RemedySpot.com

Re: valtrex dosing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

My son started on about 500mg at about 35#. He is now 46 #. I would say, if you're happy, stay there but know that you can go higher.

Cheryl~http://www.gryffins-tail.blogspot.com~@midian42~

Cheryl,My son is 5, but he's only 37lbs. Should he be taking 250mg or 500mg? I thought most kids under 50 lbs. (regardless of age, should stay at 250mg. -- I just assumed this...) We've been using 250mg. However, our DAN did prescribe 500mg, but I was dosing based on weight. Please advise. Thanks!From: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrancegmail>To:

mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:25:02 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Yes but for a 4.5 yr old, 500 mg 3x a day is probably better.

Cheryl~http://www. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com~@midian42~

so 250 mg three times per day?how bad is yeast with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT OFrom: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrancegmail>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Dosage should be 3x a day, not twice. DAN hasn't quite gotten up to speed on this. I know of a lot of big name, well respected DANs that aren't doing it right.

Cheryl~http://www/. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com~@midian42~

Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers.

>

> We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd.

>

> our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.

>

> i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.

>

> our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.

>

> IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...

>

>

> ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6?

>

> MATT O

>

Guest guest

My son started on about 500mg at about 35#. He is now 46 #. I would say, if you're happy, stay there but know that you can go higher.

Cheryl,My son is 5, but he's only 37lbs. Should he be taking 250mg or 500mg? I thought most kids under 50 lbs. (regardless of age, should stay at 250mg. -- I just assumed this...) We've been using 250mg. However, our DAN did prescribe 500mg, but I was dosing based on weight. Please advise. Thanks!From: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrancegmail>To:

mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:25:02 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Yes but for a 4.5 yr old, 500 mg 3x a day is probably better.

Cheryl~http://www. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com~@midian42~

so 250 mg three times per day?how bad is yeast with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT OFrom: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrancegmail>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Dosage should be 3x a day, not twice. DAN hasn't quite gotten up to speed on this. I know of a lot of big name, well respected DANs that aren't doing it right.

Cheryl~http://www/. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com~@midian42~

Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers.

>

> We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd.

>

> our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.

>

> i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.

>

> our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.

>

> IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...

>

>

> ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6?

>

> MATT O

>

Guest guest

Yes, almost 4 years.

Cheryl,

does your son still take Valtrex? if so, how long has be on it?

(We just started).

We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd.our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD

FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6?MATT O

Guest guest

Yes, almost 4 years.

Cheryl,

does your son still take Valtrex? if so, how long has be on it?

(We just started).

We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd.our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD

FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6?MATT O

Guest guest

we have been at this for two years and no we are not far along, which has been frustrating. we were off to a great start with mb-12, but everything since then has more or less been a bust. hbot, antifungal, diets and supps, iv secretin, tomatis, oral chelation... i feel like charlie brown with lucy and that damn football with this stuff.how tough is valtrex AND antifungals imultaneously on the liver?MATT OFrom:

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:51:01 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Yes, that is exactly why we stayed w/ Dr. N (b/c of the MB12.)We never ran titers. I just started the 50-60 day trial blindly, b/c he was a "viral kid," and thought he may respond well, and he did. Yes, Dr. N gave us a script for the ibuprofen. A boy in my son's social skills class goes to Larry . How far along is your son recovery wise? Have you been doing biomed for long?From: matt orourke

<matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Tue, May 18, 2010 8:05:18 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

dr. n is our dan too. we went with him as our son was a good mb-12 responder. unfortunately, hbot was a big waste of time, money, etc. so he thinks iv chelation is the way to go, but this was before we did viral and immunology panels. we have a call to do with him, we wanted to do ldn, maybe iv glutathione. .. definitely want to get valtrex going.what were your guys viral titers like?did dr. n do the ibuprofen script for you?do you see dr. larry miller?MATT OFrom: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 11:15:49 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Hi, Matt.We live in Philadelphia. Dr. Neubrander, in NJ, is our DAN! who prescribed the LDN. We tried LDN twice. The first time it didn't work. I'm not sure if the dosage was too high, but we noticed major regression (the first time), I got scared and stopped. At the time, we didn't have anything on board for yeast, and we were only gfcf, not scd, corn free and soy free, like we are now. So, perhaps, that's why it didn't work. The second time we tried LDN (about a year later), we only used "two lines," instead of the suggested (by Neubrander), "five lines." Christel King, who is also a member of this board, suggested that I try two lines. And it put our son over the finish line and into a

state of recovery. We've never chelated. And we do not see an immunologist. Yes, the SCD legal, compounded Ibupro. is a script.Best, From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 10:51:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing I would love to know more about your ldn experience.. . and do you need to get effective ibuprofen as a script? i live about 20 minutes from hopewell, i am there at least once a month, will be over there tomorrow for diflucan actually.i have been looking into the nids approach since we got next to nothing on the oral chelation route (4 months on ala, only got little stuff). do you have any opinions / experiences w/ immunovir, ivig (or subcutaneous like gamastan)? do you work with an immunologist?MATT OFrom: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 9:27:40 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Matt:We do 250mg 3x a day. I first washed the blue dye off, then used a pill crusher to "mash" the pill (which I purchased from CVS pharmacy.) The first week we used activated charcoal. That is, we didn't wait for the die off, we just started the Activated Charcoal the same week as the Valtrex. I also gave him 1tsp of

compounded dye free ibuprofen in the morning before school ( I swear by this stuff!), which I purchased through Hopewell Pharmacy.... 2 cups of epsom every night, and LOTS of water, patience and love :)So the dosing schedule looked like this (for the first week): 1. 8am: 250mg valtrex, diflucan 90mg. and other supps, 2. noon: 250mg valtrex, 3. 3pm, activated charcoal, 4. 5:30pm, 250mg valtrex and other supps, 5. 8:30pm, probiotic, 6. 11pm, LDNafter the first week, i dropped the activated charcoal, and moved the third dosage up to 4pm, instead of at 5:30pm, since I no longer needed the two hour window between supps and activated charcoal.I also gave an 8 oz. glass of water before each dose of valtrex, followed by 3 ozs of

water w/ 10 drops of milk thistle.I kept/keep a diary of gains, regression, etc., immediate gains were speech and receptive language. immediate regression was hyperactivity and stimming (not major stimmy...just stims, that he had, and were gone, but came back for about a week while starting valtrex..) I was hoping for some regression, though, b/c I knew that meant he was a responder (potentially, anyway...) and it turned out that he was...The key w/ the yeast is that you must have an azole on board (diflucan, nizoral - NOT nystatin), make sure it's at least 90mg.check liver enzymes (we do this monthly..)Good Luck! Get your highlighter out, b/c the he Stan Kurtz TACANOW article is great -- print it. keep it close by...I studied it and read many posts before beginning..From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:17:37 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing so 250 mg three times per day?how bad is

yeast

with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT OFrom: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrance@ gmail.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Dosage should be 3x a day, not twice. DAN hasn't quite gotten up to speed on this. I

know of

a lot of big name, well respected DANs that aren't doing it right. Cheryl~http://www. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com~@midian42~ Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers. > > We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd. > > our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low. > > i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN)

for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day. > > our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two. > > IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING... > > > ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6? > > MATT O >

Guest guest

we have been at this for two years and no we are not far along, which has been frustrating. we were off to a great start with mb-12, but everything since then has more or less been a bust. hbot, antifungal, diets and supps, iv secretin, tomatis, oral chelation... i feel like charlie brown with lucy and that damn football with this stuff.how tough is valtrex AND antifungals imultaneously on the liver?MATT OFrom:

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:51:01 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Yes, that is exactly why we stayed w/ Dr. N (b/c of the MB12.)We never ran titers. I just started the 50-60 day trial blindly, b/c he was a "viral kid," and thought he may respond well, and he did. Yes, Dr. N gave us a script for the ibuprofen. A boy in my son's social skills class goes to Larry . How far along is your son recovery wise? Have you been doing biomed for long?From: matt orourke

<matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Tue, May 18, 2010 8:05:18 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

dr. n is our dan too. we went with him as our son was a good mb-12 responder. unfortunately, hbot was a big waste of time, money, etc. so he thinks iv chelation is the way to go, but this was before we did viral and immunology panels. we have a call to do with him, we wanted to do ldn, maybe iv glutathione. .. definitely want to get valtrex going.what were your guys viral titers like?did dr. n do the ibuprofen script for you?do you see dr. larry miller?MATT OFrom: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 11:15:49 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Hi, Matt.We live in Philadelphia. Dr. Neubrander, in NJ, is our DAN! who prescribed the LDN. We tried LDN twice. The first time it didn't work. I'm not sure if the dosage was too high, but we noticed major regression (the first time), I got scared and stopped. At the time, we didn't have anything on board for yeast, and we were only gfcf, not scd, corn free and soy free, like we are now. So, perhaps, that's why it didn't work. The second time we tried LDN (about a year later), we only used "two lines," instead of the suggested (by Neubrander), "five lines." Christel King, who is also a member of this board, suggested that I try two lines. And it put our son over the finish line and into a

state of recovery. We've never chelated. And we do not see an immunologist. Yes, the SCD legal, compounded Ibupro. is a script.Best, From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 10:51:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing I would love to know more about your ldn experience.. . and do you need to get effective ibuprofen as a script? i live about 20 minutes from hopewell, i am there at least once a month, will be over there tomorrow for diflucan actually.i have been looking into the nids approach since we got next to nothing on the oral chelation route (4 months on ala, only got little stuff). do you have any opinions / experiences w/ immunovir, ivig (or subcutaneous like gamastan)? do you work with an immunologist?MATT OFrom: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 9:27:40 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Matt:We do 250mg 3x a day. I first washed the blue dye off, then used a pill crusher to "mash" the pill (which I purchased from CVS pharmacy.) The first week we used activated charcoal. That is, we didn't wait for the die off, we just started the Activated Charcoal the same week as the Valtrex. I also gave him 1tsp of

compounded dye free ibuprofen in the morning before school ( I swear by this stuff!), which I purchased through Hopewell Pharmacy.... 2 cups of epsom every night, and LOTS of water, patience and love :)So the dosing schedule looked like this (for the first week): 1. 8am: 250mg valtrex, diflucan 90mg. and other supps, 2. noon: 250mg valtrex, 3. 3pm, activated charcoal, 4. 5:30pm, 250mg valtrex and other supps, 5. 8:30pm, probiotic, 6. 11pm, LDNafter the first week, i dropped the activated charcoal, and moved the third dosage up to 4pm, instead of at 5:30pm, since I no longer needed the two hour window between supps and activated charcoal.I also gave an 8 oz. glass of water before each dose of valtrex, followed by 3 ozs of

water w/ 10 drops of milk thistle.I kept/keep a diary of gains, regression, etc., immediate gains were speech and receptive language. immediate regression was hyperactivity and stimming (not major stimmy...just stims, that he had, and were gone, but came back for about a week while starting valtrex..) I was hoping for some regression, though, b/c I knew that meant he was a responder (potentially, anyway...) and it turned out that he was...The key w/ the yeast is that you must have an azole on board (diflucan, nizoral - NOT nystatin), make sure it's at least 90mg.check liver enzymes (we do this monthly..)Good Luck! Get your highlighter out, b/c the he Stan Kurtz TACANOW article is great -- print it. keep it close by...I studied it and read many posts before beginning..From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:17:37 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing so 250 mg three times per day?how bad is

yeast

with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT OFrom: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrance@ gmail.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Dosage should be 3x a day, not twice. DAN hasn't quite gotten up to speed on this. I

know of

a lot of big name, well respected DANs that aren't doing it right. Cheryl~http://www. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com~@midian42~ Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers. > > We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd. > > our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low. > > i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN)

for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day. > > our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two. > > IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING... > > > ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6? > > MATT O >

Guest guest

Matt,it can be tough on the liver that's true so you need to make sure you have liver support going on. One of the best supplements we've used for this is Liver Life. It is a liquid supplement I add to my son's orange juice in the morning and evening. You need to start with a low dose and increase slowly to avoid negative reactions as it is a strong supplement. We've done valtrex and diflucan at the same time for a year or more in the past without liver issues. We do a liver function test every 6 weeks to make sure all is well. Goukergouker@... we have been at this for two years and no we are not far along, which has been frustrating. we were off to a great start with mb-12, but everything since then has more or less been a bust. hbot, antifungal, diets and supps, iv secretin, tomatis, oral chelation... i feel like charlie brown with lucy and that damn football with this stuff.how tough is valtrex AND antifungals imultaneously on the liver?MATT OTo: mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:51:01 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosingYes, that is exactly why we stayed w/ Dr. N (b/c of the MB12.)We never ran titers. I just started the 50-60 day trial blindly, b/c he was a "viral kid," and thought he may respond well, and he did. Yes, Dr. N gave us a script for the ibuprofen. A boy in my son's social skills class goes to Larry . How far along is your son recovery wise? Have you been doing biomed for long?From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Tue, May 18, 2010 8:05:18 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing dr. n is our dan too. we went with him as our son was a good mb-12 responder. unfortunately, hbot was a big waste of time, money, etc. so he thinks iv chelation is the way to go, but this was before we did viral and immunology panels. we have a call to do with him, we wanted to do ldn, maybe iv glutathione. .. definitely want to get valtrex going.what were your guys viral titers like?did dr. n do the ibuprofen script for you?do you see dr. larry miller?MATT OFrom: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 11:15:49 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Hi, Matt.We live in Philadelphia. Dr. Neubrander, in NJ, is our DAN! who prescribed the LDN. We tried LDN twice. The first time it didn't work. I'm not sure if the dosage was too high, but we noticed major regression (the first time), I got scared and stopped. At the time, we didn't have anything on board for yeast, and we were only gfcf, not scd, corn free and soy free, like we are now. So, perhaps, that's why it didn't work. The second time we tried LDN (about a year later), we only used "two lines," instead of the suggested (by Neubrander), "five lines." Christel King, who is also a member of this board, suggested that I try two lines. And it put our son over the finish line and into a state of recovery. We've never chelated. And we do not see an immunologist. Yes, the SCD legal, compounded Ibupro. is a script.Best, From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 10:51:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing I would love to know more about your ldn experience.. . and do you need to get effective ibuprofen as a script? i live about 20 minutes from hopewell, i am there at least once a month, will be over there tomorrow for diflucan actually.i have been looking into the nids approach since we got next to nothing on the oral chelation route (4 months on ala, only got little stuff). do you have any opinions / experiences w/ immunovir, ivig (or subcutaneous like gamastan)? do you work with an immunologist?MATT OFrom: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 9:27:40 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Matt:We do 250mg 3x a day. I first washed the blue dye off, then used a pill crusher to "mash" the pill (which I purchased from CVS pharmacy.) The first week we used activated charcoal. That is, we didn't wait for the die off, we just started the Activated Charcoal the same week as the Valtrex. I also gave him 1tsp of compounded dye free ibuprofen in the morning before school ( I swear by this stuff!), which I purchased through Hopewell Pharmacy.... 2 cups of epsom every night, and LOTS of water, patience and love :)So the dosing schedule looked like this (for the first week): 1. 8am: 250mg valtrex, diflucan 90mg. and other supps, 2. noon: 250mg valtrex, 3. 3pm, activated charcoal, 4. 5:30pm, 250mg valtrex and other supps, 5. 8:30pm, probiotic, 6. 11pm, LDNafter the first week, i dropped the activated charcoal, and moved the third dosage up to 4pm, instead of at 5:30pm, since I no longer needed the two hour window between supps and activated charcoal.I also gave an 8 oz. glass of water before each dose of valtrex, followed by 3 ozs of water w/ 10 drops of milk thistle.I kept/keep a diary of gains, regression, etc., immediate gains were speech and receptive language. immediate regression was hyperactivity and stimming (not major stimmy...just stims, that he had, and were gone, but came back for about a week while starting valtrex..) I was hoping for some regression, though, b/c I knew that meant he was a responder (potentially, anyway...) and it turned out that he was...The key w/ the yeast is that you must have an azole on board (diflucan, nizoral - NOT nystatin), make sure it's at least 90mg.check liver enzymes (we do this monthly..)Good Luck! Get your highlighter out, b/c the he Stan Kurtz TACANOW article is great -- print it. keep it close by...I studied it and read many posts before beginning..From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:17:37 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing so 250 mg three times per day?how bad is yeast with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT OFrom: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrance@ gmail.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Dosage should be 3x a day, not twice. DAN hasn't quite gotten up to speed on this. I know of a lot of big name, well respected DANs that aren't doing it right.Cheryl~http://www. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com~@midian42~ Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers.>> We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd.> > our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.> > i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.> > our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.> > IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...> > > ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6?> > MATT O>

Guest guest

Matt,it can be tough on the liver that's true so you need to make sure you have liver support going on. One of the best supplements we've used for this is Liver Life. It is a liquid supplement I add to my son's orange juice in the morning and evening. You need to start with a low dose and increase slowly to avoid negative reactions as it is a strong supplement. We've done valtrex and diflucan at the same time for a year or more in the past without liver issues. We do a liver function test every 6 weeks to make sure all is well. Goukergouker@... we have been at this for two years and no we are not far along, which has been frustrating. we were off to a great start with mb-12, but everything since then has more or less been a bust. hbot, antifungal, diets and supps, iv secretin, tomatis, oral chelation... i feel like charlie brown with lucy and that damn football with this stuff.how tough is valtrex AND antifungals imultaneously on the liver?MATT OTo: mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:51:01 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosingYes, that is exactly why we stayed w/ Dr. N (b/c of the MB12.)We never ran titers. I just started the 50-60 day trial blindly, b/c he was a "viral kid," and thought he may respond well, and he did. Yes, Dr. N gave us a script for the ibuprofen. A boy in my son's social skills class goes to Larry . How far along is your son recovery wise? Have you been doing biomed for long?From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Tue, May 18, 2010 8:05:18 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing dr. n is our dan too. we went with him as our son was a good mb-12 responder. unfortunately, hbot was a big waste of time, money, etc. so he thinks iv chelation is the way to go, but this was before we did viral and immunology panels. we have a call to do with him, we wanted to do ldn, maybe iv glutathione. .. definitely want to get valtrex going.what were your guys viral titers like?did dr. n do the ibuprofen script for you?do you see dr. larry miller?MATT OFrom: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 11:15:49 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Hi, Matt.We live in Philadelphia. Dr. Neubrander, in NJ, is our DAN! who prescribed the LDN. We tried LDN twice. The first time it didn't work. I'm not sure if the dosage was too high, but we noticed major regression (the first time), I got scared and stopped. At the time, we didn't have anything on board for yeast, and we were only gfcf, not scd, corn free and soy free, like we are now. So, perhaps, that's why it didn't work. The second time we tried LDN (about a year later), we only used "two lines," instead of the suggested (by Neubrander), "five lines." Christel King, who is also a member of this board, suggested that I try two lines. And it put our son over the finish line and into a state of recovery. We've never chelated. And we do not see an immunologist. Yes, the SCD legal, compounded Ibupro. is a script.Best, From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 10:51:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing I would love to know more about your ldn experience.. . and do you need to get effective ibuprofen as a script? i live about 20 minutes from hopewell, i am there at least once a month, will be over there tomorrow for diflucan actually.i have been looking into the nids approach since we got next to nothing on the oral chelation route (4 months on ala, only got little stuff). do you have any opinions / experiences w/ immunovir, ivig (or subcutaneous like gamastan)? do you work with an immunologist?MATT OFrom: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 9:27:40 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Matt:We do 250mg 3x a day. I first washed the blue dye off, then used a pill crusher to "mash" the pill (which I purchased from CVS pharmacy.) The first week we used activated charcoal. That is, we didn't wait for the die off, we just started the Activated Charcoal the same week as the Valtrex. I also gave him 1tsp of compounded dye free ibuprofen in the morning before school ( I swear by this stuff!), which I purchased through Hopewell Pharmacy.... 2 cups of epsom every night, and LOTS of water, patience and love :)So the dosing schedule looked like this (for the first week): 1. 8am: 250mg valtrex, diflucan 90mg. and other supps, 2. noon: 250mg valtrex, 3. 3pm, activated charcoal, 4. 5:30pm, 250mg valtrex and other supps, 5. 8:30pm, probiotic, 6. 11pm, LDNafter the first week, i dropped the activated charcoal, and moved the third dosage up to 4pm, instead of at 5:30pm, since I no longer needed the two hour window between supps and activated charcoal.I also gave an 8 oz. glass of water before each dose of valtrex, followed by 3 ozs of water w/ 10 drops of milk thistle.I kept/keep a diary of gains, regression, etc., immediate gains were speech and receptive language. immediate regression was hyperactivity and stimming (not major stimmy...just stims, that he had, and were gone, but came back for about a week while starting valtrex..) I was hoping for some regression, though, b/c I knew that meant he was a responder (potentially, anyway...) and it turned out that he was...The key w/ the yeast is that you must have an azole on board (diflucan, nizoral - NOT nystatin), make sure it's at least 90mg.check liver enzymes (we do this monthly..)Good Luck! Get your highlighter out, b/c the he Stan Kurtz TACANOW article is great -- print it. keep it close by...I studied it and read many posts before beginning..From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:17:37 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing so 250 mg three times per day?how bad is yeast with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT OFrom: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrance@ gmail.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Dosage should be 3x a day, not twice. DAN hasn't quite gotten up to speed on this. I know of a lot of big name, well respected DANs that aren't doing it right.Cheryl~http://www. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com~@midian42~ Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers.>> We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd.> > our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.> > i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.> > our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.> > IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...> > > ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6?> > MATT O>

Guest guest

Guest guest

How's his diet?Are you doing any traditional therapies?What are his behaviors/issues that cause concern?Is he on an enzyme? Which one? Does he take probiotics? Which one? CLO? Which one?Have you tried giving Epsom Salt baths to detox?As long as you have an azole on board, for yeast, then yeast, w/ Valtrex, should be a non issue. Dr. N. (for some odd reason), likes to prescribe Nystatin w/Valtrex. I had to fight him on this one. And he eventually let us use Diflucan. I basically would not give my son Valtrex unless on a strong antifungal like Diflucan, or Nizoral.Liver function has been fine (knock wood.) We test every four weeks. And I make sure my son drinks LOTS of water, takes milk thistle, and eats liver detoxifying foods.Sorry for all the

questions.. I'm just trying to get a sense of what's going on...so that we can help you. :) Sent from my iPhone

water w/ 10 drops of milk thistle.I kept/keep a diary of gains, regression, etc., immediate gains were speech and receptive language. immediate regression was hyperactivity and stimming (not major stimmy...just stims, that he had, and were gone, but came back for about a week while starting valtrex..) I was hoping for some regression, though, b/c I knew that meant he was a responder (potentially, anyway...) and it turned out that he was...The key w/ the yeast is that you must have an azole on board (diflucan, nizoral - NOT nystatin), make sure it's at least 90mg.check liver enzymes (we do this monthly..)Good Luck! Get your highlighter out, b/c the he Stan Kurtz TACANOW article is great -- print it. keep it close by...I studied it and read many posts before beginning..From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:17:37 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing so 250 mg three times per

day?how bad is

yeast

with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT OFrom: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrance@ gmail.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Dosage should be 3x a day, not twice. DAN hasn't quite gotten

up to speed on this. I

know of

Guest guest

Matt, I have a couple of old posts from some people who have had success that might help you out. I'll send them privately through your e-mail when i have a minute to find them - as I don't want to put up old posts and they are rather long.

Tammy

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 6:10:25 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

we have been at this for two years and no we are not far along, which has been frustrating. we were off to a great start with mb-12, but everything since then has more or less been a bust. hbot, antifungal, diets and supps, iv secretin, tomatis, oral chelation... i feel like charlie brown with lucy and that damn football with this stuff.how tough is valtrex AND antifungals imultaneously on the liver?MATT O

From: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:51:01 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Yes, that is exactly why we stayed w/ Dr. N (b/c of the MB12.)

We never ran titers. I just started the 50-60 day trial blindly, b/c he was a "viral kid," and thought he may respond well, and he did. Yes, Dr. N gave us a script for the ibuprofen. A boy in my son's social skills class goes to Larry . How far along is your son recovery wise? Have you been doing biomed for long?

From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Tue, May 18, 2010 8:05:18 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

dr. n is our dan too. we went with him as our son was a good mb-12 responder. unfortunately, hbot was a big waste of time, money, etc. so he thinks iv chelation is the way to go, but this was before we did viral and immunology panels. we have a call to do with him, we wanted to do ldn, maybe iv glutathione. .. definitely want to get valtrex going.what were your guys viral titers like?did dr. n do the ibuprofen script for you?do you see dr. larry miller?MATT O

From: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 11:15:49 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Hi, Matt.

We live in Philadelphia. Dr. Neubrander, in NJ, is our DAN! who prescribed the LDN. We tried LDN twice. The first time it didn't work. I'm not sure if the dosage was too high, but we noticed major regression (the first time), I got scared and stopped. At the time, we didn't have anything on board for yeast, and we were only gfcf, not scd, corn free and soy free, like we are now. So, perhaps, that's why it didn't work. The second time we tried LDN (about a year later), we only used "two lines," instead of the suggested (by Neubrander), "five lines." Christel King, who is also a member of this board, suggested that I try two lines. And it put our son over the finish line and into a state of recovery. We've never chelated. And we do not see an immunologist.

Yes, the SCD legal, compounded Ibupro. is a script.

Best,

From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 10:51:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

I would love to know more about your ldn experience.. . and do you need to get effective ibuprofen as a script? i live about 20 minutes from hopewell, i am there at least once a month, will be over there tomorrow for diflucan actually.i have been looking into the nids approach since we got next to nothing on the oral chelation route (4 months on ala, only got little stuff). do you have any opinions / experiences w/ immunovir, ivig (or subcutaneous like gamastan)? do you work with an immunologist?MATT O

From: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 9:27:40 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Matt:

We do 250mg 3x a day. I first washed the blue dye off, then used a pill crusher to "mash" the pill (which I purchased from CVS pharmacy.) The first week we used activated charcoal. That is, we didn't wait for the die off, we just started the Activated Charcoal the same week as the Valtrex. I also gave him 1tsp of compounded dye free ibuprofen in the morning before school ( I swear by this stuff!), which I purchased through Hopewell Pharmacy.... 2 cups of epsom every night, and LOTS of water, patience and love :)

So the dosing schedule looked like this (for the first week):

1. 8am: 250mg valtrex, diflucan 90mg. and other supps,

2. noon: 250mg valtrex,

3. 3pm, activated charcoal,

4. 5:30pm, 250mg valtrex and other supps,

5. 8:30pm, probiotic,

6. 11pm, LDN

after the first week, i dropped the activated charcoal, and moved the third dosage up to 4pm, instead of at 5:30pm, since I no longer needed the two hour window between supps and activated charcoal.

I also gave an 8 oz. glass of water before each dose of valtrex, followed by 3 ozs of water w/ 10 drops of milk thistle.

I kept/keep a diary of gains, regression, etc., immediate gains were speech and receptive language. immediate regression was hyperactivity and stimming (not major stimmy...just stims, that he had, and were gone, but came back for about a week while starting valtrex..) I was hoping for some regression, though, b/c I knew that meant he was a responder (potentially, anyway...) and it turned out that he was...

The key w/ the yeast is that you must have an azole on board (diflucan, nizoral - NOT nystatin), make sure it's at least 90mg.

check liver enzymes (we do this monthly..)

Good Luck!

Get your highlighter out, b/c the he Stan Kurtz TACANOW article is great -- print it. keep it close by...I studied it and read many posts before beginning..

From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:17:37 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

so 250 mg three times per day?how bad is yeast with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT O

From: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrance@ gmail.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Cheryl

~http://www. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com

~@midian42~

Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers.>> We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd.> > our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.> > i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is

just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.> > our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.> > IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...> > > ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6?> > MATT O>

Guest guest

Matt, I have a couple of old posts from some people who have had success that might help you out. I'll send them privately through your e-mail when i have a minute to find them - as I don't want to put up old posts and they are rather long.

Tammy

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 6:10:25 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

we have been at this for two years and no we are not far along, which has been frustrating. we were off to a great start with mb-12, but everything since then has more or less been a bust. hbot, antifungal, diets and supps, iv secretin, tomatis, oral chelation... i feel like charlie brown with lucy and that damn football with this stuff.how tough is valtrex AND antifungals imultaneously on the liver?MATT O

From: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:51:01 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Yes, that is exactly why we stayed w/ Dr. N (b/c of the MB12.)

We never ran titers. I just started the 50-60 day trial blindly, b/c he was a "viral kid," and thought he may respond well, and he did. Yes, Dr. N gave us a script for the ibuprofen. A boy in my son's social skills class goes to Larry . How far along is your son recovery wise? Have you been doing biomed for long?

From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Tue, May 18, 2010 8:05:18 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

dr. n is our dan too. we went with him as our son was a good mb-12 responder. unfortunately, hbot was a big waste of time, money, etc. so he thinks iv chelation is the way to go, but this was before we did viral and immunology panels. we have a call to do with him, we wanted to do ldn, maybe iv glutathione. .. definitely want to get valtrex going.what were your guys viral titers like?did dr. n do the ibuprofen script for you?do you see dr. larry miller?MATT O

From: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 11:15:49 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Hi, Matt.

We live in Philadelphia. Dr. Neubrander, in NJ, is our DAN! who prescribed the LDN. We tried LDN twice. The first time it didn't work. I'm not sure if the dosage was too high, but we noticed major regression (the first time), I got scared and stopped. At the time, we didn't have anything on board for yeast, and we were only gfcf, not scd, corn free and soy free, like we are now. So, perhaps, that's why it didn't work. The second time we tried LDN (about a year later), we only used "two lines," instead of the suggested (by Neubrander), "five lines." Christel King, who is also a member of this board, suggested that I try two lines. And it put our son over the finish line and into a state of recovery. We've never chelated. And we do not see an immunologist.

Best,

From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 10:51:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

I would love to know more about your ldn experience.. . and do you need to get effective ibuprofen as a script? i live about 20 minutes from hopewell, i am there at least once a month, will be over there tomorrow for diflucan actually.i have been looking into the nids approach since we got next to nothing on the oral chelation route (4 months on ala, only got little stuff). do you have any opinions / experiences w/ immunovir, ivig (or subcutaneous like gamastan)? do you work with an immunologist?MATT O

From: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 9:27:40 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Matt:

We do 250mg 3x a day. I first washed the blue dye off, then used a pill crusher to "mash" the pill (which I purchased from CVS pharmacy.) The first week we used activated charcoal. That is, we didn't wait for the die off, we just started the Activated Charcoal the same week as the Valtrex. I also gave him 1tsp of compounded dye free ibuprofen in the morning before school ( I swear by this stuff!), which I purchased through Hopewell Pharmacy.... 2 cups of epsom every night, and LOTS of water, patience and love :)

6. 11pm, LDN

after the first week, i dropped the activated charcoal, and moved the third dosage up to 4pm, instead of at 5:30pm, since I no longer needed the two hour window between supps and activated charcoal.

I also gave an 8 oz. glass of water before each dose of valtrex, followed by 3 ozs of water w/ 10 drops of milk thistle.

I kept/keep a diary of gains, regression, etc., immediate gains were speech and receptive language. immediate regression was hyperactivity and stimming (not major stimmy...just stims, that he had, and were gone, but came back for about a week while starting valtrex..) I was hoping for some regression, though, b/c I knew that meant he was a responder (potentially, anyway...) and it turned out that he was...

The key w/ the yeast is that you must have an azole on board (diflucan, nizoral - NOT nystatin), make sure it's at least 90mg.

Good Luck!

Get your highlighter out, b/c the he Stan Kurtz TACANOW article is great -- print it. keep it close by...I studied it and read many posts before beginning..

From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:17:37 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

so 250 mg three times per day?how bad is yeast with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT O

From: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrance@ gmail.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Cheryl

~@midian42~

Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers.>> We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd.> > our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.> > i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is

just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.> > our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.> > IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...> > > ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6?> > MATT O>

Guest guest

Did your son have any wow moments with valtrex?

JJ

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 9:27:37 AMSubject: Re: valtrex dosing

My son is not quite recovered but very very close. His only issues left are his conversational skills are still a bit delayed (but catching up) and his ADHD. He doesn't qualify for an autism dx anymore and most people can't tell. I've had doctors tell me they would never have known.

Cheryl

~@midian42~

I would really like to hear some recovery stories due to valtrex.

JJ

From: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrancegmail>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 6:07:06 PMSubject: Re: valtrex dosing

This dosing is much too low.

Cheryl

~@midian42~

Guest guest

JJ

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 9:27:37 AMSubject: Re: valtrex dosing

My son is not quite recovered but very very close. His only issues left are his conversational skills are still a bit delayed (but catching up) and his ADHD. He doesn't qualify for an autism dx anymore and most people can't tell. I've had doctors tell me they would never have known.

Cheryl

~@midian42~

JJ

From: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrancegmail>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 6:07:06 PMSubject: Re: valtrex dosing

Cheryl

~@midian42~

Guest guest

Based on the half-life of Valtrex and the results we see in this group, I strongly advocate for three times a day. I personally like starting at 250mg. My son was approx 32 to 38 lbs for the duration on Valtrex.

If I had a choice of doing 500mg twice a day (1000mg total) or 250 three times a day (750 mg total), I would choose 250mg three times a day. We just see better results from it.

I feel bad when I see people dosing twice a day, because they are doing all this work, but then lessening their chances of recovery (IMO). This dosage is, IMO. a good starting dosage. More consistent blood levels is, IMO, more important than the dosage itself.

Just my opinion and observation.

- Stan

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 6:50:33 PMSubject: Re: valtrex dosing

From the very next day that we started.

Cheryl

~@midian42~

JJ

From: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrancegmail>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Wed, May 19, 2010 9:27:37 AMSubject: Re: valtrex dosing

Cheryl

~@midian42~

JJ

Cheryl

~@midian42~

Guest guest

Based on the half-life of Valtrex and the results we see in this group, I strongly advocate for three times a day. I personally like starting at 250mg. My son was approx 32 to 38 lbs for the duration on Valtrex.

If I had a choice of doing 500mg twice a day (1000mg total) or 250 three times a day (750 mg total), I would choose 250mg three times a day. We just see better results from it.

I feel bad when I see people dosing twice a day, because they are doing all this work, but then lessening their chances of recovery (IMO). This dosage is, IMO. a good starting dosage. More consistent blood levels is, IMO, more important than the dosage itself.

- Stan

Cheryl

~@midian42~

JJ

From: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrancegmail>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Wed, May 19, 2010 9:27:37 AMSubject: Re: valtrex dosing

Cheryl

~@midian42~

JJ

Cheryl

~@midian42~

Guest guest

- Stan

Cheryl

~@midian42~

JJ

Cheryl

~@midian42~

JJ

Cheryl

~@midian42~

Guest guest

Hi, Lynn. We're in Charlotte as well. I've heard of Dr. Goldberg and would

love to hear more about your experiences with him. Take care.

Cole, 6, ASD

>

> Hi Matt!

>

> I completely understand your frustration! My son will be 10 this year withh

PDD-NOS and anxiety. Our journey started when he was 2 1/2 but really escalated

in 1st grade. Not to make this a long story, but we've tried everything, too! We

recently worked with a DAN doc and after several thousands of dollars and tons

of different supplements, again, I started hearing about Dr. Goldberg. He's in

California, and I don't know how realistic it is for most people right now, but

I took his first available appt. and flew out there with my son. I realize not

everyone will be able to do this, but after all the years I've been doing this,

I feel this is our last stop.

>

> He's a pediatrician that has spent years researching and treating this crazy

epidemic of 'spectrum disorders'! His philosophy and approach makes more sense

on what goes on with these kids and he treats them very methodically. Spect

scans of the brain are done, tons of blood work is taken to test for many viral

issues, etc.., and his diet protocol is tweaked a little from the GF/CF diet.

>

> If you haven't heard about him, you can research him and find a ton of

presentations online that he's given and learn about his approach. He basically

told me to stop all supplements for now while we tweak his diet, and will be

starting him on Nizoral this weekend. I've researched a lot lately that backs up

why he doesn't recommend taking any enzymes, or other supplements when you start

any of this kind of medication. It all makes so much sense now.

>

> We're waiting for the blood work to come back to learn more about my son's

issues. The spect scan was something else that truly showed me more concrete

evidence of what's going on with my son. We all know that if the immune system

is compromised that it affects our brain. He not only shows you that, but then

has a specific plan to help heal our kids!

>

> I know that many people have gotten results trying different things. But since

my son is older now, I didn't feel like doing this any more and still feeling in

the dark!! I truly feel that Dr. G has been ahead of many docs out there for a

long time.

>

> Lynn in Charlotte

> Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

>

Guest guest

Cole, 6, ASD

>

> Hi Matt!

>

in 1st grade. Not to make this a long story, but we've tried everything, too! We

>

>

starting him on Nizoral this weekend. I've researched a lot lately that backs up

why he doesn't recommend taking any enzymes, or other supplements when you start

>

>

> I know that many people have gotten results trying different things. But since

my son is older now, I didn't feel like doing this any more and still feeling in

long time.

>

> Lynn in Charlotte

>

Guest guest

Cole, 6, ASD

>

> Hi Matt!

>

>

>

>

>

long time.

>

> Lynn in Charlotte

>

Guest guest

I'm so happy for you! The best friend comment almost made me cry! Thanks for the list! I will talk to my DAN about Valtrex & LDN. I too think I need something a little stronger. We have been letting my son have a few infractions on the GF/CF diet using DDP-IV. It seems to be going well for us. Thanks again!

Kerri

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 10:42:34 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Hi Kerri,

We worked on multiple issues. Yes, he is a viral kid, but that was only one of our issues...

My son is caught up in all areas of language and socialization. These are the things that helped us in the language, social area (not in any special order..)

LDN (2mg.) (Rx)

Bethanecol 1tsp. 2x day (Rx)

Fermented CLO w/ one drop of GSE

L-Methylfolate (Folinic acid -- Rx)

MB12 shots (every day) (Rx)

Oxytocin (1 spray 2x day) (Rx)

Valtrex (250mg 3x a day) (Rx)

MB12, LDN, and Valtrex all kick up yeast (LDN does not for some, but for us it did), so to balance the yeast w/give Diflucan 90mg. 1x a day

So it's 7 scripts, plus his compounded Ibuprofen (seems like a lot), but we tried to treat w/naturals for a long time, and there were only minimal gains. We then turned to scripts, and this is where we are (in a state of recovery. He even has a best friend!!)

The other supps we use daily are:

DRN formula (basic multi vitamin.)

1tsp. of Ibuprofen, and 2tsp.

Alina 2x a day, when parasites are an issue.

Enzyme complete DPP-IV w/ Isogest, one tablet before EVERY snack AND meal

10 drops of milk thisle in water 2x a day

oxy powder if he doesn't poop by dinner (he usually does, now, though)

and activated charcoal for "clean up," epsom salt baths every night for detox.

SCD diet...

Hope this helps!!

Oh, he also receives 40 hours of traditional therapy a week (13 of those hours are speech/social skills, plus 15 hours of school -- typical classroom.)

From: Kerri Long <kerrilong81@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thu, May 20, 2010 10:02:13 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

My son is almost recovered, but I can't seem to get him "over the finish line". I'm curious about the LDN. Was your son a viral kid or did you work on multiple issues? My sons last symptoms are language processing and he is not quite there with maintaining social interactions. (Probably because of the processing)No one would guess he is diagnosed PDD, but the delay is still there. We have done Virogen with success and OLE. I'm wondering if I need something a little stronger to get him over the hump? Please share your story.

Kerri :)

Hi, Matt.

Best,

Matt:

6. 11pm, LDN

Good Luck!

Cheryl

~@midian42~

Guest guest

I'm so happy for you! The best friend comment almost made me cry! Thanks for the list! I will talk to my DAN about Valtrex & LDN. I too think I need something a little stronger. We have been letting my son have a few infractions on the GF/CF diet using DDP-IV. It seems to be going well for us. Thanks again!

Kerri

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 10:42:34 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Hi Kerri,

We worked on multiple issues. Yes, he is a viral kid, but that was only one of our issues...

My son is caught up in all areas of language and socialization. These are the things that helped us in the language, social area (not in any special order..)

LDN (2mg.) (Rx)

MB12, LDN, and Valtrex all kick up yeast (LDN does not for some, but for us it did), so to balance the yeast w/give Diflucan 90mg. 1x a day

So it's 7 scripts, plus his compounded Ibuprofen (seems like a lot), but we tried to treat w/naturals for a long time, and there were only minimal gains. We then turned to scripts, and this is where we are (in a state of recovery. He even has a best friend!!)

SCD diet...

Hope this helps!!

Oh, he also receives 40 hours of traditional therapy a week (13 of those hours are speech/social skills, plus 15 hours of school -- typical classroom.)

From: Kerri Long <kerrilong81@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Thu, May 20, 2010 10:02:13 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

My son is almost recovered, but I can't seem to get him "over the finish line". I'm curious about the LDN. Was your son a viral kid or did you work on multiple issues? My sons last symptoms are language processing and he is not quite there with maintaining social interactions. (Probably because of the processing)No one would guess he is diagnosed PDD, but the delay is still there. We have done Virogen with success and OLE. I'm wondering if I need something a little stronger to get him over the hump? Please share your story.

Hi, Matt.

Best,

Matt:

6. 11pm, LDN

Good Luck!

Cheryl

~@midian42~

Guest guest

Kerri

Hi Kerri,

LDN (2mg.) (Rx)

SCD diet...

Hope this helps!!

Hi, Matt.

Best,

Matt:

6. 11pm, LDN

Good Luck!

Cheryl

~@midian42~

Guest guest

diet - did gfcf, then scd, now we are back to a quasi scd with some gfcf allowances.therapy - aba 20 hours a week at home, plus the ot, pt, si. gets extra speech every other week up in south brunswick, nj. he is learning the gotalk 9, doing facilitated speech.enzymes - we did dpp-iv way back, got some good stuff from it for a time and then it seemed to fade. we are thinking about doing a new enzyme, maybe something from houston.probiotics - alternates betwwen klaire labs and custom probiotic.clo - yes, and a gazillion other supps including vitamin e,

liverlife, biotin, dr, n's powder, uva ursi, vitamin c, the list goes on.epsom salt baths - yes.behaviors - he is a very nice and affectionate child. he does not tantrum much, is not bad with transitions,

and he loves going to the playground, the store, rough play, or car

rides. he generally sleeps through the night.he is apraxic, ie has alot of trouble making words (we understand him but it is pretty tough for anyone else), and is just plain stiff as a board motorically speaking. he is a little ocd but not too over the top, but he does not play with toys appropriately, is not interested in other children (a little interested in his little broher), and is kind of spacey. stimming is there, lots of twirling toys, galloping, not all day but intermittently.he is a bit of a sensory seeker, is hypoactive (very hard to get him dizzy), lethargic alot of the time with bouts of hyperactivity, very itchy in the am and the pm as of late (this never happened prior, trying to figure out if he is developing eczema, seasonal allergies, or if it's yeast). so the short of this is cognitive and focus (add), and communication. there are other things,but these are the biggies.

MATT OTo: "mb12 valtrex " <mb12 valtrex >Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 6:46:24 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

How's his diet?Are you doing any traditional therapies?What are his behaviors/issues that cause concern?Is he on an enzyme? Which one? Does he take probiotics? Which one? CLO? Which one?Have you tried giving Epsom Salt baths to detox?As long as you have an azole on board, for yeast, then yeast, w/ Valtrex, should be a non issue. Dr. N. (for some odd reason), likes to prescribe Nystatin w/Valtrex. I had to fight him on this one. And he eventually let us use Diflucan. I basically would not give my son Valtrex unless on a strong antifungal like Diflucan, or Nizoral.Liver function has been fine (knock wood.) We test every four weeks. And I make sure my son drinks LOTS of water, takes milk thistle, and eats liver detoxifying foods.Sorry for all the

questions.. I'm just trying to get a sense of what's going on...so that we can help you. :) Sent from my iPhoneOn May 19, 2010, at 6:10 PM, matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com> wrote:

<yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:51:01 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

dr. n is our dan too. we went with him as our son was a good mb-12 responder. unfortunately, hbot was a big waste of time, money, etc. so he thinks iv chelation is the way to go, but this was before we did viral and immunology panels. we have a call to do with him, we wanted to do ldn, maybe iv glutathione. .. definitely want to get valtrex going.what were your guys viral titers like?did dr. n do the ibuprofen script for you?do you see dr. larry miller?MATT OFrom:

<yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 11:15:49 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

state of recovery. We've never chelated. And we do not see an immunologist. Yes, the SCD legal, compounded Ibupro. is a script.Best, From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 10:51:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing I would love to know more about your ldn experience.. . and do you need to get effective ibuprofen as a script? i live about 20 minutes from hopewell, i am there at least once a month, will be over there tomorrow for diflucan actually.i have been looking into the nids approach since we got next to nothing on the oral chelation route (4 months on ala, only got little stuff). do you have any opinions / experiences w/ immunovir, ivig (or subcutaneous like gamastan)? do you work with an immunologist?MATT OFrom: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 9:27:40 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Matt:We do 250mg 3x a day. I first washed the blue dye off, then used a pill crusher to "mash" the pill (which I purchased from CVS pharmacy.) The first week we used activated charcoal. That is, we didn't wait for the die off, we just started the Activated Charcoal the same week as the Valtrex. I

also gave him 1tsp of

compounded dye free ibuprofen in the morning before school ( I swear by this stuff!), which I purchased through Hopewell Pharmacy.... 2 cups of epsom every night, and LOTS of water, patience and love :)So the dosing schedule looked like this (for the first week): 1. 8am: 250mg valtrex, diflucan 90mg. and other supps, 2. noon: 250mg valtrex, 3. 3pm, activated charcoal, 4. 5:30pm, 250mg valtrex and other supps, 5. 8:30pm, probiotic, 6. 11pm, LDNafter the first week, i dropped the activated charcoal, and moved the

third dosage up to 4pm, instead of at 5:30pm, since I no longer needed the two hour window between supps and activated charcoal.I also gave an 8 oz. glass of water before each dose of valtrex, followed by 3 ozs of

water w/ 10 drops of milk thistle.I kept/keep a diary of gains, regression, etc., immediate gains were speech and receptive language. immediate regression was hyperactivity and stimming (not major stimmy...just stims, that he had, and were gone, but came back for about a week while starting valtrex..) I was hoping for some regression, though, b/c I knew that meant he was a responder (potentially, anyway...) and it turned out that he was...The key w/ the yeast is that you must have an azole on board (diflucan, nizoral - NOT nystatin), make sure it's at least 90mg.check liver enzymes (we do this monthly..)Good Luck! Get your highlighter out, b/c the he Stan Kurtz TACANOW article is great -- print it. keep it close by...I studied it and read many posts before beginning..From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:17:37 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing so 250 mg three times per

day?how bad is

yeast

with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT OFrom: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrance@ gmail.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Dosage

should be 3x a day, not twice. DAN hasn't quite gotten

up to speed on this. I

know of

a lot of big name, well respected DANs that aren't doing it right. Cheryl~http://www. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com~@midian42~ On May 17, 2010, at

1:45 PM, ghosharpita wrote: Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers. > > We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd. > > our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low. > > i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night

(NIDS not DAN)

Guest guest

diet - did gfcf, then scd, now we are back to a quasi scd with some gfcf allowances.therapy - aba 20 hours a week at home, plus the ot, pt, si. gets extra speech every other week up in south brunswick, nj. he is learning the gotalk 9, doing facilitated speech.enzymes - we did dpp-iv way back, got some good stuff from it for a time and then it seemed to fade. we are thinking about doing a new enzyme, maybe something from houston.probiotics - alternates betwwen klaire labs and custom probiotic.clo - yes, and a gazillion other supps including vitamin e,

liverlife, biotin, dr, n's powder, uva ursi, vitamin c, the list goes on.epsom salt baths - yes.behaviors - he is a very nice and affectionate child. he does not tantrum much, is not bad with transitions,

and he loves going to the playground, the store, rough play, or car

rides. he generally sleeps through the night.he is apraxic, ie has alot of trouble making words (we understand him but it is pretty tough for anyone else), and is just plain stiff as a board motorically speaking. he is a little ocd but not too over the top, but he does not play with toys appropriately, is not interested in other children (a little interested in his little broher), and is kind of spacey. stimming is there, lots of twirling toys, galloping, not all day but intermittently.he is a bit of a sensory seeker, is hypoactive (very hard to get him dizzy), lethargic alot of the time with bouts of hyperactivity, very itchy in the am and the pm as of late (this never happened prior, trying to figure out if he is developing eczema, seasonal allergies, or if it's yeast). so the short of this is cognitive and focus (add), and communication. there are other things,but these are the biggies.

MATT OTo: "mb12 valtrex " <mb12 valtrex >Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 6:46:24 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

questions.. I'm just trying to get a sense of what's going on...so that we can help you. :) Sent from my iPhoneOn May 19, 2010, at 6:10 PM, matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com> wrote:

<yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:51:01 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

dr. n is our dan too. we went with him as our son was a good mb-12 responder. unfortunately, hbot was a big waste of time, money, etc. so he thinks iv chelation is the way to go, but this was before we did viral and immunology panels. we have a call to do with him, we wanted to do ldn, maybe iv glutathione. .. definitely want to get valtrex going.what were your guys viral titers like?did dr. n do the ibuprofen script for you?do you see dr. larry miller?MATT OFrom:

<yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 11:15:49 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

state of recovery. We've never chelated. And we do not see an immunologist. Yes, the SCD legal, compounded Ibupro. is a script.Best, From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 10:51:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing I would love to know more about your ldn experience.. . and do you need to get effective ibuprofen as a script? i live about 20 minutes from hopewell, i am there at least once a month, will be over there tomorrow for diflucan actually.i have been looking into the nids approach since we got next to nothing on the oral chelation route (4 months on ala, only got little stuff). do you have any opinions / experiences w/ immunovir, ivig (or subcutaneous like gamastan)? do you work with an immunologist?MATT OFrom: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 9:27:40 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Matt:We do 250mg 3x a day. I first washed the blue dye off, then used a pill crusher to "mash" the pill (which I purchased from CVS pharmacy.) The first week we used activated charcoal. That is, we didn't wait for the die off, we just started the Activated Charcoal the same week as the Valtrex. I

also gave him 1tsp of

compounded dye free ibuprofen in the morning before school ( I swear by this stuff!), which I purchased through Hopewell Pharmacy.... 2 cups of epsom every night, and LOTS of water, patience and love :)So the dosing schedule looked like this (for the first week): 1. 8am: 250mg valtrex, diflucan 90mg. and other supps, 2. noon: 250mg valtrex, 3. 3pm, activated charcoal, 4. 5:30pm, 250mg valtrex and other supps, 5. 8:30pm, probiotic, 6. 11pm, LDNafter the first week, i dropped the activated charcoal, and moved the

third dosage up to 4pm, instead of at 5:30pm, since I no longer needed the two hour window between supps and activated charcoal.I also gave an 8 oz. glass of water before each dose of valtrex, followed by 3 ozs of

day?how bad is

yeast

with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT OFrom: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrance@ gmail.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Dosage

should be 3x a day, not twice. DAN hasn't quite gotten

up to speed on this. I

know of

a lot of big name, well respected DANs that aren't doing it right. Cheryl~http://www. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com~@midian42~ On May 17, 2010, at

1:45 PM, ghosharpita wrote: Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers. > > We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd. > > our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low. > > i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night

(NIDS not DAN)