Guest guest

It's good to hear from you Diane, you sound like your

doing better. We were worried for a while. You and Jan

keep talking about sludge, I keep getting a mental

picture of a little roto-rooter machine used to clean

out the sludge.

Sharon

Guest guest

Hey there Dennis..Bout time you get in touch with us..Glad to hear the knee is doing better..Non use of the brain causes CRS..I know I always have that...LOL

Guest guest

Hello from NH

Diane - Glad to hear you're doing better - keep it up.

I'm doing pretty good and you're right - I went out for a 2 mile hike with

some elevation last Monday. I took it easy and was careful. The knee

muscles were sore the next day but not bad. It's amazing how much the

muscles atrophy after just a short spell of non use. The operation was mid

April and I'm just getting somewhat back to normal. It wasn't major surgery

either. We're having a lot of rain and wind today.

The garden is most in and if I'm smart I'll mulch everything right off and

not have to battle weeds all summer.

But, I haven't used my brain for a while and you know what means. I wonder

how much it can atrophy before there is nothing there. Better go do some

crossword puzzles or play cribbage. :-)

Be well,

Dennis

Re: [ ] Digest Number 504

> Hello Everyone. ;o

> First of all I want to say how hard I am praying for all of the

> people involved with the fires..... How sad I am for them.... Jan. When

> they cleared my blockage in my common duct they used the term sludge

> also...... He said it was tiny stones mixed with bile..... What the heck

> is this sludge anyway.... A new term for I don't know? ;o Dave, I just

> know your tests will be fine. Terry I hope you are doing ok.... Hi

> Fluffy!!!!! This back row is really neat... They can't find us, but we

> can find them.. LOL.... Hi Sharon!!!! How is Dennis???? If I know him

> he is hiking.... Hello to everyone else that my CRS forgot!!! I would

> like to send a big warm Welcome to Stanley..... Sending healing hugs out

> to all of you.... I MISS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!

> I'm still having problems but, I take One day at a time... Jan tell

> hubby from one sludge to another that I sad Hi.... ;o

>

> Angel Hugs,

> Diane

>

> May Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Good to hear from you again, too, Dennis. I'm trying to get back in shape for biking. I know Jan is on my butt again, so I better get with it. I need to get a good lead on her. -dz-

Dennis <dhuber@...> wrote: Hello from NHDiane - Glad to hear you're doing better - keep it up.I'm doing pretty good and you're right - I went out for a 2 mile hike withsome elevation last Monday. I took it easy and was careful. The kneemuscles were sore the next day but not bad. It's amazing how much themuscles atrophy after just a short spell of non use. The operation was midApril and I'm just getting somewhat back to normal. It wasn't major surgeryeither. We're having a lot of rain and wind today.The garden is most in and if I'm smart I'll mulch everything right off andnot have to battle weeds all summer.But, I haven't used my brain for a while and you know what means. I wonderhow much it can atrophy before there is nothing there. Better go do somecrossword puzzles or play cribbage. :-)Be well,Dennis Re: [ ] Digest Number 504> Hello Everyone. ;o> First of all I want to say how hard I am praying for all of the> people involved with the fires..... How sad I am for them.... Jan. When> they cleared my blockage in my common duct they used the term sludge> also...... He said it was tiny stones mixed with bile..... What the heck> is this sludge anyway.... A new term for I don't know? ;o Dave, I just> know your tests will be fine. Terry I hope you are doing ok.... Hi> Fluffy!!!!! This back row is really neat... They can't find us, but we> can find them.. LOL.... Hi Sharon!!!! How is Dennis???? If I know him> he is hiking.... Hello to everyone else that my CRS forgot!!! I would> like to send a big warm Welcome to Stanley..... Sending healing hugs out> to all of you.... I MISS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!> I'm still having problems but, I take One day at a time... Jan tell> hubby from one sludge to another that I sad Hi.... ;o>> Angel Hugs,> Diane>> May Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity>>>>>>

Guest guest

Hi Dave

You sure get over your PC problems fast - you must know your stuff.

I'm thinking of trying some juice recipes - know any good (drinkable) ones? I sort of remember one with mango, bananas, and ? - maybe frozen orange or lime juice? I said before - the last one I made looked and tasted like dirt. I need something that will give me some energy when I get home from work.

It was really good to see the sun today.

Dennis

Re: [ ] Digest Number 504> Hello Everyone. ;o> First of all I want to say how hard I am praying for all of the> people involved with the fires..... How sad I am for them.... Jan. When> they cleared my blockage in my common duct they used the term sludge> also...... He said it was tiny stones mixed with bile..... What the heck> is this sludge anyway.... A new term for I don't know? ;o Dave, I just> know your tests will be fine. Terry I hope you are doing ok.... Hi> Fluffy!!!!! This back row is really neat... They can't find us, but we> can find them.. LOL.... Hi Sharon!!!! How is Dennis???? If I know him> he is hiking.... Hello to everyone else that my CRS forgot!!! I would> like to send a big warm Welcome to Stanley..... Sending healing hugs out> to all of you.... I MISS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!> I'm still having problems but, I take One day at a time... Jan tell> hubby from one sludge to another that I sad Hi.... ;o>> Angel Hugs,> Diane>> May Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity>>>>>>

Guest guest

Do you have a Juiceman Juicer. If so I think there are alot of recipe's on the website. Re: [ ] Digest Number 504> Hello Everyone. ;o> First of all I want to say how hard I am praying for all of the> people involved with the fires..... How sad I am for them.... Jan. When> they cleared my blockage in my common duct they used the term sludge> also...... He said it was tiny stones mixed with bile..... What the heck> is this sludge anyway.... A new term for I don't know? ;o Dave, I just> know your tests will be fine. Terry I hope you are doing ok.... Hi> Fluffy!!!!! This back row is really neat... They can't find us, but we> can find them.. LOL.... Hi Sharon!!!! How is Dennis???? If I know him> he is hiking.... Hello to everyone else that my CRS forgot!!! I would> like to send a big warm Welcome to Stanley..... Sending healing hugs out> to all of you.... I MISS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!> I'm still having problems but, I take One day at a time... Jan tell> hubby from one sludge to another that I sad Hi.... ;o>> Angel Hugs,> Diane>> May Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity>>>>>>

Guest guest

Dennis, we have tons of sunshine. I would trade you for some rain.

Terry

Dennis <dhuber@...> wrote:

Hi Dave

I'm thinking of trying some juice recipes - know any good (drinkable) ones? I sort of remember one with mango, bananas, and ? - maybe frozen orange or lime juice? I said before - the last one I made looked and tasted like dirt. I need something that will give me some energy when I get home from work.

Dennis

Re: [ ] Digest Number 504> Hello Everyone. ;o> First of all I want to say how hard I am praying for all of the> people involved with the fires..... How sad I am for them.... Jan. When> they cleared my blockage in my common duct they used the term sludge> also...... He said it was tiny stones mixed with bile..... What the heck> is this sludge anyway.... A new term for I don't know? ;o Dave, I just> know your tests will be fine. Terry I hope you are doing ok.... Hi> Fluffy!!!!! This back row is really neat... They can't find us, but we> can find them.. LOL.... Hi Sharon!!!! How is Dennis???? If I know him> he is hiking.... Hello to everyone else that my CRS forgot!!! I would> like to send a big warm Welcome to Stanley..... Sending healing hugs out> to all of you.... I MISS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!> I'm still having problems but, I take One day at a time... Jan tell> hubby from one sludge to another that I sad Hi.... ;o>> Angel Hugs,> Diane>> May Rainbow Dreams Color Your World With Love, Hope, Peace & Unity>>>>>>

Guest guest

Ok, I hope so, because I'm fat'n'sassy up here ready for a good race... na na na na na... can't catch me... -dz-

Jannewilms43@... wrote: I'm ready for ya Dave!!

Guest guest

Well, I know enough to get myself into trouble. Then when I have to get myself back out of it, that's when I really learn. If my son is around, he may learn a few new words as well. :)

We're in the midst of some beautiful weather here, too. Of course it rained Saturday and Sunday and now is beautiful

I'll try to dig up some juice recipes for you. Some of the healthiest ones aren't the tastiest. A couple of tips is that apples and/or carrots can usually be added to juice and they make it a little more palatable. -dz-

Dennis <dhuber@...> wrote:

Hi Dave

Dennis

Guest guest

Water might just be our most scarce commodity this summer. In fact it has been suggested and indeed I do believe passed that we are declared and emergency drought state. Its pretty awful. These fires are not helping either I am quite sure. Oh and $200,000.00 for a house is not much anymore not much you'd really like in that price bracket. We natives ( Those born and raised in Colorado ) are quite convinced that we have had such an influx of Californians who are insulted if that can't pay at least a half a million for something quite quaint that is virtually ruined any common sense that ever existed in the housing market out here. I really should not blame the Californians however they did have help.... from Texans !!!! Just kidding : ) LOL Re: [ ] Digest Number 504 I remember that one of the things that amazed me in Denver was the absence of lawns. I worked installing underground CATV and we went through beautiful $200,000 homes and they usually had a lawn in front, but the back was often just dirt and landscaping (decorative rocks, etc). I guess they can't use the same type of grass we grow here and what they use is expensive to buy and expensive to water. Having the big drink nearby (Lake Michigan) is quite an advantage to us. Water is relatively inexpensive. -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote: I can't afford a garden. Being in the desert with very little rain. You have to water then your water bill shoots sky high. Even without watering a garden, just watering our trees, a few plants, bathing & cooking our water bill runs around $100 a month. So it is cheaper to just buy it in the store. Terry Jannewilms43@... wrote: Dennis beleive it or not i am one cajun that don't like turtle...Alot of us do but not this one..Been there.done that..I agree they should just keep roaming the earth..You did say snapping turtles?? Watch out..Once they latch on they don't turn loose!!!Glad to see ya on..The only thing I have in my garden is tomato and cucumbers..They are doing great though..We have been having some pretty weather down here..

Guest guest

Only the RICH Texans who have their summer homes in

Aspen. I'd love to do that. Except I'd want to be in

the middle of nowhere. Actually housing in Houston is

pretty cheap. But who would want to live here besides

me? We have a 1400 sq ft house on a little more than

1/2 acre and it's worth about 80,000. So if you can

stand the crime, heat and pollution, you can live

cheap.

lol

Sharon

Guest guest

We have a rock in front & back yard 3 with palm-trees in the front yard, 4 citress-trees & shrubs in the front & back yard. Some houses have grass in the front & back yards & several houses have grass in the front & rock in the back. There are some like you saw in Denver with grass in the front & just dirt in the back. I would rather spend my money other places, then on keeping the grass green. Plus if you have a grass yard, you have to mow it and pushing a lawn mower when it's 100 plus out side does not sound like fun. When I was living in the midwest I enjoyed mowing the lawn.

Terry

imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

I remember that one of the things that amazed me in Denver was the absence of lawns. I worked installing underground CATV and we went through beautiful $200,000 homes and they usually had a lawn in front, but the back was often just dirt and landscaping (decorative rocks, etc). I guess they can't use the same type of grass we grow here and what they use is expensive to buy and expensive to water. Having the big drink nearby (Lake Michigan) is quite an advantage to us. Water is relatively inexpensive. -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

I can't afford a garden. Being in the desert with very little rain. You have to water then your water bill shoots sky high. Even without watering a garden, just watering our trees, a few plants, bathing & cooking our water bill runs around $100 a month. So it is cheaper to just buy it in the store. Terry Jannewilms43@... wrote: Dennis beleive it or not i am one cajun that don't like turtle...Alot of us do but not this one..Been there.done that..I agree they should just keep roaming the earth..You did say snapping turtles?? Watch out..Once they latch on they don't turn loose!!!Glad to see ya on..The only thing I have in my garden is tomato and cucumbers..They are doing great though..We have been having some pretty weather down here..

Guest guest

I think when Colorado's economy was strong and Texas was wavering a bit we inherited alot... but its really irrelevant. I am not sure there is anything you could buy in this state for $80,000.00 In 1991 my daughter in law sold her house for $111,000.00 and it was only just over a thousand square ft. LOL Re: [ ] Digest Number 504 Only the RICH Texans who have their summer homes inAspen. I'd love to do that. Except I'd want to be inthe middle of nowhere. Actually housing in Houston ispretty cheap. But who would want to live here besidesme? We have a 1400 sq ft house on a little more than1/2 acre and it's worth about 80,000. So if you canstand the crime, heat and pollution, you can livecheap.lol Sharon__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Dave we have a rock yard front & back, 3 palm trees in the front yard 4 citrus-trees in the back yard with some shrubs in the front & back yards. There's some houses that do have grass in there front & back yards, some have grass in the front & rock in the back & some are like the ones you saw in Denver with grass in the front & just dirt in the back. I have other place's to put our money then to put our money then having a grass yard. Plus pushing a mower when it is 100 plus does not sound like fun to me. When we lived back in the midwest I enjoyed mowing the yard.

Terry

imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

I remember that one of the things that amazed me in Denver was the absence of lawns. I worked installing underground CATV and we went through beautiful $200,000 homes and they usually had a lawn in front, but the back was often just dirt and landscaping (decorative rocks, etc). I guess they can't use the same type of grass we grow here and what they use is expensive to buy and expensive to water. Having the big drink nearby (Lake Michigan) is quite an advantage to us. Water is relatively inexpensive. -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

I can't afford a garden. Being in the desert with very little rain. You have to water then your water bill shoots sky high. Even without watering a garden, just watering our trees, a few plants, bathing & cooking our water bill runs around $100 a month. So it is cheaper to just buy it in the store. Terry Jannewilms43@... wrote: Dennis beleive it or not i am one cajun that don't like turtle...Alot of us do but not this one..Been there.done that..I agree they should just keep roaming the earth..You did say snapping turtles?? Watch out..Once they latch on they don't turn loose!!!Glad to see ya on..The only thing I have in my garden is tomato and cucumbers..They are doing great though..We have been having some pretty weather down here..

Guest guest

, our governer is seeking the same thing from Washington with having less then half our normal rain & snow for the last four or five years. Califoran's have helped shoot up our home value's. There was a joke a few years ago that the Califoran's started pulling there U-hauls into the new houseing devlopment's at they were driving into Phoenix buying up any thing they could.

Terry

WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

Water might just be our most scarce commodity this summer. In fact it has been suggested and indeed I do believe passed that we are declared and emergency drought state. Its pretty awful. These fires are not helping either I am quite sure. Oh and $200,000.00 for a house is not much anymore not much you'd really like in that price bracket. We natives ( Those born and raised in Colorado ) are quite convinced that we have had such an influx of Californians who are insulted if that can't pay at least a half a million for something quite quaint that is virtually ruined any common sense that ever existed in the housing market out here. I really should not blame the Californians however they did have help.... from Texans !!!!

Just kidding : ) LOL

Re: [ ] Digest Number 504

Guest guest

Sharon, we have the crime, pollution & HEAT here in Phoenix. But a half way decant 1400 sq ft house on a 1/2 acre would cost you 150,000 to 200,000. Car insurance is the highest in all the 50 states, our somer light bills on this 1700 sq ft house runs us $350 to $450 a month. in the wenter if we have a warm one "over night temp's in the upper 30's to mid 40's it is $85 to $100. But if we get down into the upper 20's it will run $100 to $150". With all of that the Phoenix metro area is growing by several thosand a week.

Terry

Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: Only the RICH Texans who have their summer homes inAspen. I'd love to do that. Except I'd want to be inthe middle of nowhere. Actually housing in Houston ispretty cheap. But who would want to live here besidesme? We have a 1400 sq ft house on a little more than1/2 acre and it's worth about 80,000. So if you canstand the crime, heat and pollution, you can livecheap.lol Sharon__________________________________________________

Guest guest

I enjoy mowing but I agree in the real heat of

summer, it's tough. Luckily I have a big enough yard

to use a riding lawnmower and only have to push a

little. But I'm very weird and all yardwork has always

been therapeutic for me.

Sharon

--- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

>

> We have a rock in front & back yard 3 with

> palm-trees in the front yard, 4 citress-trees &

> shrubs in the front & back yard. Some houses have

> grass in the front & back yards & several houses

> have grass in the front & rock in the back. There

> are some like you saw in Denver with grass in the

> front & just dirt in the back. I would rather spend

> my money other places, then on keeping the grass

> green. Plus if you have a grass yard, you have to

> mow it and pushing a lawn mower when it's 100 plus

> out side does not sound like fun. When I was living

> in the midwest I enjoyed mowing the lawn.

> Terry

> imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote:

> I remember that one of the things that amazed me in

> Denver was the absence of lawns. I worked installing

> underground CATV and we went through beautiful

> $200,000 homes and they usually had a lawn in front,

> but the back was often just dirt and landscaping

> (decorative rocks, etc). I guess they can't use the

> same type of grass we grow here and what they use is

> expensive to buy and expensive to water. Having the

> big drink nearby (Lake Michigan) is quite an

> advantage to us. Water is relatively inexpensive.

> -dz-

> Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

> I can't afford a garden. Being in the desert

> with very little rain. You have to water then your

> water bill shoots sky high. Even without watering a

> garden, just watering our trees, a few plants,

> bathing & cooking our water bill runs around $100 a

> month. So it is cheaper to just buy it in the store.

>

> Terry

>

> Jannewilms43@... wrote: Dennis beleive it or

> not i am one cajun that don't like turtle...Alot of

> us do but not this one..Been there.done that..I

> agree they should just keep roaming the earth..You

> did say snapping turtles?? Watch out..Once they

> latch on they don't turn loose!!!Glad to see ya

> on..The only thing I have in my garden is tomato and

> cucumbers..They are doing great though..We have been

> having some pretty weather down here..

>

Guest guest

Ahh, you mean the '80s. When the boomtown busted.

Well, anyone with any sense would rather live in

Colorado than Houston. Ive just always been here. I

don't know how I'd handle those winters. How is Greg

doing anyway?

Sharon

--- WILLIAM A WALTKE <kbwaltke@...> wrote:

> I think when Colorado's economy was strong and Texas

> was wavering

> a bit we inherited alot... but its really

> irrelevant. I am not sure there is

> anything you could buy in this state for $80,000.00

> In 1991 my daughter in

> law sold her house for $111,000.00 and it was only

> just over a thousand

> square ft. LOL

>

> Re: [ ] Digest Number 504

>

> Only the RICH Texans who have their summer homes in

> Aspen. I'd love to do that. Except I'd want to be in

> the middle of nowhere. Actually housing in Houston

> is

> pretty cheap. But who would want to live here

> besides

> me? We have a 1400 sq ft house on a little more than

> 1/2 acre and it's worth about 80,000. So if you can

> stand the crime, heat and pollution, you can live

> cheap.

> lol

> Sharon

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Well, at least the cost of living is reasonable here.

Sharon

--- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:

>

> Sharon, we have the crime, pollution & HEAT

> here in Phoenix. But a half way decant 1400 sq ft

> house on a 1/2 acre would cost you 150,000 to

> 200,000. Car insurance is the highest in all the 50

> states, our somer light bills on this 1700 sq ft

> house runs us $350 to $450 a month. in the wenter if

> we have a warm one " over night temp's in the upper

> 30's to mid 40's it is $85 to $100. But if we get

> down into the upper 20's it will run $100 to $150 " .

> With all of that the Phoenix metro area is growing

> by several thosand a week.

> Terry

> Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: Only the

> RICH Texans who have their summer homes in

> Aspen. I'd love to do that. Except I'd want to be in

> the middle of nowhere. Actually housing in Houston

> is

> pretty cheap. But who would want to live here

> besides

> me? We have a 1400 sq ft house on a little more than

> 1/2 acre and it's worth about 80,000. So if you can

> stand the crime, heat and pollution, you can live

> cheap.

> lol

> Sharon

>

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Sharon, in the later part of June through early September it will be 100 degree's at 10 O'clock at night & only make's it down into the mid to upper 90"s in the morning. I am working day's this week, every day when I get off. The car has been sitting in the parking lot with the sun beating down on it, the stearing wheel & gear shift is so hot I can't touch them. So I start the car turn on the AC & sit close to five minutes waiting for the stearing wheel to cool down.

Terry

Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: I enjoy mowing but I agree in the real heat ofsummer, it's tough. Luckily I have a big enough yardto use a riding lawnmower and only have to push alittle. But I'm very weird and all yardwork has alwaysbeen therapeutic for me. Sharon--- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote:> > We have a rock in front & back yard 3 with> palm-trees in the front yard, 4 citress-trees & > shrubs in the front & back yard. Some houses have> grass in the front & back yards & several houses> have grass in the front & rock in the back. There> are some like you saw in Denver with grass in the> front & just dirt in the back. I would rather spend> my money other places, then on keeping the grass> green. Plus if you have a grass yard, you have to> mow it and pushing a lawn mower when it's 100 plus> out side does not sound like fun. When I was living> in the midwest I enjoyed mowing the lawn.> Terry> imaganeer <imaganeer@...> wrote: > I remember that one of the things that amazed me in> Denver was the absence of lawns. I worked installing> underground CATV and we went through beautiful> $200,000 homes and they usually had a lawn in front,> but the back was often just dirt and landscaping> (decorative rocks, etc). I guess they can't use the> same type of grass we grow here and what they use is> expensive to buy and expensive to water. Having the> big drink nearby (Lake Michigan) is quite an> advantage to us. Water is relatively inexpensive. > -dz- > Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote: > I can't afford a garden. Being in the desert> with very little rain. You have to water then your> water bill shoots sky high. Even without watering a> garden, just watering our trees, a few plants,> bathing & cooking our water bill runs around $100 a> month. So it is cheaper to just buy it in the store.> > Terry > > Jannewilms43@... wrote: Dennis beleive it or> not i am one cajun that don't like turtle...Alot of> us do but not this one..Been there.done that..I> agree they should just keep roaming the earth..You> did say snapping turtles?? Watch out..Once they> latch on they don't turn loose!!!Glad to see ya> on..The only thing I have in my garden is tomato and> cucumbers..They are doing great though..We have been> having some pretty weather down here.. >

Guest guest

I hope you get the drought relief too. Most of the Colorado farmers had to simply plow the winter wheat under .... nothing there. Its sad.... Re: [ ] Digest Number 504 I remember that one of the things that amazed me in Denver was the absence of lawns. I worked installing underground CATV and we went through beautiful $200,000 homes and they usually had a lawn in front, but the back was often just dirt and landscaping (decorative rocks, etc). I guess they can't use the same type of grass we grow here and what they use is expensive to buy and expensive to water. Having the big drink nearby (Lake Michigan) is quite an advantage to us. Water is relatively inexpensive. -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote: I can't afford a garden. Being in the desert with very little rain. You have to water then your water bill shoots sky high. Even without watering a garden, just watering our trees, a few plants, bathing & cooking our water bill runs around $100 a month. So it is cheaper to just buy it in the store. Terry Jannewilms43@... wrote: Dennis beleive it or not i am one cajun that don't like turtle...Alot of us do but not this one..Been there.done that..I agree they should just keep roaming the earth..You did say snapping turtles?? Watch out..Once they latch on they don't turn loose!!!Glad to see ya on..The only thing I have in my garden is tomato and cucumbers..They are doing great though..We have been having some pretty weather down here..

Guest guest

Greg is okay but he has the extreme fatigue that he can't have and of course his liver that has no pain stimulus has hurt him. Of course though all his numbers are fine so whats to worry.... Of course we don't know the viral load only his enzymes. OY!!! Re: [ ] Digest Number 504> > Only the RICH Texans who have their summer homes in> Aspen. I'd love to do that. Except I'd want to be in> the middle of nowhere. Actually housing in Houston> is> pretty cheap. But who would want to live here> besides> me? We have a 1400 sq ft house on a little more than> 1/2 acre and it's worth about 80,000. So if you can> stand the crime, heat and pollution, you can live> cheap.> lol> Sharon> > __________________________________________________>

Guest guest

They should be fine. Pueblo is a good ways south of Colorado Springs and this particular fire is North of Colorado Springs. However I know there is a fire down in the South east area of the state..... I am not sure how close that would be to Pueblo. Right now we have 9 fires in our stat and normally most of them would be news. But with the Hayman fire they hardly give details on the others. Re: [ ] Digest Number 504 My son lived out there for a couple of years. I went out to get him one summer and my ex and her husband were good enough to take us out on a little tour. I wish I could remember the name of the town, but it was an old copper mining town that was kept in it's old state as a tourist attraction. There was some beautiful country out that way, not quite as desertlike as I would have expected. Like you, though, I didn't think it was the place for me. I love my lakes and forests, although I do miss the Rocky Mountains and the weather that Denver provided, I did a lot of hiking out there. They too had a lot of sunshine, they claimed over 300 days a year. Sometimes in the winter we may not see the sun for 30 days here. -dz- Terry Long <pawpawto3@...> wrote: Dennis that is about all we have in the desert is sunshine 365 days a year. At least it seams that way. I know I have this many times before, I counting the days till retirement so I can leave the not so great southwest. Terry

Guest guest

We're about in the same boat (or house). So if you can stand the cold, you can live pretty cheap here, too. Housing-wise anyway. Wisconsin taxes are pretty high. Crime and pollution aren't that big an issue here, we're only a town of 100,000. Of course you have to give up some of the advantages of a big city. I know I would command a larger wage in Milwaukee or Denver or Houston, but I guess you take the good with the bad. -dz-

Sharon Zeis <szeis_1@...> wrote: Only the RICH Texans who have their summer homes inAspen. I'd love to do that. Except I'd want to be inthe middle of nowhere. Actually housing in Houston ispretty cheap. But who would want to live here besidesme? We have a 1400 sq ft house on a little more than1/2 acre and it's worth about 80,000. So if you canstand the crime, heat and pollution, you can livecheap.lol Sharon__________________________________________________