RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Digest Number 504

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's relatively painless to keep a lawn here, although with a dog, our back lawn leaves something to be desired. I usually try to cut my lawn early on a Saturday or Sunday before it heats up. Just a walk in the park. We're in an older neighborhood filled with 100 year old trees. We've got 5 huge trees in our back yard and a few evergreens. Nothing exotic of course out here, a couple of box elders, ash and maple. We can't get satellite tv here because of that. I guess we need to point towards Houston to get the signal. -dz-

Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

We have a rock in front & back yard 3 with palm-trees in the front yard, 4 citress-trees & shrubs in the front & back yard. Some houses have grass in the front & back yards & several houses have grass in the front & rock in the back. There are some like you saw in Denver with grass in the front & just dirt in the back. I would rather spend my money other places, then on keeping the grass green. Plus if you have a grass yard, you have to mow it and pushing a lawn mower when it's 100 plus out side does not sound like fun. When I was living in the midwest I enjoyed mowing the lawn. Terry

Guest guest

You gained quite a few from the midwest too. The economy was poor here in the early 80's and was a large part of the reason I moved out there. Of course the fact I fell in love with it on a hitchhiking exodus in the early 70's had an influence too... I lived on Capital hill for several months back then. -dz-

WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

I think when Colorado's economy was strong and Texas was wavering

a bit we inherited alot... but its really irrelevant. I am not sure there is

anything you could buy in this state for $80,000.00 In 1991 my daughter in

law sold her house for $111,000.00 and it was only just over a thousand

square ft. LOL

Re: [ ] Digest Number 504

Only the RICH Texans who have their summer homes inAspen. I'd love to do that. Except I'd want to be inthe middle of nowhere. Actually housing in Houston ispretty cheap. But who would want to live here besidesme? We have a 1400 sq ft house on a little more than1/2 acre and it's worth about 80,000. So if you canstand the crime, heat and pollution, you can livecheap.lol Sharon__________________________________________________

Guest guest

I remember a bumper sticker from when I lived in Denver "Don't Californicate Colorado". I know in the 70's when energy costs went up so high we lost a lot of businesses to the southwest where they wouldn't have to worry about heating so much.

We have had several years of relative drought. Up on the peninsula several of the tourist resorts/bars lost their business from the lake because their docks were on dry land. The lake had receeded that far. I imagine we've recovered a lot of that this year. -dz-

, our governer is seeking the same thing from Washington with having less then half our normal rain & snow for the last four or five years. Califoran's have helped shoot up our home value's. There was a joke a few years ago that the Califoran's started pulling there U-hauls into the new houseing devlopment's at they were driving into Phoenix buying up any thing they could. Terry WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

Water might just be our most scarce commodity this summer. In fact it has been suggested and indeed I do believe passed that we are declared and emergency drought state. Its pretty awful. These fires are not helping either I am quite sure. Oh and $200,000.00 for a house is not much anymore not much you'd really like in that price bracket. We natives ( Those born and raised in Colorado ) are quite convinced that we have had such an influx of Californians who are insulted if that can't pay at least a half a million for something quite quaint that is virtually ruined any common sense that ever existed in the housing market out here. I really should not blame the Californians however they did have help.... from Texans !!!!

Just kidding : ) LOL

I remember that one of the things that amazed me in Denver was the absence of lawns. I worked installing underground CATV and we went through beautiful $200,000 homes and they usually had a lawn in front, but the back was often just dirt and landscaping (decorative rocks, etc). I guess they can't use the same type of grass we grow here and what they use is expensive to buy and expensive to water. Having the big drink nearby (Lake Michigan) is quite an advantage to us. Water is relatively inexpensive. -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

I can't afford a garden. Being in the desert with very little rain. You have to water then your water bill shoots sky high. Even without watering a garden, just watering our trees, a few plants, bathing & cooking our water bill runs around $100 a month. So it is cheaper to just buy it in the store. Terry Jannewilms43@... wrote: Dennis beleive it or not i am one cajun that don't like turtle...Alot of us do but not this one..Been there.done that..I agree they should just keep roaming the earth..You did say snapping turtles?? Watch out..Once they latch on they don't turn loose!!!Glad to see ya on..The only thing I have in my garden is tomato and cucumbers..They are doing great though..We have been having some pretty weather down here..

Guest guest

Over the entire year we average just under $100/mo for electric and gas. (we don't get separate bills). We have a small house though, 1000 sq ft. In the winter we can go up over $150 for heating. In the worst of the summer, I don't think we have gotten over $100. After living in Milwaukee, New Orleans and Denver, I chose Green Bay to relocate to for it's relatively low crime and pollution. Depending on your profession it isn't always easy to live where you want to. I would love to live on the peninsula or up in the north woods, but there isn't much work for me there. Even Green Bay would be tough if I lost my present job. I would be looking in envy at the Milwaukee and/or Denver want ads. -dz-

Sharon, we have the crime, pollution & HEAT here in Phoenix. But a half way decant 1400 sq ft house on a 1/2 acre would cost you 150,000 to 200,000. Car insurance is the highest in all the 50 states, our somer light bills on this 1700 sq ft house runs us $350 to $450 a month. in the wenter if we have a warm one "over night temp's in the upper 30's to mid 40's it is $85 to $100. But if we get down into the upper 20's it will run $100 to $150". With all of that the Phoenix metro area is growing by several thosand a week. Terry Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: Only the RICH Texans who have their summer homes inAspen. I'd love to do that. Except I'd want to be inthe middle of nowhere. Actually housing in Houston ispretty cheap. But who would want to live here besidesme? We have a 1400 sq ft house on a little more than1/2 acre and it's worth about 80,000. So if you canstand the crime, heat and pollution, you can livecheap.lol Sharon__________________________________________________

Guest guest

My wife is like that. Sometimes I wish she would pay as much attention to the inside of the house as she does to the flower beds and yard.. :-) I suppose she could wish for a lot more out of me too. -dz-

Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: I enjoy mowing but I agree in the real heat ofsummer, it's tough. Luckily I have a big enough yardto use a riding lawnmower and only have to push alittle. But I'm very weird and all yardwork has alwaysbeen therapeutic for me. Sharon

Guest guest

I almost came out to Houston back then too. I was a welder then and the boom was still on. (like 1981). They had so-called "tent cities" out there then. I went to Denver instead as I was more familiar with it. I remember they used to have a cowpie flinging contest or "fight" between Colorado and Texas. I'm not exactly sure where as they don't quite border one another, but I think it was across a river. -dz-

Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: Ahh, you mean the '80s. When the boomtown busted.Well, anyone with any sense would rather live inColorado than Houston. Ive just always been here. Idon't know how I'd handle those winters. How is Gregdoing anyway? Sharon--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:> I think when Colorado's economy was strong and Texas> was wavering> a bit we inherited alot... but its really> irrelevant. I am not sure there is> anything you could buy in this state for $80,000.00 > In 1991 my daughter in > law sold her house for $111,000.00 and it was only> just over a thousand > square ft. LOL > > Re: [ ] Digest Number 504> > Only the RICH Texans who have their summer homes in> Aspen. I'd love to do that. Except I'd want to be in> the middle of nowhere. Actually housing in Houston> is> pretty cheap. But who would want to live here> besides> me? We have a 1400 sq ft house on a little more than> 1/2 acre and it's worth about 80,000. So if you can> stand the crime, heat and pollution, you can live> cheap.> lol> Sharon> > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

I once dated a guy from New York who always found it

funny we in the south have to run the AC in our cars

for a while before we get in. He was used to having to

run heat in the winter, but we have the opposite

problem.

Sharon

--- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

>

> Sharon, in the later part of June through early

> September it will be 100 degree's at 10 O'clock at

> night & only make's it down into the mid to upper

> 90 " s in the morning. I am working day's this week,

> every day when I get off. The car has been sitting

> in the parking lot with the sun beating down on it,

> the stearing wheel & gear shift is so hot I can't

> touch them. So I start the car turn on the AC & sit

> close to five minutes waiting for the stearing wheel

> to cool down.

> Terry

> Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: I enjoy

> mowing but I agree in the real heat of

> summer, it's tough. Luckily I have a big enough yard

> to use a riding lawnmower and only have to push a

> little. But I'm very weird and all yardwork has

> always

> been therapeutic for me.

> Sharon

> --- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

> >

> > We have a rock in front & back yard 3 with

> > palm-trees in the front yard, 4 citress-trees &

> > shrubs in the front & back yard. Some houses have

> > grass in the front & back yards & several houses

> > have grass in the front & rock in the back. There

> > are some like you saw in Denver with grass in the

> > front & just dirt in the back. I would rather

> spend

> > my money other places, then on keeping the grass

> > green. Plus if you have a grass yard, you have to

> > mow it and pushing a lawn mower when it's 100 plus

> > out side does not sound like fun. When I was

> living

> > in the midwest I enjoyed mowing the lawn.

> > Terry

> > imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

> > I remember that one of the things that amazed me

> in

> > Denver was the absence of lawns. I worked

> installing

> > underground CATV and we went through beautiful

> > $200,000 homes and they usually had a lawn in

> front,

> > but the back was often just dirt and landscaping

> > (decorative rocks, etc). I guess they can't use

> the

> > same type of grass we grow here and what they use

> is

> > expensive to buy and expensive to water. Having

> the

> > big drink nearby (Lake Michigan) is quite an

> > advantage to us. Water is relatively inexpensive.

>

> > -dz-

> > Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

> > I can't afford a garden. Being in the desert

> > with very little rain. You have to water then your

> > water bill shoots sky high. Even without watering

> a

> > garden, just watering our trees, a few plants,

> > bathing & cooking our water bill runs around $100

> a

> > month. So it is cheaper to just buy it in the

> store.

> >

> > Terry

> >

> > Jannewilms43@... wrote: Dennis beleive it or

> > not i am one cajun that don't like turtle...Alot

> of

> > us do but not this one..Been there.done that..I

> > agree they should just keep roaming the earth..You

> > did say snapping turtles?? Watch out..Once they

> > latch on they don't turn loose!!!Glad to see ya

> > on..The only thing I have in my garden is tomato

> and

> > cucumbers..They are doing great though..We have

> been

> > having some pretty weather down here..

> >

Guest guest

You of course could command a larger wage in the city. However you will spend it out as well. So for what other than being in a higher tax bracket would one want to sacrifice their sanity to live in a city. I want out of here so bad. I want to go to where Norman Rockwell lived and step inside his world. We are so ready to move away ...... but how to leave my Rockies behind.... tsk tsk.... Re: [ ] Digest Number 504 We're about in the same boat (or house). So if you can stand the cold, you can live pretty cheap here, too. Housing-wise anyway. Wisconsin taxes are pretty high. Crime and pollution aren't that big an issue here, we're only a town of 100,000. Of course you have to give up some of the advantages of a big city. I know I would command a larger wage in Milwaukee or Denver or Houston, but I guess you take the good with the bad. -dz- Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: Only the RICH Texans who have their summer homes inAspen. I'd love to do that. Except I'd want to be inthe middle of nowhere. Actually housing in Houston ispretty cheap. But who would want to live here besidesme? We have a 1400 sq ft house on a little more than1/2 acre and it's worth about 80,000. So if you canstand the crime, heat and pollution, you can livecheap.lol Sharon__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Colorado is not hard to fall in love with at all. Re: [ ] Digest Number 504 Only the RICH Texans who have their summer homes inAspen. I'd love to do that. Except I'd want to be inthe middle of nowhere. Actually housing in Houston ispretty cheap. But who would want to live here besidesme? We have a 1400 sq ft house on a little more than1/2 acre and it's worth about 80,000. So if you canstand the crime, heat and pollution, you can livecheap.lol Sharon__________________________________________________

Guest guest

I remember a bumper sticker that said From California? Welcome to Colorado... now please go home and take a Texan with you. Thats cold..... but when you take a drive up into the mountains and all you see are houses..... well..... Re: [ ] Digest Number 504 I remember that one of the things that amazed me in Denver was the absence of lawns. I worked installing underground CATV and we went through beautiful $200,000 homes and they usually had a lawn in front, but the back was often just dirt and landscaping (decorative rocks, etc). I guess they can't use the same type of grass we grow here and what they use is expensive to buy and expensive to water. Having the big drink nearby (Lake Michigan) is quite an advantage to us. Water is relatively inexpensive. -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote: I can't afford a garden. Being in the desert with very little rain. You have to water then your water bill shoots sky high. Even without watering a garden, just watering our trees, a few plants, bathing & cooking our water bill runs around $100 a month. So it is cheaper to just buy it in the store. Terry Jannewilms43@... wrote: Dennis beleive it or not i am one cajun that don't like turtle...Alot of us do but not this one..Been there.done that..I agree they should just keep roaming the earth..You did say snapping turtles?? Watch out..Once they latch on they don't turn loose!!!Glad to see ya on..The only thing I have in my garden is tomato and cucumbers..They are doing great though..We have been having some pretty weather down here..

Guest guest

Yes, I have to wear gloves to drive in the winter because the steering wheel is freezing and it takes quite a while to warm it up. -dz-

Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: I once dated a guy from New York who always found itfunny we in the south have to run the AC in our carsfor a while before we get in. He was used to having torun heat in the winter, but we have the oppositeproblem. Sharon--- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:> > Sharon, in the later part of June through early> September it will be 100 degree's at 10 O'clock at> night & only make's it down into the mid to upper> 90"s in the morning. I am working day's this week,> every day when I get off. The car has been sitting> in the parking lot with the sun beating down on it,> the stearing wheel & gear shift is so hot I can't> touch them. So I start the car turn on the AC & sit> close to five minutes waiting for the stearing wheel> to cool down.> Terry> Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: I enjoy> mowing but I agree in the real heat of> summer, it's tough. Luckily I have a big enough yard> to use a riding lawnmower and only have to push a> little. But I'm very weird and all yardwork has> always> been therapeutic for me.> Sharon> --- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:> > > > We have a rock in front & back yard 3 with> > palm-trees in the front yard, 4 citress-trees & > > shrubs in the front & back yard. Some houses have> > grass in the front & back yards & several houses> > have grass in the front & rock in the back. There> > are some like you saw in Denver with grass in the> > front & just dirt in the back. I would rather> spend> > my money other places, then on keeping the grass> > green. Plus if you have a grass yard, you have to> > mow it and pushing a lawn mower when it's 100 plus> > out side does not sound like fun. When I was> living> > in the midwest I enjoyed mowing the lawn.> > Terry> > imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote: > > I remember that one of the things that amazed me> in> > Denver was the absence of lawns. I worked> installing> > underground CATV and we went through beautiful> > $200,000 homes and they usually had a lawn in> front,> > but the back was often just dirt and landscaping> > (decorative rocks, etc). I guess they can't use> the> > same type of grass we grow here and what they use> is> > expensive to buy and expensive to water. Having> the> > big drink nearby (Lake Michigan) is quite an> > advantage to us. Water is relatively inexpensive. > > > -dz- > > Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote: > > I can't afford a garden. Being in the desert> > with very little rain. You have to water then your> > water bill shoots sky high. Even without watering> a> > garden, just watering our trees, a few plants,> > bathing & cooking our water bill runs around $100> a> > month. So it is cheaper to just buy it in the> store.> > > > Terry > > > > Jannewilms43@... wrote: Dennis beleive it or> > not i am one cajun that don't like turtle...Alot> of> > us do but not this one..Been there.done that..I> > agree they should just keep roaming the earth..You> > did say snapping turtles?? Watch out..Once they> > latch on they don't turn loose!!!Glad to see ya> > on..The only thing I have in my garden is tomato> and> > cucumbers..They are doing great though..We have> been> > having some pretty weather down here.. > >

Guest guest

I had a tough time leaving the rockies, too. That's the only thing I really miss. -dz-

You of course could command a larger wage in the city. However you will spend it out as well.

So for what other than being in a higher tax bracket would one want to sacrifice their sanity

to live in a city. I want out of here so bad. I want to go to where Norman Rockwell lived

and step inside his world. We are so ready to move away ...... but how to leave my Rockies

behind.... tsk tsk....

We're about in the same boat (or house). So if you can stand the cold, you can live pretty cheap here, too. Housing-wise anyway. Wisconsin taxes are pretty high. Crime and pollution aren't that big an issue here, we're only a town of 100,000. Of course you have to give up some of the advantages of a big city. I know I would command a larger wage in Milwaukee or Denver or Houston, but I guess you take the good with the bad. -dz- Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: Only the RICH Texans who have their summer homes inAspen. I'd love to do that. Except I'd want to be inthe middle of nowhere. Actually housing in Houston ispretty cheap. But who would want to live here besidesme? We have a 1400 sq ft house on a little more than1/2 acre and it's worth about 80,000. So if you canstand the crime, heat and pollution, you can livecheap.lol Sharon__________________________________________________

Guest guest

I lived there in '72 and when I moved back there in '81 I could hardly recognize it. Not only were the mountains mainly unpopulated, but there was quite a drive through open prairie between Denver and Golden, by the 80's that was gone. Before I left they were starting to have problems with mountain lions coming into the cities, they're getting driven out of their natural territory. -dz-

I remember a bumper sticker that said From California? Welcome to Colorado... now please go home

and take a Texan with you. Thats cold..... but when you take a drive up into the mountains and all

you see are houses..... well.....

I remember that one of the things that amazed me in Denver was the absence of lawns. I worked installing underground CATV and we went through beautiful $200,000 homes and they usually had a lawn in front, but the back was often just dirt and landscaping (decorative rocks, etc). I guess they can't use the same type of grass we grow here and what they use is expensive to buy and expensive to water. Having the big drink nearby (Lake Michigan) is quite an advantage to us. Water is relatively inexpensive. -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

I can't afford a garden. Being in the desert with very little rain. You have to water then your water bill shoots sky high. Even without watering a garden, just watering our trees, a few plants, bathing & cooking our water bill runs around $100 a month. So it is cheaper to just buy it in the store. Terry Jannewilms43@... wrote: Dennis beleive it or not i am one cajun that don't like turtle...Alot of us do but not this one..Been there.done that..I agree they should just keep roaming the earth..You did say snapping turtles?? Watch out..Once they latch on they don't turn loose!!!Glad to see ya on..The only thing I have in my garden is tomato and cucumbers..They are doing great though..We have been having some pretty weather down here..

Guest guest

Even when we lived in Vicenza Italia for 3 years I had the mountains to the west of me. I don't know how not to have mountains..... Re: [ ] Digest Number 504 We're about in the same boat (or house). So if you can stand the cold, you can live pretty cheap here, too. Housing-wise anyway. Wisconsin taxes are pretty high. Crime and pollution aren't that big an issue here, we're only a town of 100,000. Of course you have to give up some of the advantages of a big city. I know I would command a larger wage in Milwaukee or Denver or Houston, but I guess you take the good with the bad. -dz- Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: Only the RICH Texans who have their summer homes inAspen. I'd love to do that. Except I'd want to be inthe middle of nowhere. Actually housing in Houston ispretty cheap. But who would want to live here besidesme? We have a 1400 sq ft house on a little more than1/2 acre and it's worth about 80,000. So if you canstand the crime, heat and pollution, you can livecheap.lol Sharon__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Well from Colorado Springs up past Ft. and now extending west into town its all pretty much Solid. I say that reservedly regarding the mountains as a few acres went with each homesite. But its solid into Silverthorne. If you go 285 west out of Denver instead of 70 its solid again till about . Unreal.... its absolutely unreal Re: [ ] Digest Number 504 I remember that one of the things that amazed me in Denver was the absence of lawns. I worked installing underground CATV and we went through beautiful $200,000 homes and they usually had a lawn in front, but the back was often just dirt and landscaping (decorative rocks, etc). I guess they can't use the same type of grass we grow here and what they use is expensive to buy and expensive to water. Having the big drink nearby (Lake Michigan) is quite an advantage to us. Water is relatively inexpensive. -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote: I can't afford a garden. Being in the desert with very little rain. You have to water then your water bill shoots sky high. Even without watering a garden, just watering our trees, a few plants, bathing & cooking our water bill runs around $100 a month. So it is cheaper to just buy it in the store. Terry Jannewilms43@... wrote: Dennis beleive it or not i am one cajun that don't like turtle...Alot of us do but not this one..Been there.done that..I agree they should just keep roaming the earth..You did say snapping turtles?? Watch out..Once they latch on they don't turn loose!!!Glad to see ya on..The only thing I have in my garden is tomato and cucumbers..They are doing great though..We have been having some pretty weather down here..

Guest guest

Sharon I don't like to clean house either but as they say....A woman's work is never done...

Guest guest

The yard is more gratifying. Once you've got it

groomed it looks nice for a while. Whereas the house

is just a mess again the next day. Although I keep the

house pretty clean, I hate doing it.

Sharon

--- imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

>

> My wife is like that. Sometimes I wish she would

> pay as much attention to the inside of the house as

> she does to the flower beds and yard.. :-) I

> suppose she could wish for a lot more out of me too.

> -dz-

> Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: I enjoy

> mowing but I agree in the real heat of

> summer, it's tough. Luckily I have a big enough yard

> to use a riding lawnmower and only have to push a

> little. But I'm very weird and all yardwork has

> always

> been therapeutic for me.

> Sharon

>

>

> ---------------------------------

>

Guest guest

I can remember earlly mornings back in central Mo & Il in the winter running outside starting my car then ran back inside letting the car warm up & the defroster running to deice the window. After living in both the mid west for 27 years & here for 21 years, I would rather live back there. I can always put on another layer of clothes to keep warm, but you can not take off enough clothes to keep cool.

Terry

Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: I once dated a guy from New York who always found itfunny we in the south have to run the AC in our carsfor a while before we get in. He was used to having torun heat in the winter, but we have the oppositeproblem. Sharon--- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:> > Sharon, in the later part of June through early> September it will be 100 degree's at 10 O'clock at> night & only make's it down into the mid to upper> 90"s in the morning. I am working day's this week,> every day when I get off. The car has been sitting> in the parking lot with the sun beating down on it,> the stearing wheel & gear shift is so hot I can't> touch them. So I start the car turn on the AC & sit> close to five minutes waiting for the stearing wheel> to cool down.> Terry> Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: I enjoy> mowing but I agree in the real heat of> summer, it's tough. Luckily I have a big enough yard> to use a riding lawnmower and only have to push a> little. But I'm very weird and all yardwork has> always> been therapeutic for me.> Sharon> --- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:> > > > We have a rock in front & back yard 3 with> > palm-trees in the front yard, 4 citress-trees & > > shrubs in the front & back yard. Some houses have> > grass in the front & back yards & several houses> > have grass in the front & rock in the back. There> > are some like you saw in Denver with grass in the> > front & just dirt in the back. I would rather> spend> > my money other places, then on keeping the grass> > green. Plus if you have a grass yard, you have to> > mow it and pushing a lawn mower when it's 100 plus> > out side does not sound like fun. When I was> living> > in the midwest I enjoyed mowing the lawn.> > Terry> > imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote: > > I remember that one of the things that amazed me> in> > Denver was the absence of lawns. I worked> installing> > underground CATV and we went through beautiful> > $200,000 homes and they usually had a lawn in> front,> > but the back was often just dirt and landscaping> > (decorative rocks, etc). I guess they can't use> the> > same type of grass we grow here and what they use> is> > expensive to buy and expensive to water. Having> the> > big drink nearby (Lake Michigan) is quite an> > advantage to us. Water is relatively inexpensive. > > > -dz- > > Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote: > > I can't afford a garden. Being in the desert> > with very little rain. You have to water then your> > water bill shoots sky high. Even without watering> a> > garden, just watering our trees, a few plants,> > bathing & cooking our water bill runs around $100> a> > month. So it is cheaper to just buy it in the> store.> > > > Terry > > > > Jannewilms43@... wrote: Dennis beleive it or> > not i am one cajun that don't like turtle...Alot> of> > us do but not this one..Been there.done that..I> > agree they should just keep roaming the earth..You> > did say snapping turtles?? Watch out..Once they> > latch on they don't turn loose!!!Glad to see ya> > on..The only thing I have in my garden is tomato> and> > cucumbers..They are doing great though..We have> been> > having some pretty weather down here.. > >

Guest guest

Hi Dave.How are you today?? Things are about the same here for me..My son is down for a few days..I always enjoy him being here..He is in boxing now and that's why he can't spend as much time as I'd liek him to but he loves his sports..

Guest guest

I suppose. I never drop my dirty socks on the lawn.. :) -dz-

Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: The yard is more gratifying. Once you've got itgroomed it looks nice for a while. Whereas the houseis just a mess again the next day. Although I keep thehouse pretty clean, I hate doing it. Sharon--- imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:> > My wife is like that. Sometimes I wish she would> pay as much attention to the inside of the house as> she does to the flower beds and yard.. :-) I> suppose she could wish for a lot more out of me too.> -dz- > Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: I enjoy> mowing but I agree in the real heat of> summer, it's tough. Luckily I have a big enough yard> to use a riding lawnmower and only have to push a> little. But I'm very weird and all yardwork has> always> been therapeutic for me.> Sharon> > > --------------------------------->

Guest guest

I'm hanging in. A little sick Friday I took off of work. I still have not gotten back into sleeping normally since my treatment, even though it's been 6 mos now since I finished. Yeah, my son is 12 now and he doesn't have as much time for the old man as he used to either. I guess what goes around comes around. I think that was about the age that my friends started becoming more important to me than my "square" family. -dz-

Jannewilms43@... wrote: Hi Dave.How are you today?? Things are about the same here for me..My son is down for a few days..I always enjoy him being here..He is in boxing now and that's why he can't spend as much time as I'd liek him to but he loves his sports..

Guest guest

> From: " hersheione " <noelle@...>

> Subject: WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME?

Have you had your thyroid level checked? A low thyroid level can

interfere with weight loss. It won't generally cause gain, but it can

certainly slow down loss. I know - my thyroid was mostly removed in 1996,

and then I was apparently being undermedicated for the last three years or

so.

Actually, I am of the opinion that all women over 30 should have their TSH

level checked every couple of years, more often if there's a family history

of problems.

Guest guest

Hi :

I had some test done a couple of years ago and my thyroid is fine.

There is absolutely no history of that problem in my family.

I do believe I have a fat gene from dad's side though LOL

I honestly think my problem is impatience and not heavy enough lifting. I'm

going to strive to work out harder and we'll see what happens.

Thanks for sharing!

Noelle

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME?

Have you had your thyroid level checked? A low thyroid level can

interfere with weight loss. It won't generally cause gain, but it can

certainly slow down loss. I know - my thyroid was mostly removed in 1996,

and then I was apparently being undermedicated for the last three years or

so.

Actually, I am of the opinion that all women over 30 should have their TSH

level checked every couple of years, more often if there's a family history

of problems.

Guest guest