RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

iodine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

wow. I'm going to dig deeper...

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Sun, March 6, 2011 3:08:15 PMSubject: Re: Re: Iodine

When I was pregnant with my son I had a bunch of skin tags form in my arm pits. After he was born they went away. At birth we found out that I have three sets of rare recessive platelets and my immune system was attacking his dominant platelets as he was forming inside me. He was born with a critically low count of platelets and he had to have platelet transfusions and IVIG transfusions for a week after he was born. After 4 days he started to form platelets on his own and was able to go home within a week.

My skin tags went away after he was born and I have not had any more since. Oddly enough I also had a rash on both hands that went away while I was pregnant with Stan, but the rash came back again after he was born.

I don't get sick very often and when I do I usually get well quite quickly. I think both skin tags and my rash have something to do with my immune system.

Cheryl, can you tell me what you know about moles and and tags? They run on my mom's side. I have them. My boys have them. They're popping up more and more on the boys as they get older. I always wondered if it was a sign of something (my mother's side of the family is c-r-a-zy....lol, but seriously...) Is it a sign of deficiency? -tammy

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Sun, March 6, 2011 11:49:47 AMSubject: Re: Iodine

A speedy metabolism is good as long as the nutrients are being utilized. If he is having to eat 10 thousand calories to function, it might be too speedy. If he is eating just a little above normal(swimming burns those calories!) and he has no issues then its probably good. If muscles are good-well defined not soft, digestion is good, energy level is good, skin(no moles,tags,rashes) hair and nails are normal, no colds, flu or allergy. No worm sign. No depression, anxiety, irrational fears. No OCD, hyper or manic behavior. Little to no body fat. Regular sleep patterns. If all of those are good a person is probably healthy. Someone else may have a different definition of healthy, thats mine. So look at the body as a package of all those areas, then decide if you see complete health or there might be diet changes ( learn about oxalates and goitrogens, others depending on symptoms) or vitamins, minerals

needed to reach it. Healthy people tend to not have the halide buildup in cells, so they are already more Iodine saturated. There isnt the need to do the high dose Iodine protocol. The 12.5 mg is usually recommended as a maintenance dosage, you may need less because you weigh less. If you have issues you may need more, and/or diet changes. Iodine supplementation still needs to be in conjunction with a comprehensive nutritional program including minerals and vitamins or the equivelent in food. Cheryl>> I think so. We are all

pretty thin. I am the heaviest looking in the family and I'm 5'6" 120 lbs. My son is very thin 4'8" 60 lbs. He has a killer metabolism but needs iodine to offset all his pool ( chlorine ) exposure. For me it caused die off and then made me feel better.> > Sent from my iPhone >

Guest guest

Cheryl,

Okay, so are you telling me that if I paint iodine on my thighs and rump it will

help with my cellulite? ;)

Cause that sounds fabulous!

Sent from my iPhone,

Please pardon typos.

Amie

Guest guest

Cheryl,

Okay, so are you telling me that if I paint iodine on my thighs and rump it will

Sent from my iPhone,

Please pardon typos.

Amie

Guest guest

Cheryl,

Sent from my iPhone,

Please pardon typos.

Amie

Guest guest

lol Well, it may address the root cause of your cellulite because iodine painted

over fat does provide a slow steady absorbtion for the entire body. But

cellulite isnt a skin condition. Its a connective tissue and fat condition.

Permeable connective tissue. Full of holes or herniations where fat pushes thru.

Probably (maybe, depends on several factors) estrogen dominance created from

slightly off (or way off) thyroid hormone levels. So the iodine (and vits and

minerals and good food) would balance the hormones to create a healthier body

that is able to process rather than store fat so the cellulite would be

eliminated.

Cheryl

>

> Cheryl,

> Okay, so are you telling me that if I paint iodine on my thighs and rump it

will help with my cellulite? ;)

> Cause that sounds fabulous!

>

> Sent from my iPhone,

> Please pardon typos.

> Amie

>

Guest guest

lol Well, it may address the root cause of your cellulite because iodine painted

Permeable connective tissue. Full of holes or herniations where fat pushes thru.

eliminated.

Cheryl

>

> Cheryl,

>

> Sent from my iPhone,

> Please pardon typos.

> Amie

>

Guest guest

eliminated.

Cheryl

>

> Cheryl,

>

> Sent from my iPhone,

> Please pardon typos.

> Amie

>

Guest guest

yes I started a detox tea and suddenly had them come out but my joints felt better, I mentioned it to my sons LLMD (lyme literate medical dr) and he said it was one of the symptoms of lyme. I started treatment and they have gone away

Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2011 5:59 PM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: RE: Re: Iodine

Christel,What is LLMD? Also, did you have the little red bumps, or more of the skin tag-type things? Very interesting!

- Kirk-

To: mb12 valtrex From: revchristelking@...Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:46:20 -0500Subject: Re: Re: Iodine

I had this with lyme and with treatment they flare and then go away....I would strongly suggest looking into an LLMD

Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2011 1:35 PM

Tammy,I had to laugh at your post. I have a lot of little skin-tag-ish moles too, and lots of those tiny raised red ones. My mom has them too, and like you, my mom's side is also crazy with a capital C. Maybe we should look into this! :)

- Kirk-

To: mb12 valtrex From: t.lynn28@...Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 09:47:49 -0800Subject: Re: Re: Iodine

Cheryl, can you tell me what you know about moles and and tags? They run on my mom's side. I have them. My boys have them. They're popping up more and more on the boys as they get older. I always wondered if it was a sign of something (my mother's side of the family is c-r-a-zy....lol, but seriously...) Is it a sign of deficiency? -tammy

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Sun, March 6, 2011 11:49:47 AMSubject: Re: Iodine A speedy metabolism is good as long as the nutrients are being utilized. If he is having to eat 10 thousand calories to function, it might be too speedy. If he is eating just a little above normal(swimming burns those calories!) and he has no issues then its probably good. If muscles are good-well defined not soft, digestion is good, energy level is good, skin(no moles,tags,rashes) hair and nails are normal, no colds, flu or allergy. No worm sign. No depression, anxiety, irrational fears. No OCD, hyper or manic behavior. Little to no body fat. Regular sleep patterns. If all of those are good a person is probably healthy. Someone else may have a different definition of healthy, thats mine. So look at the body as a package of all those areas, then decide if you see complete health or there might be diet changes ( learn about oxalates and goitrogens, others depending on symptoms) or vitamins, minerals needed to reach it. Healthy people tend to not have the halide buildup in cells, so they are already more Iodine saturated. There isnt the need to do the high dose Iodine protocol. The 12.5 mg is usually recommended as a maintenance dosage, you may need less because you weigh less. If you have issues you may need more, and/or diet changes. Iodine supplementation still needs to be in conjunction with a comprehensive nutritional program including minerals and vitamins or the equivelent in food. Cheryl>> I think so. We are all pretty thin. I am the heaviest looking in the family and I'm 5'6" 120 lbs. My son is very thin 4'8" 60 lbs. He has a killer metabolism but needs iodine to offset all his pool ( chlorine ) exposure. For me it caused die off and then made me feel better.> > Sent from my iPhone >

Guest guest

yes I started a detox tea and suddenly had them come out but my joints felt better, I mentioned it to my sons LLMD (lyme literate medical dr) and he said it was one of the symptoms of lyme. I started treatment and they have gone away

Christel,What is LLMD? Also, did you have the little red bumps, or more of the skin tag-type things? Very interesting!

- Kirk-

To: mb12 valtrex From: revchristelking@...Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:46:20 -0500Subject: Re: Re: Iodine

I had this with lyme and with treatment they flare and then go away....I would strongly suggest looking into an LLMD

Tammy,I had to laugh at your post. I have a lot of little skin-tag-ish moles too, and lots of those tiny raised red ones. My mom has them too, and like you, my mom's side is also crazy with a capital C. Maybe we should look into this! :)

- Kirk-

To: mb12 valtrex From: t.lynn28@...Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 09:47:49 -0800Subject: Re: Re: Iodine

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Sun, March 6, 2011 11:49:47 AMSubject: Re: Iodine A speedy metabolism is good as long as the nutrients are being utilized. If he is having to eat 10 thousand calories to function, it might be too speedy. If he is eating just a little above normal(swimming burns those calories!) and he has no issues then its probably good. If muscles are good-well defined not soft, digestion is good, energy level is good, skin(no moles,tags,rashes) hair and nails are normal, no colds, flu or allergy. No worm sign. No depression, anxiety, irrational fears. No OCD, hyper or manic behavior. Little to no body fat. Regular sleep patterns. If all of those are good a person is probably healthy. Someone else may have a different definition of healthy, thats mine. So look at the body as a package of all those areas, then decide if you see complete health or there might be diet changes ( learn about oxalates and goitrogens, others depending on symptoms) or vitamins, minerals needed to reach it. Healthy people tend to not have the halide buildup in cells, so they are already more Iodine saturated. There isnt the need to do the high dose Iodine protocol. The 12.5 mg is usually recommended as a maintenance dosage, you may need less because you weigh less. If you have issues you may need more, and/or diet changes. Iodine supplementation still needs to be in conjunction with a comprehensive nutritional program including minerals and vitamins or the equivelent in food. Cheryl>> I think so. We are all pretty thin. I am the heaviest looking in the family and I'm 5'6" 120 lbs. My son is very thin 4'8" 60 lbs. He has a killer metabolism but needs iodine to offset all his pool ( chlorine ) exposure. For me it caused die off and then made me feel better.> > Sent from my iPhone >

Guest guest

- Kirk-

- Kirk-

Guest guest

skin tags are a symptom of bartonella.

> > >

> > > I think so. We are all pretty thin. I am the heaviest looking in

> > the family and I'm 5'6 " 120 lbs. My son is very thin 4'8 " 60 lbs.

> > He has a killer metabolism but needs iodine to offset all his pool

> > ( chlorine ) exposure. For me it caused die off and then made me

> > feel better.

> > >

> > > Sent from my iPhone

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

skin tags are a symptom of bartonella.

> > >

> > > I think so. We are all pretty thin. I am the heaviest looking in

> > the family and I'm 5'6 " 120 lbs. My son is very thin 4'8 " 60 lbs.

> > He has a killer metabolism but needs iodine to offset all his pool

> > ( chlorine ) exposure. For me it caused die off and then made me

> > feel better.

> > >

> > > Sent from my iPhone

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Hi Cheryl, my 6-year old son has finally put on a few pounds in the last couple of months, but since then I've noticed a slight dimpling on his butt, like cellulite. I'm really surprised to see that on a young, thin boy. Could this be an estrogen imbalance? What should I do about it?

lol Well, it may address the root cause of your cellulite because iodine painted over fat does provide a slow steady absorbtion for the entire body. But cellulite isnt  skin condition. Its a connective tissue and fat condition. Permeable connective tissue. Full of holes or herniations where fat pushes thru.

Probably (maybe, depends on several factors) estrogen dominance created from slightly off (or way off) thyroid hormone levels. So the iodine (and vits and minerals and good food) would balance the hormones to create a healthier body that is able to process rather than store fat so the cellulite would be eliminated.

Cheryl

>

> Cheryl,

> Okay, so are you telling me that if I paint iodine on my thighs and rump it will help with my cellulite? ;)

>

> Sent from my iPhone,

> Please pardon typos.

> Amie

>

Guest guest

Hi Cheryl, my 6-year old son has finally put on a few pounds in the last couple of months, but since then I've noticed a slight dimpling on his butt, like cellulite. I'm really surprised to see that on a young, thin boy. Could this be an estrogen imbalance? What should I do about it?

lol Well, it may address the root cause of your cellulite because iodine painted over fat does provide a slow steady absorbtion for the entire body. But cellulite isnt  skin condition. Its a connective tissue and fat condition. Permeable connective tissue. Full of holes or herniations where fat pushes thru.

Probably (maybe, depends on several factors) estrogen dominance created from slightly off (or way off) thyroid hormone levels. So the iodine (and vits and minerals and good food) would balance the hormones to create a healthier body that is able to process rather than store fat so the cellulite would be eliminated.

Cheryl

>

> Cheryl,

> Okay, so are you telling me that if I paint iodine on my thighs and rump it will help with my cellulite? ;)

>

> Sent from my iPhone,

> Please pardon typos.

> Amie

>

Guest guest

Cheryl

>

> Cheryl,

>

> Sent from my iPhone,

> Please pardon typos.

> Amie

>

Guest guest

Might be, dont know. A doctor can do a hormone panel. An adrenal test might be

the first place to start cause when adrenals are off the hormones can be off.

Raw carrots are suppose to help regulate estrogen levels. And they are good for

parasites so a multiple benefit. Goitrogens like raw brocolli,

peanuts,soybeans,cabbage, turnips, spinach will effect hormone levels, too. In a

bad way.

Cheryl

>

> Hi Cheryl, my 6-year old son has finally put on a few pounds in the last

> couple of months, but since then I've noticed a slight dimpling on his butt,

> like cellulite. I'm really surprised to see that on a young, thin boy. Could

> this be an estrogen imbalance? What should I do about it?

Guest guest

peanuts,soybeans,cabbage, turnips, spinach will effect hormone levels, too. In a

bad way.

Cheryl

>

Guest guest

bad way.

Cheryl

>

Guest guest

I have no idea about this, but you are making me wonder...could iodine cause

someone with a high metabolism to gain weight? My husband (who is not a skinny

guy) has recently lost 42 pounds through healthy eating and exercise. He added

iodine, per my recommnedation, and all of a sudden he can't lose anymore weight,

in fact he gained a few pounds. I say he has a high metabolism because he lost

the weight very quickly after he adjusted his diet, and, how do I say

this....based on what he used to eat, he should have been much, much bigger to

start out. Make sense? So I think he has a high metabolism that was slowed down

by iodine...is this possible??? Thanks! R

> >

> > Please could you answer this question. Can someone who is very thin still

need iodine? My family are all very thin and I thought you tended toward being

overweight if you didn't have enough iodine. My daughter has the same body type,

tall and willowy. Thanks, Kim

> >

>

Guest guest

iodine, per my recommnedation, and all of a sudden he can't lose anymore weight,

> >

overweight if you didn't have enough iodine. My daughter has the same body type,

> >

>

Guest guest

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Once again, awesome link, Kathleen. Holy soy info! -tammy

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Sun, March 6, 2011 5:40:56 PMSubject: Re: Iodine

There is a great new book out now called Deep Nutrition that has heaps of good info. You can also go to the Weston A. Price foundation site for tons of fantastic nutrition info based on good research. http://www.westonaprice.org/You may even have a chapter in your area, so you can meet with others focused on diet and nutrition for health. You can look it up on the site. HTH,kathleen> > >> > > I think so. We are all pretty thin. I am the heaviest looking in the family and I'm 5'6" 120 lbs. My son is very thin 4'8" 60 lbs. He has a killer metabolism but needs iodine to offset all his pool ( chlorine ) exposure. For me it caused die off and then made> > me feel better.> > > > > > Sent from my iPhone > > >> >>

Guest guest

Once again, awesome link, Kathleen. Holy soy info! -tammy

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Sun, March 6, 2011 5:40:56 PMSubject: Re: Iodine

There is a great new book out now called Deep Nutrition that has heaps of good info. You can also go to the Weston A. Price foundation site for tons of fantastic nutrition info based on good research. http://www.westonaprice.org/You may even have a chapter in your area, so you can meet with others focused on diet and nutrition for health. You can look it up on the site. HTH,kathleen> > >> > > I think so. We are all pretty thin. I am the heaviest looking in the family and I'm 5'6" 120 lbs. My son is very thin 4'8" 60 lbs. He has a killer metabolism but needs iodine to offset all his pool ( chlorine ) exposure. For me it caused die off and then made> > me feel better.> > > > > > Sent from my iPhone > > >> >>

Guest guest

Sometimes the supplementation of iodine causes a reverse reaction with the thyroid (supposedly temporarily) where the thyroid action slows (I guess as it adjusts)I don't know this from experience, but it is one of the reasons I hesitated to start the supp.

I have no idea about this, but you are making me wonder...could iodine cause someone with a high metabolism to gain weight? My husband (who is not a skinny guy) has recently lost 42 pounds through healthy eating and exercise. He added iodine, per my recommnedation, and all of a sudden he can't lose anymore weight, in fact he gained a few pounds. I say he has a high metabolism because he lost the weight very quickly after he adjusted his diet, and, how do I say this....based on what he used to eat, he should have been much, much bigger to start out. Make sense? So I think he has a high metabolism that was slowed down by iodine...is this possible??? Thanks! R

> >

> > Please could you answer this question. Can someone who is very thin still need iodine? My family are all very thin and I thought you tended toward being overweight if you didn't have enough iodine. My daughter has the same body type, tall and willowy. Thanks, Kim

> >

>

-- Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

Guest guest

Sometimes the supplementation of iodine causes a reverse reaction with the thyroid (supposedly temporarily) where the thyroid action slows (I guess as it adjusts)I don't know this from experience, but it is one of the reasons I hesitated to start the supp.

I have no idea about this, but you are making me wonder...could iodine cause someone with a high metabolism to gain weight? My husband (who is not a skinny guy) has recently lost 42 pounds through healthy eating and exercise. He added iodine, per my recommnedation, and all of a sudden he can't lose anymore weight, in fact he gained a few pounds. I say he has a high metabolism because he lost the weight very quickly after he adjusted his diet, and, how do I say this....based on what he used to eat, he should have been much, much bigger to start out. Make sense? So I think he has a high metabolism that was slowed down by iodine...is this possible??? Thanks! R

> >

> > Please could you answer this question. Can someone who is very thin still need iodine? My family are all very thin and I thought you tended toward being overweight if you didn't have enough iodine. My daughter has the same body type, tall and willowy. Thanks, Kim

> >

>

-- Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.