RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Pluerisy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Why of why has this come back????? I want to cry. I just had it for the second time in life back in Septemeber! I think it could be from being indoors too much.

I have had pluerisy many many times and it seems to happen when I am around someone who has a cold. I never get a cold but plurisy I do. It hurts very bad. I don't get it from not being outside.

My God Mother was a nurse for many years and she said many people come to ER thinking it is a heart attack.

Some nurses and Doc's don't even know what it is. Carol in fla

Guest guest

Why of why has this come back????? I want to cry. I just had it for the second time in life back in Septemeber! I think it could be from being indoors too much.

I have had pluerisy many many times and it seems to happen when I am around someone who has a cold. I never get a cold but plurisy I do. It hurts very bad. I don't get it from not being outside.

My God Mother was a nurse for many years and she said many people come to ER thinking it is a heart attack.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Carol:

Thanks for your input there. I am pretty irritated since I don't even go out and fun to catch a pluerisy. I only ever leave the house to see a doctor. I just wonder how many germs those docs and sick patients are carrying. Grrr.

I knoe EXACTLY what you mean. I sometimes have months that I don't leave the house.I was so surprised to even see another person that has or has had pluerisy.I went years not knowing what was wrong. All the ER visits and they said I pulled a breathing muscle.

Went to my Dad's doctor and he took ex-rays then called my hubby and I into his office with the xray up. He explained what I had. IT was cute,then my son was 4 and saw breast on the xray and covered his eyes.

I had it on one lung and went through the steroids and pain pills then 2 weeks later I started feeling it again on the other side and wanted to go Christmas shopping with hubby and went to get in the car and had that stabbing feeling bad aand told hubby sorry I could not go. I called my Doc crying at his house. He was so sweet telling me it would be okay and he would call everything in for me. I loved that Doctor but he died of cancer at age 58.My Dad has been lost without him. My Dad started going to him when he first became a Doctor.

What I do when I had to go to a new doc I just told him what it was and what I needed.When I got it one of or both my boys had colds. Mostly my youngest. HE is in 6th grade now and is not stuck in one class with sick kids all day,

I sure do feel for you and hope you get better soon. Carol in Fla :-)

Guest guest

Carol:

Thanks for your input there. I am pretty irritated since I don't even go out and fun to catch a pluerisy. I only ever leave the house to see a doctor. I just wonder how many germs those docs and sick patients are carrying. Grrr.

I knoe EXACTLY what you mean. I sometimes have months that I don't leave the house.I was so surprised to even see another person that has or has had pluerisy.I went years not knowing what was wrong. All the ER visits and they said I pulled a breathing muscle.

Went to my Dad's doctor and he took ex-rays then called my hubby and I into his office with the xray up. He explained what I had. IT was cute,then my son was 4 and saw breast on the xray and covered his eyes.

I had it on one lung and went through the steroids and pain pills then 2 weeks later I started feeling it again on the other side and wanted to go Christmas shopping with hubby and went to get in the car and had that stabbing feeling bad aand told hubby sorry I could not go. I called my Doc crying at his house. He was so sweet telling me it would be okay and he would call everything in for me. I loved that Doctor but he died of cancer at age 58.My Dad has been lost without him. My Dad started going to him when he first became a Doctor.

What I do when I had to go to a new doc I just told him what it was and what I needed.When I got it one of or both my boys had colds. Mostly my youngest. HE is in 6th grade now and is not stuck in one class with sick kids all day,

Guest guest

Carol:

Guest guest

leoloverswife@... wrote: Why of why has this come back????? I want to cry. I just had it for the second time in life back in Septemeber! I think it could be from being indoors too much. I have had pluerisy many many times and it seems to happen when I am around someone who has a cold. I never get a cold but plurisy I do. It hurts very bad. I don't get it from not being outside.

My God Mother was a nurse for many years and she said many people come to ER thinking it is a heart attack. Some nurses and Doc's don't even know what it is. Carol in fla ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carol: Thanks for your input there. I am pretty irritated since I don't even go out and fun to catch a pluerisy. I only ever leave the house to see a doctor. I just wonder how many germs those docs and sick patients are carrying. Grrr. Now...that my second doc in two months left town...I have to find another one to presribe an Advair disk. More stress...its such a horrible thing. The regular doc I went to knew what it was...but I didn't know that until I got there, and was VERY worried she wouldn't. But she was cool...and now I'm once again afraid the new doc...whoever that is

gonna be, won't. I still haven't gotten my file ported across town and haven't met the new guy yet. I hope I don't embarrass myself trying to score another the disk. ITS so frustrating. ~E:)

~EG Connecticut Total-T 16 months ago / 37.5 mg Synthetic/120mg Armour since August 7th

Yahoo! Shopping Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo! Shopping

Guest guest

leoloverswife@... wrote: Why of why has this come back????? I want to cry. I just had it for the second time in life back in Septemeber! I think it could be from being indoors too much. I have had pluerisy many many times and it seems to happen when I am around someone who has a cold. I never get a cold but plurisy I do. It hurts very bad. I don't get it from not being outside.

My God Mother was a nurse for many years and she said many people come to ER thinking it is a heart attack. Some nurses and Doc's don't even know what it is. Carol in fla ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carol: Thanks for your input there. I am pretty irritated since I don't even go out and fun to catch a pluerisy. I only ever leave the house to see a doctor. I just wonder how many germs those docs and sick patients are carrying. Grrr. Now...that my second doc in two months left town...I have to find another one to presribe an Advair disk. More stress...its such a horrible thing. The regular doc I went to knew what it was...but I didn't know that until I got there, and was VERY worried she wouldn't. But she was cool...and now I'm once again afraid the new doc...whoever that is

gonna be, won't. I still haven't gotten my file ported across town and haven't met the new guy yet. I hope I don't embarrass myself trying to score another the disk. ITS so frustrating. ~E:)

~EG Connecticut Total-T 16 months ago / 37.5 mg Synthetic/120mg Armour since August 7th

Guest guest

Your note means a lot to me. This pain ON top of everything else just makes me want to cry for a million years.

I KNOW . I have enough injuries and things wrong. Having to breath so softly not to feel like you are being stabbed. I fell a few months ago in the middle of the night. I had a migrane earlier and turned off all the lights and asked for noone to disturb me. I got up much later in the pitch dark to the restroom and down I went not seeing a shoe my cat must have moved. Fell on my right side on a tile floor. There was a big flash of light and then I said OUCH. Did not go to ER because I had a scheduked appointment anyway that morning. I broke 2 ribs and bruised my worse knee and most my side. That is like pluersy x 10. Did not help my messed up spine or neck either.

Never wish pluersy on anyone. Carol in Fla

Guest guest

Let me see it was about 50 years ago she had it and every time she has a chest xray they ask her about that scar tissue.

I'm surprised they knew what it was that long ago when I have to tell Doctors what it is. I have not had any scaring so far visible by xray. Carol in fla

Guest guest

Let me see it was about 50 years ago she had it and every time she has a chest xray they ask her about that scar tissue.

I'm surprised they knew what it was that long ago when I have to tell Doctors what it is. I have not had any scaring so far visible by xray. Carol in fla

Guest guest

So What can I say about Doc's now adays.

it's what we can't say but sometimes feel like it.lol carol in fla

Guest guest

So What can I say about Doc's now adays.

it's what we can't say but sometimes feel like it.lol carol in fla

Guest guest

I had one puff of the disk left...and took a puff last night. I felt better this morning...but the extreme stabs are back with a vegence

Are you on steroid pills? That is the only way I can get rid of it. They become very inflamed and anti=biotics don't work and a muscle relaxer. Carol in fla

Guest guest

I had one puff of the disk left...and took a puff last night. I felt better this morning...but the extreme stabs are back with a vegence

Are you on steroid pills? That is the only way I can get rid of it. They become very inflamed and anti=biotics don't work and a muscle relaxer. Carol in fla

Guest guest

leoloverswife@... wrote: I knoe EXACTLY what you mean. I sometimes have months that I don't leave the house.I was so surprised to even see another person that has or has had pluerisy.I went years not knowing what was wrong. All the ER visits and they said I pulled a breathing muscle. A BREATHING muscle! Now...that is hysterically funny. Gosh...YOU should know its not good to make someone laugh who is suffering with the dreaded

pleuirsy. Tsk..tsk. :) Your note means a lot to me. This pain ON top of everything else just makes me want to cry for a million years. I know you can get it from trauma too...and I have to say, earlier this week my DO cracked my back, pouncing so hard while I was laying face down, I swore the jerk was gonna kill me. I felt like the wind got knocked out of me. I walked away feeling pretty beat up. That night...that's when I couldn't get comfortable and felt like there was chards of glass floating around in my chest and lungs. He's been doing this for six months....TWICE I've come down with the pluerisy while seeing him. Hmmmnnn. Why do these things always pop up over a weekend....or at the worst times? ~E:)

Guest guest

Maybe its because my back and neck are out...and have been for some time. That is why I go to the DO...and it help only sometimes. My meds just cause the worst muscles spasms.

Kinda same here. Hit by a drunk driver I have 2 herniated disc in my neck and 2 in my lower back and pinched nerves everywhere and too many other injuries to bore you. I loved having my back cracked but he won't touch me now.

stairs,oh stairs.I fell down basement stairs in N.C. because I thought it was the bathrrom door,fractured my tailbone. Fell down our old townhome stairs when my knee went out on me. Was knocked out. My hubby came,so I heard walking down the stairs and telling me to stop playing.He was in uniform ready to go to work. He calls on his Deputy radio for Ems. Next thing I knew I looked up and was all strapped down and hubby's whole squad was standing over me. They cleared k=mart parking lot and took me into the helicopter which I don't remember. Then to trauma having everything cut of me and a million docs over me.

My parents went to pick my oldest son from school. He was in 6th grade. Then after a few minutes in the car he asked if I was dead. Poor thing. So needless to say we had a house built. One story.

NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN THIS HOUSE. Carol in Fla

Guest guest

Maybe its because my back and neck are out...and have been for some time. That is why I go to the DO...and it help only sometimes. My meds just cause the worst muscles spasms.

Kinda same here. Hit by a drunk driver I have 2 herniated disc in my neck and 2 in my lower back and pinched nerves everywhere and too many other injuries to bore you. I loved having my back cracked but he won't touch me now.

stairs,oh stairs.I fell down basement stairs in N.C. because I thought it was the bathrrom door,fractured my tailbone. Fell down our old townhome stairs when my knee went out on me. Was knocked out. My hubby came,so I heard walking down the stairs and telling me to stop playing.He was in uniform ready to go to work. He calls on his Deputy radio for Ems. Next thing I knew I looked up and was all strapped down and hubby's whole squad was standing over me. They cleared k=mart parking lot and took me into the helicopter which I don't remember. Then to trauma having everything cut of me and a million docs over me.

My parents went to pick my oldest son from school. He was in 6th grade. Then after a few minutes in the car he asked if I was dead. Poor thing. So needless to say we had a house built. One story.

NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN THIS HOUSE. Carol in Fla

Guest guest

Do you take muscle relaxer? Does that work? Which one?

When I first found out what it was yes,the doc said I needed flexaril.

Right now because of my injuries I take soma and davorcet. much less than a pain doc had me on,falling asleep standing up.

The muscle relaxer is for you when you breath. carol in fla

Guest guest

Hi , My mother had pluerisy when she was pregnant with my sister but that was goodness years ago, but did you know that you can get scar tissue from it and it will stay with you for the rest of your life and it makes it easier for you to redevelop this disease over and over again. Let me see it was about 50 years ago she had it and every time she has a chest xray they ask her about that scar tissue. She had to sleep sitting up for 9 months cause of it. Turned out my sister had breathing problems from it and could not stand to have a fan on in the room or she instantly got sick. Tinaleoloverswife@... wrote: In a message dated 12/11/2005 1:15:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,

lyongillespie@... writes: Carol: Thanks for your input there. I am pretty irritated since I don't even go out and fun to catch a pluerisy. I only ever leave the house to see a doctor. I just wonder how many germs those docs and sick patients are carrying. Grrr. I knoe EXACTLY what you mean. I sometimes have months that I don't leave the house.I was so surprised to even see another person that has or has had pluerisy.I went years not knowing what was wrong. All the ER visits and they said I pulled a breathing muscle. Went to my Dad's doctor and he took ex-rays then called my hubby and I into his office with the xray up. He explained what I had. IT was cute,then my son was 4 and saw breast on the

xray and covered his eyes. I had it on one lung and went through the steroids and pain pills then 2 weeks later I started feeling it again on the other side and wanted to go Christmas shopping with hubby and went to get in the car and had that stabbing feeling bad aand told hubby sorry I could not go. I called my Doc crying at his house. He was so sweet telling me it would be okay and he would call everything in for me. I loved that Doctor but he died of cancer at age 58.My Dad has been lost without him. My Dad started going to him when he first became a Doctor. What I do when I had to go to a new doc I just told him what it was and what I needed.When I got it one of or both my boys had colds. Mostly my youngest. HE is in 6th grade now and is not stuck in one class with sick kids all day, I sure do feel for you and hope you get better soon. Carol in Fla :-)

Tina JJOIPPKOOUNUJOP'IUJK0--9UTINA MK-099-99\OP'[-0 I]9IKI099 U[

Guest guest

LOL but what can you say about Doc's today. My Mom is very accident prone and at work (Hershey Chocolate Factory) she had he arm pulled into a roller machine . They had to do surgery and take bone out of her hip to put in her wrist. Well needless to say months later she fell 10 ft off a ladder and hurt her ribs or should I say broke . Well of course they were worried about her back and hips where she landed on the concrete they took xrays and and saw they empty space in her hip and kept asking if her hip hurt she kept saying no my ribs hurt this went back and forth about 5 or 6 times of them looking at the xrays and asking about her hip till I said mom you need to tell them they took that bone out of your hip I think they are thinking it fell down to your ankle and as soon as she explained they were fine and we could go home. So What can I say about Doc's now adays. leoloverswife@... wrote: Let me see it was about 50 years ago she had it and every time she has a chest xray they ask her about that scar tissue. I'm surprised they knew what it was that long ago when I have to tell Doctors what it is. I have not had any scaring so far visible by xray. Carol in fla

Guest guest

LOL but what can you say about Doc's today. My Mom is very accident prone and at work (Hershey Chocolate Factory) she had he arm pulled into a roller machine . They had to do surgery and take bone out of her hip to put in her wrist. Well needless to say months later she fell 10 ft off a ladder and hurt her ribs or should I say broke . Well of course they were worried about her back and hips where she landed on the concrete they took xrays and and saw they empty space in her hip and kept asking if her hip hurt she kept saying no my ribs hurt this went back and forth about 5 or 6 times of them looking at the xrays and asking about her hip till I said mom you need to tell them they took that bone out of your hip I think they are thinking it fell down to your ankle and as soon as she explained they were fine and we could go home. So What can I say about Doc's now adays. leoloverswife@... wrote: Let me see it was about 50 years ago she had it and every time she has a chest xray they ask her about that scar tissue. I'm surprised they knew what it was that long ago when I have to tell Doctors what it is. I have not had any scaring so far visible by xray. Carol in fla

Guest guest

lmbo oh your so right...lolleoloverswife@... wrote: So What can I say about Doc's now adays. it's what we can't say but sometimes feel like it.lol carol in fla

Guest guest

Tina Hummel wrote: Hi , My mother had pluerisy when she was pregnant with my sister but that was goodness years ago, but did you know that you can get scar tissue from it and it will stay with you for the rest of your life and it makes it easier for you to redevelop this disease over and over again. Let me see it was about 50 years ago she had it and every time she has a chest xray they ask her about that scar tissue. She had to sleep sitting up for 9 months cause of it. Turned out my sister had breathing problems from it and could not stand to have a fan on in the room or she instantly got sick. TinaTina: I'm sorry to hear about your poor mom. That had to be hard particularly while pregnant! My Goodness! My heart goes out to her. I hope mine is mild and I won't develop scar tissue. That whole repetitive thing sounds like a nightmare. ITS very hard to sleep with the pluerisy...I can understand why she had to stay sitting up. Once you lie down..the pain just cranks right up. Its easier to sit up. I'm going to have to get my humidifier going...cuz the dry air is just killing me. I'm not looking forward to a damp cold room though. YIKES. Thanks for sharing your story. VERY interesting. ~E:)

Guest guest

Tina Hummel wrote: Hi , My mother had pluerisy when she was pregnant with my sister but that was goodness years ago, but did you know that you can get scar tissue from it and it will stay with you for the rest of your life and it makes it easier for you to redevelop this disease over and over again. Let me see it was about 50 years ago she had it and every time she has a chest xray they ask her about that scar tissue. She had to sleep sitting up for 9 months cause of it. Turned out my sister had breathing problems from it and could not stand to have a fan on in the room or she instantly got sick. TinaTina: I'm sorry to hear about your poor mom. That had to be hard particularly while pregnant! My Goodness! My heart goes out to her. I hope mine is mild and I won't develop scar tissue. That whole repetitive thing sounds like a nightmare. ITS very hard to sleep with the pluerisy...I can understand why she had to stay sitting up. Once you lie down..the pain just cranks right up. Its easier to sit up. I'm going to have to get my humidifier going...cuz the dry air is just killing me. I'm not looking forward to a damp cold room though. YIKES. Thanks for sharing your story. VERY interesting. ~E:)