RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

iodine

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sometimes the supplementation of iodine causes a reverse reaction with the thyroid (supposedly temporarily) where the thyroid action slows (I guess as it adjusts)I don't know this from experience, but it is one of the reasons I hesitated to start the supp.

I have no idea about this, but you are making me wonder...could iodine cause someone with a high metabolism to gain weight? My husband (who is not a skinny guy) has recently lost 42 pounds through healthy eating and exercise. He added iodine, per my recommnedation, and all of a sudden he can't lose anymore weight, in fact he gained a few pounds. I say he has a high metabolism because he lost the weight very quickly after he adjusted his diet, and, how do I say this....based on what he used to eat, he should have been much, much bigger to start out. Make sense? So I think he has a high metabolism that was slowed down by iodine...is this possible??? Thanks! R

> >

> > Please could you answer this question. Can someone who is very thin still need iodine? My family are all very thin and I thought you tended toward being overweight if you didn't have enough iodine. My daughter has the same body type, tall and willowy. Thanks, Kim

> >

>

-- Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

Guest guest

,I really don't know about actual weight gain. Do you think it could be making him retain water to flush his system? I remember feeling kind of bloated when I started it, but I don't think my weight actually changed. Sent from my iPhone

I have no idea about this, but you are making me wonder...could iodine cause someone with a high metabolism to gain weight? My husband (who is not a skinny guy) has recently lost 42 pounds through healthy eating and exercise. He added iodine, per my recommnedation, and all of a sudden he can't lose anymore weight, in fact he gained a few pounds. I say he has a high metabolism because he lost the weight very quickly after he adjusted his diet, and, how do I say this....based on what he used to eat, he should have been much, much bigger to start out. Make sense? So I think he has a high metabolism that was slowed down by iodine...is this possible??? Thanks! R

> >

> > Please could you answer this question. Can someone who is very thin still need iodine? My family are all very thin and I thought you tended toward being overweight if you didn't have enough iodine. My daughter has the same body type, tall and willowy. Thanks, Kim

> >

>

Guest guest

,I really don't know about actual weight gain. Do you think it could be making him retain water to flush his system? I remember feeling kind of bloated when I started it, but I don't think my weight actually changed. Sent from my iPhone

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I just started iodine on Maia this morning.  I started suuuppper low.  I mixed one drop in with 8 oz of water and then used 1/3 of the glass of water to dilute her juice.  (I know, I may as well not have done it because it was so diluted) but I'm a little bit scared of the adverse reactions I've read about, too.  I'm not 100% sure she has a thyroid issue, I haven't had it tested yet but she seems to be showing some signs of a hypoactive thyroid. 

Sometimes the supplementation of iodine causes a reverse reaction with the thyroid (supposedly temporarily) where the thyroid action slows (I guess as it adjusts)I don't know this from experience, but it is one of the reasons I hesitated to start the supp.

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I just started iodine on Maia this morning.  I started suuuppper low.  I mixed one drop in with 8 oz of water and then used 1/3 of the glass of water to dilute her juice.  (I know, I may as well not have done it because it was so diluted) but I'm a little bit scared of the adverse reactions I've read about, too.  I'm not 100% sure she has a thyroid issue, I haven't had it tested yet but she seems to be showing some signs of a hypoactive thyroid. 

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I'm afraid to give it to Gabi b/c she's got Hashi's and right now her thyroid is hyperactive. I don't know what to do to " fix " this except selenium?

Guest guest

I'm afraid to give it to Gabi b/c she's got Hashi's and right now her thyroid is hyperactive. I don't know what to do to " fix " this except selenium?

Guest guest

We used triquench not lugol's to normalize my daughter's hyperthyroid.

Re: Iodine

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank you Kathlee,

I will research and research.

le

> > > >

> > > > I think so. We are all pretty thin. I am the heaviest looking in the

family

> >and I'm 5'6 " 120 lbs. My son is very thin 4'8 " 60 lbs. He has a killer

> >metabolism but needs iodine to offset all his pool ( chlorine ) exposure. For

me

> >it caused die off and then made

> > > me feel better.

> > > >

> > > > Sent from my iPhone

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank you Kathlee,

le

> > > >

family

> >metabolism but needs iodine to offset all his pool ( chlorine ) exposure. For

me

> > > me feel better.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Thank you Kathlee,

le

> > > >

family

me

> > > me feel better.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I dont think this would be a viable source of iodine. They give no iodine

content, so it would be unclear to me what the iodine content would be.

Definetly wouldnt be a replacement for direct radiation exposure.

Not saying it's a bad product. Or good. I think it would be difficult to achieve

the necessary amount of iodine for the iodine protocol from such a source.

Similiar to kelp.

I would also be hesitant of sources of seaweed, which is what this is, and it

appears to have no metal testing. Marine Phytoplankton might be a better source

of same type nutrients. The good stuff is certified toxin and mercury free.

Cheryl

>

>

> " I've sourced a good source of natural Iodine (not the phramaceutical form

used

> for prescription purposes) since the disaster in Japan reminds us all how

> deficient in Iodine the population is; supplementing will benefit your body no

> matter what happens; product name: Emerald Sea:

> www.naturalsolutions.myemeraldstore.com . "

>  

>

> Hope this helps!!

>

> Amy A.

>

Guest guest

Not saying it's a bad product. Or good. I think it would be difficult to achieve

Similiar to kelp.

Cheryl

>

>

used

> deficient in Iodine the population is; supplementing will benefit your body no

>  

>

> Hope this helps!!

>

> Amy A.

>

Guest guest

Similiar to kelp.

Cheryl

>

>

used

>  

>

> Hope this helps!!

>

> Amy A.

>