RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: GF Cup O Soup

Rate this topic

Guest guest

But if we were use the flavor packet enclosed would it still be gluten free?

Mimi in snowy NH

bsmcgarry wrote:

I found

a GF cup-o-soup type product in Railey's in the international

foods isle. It's called Thai Kitchen, Rice Noodle Bowl, it comes in

several thai flavors and comes in a plastic bowl with a cardboard

cover. The best part is that the flavorings are in a little plastic

bag, not already mixed with the noodles, so I leave them out and add a

chicken boulion cube when I add the hot water and I have instant (3

min) chicken cup-o-soup. I carry one ( & a cube) with me when I travel.

their web is www.thaikitchen.com 1-800-967-THAI. I'm not sure if this

is new to everyone or just me. Enjoy.

Guest guest

But if we were use the flavor packet enclosed would it still be gluten free?

Mimi in snowy NH

bsmcgarry wrote:

I found

a GF cup-o-soup type product in Railey's in the international

foods isle. It's called Thai Kitchen, Rice Noodle Bowl, it comes in

several thai flavors and comes in a plastic bowl with a cardboard

cover. The best part is that the flavorings are in a little plastic

bag, not already mixed with the noodles, so I leave them out and add a

chicken boulion cube when I add the hot water and I have instant (3

min) chicken cup-o-soup. I carry one ( & a cube) with me when I travel.

their web is www.thaikitchen.com 1-800-967-THAI. I'm not sure if this

is new to everyone or just me. Enjoy.

Guest guest

Yes, I eat them quite a bit.

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:50:18 -0500, Ian's Mimi wrote

> But if we were use the flavor packet enclosed would it still be gluten free?

> > Mimi in snowy NH

> > bsmcgarry wrote:

>

I found a GF cup-o-soup type product in Railey's in the international > foods isle.  It's called Thai Kitchen, Rice Noodle Bowl, it comes in > several thai flavors and comes in a plastic bowl with a cardboard > cover.  The best part is that the flavorings are in a little plastic > bag, not already mixed with the noodles, so I leave them out and add a > chicken boulion cube when I add the hot water and I have instant (3 > min) chicken cup-o-soup. I carry one ( & a cube) with me when I travel. > their web is www.thaikitchen.com 1-800-967-THAI. I'm not sure if this > is new to everyone or just me.  Enjoy.   > >

> >

Guest guest

The flavor pack is also gluten free. I like the garlic or onion flavors

(but not the others so much). I don't do chicken, so I like them just

the way they are. But, the cup of chicken noodle soup thing is an

interesting idea. :)

>

> But if we were use the flavor packet enclosed would it still be

gluten free?

Guest guest

Yes! The package states that it is Gluten & Egg Free!

> >

>

> I found a GF cup-o-soup type product in Railey's in the

international

> > foods isle.  It's called Thai Kitchen, Rice Noodle Bowl, it

comes in

> > several thai flavors and comes in a plastic bowl with a cardboard

> > cover.  The best part is that the flavorings are in a little

plastic

> > bag, not already mixed with the noodles, so I leave them out and

add a

> > chicken boulion cube when I add the hot water and I have instant

(3

> > min) chicken cup-o-soup. I carry one ( & a cube) with me when I

travel.

> > their web is www.thaikitchen.com 1-800-967-THAI. I'm not sure if

this

> > is new to everyone or just me.  Enjoy.  

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Thai Kitchen soups are labeled gluten free, even with the spice

packet.

That being said, it is still a processed soup and loaded with salt. I

like most of the flavors, but limit how often I have them or other

soups. Now that my body is absorbing more good and bad nutrients, I

try and watch those things. It would be my luck to end up with high

blood psi, lol.

Mike in MA

>

> > I found a GF cup-o-soup type product in Railey's in the

international

> > foods isle. It's called Thai Kitchen, Rice Noodle Bowl, it comes

in

> > several thai flavors and comes in a plastic bowl with a cardboard

> > cover. The best part is that the flavorings are in a little

plastic

> > bag, not already mixed with the noodles, so I leave them out and

add a

> > chicken boulion cube when I add the hot water and I have instant

(3

> > min) chicken cup-o-soup. I carry one ( & a cube) with me when I

travel.

> > their web is www.thaikitchen.com 1-800-967-THAI. I'm not sure if

this

> > is new to everyone or just me. Enjoy.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

We eat the Lemongrass one and the Curry one.....yummmmmmm! And they make it also in a Ramen Noodle style packaging...you don't pay for the bowl that way. I get them at Whole Foods for $.69. Have a whole drawer full of them at work! : ) kathibsmcgarry wrote: Yes! The package states that it is Gluten & Egg Free!> >> > I found a GF

cup-o-soup type product in Railey's in the international> > foods isle. It's called Thai Kitchen, Rice Noodle Bowl, it comes in> > several thai flavors and comes in a plastic bowl with a cardboard> > cover. The best part is that the flavorings are in a little plastic> > bag, not already mixed with the noodles, so I leave them out and add a> > chicken boulion cube when I add the hot water and I have instant (3> > min) chicken cup-o-soup. I carry one ( & a cube) with me when I travel.> > their web is www.thaikitchen.com 1-800-967-THAI. I'm not sure if this> > is new to everyone or just me. Enjoy. > >> > > >> >

Guest guest

We eat the Lemongrass one and the Curry one.....yummmmmmm! And they make it also in a Ramen Noodle style packaging...you don't pay for the bowl that way. I get them at Whole Foods for $.69. Have a whole drawer full of them at work! : ) kathibsmcgarry wrote: Yes! The package states that it is Gluten & Egg Free!> >> > I found a GF

cup-o-soup type product in Railey's in the international> > foods isle. It's called Thai Kitchen, Rice Noodle Bowl, it comes in> > several thai flavors and comes in a plastic bowl with a cardboard> > cover. The best part is that the flavorings are in a little plastic> > bag, not already mixed with the noodles, so I leave them out and add a> > chicken boulion cube when I add the hot water and I have instant (3> > min) chicken cup-o-soup. I carry one ( & a cube) with me when I travel.> > their web is www.thaikitchen.com 1-800-967-THAI. I'm not sure if this> > is new to everyone or just me. Enjoy. > >> > > >> >

Guest guest

Thai Kitchen labels their food pretty clearly on front and/or in bold near ingredient list. There are several that are GF (the Roasted Garlic, Lemon Grass, Spring Onion all are GF) - these also come packaged similar to Ramen Noodle soup. They also make Thai Pad boxed noodle dinners that are GF. (I like most of the flavors except the Spring Onion is nasty so I don't use the seasonings. Also the seasonings are in like two or three little packets all contained in a little sealed cellophane pouch.

:-) in VA

But if we were use the flavor packet enclosed would it still be gluten free?Mimi in snowy NHbsmcgarry wrote:

I found a GF cup-o-soup type product in Railey's in the international foods isle. It's called Thai Kitchen, Rice Noodle Bowl, it comes in several thai flavors and comes in a plastic bowl with a cardboard cover. The best part is that the flavorings are in a little plastic bag, not already mixed with the noodles, so I leave them out and add a chicken boulion cube when I add the hot water and I have instant (3 min) chicken cup-o-soup. I carry one ( & a cube) with me when I travel. their web is www.thaikitchen.com 1-800-967-THAI. I'm not sure if this is new to everyone or just me. Enjoy.

Guest guest

Thai Kitchen labels their food pretty clearly on front and/or in bold near ingredient list. There are several that are GF (the Roasted Garlic, Lemon Grass, Spring Onion all are GF) - these also come packaged similar to Ramen Noodle soup. They also make Thai Pad boxed noodle dinners that are GF. (I like most of the flavors except the Spring Onion is nasty so I don't use the seasonings. Also the seasonings are in like two or three little packets all contained in a little sealed cellophane pouch.

But if we were use the flavor packet enclosed would it still be gluten free?Mimi in snowy NHbsmcgarry wrote:

I found a GF cup-o-soup type product in Railey's in the international foods isle. It's called Thai Kitchen, Rice Noodle Bowl, it comes in several thai flavors and comes in a plastic bowl with a cardboard cover. The best part is that the flavorings are in a little plastic bag, not already mixed with the noodles, so I leave them out and add a chicken boulion cube when I add the hot water and I have instant (3 min) chicken cup-o-soup. I carry one ( & a cube) with me when I travel. their web is www.thaikitchen.com 1-800-967-THAI. I'm not sure if this is new to everyone or just me. Enjoy.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Speaking of the Ramen noodle packaged one, when I was younger I would eat raman noodles not as soup, but just the noodles and the seasoning packet. YUM. Is this possible to do with these as well?

From: SillyYaks [mailto:SillyYaks ] On Behalf Of Kathi SandlerSent: Monday, January 23, 2006 6:06 PMTo: SillyYaks Subject: Re: Re: GF Cup O Soup

We eat the Lemongrass one and the Curry one.....yummmmmmm! And they make

it also in a Ramen Noodle style packaging...you don't pay for the bowl that way. I get

them at Whole Foods for $.69. Have a whole drawer full of them at work! : )

kathibsmcgarry wrote:

Yes! The package states that it is Gluten & Egg Free!> >> > I found a GF cup-o-soup type product in Railey's in the international> > foods isle. It's called Thai Kitchen, Rice Noodle Bowl, it comes in> > several thai flavors and comes in a plastic bowl with a cardboard> > cover. The best part is that the flavorings are in a little plastic> > bag, not already mixed with the noodles, so I leave them out and add a> > chicken boulion cube when I add the hot water and I have instant (3> > min) chicken cup-o-soup. I carry one ( & a cube) with me when I travel.> > their web is www.thaikitchen.com 1-800-967-THAI. I'm not sure if this> > is new to everyone or just me. Enjoy. > >> > > >> >

Guest guest

Speaking of the Ramen noodle packaged one, when I was younger I would eat raman noodles not as soup, but just the noodles and the seasoning packet. YUM. Is this possible to do with these as well?

From: SillyYaks [mailto:SillyYaks ] On Behalf Of Kathi SandlerSent: Monday, January 23, 2006 6:06 PMTo: SillyYaks Subject: Re: Re: GF Cup O Soup

it also in a Ramen Noodle style packaging...you don't pay for the bowl that way. I get

kathibsmcgarry wrote:

Yes! The package states that it is Gluten & Egg Free!> >> > I found a GF cup-o-soup type product in Railey's in the international> > foods isle. It's called Thai Kitchen, Rice Noodle Bowl, it comes in> > several thai flavors and comes in a plastic bowl with a cardboard> > cover. The best part is that the flavorings are in a little plastic> > bag, not already mixed with the noodles, so I leave them out and add a> > chicken boulion cube when I add the hot water and I have instant (3> > min) chicken cup-o-soup. I carry one ( & a cube) with me when I travel.> > their web is www.thaikitchen.com 1-800-967-THAI. I'm not sure if this> > is new to everyone or just me. Enjoy. > >> > > >> >

Guest guest

kathibsmcgarry wrote:

Guest guest

I cook the noodles drain off any left over water and either add seasoning or sometime spaghetti sauce. Tastes great and I love it when they are on clearance.

(my non-celiac kids like ramen made as noodles and not soup too.)

RE: Re: GF Cup O Soup

kathibsmcgarry wrote:

Guest guest

I cook the noodles drain off any left over water and either add seasoning or sometime spaghetti sauce. Tastes great and I love it when they are on clearance.

kathibsmcgarry wrote:

Guest guest

kathibsmcgarry wrote:

Guest guest

ME TOO! I thought I was the only freak that did that! I had them every day one summer in junior high. :o)

--Trudy San , CA "People who believe in absurdities will eventually commit atrocities." ~Voltaire

-------------- Original message --------------

kathibsmcgarry wrote:

Guest guest

ME TOO! I thought I was the only freak that did that! I had them every day one summer in junior high. :o)

--Trudy San , CA "People who believe in absurdities will eventually commit atrocities." ~Voltaire

kathibsmcgarry wrote:

Guest guest

kathibsmcgarry wrote:

Guest guest

I make them with about one third to one half the water it calls for and let them sit for a longer than they say. The longer they sit, the softer they get and the more "soup" they absorb. It's easier to eat that way too. Be sure to squish the crap out of the noodles before you open the package too. Otherwise you'll get 18" long noodles!! kathitverzosa@... wrote: ME TOO! I thought I was the only freak that did that! I had them every day one summer in junior high. :o) --Trudy San , CA "People who believe in absurdities will eventually commit atrocities." ~Voltaire -------------- Original message -------------- Speaking of the Ramen noodle packaged one, when I was younger I would eat raman noodles not as soup, but just the noodles and the seasoning packet. YUM. Is this possible to do with these as well? From: SillyYaks [mailto:SillyYaks ] On Behalf Of Kathi SandlerSent: Monday, January 23, 2006 6:06 PMTo: SillyYaks Subject: Re: Re: GF Cup O Soup We eat the Lemongrass one and the Curry one.....yummmmmmm! And they make it

also in a Ramen Noodle style packaging...you don't pay for the bowl that way. I get them at Whole Foods for $.69. Have a whole drawer full of them at work! : ) kathibsmcgarry wrote: Yes! The package states that it is Gluten & Egg Free!> >> > I found a GF cup-o-soup type product in Railey's in the international> > foods isle. It's called

Thai Kitchen, Rice Noodle Bowl, it comes in> > several thai flavors and comes in a plastic bowl with a cardboard> > cover. The best part is that the flavorings are in a little plastic> > bag, not already mixed with the noodles, so I leave them out and add a> > chicken boulion cube when I add the hot water and I have instant (3> > min) chicken cup-o-soup. I carry one ( & a cube) with me when I travel.> > their web is www.thaikitchen.com 1-800-967-THAI. I'm not sure if this> > is new to everyone or just me. Enjoy. > >> > > >> >

Guest guest

I make them with about one third to one half the water it calls for and let them sit for a longer than they say. The longer they sit, the softer they get and the more "soup" they absorb. It's easier to eat that way too. Be sure to squish the crap out of the noodles before you open the package too. Otherwise you'll get 18" long noodles!! kathitverzosa@... wrote: ME TOO! I thought I was the only freak that did that! I had them every day one summer in junior high. :o) --Trudy San , CA "People who believe in absurdities will eventually commit atrocities." ~Voltaire -------------- Original message -------------- Speaking of the Ramen noodle packaged one, when I was younger I would eat raman noodles not as soup, but just the noodles and the seasoning packet. YUM. Is this possible to do with these as well? From: SillyYaks [mailto:SillyYaks ] On Behalf Of Kathi SandlerSent: Monday, January 23, 2006 6:06 PMTo: SillyYaks Subject: Re: Re: GF Cup O Soup We eat the Lemongrass one and the Curry one.....yummmmmmm! And they make it

also in a Ramen Noodle style packaging...you don't pay for the bowl that way. I get them at Whole Foods for $.69. Have a whole drawer full of them at work! : ) kathibsmcgarry wrote: Yes! The package states that it is Gluten & Egg Free!> >> > I found a GF cup-o-soup type product in Railey's in the international> > foods isle. It's called

Thai Kitchen, Rice Noodle Bowl, it comes in> > several thai flavors and comes in a plastic bowl with a cardboard> > cover. The best part is that the flavorings are in a little plastic> > bag, not already mixed with the noodles, so I leave them out and add a> > chicken boulion cube when I add the hot water and I have instant (3> > min) chicken cup-o-soup. I carry one ( & a cube) with me when I travel.> > their web is www.thaikitchen.com 1-800-967-THAI. I'm not sure if this> > is new to everyone or just me. Enjoy. > >> > > >> >

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oh, no.You are not the only freak. In fact, I don't know anyone who actually eats it as soup! ;-)

From: SillyYaks [mailto:SillyYaks ] On Behalf Of tverzosa@...Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:39 PMTo: SillyYaks Subject: RE: Re: GF Cup O Soup

kathibsmcgarry wrote:

Guest guest

Oh, no.You are not the only freak. In fact, I don't know anyone who actually eats it as soup! ;-)

From: SillyYaks [mailto:SillyYaks ] On Behalf Of tverzosa@...Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:39 PMTo: SillyYaks Subject: RE: Re: GF Cup O Soup

kathibsmcgarry wrote: