RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: I'm speechless!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Akyba,

I live about 35 min. south of Paw Paw. My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw this on the local news! They've been playing 911 calls about it, it blew out the tires on his wheelchair. That poor man!! YEEEESHHHH!!!!!!

Amy

Mich. Man in Wheelchair Takes Wild Ride

Email this StoryJun 7, 7:15 PM (ET)By JAMES PRICHARD

(AP) A 21-year-old Kalamazoo, Mich., man, unidentified by police, in this a motorized wheelchair, found...Full Image

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) - Ben Carpenter got the ride of a lifetime when his electric wheelchair became lodged in the grille of a semitrailer and was accidentally pushed down a highway for several miles at about 50 mph. His father, Carpenter, was incredulous when police called to tell him his 21-year-old son was OK after the wild ride.

"I said, 'What happened?'" Carpenter recalled Thursday.

He said his son had started to cross Wednesday afternoon at an intersection in Paw Paw, about 140 miles west of Detroit, where the truck had stopped for a red light. The light changed to green while Carpenter was still in front of the semi, which started moving forward.

The truck bumped into the side of the wheelchair, which then started turning forward, its handles becoming lodged in the grille, the father said. The wild ride had started.

"He's so low that the truck driver couldn't see him, and the truck headed out," he said.

The wheelchair, with Carpenter strapped in it, ended up being pushed by the truck as it sped down the Red Arrow Highway. Police said the wheelchair was pushed about four miles, but Carpenter said it was about half that.

Ben Carpenter said while all of this was going on, he seriously considered the possibility that he might not make it before the truck came to a complete halt.

"I was probably thinking that this is going to keep going and not stop anywhere, 50 or 60 miles somewhere," he told Grand Rapids television station WOOD.

"It was pretty scary," he told WDIV-TV of Detroit.

The bizarre sight caught the attention of motorists, many of whom called 911 on their cell phones. A pair of undercover police officers who happened to be driving in the opposite direction at the time saw what was happening, did a quick U-turn, followed the truck to its business and informed the disbelieving driver, Carpenter said.

His son escaped injury.

"He's fine," Carpenter said. "Not a scratch. He was basically just scared."

Ben Carpenter, who has muscular dystrophy, lives with his parents in nearby Kalamazoo. He had gone to Paw Paw to ride on a trail with a medical aide who was on a bicycle, his father said.

The aide had fallen slightly behind Carpenter by the time he was crossing the intersection and, because of the angle, didn't see him being pushed down the road. She had no idea what had happened to him.

"She was frantic and then a driver at the intersection started honking his horn and said he's attached to the front of the truck," Carpenter said. The aide then used her cell phone to call for help.

The father said being pushed down the road by the truck burned most of the rubber off the tires of the wheelchair, but otherwise didn't damage it. The tires were rep! laced Th ursday morning, in time for his son to use the wheelchair this weekend at a muscular dystrophy camp.

"It's a very bad story that ended very well," he said. "We're just thrilled that he's still around."

See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

It's *amazing* that he's Ok! Someone's guardian angels were working overtime!Akiba -- Re: I'm speechless!! Akyba, I live about 35 min. south of Paw Paw. My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw this on the local news! They've been playing 911 calls about it, it blew out the tires on his wheelchair. That poor man!! YEEEESHHHH!!!!!! Amy Mich. Man in Wheelchair Takes Wild Ride Email this StoryJun 7, 7:15 PM (ET)By JAMES PRICHARD (AP) A 21-year-old Kalamazoo, Mich., man, unidentified by police, in this a motorized wheelchair, found...Full Image GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) - Ben Carpenter got the ride of a lifetime when his electric wheelchair became lodged in the grille of a semitrailer and was accidentally pushed down a highway for several miles at about 50 mph. His father, Carpenter, was incredulous when police called to tell him his 21-year-old son was OK after the wild ride. "I said, 'What happened?'" Carpenter recalled Thursday. He said his son had started to cross Wednesday afternoon at an intersection in Paw Paw, about 140 miles west of Detroit, where the truck had stopped for a red light. The light changed to green while Carpenter was still in front of the semi, which started moving forward. The truck bumped into the side of the wheelchair, which then started turning forward, its handles becoming lodged in the grille, the father said. The wild ride had started. "He's so low that the truck driver couldn't see him, and the truck headed out," he said. The wheelchair, with Carpenter strapped in it, ended up being pushed by the truck as it sped down the Red Arrow Highway. Police said the wheelchair was pushed about four miles, but Carpenter said it was about half that. Ben Carpenter said while all of this was going on, he seriously considered the possibility that he might not make it before the truck came to a complete halt. "I was probably thinking that this is going to keep going and not stop anywhere, 50 or 60 miles somewhere," he told Grand Rapids television station WOOD. "It was pretty scary," he told WDIV-TV of Detroit. The bizarre sight caught the attention of motorists, many of whom called 911 on their cell phones. A pair of undercover police officers who happened to be driving in the opposite direction at the time saw what was happening, did a quick U-turn, followed the truck to its business and informed the disbelieving driver, Carpenter said. His son escaped injury. "He's fine," Carpenter said. "Not a scratch. He was basically just scared." Ben Carpenter, who has muscular dystrophy, lives with his parents in nearby Kalamazoo. He had gone to Paw Paw to ride on a trail with a medical aide who was on a bicycle, his father said. The aide had fallen slightly behind Carpenter by the time he was crossing the intersection and, because of the angle, didn't see him being pushed down the road. She had no idea what had happened to him. "She was frantic and then a driver at the intersection started honking his horn and said he's attached to the front of the truck," Carpenter said. The aide then used her cell phone to call for help. The father said being pushed down the road by the truck burned most of the rubber off the tires of the wheelchair, but otherwise didn't damage it. The tires were rep! laced Th ursday morning, in time for his son to use the wheelchair this weekend at a muscular dystrophy camp. "It's a very bad story that ended very well," he said. "We're just thrilled that he's still around." See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.

Bill

I'm speechless!!

(AP) A 21-year-old Kalamazoo, Mich., man, unidentified by police, in this a motorized wheelchair, found...Full Image

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) - Ben Carpenter got the ride of a lifetime when his electric wheelchair became lodged in the grille of a semitrailer and was accidentally pushed down a highway for several miles at about 50 mph. His father, Carpenter, was incredulous when police called to tell him his 21-year-old son was OK after the wild ride.

He said his son had started to cross Wednesday afternoon at an intersection in Paw Paw, about 140 miles west of Detroit, where the truck had stopped for a red light. The light changed to green while Carpenter was still in front of the semi, which started moving forward.

The truck bumped into the side of the wheelchair, which then started turning forward, its handles becoming lodged in the grille, the father said. The wild ride had started.

"He's so low that the truck driver couldn't see him, and the truck headed out," he said.

The wheelchair, with Carpenter strapped in it, ended up being pushed by the truck as it sped down the Red Arrow Highway. Police said the wheelchair was pushed about four miles, but Carpenter said it was about half that.

Ben Carpenter said while all of this was going on, he seriously considered the possibility that he might not make it before the truck came to a complete halt.

"I was probably thinking that this is going to keep going and not stop anywhere, 50 or 60 miles somewhere," he told Grand Rapids television station WOOD.

The bizarre sight caught the attention of motorists, many of whom called 911 on their cell phones. A pair of undercover police officers who happened to be driving in the opposite direction at the time saw what was happening, did a quick U-turn, followed the truck to its business and informed the disbelieving driver, Carpenter said.

His son escaped injury.

Ben Carpenter, who has muscular dystrophy, lives with his parents in nearby Kalamazoo. He had gone to Paw Paw to ride on a trail with a medical aide who was on a bicycle, his father said.

The aide had fallen slightly behind Carpenter by the time he was crossing the intersection and, because of the angle, didn't see him being pushed down the road. She had no idea what had happened to him.

"She was frantic and then a driver at the intersection started honking his horn and said he's attached to the front of the truck," Carpenter said. The aide then used her cell phone to call for help.

The father said being pushed down the road by the truck burned most of the rubber off the tires of the wheelchair, but otherwise didn't damage it. The tires were replaced Thursday morning, in time for his son to use the wheelchair this weekend at a muscular dystrophy camp.

"It's a very bad story that ended very well," he said. "We're just thrilled that he's still around."

Guest guest

Akiba~

I was listening to this story on the radio this morning. All through the radio announcer's announcement, I half way expected him to report the man being so traumatized. I was surprised when the man merely said, "That was one H--- of a ride!" (I'm just repeating what the newscaster said.)

Love, Val

I'm speechless!!

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) - Ben Carpenter got the ride of a lifetime when his electric wheelchair became lodged in the grille of a semitrailer and was accidentally pushed down a highway for several miles at about 50 mph. His father, Carpenter, was incredulous when police called to tell him his 21-year-ldson was OK after the wild ride.

The bizarre sight caught the attention of motorists, many of whom called 911 on their cell phones. A pair of undercover police officers who happened to be driving in the opposite direction at the time saw what was happening, did a quick U-urn,followed the truck to its business and informed the disbelieving driver, Carpenter said.

His son escaped injury.

The father said being pushed down the road by the truck burned most of the rubber off the tires of the wheelchair, but otherwise didn't damage it. The tires were replace Thurday morning, in time for his son to use the wheelchair this weekend at a muscular dystrophy camp.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.11/837 - Release Date: 6/6/07 2:03 PM

Guest guest

I saw that in the news yesterday morning as well. What an odd story!Sharon My goal is to live up to my new quote: "Worry looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up." I'm speechless!!

Mich. Man in Wheelchair Takes Wild Ride Email this StoryJun 7, 7:15 PM (ET)By JAMES PRICHARD (AP) A 21-year-old Kalamazoo, Mich., man, unidentified by police, in this a motorized wheelchair, found...Full Image GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) - Ben Carpenter got the ride of a lifetime when his electric

wheelchair became lodged in the grille of a semitrailer and was accidentally pushed down a highway for several miles at about 50 mph. His father, Carpenter, was incredulous when police called to tell him his 21-year-old son was OK after the wild ride. "I said, 'What happened?'" Carpenter recalled Thursday. He said his son had started to cross Wednesday afternoon at an intersection in Paw Paw, about 140 miles west of Detroit, where the truck had stopped for a red light. The light changed to green while Carpenter was still in front of the semi, which started moving forward. The truck bumped into the side of the wheelchair, which then started turning forward, its handles becoming lodged in the grille, the father said. The wild ride had started. "He's so low that the truck driver couldn't see him, and the truck headed out," he said. The wheelchair, with Carpenter strapped in it, ended up being pushed by the truck as it sped down the Red Arrow Highway. Police said the wheelchair was pushed about four miles, but Carpenter said it was about half that. Ben Carpenter said while all of this was going on, he seriously considered the possibility that he might not make it before the truck came to a complete halt. "I was probably thinking that this is going to keep going and not stop anywhere, 50 or 60 miles somewhere," he told Grand Rapids

television station WOOD. "It was pretty scary," he told WDIV-TV of Detroit. The bizarre sight caught the attention of motorists, many of whom called 911 on their cell phones. A pair of undercover police officers who happened to be driving in the opposite direction at the time saw what was happening, did a quick U-turn, followed the truck to its business and informed the disbelieving driver, Carpenter said. His son escaped injury. "He's fine," Carpenter said. "Not a scratch. He was basically just scared." Ben Carpenter, who has muscular dystrophy, lives with his parents in nearby Kalamazoo. He had gone to Paw Paw to ride on a trail with a medical aide who was on a bicycle, his father said. The aide had fallen slightly behind Carpenter by the time he was crossing the intersection and, because of the angle, didn't see him being pushed down the road. She had no idea what had happened to him. "She was frantic

and then a driver at the intersection started honking his horn and said he's attached to the front of the truck," Carpenter said. The aide then used her cell phone to call for help. The father said being pushed down the road by the truck burned most of the rubber off the tires of the wheelchair, but otherwise didn't damage it. The tires were replaced Thursday morning, in time for his son to use the wheelchair this weekend at a muscular dystrophy camp. "It's a very bad story that ended very well," he said. "We're just thrilled that he's still around."

Guest guest

COMICAL ????? How about next time I need a laugh, we strap you to the front of a semi and see if you live or not - either way it'll be 'comical'

a Coon

www.farmfreshsoapsandcandles.com

farmfresahsoapsandcandles@...

That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.

Bill

Guest guest

When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a SUPPORT groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this list to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know how comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!

a Coon

Bill

Guest guest

Lighten up a............Bill has done more to help folks in this group tan can be measured. I am in a power chair and He certainly meant or did no harm. It was news and fortunately no one got hurt. It was somewhat comical..........how could it not be ?

Regards,

Tom

Bill

Guest guest

a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe. It would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news this morning telling what had happened.

My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am sorry But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the first day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry.

Bill

Bill

Guest guest

Bill, I for one would really miss you if you left the group. This group is like family to me. Happy to see you're staying.BlessingsChuckMS-Bill wrote: a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe. It would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news this morning telling what had happened. My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am sorry But I don't plan to

leave the group. I have been here since the first day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. Bill Re: I'm speechless!! That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels. Bill Love and friendship builds a bridge that spans forever.c.f.s.

Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows.Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Guest guest

where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??

a Coon

a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe. It would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news this morning telling what had happened.

My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am sorry But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the first day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry.

Bill

When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a SUPPORT groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this list to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know how comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!

a Coon

farmfresahsoapsandcandlesearthlink (DOT) net

Bill

Guest guest

a,

Bill is not an unkind person. He is not a malicious type man, but very caring. I too found it comical. Why? Because this sort of thing is the type of thing that would happen to me. NOT because I think it is funny he was scared or that it was dangerous. Maybe we just can't laugh at anything anymore huh?

Hugs, Trista~~~~~~~~~~~And he said unto me, MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR THEE;FOR MY STRENGTH IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS.

COMICAL ????? How about next time I need a laugh, we strap you to the front of a semi and see if you live or not - either way it'll be 'comical'

a Coon

farmfresahsoapsandcandlesearthlink (DOT) net

Bill

Guest guest

I didn't find it "comical" I found it miraculous. I think it is astonishing that he went through that without bring harmed, a true miracle in these days where they seem so scarce. Akiba -- Re: I'm speechless!! When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a SUPPORT groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this list to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know how comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!! a Coon www.farmfreshsoapsandcandles.com farmfresahsoapsandcandlesearthlink (DOT) net Re: I'm speechless!! That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels. Bill

Guest guest

Yes, it was a miracle.

Hugs, Trista~~~~~~~~~~~And he said unto me, MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR THEE;FOR MY STRENGTH IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS.

Bill

Guest guest

Not that I want to chime in and cause commotion (of course I will)!

But while it wasn't " funny " in the literal sense of the word. I have

to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply because

of " fate " . To be in that position at that very moment...those are

odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the poor guy

was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm sure

he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come.

But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in a

wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was " wow, my

dad would have had fun on that ride " . He would have talked (bragged)

about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see things

differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our opinions.

People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and in so

much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also never

took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.

Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..

Mindy

>

> where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??

>

> a Coon

> www.farmfreshsoapsandcandles.com

> farmfresahsoapsandcandles@...

>

>

>

>

> a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe. It

would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news

this morning telling what had happened.

> My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am sorry

But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the first

day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good

friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry.

> Bill

>

>

> When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a SUPPORT

groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this list

to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously

Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know how

comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who

witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!

>

> a Coon

>

>

>

>

>

> That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not

get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.

> Bill

>

Guest guest

I went to Youtube and watched a news story on him, they even had him talking about it. He went through a lot. It was a scary moment for him. He is very lucky he wasn't hurt badly.

Ride of a lifetime in a wheelchair02:47

Bill

Not that I want to chime in and cause commotion (of course I will)! But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. I have to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply because of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those are odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the poor guy was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm sure he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in a wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was "wow, my dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked (bragged) about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see things differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our opinions. People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and in so much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also never took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..Mindy>> where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > a Coon> www.farmfreshsoapsandcandles.com> farmfresahsoapsandcandles@...> > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe. It would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news this morning telling what had happened. > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am sorry But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the first day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > Bill> > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a SUPPORT groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this list to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know how comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > a Coon> www.farmfreshsoapsandcandles.com> farmfresahsoapsandcandles@...> > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> Bill>

Guest guest

Mindy.I wont chime in on the other aspects,dont wanna say the wrong thing and

make anyone upset.But I think the way your dad and you take life is awesome.I am

the same way,im very ill but I make humor out of my situation on some things.It

is a break the ice type of thing.If we take life to seriously we will get caught

up in the depressing ways it can cause.Sure I get down in the dumps but I never

let my illness take away the sense of humor in me.Life has got to be a fun ride

otherwise whats there left?a miserable one?ugh.Im not goin down that route.lol.I

see all pionts to this conversation,im not judging or taking sides im jus saying

that your dad had the perfect attitude about life and im glad he passed those

traits along to you.I want to be that way with my children and to be known that

way when im no longer here.Luv ya, cassy

[mindythorn@...] wrote:

Not that I want to chime in and cause commotion (of course I will)!

But while it wasn't " funny " in the literal sense of the word. I have

to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply because

of " fate " . To be in that position at that very moment...those are

odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the poor guy

was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm sure

he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come.

But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in a

wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was " wow, my

dad would have had fun on that ride " . He would have talked (bragged)

about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see things

differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our opinions.

People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and in so

much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also never

took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.

Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..

Mindy

>

> where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??

>

> a Coon

>

>

>

>

> a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe. It

would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news

this morning telling what had happened.

> My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am sorry

But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the first

day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good

friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry.

> Bill

>

>

> When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a SUPPORT

groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this list

to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously

Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know how

comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who

witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!

>

> a Coon

>

>

>

>

>

> That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not

get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.

> Bill

>

Guest guest

SCORE!!!

GBU...Val

Not that I want to chime in and cause commotion (of course I will)! But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. I have to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply because of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those are odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the poor guy was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm sure he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in a wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was "wow, my dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked (bragged) about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see things differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our opinions. People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and in so much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also never took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..Mindy>> where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > a Coon> www.farmfreshsoapsandcandles.com> farmfresahsoapsandcandles@...> > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe. It would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news this morning telling what had happened. > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am sorry But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the first day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > Bill> > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a SUPPORT groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this list to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know how comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > a Coon> www.farmfreshsoapsandcandles.com> farmfresahsoapsandcandles@...> > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> Bill>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.11/838 - Release Date: 6/7/07 2:21 PM

Guest guest

-Thanks Cassy. My dad's life was short (he had MD and died at 52)

but he taught his kids to grin and bear life. He was not without his

own problems and demons but often when I meet someone new and they

have a poor attitude about their MS or their life in general, I

always thank " God " that he gave me the parents and the influence that

I had been given.

- In MSersLife , cassandra workmn

wrote:

>

> Mindy.I wont chime in on the other aspects,dont wanna say the wrong

thing and make anyone upset.But I think the way your dad and you take

life is awesome.I am the same way,im very ill but I make humor out of

my situation on some things.It is a break the ice type of thing.If we

take life to seriously we will get caught up in the depressing ways

it can cause.Sure I get down in the dumps but I never let my illness

take away the sense of humor in me.Life has got to be a fun ride

otherwise whats there left?a miserable one?ugh.Im not goin down that

route.lol.I see all pionts to this conversation,im not judging or

taking sides im jus saying that your dad had the perfect attitude

about life and im glad he passed those traits along to you.I want to

be that way with my children and to be known that way when im no

longer here.Luv ya, cassy

>

> [mindythorn@...] wrote:

> Not that I want to chime in and cause commotion (of course I

will)!

> But while it wasn't " funny " in the literal sense of the word. I

have

> to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply because

> of " fate " . To be in that position at that very moment...those are

> odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the poor

guy

> was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm

sure

> he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come.

>

> But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in a

> wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was " wow,

my

> dad would have had fun on that ride " . He would have talked

(bragged)

> about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see things

> differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our opinions.

> People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and in

so

> much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also never

> took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.

>

> Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..

> Mindy

>

>

> >

> > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??

> >

> > a Coon

> > www.farmfreshsoapsandcandles.com

> > farmfresahsoapsandcandles@

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe.

It

> would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news

> this morning telling what had happened.

> > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am

sorry

> But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the

first

> day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good

> friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry.

> > Bill

> >

> >

> > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a

SUPPORT

> groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this

list

> to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously

> Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know

how

> comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who

> witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!

> >

> > a Coon

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did

not

> get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.

> > Bill

> >

>

Guest guest

Mindy, I also think that you have a great attitude. Your dad too. If you can not take life too seriously all the time, the ride is a lot more fun. I am one that is usually the uptight type, but I'm learning to loosen up a bit. Life is a whole lot easier when you have a good attitude and can laugh at things.

-Thanks Cassy. My dad's life was short (he had MD and died at 52) but he taught his kids to grin and bear life. He was not without his own problems and demons but often when I meet someone new and they have a poor attitude about their MS or their life in general, I always thank "God" that he gave me the parents and the influence that I had been given.- In MSersLife , cassandra workmn wrote:>> Mindy.I wont chime in on the other aspects,dont wanna say the wrong thing and make anyone upset.But I think the way your dad and you take life is awesome.I am the same way,im very ill but I make humor out of my situation on some things.It is a break the ice type of thing.If we take life to seriously we will get caught up in the depressing ways it can cause.Sure I get down in the dumps but I never let my illness take away the sense of humor in me.Life has got to be a fun ride otherwise whats there left?a miserable one?ugh.Im not goin down that route.lol.I see all pionts to this conversation,im not judging or taking sides im jus saying that your dad had the perfect attitude about life and im glad he passed those traits along to you.I want to be that way with my children and to be known that way when im no longer here.Luv ya, cassy> > [mindythorn@...] wrote:> Not that I want to chime in and cause commotion (of course I will)! > But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. I have > to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply because > of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those are > odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the poor guy > was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm sure > he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. > > But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in a > wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was "wow, my > dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked (bragged) > about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see things > differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our opinions. > People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and in so > much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also never > took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.> > Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..> Mindy> > > >> > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsandcandles.com> > farmfresahsoapsandcandles@> > > > > > > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe. It > would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news > this morning telling what had happened. > > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am sorry > But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the first > day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good > friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > > Bill> > > > > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a SUPPORT > groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this list > to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously > Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know how > comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who > witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsandcandles.com> > farmfresahsoapsandcandles@> > > > > > > > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not > get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> > Bill> >>

Guest guest

Im so sorry you lost your dad.He was so young.Im sure he was a light in a dark

room just as you are.I always try to find the positive in the negative even if

we dont think there is one there always is.Sometimes we just gotta give it a

good push.Im trying this with my fiance.I just dont know what the hell to do

about this one! Ugh.I hate when that happens.lol.Im praying and praying and I

think god is holding my hand now walking me through.Lots of luv,cassy

[mindythorn@...] wrote:

always thank " God " that he gave me the parents and the influence that

I had been given.

- In MSersLife , cassandra workmn

wrote:

>

route.lol.I see all pionts to this conversation,im not judging or

>

> [mindythorn@...] wrote:

will)!

> But while it wasn't " funny " in the literal sense of the word. I

have

> of " fate " . To be in that position at that very moment...those are

guy

sure

>

> wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was " wow,

my

> dad would have had fun on that ride " . He would have talked

(bragged)

so

>

> Mindy

>

>

> >

> >

> > a Coon

> >

> >

> >

> >

It

sorry

> But I don't plan to....

Guest guest

Bill isn't going anywhere! If he even tries we'll all just hunt him down and drag him back!hugs))Sharon My goal is to live up to my new quote: "Worry looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Re: I'm speechless!! That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels. Bill Love and friendship builds a bridge that spans forever.c.f.s. Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows.Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

Guest guest

What a great take on things Mindy. It sounds like your Dad was a great inspiration! My 44 y/o nephew has been in a wheelchair for years due to Muscular Dystrophy. He has a fancy, souped-up electric wheelchair with shocks (for going over curbs) and he loves doing wheelies in that chair. We were at the park with him last week and all the kids in the park wanted to play with Greg. He is a real inspiration and so is his wife. They have raised 2 wonderful young women.And you are right in that it wasn't funny that it happened to this guy but funny in the way of what fate sends our way. He'll never forget it, will he? And will he be really, really careful when he's crossing the street? Maybe not cross when there's a semi coming? lol (That's a JOKE to

anyone who might be offended--just an attempt at being light hearted.) Sharon "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life." -Burton Hills Re: I'm speechless!! Not that I want to chime in and cause commotion (of course I will)! But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. I have to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply because of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those are odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the poor guy was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm sure he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in a wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was "wow, my dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked (bragged) about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see things

differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our opinions. People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and in so much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also never took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair. Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha.. Mindy > > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ?? > > a Coon > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. . > > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe. It would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news this morning telling what had happened. > My statements

are never to offend anyone in this group. I am sorry But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the first day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > Bill > > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a SUPPORT groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this list to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know how comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!! > > a Coon > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. . > > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not get hurt. He is a famous guy on all

the news channels. > Bill >

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.

Guest guest

Oh! Your dad had MD. I just wrote to you about my nephew with MD. Thanks for sharing your outlook on life. Sharon "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life." -Burton Hills Re: I'm speechless!!

always thank "God" that he gave me the parents and the influence that

I had been given.

- In MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.com, cassandra workmn <payngabby72@ ...>

wrote:

>

route.lol.I see all pionts to this conversation, im not judging or

>

> [mindythorn@ ...] wrote:

will)!

> But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. I

have

> of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those are

guy

sure

>

> wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was "wow,

my

> dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked

(bragged)

so

>

> Mindy

>

>

> >

> >

> > a Coon

> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com

> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@

> >

> >

> >

> >

It

sorry

> But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the

first

> day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good

> friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry.

> > Bill

> >

> >

> > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a

SUPPORT

> groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this

list

> to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously

> Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know

how

> comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who

> witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!

> >

> > a Coon

> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com

> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did

not

> get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.

> > Bill

> >

>

Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.

Guest guest

I would do anything that I am physically, conitively and spiritually able to

do, to get a NEW electric wheelchair out of MEDICARE! (not a political

statement, just something that all insurances are more conservative

about now). Courage to your nephew, Sharon--may survive and thrive!

Love to all on our list; we DO live very interesting lives, individually,

and, as in this group, collectively, love to you all,

n Rojas5915@...

Not that I want to chime in and cause commotion (of course I will)! But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. I have to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply because of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those are odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the poor guy was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm sure he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in a wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was "wow, my dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked (bragged) about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see things differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our opinions. People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and in so much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also never took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..Mindy>> where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > a Coon> www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe. It would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news this morning telling what had happened. > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am sorry But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the first day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > Bill> > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a SUPPORT groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this list to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know how comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > a Coon> www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> Bill>

Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.