RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Help!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

How close are you to Pittsburgh, PA?  I live in Ohio and see a doctor at UPMC University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.  Sent from my iPhone

,Wish I could help.  How about the Cleveland Clinic?  Kudos to you for being her advocate!Marie

To: From: MO425 (AT) aol (DOT) comDate: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:44:17 -0500Subject: Help!

There's a real serious situation with one of our group members, but at this time she is having some difficulty dealing with the reality of PSC and end stage liver disease - so out of respect for her, allowing her time to cope, I will not mention her name.  However, I will continue to stress how important it is that I/we locate a hepatologist in Ohio.  I spoke to a mutual friend tonight and he said not to limit my search to the Dayton area, and pointed out that Indianapolis, Columbus, Cincinnati and a multitude of other cities are within 1-3 hour drive - of course, the closer to Dayton the better, assuming the hep is good.  So, if anyone knows a hep within a reasonable distance from Dayton, please, let me know.  Time is truly impertinent in this matter.  She needs a hep, so she can get a referral to a tx center, and get listed...now.  I'm fighting for her because she's not able to fight for herself at this time, but I'm sure most of you

here understand that and we all know how important it is to have an advocate when you're just "too pooped to party," as my mom used to say.

Thanks for any and all leads!!!

Big hugs and great appreciation,

(MO)

PSC & UC '84, chronic pancreatitis '97, tx'd Jan. 7, 2008 and doing well!

Instant access to the latest most popular FREE games while you browse with the Games Toolbar - Download Now!

Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live Click here

Guest guest

How close are you to Pittsburgh, PA?  I live in Ohio and see a doctor at UPMC University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.  Sent from my iPhone

,Wish I could help.  How about the Cleveland Clinic?  Kudos to you for being her advocate!Marie

To: From: MO425 (AT) aol (DOT) comDate: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:44:17 -0500Subject: Help!

There's a real serious situation with one of our group members, but at this time she is having some difficulty dealing with the reality of PSC and end stage liver disease - so out of respect for her, allowing her time to cope, I will not mention her name.  However, I will continue to stress how important it is that I/we locate a hepatologist in Ohio.  I spoke to a mutual friend tonight and he said not to limit my search to the Dayton area, and pointed out that Indianapolis, Columbus, Cincinnati and a multitude of other cities are within 1-3 hour drive - of course, the closer to Dayton the better, assuming the hep is good.  So, if anyone knows a hep within a reasonable distance from Dayton, please, let me know.  Time is truly impertinent in this matter.  She needs a hep, so she can get a referral to a tx center, and get listed...now.  I'm fighting for her because she's not able to fight for herself at this time, but I'm sure most of you

here understand that and we all know how important it is to have an advocate when you're just "too pooped to party," as my mom used to say.

Thanks for any and all leads!!!

Big hugs and great appreciation,

(MO)

PSC & UC '84, chronic pancreatitis '97, tx'd Jan. 7, 2008 and doing well!

Instant access to the latest most popular FREE games while you browse with the Games Toolbar - Download Now!

Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live Click here

Guest guest

She's 4.5 hours from Cleveland, so I'm guessing that makes her 6-6.5 from the Dayton area, where she lives. She feels she needs to stay close to home because she has small children. I'm trying to convince her that it can work no matter where she goes, she just needs to get tx'd, but...well, I'm still working on it.

Thank you,

Guest guest

She's 4.5 hours from Cleveland, so I'm guessing that makes her 6-6.5 from the Dayton area, where she lives. She feels she needs to stay close to home because she has small children. I'm trying to convince her that it can work no matter where she goes, she just needs to get tx'd, but...well, I'm still working on it.

Thank you,

Guest guest

I wish you were is Los Angeles, so you could be my advocate!!!Marie

To: From: MO425@...Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:58:20 -0500Subject: Re: Help!

Thank you,

See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life Click here

Guest guest

I have been going to a Greg Gibbons who is a gastroenterologist at Ohio Gastroenterlogy in Columbus Ohio for 15 years, he has a special interest in PSC, for some reason he finds it fascinating and keeps in constant contact with the Mayo Clinic. I like him. This particular group also has a doc that specializes in post liver transplant care. Ohio State in Columbus does transplants, this would be a one and half hours drive for your friend. Hope this helps.

B.

PSC 1994

Subject: Re: Help!To: Date: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 8:58 PM

She's 4.5 hours from Cleveland, so I'm guessing that makes her 6-6.5 from the Dayton area, where she lives. She feels she needs to stay close to home because she has small children. I'm trying to convince her that it can work no matter where she goes, she just needs to get tx'd, but...well, I'm still working on it.Thank you,

Guest guest

I'd do it in a heartbeat, that I can guarantee!!!

Hugs,

Re: Help!

Thank you,

See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life Click here

Guest guest

Hugs,

Thank you,

Guest guest

Hugs,

Thank you,

Guest guest

This certainly does help as it gives me a place to start with our dear member. I'm hoping to convince her that 1.5 hours is not a big deal. I'm also going to touch base with her dad again today, to enlist his help on this front. I can't thank you enough!

P.S. Other suggestions are still welcomed in case I can't convince her to drive 90 min. Please, wish me luck!

To:

Date: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 8:58 PM

Thank you,

Guest guest

This certainly does help as it gives me a place to start with our dear member. I'm hoping to convince her that 1.5 hours is not a big deal. I'm also going to touch base with her dad again today, to enlist his help on this front. I can't thank you enough!

P.S. Other suggestions are still welcomed in case I can't convince her to drive 90 min. Please, wish me luck!

To:

Date: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 8:58 PM

Thank you,

Guest guest

,I know that we all want to help this member in need and you wouldn't be there if this wasn't a very special person in ourPSC family. I don't know anything about Ohio, but have you seen this site? It list several hepatologist in Cincinnati that might be closer?http://www.healthgrades.com/local-doctors-directory/by-specialty/transplant-hepatology/ohio-ohAll my best wishes,LeeP.S. Other suggestions are still welcomed in case I can't convince her to drive 90 min. Please, wish me luck!

Guest guest

,I know that we all want to help this member in need and you wouldn't be there if this wasn't a very special person in ourPSC family. I don't know anything about Ohio, but have you seen this site? It list several hepatologist in Cincinnati that might be closer?http://www.healthgrades.com/local-doctors-directory/by-specialty/transplant-hepatology/ohio-ohAll my best wishes,LeeP.S. Other suggestions are still welcomed in case I can't convince her to drive 90 min. Please, wish me luck!

Guest guest

Guest guest

>

>

> There's a real serious situation with one of our group members, but

at this time she is having some difficulty dealing with the reality of

PSC and end stage liver disease - so out of respect for her, allowing

her time to cope, I will not mention her name.? However, I will

continue to stress how important it is that I/we locate a hepatologist

in Ohio.? I spoke to a mutual friend tonight and he said not to limit

my search to the Dayton area, and pointed out that Indianapolis,

Columbus, Cincinnati and a multitude of other cities are within 1-3

hour drive - of course, the closer to Dayton the better, assuming the

hep is good.? So, if anyone knows a hep within a reasonable distance

from Dayton, please, let?me know.? Time is truly impertinent in this

matter.? She needs a hep, so she can get a referral to a tx center,

and get listed...now.? I'm fighting for her because she's not able to

fight for herself at this time, but I'm sure most of you here

understand that and we all know how important it is to have an

advocate when you're just " too pooped to party, " ?as my mom used to say.

>

> Thanks for any and all leads!!!

>

> Big hugs and great appreciation,

>

> (MO)

> PSC & UC '84, chronic pancreatitis '97, tx'd Jan. 7, 2008 and doing

well!

>

I can recommend Dr. Lumeng and his colleagues in the liver clinic at

the Indiana University Medical Group in Indianapolis. I lived there

prior to moving to land and received excellent care and attention

from them. They also have a transplant program. It's going to be a

90 minute drive from Dayton as well. Hope that helps. Good luck.

(MD)

Crohn's ('94), PSC ('00) & Celiac's ('08)

Guest guest

>

>

>

>

>

> (MO)

well!

>

(MD)

Guest guest

>

>

>

>

>

> (MO)

well!

>

(MD)

Guest guest

Lee,

Thank you very much! I will investigate this site and see what I come up with. Cincinnati is relatively close - 45 min. to an hour.

Thank you, thank you...

I know that we all want to help this member in need and you wouldn't be there if this wasn't a very special person in our

PSC family. I don't know anything about Ohio, but have you seen this site? It list several hepatologist in Cincinnati that might be closer?

http://www.healthgrades.com/local-doctors-directory/by-specialty/transplant-hepatology/ohio-oh

All my best wishes,

Lee

Guest guest

Lee,

Thank you very much! I will investigate this site and see what I come up with. Cincinnati is relatively close - 45 min. to an hour.

Thank you, thank you...

I know that we all want to help this member in need and you wouldn't be there if this wasn't a very special person in our

PSC family. I don't know anything about Ohio, but have you seen this site? It list several hepatologist in Cincinnati that might be closer?

http://www.healthgrades.com/local-doctors-directory/by-specialty/transplant-hepatology/ohio-oh

All my best wishes,

Lee

Guest guest

Lee,

Thank you, thank you...

All my best wishes,

Lee

Guest guest

Thank you! I was just looking at the link that Lee sent me and decided to also pull up heps. in Indianapolis and was thinking how I wish I knew someone who could refer a hep, rather than take a chance on getting one that will be difficult for her to work with. The least amount of pushing and stress, the better, as you can imagine.

You all can't possibly know how relieved I am to be getting some assistance.

With gratitude,

>

>

advocate when you're just "too pooped to party,"?as my mom used to say.

>

>

>

> (MO)

well!

>

(MD)

Guest guest

Thank you! I was just looking at the link that Lee sent me and decided to also pull up heps. in Indianapolis and was thinking how I wish I knew someone who could refer a hep, rather than take a chance on getting one that will be difficult for her to work with. The least amount of pushing and stress, the better, as you can imagine.

With gratitude,

>

>

>

>

>

> (MO)

well!

>

(MD)

Guest guest

With gratitude,

>

>

>

>

>

> (MO)

well!

>

(MD)

Guest guest

;

I live in Beavercreek, OH (a suburb of Dayton) and my son goes to Dr.

Sanjay Sandhir at DigestiveCare, in Beavercreek. Dr. Sandhir picked up

right away that my son (then 17 yrs old) probably had psc (and he

does). He has been very proactive with my son's treatment and care, I

find him to be extremely intelligent, intuitive, yet gentle and kind.

He has connections with Mayo Clinic and the University of Cincinnati.

I recommend you friend to DigestiveCare. Their website is:

www.digestivecare.net

Best of luck to your friend!

Pat H.

(mom of (20);UC10/05;PSC12/05)

Guest guest

;

I live in Beavercreek, OH (a suburb of Dayton) and my son goes to Dr.

Sanjay Sandhir at DigestiveCare, in Beavercreek. Dr. Sandhir picked up

right away that my son (then 17 yrs old) probably had psc (and he

does). He has been very proactive with my son's treatment and care, I

find him to be extremely intelligent, intuitive, yet gentle and kind.

He has connections with Mayo Clinic and the University of Cincinnati.

I recommend you friend to DigestiveCare. Their website is:

www.digestivecare.net

Best of luck to your friend!

Pat H.

(mom of (20);UC10/05;PSC12/05)