RemedySpot.com

Good Morning

Rate this topic

Guest guest

that's like the old saying.."Whjat's his is mine and what's mine is mine" Start working on that saying..I know ya feel kinda guilty but everything happens for a reason don't it?? That truck and his decision wasn't meant to be..Now you would have really felt bad if ya would have boinked him!! LOL

Good luck ..The right one will come when it is time..I have to admit I been kinda looking for another vechicle myself but WON'T buy one with out the hubby...LOL...I know when he comes in he'll want to look too..He worries about me in this one..He calls it a bucket of bolts but I tell him to feel blessed we got this one and it has lasted..Don't critize what we have but feel blessed we aren't walking!

I'm glad the payments aren't hanging over you. Maybe you and your husband can resolve this. Does he think everything is OK since the truck is out of the picture?

Sharon

Hi, ,

Well, I'm glad that worked out the way it did with the vehicle. And it sounds like you're working this issue out in the marriage. I do my share of impulse purchasing, but only small-ticket items. Ditto, my wife. We're starting to look ahead to retirement and trying to live a more frugal lifestyle. We're getting ready to have a yard sale soon, and I can't believe all the junk we've accumulated! It makes me realize just how materialistic I am. Time to start letting go of that.

Having some great pre-fall weather here today. What a relief!

Take care,

Re: [ ] Good Morning

Yes, a little discussion beforehand would have been agreat idea. Marriage being a partnership and all. Idon't think many men realize how it hurts us not to beinvolved in these things. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> I have tried to get a perspective on it. I have> rationalized> whats the worst that could happen? The very worst> is we wouldn't> be able to make the payment on it and well the repo> man would> come to call. Bill says "Sweetie have a little> faith in me here"> I do have faith in him... its the economy I am> distrustful of right> now. THat and its a no brainer to go out and go that> far in debt> without the little wifes approval....... duh..... > LOL __________________________________________________

Apologies for the religious profanity ('gd') to those of you it might have offended.

Re: [ ] Good Morning

Yes, a little discussion beforehand would have been agreat idea. Marriage being a partnership and all. Idon't think many men realize how it hurts us not to beinvolved in these things. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> I have tried to get a perspective on it. I have> rationalized> whats the worst that could happen? The very worst> is we wouldn't> be able to make the payment on it and well the repo> man would> come to call. Bill says "Sweetie have a little> faith in me here"> I do have faith in him... its the economy I am> distrustful of right> now. THat and its a no brainer to go out and go that> far in debt> without the little wifes approval....... duh..... > LOL __________________________________________________

Yes I am glad its resolved too. Now perhaps we can put this behind us and move forward together. He is expressing a real need for a truck and maybe in a few weeks or months we can look into a different situation together. See what we can find. Bill works construction and he puts on tremendous milage. So we need to be wise in this. I felt so bad that he returned the truck it was a beautiful truck.....but everyone must have a drawing point and he had truthfully over extended that. He came to see it too......so now the search will begin ...... Re: [ ] Good Morning Yes, a little discussion beforehand would have been agreat idea. Marriage being a partnership and all. Idon't think many men realize how it hurts us not to beinvolved in these things. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> I have tried to get a perspective on it. I have> rationalized> whats the worst that could happen? The very worst> is we wouldn't> be able to make the payment on it and well the repo> man would> come to call. Bill says "Sweetie have a little> faith in me here"> I do have faith in him... its the economy I am> distrustful of right> now. THat and its a no brainer to go out and go that> far in debt> without the little wifes approval....... duh..... > LOL __________________________________________________

We talked alot last night about future and goals and communication and he really does feel in some ways better now but he truly did want the truck and truly thought it the right decision. He said I have supported him in all throughout 34 years and it just never really dawned on him that I wouldn't this time. I think he has selective memory. The difference is alot of things never really got to the drawing board as there was communication. Which proves that even when your my age you still evolve and grow together. But to answer your question he knows that it we have work to do to get past this, I also am forgiving enough that hopefully we can use it as a stepping stone vs a stumbling block. I know he won't do this again. Hopefully he knows that he has to be just a tad more realistic on the price However did you know the cheapest truck on the lot was $23,000.00 and that had 48,000 miles on it and was a 2000. Maybe I need a reality check too. Re: [ ] Good Morning I'm glad the payments aren't hanging over you. Maybe you and your husband can resolve this. Does he think everything is OK since the truck is out of the picture? Sharon

Apology accepted ..... we are all only human... Re: [ ] Good Morning Yes, a little discussion beforehand would have been agreat idea. Marriage being a partnership and all. Idon't think many men realize how it hurts us not to beinvolved in these things. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> I have tried to get a perspective on it. I have> rationalized> whats the worst that could happen? The very worst> is we wouldn't> be able to make the payment on it and well the repo> man would> come to call. Bill says "Sweetie have a little> faith in me here"> I do have faith in him... its the economy I am> distrustful of right> now. THat and its a no brainer to go out and go that> far in debt> without the little wifes approval....... duh..... > LOL __________________________________________________

I am glad too except for the look on my hubbys face. He is sooooooooooo depressed. As you say though most espcially as you look ahead to retirement a more frugal lifestyle has to be considered. I am not a materialistic type person at all which makes it all the harder for him to understand ......He is only materialistic on the trucks. Always tools and trucks. LOL Re: [ ] Good Morning Yes, a little discussion beforehand would have been agreat idea. Marriage being a partnership and all. Idon't think many men realize how it hurts us not to beinvolved in these things. Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> I have tried to get a perspective on it. I have> rationalized> whats the worst that could happen? The very worst> is we wouldn't> be able to make the payment on it and well the repo> man would> come to call. Bill says "Sweetie have a little> faith in me here"> I do have faith in him... its the economy I am> distrustful of right> now. THat and its a no brainer to go out and go that> far in debt> without the little wifes approval....... duh..... > LOL __________________________________________________

Yes I probably would have felt bad had I actually boinked him.... HA HA..... However I can't defend his action. And the truck was the right truck ( interpret that to mean it was not the trucks fault its beautiful and expensive) at the wrong price at the perfect time but the decision was made the wrong way. How confusing is that. HA HA HA.......Whats his is mine and whats mine is his. In our marriage there is no difference.... that is what was so confusing.....we really are the epitome of the two shall become one ...... that is why I felt like the world as I knew it had come to and end. Now we heal go forward and see what we can do..... Re: [ ] Good Morning that's like the old saying.."Whjat's his is mine and what's mine is mine" Start working on that saying..I know ya feel kinda guilty but everything happens for a reason don't it?? That truck and his decision wasn't meant to be..Now you would have really felt bad if ya would have boinked him!! LOL

To me a vehicle is not a prestige thing or a thing to keep up with the on. They are a way to get from point A to point b and a liability not an asset, his work truck does need replaced and we are upside down in it. Hard not to do when he drives the miles he does. Lets face it. I don't know how not to be upside down in his trucks. Its starting to give him problems. The engine is good believe it or not its the rest of the truck thats falling apart it shifts hard with a new clutch and slave cylinder in it. Also the front fuel pump went out last week thank heaven it had dual tanks. Its always something......so its probably time to start looking before it drives us to the poor house. He can buy a new truck and before its paid for he has close to 200,000 miles on them.... but thats the nature of his job. He works anywhere from the western slopes to clear near Wyoming down South of the springs on out to s bluff NE one time. And he has had days he put nearly 400 -500 miles on the truck in a day. The right one will come when its time I just hope now we realize it. That we are not at cross purposes or so eager to please each other that we make a mistake. Re: [ ] Good Morning Good luck ..The right one will come when it is time..I have to admit I been kinda looking for another vechicle myself but WON'T buy one with out the hubby...LOL...I know when he comes in he'll want to look too..He worries about me in this one..He calls it a bucket of bolts but I tell him to feel blessed we got this one and it has lasted..Don't critize what we have but feel blessed we aren't walking!

Diane you can bother us anytime you want to..We all have problems..Goodness knows I've done enough yelling in here and crying too but we are here for you..ALWAYS remember that ok.WE love you.

Hi Everyone!!!!!

It looks like I came on to check mail at the right time. Seems I just

yesterday went thru some of the what's his is his and what he bought for

me is HIS TOO..... My hubby bought me a golf car and a paddleboat 2nd

hand to ride around the campground and lake.... He bought himself a

trolling boat with electric motor, he has a gas golf cart which was his,

a kayak with electric motor for him.... He has 2 canoes ...... 2 golf

carts one was supposed to be for me.....Altho' I knew it was actually

for him as well as the other toys. He has not given me one red cent

towards this house since he came back and buys all of this junk... Well

yesterday his kayak motor went and he started cursing at me because I

didn't say Oh you poor thing... What happened to your little toy......I

finally had enough and told him just what I did have enough of and I

came home.... ALONE.... Oh I am not allowed to have the things he bought

for ME either.... Now I have not been home to check on my house in 5

days and I had to get the mail. He said if I left that we were done

again.... Well here I am.... I left...... Oh I also forgot to say that

he put mag wheels on one golf cart ad spinners on the other one that I

drove 3 times..... Then he had the gall to say " Well you didn't say

anything about Money!!!! " HELLO!!!!!! I hinted every day but I never

actually said anything..... Well let me tell you... I said plenty

yesterday...... I told him I was coming back for my Golf Cart and

paddleboat that were bought for me and he said he would call the cops if

I did.... That just made me angrier.. Then he tells me that he is going

to go get drunk!!!!! He is a recovering Alcoholic.... Had 3 slips in 10

years...... I told him I did not care how drunk he got and I

left........ I will not go after my things because I never became

attached to them because I knew they were really for him. When people

came to visit they were not allowed to use any of his toys or ride the

golf carts...... Only the old canoe..... I let my Grandkids take out the

paddle boat and I thought he would have a heart attack...... I see that

for a lot of people that material things come first..... The time we

were separated really opened up my eyes... When we went back together

after I got so sick I saw a greedy side of him that I always knew was

there.. I am not that type of person, and I do not want to be around a

person who is so self centered and selfish!!!! Sorry for bothering

everyone with my troubles.... Felt good to vent tho' ;o.... Have a Great

Day Everyone.......... Missed You All.

Angel Hugs,

Diane

May Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Hi Diane, I'm sorry your having such a rotten time right now. You've been through so much in the short time I've been in this group. Like Jan said, vent all you want. We're here to listen.

Sharon

diane214@... wrote:

Hi Everyone!!!!! It looks like I came on to check mail at the right time. Seems I justyesterday went thru some of the what's his is his and what he bought forme is HIS TOO..... My hubby bought me a golf car and a paddleboat 2ndhand to ride around the campground and lake.... He bought himself atrolling boat with electric motor, he has a gas golf cart which was his,a kayak with electric motor for him.... He has 2 canoes ...... 2 golfcarts one was supposed to be for me.....Altho' I knew it was actuallyfor him as well as the other toys. He has not given me one red centtowards this house since he came back and buys all of this junk... Wellyesterday his kayak motor went and he started cursing at me because Ididn't say Oh you poor thing... What happened to your little toy......Ifinally had enough and told him just what I did have enough of and Icame home.... ALONE.... Oh I am not allowed to have the things he boughtfor ME either.... Now I have not been home to check on my house in 5days and I had to get the mail. He said if I left that we were doneagain.... Well here I am.... I left...... Oh I also forgot to say thathe put mag wheels on one golf cart ad spinners on the other one that Idrove 3 times..... Then he had the gall to say "Well you didn't sayanything about Money!!!!" HELLO!!!!!! I hinted every day but I neveractually said anything..... Well let me tell you... I said plentyyesterday...... I told him I was coming back for my Golf Cart andpaddleboat that were bought for me and he said he would call the cops ifI did.... That just made me angrier.. Then he tells me that he is goingto go get drunk!!!!! He is a recovering Alcoholic.... Had 3 slips in 10years...... I told him I did not care how drunk he got and Ileft........ I will not go after my things because I never becameattached to them because I knew they were really for him. When peoplecame to visit they were not allowed to use any of his toys or ride thegolf carts...... Only the old canoe..... I let my Grandkids take out thepaddle boat and I thought he would have a heart attack...... I see thatfor a lot of people that material things come first..... The time wewere separated really opened up my eyes... When we went back togetherafter I got so sick I saw a greedy side of him that I always knew wasthere.. I am not that type of person, and I do not want to be around aperson who is so self centered and selfish!!!! Sorry for botheringeveryone with my troubles.... Felt good to vent tho' ;o.... Have a GreatDay Everyone.......... Missed You All. Angel Hugs, DianeMay Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Diane welcome back I sure miss you when your away. You know we all vent from time to time. So vent all you need to.

Terry

diane214@... wrote:

Hi Everyone!!!!! It looks like I came on to check mail at the right time. Seems I justyesterday went thru some of the what's his is his and what he bought forme is HIS TOO..... My hubby bought me a golf car and a paddleboat 2ndhand to ride around the campground and lake.... He bought himself atrolling boat with electric motor, he has a gas golf cart which was his,a kayak with electric motor for him.... He has 2 canoes ...... 2 golfcarts one was supposed to be for me.....Altho' I knew it was actuallyfor him as well as the other toys. He has not given me one red centtowards this house since he came back and buys all of this junk... Wellyesterday his kayak motor went and he started cursing at me because Ididn't say Oh you poor thing... What happened to your little toy......Ifinally had enough and told him just what I did have enough of and Icame home.... ALONE.... Oh I am not allowed to have the things he boughtfor ME either.... Now I have not been home to check on my house in 5days and I had to get the mail. He said if I left that we were doneagain.... Well here I am.... I left...... Oh I also forgot to say thathe put mag wheels on one golf cart ad spinners on the other one that Idrove 3 times..... Then he had the gall to say "Well you didn't sayanything about Money!!!!" HELLO!!!!!! I hinted every day but I neveractually said anything..... Well let me tell you... I said plentyyesterday...... I told him I was coming back for my Golf Cart andpaddleboat that were bought for me and he said he would call the cops ifI did.... That just made me angrier.. Then he tells me that he is goingto go get drunk!!!!! He is a recovering Alcoholic.... Had 3 slips in 10years...... I told him I did not care how drunk he got and Ileft........ I will not go after my things because I never becameattached to them because I knew they were really for him. When peoplecame to visit they were not allowed to use any of his toys or ride thegolf carts...... Only the old canoe..... I let my Grandkids take out thepaddle boat and I thought he would have a heart attack...... I see thatfor a lot of people that material things come first..... The time wewere separated really opened up my eyes... When we went back togetherafter I got so sick I saw a greedy side of him that I always knew wasthere.. I am not that type of person, and I do not want to be around aperson who is so self centered and selfish!!!! Sorry for botheringeveryone with my troubles.... Felt good to vent tho' ;o.... Have a GreatDay Everyone.......... Missed You All. Angel Hugs, DianeMay Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Oh Diane........... your heart just has to be breaking. I am glad though that you shared with us. I have it so good compared to you. No I don't get golf carts or paddle boats or canoes or those things..... Simple pleasures are more like going camping just to sit and look at the stars at night. I wonder though if some counseling could help you sort out the issuess. I will certainly wish you all the best. Re: [ ] Good Morning Hi Everyone!!!!! It looks like I came on to check mail at the right time. Seems I justyesterday went thru some of the what's his is his and what he bought forme is HIS TOO..... My hubby bought me a golf car and a paddleboat 2ndhand to ride around the campground and lake.... He bought himself atrolling boat with electric motor, he has a gas golf cart which was his,a kayak with electric motor for him.... He has 2 canoes ...... 2 golfcarts one was supposed to be for me.....Altho' I knew it was actuallyfor him as well as the other toys. He has not given me one red centtowards this house since he came back and buys all of this junk... Wellyesterday his kayak motor went and he started cursing at me because Ididn't say Oh you poor thing... What happened to your little toy......Ifinally had enough and told him just what I did have enough of and Icame home.... ALONE.... Oh I am not allowed to have the things he boughtfor ME either.... Now I have not been home to check on my house in 5days and I had to get the mail. He said if I left that we were doneagain.... Well here I am.... I left...... Oh I also forgot to say thathe put mag wheels on one golf cart ad spinners on the other one that Idrove 3 times..... Then he had the gall to say "Well you didn't sayanything about Money!!!!" HELLO!!!!!! I hinted every day but I neveractually said anything..... Well let me tell you... I said plentyyesterday...... I told him I was coming back for my Golf Cart andpaddleboat that were bought for me and he said he would call the cops ifI did.... That just made me angrier.. Then he tells me that he is goingto go get drunk!!!!! He is a recovering Alcoholic.... Had 3 slips in 10years...... I told him I did not care how drunk he got and Ileft........ I will not go after my things because I never becameattached to them because I knew they were really for him. When peoplecame to visit they were not allowed to use any of his toys or ride thegolf carts...... Only the old canoe..... I let my Grandkids take out thepaddle boat and I thought he would have a heart attack...... I see thatfor a lot of people that material things come first..... The time wewere separated really opened up my eyes... When we went back togetherafter I got so sick I saw a greedy side of him that I always knew wasthere.. I am not that type of person, and I do not want to be around aperson who is so self centered and selfish!!!! Sorry for botheringeveryone with my troubles.... Felt good to vent tho' ;o.... Have a GreatDay Everyone.......... Missed You All. Angel Hugs, DianeMay Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Thats right. See it really is all part of kicking the Dragon in the patootie. The Dragon loves stress. We are stress busters and Dragon rear kickers here. Hugs most special hugs I wish I knew how to make you feel better ...... Re: [ ] Good Morning Diane you can bother us anytime you want to..We all have problems..Goodness knows I've done enough yelling in here and crying too but we are here for you..ALWAYS remember that ok.WE love you.

Diane we love you for your strongness...I have learned so much from you and your strength in this group and I know you will overcome this matter too..It

s always hard thinking things are going right for them to fall apart again..I know that one from experience..We have had our share of misery...I keep praying and so far things are working..Yes it is nice to have the quiet back but ok here goes a confession..I kinda miss the ole coot!! I guess I miss his complaining and aggrevating the dog..When he called last night he asked about Shakey and I said HUH he's laying on your pillow right now..He just laughed..Love to everyone!!!!!!

My favorite saying is "But it was on sale"...My husband just looks and laughs..I said but I had to have it..I needed it..He'll ask for what and beleive me I think of something but I am not a big money spender either..Even when we do have money coming in on a regular basis I still don't..He is the spender..Send him for 1 item and he comes back with 3.....

you are right about that..I remember when I was married to my last hubbyyw e got into a spat and he walked out..He came back about 10 minutes later saying I just let him go..I told him he wasn't the first man to ever walk out and he may not be the last..Who would have thought about 4 years later I was right.LOL

We sure have enough water here..Want me to send ya some? LOL.I just got finished watering the dog outside and spraying off her poop..That's a twice daily ritual...Now I need to give her a bath..She weighs 45 pounds so it should be fun don't ya think??? Oh my I think I"ll get wetter than the dog will..

Thank you all for being here for me... The best part of this group is

that no matter how long we are MIA when we come back everyone is just so

comforting and understanding!!!!! We are like one big family... ;o

United we stand.... Divided we fall!!!!!! Thank you all for catching me

and picking me up again..... One thing about me is that I refuse to give

up. Each time I have a problem I come back stronger...... I refuse to

give up.... I am sending Special Warm Hugs to all of you!!! Thank you

my special friends for being here...... Jan I sure hope everything is ok

with you... I will be praying for you and everyone else. Gosh Jan...

Does it ever end????? At least you have some peace and quiet with Floyd

working now... ;o..... not to mention the money that you need so

badly!!!!! Hang in there girl.... We are pulling for you.... You go

girl..... Terry, Sharon and .... Thanks for the moral support.

he would never go to counselling..... If he did he wouldn't be

truthful..... I know where the problems lie and I tried to work on them

but how can a marriage work when it is one sided???? Every time things

don't go his way he runs or gets drunk..... I have done my part and I

have tried more than anyone person would have...... I refused to be

cursed at by anyone..... What ever will be will be now..... I feel

stronger already....... I will make it on my own..... I want to be me

and I am not a bad person.... I refuse to let that man belittle me or

put material things before me. you are right. I used to sit out

alone by the water and look at the stars and moon..... It was so

beautiful and relaxing...... Thanks again everyone..... You are special

people!!!!

Angel Hugs,

Diane

May Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

Terry my baby Shakey weighs 6 lbs..He's full grown so I do LOVE small ones..I didn't care for Precious but she just has this lok in her eyes that you can't help but love her..We rescued her from starvation..She is greateful..She's a big baby is all but I still don't let kids around her..But in my heart 6 lbs and under is just right for me...