Guest guest

Re: exercise

Rate this topic

Guest guest

WTG catherine. i heard kinda the same thing from a guy at work. he told

me he and his GF were at the store when i was picking up some of the

freight and moving it around and she was just blown away that a woman

could lift like that. now sometimes when he goes by he says hi tough

lady haha. it does make you feel fit and good doesn't it. keep it up.

marjie/bubbles + +

190/160/156.5/150 0

09-02-98 \__/

today i went to the bank and they offered me chocolate i said no thanks and one lady said oh go ahead i had one . i said no thanks :) so a second lady said do you still go to the gym and the first lady said yah you should see her there throwing that iron around like its nothing ..that made me feel good i was really psyched and i lifted way more than i have so far i have been just kinda slacking but today i really put myself in it i love to work out when you feel all hyped up :)

catherine

Please visit our homepage at http://members.xoom.com/AChallengers

You will find information, recipes, before and after pictures.

To contact the list owner please send mail to lindag@...

Visit our 2000 Train Tour Site - http://www.brunnet.net/k & l/web_site_train_tour/actraintour.htm

Guest guest

WTG catherine. i heard kinda the same thing from a guy at work. he told

me he and his GF were at the store when i was picking up some of the

freight and moving it around and she was just blown away that a woman

could lift like that. now sometimes when he goes by he says hi tough

lady haha. it does make you feel fit and good doesn't it. keep it up.

marjie/bubbles + +

190/160/156.5/150 0

09-02-98 \__/

today i went to the bank and they offered me chocolate i said no thanks and one lady said oh go ahead i had one . i said no thanks :) so a second lady said do you still go to the gym and the first lady said yah you should see her there throwing that iron around like its nothing ..that made me feel good i was really psyched and i lifted way more than i have so far i have been just kinda slacking but today i really put myself in it i love to work out when you feel all hyped up :)

catherine

Please visit our homepage at http://members.xoom.com/AChallengers

You will find information, recipes, before and after pictures.

To contact the list owner please send mail to lindag@...

Visit our 2000 Train Tour Site - http://www.brunnet.net/k & l/web_site_train_tour/actraintour.htm

Guest guest

Hi guys,

, I know this is a late answer but had to laugh. You have a

poltergeist that does weight lifting. Oh thats so funny.

Mom Pudge

pudge@...

Guest guest

a - if I did all that I would be laying dead across the treadmill, bumping and thrashing around because it would still be running. The cats would think I wanted to play.

Guest guest

It's not as hard as it sounds. But speaking of cats and treadmills, you should see Jordan when I am on it. Actually I may have already told you. But he has this ritual while i am on it where he runs up and down the basements stairs and all around the basement real fast screeching to a stop at certain points. And it is always the same routine with the same stop points. It is a riot.

a

a - if I did all that I would be laying dead across the treadmill, bumping and thrashing around because it would still be running. The cats would think I wanted to play.Please visit our homepage at http://members.xoom.com/AChallengersYou will find information, recipes, before and after pictures.To contact the list owner please send mail to lindag@...Visit our 2000 Train Tour Site - http://www.brunnet.net/k & l/web_site_train_tour/actraintour.htm

Guest guest

It sounds good to me, a....I have noticed that most walking programs have varied days...like 30 min Monday, 45 Tuesday, and so on...do you have a TV where you have your treadmill? We don't want you getting bored!!!!

Joya

Guest guest

I do have a tv and I watched Dr. Weill, the optimum health guy. But between tv, books on tape or music, I seem to enjoy music the most. But i still get bored. But what about my heart rate Joya? I want it to be higher. does that mean i have to take up jogging?

corky

It sounds good to me, a....I have noticed that most walking programs have varied days...like 30 min Monday, 45 Tuesday, and so on...do you have a TV where you have your treadmill? We don't want you getting bored!!!!

JoyaPlease visit our homepage at http://members.xoom.com/AChallengersYou will find information, recipes, before and after pictures.To contact the list owner please send mail to lindag@...Visit our 2000 Train Tour Site - http://www.brunnet.net/k & l/web_site_train_tour/actraintour.htm

Guest guest

a, personally I would not start jogging till all the weight is off as you may hurt your joints...I don't know I never pay attention to the heart rate! Why not buy a couple of aerobic or Tae Bo tapes and do that a couple of times a week...cross training is a very effective way to lose weight.

Joya

Guest guest

a, personally I would not start jogging till all the weight is off as you may hurt your joints...I don't know I never pay attention to the heart rate! Why not buy a couple of aerobic or Tae Bo tapes and do that a couple of times a week...cross training is a very effective way to lose weight.

Joya

Guest guest

well do you think I can do tae bo if I have no rhythm and am left handed and do everything backwards? and if the answer is yes, then tell me what to buy on ebay and how much to bid on it.

JoyaPlease visit our homepage at http://members.xoom.com/AChallengersYou will find information, recipes, before and after pictures.To contact the list owner please send mail to lindag@...Visit our 2000 Train Tour Site - http://www.brunnet.net/k & l/web_site_train_tour/actraintour.htm

Guest guest

YES. Tae Bo does not have complicated steps like Aerobic dancing. Go to ebay and type in Blanks or Tae Bo...I have seen the starter set advertised there a lot. First go to taebo.com and see what it costs there so that you will have an idea of what would be a bargain at ebay. If there are any other Basic tapes or Basic Live ones those are the ones to get.

Joya

well do you think I can do tae bo if I have no rhythm and am left handed and do everything backwards? and if the answer is yes, then tell me what to buy on ebay and how much to bid on it.

Guest guest

I know the feeling of getting bored with everday exercising. Is ur treadmill

in front of ur tv? I have my bike in front of my tv in a spare room, that

helps a lot. Also I only do half hour of the bike then I go to a aerboics

tape, wud be way too boring to do 60 minutes on the bike.

Taking blood pressure meds makes the pause rate go down too? guess that wud

make sense. How high is ur blood pressure without the meds? Mine is high

too, but creeping down with diet/exercise and mine is only high though cuz im

on the pill, on my off week from the pill it goes back down to almost normal,

so doc says long as it doesnt go higher and i keep exercising i can stay on

the pill.

As far as getting ur pause rate up for fat burning mode, as long as ur losing

weight that prolly does not matter. ANY movement is better then none. To me

exercise is exercise no matter what the pause rate. Only reason I knew mine

is cuz the gym I was going to tempoarly had pause rate monitors on the

machines..who knows if they were really correct. When Im working at home I

dont bother taking my pause rate, I mean after all im breathing hard and

sweating...trust me im working hard enuff! :-) So I say dont sweat the

pause rate deal!

In a message dated 3/4/01 12:28:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,

corkyb@... writes:

> I did 35 minutes on the treadmill today. I can't seem to do 45 regularly

> now that I am exercising every day. I get too bored with it. Also I am

> having trouble getting my heart rate up and keeping it there. today I had

to

> jog to get it to hit 130 and it didn't stay. As I've mentioned, I take

blood

> pressure meds which have considerably slowed my heart rate. But I wonder

if

> I am getting a fatburning workout or not. Here's what i did

>

> 2 to 5 minutes warm up gradually speeding up

> 5 to 8 minutes at 3.0 mph

> 20 minutes 3.2 to 3.4 with mostly 3.4 and a 1 to 2 minute jog at 3.6

> 10 minutes at 3.0

Guest guest

I second this! I have read before anyone 25 pounds or more overweight shud

NOT jog. And even if ur not overweight jogging is so hard on the body,

unless its something u like to do I see no point in it.

In a message dated 3/4/01 1:16:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,

bocock@... writes:

> a, personally I would not start jogging till all the weight is off as

you

> may hurt your joints...I don't know I never pay attention to the heart

rate!

> Why not buy a couple of aerobic or Tae Bo tapes and do that a couple of

times

> a week...cross training is a very effective way to lose weight.

>

> Joya

Guest guest

a....was thinking of you at 3AM when a big thunderstorm hit and woke me

up...regarding your walking....what about the sprints I mentioned a few

weeks ago? Walk at your regular pace...say it is 3.2 and then up it to 4.0

for one minute then bring it back to 3.2 and recuperate (do not go slower

than what you started with)....you can do this throughout the workout and it

will get your heart going, plus it is a good way to burn fat.

Did you check out the TaeBo?

If you get a chance, check in today...worried that there was no message this

morning since your computer was acting up! I know the Noreaster hasn't hit

yet so you may have gone to work...and that means you can stock up on food

for tomorrow!!! Am wondering why you never mention chicken? Do you not

like it? And in the states so nifty, you can buy the precooked slices and

sautee for chinese and things like that...so many more easy things to cook!

Joya

Guest guest

My blood pressure was 160/102 when I started blood pressure meds and my resting pulse rate (during the day, not true resting) was around 95. My blood pressure is now about 120/70 something and my daytime pulse rate is around 80 I think. I have asked my cardiologist to take me off or reduce the blood pressure meds and he won't. He says if I have a 50 lb weight loss and can show him my blood pressure decreasing over time (which I can't do) he will try to reduce or take me off. So unless I want to go against drs. orders, and I don't, NORMA, then I am stuck on these meds. they had trouble controlling it when i first went on too, and had to increase it about four different times. But the doctor points out that my pulse rate is lower, which is healthier. I was actually referred to him for a pulse rate over 100 along with the blood pressure. And my pressure is very good, so as he says, why mess with it? The real reason I would like to mess with it is to see if I would lose weight easier, but he won't buy that as a reason.

corky

I know the feeling of getting bored with everday exercising. Is ur treadmill in front of ur tv? I have my bike in front of my tv in a spare room, that helps a lot. Also I only do half hour of the bike then I go to a aerboics tape, wud be way too boring to do 60 minutes on the bike. Taking blood pressure meds makes the pause rate go down too? guess that wud make sense. How high is ur blood pressure without the meds? Mine is high too, but creeping down with diet/exercise and mine is only high though cuz im on the pill, on my off week from the pill it goes back down to almost normal, so doc says long as it doesnt go higher and i keep exercising i can stay on the pill. As far as getting ur pause rate up for fat burning mode, as long as ur losing weight that prolly does not matter. ANY movement is better then none. To me exercise is exercise no matter what the pause rate. Only reason I knew mine is cuz the gym I was going to tempoarly had pause rate monitors on the machines..who knows if they were really correct. When Im working at home I dont bother taking my pause rate, I mean after all im breathing hard and sweating...trust me im working hard enuff! :-) So I say dont sweat the pause rate deal! > I did 35 minutes on the treadmill today. I can't seem to do 45 regularly > now that I am exercising every day. I get too bored with it. Also I am > having trouble getting my heart rate up and keeping it there. today I had to > jog to get it to hit 130 and it didn't stay. As I've mentioned, I take blood > pressure meds which have considerably slowed my heart rate. But I wonder if > I am getting a fatburning workout or not. Here's what i did> > 2 to 5 minutes warm up gradually speeding up> 5 to 8 minutes at 3.0 mph> 20 minutes 3.2 to 3.4 with mostly 3.4 and a 1 to 2 minute jog at 3.6> 10 minutes at 3.0Please visit our homepage at http://members.xoom.com/AChallengersYou will find information, recipes, before and after pictures.To contact the list owner please send mail to lindag@...Visit our 2000 Train Tour Site - http://www.brunnet.net/k & l/web_site_train_tour/actraintour.htm

Guest guest

Oh I never intended to jog at this rate. But it seems that I have to do short jogging sprints, which I do do, to get my heart rate up. But I wouldn't joog for very long at this weight and it is hardly jogging at 3.7 mph.

corky

I second this! I have read before anyone 25 pounds or more overweight shud NOT jog. And even if ur not overweight jogging is so hard on the body, unless its something u like to do I see no point in it.> a, personally I would not start jogging till all the weight is off as you > may hurt your joints...I don't know I never pay attention to the heart rate! > Why not buy a couple of aerobic or Tae Bo tapes and do that a couple of times > a week...cross training is a very effective way to lose weight.> > JoyaPlease visit our homepage at http://members.xoom.com/AChallengersYou will find information, recipes, before and after pictures.To contact the list owner please send mail to lindag@...Visit our 2000 Train Tour Site - http://www.brunnet.net/k & l/web_site_train_tour/actraintour.htm

Guest guest

Hi JOya,

I'm here. sorry you got woken up at 3 AM, but it is nice to be thought of by friends :>). I am doing a little sprint here and there, don't know if I could do 4 mph though. I don't have to up it much to get into a jog. I guess I am just really slow as even when I weighed less and jogged regularly, people walked faster than I ran. But, it worked and that was all that counted.

As for chicken, for a long time whenever I cooked for myself it was always chicken breasts. I always have schwans in the freezer and do eat them. I have just been getting into cooking beef as I never did before. Sometimes a whole chicken and/or the smell of turkey grosses me out. I did mean to buy last week though and forgot. I didn't stop at the store, I will cook myself chicken breasts tomorrow probably. I did go to work until 2 PM when the governor sent everyone home. The roads were very very bad driving home and I'm sure the stores were mobbed. I slipped and slided a lot, so I came straight home. Corky peed on my porch instead of the yard. I don't know if he can't tell the difference when it is all white or if he just doesn't want to get in the snow, but when my deck gets covered, he won't go beyond it. the little shit. So I dug him out a run. I hate shoveling with a passion.

a

a....was thinking of you at 3AM when a big thunderstorm hit and woke meup...regarding your walking....what about the sprints I mentioned a fewweeks ago? Walk at your regular pace...say it is 3.2 and then up it to 4.0for one minute then bring it back to 3.2 and recuperate (do not go slowerthan what you started with)....you can do this throughout the workout and itwill get your heart going, plus it is a good way to burn fat.Did you check out the TaeBo?If you get a chance, check in today...worried that there was no message thismorning since your computer was acting up! I know the Noreaster hasn't hityet so you may have gone to work...and that means you can stock up on foodfor tomorrow!!! Am wondering why you never mention chicken? Do you notlike it? And in the states so nifty, you can buy the precooked slices andsautee for chinese and things like that...so many more easy things to cook!JoyaPlease visit our homepage at http://members.xoom.com/AChallengersYou will find information, recipes, before and after pictures.To contact the list owner please send mail to lindag@...Visit our 2000 Train Tour Site - http://www.brunnet.net/k & l/web_site_train_tour/actraintour.htm

Guest guest

Jayne....I haven't pulled out my pedometer in ages!!!!!!! So I shall be

glad to challenge you....let's say a minimum of 7500 steps (and then only on

the weekend---or am I making excuses already ROFL) and trying to get the

10,000 in most days?

Joya

> Thanks, Joya, I'm gonna get back on the exercise routine, hey, my house

> is getting cleaner so now clean the old system. How about another

> exercise challenge, I've been slowing down lately and need to pick up

> again...lol Haven't worn my pedometer in over a week, slug here!!!

> Today I shall go for a nice walk after I work on the house.

> Jayne

>

>

>

> Please visit our homepage at http://members.xoom.com/AChallengers

> You will find information, recipes, before and after pictures.

> To contact the list owner please send mail to lindag@...

> Visit our 2000 Train Tour Site -

http://www.brunnet.net/k & l/web_site_train_tour/actraintour.htm

>

>

>

Guest guest

My significant other bought me a glider from QVC. It is made by Fitness Quest (same manufacturer as Gazelle Glider) and actually looked the same too. But was half the price. I like a bargain. :)

Angelique

Guest guest

Always check with your doctor before you start any exercise program after

surgery. I was able to resume all exercise (in moderation of course) 4 weeks

post op. For me the puffiness took months to go down. December will be 1

year post myo and I can finally say my puffiness is gone. The area, however,

has remained numb in certain places and the muscle tone has not returned,

despite my hours of aerobics and crunches. Everyone is different. Just take

it slow and easy and be patient.

Happy recovery . . .

Guest guest

Hi, Daewo:

You must ask to your doctors. Start doing exercice could be dangerous for

healthy people too.

There are a lot of factors, age, weight, kind of sport, heart conditions, etc.

Anyway, I took again my mountainbike two months later after my firts RAI dose

(August, 27th).

Stept by stept of course. I still haven´t got adjusted my Eutirox dose

(150-200mcg). But I feel good cycling.

Ana, from Spain.

TT: 11-July-02, fol, 3 cm. hürthle cells.

---------------------------------

Yahoo! Messenger

Nueva versión: Webcam, voz, y mucho más ¡Gratis!

Guest guest

Hi, Daewo:

You must ask to your doctors. Start doing exercice could be dangerous for

healthy people too.

There are a lot of factors, age, weight, kind of sport, heart conditions, etc.

Anyway, I took again my mountainbike two months later after my firts RAI dose

(August, 27th).

Stept by stept of course. I still haven´t got adjusted my Eutirox dose

(150-200mcg). But I feel good cycling.

Ana, from Spain.

TT: 11-July-02, fol, 3 cm. hürthle cells.

---------------------------------

Yahoo! Messenger

Nueva versión: Webcam, voz, y mucho más ¡Gratis!

Guest guest

My surgeon cleared me for exercise at my two week post op meeting. You will

know if it is too soon to go swimming by the effect on your neck. Try

simulating swimming strokes with your arms and see how it feels. Of course, as

with every exercise program, you need to start slow.

Helen, TT 2/02

RAI 4/02

Scan 5/02

HP

Scanning 12/13

Modesto, CA

Guest guest

Helen, TT 2/02

RAI 4/02

Scan 5/02

HP

Scanning 12/13

Modesto, CA

Guest guest

Helen, TT 2/02

RAI 4/02

Scan 5/02

HP

Scanning 12/13

Modesto, CA