RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: I'm speechless!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Bonnie was the one driving.

Bill

Re: I'm speechless!!> > Not that I want to chime in and > cause commotion (of course I will)! > But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. > I have > to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply > because > of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those > are > odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the > poor guy > was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm > sure > he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. > > But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in > a > wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was > "wow, my > dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked > (bragged) > about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see > things > differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our > opinions > People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and > in so > much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also > never > took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.> > Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..> Mindy> > > >> > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was > safe. It > would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox > news > this morning telling what had happened. > > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am > sorry > But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the > first > day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good > friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > > Bill> > > > > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a > SUPPORT > groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this > list > to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. > Obviously > Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would > know how > comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who > witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he > did not > get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> > Bill> >> > > >

Luggage? GPS? Comic books? Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

Guest guest

Hey, who said I was kidding? This is an awesome place but more work then one man can handle. I'd offer room and board, he's have all the freedom he'd need to get a job, as long as he helped around here when needed...and I AM a good cook...I didn't get this body by being a bad one ROFL...just let him know the winters are long (we already have a woodstove in the barn, more then enough to keep someone warm) Hugs Akiba -- Re: I'm speechless!! Akiba~ You keep sayin' that an' I'm gonna take you seriously. I mean it...I'll tell him. LOL Luv & blessings...Val @};- Re: I'm speechless!!

Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD. Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician. Now she had always had these really muscular legs and calves (everyone thought she was an athlete). Anyways, she was at the lab one night..bored..and decided to test herself on some things. Well, her liver enzyme test came back at a nearly impossible figure. She tested again with the same result. The next day she called her Dr. and she was diagnosed with a form of MD with some name that starts with a PolyXXXXXX. 13 years late, she is in a wheelchair and has spent most of her life on some horrible drugs (can't have children because of them).When you guys mentioned the large calves, I thought of Melody.Anyways, if you suspect you have some form of MD...the best thing to do is get a referral to your nearsest MDA clinic. They will set you totally. Charcot Marie Tooth is done by a DNA test. MD is genetic in nature. My brother was offically diagnosed this way even though we pretty much all new because he was clumsy, had the high arches, and the CMT gait all his life. To put it simply, CMT is a form of MD that atropys the muscles from elbows to wrists and from knees to ankles and it worsens in adulthood. Many people do well and are very proactive with this disease. However, most will need walkin assistance in late forties.Hope that answers some questions.Mindy> > > >> > > > Mindy.I wont chime in on the....>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.13/842 - Release Date: 6/9/07 10:46 AM

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.13/842 - Release Date: 6/9/07 10:46 AM

Guest guest

Bill the whole thing breaks my heart...I feel SO sorry for Bonnie, she is going to have a hard time with this, I feel so sad for her and what she is and will go through. Candles lit for her, and her parents. Hugs Akiba -- Re: I'm speechless!! Hi Bonnie was the one driving. Bill Re: I'm speechless!!> > Not that I want to chime in and > cause commotion (of course I will)! > But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. > I have > to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply > because > of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those > are > odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the > poor guy > was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm > sure > he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. > > But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in > a > wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was > "wow, my > dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked > (bragged) > about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see > things > differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our > opinions > People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and > in so > much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also > never > took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.> > Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..> Mindy> > > >> > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was > safe. It > would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox > news > this morning telling what had happened. > > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am > sorry > But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the > first > day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good > friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > > Bill> > > > > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a > SUPPORT > groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this > list > to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. > Obviously > Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would > know how > comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who > witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he > did not > get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> > Bill> >> > > >

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

Guest guest

Okie dokie then. When I get ahold of him, I'll sure let you know. He has been talking about moving back west. You know, we're originally(sp?) from Idaho. Have long winters there as well. He's used to a different culture than the one here. Can't say I blame him. I hate it here, myself. But, I'll show him some pics of your land and stuff. I really think he'd be interested. I know it's not out west, but it's not here either. And I'll be sure to remember to tell him about your cookin'. He loves to eat!! Don't know where he puts all that food. We used to call him the bottomless pit, or Hollow leg.

Luv & blessings...

Val @};-

Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD. Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician. Now she had always had these really muscular legs and calves (everyone thought she was an athlete). Anyways, she was at the lab one night..bored..and decided to test herself on some things. Well, her liver enzyme test came back at a nearly impossible figure. She tested again with the same result. The next day she called her Dr. and she was diagnosed with a form of MD with some name that starts with a PolyXXXXXX. 13 years late, she is in a wheelchair and has spent most of her life on some horrible drugs (can't have children because of them).When you guys mentioned the large calves, I thought of Melody.Anyways, if you suspect you have some form of MD...the best thing to do is get a referral to your nearsest MDA clinic. They will set you tally. Charcot Marie Tooth is done by a DNA test. MD is genetic in nature. My brother was offically diagnosed this way even though we pretty much all new because he was clumsy, had the high arches, and the CMT gait all his life. To put it simply, CMT is a form of MD that atropys the muscles from elbows to wrists and from knees to ankles and it worsens in adulthood. Many people do well and are very proactive with this disease. However, most will need walkin assistance in late forties.Hope that answers some questions.Mindy> > > >> > > > Mindy.I wont chime in on the....>

Guest guest

Y'all are in NC, if I recall...I understad not liking it, being from Idaho. I lived in Florida for years, it is SO different down there. rob and I were saying just today that one of the things I really do NOT miss from the more Southern area is some of the bugs...red ants, fleas, cockroaches...none of those here. We DO have bugs, yeah, there is something they call a "potato bug", looks like a solid red ladybug, They're Ok but very prolific for about a month. And there are ticks, but they're the big brown dog ticks not the itty bitty red deer ticks that carry lymes, and of course there are 'skeeters, here, there, everywhere...but all in all the bugs here don't "bug" me half as much as the bugs there did! And where we are there is almost NO light at night other then the moon and stars, which are SO big they're incredible! And I saw the first lightning bugs the other night...YAY!, I Love those! And the quiet...it is SO lovely and quiet! Sure, tell Mark there is a place for him here...if he's your bro he's gotta be a great person to know...maybe we can then entice Cassy to come here too...start an MS commune...wouldn't that be fun!!! Hugs All y'all!!! Akiba (watching vampires on the history channel...gonna need my woobie to keep nightmares away...) -- Re: I'm speechless!! Okie dokie then. When I get ahold of him, I'll sure let you know. He has been talking about moving back west. You know, we're originally(sp?) from Idaho. Have long winters there as well. He's used to a different culture than the one here. Can't say I blame him. I hate it here, myself. But, I'll show him some pics of your land and stuff. I really think he'd be interested. I know it's not out west, but it's not here either. And I'll be sure to remember to tell him about your cookin'. He loves to eat!! Don't know where he puts all that food. We used to call him the bottomless pit, or Hollow leg. Luv & blessings... Val @};- Re: I'm speechless!!

Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD. Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician. Now she had always had these really muscular legs and calves (everyone thought she was an athlete). Anyways, she was at the lab one night..bored..and decided to test herself on some things. Well, her liver enzyme test came back at a nearly impossible figure. She tested again with the same result. The next day she called her Dr. and she was diagnosed with a form of MD with some name that starts with a PolyXXXXXX. 13 years late, she is in a wheelchair and has spent most of her life on some horrible drugs (can't have children because of them).When you guys mentioned the large calves, I thought of Melody.Anyways, if you suspect you have some form of MD...the best thing to do is get a referral to your nearsest MDA clinic. They will set you tally. Charcot Marie Tooth is done by a DNA test. MD is genetic in nature. My brother was offically diagnosed this way even though we pretty much all new because he was clumsy, had the high arches, and the CMT gait all his life. To put it simply, CMT is a form of MD that atropys the muscles from elbows to wrists and from knees to ankles and it worsens in adulthood. Many people do well and are very proactive with this disease. However, most will need walkin assistance in late forties.Hope that answers some questions.Mindy> > > >> > > > Mindy.I wont chime in on the....>

Guest guest

Val, I rather suspect that he told you "polychondritis," which is usually a relapsing syndrome,

and is autoimmune based--right along with MS, RA, Lupus--you know, all the really FUN

things! Love to you and to him; keep us posted, please,

n

--------- Re: I'm speechless!!

Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD. Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician. Now she had always had these really muscular legs and calves (everyone thought she was an athlete). Anyways, she was at the lab one night..bored..and decided to test herself on some things. Well, her liver enzyme test came back at a nearly impossible figure. She tested again with the same result. The next day she called her Dr. and she was diagnosed with a form of MD with some name that starts with a PolyXXXXXX. 13 years late, she is in a wheelchair and has spent most of her life on some horrible drugs (can't have children because of them).When you guys mentioned the large calves, I thought of Melody.Anyways, if you suspect you have some form of MD...the best thing to do is get a referral to your nearsest MDA clin

ic. They will set you up totally. Charcot Marie Tooth is done by a DNA test. MD is genetic in nature. My brother was offically diagnosed this way even though we pretty much all new because he was clumsy, had the high arches, and the CMT gait all his life. To put it simply, CMT is a form of MD that atropys the muscles from elbows to wrists and from knees to ankles and it worsens in adulthood. Many people do well and are very proactive with this disease. However, most will need walkin assistance in late forties.Hope that answers some questions.Mindy> > > >> > > > Mindy.I wont chime in on the....>

Guest guest

Val.Hope hes feeln ok.Is this something serious? Im behind on posts.Hopefully it

is something very treatable.Let us know k.Luv ya, cassy

[cop.girl@...] wrote:

n~

I think that's close, but it seems like he said polycon***. Because, I said

back to him, jokingly....Polly can what? Then he repeated it. But, by the time I

got home, I'd forgotten it. I should have written it down at the time.

Thanks though. I wish I could get a hold of him. He tells me he wants me to

help him find a girlfriend, then he makes himself unattainable. Oh,

brother....(literally)

Love and blessings....Val @};-

Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD.

Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a

girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician.

Now she had always had these really muscular legs and calves

(everyone thought she was an athlete). Anyways, she was at the lab

one night..bored..and decided to test herself on some things. Well,

her liver enzyme test came back at a nearly impossible figure. She

tested again with the same result. The next day she called her Dr.

and she was diagnosed with a form of MD with some name that starts

with a PolyXXXXXX. 13 years late, she is in a wheelchair and has

spent most of her life on some horrible drugs (can't have children

because of them).

When you guys mentioned the large calves, I thought of Melody.

Anyways, if you suspect you have some....

Guest guest

Val.Hope hes feeln ok.Is this something serious? Im behind on posts.Hopefully it

is something very treatable.Let us know k.Luv ya, cassy

[cop.girl@...] wrote:

n~

I think that's close, but it seems like he said polycon***. Because, I said

back to him, jokingly....Polly can what? Then he repeated it. But, by the time I

got home, I'd forgotten it. I should have written it down at the time.

Thanks though. I wish I could get a hold of him. He tells me he wants me to

help him find a girlfriend, then he makes himself unattainable. Oh,

brother....(literally)

Love and blessings....Val @};-

girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician.

Now she had always had these really muscular legs and calves

(everyone thought she was an athlete). Anyways, she was at the lab

one night..bored..and decided to test herself on some things. Well,

her liver enzyme test came back at a nearly impossible figure. She

tested again with the same result. The next day she called her Dr.

and she was diagnosed with a form of MD with some name that starts

with a PolyXXXXXX. 13 years late, she is in a wheelchair and has

spent most of her life on some horrible drugs (can't have children

because of them).

When you guys mentioned the large calves, I thought of Melody.

Anyways, if you suspect you have some....

Guest guest

I sure will Sharon.Hey,if I forget remind ME. k.lol.jk.

[wobbletowalk@...] wrote:

I think that's a good idea. I'll see what I can do about it. If I don't say

anything please remind me again :)

Sharon

" Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life. " -Burton Hills

Hi Mindy,do you mind if I ask how your brother was dxd with Charcot Marie

Tooth.Awile back the rematologist I seen gave me a big packet w/ MD info and

had asked if I had been checked,she recomended the specialist do a muscle

biopsy.Well, he said i didnt need one because my blood tests were ok.So it

was totally dismissed,then I was sent to my PT who specializes in neuro

diseases and she had asked if I had been checked for Charcot Marie Tooth.I

told her no and the whole story so she spoke to a good friend of hers that

has it.She said it took her many yrs. To be dx'd and she has symptoms

similiar to mine.She also said her friend has similiar looking feet as mine

I have extremely high arches and they kinda jus flop,I also have extremely

large calves.Im jus wondering,wondering if the docs are missn sumthn or

thinkn thats not the case due to normal ck levels and all that.Thanks. Luv ya

cassy

[mindythornyahoo (DOT) com] wrote:

Sharon,

Do your nephews have Charcot Marie Tooth MD? It's one that doesn't

show up strongly until late 20's or so. That's what my father had

and my brother has (he wears braces at age 39).

Mindy

>

> Three of my nephews " got " MD when they were young adults. I have

MS and I think my father may have had it as well. My two children

show signs of MS, although my son doesn't speak it out loud. He does

have " nerve " problems and has been dxed with Ulnar Palsy. But his

legs get cramps, tightness and spasms in them after he has been

working in the heat. He has used Lynn's Spasm Oil with great

success.

>

> love

> Sharon

>

> " Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life. " -Burton

Hills

>

>

>

>

> ----- Original Message ----

> From: n Rojas <Rojas5915@. ..>

> To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.com

>....

Guest guest

Or...just perhaps? Polymylitis?...or just to be silly...PolyOstring cheese? kate the wacky> Val; I am willing to bite: "polymyalgia rheumatica?" "polymyositis?"> Just for starters! Love,> n Please visit: http://www.bicycleman.com

awesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!

Attachment: vcard [not shown]

Guest guest

Polychondritis.http://www.polychondritis.com/

love,kate

-> n~> I think that's close, but it seems like he said polycon***. > Because, I said back to him, jokingly....Polly can what? Then he > repeated it. But, by the time I got home, I'd forgotten it. I > should have written it down at the time.> Thanks though. I wish I could get a hold of him. He tells me he > wants me to help him find a girlfriend, then he makes himself > unattainable. Oh, brother....(literally)> Love and blessings....Val @};-> Please visit: http://www.bicycleman.com

awesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!

Attachment: vcard [not shown]

Guest guest

Hi Bill: I'm really sorry to hear that. How is she doing? Sharon "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life." -Burton Hills Re: I'm speechless!!> > Not that I want to chime in and > cause commotion (of course I will)! > But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. > I have > to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply > because > of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those > are > odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the > poor guy > was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm > sure > he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. > > But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in > a > wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was > "wow, my > dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked > (bragged) > about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see > things > differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our > opinions > People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and > in so > much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also > never > took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.> > Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..> Mindy> > > >> > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was > safe. It > would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox > news > this morning telling what had happened. > > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am > sorry > But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the > first > day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good > friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > > Bill> > > > > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a > SUPPORT > groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this > list > to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. > Obviously > Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would > know how > comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who > witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he > did not > get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> > Bill> >> > > >

No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started.

Guest guest

Thank you, Kate!~

That's it! That's what Mark was dx'd with. I just went to the link you sent. Whoa, I didn't know it was that serious. And of course, Mark doesn't say one word about it. I really do think that he may be in complete denial. Now, I'm worried about him. He needs to understand more about this disease. I know, I'll be getting some more information on it.

Thank you so much for finding this for me. As soon as I saw the name, I knew right away that this is what he was talking about.

Love and blessings...Val

Polychondritis.http://www.polychondritis.com/

love,kate

-> n~> I think that's close, but it seems like he said polycon***. > Because, I said back to him, jokingly....Polly can what? Then he > repeated it. But, by the time I got home, I'd forgotten it. I > should have written it down at the time.> Thanks though. I wish I could get a hold of him. He tells me he > wants me to help him find a girlfriend, then he makes himself > unattainable. Oh, brother....(literally)> Love and blessings....Val @};-> Please visit: http://www.bicycleman.com awesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!

Guest guest

n~

He is in remission right now and doing real well. You'd never know he was sick. Kate sent me a link to the name of the disease he has. Untill I read it, I didn't know how serious it actually is. And now, I'm a little worried. It is a very serious disease. It's rare and potentionaly fatal disease. I'll be doing a lot of researching on this. If he doesn't want to know about it, I'll make it my mission.

Love and blessings...Val

Re: I'm speechless!!Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD. Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician. Now she had always had these really muscular legs and calves (everyone thought she was an athlete). Anyways, she was at the lab one night..bored..and decided to test herself on some things. Well, her liver enzyme test came back at a nearly impossible figure. She tested again with the same result. The next day she called her Dr. and she was diagnosed with a form of MD with some name that starts with a PolyXXXXXX. 13 years late, she is in a wheelchair and has spent most of her life on some horrible drugs (can't have children because of them).When you guys mentioned the large calves, I thought of Melody.Anyways, if you suspect you have some....

Guest guest

Yepper...I think that's the one. Right now, I'm looking to see how it is treated and if it's life threatening. Man, I'd hate to lose my brother so soon after getting reaquainted and all. He's a super guy...

Love, Val

Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD. Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician. Now she had always had these really muscular legs and calves (everyone thought she was an athlete). Anyways, she was at the lab one night..bored..and decided to test herself on some things. Well, her liver enzyme test came back at a nearly impossible figure. She tested again with the same result. The next day she called her Dr. and she was diagnosed with a form of MD with some name that starts with a PolyXXXXXX. 13 years late, she is in a wheelchair and has spent most of her life on some horrible drugs (can't have children because of them).When you guys mentioned the large calves, I thought of Melody.Anyways, if you suspect you have some form of MD...the best thing to do is get a referral to your nearsest MDA clin ic. They will set you up totally. Charcot Marie Tooth is done by a DNA test. MD is genetic in nature. My brother was offically diagnosed this way even though we pretty much all new because he was clumsy, had the high arches, and the CMT gait all his life. To put it simply, CMT is a form of MD that atropys the muscles from elbows to wrists and from knees to ankles and it worsens in adulthood. Many people do well and are very proactive with this disease. However, most will need walkin assistance in late forties.Hope that answers some questions.Mindy> > > >> > > > Mindy.I wont chime in on the....>

Guest guest

Hmmm~

Great minds think alike! I was thinking the very same thing. What do ya think, Cassy??

Yeah, I hear ya on the bug issue. Do you know, growing up, I had heard about cockroaches. But, I had never actually seen one until I moved to the south. I'm serious. I was in my mid-twenties before I'd seen one. Then, I almost flipped out! Especially when I found out there were so many different kinds. The first time I'd ever seen one fly, it freaked me out. I'd always thought that only dirty people had cockroaches. But, in the south, anyone can get an occasional one or two. I still believe that if your house is infested with them...you gotta start thinking about doing some serious housework.

Another thing I hate are the no-see-em's. I'd never heard of them either. The are a lot like chiggers. Nasty little critters.

We've had lightning bugs out this year for quite awhile. We didn't really have a winter this year, so all the critters and plant life got a little confused.

And thanks for the compliment. I think you're great too!!

Love and blessings....Val

Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD. Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician. Now she had always had these really muscular legs and calves (everyone thought she was an athlete). Anyways, she was at the lab one night..bored..and decided to test herself on some things. Well, her liver enzyme test came back at a nearly impossible figure. She tested again with the same result. The next day she called her Dr. and she was diagnosed with a form of MD with some name that starts with a PolyXXXXXX. 13 years late, she is in a wheelchair and has spent most of her life on some horrible drugs (can't have children because of them).When you guys mentioned the large calves, I thought of Melody.Anyways, if you suspect you have some form of MD...the best thing to do is get a referral to your nearsest MDA clinic. They will set you lly. Charcot Marie Tooth is done by a DNA test. MD is genetic in nature. My brother was offically diagnosed this way even though we pretty much all new because he was clumsy, had the high arches, and the CMT gait all his life. To put it simply, CMT is a form of MD that atropys the muscles from elbows to wrists and from knees to ankles and it worsens in adulthood. Many people do well and are very proactive with this disease. However, most will need walkin assistance in late forties.Hope that answers some questions.Mindy> > > >> > > > Mindy.I wont chime in on the....>

Guest guest

Val.What is the name?Id like to look it up? I really hope and pray he will be

ok.Maybe thats why he is MIA,maybe he isnt feeling well and dosnt want anyone to

worry.When you talk to him give him my email or ask if you can give me his.It

always helps to have understanding people to talk to. Maybe he dosnt want to

worry you.I dont know,but now im worried. So please keep me posted.Luv ya,cassy

[cop.girl@...] wrote:

n~

He is in remission right now and doing real well. You'd never know he was sick.

Kate sent me a link to the name of the disease he has. Untill I read it, I

didn't know how serious it actually is. And now, I'm a little worried. It is a

very serious disease. It's rare and potentionaly fatal disease. I'll be doing a

lot of researching on this. If he doesn't want to know about it, I'll make it my

mission.

Love and blessings...Val

girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician.....

Guest guest

I told Rob about Mark, he said "Bring him on! I need the help!" He's already making plans to enclose the porch to make another bedroom or build a small cabin...so Yes, Mark would be a welcome addition to the "family" Hugs Akiba -- Re: I'm speechless!! Hmmm~ Great minds think alike! I was thinking the very same thing. What do ya think, Cassy?? Yeah, I hear ya on the bug issue. Do you know, growing up, I had heard about cockroaches. But, I had never actually seen one until I moved to the south. I'm serious. I was in my mid-twenties before I'd seen one. Then, I almost flipped out! Especially when I found out there were so many different kinds. The first time I'd ever seen one fly, it freaked me out. I'd always thought that only dirty people had cockroaches. But, in the south, anyone can get an occasional one or two. I still believe that if your house is infested with them...you gotta start thinking about doing some serious housework. Another thing I hate are the no-see-em's. I'd never heard of them either. The are a lot like chiggers. Nasty little critters. We've had lightning bugs out this year for quite awhile. We didn't really have a winter this year, so all the critters and plant life got a little confused. And thanks for the compliment. I think you're great too!! Love and blessings....Val Re: I'm speechless!!

Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD. Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician. Now she had always had these really muscular legs and calves (everyone thought she was an athlete). Anyways, she was at the lab one night..bored..and decided to test herself on some things. Well, her liver enzyme test came back at a nearly impossible figure. She tested again with the same result. The next day she called her Dr. and she was diagnosed with a form of MD with some name that starts with a PolyXXXXXX. 13 years late, she is in a wheelchair and has spent most of her life on some horrible drugs (can't have children because of them).When you guys mentioned the large calves, I thought of Melody.Anyways, if you suspect you have some form of MD...the best thing to do is get a referral to your nearsest MDA clinic. They will set you lly. Charcot Marie Tooth is done by a DNA test. MD is genetic in nature. My brother was offically diagnosed this way even though we pretty much all new because he was clumsy, had the high arches, and the CMT gait all his life. To put it simply, CMT is a form of MD that atropys the muscles from elbows to wrists and from knees to ankles and it worsens in adulthood. Many people do well and are very proactive with this disease. However, most will need walkin assistance in late forties.Hope that answers some questions.Mindy> > > >> > > > Mindy.I wont chime in on the....>

Guest guest

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry for your brother, Val. I always say there are worse things out there than MS. Is he the brother who lives near you?Sharon "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life." -Burton Hills Re: I'm speechless!!

Polychondritis.http://www.polychon dritis.com/

love,kate

-> n~> I think that's close, but it seems like he said polycon***. > Because, I said back to him, jokingly.... Polly can what? Then he > repeated it. But, by the time I got home, I'd forgotten it. I > should have written it down at the time.> Thanks though. I wish I could get a hold of him. He tells me he > wants me to help him find a girlfriend, then he makes himself > unattainable. Oh, brother....( literally)> Love and blessings... .Val @};-> Please visit: http://www.bicyclem an.com awesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

You and Rob are awesome Akiba.What loving people! Now if you bulid a cabin be

prepared to see me and my girls REAL soon.lol.How many hours is it from me to

you? Please dont say days.lol.

[akyba@...] wrote:

I told Rob about Mark, he said " Bring him on! I need the help! " He's already

making plans to enclose the porch to make another bedroom or build a small

cabin...so Yes, Mark would be a welcome addition to the " family "

Hugs

Akiba

-- Re: I'm speechless!!

Hmmm~

Great minds think alike! I was thinking the very same thing. What do ya

think, Cassy??

Yeah, I hear ya on the bug issue. Do you know, growing up, I had heard

about cockroaches. But, I had never actually seen one until I moved to the

south. I'm serious. I was in my mid-twenties before I'd seen one. Then, I

almost flipped out! Especially when I found out there were so many different

kinds. The first time I'd ever seen one fly, it freaked me out. I'd always

thought that only dirty people had cockroaches. But, in the south, anyone

can get an occasional one or two. I still believe that if your house is

infested with them...you gotta start thinking about doing some serious

housework.

Another thing I hate are the no-see-em's. I'd never heard of them either.

The are a lot like chiggers. Nasty little critters.

We've had lightning bugs out this year for quite awhile. We didn't really

have a winter this year, so all the critters and plant life got a little

confused.

Y'all are in NC, if I recall...I understad not liking it, being from Idaho.

I lived in Florida for years, it is SO different down there. rob and I were

saying just today that one of the things I really do NOT miss from the more

Southern area is some of the bugs...red ants, fleas, cockroaches...none of

those here. We DO have bugs, yeah, there is something they call a " potato

bug " , looks like a solid red ladybug, They're Ok but very prolific for about

a month. And there are ticks, but they're the big brown dog ticks not the

itty bitty red deer ticks that carry lymes, and of course there are

skeeters, here, there, everywhere...but all in all the bugs here don't " bug "

me half as much as the bugs there did! And where we are the is almost NO

light at night other then the moon and stars, which are SO big they're

incredible! And I saw the first lightning bugs the other night...YAY!, I

Love those! And the quiet...it is SO lovely and quiet!

Sure, tell Mark there is a place for him here...if he's your bro he's gotta

be a great person to know...maybe we can then entice Cassy to come here too.

..start an MS commune...wouldn't that be fun!!!

Hugs All y'all!!!

Akiba (watching vampires on the history channel...gonna need my woobie to

keep nightmares away...)

-------Original Message-------

Date: 6/9/2007 11:59:17 PM

To:....

Guest guest

Im really getting Enticed now! Lol. :P My grandma has flying cock roaches were

she lives.Do you have them Sharon.I use to live out there were my g-ma lives.It

is considered california but is just a few miles of Arizona.We never had

roaches in the house just huge ones flying outside. So gross! Once a friend of

mine came to visit and rode with my uncle,they got in his truck to leave and all

we heard was screaming and crying,we went out to see what was goin on and she

was throwing her hands around and jumped outta the car and was running and

yelling.Rofl.lol.A story to remember I still mess with her about it.I dont think

it gets any worse then a huge flying cockroach.lol.Lots of luv,cassy

[cop.girl@...] wrote:

Hmmm~

Great minds think alike! I was thinking the very same thing. What do ya think,

Cassy??

Yeah, I hear ya on the bug issue. Do you know, growing up, I had heard about

cockroaches. But, I had never actually seen one until I moved to the south. I'm

serious. I was in my mid-twenties before I'd seen one. Then, I almost flipped

out! Especially when I found out there were so many different kinds. The first

time I'd ever seen one fly, it freaked me out. I'd always thought that only

dirty people had cockroaches. But, in the south, anyone can get an occasional

one or two. I still believe that if your house is infested with them...you gotta

start thinking about doing some serious housework.

Another thing I hate are the no-see-em's. I'd never heard of them either. The

are a lot like chiggers. Nasty little critters.

We've had lightning bugs out this year for quite awhile. We didn't really have

a winter this year, so all the critters and plant life got a little confused.

Okie dokie then. When I get ahold of him, I'll sure let you know. He has

been talkngabout moving back west. You know, we're originally(sp?) from Idaho.

Have long winters there as well. He's used to a different culture than the one

here. Can't say I blame him. I hate it here, myself. But,....

Guest guest

April fools Day.Ahh.what a day to be dx'd.I probably would have said your jus

playn a prank hu? Cuz its april fools. Lol..Could never forget that day.How long

did you live in Washington STATE? Im sure you have said but these days I have

mush for brains.Lots of luv,cassy

[akyba@...] wrote:

It was just before my MS dx. Same Dr that sent me to the neuro that Dx'd my

MS, Dr Chandler, in Washington State, he referred me to Dr Price, who did

the MRI and Dx'd me on April Fool's day, 2004

Hugs

Akiba

-- Re: I'm speechless!!

Hi Mindy,do you mind if I ask how your brother was dxd with Charcot Marie

Tooth.Awile back the rematologist I seen gave me a big packet w/ MD info and

had asked if I had been checked,she recomended the specialist do a muscle

biopsy.Well,he said i didnt need one because my blood tests were ok.So it

was totally dismissed,then I was sent to my PT who specializes in neuro

diseases and she had asked if I had been checked for Charcot Marie Tooth.I

told her no and the whole story so she spoke to a good friend of hers that

has it.She said it took her many yrs. To be dx'd and she has symptoms

similiar to mine.She also said her friend has similiar looking feet as mine

I have extremely high arches and they kinda jus flop,I also have extremely

large calves.Im jus wondering,wondering if the docs are missn sumthn or

thinkn thats not the case due to normal ck levels and all that.Thanks.Luv ya

cassy

[mindythorn@...] wrote:

Sharon,

Do your nephews have Charcot Marie Tooth MD? It's one that doesn't

show up strongly until late 20's or so. That's what my father had

and my brother has (he wears braces at age 39).

Mindy

>

> Three of my nephews " got " MD when they were young adults. I have

MS and I think my father may have had it as well. My two children

show signs of MS, although my son doesn't speak it out loud. He does

have " nerve " problems and has been dxed with Ulnar Palsy. But his

legs get cramps, tightness and spasms in them after he has been

working in the heat. He has used Lynn's Spasm Oil with great

success.

>

> love

> Sharon

>

> " Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life. " -Burton

Hills

>

>

>

>

> ....

Guest guest

Cassy~

It's called Polychondritis. I'm still trying to contact him. Looks like I'm gonna have to write another letter. The last time he went MIA, I ended up writing him a letter. The guy only lives about 45 minutes from me. LOL If I don't hear from him by the end of the week, I'm going to his house. He was in a lot of pain the last time I saw him. He made it out to be no big deal. But, now....I'm wondering.

Thank you for being so concerned, and I'll be sure to keep you informed.

Love, Val @};-

Re: I'm speechless!!Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD. Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician.....

Guest guest

Sharon~

Yes, he lives about 45 minutes from me. What makes me feel so badly is, I'm always telling him about MS. He never once mentioned that he had polychondritis. Not until last weekend. And then, he just mentioned in passing. That's why I made the joke..."Polly Can What?" I thought he was making a funny. Well, that's basically how he handles most things. The guy sees something good in everything.

God bless...Val @};-

Polychondritis.http://www.polychon dritis.com/

love,kate

-> n~> I think that's close, but it seems like he said polycon***. > Because, I said back to him, jokingly.... Polly can what? Then he > repeated it. But, by the time I got home, I'd forgotten it. I > should have written it down at the time.> Thanks though. I wish I could get a hold of him. He tells me he > wants me to help him find a girlfriend, then he makes himself > unattainable. Oh, brother....( literally)> Love and blessings... .Val @};-> Please visit: http://www.bicyclem an.com awesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!

Guest guest

I'm concerned as well...please let us know when you contact him. Hugs Akiba -- Re: I'm speechless!! Cassy~ It's called Polychondritis. I'm still trying to contact him. Looks like I'm gonna have to write another letter. The last time he went MIA, I ended up writing him a letter. The guy only lives about 45 minutes from me. LOL If I don't hear from him by the end of the week, I'm going to his house. He was in a lot of pain the last time I saw him. He made it out to be no big deal. But, now....I'm wondering. Thank you for being so concerned, and I'll be sure to keep you informed. Love, Val @};- Re: I'm speechless!!Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD. Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician.....