RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Internet Relay

Rate this topic

Guest guest

June said this., Maybe you tried to get on when it was busy. Since Earl told us about it, I'm sure that we're all testing it out. Why don't you give it another try? I'm sure the " newness " has worn off a bit by now. 1. Go to Earl's email with the site name 2. hilight just the site name 3. then go to edit in the screen menu at the top of the screen 4. hilight " copy " 5. go to the space at the top of the screen that says " Type keywords or web addresses here " 6. click on that to highlight that space 7. go back to the edit menu and click " paste " that should do it... then, click " go " next to that space where you copied the email address that Earl sent us (at the top of the screen) ............................................................................

Jimmy had this to say.Huh?Man,I just clicked the url Earl sent,clicked the icon on that webpage,and got a relay operator.Geesh,if I had to do all this,I NEVER would of figured it out.Goodluck .

Jimmy

Guest guest

June said this., Maybe you tried to get on when it was busy. Since Earl told us about it, I'm sure that we're all testing it out. Why don't you give it another try? I'm sure the " newness " has worn off a bit by now. 1. Go to Earl's email with the site name 2. hilight just the site name 3. then go to edit in the screen menu at the top of the screen 4. hilight " copy " 5. go to the space at the top of the screen that says " Type keywords or web addresses here " 6. click on that to highlight that space 7. go back to the edit menu and click " paste " that should do it... then, click " go " next to that space where you copied the email address that Earl sent us (at the top of the screen) ............................................................................

Jimmy had this to say.Huh?Man,I just clicked the url Earl sent,clicked the icon on that webpage,and got a relay operator.Geesh,if I had to do all this,I NEVER would of figured it out.Goodluck .

Jimmy

Guest guest

Jimmy

Guest guest

ha ha ha ha!! I think you are right!!!-Lori:)

>

>

> My computer is only a year old,

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Drag your mouse over it June !! the text is there its secret HUH Jimmy !!!!

Hi Jimmy, Your email was a total black screen. There was no writing on it. Just the info about the original email. So, did you want to say something else? June

Guest guest

Hi Jimmy, Your email was a total black screen. There was no writing on it. Just the info about the original email. So, did you want to say something else? June

Guest guest

Guest guest

I tried it, and an operator came on. I didn't know

what to do, haha...

Operator: Number please. GA

: I'm just messing around. Do you have a VCO

Ooption? GA

Op: No, and quit playing around! might be

trying to get through! GA

: Sorry...... SKSK

Okay, I was just kidding about the part. But I

did get through. If they could get a VCO option

hooked up to this, I would never leave my

computer!Someone said they ordered a pizza using this.

Shoot, since it's toll-free, you could order a pizza

three cities away. Imagine the prank-calling

possibilities!

--- earledillon@... wrote:

> http://www.ip-relay.com/home.html

>

>

> I'm not sure what you all are doing but it works

> fine on my end and

> others...just cut and paste that address to try

> again...dunno beyond

> that..eek :)

>

> -Earl

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I tried it, and an operator came on. I didn't know

what to do, haha...

Operator: Number please. GA

: I'm just messing around. Do you have a VCO

Ooption? GA

Op: No, and quit playing around! might be

trying to get through! GA

: Sorry...... SKSK

Okay, I was just kidding about the part. But I

did get through. If they could get a VCO option

hooked up to this, I would never leave my

computer!Someone said they ordered a pizza using this.

Shoot, since it's toll-free, you could order a pizza

three cities away. Imagine the prank-calling

possibilities!

--- earledillon@... wrote:

> http://www.ip-relay.com/home.html

>

>

> I'm not sure what you all are doing but it works

> fine on my end and

> others...just cut and paste that address to try

> again...dunno beyond

> that..eek :)

>

> -Earl

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks Pete, what would a " fairly recent version " of Netscape be? I have 4.7? Marie

Re: Internet RelayThe IP-Relay uses Java. Sometimes this is slow to load, can lock up your browser while it's loading. If your browser doesn't support Java, then it won't do anything at all :) Make sure your trying with a fairly recent version of Netscape or IE Pete

Guest guest

June - To view the message Jimmy sent you need to start in the upper left hand corner and highlight going down. The print shows up. Jimmy is laughing. I think it is so cool.

Good luck!

Jane

Re: Internet RelayHi Jimmy, Your email was a total black screen. There was no writing on it. Just the info about the original email. So, did you want to say something else? June

Guest guest

June - To view the message Jimmy sent you need to start in the upper left hand corner and highlight going down. The print shows up. Jimmy is laughing. I think it is so cool.

Good luck!

Jane

Re: Internet RelayHi Jimmy, Your email was a total black screen. There was no writing on it. Just the info about the original email. So, did you want to say something else? June

Guest guest

June, You aren't the only one who couldn't figure it out. Glad you said something. I just deleted it.

Guest guest

June, You aren't the only one who couldn't figure it out. Glad you said something. I just deleted it.

Guest guest

Wow!! I didn't know how to do that either!! Thanks Jane-Lori:)

Guest guest

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks everybody :o) I found it. Hey, Jimmy, I hope you make it to Vegas! Can you bring hammers and screwdrivers on airplanes? I think Jimmy's wheelchair needs a tune-up :o) Jimmy, you sneak, you!!!!

June

Guest guest

Thanks everybody :o) I found it. Hey, Jimmy, I hope you make it to Vegas! Can you bring hammers and screwdrivers on airplanes? I think Jimmy's wheelchair needs a tune-up :o) Jimmy, you sneak, you!!!!

June

Guest guest

June

Guest guest

About the internet relay if i was to call long distance would taht be free of charge? Say I was to call a relative in Florida? Just wondering.......

Sara

in WV

Guest guest

About the internet relay if i was to call long distance would taht be free of charge? Say I was to call a relative in Florida? Just wondering.......

Sara

in WV

Guest guest

Sara

in WV

Guest guest

I chatted briefly with the CRSO, I asked about the service, and she

said it's really meant only for CA residents, or making calls to CA.

However, how in the world would they know the difference? Unless you

consistently called a number in say, Calgary, I guess, but even

then ... (or they traced your IP address, which they could do)

> All free Sara :)

>

> -Earl

Guest guest

(or they traced your IP address, which they could do)

Even then, the closest accurate IP address locating I've seen done, is by country. Would cost them more to maintain a database of current IP's and looking them up, then to just make the phone calls :)

<Ive used it many times with no problems>

Pete