RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh Mojo, thank you so much for saying that! I thought I was the only one and didn't want to say anything in case it might upset anyone. Everytime that I see a post about animals, mostly dogs, I think of her and everytime that I see the posts with all of the lupus info that she so faithfully provided everyone. I guess I just plain miss reading about her, like the last post that I got from her about her brother fixing her van.

a C

On another note: I miss . I keep missing her posts so full of life. I have been thinking about that more and more.

Mojo

----- Original Message -----

Guest guest

Oh Mojo, thank you so much for saying that! I thought I was the only one and didn't want to say anything in case it might upset anyone. Everytime that I see a post about animals, mostly dogs, I think of her and everytime that I see the posts with all of the lupus info that she so faithfully provided everyone. I guess I just plain miss reading about her, like the last post that I got from her about her brother fixing her van.

a C

On another note: I miss . I keep missing her posts so full of life. I have been thinking about that more and more.

Mojo

----- Original Message -----

Guest guest

I always wonder the same thing everytime i see that on tv. unless she will go out in the woods and change it hell who knows lol.

Love Kimi

LMBO* It's their commercial ask them! I don't want to travel down that road of imagination!Love, Becky(Brat) wrote:

Could you please tell me why any woman would have a box of those out on a canoe?? She would change them where??

Guest guest

I always wonder the same thing everytime i see that on tv. unless she will go out in the woods and change it hell who knows lol.

Love Kimi

LMBO* It's their commercial ask them! I don't want to travel down that road of imagination!Love, Becky(Brat) wrote:

Could you please tell me why any woman would have a box of those out on a canoe?? She would change them where??

Guest guest

Love Kimi

Guest guest

*LMBO* It's

their commercial ask them! I don't want to travel down that road of

imagination!

Love, Becky

(Brat) wrote:

Could you please tell me why any

woman would have a box of those out on a canoe?? She would change them

where??

"The LUPIES Store" Come check out our store...

http://www.cafepress.com/thelupies

"The LUPIES Web Page"

http://www.itzarion.com/lupusgroup.html

"The LUPIES online photo albums!"

Check out what your fellow Lupies look like...

http://www.picturetrail.com/lupies

Guest guest

*LMBO* It's

imagination!

Love, Becky

(Brat) wrote:

where??

"The LUPIES Web Page"

Guest guest

*LMBO* It's

imagination!

Love, Becky

(Brat) wrote:

where??

"The LUPIES Web Page"

Guest guest

HELLO ALL ADD ME TO THE LIST OF DOG LOVERS ! ALSO CAT'S ! 2 DOGS BANDIT AN BOO BEAR , CAT'S SUGAR PLUM, MS, KITTY, AND WELL LITTLE ONE LOL 2 OF THE CATS WELL WE FELT SORRY FOR THEM AND WERE ON THERE DEATH BED SO I AM A KITTY LOVER , AND THE DOGS WELL ONE IS OURS GERMAN /LAB OTHER ROTT IT WAS MY SISTER , GUESS I AM STILL BABYSITTING AFTER 4 YEARS LOL , NOT ! THEY ARE MY KIDS ! HUGS SHIRLEY

Guest guest

YES! Actually, I was thinking the same thing when I saw it. That is hillarious.

Mojo

Mojo

Have you seen the commercial where they guy and the girl are out in a canoe or rowboat and the boat springs a leak? And then the girl stick a tampon in the hole to stop the leak? Thats what we are talking about.

"The LUPIES Store" Come check out our store...http://www.cafepress.com/thelupies"The LUPIES Web Page"http://www.itzarion.com/lupusgroup.html"The LUPIES online photo albums!" Check out what your fellow Lupies look like...http://www.picturetrail.com/lupies

Guest guest

Hi, this is so interesting, am not saying there is any truth to it, but enjoyed reading it anyway. Love Ardie p.s. The border was on this when it came to me, so Merry Christmas

WHAT DRUGS REALLY COST Did you ever wonder how much it costs a drug company for the active ingredient in prescription medications? Some people think it must cost a lot, since many drugs sell for more than $2.00 per tablet. We did a search of offshore chemical synthesizers that supply the active ingredients found in drugs approved by the FDA. As we have revealed in past issues of Life Extension, a significant percentage of drugs sold in the United States contain active ingredients made in other countries. In our independent investigation of how much profit drug companies really make, we obtained the actual price of active ingredients used in some of the most popular drugs sold in America. The chart below speaks for itself. BRAND NAME OF DRUG--CONSUMER PRICE 100 TABS--COST OF GENERAL ACTIVE I NGREDIENTS-- PERCENT MARKUP Celebrex 100 mg $130.27 $0.60 21,712% Claritin 10 mg $215.17 $0.71 30,306% Keflex 250 mg $157.39 $1.88 8,372% Lipitor 20 mg $272.37 $5.80 4,696% Norvasc 10 mg $188.29 $0.14 134,493% Paxil 20 mg $220.27 $7.60 2,898% Prevacid 30 mg $44.77 $1.01 34,136% Prilosec 20 mg $360.97 $0.52 69,417% Prozac 20 mg $247.47 $0.11 224,973% Tenormin 50 mg $104.47 $0.13 80,362% Vasotec 10 mg & n bsp; $102.37 $0.20 51,185% Xanax 1mg $136.79 $0.024 569,958% Zestril 20 mg $89.89 $3.20 2,809% Zithromax 600mg $1,482.19 $18.78 7,892% Zocor 40mg $350.27 $8.63 & nb sp; 4,059% Zoloft 50mg $206.87 $1.75 11,821% ***** Since the cost of prescription drugs is so outrageous, I thought everyone I knew should know about this. Please read the following and pass it on. It pays to shop around. This helps to solve the mystery as to why they can afford to put a Walgreens on every corner.................. On Monday night, Steve , an investigative reporter for channel 7 News in Detro it, did a story on generic drug price gouging by pharmacies. He found in his investigation, that some of these generic drugs were marked up as much as 3,000% or more. Yes, that's not a typo..... three thousand percent! So often, we blame the drug companies for the high cost of drugs, and usually rightfully so. But in this case, the fault clearly lies with the pharmacies themselves. For example, if you had to buy a prescription drug, and bought the name brand, you might pay $100 for 100 pills. The pharmacist might tell you that if you get the generic equivalent, they would only cost $80, making you think you are "saving" $20. What the pharmacist is not telling you is that those 100 generic pills may have only cost him $10! At the end of the report, one of the anchors asked Mr. whether or not there were any pharmacies that did not adhere to this practice, and he said that Costco consistently charged little over their cost for the generic drugs. I went to the Costco site, where you can look up any drug, and get its online price. It says that the in-store prices are consistent with the online prices. I was appalled. Just to give you one example from my own experience, I had to use the drug, Compazine, which helps prevent nausea in chemo patients. I used the generic equivalent, which cost $54.99 for 60pills at CVS. I checked the price at Costco, and I! could have bought 100 pills for $19.89. For 145 of my pain pills, I paid $72.57. I could have got 150 at Costco for $28.08.I would like to mention, that although Costco is a "membership" type store, you do NOT have to be a member to buy prescriptions there, as it is a federally regulated substance. You just tell them at the door that you wish to use the pharmacy, and they will let you in. I am asking each of you to please help me by copying this letter, and pasting it into your own email, and send it to everyone you know with an email address.

Guest guest

Hi, this is so interesting, am not saying there is any truth to it, but enjoyed reading it anyway. Love Ardie p.s. The border was on this when it came to me, so Merry Christmas

WHAT DRUGS REALLY COST Did you ever wonder how much it costs a drug company for the active ingredient in prescription medications? Some people think it must cost a lot, since many drugs sell for more than $2.00 per tablet. We did a search of offshore chemical synthesizers that supply the active ingredients found in drugs approved by the FDA. As we have revealed in past issues of Life Extension, a significant percentage of drugs sold in the United States contain active ingredients made in other countries. In our independent investigation of how much profit drug companies really make, we obtained the actual price of active ingredients used in some of the most popular drugs sold in America. The chart below speaks for itself. BRAND NAME OF DRUG--CONSUMER PRICE 100 TABS--COST OF GENERAL ACTIVE I NGREDIENTS-- PERCENT MARKUP Celebrex 100 mg $130.27 $0.60 21,712% Claritin 10 mg $215.17 $0.71 30,306% Keflex 250 mg $157.39 $1.88 8,372% Lipitor 20 mg $272.37 $5.80 4,696% Norvasc 10 mg $188.29 $0.14 134,493% Paxil 20 mg $220.27 $7.60 2,898% Prevacid 30 mg $44.77 $1.01 34,136% Prilosec 20 mg $360.97 $0.52 69,417% Prozac 20 mg $247.47 $0.11 224,973% Tenormin 50 mg $104.47 $0.13 80,362% Vasotec 10 mg & n bsp; $102.37 $0.20 51,185% Xanax 1mg $136.79 $0.024 569,958% Zestril 20 mg $89.89 $3.20 2,809% Zithromax 600mg $1,482.19 $18.78 7,892% Zocor 40mg $350.27 $8.63 & nb sp; 4,059% Zoloft 50mg $206.87 $1.75 11,821% ***** Since the cost of prescription drugs is so outrageous, I thought everyone I knew should know about this. Please read the following and pass it on. It pays to shop around. This helps to solve the mystery as to why they can afford to put a Walgreens on every corner.................. On Monday night, Steve , an investigative reporter for channel 7 News in Detro it, did a story on generic drug price gouging by pharmacies. He found in his investigation, that some of these generic drugs were marked up as much as 3,000% or more. Yes, that's not a typo..... three thousand percent! So often, we blame the drug companies for the high cost of drugs, and usually rightfully so. But in this case, the fault clearly lies with the pharmacies themselves. For example, if you had to buy a prescription drug, and bought the name brand, you might pay $100 for 100 pills. The pharmacist might tell you that if you get the generic equivalent, they would only cost $80, making you think you are "saving" $20. What the pharmacist is not telling you is that those 100 generic pills may have only cost him $10! At the end of the report, one of the anchors asked Mr. whether or not there were any pharmacies that did not adhere to this practice, and he said that Costco consistently charged little over their cost for the generic drugs. I went to the Costco site, where you can look up any drug, and get its online price. It says that the in-store prices are consistent with the online prices. I was appalled. Just to give you one example from my own experience, I had to use the drug, Compazine, which helps prevent nausea in chemo patients. I used the generic equivalent, which cost $54.99 for 60pills at CVS. I checked the price at Costco, and I! could have bought 100 pills for $19.89. For 145 of my pain pills, I paid $72.57. I could have got 150 at Costco for $28.08.I would like to mention, that although Costco is a "membership" type store, you do NOT have to be a member to buy prescriptions there, as it is a federally regulated substance. You just tell them at the door that you wish to use the pharmacy, and they will let you in. I am asking each of you to please help me by copying this letter, and pasting it into your own email, and send it to everyone you know with an email address.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oh , you sound as if you are handling things very well. I wish I could do that. I also get very stressed on my job. When the bosses wife decided to stay home with the young ones they let her secretary go. She was part time. Now the wife is working on a limited basis, she belongs to several clubs and they use the office address and phone and keep the home one private. Now, I type for one of the attorneys (the busiest one), answer the phone, help out the other attorney who works full time. It doesn't sound so bad when it's written like this but believe me it is bad.

I'll take a lesson from you and try to remain calm.

barb

brian_mosher2002 wrote: Hi all,Hope everyone had a grand weekend. I finally got a chance to get started on a new stained glass window. This one has about 90 pieces, so I will be busy for a while. I just work on it a little at a time so I don't get too tired.Work is starting to get to me...not healthwise, just the work. I work for the City of San Diego, and as I'm sure you all know the State economy is in the crapper, and the governator is taking away all the city generated income to fund the state. We had layoffs a year ago, and we're getting ready to have them again in July. My job is fairly safe, but I'm having to do more work to make up for those that are gone. Right now I'm doing my job and a former co-worker's job, and they are wanting me to add on another person's job....and I think I've had enough

of feeling like I'm being taken advantage of. So far I haven't complained or even really said much. I've just been a good "team player", but now I realize that I'm the only one on the "team". I don't want to do anything rash like quit because my benefits are fantastic. I probably would have already left if I didn't have Lupus, but since I do, I feel like I really can't afford to give up the great benefits. Yet another way Lupus is forcing me to adapt.I know I'll just keep plugging along doing what I have to do, but it sure doesn't feel nice right now. I'm trying to not get angry and stressed about it so I don't flare, but they sure do make it difficult to remain serene.Hope everyone has a peaceful and productive week."The LUPIES Store" Come check out our store...http://www.cafepress.com/thelupies"The LUPIES Web Page"http://www.itzarion.com/lupusgroup.html"The LUPIES online photo albums!" Check out what your fellow Lupies look like...http://www.picturetrail.com/lupies __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Ok, math he did great in B+, same with Language Arts. Science Social Studies etc, could have gone better. He got C+'s, but I'm not complaining. His friend who is always a very good student got C's all through. Some of the kids failed some of the tests. I'm just happy this school year is over. There's a rumor that 2 kids are being left behind so I consider myself pretty lucky. Sebastian did real well, but he studied a lot.

Now it's only half days until the end of this week and that's it.

I have been pretty tired, and can't seem to find the time to rest enough. There's always something. You know how that goes. That's why I've been keeping quiet, but I'm trying to catch up with the posts.

Oh, I did get back to my weight. I lost a total of 22 pounds. I'm done, I don't need to loose more. I'm 140 and I feel just right with it. Now I'll just maintain my Weight Watchers not to gain back. I'm thrilled with that, I finally fit into all my clothes from a summer two years ago.

Mojo

Mojo

How goes it down there? How are you feeling? How are finals going?

"The LUPIES Store" Come check out our store...http://www.cafepress.com/thelupies"The LUPIES Web Page"http://www.itzarion.com/lupusgroup.html"The LUPIES online photo albums!" Check out what your fellow Lupies look like...http://www.picturetrail.com/lupies

Guest guest

Oh my goodness! They were so good I liked the banana ones especially!

Love,

:)

Guest guest

Oh my goodness! They were so good I liked the banana ones especially!

Love,

:)

Guest guest

HELLO I ALSO LIVE IN CALIFORNIA! AND NOT TO FAR AWAY, HOW FUNNY HUH! I AM SAN BERNARDINO CO (YUCK) IS IT REALLY 112 THERE ? HOW DO YOU HANDLE THAT ? THAT CARE FELLOW LUPIE HERE HUGS SHIRL

Guest guest

Well aren't you special? Just kidding. Good for you. I have a start on a tan but also have areas that are itchy. I'll catch hell from the Rhuemy if I don't get them cleared up. LOL I was planting flowers and did not realize I was getting any sun. Thought I was in the shade. Besides, even though I have had problems with being in the sun for years, going out for short periods of time have not bothered me except on my chest area. Oh well....I won't give up being outside. I just have to remember the sun screen. It's in my golf bag so I always remember it when golfing. I'll just have to tie a bottle to the door so when I go out it swings in front of me and I can go, "Oh ya, sunscreen!" LOL

How are you doing? I've been away for a while and it seems as if I've missed everything. I've at least glanced at most of the postings but just haven't been able to respond. Right now I should be upstairs rinsing out the drains. I put the Draino in over 1/2 hour ago. There are just some jobs the hubby has not done. Guess we'll have to talk.

Well, I am headed upstairs. I'll catch up with you in a while. I do hope you are doing ok. Having a C and our dear MM and Deanna all bummed out is enough.

barb

"(Brat)" wrote:

My burn has gone away and I have a very nice tan.

"The LUPIES Store" Come check out our store...http://www.cafepress.com/thelupies"The LUPIES Web Page"http://www.itzarion.com/lupusgroup.html"The LUPIES online photo albums!" Check out what your fellow Lupies look like...http://www.picturetrail.com/lupies __________________________________________________

Guest guest

Well aren't you special? Just kidding. Good for you. I have a start on a tan but also have areas that are itchy. I'll catch hell from the Rhuemy if I don't get them cleared up. LOL I was planting flowers and did not realize I was getting any sun. Thought I was in the shade. Besides, even though I have had problems with being in the sun for years, going out for short periods of time have not bothered me except on my chest area. Oh well....I won't give up being outside. I just have to remember the sun screen. It's in my golf bag so I always remember it when golfing. I'll just have to tie a bottle to the door so when I go out it swings in front of me and I can go, "Oh ya, sunscreen!" LOL

How are you doing? I've been away for a while and it seems as if I've missed everything. I've at least glanced at most of the postings but just haven't been able to respond. Right now I should be upstairs rinsing out the drains. I put the Draino in over 1/2 hour ago. There are just some jobs the hubby has not done. Guess we'll have to talk.

Well, I am headed upstairs. I'll catch up with you in a while. I do hope you are doing ok. Having a C and our dear MM and Deanna all bummed out is enough.

barb

"(Brat)" wrote:

"The LUPIES Store" Come check out our store...http://www.cafepress.com/thelupies"The LUPIES Web Page"http://www.itzarion.com/lupusgroup.html"The LUPIES online photo albums!" Check out what your fellow Lupies look like...http://www.picturetrail.com/lupies __________________________________________________

Guest guest

barb

"(Brat)" wrote: