RemedySpot.com

Re: valtrex dosing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This dosing is much too low.

Cheryl~http://www.gryffins-tail.blogspot.com~@midian42~

We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd.our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6?MATT O

Guest guest

We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd.our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6?MATT O

Guest guest

Dosage should be 3x a day, not twice. DAN hasn't quite gotten up to speed on this. I know of a lot of big name, well respected DANs that aren't doing it right.

Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers.

>

> We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd.

>

> our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.

>

> i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.

>

> our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.

>

> IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...

>

>

> ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6?

>

> MATT O

>

Guest guest

so 250 mg three times per day?how bad is yeast with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT OTo: mb12 valtrex Sent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Dosage should be 3x a day, not twice. DAN hasn't quite gotten up to speed on this. I know of a lot of big name, well respected DANs that aren't doing it right.

Cheryl~http://www. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com~@midian42~

Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers.

>

>

> our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.

>

> i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.

>

> our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.

>

> IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...

>

>

>

> MATT O

>

Guest guest

so 250 mg three times per day?how bad is yeast with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT OTo: mb12 valtrex Sent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> MATT O

>

Guest guest

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> MATT O

>

Guest guest

Yeast for my son was very bad on valtrex as it is for many of the ASD kids. If you have a strong anti fungal on board it is much better tolerated. We gave valtrex 3 trys the first 2 times we did not have diflucan on board but the 3rd time we did. With diflucan it was much better but still rough.....my son had major die off....rashes, cold sores, eczema, miserable etc......but once we added in Imunovir ( an anti viral and immunmodulator ) his behavior and overall wellness and progress has been much better.

Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers.>> We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd.> > our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.> > i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not

DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.> > our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.> > IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...> > > ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6?> > MATT O>

Guest guest

Yeast for my son was very bad on valtrex as it is for many of the ASD kids. If you have a strong anti fungal on board it is much better tolerated. We gave valtrex 3 trys the first 2 times we did not have diflucan on board but the 3rd time we did. With diflucan it was much better but still rough.....my son had major die off....rashes, cold sores, eczema, miserable etc......but once we added in Imunovir ( an anti viral and immunmodulator ) his behavior and overall wellness and progress has been much better.

Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers.>> We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd.> > our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.> > i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not

DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.> > our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.> > IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...> > > ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6?> > MATT O>

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am researching the best way to get my son tested for common viruses found in ASD, but still have a lot of questions. I was wondering if neuroscience viral panel is a testing kit, and how to get the kit or find more information about the viral panel? Also I would like to know what viruses the panel tests for.

Thanks,

JJ

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Mon, May 17, 2010 9:43:12 AMSubject: valtrex dosing

We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd.our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD

FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6?MATT O

Guest guest

I am researching the best way to get my son tested for common viruses found in ASD, but still have a lot of questions. I was wondering if neuroscience viral panel is a testing kit, and how to get the kit or find more information about the viral panel? Also I would like to know what viruses the panel tests for.

Thanks,

JJ

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Mon, May 17, 2010 9:43:12 AMSubject: valtrex dosing

We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd.our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day.our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD

FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6?MATT O

Guest guest

The reason valtrex is dosed 3 times per day is because the half life of it is 2.5 hours.......so that means that given a big dose.....half is ecreted from the body in 2.5 hours..... a quick excretion......it is more important to give smaller doses at frequent times than giv elarge doses all at once.

Guest guest

The reason valtrex is dosed 3 times per day is because the half life of it is 2.5 hours.......so that means that given a big dose.....half is ecreted from the body in 2.5 hours..... a quick excretion......it is more important to give smaller doses at frequent times than giv elarge doses all at once.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Matt:We do 250mg 3x a day. I first washed the blue dye off, then used a pill crusher to "mash" the pill (which I purchased from CVS pharmacy.) The first week we used activated charcoal. That is, we didn't wait for the die off, we just started the Activated Charcoal the same week as the Valtrex. I also gave him 1tsp of compounded dye free ibuprofen in the morning before school ( I swear by this stuff!), which I purchased through Hopewell Pharmacy....2 cups of epsom every night, and LOTS of water, patience and love :)So the dosing schedule looked like this (for the first week): 1. 8am: 250mg valtrex, diflucan 90mg. and other supps, 2. noon: 250mg

valtrex, 3. 3pm, activated charcoal, 4. 5:30pm, 250mg valtrex and other supps, 5. 8:30pm, probiotic, 6. 11pm, LDNafter the first week, i dropped the activated charcoal, and moved the third dosage up to 4pm, instead of at 5:30pm, since I no longer needed the two hour window between supps and activated charcoal.I also gave an 8 oz. glass of water before each dose of valtrex, followed by 3 ozs of water w/ 10 drops of milk thistle.I kept/keep a diary of gains, regression, etc., immediate gains were speech and receptive language. immediate regression was hyperactivity and stimming (not major stimmy...just stims, that he had, and were gone, but came back for about a week while starting valtrex..) I was hoping for some regression, though, b/c I knew that meant he was a responder

(potentially, anyway...) and it turned out that he was...The key w/ the yeast is that you must have an azole on board (diflucan, nizoral - NOT nystatin), make sure it's at least 90mg.check liver enzymes (we do this monthly..)Good Luck! Get your highlighter out, b/c the he Stan Kurtz TACANOW article is great -- print it. keep it close by...I studied it and read many posts before beginning..To:

mb12 valtrex Sent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:17:37 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing so 250 mg three times per day?how bad is yeast with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT OFrom: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrance@ gmail.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Dosage should be 3x a day, not twice. DAN hasn't quite gotten up to speed on this. I know of a lot of big name, well respected DANs that aren't doing it right. Cheryl~http://www. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com~@midian42~ Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be

good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers. > > We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd. > > our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low. > > i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day. > > our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles

stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two. > > IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING... > > > ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6? > > MATT O >

Guest guest

Matt:We do 250mg 3x a day. I first washed the blue dye off, then used a pill crusher to "mash" the pill (which I purchased from CVS pharmacy.) The first week we used activated charcoal. That is, we didn't wait for the die off, we just started the Activated Charcoal the same week as the Valtrex. I also gave him 1tsp of compounded dye free ibuprofen in the morning before school ( I swear by this stuff!), which I purchased through Hopewell Pharmacy....2 cups of epsom every night, and LOTS of water, patience and love :)So the dosing schedule looked like this (for the first week): 1. 8am: 250mg valtrex, diflucan 90mg. and other supps, 2. noon: 250mg

valtrex, 3. 3pm, activated charcoal, 4. 5:30pm, 250mg valtrex and other supps, 5. 8:30pm, probiotic, 6. 11pm, LDNafter the first week, i dropped the activated charcoal, and moved the third dosage up to 4pm, instead of at 5:30pm, since I no longer needed the two hour window between supps and activated charcoal.I also gave an 8 oz. glass of water before each dose of valtrex, followed by 3 ozs of water w/ 10 drops of milk thistle.I kept/keep a diary of gains, regression, etc., immediate gains were speech and receptive language. immediate regression was hyperactivity and stimming (not major stimmy...just stims, that he had, and were gone, but came back for about a week while starting valtrex..) I was hoping for some regression, though, b/c I knew that meant he was a responder

(potentially, anyway...) and it turned out that he was...The key w/ the yeast is that you must have an azole on board (diflucan, nizoral - NOT nystatin), make sure it's at least 90mg.check liver enzymes (we do this monthly..)Good Luck! Get your highlighter out, b/c the he Stan Kurtz TACANOW article is great -- print it. keep it close by...I studied it and read many posts before beginning..To:

mb12 valtrex Sent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:17:37 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing so 250 mg three times per day?how bad is yeast with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT OFrom: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrance@ gmail.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing Dosage should be 3x a day, not twice. DAN hasn't quite gotten up to speed on this. I know of a lot of big name, well respected DANs that aren't doing it right. Cheryl~http://www. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com~@midian42~ Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be

good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers. > > We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd. > > our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low. > > i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day. > > our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles

stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two. > > IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING... > > > ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6? > > MATT O >

Guest guest

Could you explain more about special symptoms. We are getting our son tested next monday and I think the dr. is going to look at us like we are crazy, oh well, I have gotten use to it has been a cause for autism and would like to see if it helps.

JJ

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Mon, May 17, 2010 5:48:59 PMSubject: Re: valtrex dosing

Lyme is a big causative.> > > Based on the half-life of Valtrex and the results we see in this group, > I strongly advocate> for three times a day. I personally like starting at 250mg. My son > was approx 32 to 38> lbs for the duration on Valtrex.> > If I had a choice of doing 500mg twice a day (1000mg total) or 250 > three times a day (750> mg total), I would choose 250mg three times a day. We just see better > results from it.> > I feel bad when I see people dosing twice a day, because they are doing

> all this work, but> then lessening their chances of recovery (IMO).> > This dosage is, IMO. a good starting dosage. More consistent blood > levels is, IMO, more> important than the dosage itself.> > Just my opinion and observation.> > - Stan> ----------------------------------------------------------> Publish your photos in seconds for FREE> Try IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack. com>

Guest guest

Could you explain more about special symptoms. We are getting our son tested next monday and I think the dr. is going to look at us like we are crazy, oh well, I have gotten use to it has been a cause for autism and would like to see if it helps.

JJ

Lyme is a big causative.> > > Based on the half-life of Valtrex and the results we see in this group, > I strongly advocate> for three times a day. I personally like starting at 250mg. My son > was approx 32 to 38> lbs for the duration on Valtrex.> > If I had a choice of doing 500mg twice a day (1000mg total) or 250 > three times a day (750> mg total), I would choose 250mg three times a day. We just see better > results from it.> > I feel bad when I see people dosing twice a day, because they are doing

> all this work, but> then lessening their chances of recovery (IMO).> > This dosage is, IMO. a good starting dosage. More consistent blood > levels is, IMO, more> important than the dosage itself.> > Just my opinion and observation.> > - Stan> ----------------------------------------------------------> Publish your photos in seconds for FREE> Try IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack. com>

Guest guest

JJ

Guest guest

I would really like to hear some recovery stories due to valtrex.

JJ

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Mon, May 17, 2010 6:07:06 PMSubject: Re: valtrex dosing

Cheryl

~http://www. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com

~@midian42~

Guest guest

JJ

To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Mon, May 17, 2010 6:07:06 PMSubject: Re: valtrex dosing

Cheryl

~@midian42~

Guest guest

With no testing, how would you determine whether there are viral

symptoms?? What type of symptoms would I be looking for?

Thanks.

Re: Re: valtrex dosing

my son is 36lbs. age, 5, out DAN prescribed 500 mg 3x day. but I only

give 250 3x a day. that dose has been good for us. I never did formal

testing to determine IF he had viral issues, I just went w/ my instinct

& his symptoms. by day two I noticed a difference and knew that my

instincts were right. btw., the exact words by our DAN were " I would

never use valtrex on anyone in my family. " but I went against his

opinion and treated anyway, and again, it's been great...

mom to 5yr. old, formally ASD boy  

Sent from my iPhone

On May 17, 2010, at 4:45 PM, " ghosharpita "

wrote:

Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old

DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it

because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has

only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers.

>

>

> our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his

could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the

antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low.

>

> i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg

in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN) for his

near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was

125 mg twice a day.

>

> our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other

measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other

herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in

varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two.

>

> IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD

FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO

CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING...

>

>

> ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE

HERPES 6?

>

> MATT O

>

Guest guest

My son is not quite recovered but very very close. His only issues left are his conversational skills are still a bit delayed (but catching up) and his ADHD. He doesn't qualify for an autism dx anymore and most people can't tell. I've had doctors tell me they would never have known.

JJ

From: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrancegmail>To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Mon, May 17, 2010 6:07:06 PMSubject: Re: valtrex dosing This dosing is much too low.

Cheryl

~@midian42~

Guest guest

Hi ,I also use Neubrander - when did you start seeing results form valtrex?  I really thought my son would respond well also because he has herpes 1 virus but it has been forty days and I do not see much improvement.Thanks,To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:51:01 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Yes, that is exactly why we stayed w/ Dr. N (b/c of the MB12.)We never ran titers.  I just started the 50-60 day trial blindly, b/c he was a "viral kid,"  and thought he may respond well, and he did.  Yes, Dr. N gave us a script for the ibuprofen.  A boy in my son's social skills class goes to Larry .  How far along is your son recovery wise?  Have you been doing biomed for long?From: matt orourke

<matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Tue, May 18, 2010 8:05:18 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

dr. n is our dan too. we went with him as our son was a good mb-12 responder. unfortunately, hbot was a big waste of time, money, etc. so he thinks iv chelation is the way to go, but this was before we did viral and immunology panels. we have a call to do with him, we wanted to do ldn, maybe iv glutathione. .. definitely want to get valtrex going.what were your guys viral titers like?did dr. n do the ibuprofen script for you?do you see dr. larry miller?MATT OFrom: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 11:15:49 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Hi, Matt.We live in Philadelphia.  Dr. Neubrander, in NJ, is our DAN! who prescribed the LDN.  We tried LDN twice.  The first time it didn't work.  I'm not sure if the dosage was too high, but we noticed major regression (the first time),  I got scared and stopped.  At the time, we didn't have anything on board for yeast, and we were only gfcf, not scd, corn free and soy free, like we are now.  So, perhaps, that's why it didn't work.  The second time we tried LDN (about a year later), we only used "two lines,"  instead of the suggested (by Neubrander), "five lines." Christel King, who is also a member of this board, suggested that I try two lines.   And it put our son over the finish line and into a

state of recovery.  We've never chelated.  And we do not see an immunologist.  Yes, the SCD legal, compounded Ibupro. is a script.Best, From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 10:51:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing   I would love to know more about your ldn experience.. . and do you need to get effective ibuprofen as a script? i live about 20 minutes from hopewell, i am there at least once a month, will be over there tomorrow for diflucan actually.i have been looking into the nids approach since we got next to nothing on the oral chelation route (4 months on ala, only got little stuff). do you have any opinions / experiences w/ immunovir, ivig (or subcutaneous like gamastan)? do you work with an immunologist?MATT OFrom:

<yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 9:27:40 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing   Matt:We do 250mg 3x a day.  I first washed the blue dye off, then used a pill crusher to "mash" the pill (which I purchased from CVS pharmacy.) The first week we used activated charcoal.  That is, we didn't wait for the die off, we just started the Activated Charcoal the same week as the Valtrex.  I also gave him 1tsp of

compounded dye free ibuprofen in the morning before school ( I swear by this stuff!), which I purchased through Hopewell Pharmacy.... 2 cups of epsom every night, and LOTS of water, patience and love :)So the dosing schedule looked like this (for the first week): 1.  8am: 250mg valtrex, diflucan 90mg. and other supps, 2.  noon:  250mg valtrex, 3.  3pm, activated charcoal, 4.  5:30pm, 250mg valtrex and other supps, 5.  8:30pm, probiotic, 6.  11pm, LDNafter the first week, i dropped the activated charcoal, and moved the third dosage up to 4pm, instead of at 5:30pm, since I no longer needed the two hour window between supps and activated charcoal.I also gave an 8 oz. glass of water before each dose of valtrex, followed by 3 ozs of

water w/ 10 drops of milk thistle.I kept/keep a diary of gains, regression, etc., immediate gains were speech and receptive language.  immediate regression was hyperactivity and stimming (not major stimmy...just stims, that he had, and were gone, but came back for about a week while starting valtrex..)  I was hoping for some regression, though, b/c I knew that meant he was a responder (potentially, anyway...) and it turned out that he was...The key w/ the yeast is that you must have an azole on board (diflucan, nizoral - NOT nystatin), make sure it's at least 90mg.check liver enzymes (we do this monthly..)Good Luck!  Get your highlighter out, b/c the he Stan Kurtz TACANOW article is great -- print it.  keep it close by...I studied it and read many posts before beginning..From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:17:37 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing   so 250 mg three times per day?how bad is

yeast

with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT OFrom: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrance@ gmail.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing   Dosage should be 3x a day, not twice.  DAN hasn't quite gotten up to speed on this.  I

know of

a lot of big name, well respected DANs that aren't doing it right. Cheryl~http://www. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com~@midian42~   Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers. > > We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd. > > our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low. > > i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN)

for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day. > > our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two. > > IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING... > > > ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6? > > MATT O >

Guest guest

Hi ,I also use Neubrander - when did you start seeing results form valtrex?  I really thought my son would respond well also because he has herpes 1 virus but it has been forty days and I do not see much improvement.Thanks,To: mb12 valtrex Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:51:01 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Yes, that is exactly why we stayed w/ Dr. N (b/c of the MB12.)We never ran titers.  I just started the 50-60 day trial blindly, b/c he was a "viral kid,"  and thought he may respond well, and he did.  Yes, Dr. N gave us a script for the ibuprofen.  A boy in my son's social skills class goes to Larry .  How far along is your son recovery wise?  Have you been doing biomed for long?From: matt orourke

<matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Tue, May 18, 2010 8:05:18 AMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

dr. n is our dan too. we went with him as our son was a good mb-12 responder. unfortunately, hbot was a big waste of time, money, etc. so he thinks iv chelation is the way to go, but this was before we did viral and immunology panels. we have a call to do with him, we wanted to do ldn, maybe iv glutathione. .. definitely want to get valtrex going.what were your guys viral titers like?did dr. n do the ibuprofen script for you?do you see dr. larry miller?MATT OFrom: <yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 11:15:49 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing

Hi, Matt.We live in Philadelphia.  Dr. Neubrander, in NJ, is our DAN! who prescribed the LDN.  We tried LDN twice.  The first time it didn't work.  I'm not sure if the dosage was too high, but we noticed major regression (the first time),  I got scared and stopped.  At the time, we didn't have anything on board for yeast, and we were only gfcf, not scd, corn free and soy free, like we are now.  So, perhaps, that's why it didn't work.  The second time we tried LDN (about a year later), we only used "two lines,"  instead of the suggested (by Neubrander), "five lines." Christel King, who is also a member of this board, suggested that I try two lines.   And it put our son over the finish line and into a

state of recovery.  We've never chelated.  And we do not see an immunologist.  Yes, the SCD legal, compounded Ibupro. is a script.Best, From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 10:51:57 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing   I would love to know more about your ldn experience.. . and do you need to get effective ibuprofen as a script? i live about 20 minutes from hopewell, i am there at least once a month, will be over there tomorrow for diflucan actually.i have been looking into the nids approach since we got next to nothing on the oral chelation route (4 months on ala, only got little stuff). do you have any opinions / experiences w/ immunovir, ivig (or subcutaneous like gamastan)? do you work with an immunologist?MATT OFrom:

<yahoo (DOT) com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 9:27:40 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing   Matt:We do 250mg 3x a day.  I first washed the blue dye off, then used a pill crusher to "mash" the pill (which I purchased from CVS pharmacy.) The first week we used activated charcoal.  That is, we didn't wait for the die off, we just started the Activated Charcoal the same week as the Valtrex.  I also gave him 1tsp of

compounded dye free ibuprofen in the morning before school ( I swear by this stuff!), which I purchased through Hopewell Pharmacy.... 2 cups of epsom every night, and LOTS of water, patience and love :)So the dosing schedule looked like this (for the first week): 1.  8am: 250mg valtrex, diflucan 90mg. and other supps, 2.  noon:  250mg valtrex, 3.  3pm, activated charcoal, 4.  5:30pm, 250mg valtrex and other supps, 5.  8:30pm, probiotic, 6.  11pm, LDNafter the first week, i dropped the activated charcoal, and moved the third dosage up to 4pm, instead of at 5:30pm, since I no longer needed the two hour window between supps and activated charcoal.I also gave an 8 oz. glass of water before each dose of valtrex, followed by 3 ozs of

water w/ 10 drops of milk thistle.I kept/keep a diary of gains, regression, etc., immediate gains were speech and receptive language.  immediate regression was hyperactivity and stimming (not major stimmy...just stims, that he had, and were gone, but came back for about a week while starting valtrex..)  I was hoping for some regression, though, b/c I knew that meant he was a responder (potentially, anyway...) and it turned out that he was...The key w/ the yeast is that you must have an azole on board (diflucan, nizoral - NOT nystatin), make sure it's at least 90mg.check liver enzymes (we do this monthly..)Good Luck!  Get your highlighter out, b/c the he Stan Kurtz TACANOW article is great -- print it.  keep it close by...I studied it and read many posts before beginning..From: matt orourke <matthew_t_orourke@ yahoo.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:17:37 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing   so 250 mg three times per day?how bad is

yeast

with valtrex?any other things we need to address when doing this?MATT OFrom: Cheryl L. <cheryl.lowrance@ gmail.com>To: mb12 valtrex@ yahoogroups. comSent: Mon, May 17, 2010 7:08:51 PMSubject: Re: Re: valtrex dosing   Dosage should be 3x a day, not twice.  DAN hasn't quite gotten up to speed on this.  I

know of

a lot of big name, well respected DANs that aren't doing it right. Cheryl~http://www. gryffins- tail.blogspot. com~@midian42~   Not sure. Our DAN has recommended 500 mg, twice daily, for 4.5 yr. old DS who is between 32 and 35 lbs. And I feel comfortable giving it because our DAN is known to be good. We just started though and DS has only elevated Measles - no other elevated titers. > > We are getting ready to try valtrex on our 4.5 year old son with asd. > > our local dan told us to do a very low dose, but i have been told his could lead to the virals he does have being innoculated to the antiviral and developing an immunity to valtrex if dosing is low. > > i know someone whose son did very well with antiviral but did 350 mg in the am, 250 mg at noon, and 350 mg at night (NIDS not DAN)

for his near 60 lb. son. our guy is just shy of 40 lbs, and the dose we got was 125 mg twice a day. > > our guy has high measle antibodies, but no high titers on other measles stuff (like chronic). he has the herpes6, but not any other herpes according to neuroscience viral panel. he is elevated in varicella, but not positive. he was vaccinated - almost up to age two. > > IS THERE A PER LB. MERIC FOR DOSING VALTREX, LIKE ANDY C.'S METHOD FOR ORAL CHELATION? WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT GIVING HIM TOO MUCH, BUT ALSO CONCERNED ABOUT THE WHOLE DEVELOPING A RESISTANCE THING... > > > ALSO, THIS WILL NOT HELP WITH VARICELLA OR MEASLES RIGHT? JUST THE HERPES 6? > > MATT O >