> Hi Patti,

>

> Don't be brave - control your pain. This is something

that I didn't

> do, and have lived to regret it.

>

> Please take enough medication to control that pain. If

what you have

> isn't strong enough talk to your doctor.

>

> It took a VETINARIAN to tell me off and get me to go to a

doctor about

> my pain levels. I have made much more progress since I

have been

> taking enough pain meds. And ----- for the last week I

have needed NO

> medication. That is 6 months post op.

>

> I went for 3 months really struggling with pain. Pain

creates its own

> pain - the vet told me the longer you leave it the harder

it will be

> to get under control.

>

> Hugs

>

> Aussie Margaret

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Welcome Annita

Sharonafonsen <afonsen@...> wrote:

Just a hi to all I am new to the support group but am in hep c centraal I am in my third week of treatment as of tomorrow . I am a geno type 2 My viral load is 8,000,000 I found out i had hepc right before thanksgiving . Was not that great of a holiday time but made the most of it. I do my second week od donating my blood tomorrow to the lab to see hwere im atTake care all Annita

Celebrate 's 10th Birthday! Netrospective: 100 Moments of the Web

Guest guest

Welcome Annita, hang in there and we hope

to hear from you soon. –dz-

[ ] HI

all

Just a hi to all I am new to the support group but

am in hep c centra

al I am in my third week of treatment as of

tomorrow . I am a geno

type 2 My viral load is 8,000,000 I found out i

had hepc right

before thanksgiving . Was not that great of a

holiday time but made

the most of it. I do my second week od donating my

blood tomorrow to

the lab to see hwere im at

Take care all Annita

Guest guest

Missy,I was dx May 2002. I have three children who are now 16, 14 and 11. My kids also knew I was very sick and they weren't use to see their mom down. I had severe joint and muscle pain. Poor babies would have to help me get out of the car when I got home from work if their dad wasn't home because by the time I got home I couldn't lift my legs out of the car. Then they would have to get me undressed as my fingers hurt so bad and had curled up that I couldn't undo the buttons. We waited a couple of days after my dx so I could let it sink in and go on the net and look up more info on it. That is when I found this group. They are wonderful here they always have been good about answering any questions I may have had and I have learned so much by reading everyone else's post. I can tell you there were some tears from the older too. I told them they could ask any questions even if they thought they were stupid cause I asked a lot of questions I thought sounded stupid too. They did, I answered as best as I could we all cried and we all laughed. We believe everything happens for a reason and the no matter what God will what beside us and we take one day at a time. Life is good. You learn to appreciate those babies we were bless to have and hopefully your husband is a help and you both learn to appreciate each other even more. So long story but yes I think you should tell them as our middle one was so relieved he said as he thought I had cancer. Take care. By the was I also have fibrosis an am at stage four. Jennie

Guest guest

Dear Missy,

I definitely think that you should talk to your children about your

desease. Don t let them make up their own explanations and live in

fear for you and for themselves. Because this is what children do.

They feel and sense much more than we think they do... and if not

given proper explanation - their imagination starts to work... that

can hurt them a lot.

So speak up openly about your desease, that can do good to you too.

Best of luck!

Zdenka

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/12/2005 1:45:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, q_bearz@... writes:

I asked my husband if we should talk with our two children one is 15yrs. and the other is 5yrs. They know that I have been really sick. He says that we shouldn't but I think we should.

Hi Missy

I tend to agree with you. Your kids might be imagining that things are worse than they really are. I think they need to know that there may be days when you don't have any energy and just don't feel well but that it passes. They don't have to know everything, especially the 5 yo, just tell them as much as you think they can handle.

Regards

Elaine

Long Island, NY

Guest guest

HELLO Pam,AND WELCOME TO THE GROUP.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time after your surgery.Hopefully you will begin to become pain free soon.

Don't worry about 'ranting' here. We're here to help each other get through the difficult times that we all face at one time or another.I would bet that there is someone here in this group that has been through something similar to what you are going through right now.

Wish that I could be of more help,but I haven't had any surgery yet,so I don't know what you and the others have been through.

I guess that I will stop for now.

MAY YOU HAVE A BETTER DAY TOMORROW THAN TODAY.

TAKE AS BEST CARE AS YOU CAN AND BE SAFE

LARRY,GROUP MODERATOR

I'm not sure if I've introduced myself, or even posted yet. If I already did then some of this may be redundant. If I didn't then let me introduce myself...I'm a 42/f, recently divorced, have one 13 y/o son, just sold my house, and was getting ready to start a "new" life. That's when I also decided to take care of myself and go to the doctor to find out why my left arm & shoulder were so numb, tingly, painful and would shake uncontrollably for no apparent reason. I kind of knew what was wrong because I had a laminectomy in 1983, but I kept putting it off until things settled down a bit. I saw the doctor the very beginning of Jan. 2005...Feburary 1, 2005 I had 2 discs removed from my cervical spine, an autograft from my right hip, then a titanium plate was implanted to help fuse my cervical spine

together.I'm still recovering from my surgery...still have the collar on...and still hurt. I'm so miserable because my surgeon never prepared me for how serious this surgery is. Nor, did he let me know how incapacitated I would be directly after the surgery. Don't get me wrong, I think my surgeon did a pretty good job. But, I really wish he was more informed about how much this procedure alters your life. If it weren't for the help of my family and some really sweet friends I don't know how my son and I would've been able to cope.Anyway, sorry for the rant...this is just soooooooooooo hard!!!Peace,PamREMEMBER ALL OF OUR MEN AND

WOMEN IN THE ARMED SERVICE OF OUR NATION

PRAY THAT THEY MAY BE SAFE

AND SOUND IN BODY AND MIND

Guest guest

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a bad time after your surgery.Hopefully you will begin to become pain free soon.

Don't worry about 'ranting' here. We're here to help each other get through the difficult times that we all face at one time or another.I would bet that there is someone here in this group that has been through something similar to what you are going through right now.

Wish that I could be of more help,but I haven't had any surgery yet,so I don't know what you and the others have been through.

LARRY,GROUP MODERATOR

I'm not sure if I've introduced myself, or even posted yet. If I already did then some of this may be redundant. If I didn't then let me introduce myself...I'm a 42/f, recently divorced, have one 13 y/o son, just sold my house, and was getting ready to start a "new" life. That's when I also decided to take care of myself and go to the doctor to find out why my left arm & shoulder were so numb, tingly, painful and would shake uncontrollably for no apparent reason. I kind of knew what was wrong because I had a laminectomy in 1983, but I kept putting it off until things settled down a bit. I saw the doctor the very beginning of Jan. 2005...Feburary 1, 2005 I had 2 discs removed from my cervical spine, an autograft from my right hip, then a titanium plate was implanted to help fuse my cervical spine

together.I'm still recovering from my surgery...still have the collar on...and still hurt. I'm so miserable because my surgeon never prepared me for how serious this surgery is. Nor, did he let me know how incapacitated I would be directly after the surgery. Don't get me wrong, I think my surgeon did a pretty good job. But, I really wish he was more informed about how much this procedure alters your life. If it weren't for the help of my family and some really sweet friends I don't know how my son and I would've been able to cope.Anyway, sorry for the rant...this is just soooooooooooo hard!!!Peace,PamREMEMBER ALL OF OUR MEN AND

AND SOUND IN BODY AND MIND

Guest guest

Hi, Pam,

I have had the surgery. I had an anterior discectomy and fusion at 3 levels - C4-7 with the bone graft for the fusion coming from my right hip. I was the first case in MS in which a new type of cervical plate was used. I was in a Miami J collar for about 3 months. I had trouble swallowing and even had OT after swallow x-rays revealed that I was aspirating a small amount of food every time I swallowed. This cleared up within 6 months. The pain in the hip was the most painful part. I also had meralgia paresthetica, from where the nerve was irritated. It also resolved. Now, I have surgery scheduled June 15, after my daughter graduates. I, too, am a single-again Mom. So, I know where you are coming from. If there is anything that I can answer, I will be glad to. Just be good to your self & take the time to recuperate.

Blessings,

RRTLarry Gullahorn <lagullahorn68-69@...> wrote:

LARRY,GROUP MODERATOR

together.I'm still recovering from my surgery...still have the collar on...and still hurt. I'm so miserable because my surgeon never prepared me for how serious this surgery is. Nor, did he let me know how incapacitated I would be directly after the surgery. Don't get me wrong, I think my surgeon did a pretty good job. But, I really wish he was more informed about how much this procedure alters your life. If it weren't for the help of my family and some really sweet friends I don't know how my son and I would've been able to cope.Anyway, sorry for the rant...this is just soooooooooooo hard!!!Peace,Pam

REMEMBER ALL OF OUR MEN AND

AND SOUND IN BODY AND MIND__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hi, Pam,

I have had the surgery. I had an anterior discectomy and fusion at 3 levels - C4-7 with the bone graft for the fusion coming from my right hip. I was the first case in MS in which a new type of cervical plate was used. I was in a Miami J collar for about 3 months. I had trouble swallowing and even had OT after swallow x-rays revealed that I was aspirating a small amount of food every time I swallowed. This cleared up within 6 months. The pain in the hip was the most painful part. I also had meralgia paresthetica, from where the nerve was irritated. It also resolved. Now, I have surgery scheduled June 15, after my daughter graduates. I, too, am a single-again Mom. So, I know where you are coming from. If there is anything that I can answer, I will be glad to. Just be good to your self & take the time to recuperate.

Blessings,

RRTLarry Gullahorn <lagullahorn68-69@...> wrote:

LARRY,GROUP MODERATOR

together.I'm still recovering from my surgery...still have the collar on...and still hurt. I'm so miserable because my surgeon never prepared me for how serious this surgery is. Nor, did he let me know how incapacitated I would be directly after the surgery. Don't get me wrong, I think my surgeon did a pretty good job. But, I really wish he was more informed about how much this procedure alters your life. If it weren't for the help of my family and some really sweet friends I don't know how my son and I would've been able to cope.Anyway, sorry for the rant...this is just soooooooooooo hard!!!Peace,Pam

REMEMBER ALL OF OUR MEN AND

AND SOUND IN BODY AND MIND__________________________________________________

Guest guest

I just had posterior fusion at C1-2.I am now in a

miami J collar until late April . .Your right,the hip

is the worst part .

Where are you having surgery in June ? I hope its not

the neck again .

--- Jeanie Larson <jeanrrt1218@...> wrote:

> Hi, Pam,

> I have had the surgery. I had an anterior

> discectomy and fusion at 3 levels - C4-7 with the

> bone graft for the fusion coming from my right hip.

> I was the first case in MS in which a new type of

> cervical plate was used. I was in a Miami J collar

> for about 3 months. I had trouble swallowing and

> even had OT after swallow x-rays revealed that I was

> aspirating a small amount of food every time I

> swallowed. This cleared up within 6 months. The

> pain in the hip was the most painful part. I also

> had meralgia paresthetica, from where the nerve was

> irritated. It also resolved. Now, I have surgery

> scheduled June 15, after my daughter graduates. I,

> too, am a single-again Mom. So, I know where you

> are coming from. If there is anything that I can

> answer, I will be glad to. Just be good to your

> self & take the time to recuperate.

> Blessings,

> RRT

>

> Larry Gullahorn <lagullahorn68-69@...>

> wrote:

> HELLO Pam,AND WELCOME TO THE GROUP.

> I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a bad

> time after your surgery.Hopefully you will begin to

> become pain free soon.

> Don't worry about 'ranting' here. We're here to

> help each other get through the difficult times that

> we all face at one time or another.I would bet that

> there is someone here in this group that has been

> through something similar to what you are going

> through right now.

> Wish that I could be of more help,but I haven't

> had any surgery yet,so I don't know what you and the

> others have been through.

> I guess that I will stop for now.

> MAY YOU HAVE A BETTER DAY TOMORROW THAN TODAY.

> TAKE AS BEST CARE AS YOU CAN AND BE SAFE

> LARRY,GROUP MODERATOR

>

>

>

> I'm not sure if I've introduced myself, or even

> posted yet. If I

> already did then some of this may be redundant. If

> I didn't then let

> me introduce myself...I'm a 42/f, recently divorced,

> have one 13 y/o

> son, just sold my house, and was getting ready to

> start a " new "

> life. That's when I also decided to take care of

> myself and go to

> the doctor to find out why my left arm & shoulder

> were so numb,

> tingly, painful and would shake uncontrollably for

> no apparent

> reason. I kind of knew what was wrong because I had

> a laminectomy in

> 1983, but I kept putting it off until things settled

> down a bit. I

> saw the doctor the very beginning of Jan.

> 2005...Feburary 1, 2005 I

> had 2 discs removed from my cervical spine, an

> autograft from my

> right hip, then a titanium plate was implanted to

> help fuse my

> cervical spine together.

> I'm still recovering from my surgery...still have

> the collar on...and

> still hurt. I'm so miserable because my surgeon

> never prepared me

> for how serious this surgery is. Nor, did he let me

> know how

> incapacitated I would be directly after the surgery.

> Don't get me

> wrong, I think my surgeon did a pretty good job.

> But, I really wish

> he was more informed about how much this procedure

> alters your life.

> If it weren't for the help of my family and some

> really sweet friends

> I don't know how my son and I would've been able to

> cope.

> Anyway, sorry for the rant...this is just

> soooooooooooo hard!!!

> Peace,

> Pam

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> REMEMBER ALL OF OUR MEN AND

> WOMEN IN THE ARMED SERVICE OF OUR NATION

> PRAY THAT THEY MAY BE SAFE

> AND SOUND IN BODY AND MIND

>

>

Guest guest

I just had posterior fusion at C1-2.I am now in a

miami J collar until late April . .Your right,the hip

is the worst part .

Where are you having surgery in June ? I hope its not

the neck again .

--- Jeanie Larson <jeanrrt1218@...> wrote:

> Hi, Pam,

> I have had the surgery. I had an anterior

> discectomy and fusion at 3 levels - C4-7 with the

> bone graft for the fusion coming from my right hip.

> I was the first case in MS in which a new type of

> cervical plate was used. I was in a Miami J collar

> for about 3 months. I had trouble swallowing and

> even had OT after swallow x-rays revealed that I was

> aspirating a small amount of food every time I

> swallowed. This cleared up within 6 months. The

> pain in the hip was the most painful part. I also

> had meralgia paresthetica, from where the nerve was

> irritated. It also resolved. Now, I have surgery

> scheduled June 15, after my daughter graduates. I,

> too, am a single-again Mom. So, I know where you

> are coming from. If there is anything that I can

> answer, I will be glad to. Just be good to your

> self & take the time to recuperate.

> Blessings,

> RRT

>

> Larry Gullahorn <lagullahorn68-69@...>

> wrote:

> HELLO Pam,AND WELCOME TO THE GROUP.

> I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a bad

> time after your surgery.Hopefully you will begin to

> become pain free soon.

> Don't worry about 'ranting' here. We're here to

> help each other get through the difficult times that

> we all face at one time or another.I would bet that

> there is someone here in this group that has been

> through something similar to what you are going

> through right now.

> Wish that I could be of more help,but I haven't

> had any surgery yet,so I don't know what you and the

> others have been through.

> I guess that I will stop for now.

> MAY YOU HAVE A BETTER DAY TOMORROW THAN TODAY.

> TAKE AS BEST CARE AS YOU CAN AND BE SAFE

> LARRY,GROUP MODERATOR

>

>

>

> I'm not sure if I've introduced myself, or even

> posted yet. If I

> already did then some of this may be redundant. If

> I didn't then let

> me introduce myself...I'm a 42/f, recently divorced,

> have one 13 y/o

> son, just sold my house, and was getting ready to

> start a " new "

> life. That's when I also decided to take care of

> myself and go to

> the doctor to find out why my left arm & shoulder

> were so numb,

> tingly, painful and would shake uncontrollably for

> no apparent

> reason. I kind of knew what was wrong because I had

> a laminectomy in

> 1983, but I kept putting it off until things settled

> down a bit. I

> saw the doctor the very beginning of Jan.

> 2005...Feburary 1, 2005 I

> had 2 discs removed from my cervical spine, an

> autograft from my

> right hip, then a titanium plate was implanted to

> help fuse my

> cervical spine together.

> I'm still recovering from my surgery...still have

> the collar on...and

> still hurt. I'm so miserable because my surgeon

> never prepared me

> for how serious this surgery is. Nor, did he let me

> know how

> incapacitated I would be directly after the surgery.

> Don't get me

> wrong, I think my surgeon did a pretty good job.

> But, I really wish

> he was more informed about how much this procedure

> alters your life.

> If it weren't for the help of my family and some

> really sweet friends

> I don't know how my son and I would've been able to

> cope.

> Anyway, sorry for the rant...this is just

> soooooooooooo hard!!!

> Peace,

> Pam

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> REMEMBER ALL OF OUR MEN AND

> WOMEN IN THE ARMED SERVICE OF OUR NATION

> PRAY THAT THEY MAY BE SAFE

> AND SOUND IN BODY AND MIND

>

>

Guest guest

Hi,

Yes, it is indeed the neck again. It is the area above the last fusion, which was C4-7. So, June 15 I am having C3-4 fused. How bad was the C1-2 fusion?? The reason that I am asking is that I already have problems at that level, which my surgeon says is responsible for the horrendous headaches that I get. With my luck with adjacent segment disease, I will probably have to have C1-2 and C2-3 fused within the next 3-5 years. It is almost inevitable, and my surgeon has said as much.

RRTe1952 <smokie1952@...> wrote:

I just had posterior fusion at C1-2.I am now in amiami J collar until late April . .Your right,the hipis the worst part .Where are you having surgery in June ? I hope its notthe neck again .--- Jeanie Larson <jeanrrt1218@...> wrote:> Hi, Pam,> I have had the surgery. I had an anterior> discectomy and fusion at 3 levels - C4-7 with the> bone graft for the fusion coming from my right hip. > I was the first case in MS in which a new type of> cervical plate was used. I was in a Miami J collar> for about 3 months. I had trouble swallowing and> even had OT after swallow x-rays revealed that I was> aspirating a small amount of food every time I> swallowed. This cleared up within 6 months. The> pain in the hip was the most painful

part. I also> had meralgia paresthetica, from where the nerve was> irritated. It also resolved. Now, I have surgery> scheduled June 15, after my daughter graduates. I,> too, am a single-again Mom. So, I know where you> are coming from. If there is anything that I can> answer, I will be glad to. Just be good to your> self & take the time to recuperate.> Blessings,> RRT> > Larry Gullahorn <lagullahorn68-69@...>> wrote:> HELLO Pam,AND WELCOME TO THE GROUP.> I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a bad> time after your surgery.Hopefully you will begin to> become pain free soon.> Don't worry about 'ranting' here. We're here to> help each other get through the difficult times that> we all face at one time or another.I would bet that> there is someone here in

this group that has been> through something similar to what you are going> through right now. > Wish that I could be of more help,but I haven't> had any surgery yet,so I don't know what you and the> others have been through.> I guess that I will stop for now.> MAY YOU HAVE A BETTER DAY TOMORROW THAN TODAY.> TAKE AS BEST CARE AS YOU CAN AND BE SAFE> LARRY,GROUP MODERATOR> > > > I'm not sure if I've introduced myself, or even> posted yet. If I > already did then some of this may be redundant. If> I didn't then let > me introduce myself...I'm a 42/f, recently divorced,> have one 13 y/o > son, just sold my house, and was getting ready to> start a "new" > life. That's when I also decided to take care of> myself and go to > the doctor to find out why my left arm & shoulder> were so numb,

> tingly, painful and would shake uncontrollably for> no apparent > reason. I kind of knew what was wrong because I had> a laminectomy in > 1983, but I kept putting it off until things settled> down a bit. I > saw the doctor the very beginning of Jan.> 2005...Feburary 1, 2005 I > had 2 discs removed from my cervical spine, an> autograft from my > right hip, then a titanium plate was implanted to> help fuse my > cervical spine together.> I'm still recovering from my surgery...still have> the collar on...and > still hurt. I'm so miserable because my surgeon> never prepared me > for how serious this surgery is. Nor, did he let me> know how > incapacitated I would be directly after the surgery.> Don't get me > wrong, I think my surgeon did a pretty good job. > But, I really wish > he was more

informed about how much this procedure> alters your life. > If it weren't for the help of my family and some> really sweet friends > I don't know how my son and I would've been able to> cope.> Anyway, sorry for the rant...this is just> soooooooooooo hard!!!> Peace,> Pam> > > > > > > > > > > > > REMEMBER ALL OF OUR MEN AND > WOMEN IN THE ARMED SERVICE OF OUR NATION> PRAY THAT THEY MAY BE SAFE> AND SOUND IN BODY AND MIND> >

Guest guest

Hi,

Yes, it is indeed the neck again. It is the area above the last fusion, which was C4-7. So, June 15 I am having C3-4 fused. How bad was the C1-2 fusion?? The reason that I am asking is that I already have problems at that level, which my surgeon says is responsible for the horrendous headaches that I get. With my luck with adjacent segment disease, I will probably have to have C1-2 and C2-3 fused within the next 3-5 years. It is almost inevitable, and my surgeon has said as much.

RRTe1952 <smokie1952@...> wrote:

I just had posterior fusion at C1-2.I am now in amiami J collar until late April . .Your right,the hipis the worst part .Where are you having surgery in June ? I hope its notthe neck again .--- Jeanie Larson <jeanrrt1218@...> wrote:> Hi, Pam,> I have had the surgery. I had an anterior> discectomy and fusion at 3 levels - C4-7 with the> bone graft for the fusion coming from my right hip. > I was the first case in MS in which a new type of> cervical plate was used. I was in a Miami J collar> for about 3 months. I had trouble swallowing and> even had OT after swallow x-rays revealed that I was> aspirating a small amount of food every time I> swallowed. This cleared up within 6 months. The> pain in the hip was the most painful

part. I also> had meralgia paresthetica, from where the nerve was> irritated. It also resolved. Now, I have surgery> scheduled June 15, after my daughter graduates. I,> too, am a single-again Mom. So, I know where you> are coming from. If there is anything that I can> answer, I will be glad to. Just be good to your> self & take the time to recuperate.> Blessings,> RRT> > Larry Gullahorn <lagullahorn68-69@...>> wrote:> HELLO Pam,AND WELCOME TO THE GROUP.> I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a bad> time after your surgery.Hopefully you will begin to> become pain free soon.> Don't worry about 'ranting' here. We're here to> help each other get through the difficult times that> we all face at one time or another.I would bet that> there is someone here in

this group that has been> through something similar to what you are going> through right now. > Wish that I could be of more help,but I haven't> had any surgery yet,so I don't know what you and the> others have been through.> I guess that I will stop for now.> MAY YOU HAVE A BETTER DAY TOMORROW THAN TODAY.> TAKE AS BEST CARE AS YOU CAN AND BE SAFE> LARRY,GROUP MODERATOR> > > > I'm not sure if I've introduced myself, or even> posted yet. If I > already did then some of this may be redundant. If> I didn't then let > me introduce myself...I'm a 42/f, recently divorced,> have one 13 y/o > son, just sold my house, and was getting ready to> start a "new" > life. That's when I also decided to take care of> myself and go to > the doctor to find out why my left arm & shoulder> were so numb,

> tingly, painful and would shake uncontrollably for> no apparent > reason. I kind of knew what was wrong because I had> a laminectomy in > 1983, but I kept putting it off until things settled> down a bit. I > saw the doctor the very beginning of Jan.> 2005...Feburary 1, 2005 I > had 2 discs removed from my cervical spine, an> autograft from my > right hip, then a titanium plate was implanted to> help fuse my > cervical spine together.> I'm still recovering from my surgery...still have> the collar on...and > still hurt. I'm so miserable because my surgeon> never prepared me > for how serious this surgery is. Nor, did he let me> know how > incapacitated I would be directly after the surgery.> Don't get me > wrong, I think my surgeon did a pretty good job. > But, I really wish > he was more

informed about how much this procedure> alters your life. > If it weren't for the help of my family and some> really sweet friends > I don't know how my son and I would've been able to> cope.> Anyway, sorry for the rant...this is just> soooooooooooo hard!!!> Peace,> Pam> > > > > > > > > > > > > REMEMBER ALL OF OUR MEN AND > WOMEN IN THE ARMED SERVICE OF OUR NATION> PRAY THAT THEY MAY BE SAFE> AND SOUND IN BODY AND MIND> >

Guest guest

-Glad to see you back ....:o)))

hugs Helen and (7,systemic)

p.s if you want to catch up on the posts, you can always go to the

website and read them there. I dont get mails from this list, I only

read though the website. Much easier for me that way as im on a few

different groups !!!

hugs Helen and (7,systemic)

-- In , " hskidmore " <h.skidmore@w...> wrote:

> hi everyone...

>

> I have been unable to follow posts the last few days due to a

server problem.. The spam blocker was bouncing everything from

... I hope all is well with everyone...

>

> hugs,

> Emilie

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Ken;

Funny that you should mention that.My doctor thinks that my Scleroderma might

be caused by Lyme.First test came back negative but the test is about 60%

wrong all the time.Will be doing the Western Blot test soon and I will post

results. Lynne

rheumatic Hi All

I hope you are all having a good day.

Strange coincidences have been occuring in my research and

communications on the subject of auto-immune diseases. I have two

close friends who were bitten by ticks in Southern Africa and one

developed scleroderma and the other fibromylagia (sp).They are both

on an antibiotic protocol treatment which is also prescribed for some

RAers. I wonder if we are all connected by a mycoplasma infection

which makes some of us reactive arthritis sufferers. Just a thought.

There is also trials underway for RA using goat's serum; aimspro,

which is also being used on scleroderma patients.

What do you think about the possible mycoplasma cause of RA and have

any of you heard of the aimsporo approach? Please let me know your

views

Take care.

Ken.

To unsubscribe, email: rheumatic-unsubscribeegroups

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest guest

Even the Western blot is not always accurate. Dr. Joanne Whitaker, MD.,

herself a lyme patient, has developed a test considered more accurate.

www.bowen.org/ Dr. Lida Mattman has verified the accuracy of this testing.

Dr. Mattman says Lyme is at epidemic proportions.

Ethel

rheumatic Hi All

>

>

> I hope you are all having a good day.

>

> Strange coincidences have been occuring in my research and

> communications on the subject of auto-immune diseases. I have two

> close friends who were bitten by ticks in Southern Africa and one

> developed scleroderma and the other fibromylagia (sp).They are both

> on an antibiotic protocol treatment which is also prescribed for some

> RAers. I wonder if we are all connected by a mycoplasma infection

> which makes some of us reactive arthritis sufferers. Just a thought.

>

> There is also trials underway for RA using goat's serum; aimspro,

> which is also being used on scleroderma patients.

>

> What do you think about the possible mycoplasma cause of RA and have

> any of you heard of the aimsporo approach? Please let me know your

> views

>

> Take care.

>

> Ken.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> To unsubscribe, email: rheumatic-unsubscribeegroups

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>

Guest guest

Ken - I don't have answers to your questions. But, I did want to know if

you would find out who the doctor is (are) that are treating your friends in

SA. I have 2 people I 'know' with Dermatomyositis in SA. Both are

interested in using AP (I am in remission from DM having used AP). If you

could get their doc's info that would be great. If they would be willing to

correspond with others in SA about AP, please pass on their email address to

me too.

Thanks and have a great day - Liesl

LDutro@...

Guest guest

Your almost there. That is great. I'm happy you have made it through your treatment. I know it is a tough time, but well worth it. TerryAnnita Finkemeier <redskyoregon@...> wrote:

have 2 shots to go ..i will be done with interferon.have to finish the week after of ribivirin.been tough i hurt all over annita__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Went to my OS and FINALLY 14 weeks post op from RTKR I can go back to work. He was pretty hesitant, but I convinced him I didn't do more at work than what I done at home these last few weeks. I am a mental health counselor and I told him if I couldn't go back I would be a patient instead of an employee So he said I could give it a whirl (of course with restrictions). I am sooooooooooooo excited It's been a lonnnnnnnnnnng 14 weeks. Thanks for all the encouragement during my recovery.

Hugs all

a

-- Question about itching

Hi everyone, happy Tuesday to you all. I have noticed since being home from surgery (andtaking Keflex - antibiotic, coumadin, and vicodin), Iam itching all over. Granted the skin near theincision is very tender from the bandagaing but Inotice my back, arms and butt skin areas are alsosensitive and very itchy. Is anyon else having thisproblem. i shower daily with a gently body wash anduse a light body lotion. Nothing seems to be working.Thanks, Jenn ____________________________________________________Start your day with - make it your home page http://www./r/hs

Guest guest

Thanks a million

-- Re: Hi all

Congratulations on the ok to go back to work! I know the feeling ... when I was asking my OS about going back after my THR, he said, "What do you do?" My immediate response was, "I'm a school counselor, I don't do very much." What I MEANT was that I don't do very much physical work ... but when I told my work friends what I said, it brought a big laugh!

Question about itching

Hi everyone, happy Tuesday to you all. I have noticed since being home from surgery (andtaking Keflex - antibiotic, coumadin, and vicodin), Iam itching all over. Granted the skin near theincision is very tender from the bandagaing but Inotice my back, arms and butt skin areas are alsosensitive and very itchy. Is anyon else having thisproblem. i shower daily with a gently body wash anduse a light body lotion. Nothing seems to be working.Thanks, Jenn ____________________________________________________Start your day with - make it your home page http://www./r/hs

Guest guest

Congratulations on the ok to go back to work! I know the feeling ... when I was asking my OS about going back after my THR, he said, "What do you do?" My immediate response was, "I'm a school counselor, I don't do very much." What I MEANT was that I don't do very much physical work ... but when I told my work friends what I said, it brought a big laugh!

Question about itching

Guest guest

HI my left foot does that all the time and I kinda figured out

on my own thats what it was. I asked my dr and she didnt really seem

to want to help me, she was a new dr. ALl she did was tell me I

should go see another dr which at the time there was no way I could

even begin to do. But my ankle has been damaged for almost 5 yrs

with this dang nerve pain (thats where all my sciatic nerve pain

started long ago) SO I figured that is what had happened from it

being damaged for so long. As for pain nothing for me really helps

ice does some and heat a little but basically not being up on it and

keeping it elevated is all that helps at all. Which is totally

impossible for me to do for very long any day but I still try when

it is really bad. I do take msn but I don't think that helps a ton

either. Sorry to not be any help but I am glad to hear that I was

right in what was wrong with me. I wish I could say something really

helped but sorry to say like you nothing I have found helps much.

Just resting it as much as possible. Best wishes for as pain free

day as possible. Sharon Group Owner

> Hello to everyone. I wrote in a couple weeks ago about my hands

and feet

> swelling up and hurting bad. I finally went to see the doctor

yesterday,

> and he diagnosed me with rheumatoid arthritis. I swear, I am

beginning to

> wonder what is going to go wrong with me next Funny thing is, the

pain meds

> I am taking for my back is working so well for back pain, but it

doesn't

> even touch the joint pain. Is that strange to anyone else but me?

>

> Ibuprofen seems to help somewhat, but my doctor told me not to

take any anti

> inflammitories for this. I thought this was strange because I

thought that

> is what you took for RA pain. He tried to explain the reasoning

for not

> taking them to me, but it still didn't make much since.

>

> Anyone else out there suffering from this. I would love some

input and some

> remedies that work for you. One of the things that feels so good

to me is

> using Icy Hot and putting a heating pad on.

>

> Hugs to all

>

>

Guest guest

and feet

yesterday,

beginning to

pain meds

doesn't

>

take any anti

thought that

for not

>

input and some

to me is

>

> Hugs to all

>

>

Guest guest

and feet

yesterday,

beginning to

pain meds

doesn't

>

take any anti

thought that

for not

>

input and some

to me is

>

> Hugs to all

>

>