RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

RE: Getting Started

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Where about in south Florida do you live?  I live inDaytona Beach(actually right next to it).  I did get to the pool today at 5pm and it was beautiful.  I don't know why I don't go more often.  I'm getting my hair cut this coming week. I too am living a new life after some brain surgery last year which restored me to near normal, walking, thinking, everything.  I appreciate life so much more now. Wish we would get some rain here soon.  I have no lawn to speak of and can't afford to water.  Well got to go. Sandy

I, too, stopped coloring my hair, I now like the white look of my hair. I thought about going back to blonde recently, but then decided that no matter how you sliced it, an older woman with blonde hair just doesn't look quite right. That's my opinion, otherwise I would have done it. I know most TV personalities that have grey hair will color it. I decided I'm not a TV personality. I was a faux blonde for many years, some thought I was a natural blonde. :-) I had my hair long for quite a while recently, because I hate going to the hairdresser. But I looked at myself in a store window a few weeks ago and thought the long hair (pulled back) was not doing a thing for me! So I decided then and there I have to cut it short again, despite my reluctance to go to the hairdresser. But it

looks a lot better short. No -- I look a lot better with short hair.

It took me many years of depression, confusion, and angst to get to the place I'm at now. Not always perfect, but far happier than I ever was. There was a saying that youth is wasted on the young. I had to learn the hard way, and I'm still learning, as one of the wonderful things of life is that we are all learning. A wonderful thing!

Nice talking to you, Sandy. I have my bathing suit on but I see the sky is getting a bit cloudy here in south Florida, we need the rain anyway, but I put on my bathing suit early in the day, haven't yet made it to the pool. :-) Perhaps I will. Oops! I hear thunder in the air.

Tai

To: IntuitiveEating_Support Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2011 3:25 PM

Subject: Re: Getting started

Tai, I never liked s paintings before, not so much that they were nude, although that bothers me too, but that they were over weight and I considered them gross. I no longer think that way thank goodness. I too would much rather be dressed nicely and I wear only foundation makeup.  I have a nice short haircut, way over due for a trim, and although my hair is mostly gray, I'm told it looks pretty. I got tired of coloring it a long time ago.  I too am learning to love and accept myself.  Thanks for the reply. Sandy

Guest guest

I live in the Ft. Lauderdale area. We got some rain today, not nearly enough. I am so glad to hear you came out very successfully from your surgery, Sandy! That's wonderful! Congratulations, I'm glad for you! I still have my bathing suit on -- maybe I'll sleep with it and wake up early tomorrow and go swimming. :-) I do like stretching and moving about in the water. TaiTo: IntuitiveEating_Support Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2011 7:26 PMSubject: Re: Getting started

Where about in south Florida do you live? I live inDaytona Beach(actually right next to it). I did get to the pool today at 5pm and it was beautiful. I don't know why I don't go more often. I'm getting my hair cut this coming week. I too am living a new life after some brain surgery last year which restored me to near normal, walking, thinking, everything. I appreciate life so much more now. Wish we would get some rain here soon. I have no lawn to speak of and can't afford to water. Well got to go. Sandy

I, too, stopped coloring my hair, I now like the white look of my hair. I thought about going back to blonde recently, but then decided that no matter how you sliced it, an older woman with blonde hair just doesn't look quite right. That's my opinion, otherwise I would have done it. I know most TV personalities that have grey hair will color it. I decided I'm not a TV personality. I was a faux blonde for many years, some thought I was a natural blonde. :-) I had my hair long for quite a while recently, because I hate going to the hairdresser. But I looked at myself in a store window a few weeks ago and thought the long hair (pulled back) was not doing a thing for me! So I decided then and there I have to cut it short again, despite my reluctance to go to the hairdresser. But it

It took me many years of depression, confusion, and angst to get to the place I'm at now. Not always perfect, but far happier than I ever was. There was a saying that youth is wasted on the young. I had to learn the hard way, and I'm still learning, as one of the wonderful things of life is that we are all learning. A wonderful thing!

Nice talking to you, Sandy. I have my bathing suit on but I see the sky is getting a bit cloudy here in south Florida, we need the rain anyway, but I put on my bathing suit early in the day, haven't yet made it to the pool. :-) Perhaps I will. Oops! I hear thunder in the air.

Tai

Tai, I never liked s paintings before, not so much that they were nude, although that bothers me too, but that they were over weight and I considered them gross. I no longer think that way thank goodness. I too would much rather be dressed nicely and I wear only foundation makeup. I have a nice short haircut, way over due for a trim, and although my hair is mostly gray, I'm told it looks pretty. I got tired of coloring it a long time ago. I too am learning to love and accept myself. Thanks for the reply. Sandy

Guest guest

I live in the Ft. Lauderdale area. We got some rain today, not nearly enough. I am so glad to hear you came out very successfully from your surgery, Sandy! That's wonderful! Congratulations, I'm glad for you! I still have my bathing suit on -- maybe I'll sleep with it and wake up early tomorrow and go swimming. :-) I do like stretching and moving about in the water. TaiTo: IntuitiveEating_Support Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2011 7:26 PMSubject: Re: Getting started

Where about in south Florida do you live? I live inDaytona Beach(actually right next to it). I did get to the pool today at 5pm and it was beautiful. I don't know why I don't go more often. I'm getting my hair cut this coming week. I too am living a new life after some brain surgery last year which restored me to near normal, walking, thinking, everything. I appreciate life so much more now. Wish we would get some rain here soon. I have no lawn to speak of and can't afford to water. Well got to go. Sandy

Tai

Tai, I never liked s paintings before, not so much that they were nude, although that bothers me too, but that they were over weight and I considered them gross. I no longer think that way thank goodness. I too would much rather be dressed nicely and I wear only foundation makeup. I have a nice short haircut, way over due for a trim, and although my hair is mostly gray, I'm told it looks pretty. I got tired of coloring it a long time ago. I too am learning to love and accept myself. Thanks for the reply. Sandy

Guest guest

Tai

Guest guest

Thanks for the chuckle, sleeping in your bathing suit.  I remember when my kids were pre-teens and tried sleeping in their clothes so they wouldn't have to get up so early for school. I don't think they did it more than once or twice.  Early morning is a good time to go swimming here before the storms move in. Sandy

I live in the Ft. Lauderdale area. We got some rain today, not nearly enough. I am so glad to hear you came out very successfully from your surgery, Sandy! That's wonderful! Congratulations, I'm glad for you! I still have my bathing suit on -- maybe I'll sleep with it and wake up early tomorrow and go swimming. :-) I do like stretching and moving about in the water. Tai

To: IntuitiveEating_Support

Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2011 7:26 PMSubject: Re: Getting started

Where about in south Florida do you live?  I live inDaytona Beach(actually right next to it).  I did get to the pool today at 5pm and it was beautiful.  I don't know why I don't go more often.  I'm getting my hair cut this coming week. I too am living a new life after some brain surgery last year which restored me to near normal, walking, thinking, everything.  I appreciate life so much more now. Wish we would get some rain here soon.  I have no lawn to speak of and can't afford to water.  Well got to go. Sandy

Tai

Tai, I never liked s paintings before, not so much that they were nude, although that bothers me too, but that they were over weight and I considered them gross. I no longer think that way thank goodness. I too would much rather be dressed nicely and I wear only foundation makeup.  I have a nice short haircut, way over due for a trim, and although my hair is mostly gray, I'm told it looks pretty. I got tired of coloring it a long time ago.  I too am learning to love and accept myself.  Thanks for the reply. Sandy

Guest guest

Thanks for the chuckle, sleeping in your bathing suit.  I remember when my kids were pre-teens and tried sleeping in their clothes so they wouldn't have to get up so early for school. I don't think they did it more than once or twice.  Early morning is a good time to go swimming here before the storms move in. Sandy

I live in the Ft. Lauderdale area. We got some rain today, not nearly enough. I am so glad to hear you came out very successfully from your surgery, Sandy! That's wonderful! Congratulations, I'm glad for you! I still have my bathing suit on -- maybe I'll sleep with it and wake up early tomorrow and go swimming. :-) I do like stretching and moving about in the water. Tai

Tai

Guest guest

Tai

Guest guest

Now that I'm reading this again, going over my email, I wonder, how would a person "start" IE? JJ == this is for you, but I'd sure love to hear other people's opinions as well. In reverse, how would a person get "off" IE? What would it involve or entail? Food for thought, I'd sure love to hear some answers. TaiTo: IntuitiveEating_Support Sent: Friday, June 10, 2011 9:57 AMSubject: Re: Getting started

congratulations on this decision. It sounds like you're "making" yourself do it, rather than "allowing"?? What wisdom/compassion would you give a very vulnerable little girl in your shoes?

As a teacher, I have a different eating style/lifestyle during the summer. Summer is renewal/spa time, with lots of walks, gym, napping, masks made of summer vegies/fruits, massage.

foggy

>

> I decided last weekend to begin IE again--6 or 7 years ago, I worked hard at

> following the ideas and lost close to 30 pounds. Tomorrow is my last day of

> school (I'm a teacher) and I set the first day of vacation as the day I would

> begin.

>

>

> I can feel myself starting to procrastinate,whispering that maybe I should just

> wait till Monday...that's a good day to start. Give myself a weekend. Then I

> laugh ruefully, understanding that I'm undercutting myself as I say I want to

> change, that I want to lose weight while learning to love my body. I know that

> before it worked and I was both proud and surprised by the process and my

> success at it. Why did I stop? Not sure...my husband had a health crisis, my son

> left for college....familiar patterns crept back.

>

>

> Insight? Suggestions? Anyone nearby to give me a kick to get me moving? Thanks!

>