RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Peggy,

My understanding is that the books have to be purchased and downloaded to the device. I think I've read that some devices come with a number of books already downloaded but additional books have to be bought.

I've also heard that libraries in some places have books available for temporary download. Not certain how that would work but that would be great.

They are pretty expensive although I'm sure they will come down in price. Remember how much pc's cost 10 or 15 years ago? LOL I'm just too in love with real books for this to appeal to me. I love books, I love shopping for books, I love going to the library etc etc. Down the road if I'm less able to get out I can definitely see how this would be great. It's just something I'm not ready for now.

Beth in North Carolina

Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:53:27 PMSubject: Hi group, Does anyone have an electronic book reader ? They say you can download thousands of books free and read on the go without carrying a book. I would love to get one but would like to know the pros & cons of them. She does so much for me and I would

love to get her one. maybe..lol

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."

Guest guest

Peggy... has one...

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hi group, Does anyone have an electronic book reader ? They say you can download thousands of books free and read on the go without carrying a book. I would love to get one but would like to know the pros & cons of them. She does so much for me and I would�

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, �IPF/UIP 2004

"I believe that friends are quiet angels�who lift us to our feet,�

when our wings�have trouble remembering how to fly."�

Guest guest

Yes MB, They would take the paper experience out of it. I love the feel of a book in my hand too. There are a few diff.  models so I am just investigating. I saw there is a site that you can download free. I haven't checked it out yet. Ken, Would I say I have a Mac--again--.. yep.. lol  She uses a PDA and I have never thought to ask if it has microsoft.. DUH  better find out huh.. I am sure I'll be talking to about them too.  Thanks Sher.I think I better be watching e-bay..lolLove & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Peggy,My understanding is that the books have to be purchased and downloaded to the device. I think I've read that some devices come with a number of books already downloaded but additional books have to be bought.I've also heard that libraries in some places have books available for temporary download. Not certain how that would work but that would be great. They are pretty expensive although I'm sure they will come down in price. Remember how much pc's cost 10 or 15 years ago? LOL  I'm just too in love with real books for this to appeal to me. I love books, I love shopping for books, I love going to the library etc etc. Down the road if I'm less able to get out I can definitely see how this would be great. It's just something I'm not ready for now.  Beth in North CarolinaModeratorFibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08From: Peggy To: Breathe-Support Sent: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:53:27 PMSubject:  Hi group, Does anyone have an electronic book reader ? They say you can download thousands of books free and read on the go without carrying a book. I would love to get one but would like to know the pros & cons of them. She does so much for me and I would love to get her one. maybe..lolLove & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly." <1.2996768739>

Guest guest

Peggy,

My kids bought me one for my birthday. Like Beth I wasn't sure I wanted one because I love shopping for books, reading the back covers, adding to my collection, ect.,etc. I also thought it would be too little to get used to, but remember when we all thought it would be hard to adjust to a cell phone after our big home phones and now we can't live without them? I absolutely love my jetbook. It isn't like reading a computer it is like reading a real book. Mine came with 50 books already on it ( including dictionary, world fact book and the King Bible) and it can hold up to 2,000 books. I can bookmark a page, highlight sections, save quotes, change the fonts so that I don't have to use my reading glasses and it is so easy to take anywhere I go. I love going on my beach walks and being able to carry an entire library of books to read.

Although I love the jetBook, I would recommend Amazon's Kindle. It is a little easier to download books and they let you preview books ( download the first two chapters) free. That way you never have to buy a book you don't like. What a great present, will love you for it! God bless you Peggy- R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: To: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 2:53 PM

Hi group, Does anyone have an electronic book reader ? They say you can download thousands of books free and read on the go without carrying a book. I would love to get one but would like to know the pros & cons of them. She does so much for me and I would

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

Guest guest

I have to admit the concept is intriguing. I think I would need to actually attempt to read on one to understand that they are not like reading on a computer. I intensely dislike reading long articles and such on the computer. I end up printing things to read that are longer than a one or two page magazine article.

I have heard good things about the Kindle and like the idea of being able to 'test ride' a book before buying it.

Right now they are way out of my budget range so I'll just keep loading up on my trips to the library!!

Beth in North Carolina

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2009 3:13:05 PMSubject: Re:

Peggy,

My kids bought me one for my birthday. Like Beth I wasn't sure I wanted one because I love shopping for books, reading the back covers, adding to my collection, ect.,etc. I also thought it would be too little to get used to, but remember when we all thought it would be hard to adjust to a cell phone after our big home phones and now we can't live without them? I absolutely love my jetbook. It isn't like reading a computer it is like reading a real book. Mine came with 50 books already on it ( including dictionary, world fact book and the King Bible) and it can hold up to 2,000 books. I can bookmark a page, highlight sections, save quotes, change the fonts so that I don't have to use my reading glasses and it is so easy to take anywhere I go. I love going on my beach walks and being able to carry an entire library of books to read.

Although I love the jetBook, I would recommend Amazon's Kindle. It is a little easier to download books and they let you preview books ( download the first two chapters) free. That way you never have to buy a book you don't like. What a great present, will love you for it! God bless you Peggy- R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

Subject: To: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 2:53 PM

Hi group, Does anyone have an electronic book reader ? They say you can download thousands of books free and read on the go without carrying a book. I would love to get one but would like to know the pros & cons of them. She does so much for me and I would love to get her one. maybe..lol

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

Guest guest

The one I use is an incentive spirometer and you can buy them as cheap as $5.00. I use it once a day and take 10 slow deep breaths, and rest about 30 seconds in between each breath. It seems to really help to keep my lung capacity up and keeps my lungs from getting filled with mucous. I think everyone should get one. Take care- R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

From: Bruce Moreland <brucemoreland@ gmail.com>Subject: Re: Respironics Muscle TrainerTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 10:27 AM

SherIt is the device shown here:http://pflex. respironics. com/Based on resistance it is designed to make your lungs work harder. I gotone of these in respiratory rehab along with an incentive spirometer.There are six different settings to adjust the resistance it providesyou.> >> > From: Peggy <pac17734747@ yahoo.com>> > Subject: road trip> > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > Date: Friday, January 2, 2009, 4:41 PM> >> >> >> >> > Well ya know how fast things change around here... We'releaving in> > the AM for Ms. We'll probably spend a night or two on theroad. One up> > & one back.> >> > Hope everyone has a Good First week-end of the new year..i know I'll> > be happy--- on the road. ;)> >> > Be have yourselves until I get back..> >> > Peggy 2004 IPF, Florida>

>>

Guest guest

Peggy,

It's sore but nothing that a couple of ibuprofen didn't take care of. I didn't sleep to well last night cause I'm used to sleeping on my right side and of course it wasn't comfortable to sleep on the incision and bandage on my right arm. Should be better tonight, I think I'm just going to sleep in my recliner.

How's everything in Silver Springs?

Beth in North Carolina

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, January 9, 2009 6:28:18 PMSubject: Beth, How is the arm today ? I just know that has to be sore.

Love & Prayers, Peggy

Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

Guest guest

MB

Bet now you'd tell them to do it on the left side....it's funny how we

never think of such things until we try to position. I had gotten use to

sleeping on my left side before my VATS and it sure changed that.

Guess it will be a few days before you know any more?

>

> Peggy,

> It's sore but nothing that a couple of ibuprofen didn't take care of.

I didn't sleep to well last night cause I'm used to sleeping on my right

side and of course it wasn't comfortable to sleep on the incision and

bandage on my right arm. Should be better tonight, I think I'm just

going to sleep in my recliner.

> How's everything in Silver Springs?

>

> Beth in North Carolina

> Moderator

> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> From: Peggy pac1773@...

> To: Breathe-Support

> Sent: Friday, January 9, 2009 6:28:18 PM

> Subject:

>

> Beth, How is the arm today ? I just know that has to be sore.

>

>

>

> Love & Prayers, Peggy

> Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

>

> " I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

> when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. "

>

Guest guest

Bruce,

Actually I planned it this way...LOL. The doctor wanted the skin biopsy from my right hand because that's where the rash is the worst so I decided I'd rather have both the biopsies done on the same side so that I'd have at least one arm that didn't hurt. (Not really knowing how uncomfortable I'd be). It's no big deal by tomorrow I'm just going to put a big bandaid on it and that should help. Worst case scenario is a couple of nights in the best recliner in the world!

I'm told I should have the results by next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Beth in North Carolina

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, January 9, 2009 7:27:00 PMSubject: Re:

MBBet now you'd tell them to do it on the left side....it's funny how wenever think of such things until we try to position. I had gotten use tosleeping on my left side before my VATS and it sure changed that.Guess it will be a few days before you know any more?>> Peggy,> It's sore but nothing that a couple of ibuprofen didn't take care of.I didn't sleep to well last night cause I'm used to sleeping on my rightside and of course it wasn't comfortable to sleep on the incision andbandage on my right arm. Should be better tonight, I think I'm justgoing to sleep in my recliner.> How's everything in Silver Springs?>> Beth in North Carolina>

Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08>>>>> ____________ _________ _________ __> To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> Sent: Friday, January 9, 2009 6:28:18 PM> Subject: >> Beth, How is the arm today ? I just know that has to be sore.>>>> Love & Prayers, Peggy> Florida, IPF/UIP 2004>> "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,> when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.">

Guest guest

MB

And they make it sound like its nothing. Well, of course its nothing to

them. They aren't being cut. And, certainly not life threatening. But

when you start cutting and taking pieces of me, I know its going to hurt

after. I've been told by the doctors that the skin and the muscle

biopsies are " nothing " , " you'll barely know we did anything " and I

didn't buy it for one second.

> >

> > Peggy,

> > It's sore but nothing that a couple of ibuprofen didn't take care

of.

> I didn't sleep to well last night cause I'm used to sleeping on my

right

> side and of course it wasn't comfortable to sleep on the incision and

> bandage on my right arm. Should be better tonight, I think I'm just

> going to sleep in my recliner.

> > How's everything in Silver Springs?

> >

> > Beth in North Carolina

> > Moderator

> > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ____________ _________ _________ __

> > From: Peggy pac1773@

> > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> > Sent: Friday, January 9, 2009 6:28:18 PM

> > Subject:

> >

> > Beth, How is the arm today ? I just know that has to be sore.

> >

> >

> >

> > Love & Prayers, Peggy

> > Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

> >

> > " I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

> > when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. "

> >

>

Guest guest

Bruce,

Well for me the skin biopsy really was next to "nothing". Not even a suture, just a bandaid. Today it really doesn't hurt at all.

The muscle biopsy is only slightly more uncomfortable. I took ibuprofen this morning around 10 and haven't needed it since. I may take some tonight before bed...there's nothing like trying to go to sleep to make mild discomfort unbearable.

You can't go by me though, I think I have my paternal grandmothers tolerance for pain. She was up walking around like nothing had happened 12 hours after a radical mastectomy...freaked all the nurses out. I'm not like that but things don't phase me that probably should.

Beth in North Carolina

To: Breathe-Support Sent: Friday, January 9, 2009 7:57:36 PMSubject: Re:

MBAnd they make it sound like its nothing. Well, of course its nothing tothem. They aren't being cut. And, certainly not life threatening. Butwhen you start cutting and taking pieces of me, I know its going to hurtafter. I've been told by the doctors that the skin and the musclebiopsies are "nothing", "you'll barely know we did anything" and Ididn't buy it for one second.> >> > Peggy,> > It's sore but nothing that a couple of ibuprofen didn't take careof.> I didn't sleep to well last night cause I'm used to sleeping on myright> side and of course it wasn't comfortable to sleep on the incision and> bandage on my right arm. Should be better tonight, I think I'm just> going to sleep in my recliner.> > How's everything in Silver Springs?> >> > Beth in North Carolina> > Moderator> > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08> >> >> >> >> > ____________ _________ _________ __> > From: Peggy

pac1773@> > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > Sent: Friday, January 9, 2009 6:28:18 PM> > Subject: > >> > Beth, How is the arm today ? I just know that has to be sore.> >> >> >> > Love & Prayers, Peggy> > Florida, IPF/UIP 2004> >> > "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,> > when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."> >>

Guest guest

MB

I normally have an extremely high pain tolerance, at least partly in

some way probably associated with my neuropathy which of course is of

unknown causes. The exceptions I would make to that are having lung

surgery and coming out of the anesthesia too early and the esophagus

motility study when it takes 8 tries for them to get it all the way

down. Now, I'll admit those two were beyond my threshold.

> > >

> > > Peggy,

> > > It's sore but nothing that a couple of ibuprofen didn't take care

> of.

> > I didn't sleep to well last night cause I'm used to sleeping on my

> right

> > side and of course it wasn't comfortable to sleep on the incision

and

> > bandage on my right arm. Should be better tonight, I think I'm just

> > going to sleep in my recliner.

> > > How's everything in Silver Springs?

> > >

> > > Beth in North Carolina

> > > Moderator

> > > Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ____________ _________ _________ __

> > > From: Peggy pac1773@

> > > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com

> > > Sent: Friday, January 9, 2009 6:28:18 PM

> > > Subject:

> > >

> > > Beth, How is the arm today ? I just know that has to be sore.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Love & Prayers, Peggy

> > > Florida, IPF/UIP 2004

> > >

> > > " I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,

> > > when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. "

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

LOL I am a left side sleeper too. Can't breath on my right side. My Doc said my right lung has the most disease. Funny thing is I also sleep and lay on my back to read and sleep. The back of my headgets so sore. my hair hurts.. figure that one out.. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  MBBet now you'd tell them to do it on the left side....it's funny how wenever think of such things until we try to position. I had gotten use tosleeping on my left side before my VATS and it sure changed that.Guess it will be a few days before you know any more?>> Peggy,> It's sore but nothing that a couple of ibuprofen didn't take care of.I didn't sleep to well last night cause I'm used to sleeping on my rightside and of course it wasn't comfortable to sleep on the incision andbandage on my right arm. Should be better tonight, I think I'm justgoing to sleep in my recliner.> How's everything in Silver Springs?>> Beth in North Carolina> Moderator> Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Dermatomyositis 11/08>>>>> ________________________________> To: Breathe-Support > Sent: Friday, January 9, 2009 6:28:18 PM> Subject: >> Beth, How is the arm today ? I just know that has to be sore.>>>> Love & Prayers, Peggy> Florida, IPF/UIP 2004>> "I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet,> when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.">

Guest guest

... you're so brave for doin' the "hard work" lol.

80 sounds wonderful. As you no doubt know from your daughter in Salem we've had extreme snow storms then rain. Temps jump from 26 to the 50s and back again.

Keep up the 'hard work' and enjoy!

MamaSher, age 70. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hi Peggy and Family!

I have been off line several days andjust wanted to check in. My sister Dori got sick of the frigid temperatures in Boston and decided to take a vacation to sunny California so I have been in Newport Beach since last Friday. I will be home on Wednesday and will catch up on my 100s of posts! Wow we are a prolific group. It has been in the 80s here and I have had a wonderful time eating, laughing, and sitting in the sun. It is a hard life but someone has to do it(lol). Hope everyone is fine. Love you all-

PS. My siblings came up with a new term for us. When we do goofy things instead of saying we are OD we can say we are a little "BOO" ( blond on oxygen!).

R. (52) Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 Carlsbad, California

I had my first visit with the pulmonologist today. He is not convincedthat I have pulmonary fibrosis. He wants to do a more comprehensive CTscan. He also wants to check for sleep apnea, possible reflux stilloccuring and possible autoimmune problems. He says he sincerely hopes myprimary doctor's diagnosis is not valid as pulmonary fibrosis is trulyawful.I should be excited but I am still exhausted and all the stuff I wasbefore I went to him. It will be three weeks before I see him again. Ihave been sick in one way or another for so long. I am worn out with it.Anyway, I'll let you guys know the deal after further tests and thefollow-up visit. Thanks for all your support.My primary doctor told me he was positive of the diagnosis. Onward andupward! To infinity and beyond.Lark

Guest guest

Caution, BOO BOO BOO,  Love that. I am so glad you got the sun catchin, gabbin, laughin good time job. You so deserve it. I know you are lovin having your sister there. I'll bet she will have a hard time going back to the frozen north country.. BBBBUUUUURRRRRR  I've been missing your posts. I just thought you were is school.. Glad it was fun time. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Hi Peggy and Family!    I have been off line several days andjust wanted to check in.  My sister Dori got sick of the frigid temperatures in Boston and decided to take a vacation to sunny California so I have been in Newport Beach since last Friday.  I will be home on Wednesday and will catch up on my 100s of posts!  Wow we are a prolific group.  It has been in the 80s here and I have had a wonderful time eating, laughing, and sitting in the sun.  It is a hard life but someone has to do it(lol).  Hope everyone is fine.  Love you all-   PS.  My siblings came up with a new term for us.  When we do goofy things instead of saying we are OD we can say we are a little "BOO" ( blond on oxygen!).  R. (52)  Sarcoid/PF  3/2006   Carlsbad, California I had my first visit with the pulmonologist today. He is not convincedthat I have pulmonary fibrosis. He wants to do a more comprehensive CTscan. He also wants to check for sleep apnea, possible reflux stilloccuring and possible autoimmune problems. He says he sincerely hopes myprimary doctor's diagnosis is not valid as pulmonary fibrosis is trulyawful.I should be excited but I am still exhausted and all the stuff I wasbefore I went to him. It will be three weeks before I see him again. Ihave been sick in one way or another for so long. I am worn out with it.Anyway, I'll let you guys know the deal after further tests and thefollow-up visit. Thanks for all your support.My primary doctor told me he was positive of the diagnosis. Onward andupward! To infinity and beyond.Lark

Guest guest

Heya ,

Isn't that funny....you're been taking a break from the Cold in 80F sun while I've been taking a break from the heat in quite cold Tassie!

Love the BOO label...one for Princess HH's collection of Blond Material.....

Good to hear from you....

GIO

> > > > > > I had my first visit with the pulmonologist today. He is not convinced> that I have pulmonary fibrosis. He wants to do a more comprehensive CT> scan. He also wants to check for sleep apnea, possible reflux still> occuring and possible autoimmune problems. He says he sincerely hopes my> primary doctor's diagnosis is not valid as pulmonary fibrosis is truly> awful.> > I should be excited but I am still exhausted and all the stuff I was> before I went to him. It will be three weeks before I see him again. I> have been sick in one way or another for so long. I am worn out with it.> > Anyway, I'll let you guys know the deal after further tests and the> follow-up visit. Thanks for all your support.> > My primary doctor told me he was positive of the diagnosis. Onward and> upward! To infinity and beyond.> > Lark>

Guest guest

...I like that BOO...since I'm

"blond" and on O2

it fits perfectly!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

denise randel wrote:

Hi Peggy and Family!

I have been off

line several days andjust wanted to check in. My sister Dori got sick

of the frigid temperatures in Boston and decided to take a vacation to

sunny California so I have been in Newport Beach since last Friday. I

will be home on Wednesday and will catch up on my 100s of posts! Wow

we are a prolific group. It has been in the 80s here and I have had a

wonderful time eating, laughing, and sitting in the sun. It is a hard

life but someone has to do it(lol). Hope everyone is fine. Love you

all-

PS. My siblings came

up with a new term for us. When we do goofy things instead of saying

we are OD we can say we are a little "BOO" ( blond on oxygen!).

I had my first visit with the pulmonologist today. He is not convinced

that I have pulmonary fibrosis. He wants to do a more comprehensive CT

scan. He also wants to check for sleep apnea, possible reflux still

occuring and possible autoimmune problems. He says he sincerely hopes my

primary doctor's diagnosis is not valid as pulmonary fibrosis is truly

awful.

I should be excited but I am still exhausted and all the stuff I was

before I went to him. It will be three weeks before I see him again. I

have been sick in one way or another for so long. I am worn out with it.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know the deal after further tests and the

follow-up visit. Thanks for all your support.

My primary doctor told me he was positive of the diagnosis. Onward and

upward! To infinity and beyond.

Lark

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.9/1902 - Release Date: 1/19/2009 9:37 AM

Guest guest

"blond" and on O2

it fits perfectly!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

No, NSIP was not

Potter,

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

Vinca

denise randel wrote:

Hi Peggy and Family!

I have been off

all-

PS. My siblings came

awful.

Lark

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.9/1902 - Release Date: 1/19/2009 9:37 AM

Guest guest

"blond" and on O2

it fits perfectly!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

No, NSIP was not

Potter,

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna

Vinca

denise randel wrote:

Hi Peggy and Family!

I have been off

all-

PS. My siblings came

awful.

Lark

Guest guest

Of course BOO could also stand for BRUNETTES on O2!

Dark-Haired SGIO> >> >> > I had my first visit with the pulmonologist today. He is not convinced> > that I have pulmonary fibrosis. He wants to do a more comprehensive CT> > scan. He also wants to check for sleep apnea, possible reflux still> > occuring and possible autoimmune problems. He says he sincerely> > hopes my> > primary doctor's diagnosis is not valid as pulmonary fibrosis is truly> > awful.> >> > I should be excited but I am still exhausted and all the stuff I was> > before I went to him. It will be three weeks before I see him again. I> > have been sick in one way or another for so long. I am worn out> > with it.> >> > Anyway, I'll let you guys know the deal after further tests and the> > follow-up visit. Thanks for all your support.> >> > My primary doctor told me he was positive of the diagnosis. Onward and> > upward! To infinity and beyond.> >> > Lark> >> >> >> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------> >> >> > No virus found in this incoming message.> > Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com > > Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.9/1902 - Release Date: 1/19/2009 9:37 AM> >> >>

Guest guest

Well the beauty of this Board is that you get lots of 8 minutes worth of home grown wisdom & warmth & all for FREE!

Look Mr/Ms/ Miss Dr. Shrink there's no such thing as 'MUSN'T' .. we all

need to say whatever words FIT.. if we're squaring up then TERMINAL is

a word we need to absorb... yes LIFE is Terminal.... I have never heard

of ANYONE surviving LIFE... BUT when one is told that one has a health

condition that CAN lead to death one has to blinkin' well ABSORB the

news..... give a girl a BREAK!

I always think of the time I was taught how to get a car out of a

skid... the rule was to back off on the urge to slam on the

brakes...... go WITH the car.. move into the motion of the skid

& GENTLY apply the brakes to pull the car back out......

THAT's what a healthy dose of the 'Downers' does... that's what being

negative is about... how can you come UP unless you've been DOWN!

NOW of course it's horrid to get stuck in a DOWNER 'cos you miss out on too much FUN!

How to climb back up is the Tricky bit...... YOU are in charge of that

process....you must have a bag of tricks up your sleeve by this stage

in your life.....

Black Humour is one that works for me! So does a good Lindt Choccie but

BUGGA I'm on an Addiction diet right now.... a good Lindt Choccie

hasn't touched my lips for months.. writing about it helps.. I can SEE

it, imagine it... almost taste it but I DARE not go near it! SERIOUSLY!

I reckon it's possible to get addicted to being 'Down' too.....years

ago I experienced that after my firt hubby died... I haven't always

been hopelessly cheerful & scilly! I called myself the 'President

of the Voluntarily Depressed Society' when people asked how I was with

that LOOK that told you they didn't really want to know!

Crikey what IS it about you lot this morn' I'm typing away like I'm on

a dose of 'Quick Fingers'..... tried the chemical way out... hated the

shakes... stopped taking 'em & eventually got so BORED with myself

that I resigned my Presidential position & took up LIVING

again!

Now just remember you're not dead yet Blue Flyer... & besides

you'll have plenty of time to be out of action when you are.. SO......

get on with LIVING while you are ALIVE! I mean it'd be pretty awful to

sit watching the Clock & Calendar counting down the days m'dear!

I want to hear some tales of FUN & FRIVOLITY!

SOON!

Hugs,

in Oz (GIO & SGIO when I'm being Scilly!)

IPF: Fibrotic NSIP/UIP?????

Raynauds'

May 2007

Ro52

May 2008

>>

! You have brought a smile and a warm heart to me every time I read

your posts! I thank you for that! I went to see my shrink yesterday

morning - I see him for 8 minutes every 3 months too- and I told him

about having PF and that I was aware that it was a terminal illness and

he said: what do you mean by Terminal? I started to laugh. Anyway, I

told him I was going to National Jewish and I'm not so sure he knows

what it is but he ended our session saying..."When you first came in

you were so negative. I mean you mustn't say that you are going to die

from an illness. You could get hit by a bus! They could come up with a

treatment. It is just so dour to say you are going to die from

something. We are all going to die!" And, I started to laugh again.

Crazy world isn't it? Actually I haven't laughed so hard in a while. A

psychiatrist preaching denial. Ahahahahahahahahhaha Well, I do hope

they do come up with something helpful but there are no busses where I

live. Ahahahahahahahha Thank you everyone for helping me regain my

sense of humor and especially to you, . Blue Flyer AZ IPF 11-08>

Guest guest

Oh , You make me laugh and want to go in the craft room and paint again! I am an oil painter and have sold-though I don't know that that makes you any more an artist! I stopped painting when my husband was murdered. All creativity just left me...but lately I have noticed my "eye" is back....You make me laugh at myself and that is what it is all ab out! I love black humor too! Just keep telling ne to get up and live! Because that is what I fully intend to do! I need to go out and work in my garden and go to my political functions and out to lunch with my friends. My aerobics classes begin again on Thursday and will show up to aerobics with my o2 tank on my back ready to jump around! I decided to stop swearing at my hose in the house and my back pack but to be grateful they have such a thing as oxygen! Count my blessings! I am alive and well today and that is all that matters! Blue Flyer AZ IPF 11-08

Re:

Well the beauty of this Board is that you get lots of 8 minutes worth of home grown wisdom & warmth & all for FREE!Look Mr/Ms/ Miss Dr. Shrink there's no such thing as 'MUSN'T' .. we all need to say whatever words FIT.. if we're squaring up then TERMINAL is a word we need to absorb... yes LIFE is Terminal.... I have never heard of ANYONE surviving LIFE... BUT when one is told that one has a health condition that CAN lead to death one has to blinkin' well ABSORB the news..... give a girl a BREAK!I always think of the time I was taught how to get a car out of a skid... the rule was to back off on the urge to slam on the brakes...... go WITH the car.. move into the motion of the skid & GENTLY apply the brakes to pull the car back out......THAT's what a healthy dose of the 'Downers' does... that's what being negative is about... how can you come UP unless you've been DOWN!NOW of course it's horrid to get stuck in a DOWNER 'cos you miss out on too much FUN!How to climb back up is the Tricky bit...... YOU are in charge of that process....you must have a bag of tricks up your sleeve by this stage in your life.....Black Humour is one that works for me! So does a good Lindt Choccie but BUGGA I'm on an Addiction diet right now.... a good Lindt Choccie hasn't touched my lips for months.. writing about it helps.. I can SEE it, imagine it... almost taste it but I DARE not go near it! SERIOUSLY!I reckon it's possible to get addicted to being 'Down' too.....years ago I experienced that after my firt hubby died... I haven't always been hopelessly cheerful & scilly! I called myself the 'President of the Voluntarily Depressed Society' when people asked how I was with that LOOK that told you they didn't really want to know!Crikey what IS it about you lot this morn' I'm typing away like I'm on a dose of 'Quick Fingers'..... tried the chemical way out... hated the shakes... stopped taking 'em & eventually got so BORED with myself that I resigned my Presidential position & took up LIVING again!Now just remember you're not dead yet Blue Flyer... & besides you'll have plenty of time to be out of action when you are.. SO...... get on with LIVING while you are ALIVE! I mean it'd be pretty awful to sit watching the Clock & Calendar counting down the days m'dear!I want to hear some tales of FUN & FRIVOLITY!SOON!Hugs, in Oz (GIO & SGIO when I'm being Scilly!)IPF: Fibrotic NSIP/UIP?????Raynauds'May 2007Ro52May 2008 >> ! You have brought a smile and a warm heart to me every time I read your posts! I thank you for that! I went to see my shrink yesterday morning - I see him for 8 minutes every 3 months too- and I told him about having PF and that I was aware that it was a terminal illness and he said: what do you mean by Terminal? I started to laugh. Anyway, I told him I was going to National Jewish and I'm not so sure he knows what it is but he ended our session saying..."When you first came in you were so negative. I mean you mustn't say that you are going to die from an illness. You could get hit by a bus! They could come up with a treatment. It is just so dour to say you are going to die from something. We are all going to die!" And, I started to laugh again. Crazy world isn't it? Actually I haven't laughed so hard in a while. A psychiatrist preaching denial. Ahahahahahahahahhaha Well, I do hope they do come up with something helpful but there are no busses where I live. Ahahahahahahahha Thank you everyone for helping me regain my sense of humor and especially to you, . Blue Flyer AZ IPF 11-08>

Guest guest

Oh , You make me laugh and want to go in the craft room and paint again! I am an oil painter and have sold-though I don't know that that makes you any more an artist! I stopped painting when my husband was murdered. All creativity just left me...but lately I have noticed my "eye" is back....You make me laugh at myself and that is what it is all ab out! I love black humor too! Just keep telling ne to get up and live! Because that is what I fully intend to do! I need to go out and work in my garden and go to my political functions and out to lunch with my friends. My aerobics classes begin again on Thursday and will show up to aerobics with my o2 tank on my back ready to jump around! I decided to stop swearing at my hose in the house and my back pack but to be grateful they have such a thing as oxygen! Count my blessings! I am alive and well today and that is all that matters! Blue Flyer AZ IPF 11-08

Re:

Well the beauty of this Board is that you get lots of 8 minutes worth of home grown wisdom & warmth & all for FREE!Look Mr/Ms/ Miss Dr. Shrink there's no such thing as 'MUSN'T' .. we all need to say whatever words FIT.. if we're squaring up then TERMINAL is a word we need to absorb... yes LIFE is Terminal.... I have never heard of ANYONE surviving LIFE... BUT when one is told that one has a health condition that CAN lead to death one has to blinkin' well ABSORB the news..... give a girl a BREAK!I always think of the time I was taught how to get a car out of a skid... the rule was to back off on the urge to slam on the brakes...... go WITH the car.. move into the motion of the skid & GENTLY apply the brakes to pull the car back out......THAT's what a healthy dose of the 'Downers' does... that's what being negative is about... how can you come UP unless you've been DOWN!NOW of course it's horrid to get stuck in a DOWNER 'cos you miss out on too much FUN!How to climb back up is the Tricky bit...... YOU are in charge of that process....you must have a bag of tricks up your sleeve by this stage in your life.....Black Humour is one that works for me! So does a good Lindt Choccie but BUGGA I'm on an Addiction diet right now.... a good Lindt Choccie hasn't touched my lips for months.. writing about it helps.. I can SEE it, imagine it... almost taste it but I DARE not go near it! SERIOUSLY!I reckon it's possible to get addicted to being 'Down' too.....years ago I experienced that after my firt hubby died... I haven't always been hopelessly cheerful & scilly! I called myself the 'President of the Voluntarily Depressed Society' when people asked how I was with that LOOK that told you they didn't really want to know!Crikey what IS it about you lot this morn' I'm typing away like I'm on a dose of 'Quick Fingers'..... tried the chemical way out... hated the shakes... stopped taking 'em & eventually got so BORED with myself that I resigned my Presidential position & took up LIVING again!Now just remember you're not dead yet Blue Flyer... & besides you'll have plenty of time to be out of action when you are.. SO...... get on with LIVING while you are ALIVE! I mean it'd be pretty awful to sit watching the Clock & Calendar counting down the days m'dear!I want to hear some tales of FUN & FRIVOLITY!SOON!Hugs, in Oz (GIO & SGIO when I'm being Scilly!)IPF: Fibrotic NSIP/UIP?????Raynauds'May 2007Ro52May 2008 >> ! You have brought a smile and a warm heart to me every time I read your posts! I thank you for that! I went to see my shrink yesterday morning - I see him for 8 minutes every 3 months too- and I told him about having PF and that I was aware that it was a terminal illness and he said: what do you mean by Terminal? I started to laugh. Anyway, I told him I was going to National Jewish and I'm not so sure he knows what it is but he ended our session saying..."When you first came in you were so negative. I mean you mustn't say that you are going to die from an illness. You could get hit by a bus! They could come up with a treatment. It is just so dour to say you are going to die from something. We are all going to die!" And, I started to laugh again. Crazy world isn't it? Actually I haven't laughed so hard in a while. A psychiatrist preaching denial. Ahahahahahahahahhaha Well, I do hope they do come up with something helpful but there are no busses where I live. Ahahahahahahahha Thank you everyone for helping me regain my sense of humor and especially to you, . Blue Flyer AZ IPF 11-08>

Guest guest

Re:

Guest guest

Well I'll tell you a true happy experance. My Dr. ask if i had completely given up the idea of transplant, i said yes haslearned to bake the best carrot cake and if I died and wanted a piece of it I would be SOOOOO ticked. She laughed and said You do whatever makes you happy. Just keep up the happy.. I just hate it when our peeps are suffering. This is a monster of a disease.Light stuff for you--- March 13 we are having a get together in Orlando for a few days. Can I just tell you how exciting that will be.?? It can't come fast enough for me. I am trying to think of something to do for everyone. I will before time.You take care and keep the smiles coming to us.. Love & Prayers, PeggyFlorida,  IPF/UIP 2004"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."  Well the beauty of this Board is that you get lots of 8 minutes worth of home grown wisdom & warmth & all for FREE!Look Mr/Ms/ Miss Dr. Shrink there's no such thing as 'MUSN'T' .. we all need to say whatever words FIT.. if we're squaring up then TERMINAL is a word we need to absorb... yes LIFE is Terminal.... I have never heard of ANYONE surviving LIFE... BUT when one is told that one has a health condition that CAN lead to death one has to blinkin' well ABSORB the news..... give a girl a BREAK!I always think of the time I was taught how to get a car out of a skid... the rule was to back off on the urge to slam on the brakes...... go  WITH the car.. move into the motion of the skid & GENTLY apply the brakes to pull the car back out......THAT's what a healthy dose of the 'Downers' does... that's what being negative is about... how can you come UP unless you've been DOWN!NOW of course it's horrid to get stuck in a DOWNER 'cos you miss out on too much FUN!How to climb back up is the Tricky bit...... YOU are in charge of that process....you must have a bag of tricks up your sleeve by this stage in your life.....Black Humour is one that works for me! So does a good Lindt Choccie but BUGGA I'm on an Addiction diet right now.... a good Lindt Choccie hasn't touched my lips for months.. writing about it helps.. I can SEE it, imagine it... almost taste it but I DARE not go near it! SERIOUSLY!I reckon it's possible to get addicted to being 'Down' too.....years ago I experienced that after my firt hubby died... I haven't always been hopelessly cheerful & scilly! I called myself the 'President of the Voluntarily Depressed Society' when people asked how I was with that LOOK that told you they didn't really want to know!Crikey what IS it about you lot this morn' I'm typing away like I'm on a dose of 'Quick Fingers'..... tried the chemical way out... hated the shakes... stopped taking 'em & eventually got so BORED with myself that I resigned my Presidential position & took up LIVING  again!Now just remember you're not dead yet Blue Flyer... & besides you'll have plenty of time to be out of action when you are.. SO...... get on with LIVING while you are ALIVE! I mean it'd be pretty awful to sit watching the Clock & Calendar counting down the days m'dear!I want to hear some tales of FUN & FRIVOLITY!SOON!Hugs, in Oz (GIO & SGIO when I'm being Scilly!)IPF: Fibrotic NSIP/UIP?????Raynauds'May 2007Ro52May 2008 >> ! You have brought a smile and a warm heart to me every time I read your posts! I thank you for that! I went to see my shrink yesterday morning - I see him for 8 minutes every 3 months too- and I told him about having PF and that I was aware that it was a terminal illness and he said: what do you mean by Terminal? I started to laugh. Anyway, I told him I was going to National Jewish and I'm not so sure he knows what it is but he ended our session saying..."When you first came in you were so negative. I mean you mustn't say that you are going to die from an illness. You could get hit by a bus! They could come up with a treatment. It is just so dour to say you are going to die from something. We are all going to die!" And, I started to laugh again. Crazy world isn't it? Actually I haven't laughed so hard in a while. A psychiatrist preaching denial. Ahahahahahahahahhaha Well, I do hope they do come up with something helpful but there are no busses where I live. Ahahahahahahahha Thank you everyone for helping me regain my sense of humor and especially to you, . Blue Flyer AZ IPF 11-08>