RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: I'm speechless!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sharon~I was also thinking as I read this post from you that this incident/accident/trauma this dear man went through highlights the importance to everyone--especially those in scooters and wheelchairs--the dangers that lurk out there! Like, who would have, could have even imagined something this bizarre could actually take place? It also can serve--especially for this man--how very precious life is--not that he didn't already know that. I feel these near death experiences are almost like being tapped on the shoulder to be reminded to savor, enjoy and treasure each special moment and day on this earth. And YOU, of all people, can relate to that! In light of your car accident...

God bless your nephew. ~blessings all, kate> What a great take on things Mindy. It sounds like your Dad was > a great inspiration! My 44 y/o nephew has been in a wheelchair > for years due to Muscular Dystrophy. He has a fancy, souped-up > electric wheelchair with shocks (for going over curbs) and he > loves doing wheelies in that chair. We were at the park with > him last week and all the kids in the park wanted to play with > Greg. He is a real inspiration and so is his wife. They have > raised 2 wonderful young women.> > And you are right in that it wasn't funny that it happened to > this guy but funny in the way of what fate sends our way. He'll > never forget it, will he? And will he be really, really careful > when he's crossing the street? Maybe not cross when there's a > semi coming? lol (That's a JOKE to anyone who might be > offended--just an attempt at being light hearted.) > > Sharon> > "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life." -> Burton Hills> > > > > Re: I'm speechless!!> > Not that I want to chime in and > cause commotion (of course I will)! > But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. > I have > to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply > because > of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those > are > odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the > poor guy > was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm > sure > he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. > > But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in > a > wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was > "wow, my > dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked > (bragged) > about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see > things > differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our > opinions. > People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and > in so > much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also > never > took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.> > Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..> Mindy> > > >> > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was > safe. It > would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox > news > this morning telling what had happened. > > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am > sorry > But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the > first > day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good > friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > > Bill> > > > > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a > SUPPORT > groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this > list > to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. > Obviously > Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would > know how > comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who > witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he > did not > get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> > Bill> >> > > >

Attachment: vcard [not shown]

Guest guest

I always just wonder just how many diseases, essentially caused by

INFLAMMATION we do have amongst our own families. I would love

to know. In our own clan, I have near relatives with Muscular Dystrophy,

Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica (rheumatism of

many muscles), and Temporal Arteritis (inflamation of the arteries and

the veins, as evinced by prominent blue veins in the temples. Why

does not some amazying foundation just fund a way to look at all these

diseases and look at their genomes, mutations, etc. Dreaming again--

got to get to the first evening event of my granddaughter's great cele

bration--at age 13, yet!

P.S. my father had MS; one of HIS brothers did as well! Love,

n Rojas5915@...

-Thanks Cassy. My dad's life was short (he had MD and died at 52) but he taught his kids to grin and bear life. He was not without his own problems and demons but often when I meet someone new and they have a poor attitude about their MS or their life in general, I always thank "God" that he gave me the parents and the influence that I had been given.- In MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.com, cassandra workmn <payngabby72@ ...> wrote:>> Mindy.I wont chime in on the other aspects,dont wanna say the wrong thing and make anyone upset.But I think the way your dad and you take life is awesome.I am the same way,im very ill but I make humor out of my situation on some things.It is a break the ice type of thing.If we take life to seriously we will get caught up in the depressing ways it can cause.Sure I get down in the dumps but I never let my illness take away the sense of humor in me.Life has got to be a fun ride otherwise whats there left?a miserable one?ugh.Im not goin down that route.lol.I see all pionts to this conversation, im not judging or taking sides im jus saying that your dad had the perfect attitude about life and im glad he passed those traits along to you.I want to be that way with my children and to be known that way when im no longer here.Luv ya, cassy> > [mindythorn@ ...] wrote:> Not that I want to chime in and cause commotion (of course I will)! > But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. I have > to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply because > of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those are > odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the poor guy > was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm sure > he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. > > But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in a > wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was "wow, my > dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked (bragged) > about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see things > differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our opinions. > People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and in so > much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also never > took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.> > Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..> Mindy> > > >> > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@> > > > > > > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe. It > would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news > this morning telling what had happened. > > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am sorry > But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the first > day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good > friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > > Bill> > > > > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a SUPPORT > groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this list > to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously > Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know how > comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who > witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@> > > > > > > > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not > get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> > Bill> >>

Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.

Guest guest

When I use my electric wheelchair, and I have to at my local pharmacy,

as they do not YET have any electeric carts, if I am on the sidewalk or

crossing in crosswalks at all, I have this cute little pole with two flags:

a brightly coloured one for daytime, and a WHITE one for nightime.

The flags have definitely saved my life; my brother, , also bought

me a very loud "squeeze horn!" Love,

n Rojas5915@...

Re: I'm speechless!!> > Not that I want to chime in and > cause commotion (of course I will)! > But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. > I have > to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply > because > of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those > are > odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the > poor guy > was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm > sure > he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. > > But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in > a > wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was > "wow, my > dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked > (bragged) > about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see > things > differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our > opinions. > People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and > in so > much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also > never > took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.> > Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..> Mindy> > > >> > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was > safe. It > would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox > news > this morning telling what had happened. > > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am > sorry > But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the > first > day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good > friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > > Bill> > > > > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a > SUPPORT > groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this > list > to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. > Obviously > Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would > know how > comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who > witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he > did not > get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> > Bill> >> > > >

Guest guest

I think universities would study my family if I lived close to one.

Let's see both my father and my brother have Charocot Marie Tooth (a

form of MD), my father's sister died at 46 from systemic lupus, my

father's other sister has " white matter disease " in other words,

undiagnosed MS (in my opinion) and my father's grandmother had MS.

I always joke that my father's family must have grown up in a nucluer

waste dump.

Mindy

> > >

> > > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??

> > >

> > > a Coon

> > > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com

> > > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was

safe.

> It

> > would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox

news

> > this morning telling what had happened.

> > > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am

> sorry

> > But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the

> first

> > day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good

> > friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry.

> > > Bill

> > >

> > >

> > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a

> SUPPORT

> > groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this

> list

> > to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'.

Obviously

> > Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would

know

> how

> > comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who

> > witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!

> > >

> > > a Coon

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he

did

> not

> > get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.

> > > Bill

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> --------------------------------------------------------------------

----------

> Bored stiff? Loosen up...

> Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.

>

Guest guest

Three of my nephews "got" MD when they were young adults. I have MS and I think my father may have had it as well. My two children show signs of MS, although my son doesn't speak it out loud. He does have "nerve" problems and has been dxed with Ulnar Palsy. But his legs get cramps, tightness and spasms in them after he has been working in the heat. He has used Lynn's Spasm Oil with great success. loveSharon "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life." -Burton

Hills Re: I'm speechless!! -Thanks Cassy. My dad's life was short (he had MD and died at 52) but he taught his kids to grin and bear life. He was not without his own problems and demons but often when I meet someone new and they have a poor attitude about their MS or their life in

general, I always thank "God" that he gave me the parents and the influence that I had been given.- In MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.com, cassandra workmn <payngabby72@ ...> wrote:>> Mindy.I wont chime in on the other aspects,dont wanna say the wrong thing and make anyone upset.But I think the way your dad and you take life is awesome.I am the same way,im very ill but I make humor out of my situation on some things.It is a break the ice type of thing.If we take life to seriously we will get caught up in the depressing ways it can cause.Sure I get down in the dumps but I never let my illness take away the sense of humor in me.Life has got to be a fun ride otherwise whats there left?a miserable one?ugh.Im not goin down that route.lol.I see all pionts to this conversation, im not judging or taking sides im jus saying that your dad had the perfect attitude about life and im glad he passed those traits along to you.I want to be that way with my children and to be known that way when im no longer here.Luv ya, cassy> > [mindythorn@ ...] wrote:> Not that I want to chime in and cause commotion (of course I will)! > But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. I have > to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply because > of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those are > odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the poor guy > was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm sure > he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. > > But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in a > wheelchair and when I read that

story, my first thought was "wow, my > dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked (bragged) > about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see things > differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our opinions. > People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and in so > much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also never > took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.> > Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..> Mindy> > > >> > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com>

> farmfresahsoapsandc andles@> > > > > > > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe. It > would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news > this morning telling what had happened. > > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am sorry > But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the first > day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good > friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > > Bill> > > > > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a SUPPORT > groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this list > to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously > Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know

how > comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who > witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@> > > > > > > > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not > get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> > Bill> >> Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.

Don't be flakey. Get Yahoo! Mail for Mobile and always stay connected to friends.

Guest guest

Sharon,

Do your nephews have Charcot Marie Tooth MD? It's one that doesn't

show up strongly until late 20's or so. That's what my father had

and my brother has (he wears braces at age 39).

Mindy

> > >

> > > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??

> > >

> > > a Coon

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was

safe.

> It

> > would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox

news

> > this morning telling what had happened.

> > > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am

> sorry

> > But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since

the

> first

> > day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good

> > friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry.

> > > Bill

> > >

> > >

> > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a

> SUPPORT

> > groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join

this

> list

> > to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'.

Obviously

> > Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would

know

> how

> > comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who

> > witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!

> > >

> > > a Coon

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he

did

> not

> > get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.

> > > Bill

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Bored stiff? Loosen up...

> Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.

>

>

> <!-- #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-

family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;} #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-

size:inherit;font:100%;} #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea

{font:99% arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;} #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code

{font:115% monospace;} #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;} #ygrp-text

{ font-family:Georgia; } #ygrp-text p{ margin:0 0 1em 0;} #ygrp-tpmsgs

{ font-family:Arial; clear:both;} #ygrp-vitnav{ padding-top:10px;font-

family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;} #ygrp-vitnav a{ padding:0

1px;} #ygrp-actbar{ clear:both;margin:25px 0;white-

space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;} #ygrp-actbar .left{

float:left;white-space:nowrap;} .bld{font-weight:bold;} #ygrp-grft{

font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;} #ygrp-ft{ font-

family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666; padding:5px

0; } #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{ padding-bottom:10px;} #ygrp-vital{

background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}

#ygrp-vital

> #vithd{ font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-

weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:uppercase;} #ygrp-vital ul{

padding:0;margin:2px 0;} #ygrp-vital ul li{ list-style-

type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee; } #ygrp-vital ul li .ct

{ font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-

align:right;padding-right:.5em;} #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{ font-

weight:bold;} #ygrp-vital a { text-decoration:none;} #ygrp-vital

a:hover{ text-decoration:underline;} #ygrp-sponsor #hd{

color:#999;font-size:77%;} #ygrp-sponsor #ov{ padding:6px

13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;} #ygrp-sponsor #ov

ul{ padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;} #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{ list-style-

type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;} #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{

text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;} #ygrp-sponsor #nc { background-

color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;} #ygrp-sponsor .ad{

padding:8px 0;} #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{

> font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-

size:100%;line-height:122%;} #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{ text-

decoration:none;} #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{ text-

decoration:underline;} #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{ margin:0;} o {font-

size:0;} .MsoNormal { margin:0 0 0 0;} #ygrp-text tt{ font-

size:120%;} blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;} .replbq {margin:4;} -->

>

>

>

>

>

>

> You snooze, you lose. Get messages ASAP with AutoCheck

> in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

> http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/newmail_html.html

>

Guest guest

Kate-- I can relate. I know the feeling of having my life spared....being brought back from death's door. Can you even imagine being pushed in his wheelchair at 50 miles an hour??? He must feel like the luckiest man alive. He is definitely meant to be on this earth!hugs))Sharon "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life." -Burton Hills Re: I'm speechless!!> > Not that I want to chime in and > cause commotion (of course I will)! > But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. > I have > to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply >

because > of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those > are > odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the > poor guy > was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm > sure > he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. > > But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in > a > wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was > "wow, my > dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked > (bragged) > about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see > things > differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our > opinions. > People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and > in so > much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also > never > took life as anything but a fun

ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.> > Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..> Mindy> > > >> > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was > safe. It > would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox > news > this morning telling what had happened. > > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am > sorry > But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the > first > day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good > friends.Word can hurt

so I am sorry. > > Bill> > > > > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a > SUPPORT > groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this > list > to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. > Obviously > Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would > know how > comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who > witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he > did not > get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> > Bill> >> > > >

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

My nephew is fortunate that he doesn't have just Medicare. (stupid medicare) Greg was in the Air Force when MD started showing up in him. One of the signs of MD is enlarged calves, which Greg had when he joined the Air Force. They knew about the enlarged calves because his were way over the limit (they have a standard size :) and the head of the AF had to approve him to join. He even had to have special boots to fit his calves. So the reasoning is the AF should have know that was a sign of something wrong but they didn't catch it. His symptoms of MD started after he was in the AF so he got a full service disability. His wife works for a huge university in Utah and she has good insurance, too. I don't know which insurance paid for his wheelchair but he still had to fight for

it. He got one with shocks because the jolt from going over curbs was causing problems with his kidneys. That was a long boring explanation of how Greg got his wheelchair, wasn't it? Greg is such a plucky guy. Very upbeat and strong. He is having heart problems associated with MD along with other internal organ problems.Sharon "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life." -Burton Hills Re: I'm speechless!! Not that I want to chime in and cause commotion (of course I will)! But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. I have to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply because of "fate". To be in that position at that very

moment...those are odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the poor guy was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm sure he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in a wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was "wow, my dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked (bragged) about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see things differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our opinions. People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and in so much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also never took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..Mindy>> where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > a Coon> www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe. It would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news this morning telling what had happened. > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am sorry But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the first day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > Bill> > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a SUPPORT groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT

join this list to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know how comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > a Coon> www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> Bill> Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Guest guest

ROFLMHO!!! That's not funny.....Yes it is. But, it's not good that your family has been through so much. And you all can still smile.

Great outlook on life.

Love and blessings...Val @};-

I think universities would study my family if I lived close to one. Let's see both my father and my brother have Charocot Marie Tooth (a form of MD), my father's sister died at 46 from systemic lupus, my father's other sister has "white matter disease" in other words, undiagnosed MS (in my opinion) and my father's grandmother had MS. I always joke that my father's family must have grown up in a nucluer waste dump. Mindy> > >> > > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > >> > > a Coon> > > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe.> It> > would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news> > this morning telling what had happened.> > > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am> sorry> > But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the> first> > day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good> > friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry.> > > Bill> > >> > >> > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a> SUPPORT> > groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this> list> > to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously> > Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know> how> > comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who> > witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > >> > > a Coon> > > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did> not> > get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> > > Bill> > >> >> > > > > > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------> Bored stiff? Loosen up...> Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.13/840 - Release Date: 6/8/07 3:15 PM

Guest guest

Hi Sharon my wife a week ago handed me our local news paper and said look what I found on the front page. It was about a woman in our church, her name is Bonnie. She was driving on road with her parents and they had an accident with another car. It turned out both of her parents were killed in the accident. Bonnie was also hurt and survived. They held the funeral last Sunday evening.

It made me think about you because Bonnie is about your age. I wasn't sure if you still don't drive or not. If you do still drive I hope you stay safe.

Bill

Re: I'm speechless!!> > Not that I want to chime in and > cause commotion (of course I will)! > But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. > I have > to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply > because > of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those > are > odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the > poor guy > was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm > sure > he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. > > But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in > a > wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was > "wow, my > dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked > (bragged) > about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see > things > differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our > opinions > People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and > in so > much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also > never > took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.> > Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..> Mindy> > > >> > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was > safe. It > would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox > news > this morning telling what had happened. > > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am > sorry > But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the > first > day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good > friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > > Bill> > > > > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a > SUPPORT > groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this > list > to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. > Obviously > Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would > know how > comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who > witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he > did not > get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> > Bill> >> > > >

Luggage? GPS? Comic books? Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

The last place I worked their was a guy that had cerbal palsey and the guys I worked with gave him a metal cart so he could carry equipment around. We were all electronic tech. They a put a squeeze horn on his cart. We teased him to beep his horn when he is passing by people. He was a good kidder and had fun with the joke. I never did get back to work after my MS hit meIf I had gone back I was figuring I would get my own metal cart with a horn. I would have enjoyed the fun.

Bill

Not that I want to chime in and cause commotion (of course I will)! But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. I have to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply because of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those are odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the poor guy was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm sure he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in a wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was "wow, my dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked (bragged) about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see things differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our opinions. People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and in so much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also never took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..Mindy>> where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > a Coon> www.farmfreshsoapsandcandles.com> farmfresahsoapsandcandles@...> > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was safe. It would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox news this morning telling what had happened. > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am sorry But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the first day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > Bill> > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a SUPPORT groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this list to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. Obviously Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would know how comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > a Coon> www.farmfreshsoapsandcandles.com> farmfresahsoapsandcandles@...> > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he did not get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> Bill>

Guest guest

Hi Mindy,do you mind if I ask how your brother was dxd with Charcot Marie

Tooth.Awile back the rematologist I seen gave me a big packet w/ MD info and had

asked if I had been checked,she recomended the specialist do a muscle

biopsy.Well,he said i didnt need one because my blood tests were ok.So it was

totally dismissed,then I was sent to my PT who specializes in neuro diseases and

she had asked if I had been checked for Charcot Marie Tooth.I told her no and

the whole story so she spoke to a good friend of hers that has it.She said it

took her many yrs. To be dx'd and she has symptoms similiar to mine.She also

said her friend has similiar looking feet as mine.I have extremely high arches

and they kinda jus flop,I also have extremely large calves.Im jus

wondering,wondering if the docs are missn sumthn or thinkn thats not the case

due to normal ck levels and all that.Thanks.Luv ya, cassy

[mindythorn@...] wrote:

Sharon,

Mindy

> >

> > Mindy.I wont chime in on the....

Guest guest

LoL.A nuclear waste dump.lol. I always joke to my fam that I got my mom and dads

defect genes therfore making me,the ultimate defect gene! Rofl.lol. I think if

my father were still alive it would be easier to get a dx.He was dx'd with RA

and then lupus but that was before all the detailed tests they have now.He died

of leukemia.They found him in his bathroom a few days later and he had bled out

of every hole in his body.But that aside,I have wondered if he even had RA or

Lupus or and maybe another illness like the type I have.Lots of luv,cassy

[mindythorn@...] wrote:

I think universities would study my family if I lived close to one.

Let's see both my father and my brother have Charocot Marie Tooth (a

form of MD), my father's sister died at 46 from systemic lupus, my

father's other sister has " white matter disease " in other words,

undiagnosed MS (in my opinion) and my father's grandmother had MS.

I always joke that my father's family must have grown up in a nucluer

waste dump.

Mindy

> >

> > Mindy.I wont chime in on the other aspects,dont wanna say the

wrong

> thing and make anyone upset.But I think the way your dad and you

take

> life is awesome.I am the same way,im very ill but I make humor

out of

> my situation on some things.It is a break the ice type of

thing.If we

> take life to seriously we will get caught up in the depressing

ways

> it can cause.Sure I get down in the dumps but I never let my

illness

> take away the sense of humor in me.Life has got to be a fun ride

> otherwise whats there left?a miserable one?ugh.Im not goin down

that

> route.lol.I see all pionts to this....

Guest guest

Thanks so much for sharing.I had discussed the same thing with Sharon awile

back.I had never thought about MD until the reumatologist I seen mentioned

it.She was trying to help me so hard.I had seen her twice to make certain I

didnt have fibromyalgia She spent alomost 2 hours on me the last time.She was

just puzzled and put my symptoms in the computer and all that and printed the

info for me and did a better neuro exam then the specialists even do.She was

very concerned and thats why when the ck and all that was normal she recomended

a muscle biopsy.I know these diseases can become very serious and it wories me

because I have become sicker.I did locate an ALS/MD clinic and they told me how

to get seen,but now my doc is thinkn stanford or mayo.He is having me get all

the info from UCD on my next visit on the 21st.In the mean time he is studying

my records.He is such a good doc but unfortunetly only knows so much.Thanks so

much.Lots of luv,cassy

[mindythorn@...] wrote:

Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD.

Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a

girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician.

Now she had always had these really muscular legs and calves

(everyone thought she was an athlete). Anyways, she was at the lab

one night..bored..and decided to test herself on some things. Well,

her liver enzyme test came back at a nearly impossible figure. She

tested again with the same result. The next day she called her Dr.

and she was diagnosed with a form of MD with some name that starts

with a PolyXXXXXX. 13 years late, she is in a wheelchair and has

spent most of her life on some horrible drugs (can't have children

because of them).

When you guys mentioned the large calves, I thought of Melody.

Anyways, if you suspect you have some form of MD...the best thing to

do is get a referral to your nearsest MDA clinic. They will set you

up totally. Charcot Marie Tooth is done by a DNA test. MD is

genetic in nature. My brother was offically diagnosed this way even

though we pretty much all new because he was clumsy, had the high

arches, and the CMT gait all his life. To put it simply, CMT is a

form of MD that atropys the muscles from elbows to wrists and from

knees to ankles and it worsens in adulthood. Many people do well and

are very proactive with this disease. However, most will need walkin

assistance in late forties.

Hope that answers some questions.

Mindy

>

> Sharon,

>

> Do your nephews have Charcot Marie Tooth MD? It's one that doesn't

>

> show up strongly until late 20's....

Guest guest

Hi Bill:No, I don't drive any longer. As much as I miss the independence of driving I know I'm not safe on the roadways. Was Bonnie driving or was one of her parents? I hope Bonnie wasn't driving because if she was she will have a hard time forgiving herself I would think. I'm so glad my wreck was just me and no one else. I'm sure sorry to hear about the deaths of her parents and I hope Bonnie is doing better now.Sharon "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life." -Burton

Hills Re: I'm speechless!!> > Not that I want to chime in and > cause commotion (of course I will)! > But while it wasn't "funny" in the literal sense of the word. > I have > to admit that there was some humor in the situation simply > because > of "fate". To be in that position at that very moment...those > are > odds not likely to be seen again. I can't imagine what the > poor guy > was thinking and feeling while it was happening And while I'm > sure > he won't now, he will smile about it in the years to come. > > But on another aspect of how we view things. My father was in > a > wheelchair and when I read that story, my first thought was > "wow, my > dad would have had fun on that ride". He would have talked > (bragged) > about it for years. It's just an example of why we all see > things > differently. Our experiences in life totally effect our > opinions > People ask me all the time how come I take my MS so lightly and > in so > much fun, it's totally because I grew up with a man that also > never > took life as anything but a fun ride...wheelchair or no wheelchair.> > Am I making any point? Maybe not..it's the MonSter in me...ha..> Mindy> > > >> > where did I say anything about you leaving the group ??> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > a it was funny to me but I am still very happy he was > safe. It > would not have been funny at all if he was hurt. He was on Fox > news > this morning telling what had happened. > > My statements are never to offend anyone in this group. I am > sorry > But I don't plan to leave the group. I have been here since the > first > day Sharon started it. I consider everyone in the group good > friends.Word can hurt so I am sorry. > > Bill> > > > > > When I joined this list, it was because I thought it was a > SUPPORT > groups for people with MS and disabilities. I DID NOT join this > list > to laugh at other disabled people or find them 'comical'. > Obviously > Bill has never had to use a wheel chair. If he had, he would > know how > comical this ISN'T !!! I know this man's family and those who > witnessed it DID NOT find anything comical about it !!!!!!!!!!> > > > a Coon> > www.farmfreshsoapsa ndcandles. com> > farmfresahsoapsandc andles@.. .> > > > > > > > > > > > That was comical to hear that happened. I was very happy he > did not > get hurt. He is a famous guy on all the news channels.> > Bill> >> > > >

Luggage? GPS? Comic books? Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

Guest guest

Did I answer you Mindy about my nephews? If not, I'll answer you again :) No, they don't have Charcot Marie Tooth MD. I can't remmeber exactly what it is but I know it's rare and I think it's a cross between Beckers and Duchennes. I'm going to email Greg and ask him. Mindy do you have sisters? Have any of you been tested to see if you are carry the gene? Greg has 3 sisters and the last I heard was 2 were tested and 1 declined. The 2 who were tested do NOT carry the gene. Greg is the only one of the three boys who has children. I don't know if his girls have been tested or not. Cassy I think you would be wise to pursue this especially since you have the large calves. Did you read my other post (yesterday) about Greg and the large

calves? I think Greg suggested you contact the Muscular Dystropy Association. Do you remember what he said when we asked him before? I'm going to email him again. hugs)))Sharon "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life." -Burton Hills Re: I'm speechless!!

Hi Mindy,do you mind if I ask how your brother was dxd with Charcot Marie Tooth.Awile back the rematologist I seen gave me a big packet w/ MD info and had asked if I had been checked,she recomended the specialist do a muscle biopsy.Well, he said i didnt need one because my blood tests were ok.So it was totally dismissed,then I was sent to my PT who specializes in neuro diseases and she had asked if I had been checked for Charcot Marie Tooth.I told her no and the whole story so she spoke to a good friend of hers that has it.She said it took her many yrs. To be dx'd and she has symptoms similiar to mine.She also said her friend has similiar looking feet as mine.I have extremely high arches and they kinda jus flop,I also have extremely large calves.Im jus wondering,wondering if the docs are missn sumthn or thinkn thats not the case due to normal ck levels and all that.Thanks. Luv ya, cassy

[mindythornyahoo (DOT) com] wrote:

Sharon,

Mindy

> >

> > Mindy.I wont chime in on the....

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

Guest guest

I will email Greg and ask him about the MDA clinics. Greg's older brother Jeff was living with me when he started having symptoms and I had to push and push him to get something done. He had no insurance and the MDA clinic paid for all of his testing and set it all up. Sharon "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life." -Burton Hills Re: I'm speechless!!

Thanks so much for sharing.I had discussed the same thing with Sharon awile back.I had never thought about MD until the reumatologist I seen mentioned it.She was trying to help me so hard.I had seen her twice to make certain I didnt have fibromyalgia She spent alomost 2 hours on me the last time.She was just puzzled and put my symptoms in the computer and all that and printed the info for me and did a better neuro exam then the specialists even do.She was very concerned and thats why when the ck and all that was normal she recomended a muscle biopsy.I know these diseases can become very serious and it wories me because I have become sicker.I did locate an ALS/MD clinic and they told me how to get seen,but now my doc is thinkn stanford or mayo.He is having me get all the info from UCD on my next visit on the 21st.In the mean time he is studying my records.He is such a good doc but unfortunetly only knows so much.Thanks so much.Lots of luv,cassy

[mindythornyahoo (DOT) com] wrote:

Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD.

Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a

girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician.

Now she had always had these really muscular legs and calves

(everyone thought she was an athlete). Anyways, she was at the lab

one night..bored. .and decided to test herself on some things. Well,

her liver enzyme test came back at a nearly impossible figure. She

tested again with the same result. The next day she called her Dr.

and she was diagnosed with a form of MD with some name that starts

with a PolyXXXXXX. 13 years late, she is in a wheelchair and has

spent most of her life on some horrible drugs (can't have children

because of them).

When you guys mentioned the large calves, I thought of Melody.

Anyways, if you suspect you have some form of MD...the best thing to

do is get a referral to your nearsest MDA clinic. They will set you

up totally. Charcot Marie Tooth is done by a DNA test. MD is

genetic in nature. My brother was offically diagnosed this way even

though we pretty much all new because he was clumsy, had the high

arches, and the CMT gait all his life. To put it simply, CMT is a

form of MD that atropys the muscles from elbows to wrists and from

knees to ankles and it worsens in adulthood. Many people do well and

are very proactive with this disease. However, most will need walkin

assistance in late forties.

Hope that answers some questions.

Mindy

>

> Sharon,

>

> Do your nephews have Charcot Marie Tooth MD? It's one that doesn't

>

> show up strongly until late 20's....

Get your own web address. Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business.

Guest guest

Was that before ms Akiba? Before you were dx'd? Did they do any genetic testing

or biopsys? We should make a story section?Do we have one? Whatcha think Sharon?

I dunno,just sounds cool,were us oldies can write our story then when the

newbies come they can read them,then post theres,we sure would have alot of

stories.Lots of love, cassy

[akyba@...] wrote:

They thought I might have CMT so they tested me for it. Was the first time I

d ever heard of it.

hugs

Akiba

-- Re: I'm speechless!!

Hi Mindy,do you mind if I ask how your brother was dxd with Charcot Marie

Tooth.Awile back the rematologist I seen gave me a big packet w/ MD info and

had asked if I had been checked,she recomended the specialist do a muscle

biopsy.Well,he said i didnt need one because my blood tests were ok.So it

was totally dismissed,then I was sent to my PT who specializes in neuro

diseases and she had asked if I had been checked for Charcot Marie Tooth.I

told her no and the whole story so she spoke to a good friend of hers that

has it.She said it took her many yrs. To be dx'd and she has symptoms

similiar to mine.She also said her friend has similiar looking feet as mine

I have extremely high arches and they kinda jus flop,I also have extremely

large calves.Im jus wondering,wondering if the docs are missn sumthn or

thinkn thats not the case due to normal ck levels and all that.Thanks.Luv ya

cassy

[mindythorn@...] wrote:

Sharon,

Mindy

>

> Three of my nephews " got " MD when they were young adults. I have

MS and I think my father may have had it as well. My two children

show signs of MS, although my son doesn't speak it out loud. He does

have " nerve " problems and has been dxed with Ulnar Palsy. But his

legs get cramps, tightness and spasms in them after he has been

working in the heat. He has used Lynn's Spasm Oil with great

success.

>

> love

> Sharon

>

> " Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life. " -Burton

Hills

>

>

>

>

> Re: I'm speechless!!

>

>

> I always just wonder just how many diseases, essentially caused by

> INFLAMMATION we do have amongst our own families. I would love

> to know. In our own clan, I have near relatives with Muscular

Dystrophy,

> Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica (rheumatism of

> many muscles), and Temporal Arteritis (inflamation of the

arteries and

> the veins, as evinced by prominent blue veins in the temples. Why

> does not some amazying foundation just fund a way to look at all

these

> diseases and look at their genomes, mutations, etc. Dreaming

again--

> got to get to the first evening event of my granddaughter' s

great cele

> bration--at age 13, yet!

> P.S. my father had MS; one of HIS brothers did as well! Love,

> n

>....

Guest guest

Mindy~

Gasp! I don't know if you remember, but I posted an email about my brother (Mark). He told me last weekend that he had been dx'd with Poly**** something or other. Man, I wish I knew how it was pronounced. But, he's been having sx's for quite awhile, although, now he seems do be in some sort of remission. He doesn't exibit any major sx's right now. He does have optic neuritis, and has bad back pain. If he is having any other sx's, he's covering them. (It's a pride thing.)

I really feel for your friend. What a way to find out. But, I think that's probably how I would have like to find something out myself.

I really need to start researching. I know my brother isn't going to do it. Heck, he and the rest of the family are still in denial over my MonSter. Mark doesn't want to believe that there is anything that can stop him. Great positive attitude, but not always realistic.

Love and blessings...

Val @};-

Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD. Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician. Now she had always had these really muscular legs and calves (everyone thought she was an athlete). Anyways, she was at the lab one night..bored..and decided to test herself on some things. Well, her liver enzyme test came back at a nearly impossible figure. She tested again with the same result. The next day she called her Dr. and she was diagnosed with a form of MD with some name that starts with a PolyXXXXXX. 13 years late, she is in a wheelchair and has spent most of her life on some horrible drugs (can't have children because of them).When you guys mentioned the large calves, I thought of Melody.Anyways, if you suspect you have some form of MD...the best thing to do is get a referral to your nearsest MDA clinic. They will set you up totally. Charcot Marie Tooth is done by a DNA test. MD is genetic in nature. My brother was offically diagnosed this way even though we pretty much all new because he was clumsy, had the high arches, and the CMT gait all his life. To put it simply, CMT is a form of MD that atropys the muscles from elbows to wrists and from knees to ankles and it worsens in adulthood. Many people do well and are very proactive with this disease. However, most will need walkin assistance in late forties.Hope that answers some questions.Mindy> > > >> > > > Mindy.I wont chime in on the....>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.13/842 - Release Date: 6/9/07 10:46 AM

Guest guest

I think that's a good idea. I'll see what I can do about it. If I don't say anything please remind me again :)Sharon "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life." -Burton Hills Re: I'm speechless!!

>

>

> I always just wonder just how many diseases, essentially caused by

> INFLAMMATION we do have amongst our own families. I would love

> to know. In our own clan, I have near relatives with Muscular

Dystrophy,

> Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica (rheumatism of

> many muscles), and Temporal Arteritis (inflamation of the

arteries and

> the veins, as evinced by prominent blue veins in the temples. Why

> does not some amazying foundation just fund a way to look at all

these

> diseases and look at their genomes, mutations, etc. Dreaming

again--

> got to get to the first evening event of my granddaughter' s

great cele

> bration--at age 13, yet!

> P.S. my father had MS; one of HIS brothers did as well! Love,

> n

>....

Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows.Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Guest guest

Val; I am willing to bite: "polymyalgia rheumatica?" "polymyositis?"

Just for starters! Love,

n Rojas5915@...

Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD. Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician. Now she had always had these really muscular legs and calves (everyone thought she was an athlete). Anyways, she was at the lab one night..bored..and decided to test herself on some things. Well, her liver enzyme test came back at a nearly impossible figure. She tested again with the same result. The next day she called her Dr. and she was diagnosed with a form of MD with some name that starts with a PolyXXXXXX. 13 years late, she is in a wheelchair and has spent most of her life on some horrible drugs (can't have children because of them).When you guys mentioned the large calves, I thought of Melody.Anyways, if you suspect you have some form of MD...the best thing to do is get a referral to your nearsest MDA clinic. They will set you up totally. Charcot Marie Tooth is done by a DNA test. MD is genetic in nature. My brother was offically diagnosed this way even though we pretty much all new because he was clumsy, had the high arches, and the CMT gait all his life. To put it simply, CMT is a form of MD that atropys the muscles from elbows to wrists and from knees to ankles and it worsens in adulthood. Many people do well and are very proactive with this disease. However, most will need walkin assistance in late forties.Hope that answers some questions.Mindy> > > >> > > > Mindy.I wont chime in on the....>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.13/842 - Release Date: 6/9/07 10:46 AM

Guest guest

It was just before my MS dx. Same Dr that sent me to the neuro that Dx'd my MS, Dr Chandler, in Washington State, he referred me to Dr Price, who did the MRI and Dx'd me on April Fool's day, 2004 Hugs Akiba -- Re: I'm speechless!! Was that before ms Akiba? Before you were dx'd? Did they do any genetic testing or biopsys? We should make a story section?Do we have one? Whatcha think Sharon? I dunno,just sounds cool,were us oldies can write our story then when the newbies come they can read them,then post theres,we sure would have alot of stories.Lots of love, cassy[akyba@...] wrote:They thought I might have CMT so they tested me for it. Was the first time Id ever heard of it.hugsAkiba-------Original Message-------From: cassandra workmnDate: 6/9/2007 2:40:55 PMTo: MSersLife Subject: Re: I'm speechless!!Hi Mindy,do you mind if I ask how your brother was dxd with Charcot MarieTooth.Awile back the rematologist I seen gave me a big packet w/ MD info andhad asked if I had been checked,she recomended the specialist do a musclebiopsy.Well,he said i didnt need one because my blood tests were ok.So itwas totally dismissed,then I was sent to my PT who specializes in neurodiseases and she had asked if I had been checked for Charcot Marie Tooth.Itold her no and the whole story so she spoke to a good friend of hers thathas it.She said it took her many yrs. To be dx'd and she has symptomssimiliar to mine.She also said her friend has similiar looking feet as mineI have extremely high arches and they kinda jus flop,I also have extremelylarge calves.Im jus wondering,wondering if the docs are missn sumthn orthinkn thats not the case due to normal ck levels and all that.Thanks.Luv yacassy[mindythorn] wrote:Sharon, Do your nephews have Charcot Marie Tooth MD? It's one that doesn't show up strongly until late 20's or so. That's what my father had and my brother has (he wears braces at age 39). Mindy>> Three of my nephews "got" MD when they were young adults. I have MS and I think my father may have had it as well. My two children show signs of MS, although my son doesn't speak it out loud. He does have "nerve" problems and has been dxed with Ulnar Palsy. But his legs get cramps, tightness and spasms in them after he has been working in the heat. He has used Lynn's Spasm Oil with great success. > > love> Sharon> > "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life." -Burton Hills> > > > > Re: I'm speechless!!> > > I always just wonder just how many diseases, essentially caused by> INFLAMMATION we do have amongst our own families. I would love> to know. In our own clan, I have near relatives with Muscular Dystrophy,> Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica (rheumatism of> many muscles), and Temporal Arteritis (inflamation of the arteries and> the veins, as evinced by prominent blue veins in the temples. Why> does not some amazying foundation just fund a way to look at all these> diseases and look at their genomes, mutations, etc. Dreaming again--> got to get to the first evening event of my granddaughter' s great cele> bration--at age 13, yet!> P.S. my father had MS; one of HIS brothers did as well! Love, > n >....

Guest guest

n~

I think that's close, but it seems like he said polycon***. Because, I said back to him, jokingly....Polly can what? Then he repeated it. But, by the time I got home, I'd forgotten it. I should have written it down at the time.

Thanks though. I wish I could get a hold of him. He tells me he wants me to help him find a girlfriend, then he makes himself unattainable. Oh, brother....(literally)

Love and blessings....Val @};-

Guest guest

I toldya, I'll take him in, make him a home out back, plenty of room and good food to boot... Just has to deal with ME HUGs Akiba -- Re: I'm speechless!! n~ I think that's close, but it seems like he said polycon***. Because, I said back to him, jokingly....Polly can what? Then he repeated it. But, by the time I got home, I'd forgotten it. I should have written it down at the time. Thanks though. I wish I could get a hold of him. He tells me he wants me to help him find a girlfriend, then he makes himself unattainable. Oh, brother....(literally) Love and blessings....Val @};- Re: I'm speechless!!

Guest guest

Akiba~

You keep sayin' that an' I'm gonna take you seriously. I mean it...I'll tell him. LOL

Luv & blessings...Val @};-

Cassy...This is not for Charcot Marie Tooth but another form of MD. Have you had your liver enzymes checked? The reason I ask, I had a girlfriend from college (Melody) and she became a lab technician. Now she had always had these really muscular legs and calves (everyone thought she was an athlete). Anyways, she was at the lab one night..bored..and decided to test herself on some things. Well, her liver enzyme test came back at a nearly impossible figure. She tested again with the same result. The next day she called her Dr. and she was diagnosed with a form of MD with some name that starts with a PolyXXXXXX. 13 years late, she is in a wheelchair and has spent most of her life on some horrible drugs (can't have children because of them).When you guys mentioned the large calves, I thought of Melody.Anyways, if you suspect you have some form of MD...the best thing to do is get a referral to your nearsest MDA clinic. They will set you totally. Charcot Marie Tooth is done by a DNA test. MD is genetic in nature. My brother was offically diagnosed this way even though we pretty much all new because he was clumsy, had the high arches, and the CMT gait all his life. To put it simply, CMT is a form of MD that atropys the muscles from elbows to wrists and from knees to ankles and it worsens in adulthood. Many people do well and are very proactive with this disease. However, most will need walkin assistance in late forties.Hope that answers some questions.Mindy> > > >> > > > Mindy.I wont chime in on the....>