain segment of

people who do and like to push their theories. I personally get upset

that people want to hyper focus on this one thing and not look around

at other possible causes. I think it will slow down the search for

answers. It's fine to consider this option, IMO, but not at the

expense of any other.

Roxanna

Autism Happens

-----

Original Message -----

Donna B

To:

Sent:

Friday, October 26, 2007 2:36 PM

Subject:

I didn't say there was proof -- as well as there is no

proof it hasn't. It is widely accepted though, not by everyone, but a

lot though, and with growing numbers, that autism is caused in

genetically predisposed kids by toxins, one of them being thimerasol

because it is a toxin. (If mercury was safe, we could eat all the fish

we wanted and go back to mercury thermometers.) It's common

because most kids get vaccines.

Roxanna wrote:

There is no

proof at all that thimerasol causes autism nor is it a "common cause"

of autism.

Roxanna

Autism Happens

-----

Original Message -----

Donna B

To:

Sent:

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 4:00 PM

Subject:

I agreed with Dr. Kartzinel -- my thoughts are that

these kids do have some broken mechanisms in their body, things that

don't work right for one way or another. But, it may be because I see

my son have a ton of intestinal issues, rashes, aches, etc., that can't

be explained, and many, many children on the spectrum face similar

issues. Dr. Kartzinel is an amazing man, very much on our side, so I'd

have a hard time feeling bad about the fact he's getting awareness out

there. Honestly, personally? I don't get caught up in the semantics. My

son has issues, and I don't care if he's referred to as autistic, which

is the peeve I have with Holly -Peete; she can feel that way

about her son, but to say that it's the wrong vernacular is

misrepresentation, imo. I say my son 'is autistic' sometimes, but I

don't say he is "an autistic." My daughter is epileptic, it's true,

it's factual, I can't be bothered by that. It's just words.

also never says she 'cured' her son. She says she recovered him.

You probably heard her bus analogy -- you get hit by a bus, you'll

never be cured, you'll always have aches, pains, scars, but you can

recover.

The thing with the MMR shot is that it's a huge dose of vaccine on a

body that is still growing and the mixture can be dangerous to a child

who cannot process the viral/toxic loads as bodies are supposed to.

(Which explains why not every child gets autism after having vaccines.

Most children can process the loads fine, but toxins increase, the

number of children who can't process the increased toxins is growing at

a scary epidemic rate.)

Be careful to just research the FDA and government sites. It makes

sense that they aren't going to show the side-effects, unless they are

in small print and hard to find. And a 'trace' of thimerasol can still

be WAY more than a tiny body can process per pound.

And last -- Thimerasol was 'recommended' to be phased out in 1999, but

because it preserves vaccines for years, those vaccines that weren't

yet used stayed on the shelf for years later because they weren't yet

expired, so while new ones weren't made, those ones with thimerasol

still remained.

Thimerasol/vaccines aren't the sole reason for autism, they are just

one of the most common ones -- pesticides, medications, etc., there's a

lot of toxins out there contributing to it all.

Hope that helps!

Donna

wrote:

What is everyone's take on the Larry King Live show

with McCarthy

and Halle Pete?

I was pretty frustrated to hear the docter refer to our kids as "Broken

Children" and the other comment was from about curing her son of

Autism. Autism is a neurological disorder that is not

tecnically "curable" but is treatable.

I was also listening to them talk about how the MMR shot, and the

immunitizations were the causes of autism. I went to the FDA website

and the MMR has NEVER contained Thimersoal. Also all other

immunitizations have phased out the thimersoal starting in 1999, and

most of them are free of mercury or never had it.

I wanted imput from everyone here, because I feel like you will all

give me great imput on what you think. Thanks!

Chelle

Guest guest

I was planning on moving on to another topic, I didn't intend on

getting into a debate about the merits of what has worked for my son,

and is still working, nor my beliefs on vaccines because I believe we

all have the right to our feelings. But your second sentence has caught

my eye.

I am not repeating what I hear. That's actually quite offensive, if you

think about it. It pretty much outright says that we're not thinking

for ourselves, which is entirely not the case.

Maybe there are people who do that, but it's not the norm. Parents who

vaccinate, I could just as easily say they're just doing what they

hear...but that would be a completely irrational, rude, incorrect

blanket judgment.

Could we try and remember that it's okay to have other feelings? I've

never slammed someone for vaccinating, I'd really prefer if we could

not slam those of us who have different feelings? We have enough crap

to deal with in real life, no need to add to it.

wrote:

Hi Roxanna,

Thank you for your imput here. I get so frustrated when I hear people

just repeat what they hear. My sister-in-law refered to the MMR as

the autism shot and said that she is not going to let her son get it.

I personally feel that there are many factors that contribute to our

kids developing autism. My son had the shots, the protection they

give our kids (in my opinion) far outweighed the risks. Also I have a

hard time beliving that the shots could have caused the multiple

instances of Autism that are in my family. I think there is a genetic

factor to be considered. My Grandfather, my 2 uncles, and 3 of my

cousins (all male) as well as my son all have AS. There MUST be a

genetic link there. That many men having AS can not possibly be a

fluke.

I know that I am going to give my daughter the shots. I know that I

have concerns about the viral load and at our next appointment we

will be discussing spreading out her shots more, but I don't ever

want to have to see my baby suffer Whooping cough or the measles,

rotovirus...the kinds of things that we get shots for as kids. I

got

all the shots that babies get, plus a ton more at 9 months of age

because we moved to the Middle East. I didn't "get" autism from all

those shots. I think our kids are wired differently, and that is

exactly what I tell my son. We have struggles with behavior, and

attitude, and I know a large part of his issues are because he

doesn't get social rules, but he is who he is. I wouldn't change him

for anything in the world. I really like, love and adore this unique,

quirky little man that God gave me. I know that having a child with

autism is hard, stressful and emotionally tiring, but when that angel

looks up and smiles, it is worth it.

Thanks again for the imput! I love all the support that is felt here.

>

> I'm not sure where your beef is then. People do have choices and

are choosing to do their own thing. It's not been taken away from

them. So all is good there.

>

> You said, "So no, I don't have to prove there is a cause if there

is a suspicion -- I'm not a researcher, I'm a parent who knows her

child and has talked to a ton of others and has researched a lot on

a "mom" level." You can have your opinions but you can't say they

are facts. That's all I care about here. If you don't feel the need

to prove something is true before you decide it's true, that may be

something that works for you personally. Not for me, though. I will

demand more before I agree something is a fact. Think about it like

this - they used to believe that people were witches and burn them at

the stake for it. They didn't need fact or proof, they just felt it

was true or had suspicions it was true. I mean you can make an

example out of anything to make a point.

>

> Also, I did not say research should focus solely on genetics

either. But nothing you've listed so far is a fact as to the cause

of autism.

>

> Roxanna

Guest guest

Awww, that's just a shame. Don't you want to shake people sometimes? I

truly hate it when others jump in and try to parent my child,

particularly if I'm standing right there. IMO, it sure doesn't help a

child if mom steps in and fixes every little injustice he/she may

experience either...meaning the other lady's son, that's life, he'll

never learn either.

But I love your response! I may have to steal that!! :)

Dee DiMemmo wrote:

we were in barnes & noble a while back and saber was playing

with the train set that was there, he had started playing with it

before another little boy came over and saber didnt want to share...the

other boys mother told me that i needed to teach my son to play nice

with others. i just looked at her and said he's autistic. next time

i'll hang a sign around his neck to let you know. it shut her up real

fast!!!!

its so hard when people look at you like you're a bad parent or

something, when its our kiddo not knowing how to handle a situation

Donna B <donnabzygmail> wrote:

Hi Debbie -- don't apologize, like you said, we all have our

highs and lows. I know I've come here on a bad day plenty of times!

I've got four kids, and only my youngest has autism (which, for me,

bolsters my thoughts that it's toxins that have just increased through

the years), but my 12 yod has seizure disorder, and I see how it

affects her life too, though she is SUCH a trouper. Anyway, it's so

hard watching your child try to connect and not be able to. People

really downplay the social aspects, "they'll learn, they'll get by" are

things I hear often. Sure, they will, but does that make it okay? Are

we supposed to overlook it?

We took my son to the dentist a couple of days ago, and he attempted to

play with the other kids at the toy area. One boy was playing with him,

but ds had to be in charge. He was telling the other boy what to do,

how, when, etc. That's typical, everywhere we go, he has to be in

charge. He wants it that way at home, too, so why it would be any

different elsewhere makes no sense. He wants waffles for breakfast

every day (when he's not on a pancake binge) but they must be sliced,

dry, then have the syrup poured over. His 'coffee' (almond chocolate

milk) must be in a specific cup. Everything has a way about it, and

while we try to break some habits, shake things up, we choose our

battles and some things just aren't worth it. Lots of years to work on

that.

Donna

debramelamed wrote:

I don't think I can agree with that statement. I know we all

have our

quirks and weaknesses, but my child cannot connect with his peers. How

it must be to feel like an outsider amongst your peers I cannot

imagine. That is why my heart breaks, that is why I personally would

not have another child. I can't take the pain of seeing my son try to

connect and get frustrated and anxious and then aggressive because he

is hurt and angry that he can't be successful with connecting to other

kids. He doesn't even know why he can't connect because he is 7 and he

doesn't get it yet. There are no play dates, no friends, even my

family members are telling us not to come around. It is so hard.

Sorry if I am negative but I guess we all have our highs and lows and I

am low right now.

Debbie

Guest guest

First, this subject is over. If you continue to have a "beef" and want to call me names or make stuff up that you have decided I said, you will need to email me off this list. But taking pot shots at the list owner is just a bad idea overall.

Second, you are way over stepping yourself and misconstruing what I have said. This is the major reason why there are problems between people in the autism community. There is no other way to argue with fact than to pull this stuff and people just don't like it. I don't. So I'll just move off the subject and say it more clearly - you cannot say something is a fact or a cure unless it is proven scientifically. This is a rule. Take whatever you want from that and say I called you anything you like. When it doubt, throw mud, huh?

RoxannaAutism Happens

Guest guest

What in the world is going on? Am I missing something?Roxanna <madideas@...> wrote: First, this subject is over. If you continue to have a "beef" and want to call me names or make stuff up that you have decided I said, you will need to email me off this list. But taking pot shots at the list owner is just a bad idea overall.

Second, you are way over stepping yourself and misconstruing what I have said. This is the major reason why there are problems between people in the autism community. There is no other way to argue with fact than to pull this stuff and people just don't like it. I don't. So I'll just move off the subject and say it more clearly - you cannot say something is a fact or a cure unless it is proven scientifically. This is a rule. Take whatever you want from that and say I called you anything you like. When it doubt, throw mud, huh? RoxannaAutism Happens Re: ( ) Larry King Live . __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Good for you!

RoxannaAutism Happens

we were in barnes & noble a while back and saber was playing with the train set that was there, he had started playing with it before another little boy came over and saber didnt want to share...the other boys mother told me that i needed to teach my son to play nice with others. i just looked at her and said he's autistic. next time i'll hang a sign around his neck to let you know. it shut her up real fast!!!!

its so hard when people look at you like you're a bad parent or something, when its our kiddo not knowing how to handle a situationDonna B <donnabzygmail> wrote:

Hi Debbie -- don't apologize, like you said, we all have our highs and lows. I know I've come here on a bad day plenty of times!I've got four kids, and only my youngest has autism (which, for me, bolsters my thoughts that it's toxins that have just increased through the years), but my 12 yod has seizure disorder, and I see how it affects her life too, though she is SUCH a trouper. Anyway, it's so hard watching your child try to connect and not be able to. People really downplay the social aspects, "they'll learn, they'll get by" are things I hear often. Sure, they will, but does that make it okay? Are we supposed to overlook it?We took my son to the dentist a couple of days ago, and he attempted to play with the other kids at the toy area. One boy was playing with him, but ds had to be in charge. He was telling the other boy what to do, how, when, etc. That's typical, everywhere we go, he has to be in charge. He wants it that way at home, too, so why it would be any different elsewhere makes no sense. He wants waffles for breakfast every day (when he's not on a pancake binge) but they must be sliced, dry, then have the syrup poured over. His 'coffee' (almond chocolate milk) must be in a specific cup. Everything has a way about it, and while we try to break some habits, shake things up, we choose our battles and some things just aren't worth it. Lots of years to work on that.Donnadebramelamed wrote:

I don't think I can agree with that statement. I know we all have our quirks and weaknesses, but my child cannot connect with his peers. How it must be to feel like an outsider amongst your peers I cannot imagine. That is why my heart breaks, that is why I personally would not have another child. I can't take the pain of seeing my son try to connect and get frustrated and anxious and then aggressive because he is hurt and angry that he can't be successful with connecting to other kids. He doesn't even know why he can't connect because he is 7 and he doesn't get it yet. There are no play dates, no friends, even my family members are telling us not to come around. It is so hard. Sorry if I am negative but I guess we all have our highs and lows and I am low right now.Debbie

Guest guest

Yeah Cliff. he got it in before Larry cut them off. Maurine Nanstiel <erik@...> wrote: I'm recording the whole program and it will appear on AutismMedia.org as soon as possible.thanks,

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

I didn't get to see the show, but here is the

transcript:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0904/03/lkl.01.html

CNN LARRY KING LIVE

No Scientific Link Between Autism and Vaccinations

Aired April 3, 2009 - 21:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE

UPDATED.

(This is a little bit of the other side:)

KING: We're back. Now the other side. In New York, Dr. Margaret Fisher,

chairman, department of pediatrics, medical director at the Children's Hospital

at Monmouth Medical Center. In Cleveland, Dr. Max Wiznitzer, pediatric

neurologist, Rainbow Babies in Children's Hospital in Cleveland. He's been

dealing with autistic children for 25 years.

And in Washington, our old friend Dr. Bernardine Healey, health editor, " U.S.

News and World Report " and former director of the National Institutes of Health.

All right, Dr. Fisher, an overview of what we have just heard. What do you

think?

DR. MARGARET FISHER, THE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL: An overview? Well, I think we have

heard some very interesting things about autism. I am disappointed that they

were so negative about the American Academy of Pediatrics. The mission of our

academy is actually to ensure the health and the well-being of all children.

Immunizations have really been a part of our effort to ensure that safety.

We know that if you stop immunizing children, you will see the diseases come

back. And I know they said they don't want to stop immunizing, but two of those

vaccines that have been added since the 1980s are the vaccine against Homofluous

(ph) Influenza type B and the vaccine against the Numacocus (ph). These are two

very serious bacterial infections that really do harm to children. Before the

Homofluous vaccine, there were 20,000 case of invasive disease each year and

1,000 deaths.

That's three deaths a day. We don't want it to come back.

KING: What causes autism, in your opinion? If not vaccines, what does?

DR. MAX WIZNITZER, PEDIATRIC NEUROLOGIST: Well, we know that in about 10 percent

to 15 percent of the cases, we can identify a genetic causation, unlike the

number that was quoted before hand. The research as its moved forward and we

have been able to look at genes more closely, we can get that information. We

also know that from studies, family studies and such, that autism has a strong

genetic basis and it's prenatally based, which kids are born with the tendency.

Whether they show the tendency at age one month or show it at one year or at two

years is very dependent on what's going on with them.

It's not just as simple as saying it's one thing. It's autism, there's multiple

reasons why it occurs.

KING: Dr. Wiznitzer, do you dismiss vaccines as not being involved?

WIZNITZER: I do. In fact I'm a bit concerned. Initially the complaint was

Mercury. That was disproven. Then the complaint was MMR. That was disproven. Now

we've got a new moving target, which is that the combined vaccines all together

that do this.

We can only spend our research money so far before we basically say, let's put

it where we know for sure we can help, and not just on speculative ideas.

KING: Dr. Healey, what are your thoughts?

DR. BERNADINE HEALEY, FMR. PRESIDENT, AMERICAN RED CROSS: I think one has to

listen to the families of these children. I have always believed, you listen the

patients and the patients will teach. I think there are many legitimate concerns

that families have. And I honestly believe that the focus that we have on autism

today and the embarrassing recognition that we know so little about it, in terms

of what causes it, in terms of how to treat it, in terms of whether it's

dynamic, whether it's structural, I think that says that we have neglected this

disease for all too long in the face of this growing epidemic.

We have got to focus on it and we have got to listen to families. And I think

that environmental triggers in the context of a genetic predisposition makes a

lot of sense. But we don't have the foggiest notion of what those environmental

triggers are. Vaccines might be one of those components. Let's respect that and

let's investigate it. And I don't think it's been fully investigated.

KING: We'll come right back. If you want more information about autism, go to

CNN.com/Autism There's comprehensive information for those of you with more

questions. Honestly, we've got it for you. Stay with us. We'll be right back.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

KING: Dr. Fisher, isn't Dr. Healey right when she says listen to the parents?

FISHER: Absolutely. I couldn't have agreed with her more. Every pediatrician

knows that if you want to find out what's the matter with the children, you have

to talk to the parents. They're the ones who are living with them. They're the

ones who are with them all the time.

KING: So when all these parents say too many vaccines, we have added too many

vaccines -- there used to be three and now there's 30 -- they associate that

with the cause. Shouldn't your organization or the association listen to them?

FISHER: The organization does listen to them. And we also listen to all of the

other parents who are asking us to protect their children with vaccines. In

Pennsylvania right now, there is an outbreak, a resurgence of Homofluous

influenza disease. Those three deaths that have occurred already this year are

in children who were not immunized. There are lots of parents who want to know

about the vaccines, who want to know how to protect their children against

infectious disease.

Clearly, those are the children, the parents we need to listen to as well. So,

yes, pediatricians have to listen to their parents.

KING: At what age should pediatricians start screening for autism?

WIZNITZER: We have screening that is basically recommended at age 18 months and

24 months. Obviously, if there's concerns that are raised earlier, it should be

done.

KING: What do you think causes it?

WIZNITZER: I think what it is you're born with a tendency towards it. As Dr.

Healey has stated, there's work being done right now trying to look for

environmental causes. Are there factors that may tip them over? As far as we

know right now, vaccines aren't those kind of factors. But there could be easily

be factors that affect the brain prenatally, before birth. We know that exposure

to certain drugs before birth clearly can cause autistic features in children

after they're born.

KING: Aren't you at least impressed a little with the association of vaccine as

presented by the other side? Doesn't that give you pause?

WIZNITZER: I have heard this for many, many years. But, more importantly, I have

looked at the actual medical literature. I have looked at what people have said

from both sides. I've asked people questions. It's not simply someone coming to

me and saying, my child has had a change in his behavior and he looked autistic

after he got a certain vaccine.

You need to ask questions more closely. What was the child like before hand?

Were there any other features that might have been there? Is that temporal

association, that time association actually real? Could it have been longer or

could it have been shorter? Most of the time I find out that the associations

that the parents were concerned about really couldn't be supported.

KING: Are we just at the tip of the iceberg, Dr. Healey? Is there still so much

more to go and to learn?

HEALEY: I think you have nailed it, Larry. I think there is so much more to

learn. Simple things like a comparisons of children who have and have not been

vaccinated. This is something that we have talked about doing for many years. It

has not been done. It can be done through various models, through case control

model models. It can be done retrospectively. It has to be done.

Also, looking specifically at the children with progressive autism, the kids who

were just fine, and then, shortly after immunization, they have a high fever,

likely have an ensefalopothy (ph), and they never come pack from it. We need to

look at that subset of patients. Study 500 of those kids.

Do you know, Larry, we have 5,000 children who are in the vaccine course, and

they're sitting there in a lawyer environment. The CDC has not gone and analyzed

those 5,000 children. These are children that have passed a certain screen,

children who have had significant health problems right after they have been

vaccinated, usually multiple times, and we haven't connected.

So I think part of what's missing here, we have got to stop all this battling

and we've got to honor each other's perspective and we've got to do a lot of

research. That's where, Larry, I think there is an inexcusable issue. And that's

the lack of research that's been done here. And I really don't believe that this

is a closed case from a research point of view. And I think you can talk to the

NIH, you can look at what has been discussed in recent panels about what we

don't know, and then you will say, let's carry on with research.

And now there's moneys to do it, there's a means to do it. Let's get on it and

let's shake hands and do it together.

KING: More about autism in 60 seconds. Stay with us.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

KING: Dr. Fisher, are you concerned that so much ground has been made by the

other side, the other side has presented in the first half of this show, that

you're going to have more problems with autism?

FISHER: No. I'm not sure what you're getting at.

KING: I'm trying to see, when they focus so much on the negative, people are

going to drop -- they're going to stop vaccinating. A lot of people are going to

stop vaccinating. I didn't mean more problems with autism. More problems with

health?

FISHER: Sure. We are concerned that if people stop vaccinating, we will see the

reemergence of these infectious diseases. They haven't gone away and we want to

ensure that children are protected.

KING: Dr. Wiznitzer, you're not denying the sincerity of these people, though,

are you?

WIZNITZER: No. In fact if I could just make a quick comment from what Dr. Healey

had mentioned; the NIH is doing research looking at regressive autism. One of my

friends who's doing the research tells me she's having a hard time recruiting

patients because when people claim regression, it turns out, when she

investigates very closely, it wasn't regression.

But going back to what you asked me before, yes, I do not doubt their sincerity

in the least. And I think that it's very important that people always voice

concerns when they have them. It happens in my practice. It should happen in any

doctor's office. However, we need to look at the concerns. We need to be open

minded on both sides, so that we can basically look at these issues and say do

they have validity or not?

KING: Dr. Healey, are you pessimistic or optimistic in this area?

HEALEY: I think we haven't had the come to Jesus session yet that says, wait a

minute, this polarization is very negative. It's not good for the children and

it's not good for the science. Quite frankly, Larry, there is no such thing as

anti-vaccine and pro- vaccine. We are all pro-vaccine. We know what Polio is. We

know Meningitis is. We know what we want to avoid.

But there are some vaccines here -- let's forget about autism. There are some

vaccines here that one -- a parent can legitimately question: giving a one-day

old baby, or a two-day old baby Hepatitis B vaccine, that has no risk for it.

The mother has no risk for it. That's a heavy duty vaccine given on day two, at

two months, at four months. I think those are legitimate questions. I think

there has to be more flexibility and we need to have people smiling at each

other, saying we're hearing you, let's move forward.

KING: And to be friends.

HEALEY: Let's be friends and nobody's anti-vaccine here.

KING: Thanks Dr. Healey, always good seeing you. Dr. Wiznitzer and Dr. Fisher

remain. Returning will be J.B. Hanley and Dr. Kartzinel. One thing is for

certain about autism, it's subject to great debate. Opposing sides are here

next. They'll get right into it. Don't go away.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

KING: All right, our panel now assembles together. I'll start with you, Dr.

Kartzinel. What did you think of what you just heard with the other respective

doctors in Cleveland and New York.

KARTZINEL: I think they made some very good points, especially about doing

studies with children who haven't been vaccinated. When you look at smoking, for

example, when you look at smokers and the rates of lung cancer, it didn't become

apparent until they compared that to non-smokers. Then the lung cancer rates

were high.

We need to look at these diseases, whether it be childhood asthma or attention

deficit order or autism, and look at them among those who were vaccinated and

compare them to those who weren't.

KING: Are you saying it will show that vaccinations played a part?

KARTZINEL: Absolutely.

KING: How will you respond to that, Dr. Wiznitzer?

WIZNITZER: Years ago, I thought about this idea among the Amish population here

in northeast Ohio, to whom I am actually the neurologist. And I went to the

public health nurses and said, tell me about their vaccination rates. And I was

told that there is a very high rate of vaccination amongst the Amish population.

Out of ten thousand of individuals in our population, we have one child with

autism. I see all these children.

The fact is, we can't basically use the argument. It's much more complex than

just vaccinated versus unvaccinated.

KING: J.B. Hanley, they were saying earlier that they're not against you.

They're open to listen to you. They just disagree with what you're saying.

HANLEY: The AAP doesn't listen at all, Larry. They never look at recovered

children. They never look at recovered children. They rubber stamp every vaccine

on the schedule. Dr. Fisher never answered why so few companies have picked up

varicella flue roto virus (ph). Meantime, AAP rubber stamps every vaccine, like

Gardasil (ph), which is damaging teenaged girls right now, which will likely be

pulled from the market very soon. There is the AAP rubber stamp on that vaccine.

KING: Dr. Fisher?

FISHER: We hardly rubber stamp any vaccine. The American Academy of Pediatrics

listens very closely before a vaccine is recommended for use. It goes through

extensive trials. It goes through extensive information. All of that information

is reviewed very quickly. It's both efficacy and safety information.

There's never a rubber stamp. We work very closely before, while the vaccine is

being tested to see if it works, it is safe? And only if it's been determined to

be safe and effective is it recommended for use. It's not a rubber stamp.

HANLEY: What about the other countries picked up the vaccine?

FISHER: These vaccines are costly. In addition to the number of vaccines, have

you looked at what's happened to the price of vaccinating a child?

HANLEY: We're talking about first-world companies like Germany, the UK, France,

Finland who haven't taken on varicella, roto virus, flu, and those vaccines have

been on the market for ten years. How can you tell me it's a cost issue? And if

these vaccines are so damn important to our kids, why aren't these other

countries picking up the vaccines?

FISHER: What I can tell you is the reason we recommend these vaccines in this

country is --

HANLEY: You're not answering the question.

KING: Let her answer.

FISHER: I don't know what they do in Germany or the UK or anywhere else, nor do

I suspect you know how they make those decisions.

(CROSS TALK)

FISHER: No, it doesn't. I'm concerned about how we make the decisions here. And

since I have been part of some of those decisions, I know that the information

about the safety and the efficacy of those vaccines is looked at very closely.

KING: Doctor, you said earlier -- I think you said earlier, that this is big

money and that to the pharmaceutical companies, this is big money. And you

implied that the pharmaceutical companies sort of own your profession, true?

KARTZINEL: Well, that wasn't quite it. But I did show the ad that they put into

our journal. But the thing is, in real time right now, what I'm really concerned

about is the fact that these children -- we're talking about children who were

wounded by vaccines, hundreds of thousands of them. The estimates are now a

million of our kids -- we're not talking about --

(CROSS TALK)

KARTZINEL: Wounded, they are screaming, up all night. They are financially

devastating to these families, spiritually devastating to these families. They

can't get medical care. Pediatricians don't want to treat them. They don't take

their time to answer the questions. They've got a ten minute time slot.

HANLEY: Larry, we have no idea what the combination risk of our vaccine schedule

looks like. At the two-month visit, a child gets six vaccines in under 15

minutes. The only way to test that properly would be to have a group of kids who

get all six and a group of kids who get none and see what happens. They don't do

that testing. They have no idea.

KING: Doctor Wiznitzer, the CDC says autism impacts about one in 150 children.

But is the incidence going up or is it the way children are being counted?

WIZNITZER: It's a very complicated issue. Studies have been done and people have

actually looked at this study even this year in their publications. And they've

shown that issues such as diagnostic substitution, which means they had previous

diagnosis, that we have loosening of the diagnostic criteria. An example would

be if, all of a sudden in baseball, we moved the outfield wall 100 feet closer;

we pump the players up with steroids, and then say, look they broke the baseball

record for home runs over and over and over again.

When you change the rules of how you make diagnosis, and that to some degree has

happened, people are loosening up. Kids with social issues are being labeled as

autistic. The majority -- I think we can account for at least 80 percent of the

increased prevalence with those numbers. There's 20 percent of people still have

--

KARTZINEL: How do you propose that we narrow that and make those people go away.

They're not going to go away.

WIZNITZER: Let me finish.

KING: Go ahead, doctor.

WIZNITZER: The other 20 percent, we basically have to keep looking. Issues that

have been raised by government agencies, either potential environmental factors

outside the issue of vaccines? Are there other genetic reasons? Are there other

factors that we failed to recognize? That all has to be looked at.

KING: I got to get one more break. We'll be right back. Do you think autism can

be cured? That's tonight's quick vote question. Go to CNN.com/LarryKing and cast

your ballot. More after this.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

KING: A comment from Carly, our guest blogger with autism: " it's the kids that

are lost, because the parents are missing the cues by their children while

they're wrapped up in all this. " Question for Dr. Fisher. There's a debate over

vaccine schedules. What do you recommend?

FISHER: What I recommend is the schedule that's been developed by the Centers

for Disease Control, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Academy

of Family Practitioners. And that schedule has a reason. We know that children

are born with the antibodies from their moms, so they're protected for that

first six months of life.

The reason we give so many vaccines in the first six months is so that we don't

leave those children unprotected. As they lose their mother's antibody, we want

them to make their own antibody. Before we had Homofluous vaccine, we began

seeing this disease at six months, seven months, eight months, a year. We don't

want to leave children unprotected. We want to give them the best possible

protection as soon as possible.

KING: J.B. Hanley wanted to respond to something Doctor Wiznitzer said.

HANLEY: I want to talk about this issue of autism prevalence. It's going to be

shocking for parents to learn that the CDC and the AAP don't actually

acknowledge that there's been a real rise in autism cases. Larry, the Department

of Education in 1992, 16,000 kids were getting autism services. Today 225,000.

That means in 1992, they were missing 93 percent of kids with autism. Where are

all the adults with autism? They don't exist.

These numbers are real. But if you never acknowledge there's been a real rise,

you don't have to find an environmental agent that caused it.

WIZNITZER: May I answer?

KING: Go ahead.

WIZNITZER: First of all, in 1992, we weren't counting as much as we are counting

now. Number two, families recognized the value of having the diagnosis for their

children to get services and there's lots of services and lots of money that

follows it. Number three, as these individuals get older, frequently they become

less symptomatic, and you may no longer see the full blown features of autism.

And that raises the issue of what do we do with them when they get older? How do

we make sure that they have quality lives? How do we make sure they have quality

work, quality living resources? That's also something we need to focus on.

HANLEY: Did you see the January study from UC using California's numbers

that said unequivocally there's been a clear rise, it's not do to diagnostic

substitution.

WIZNITZER: Mr. Hanley, you're misrepresenting the study. I read it. Actually

they stated that diagnostic substitution was one of the reasons why that rise is

occurring. More importantly, that is not an epidemiological study. That is

looking at a database. If you look at the documents from the department there,

they tell you not to be used for epidemiological --

(CROSS TALK)

KING: We have obviously skimmed the surface. We are going to do a lot more on

this in the days and months ahead. I guarantee it. Thank our panelists all.

Guest guest

Well now how they really know that all these diseases would come back if

they stopped their " immunizations " b/c they won't let the shots stop.. so

how they do they really know for sure?

Have to finish this later. Tired kids

Nita (crew chief) and the crew: 16, Jon 14, 12, 10,

7, Christian (7/16/03 to 8/22/04), 3 and Isaac, 1

http://momof6.dotphoto.com <http://momof6.dotphoto.com/> for not

necessarily current pictures

http://nitasspot.blogspot.com

Learn from the mistakes of others. Trust me... you can't live long enough

to make them all yourself.

Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.2/1784 - Release Date: 11/12/2008

7:01 PM

Guest guest

The purpose of which is to create fear (False Evidence Appearing Real) and sell

more vaccines. 

Subject: RE: Re: LARRY KING LIVE

Vaccinations

Date: Sunday, April 5, 2009, 7:47 PM

Well now how they really know that all these diseases would come back if

they stopped their " immunizations " b/c they won't let the shots stop.. so

how they do they really know for sure?

Have to finish this later. Tired kids

Nita (crew chief) and the crew: 16, Jon 14, 12, 10,

7, Christian (7/16/03 to 8/22/04), 3 and Isaac, 1

http://momof6.dotphoto.com <http://momof6.dotphoto.com/>  for not

necessarily current pictures

http://nitasspot.blogspot.com

Learn from the mistakes of others.  Trust me... you can't live long enough

to make them all yourself.

Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.2/1784 - Release Date: 11/12/2008

7:01 PM

Guest guest

<<<Homofluous

influenza disease.>>>>

Is this the flu vaccine he is talking about????

>>>>FISHER: The organization does listen to them. And we also listen to all of

the

infectious disease.>>>>>

Guest guest

Haemophilus influenza B  or HiB. Never saw it in my life - only heard about it

after a vax was produced. Seems it's caused by...vaccines! Don't know anyone who

ever got it.

Subject: Re: LARRY KING LIVE

Vaccinations

Date: Sunday, April 5, 2009, 8:10 PM

<<<Homofluous

influenza disease.>>>>

Is this the flu vaccine he is talking about????

>>>>FISHER: The organization does listen to them. And we also listen to all of

the

infectious disease.>>>>>

------------------------------------

Guest guest

>

> Haemophilus influenza B  or HiB. Never saw it in my life - only heard about it

after a vax was produced. Seems it's caused by...vaccines! Don't know anyone who

ever got it.

>

From my understanding, it's a bacteria that can cause meningitis, pnemonia,

blood infection, epiglotitis(spelling?)So in the past, people would just hear

that someone had meningitis. There usually would not be a specific microbe

mentioned. Conventional science states that it used to be number one cause of

childhood meningitis. I know of one case of meningitis in the 8o's who is alive

and doing fine. My mom's best friend lost her firstborn son to meninigits in

1970's. Nobody know what bacteria caused it; was it HIB, meningococal,

pnemococal, etc. The cases that happened in PA worry me very much. Too close to

home(i am in NJ)One boy who was already old (4 years old) and was supposedly

completely unvaxed because they were religious. The did not use any conventional

medicine at all and they never too him to hospital for antibiotics and the boy

died at home after a week of febrile fever. This is scarry, and if true, shows

that we do need medicial care in instances like these. His body did not fight it

off and the boy died. I am doing research on HIB and other bacterial meningitis

and might consider these vaccines after all. None of the other diseases scare me

more than deadly meningitis.

Kaarina

Guest guest

I totally understand as meningitis scares me too. However, I have not read

anything that would make me think the vaccine would protect a child. There are

many causes of meningitis and over all causes are much higher in vaccinated

children than unvaccinated. I know it is scary, but the only cases they put in

the mainstream news are the unvaccinated ones. They can say anything they want.

Vaccinated children die from meningitis too, but they do not print those

stories.

Many things can cause those infections, just because the Hib bacteria is present

they automatically blame it on that, but who knows if that is the real cause.

Many cases of meningitis have no identifiable bacteria present. Plus, most

people harmlessly carry these bacteria in their body. Maybe they are just

innocent bystanders.

Anyways, meningitis still scares me, but so do the vaccines and I am not

convinced they would work.

This family with the child that died, it is very sad, but they should have

definitely seeked help. Plus, just because he was unvaccinated, we don't know

what their other lifestyles were.

Vida

> >

> > Haemophilus influenza B  or HiB. Never saw it in my life - only heard about

it after a vax was produced. Seems it's caused by...vaccines! Don't know anyone

who ever got it.

> >

> From my understanding, it's a bacteria that can cause meningitis, pnemonia,

pnemococal, etc. The cases that happened in PA worry me very much. Too close to

completely unvaxed because they were religious. The did not use any conventional

that we do need medicial care in instances like these. His body did not fight it

off and the boy died. I am doing research on HIB and other bacterial meningitis

and might consider these vaccines after all. None of the other diseases scare me

more than deadly meningitis.

>

> Kaarina

>

Guest guest

Vaccinated children die from meningitis

> too, but they do not print those stories.

And vaccinated children die from vaccines, too, and they don't print any of

those stories, either.

Winnie

Guest guest

Don't worry if it's close. Bugs are geographically illiterate. They like

unhealthy human terrain. That poor little boy must have been quite deficient

nutrition-wise. The other cases were also not vaccinated?

The thing is quarter of the population exists with it in their bodies, yet never

have any signs of disease.

It is kept in check, not by vaccines, but by good nutrition, adequate sleep etc.

What vaccines do is poison ALL the children who are given them, including the

75% who would never have come into contact with it under normal circumstances.

The figures I've read are that the vaccine is only 85% effective and it's not

even for all strains either.

One year our equivalent of VAERS had 4 SIDS noted following vaccination - oddly

one was in a 2yr old. Crib death in a 2yr old? In a population of 3.5m with

probably less than 10% of vaccine reactions reported, we are safer refusing

vaccines. In one 5 yr period, our govt  insurer paid out to the families of 44

brain-damaged-by-vaccine children. One in a million, they assured us! It is very

tough to win a vaccine claim, believe me.It is tough to even have your claim

recognised as a possibility and be allowed to pursue the claim. Another 70

families were not permitted to pursue. How many more would never guess that it

was the DPT that had killed or injured their children.

When my son reacted to the DPT, the first thing that was done to him in hospital

was a lumbar puncture to check for meningitis. His CNS WAS damaged, but it

wasn't from meningitis. I know of far more people who have been injured by

vaccines, than have had meningitis. Also, this has to be a worry:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8762955

Haemophilus influenzae meningitis following vaccination. Consequence or

coincidence?In the 60's non-vaxers used to agonise over the polio vaccine in

much the same way as parents are encouraged to fear meningitis today. Just like

meningitis, one of the first symptoms was a stiff neck and back! So is

meningitis just one of the many names that polio was given after the

introduction of the polio vaccines to disguise the fact that the vaccines didn't

work? www.whale.to/vaccine/polio1.html

There was one boy I knew who got meningitis at high school in the 60's. We were

told it was from swimming in hot pools. Who knows? He survived but the AB

treatment made him deaf! Odd that no one else swimming in the hot pools

succumbed.

Subject: Re: LARRY KING LIVE

Vaccinations

Date: Monday, April 6, 2009, 6:45 AM

>

> Haemophilus influenza B  or HiB. Never saw it in my life - only heard about it

ever got it.

>

From my understanding, it's a bacteria that can cause meningitis, pnemonia,

pnemococal, etc. The cases that happened in PA worry me very much.. Too close to

that we do need medicial care in

instances like these. His body did not fight it off and the boy died. I am

doing research on HIB and other bacterial meningitis and might consider these

vaccines after all. None of the other diseases scare me more than deadly

meningitis.

Kaarina

------------------------------------