RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Internet Relay

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm not sure why that was taking you to the wrong address...were you cutting

and pasting or typing it. I C & P'd and it worked fine for the address I gave. The address I gave is kinda the 'door' to the web site but here is the address that takes you right to the page to make the call itself.

http://www.ip-relay.com/home.html

Hope you have better luck this time, not sure what your doing :)

-Earl

Guest guest

Earl, maybe it is me, but I tried this site twice and got nothing but a blank screen? Am I doing something wrong? (as usual) Marie

Internet RelayAny of us that us the relay, here's a new thing...its using the relay and making calls thru the internet. The big difference with this is, you can call long distance and there is no cost. Very neat and used it myself today to call some friends, just goto the web address below and you can connect yourself and start making calls and its all the same with using the relay but thru the interent, very cool! www.ip-relay.com -Earl

Guest guest

I tried it too - didn't get anything Earl - can you help us damsels in distress please? Do I need to purchase something extra for this to work? I got a message to purchase some type of something. I have to go eat supper. I will try again later and let you know exactly what I got. The site sounds neat. I would prefer using my computer to the TTY - more dependable.

Jane

Internet RelayAny of us that us the relay, here's a new thing...its using the relay and making calls thru the internet. The big difference with this is, you can call long distance and there is no cost. Very neat and used it myself today to call some friends, just goto the web address below and you can connect yourself and start making calls and its all the same with using the relay but thru the interent, very cool! www.ip-relay.com -Earl

Guest guest

Thanks Jane, I am glad at least one other person had a problem!! Marie

Guest guest

Earl - I was just typing it in.

I will try the others tomorrow night. I need my beauty sleep. Thanks!

Jane

Re: Internet RelayI'm not sure why that was taking you to the wrong address...were you cutting and pasting or typing it. I C & P'd and it worked fine for the address I gave. The address I gave is kinda the 'door' to the web site but here is the address that takes you right to the page to make the call itself. http://www.ip-relay.com/home.html Hope you have better luck this time, not sure what your doing :) -Earl

Guest guest

Hi Earl,

I got into the site! I cut and pasted, like you did. I didn't try it out yet though. I'll try it later. Thanks for the "insider info" :o)

June

Guest guest

Hi Earl,

I got into the site! I cut and pasted, like you did. I didn't try it out yet though. I'll try it later. Thanks for the "insider info" :o)

June

Guest guest

Hi Earl,

June

Guest guest

Did i do somthing worng that sites garbage.. it dont work right or somting.. and i had to repaeat things 3 or for times and then i got disconnected.....

Bruder

PS not to be rude

Hi Earl, I got into the site! I cut and pasted, like you did. I didn't try it out yet though. I'll try it later. Thanks for the "insider info" :o) June

Guest guest

Did i do somthing worng that sites garbage.. it dont work right or somting.. and i had to repaeat things 3 or for times and then i got disconnected.....

Bruder

PS not to be rude

Hi Earl, I got into the site! I cut and pasted, like you did. I didn't try it out yet though. I'll try it later. Thanks for the "insider info" :o) June

Guest guest

Well I cut and pasted, and it still didn't work! Wonder if somehow there are some States where it is not available? I think it is weird that I don't get a message, or anything; maybe I just didn't wait long enough? marie

Re: Internet RelayI'm not sure why that was taking you to the wrong address...were you cutting and pasting or typing it. I C & P'd and it worked fine for the address I gave. The address I gave is kinda the 'door' to the web site but here is the address that takes you right to the page to make the call itself. http://www.ip-relay.com/home.html Hope you have better luck this time, not sure what your doing :) -Earl

Guest guest

worked great for me,i ordered a pizza without leaving my seat.Now if only I could replace my swivel chair with a toilet.

Jimmy

Guest guest

worked great for me,i ordered a pizza without leaving my seat.Now if only I could replace my swivel chair with a toilet.

Jimmy

Guest guest

Well I tried it again, and I waited and waited, but nothing ever comes up, there is no indication that anything is working - all I have is this plain white screen! I get no message at all! marie

Guest guest

Well I tried it again, and I waited and waited, but nothing ever comes up, there is no indication that anything is working - all I have is this plain white screen! I get no message at all! marie

Guest guest

Now I am really upset! My computer is only a year old, I have Windows 98, ==as my dtr in law says--the wind probably blows the wrong way!!

marie

Guest guest

Now I am really upset! My computer is only a year old, I have Windows 98, ==as my dtr in law says--the wind probably blows the wrong way!!

marie

Guest guest

The IP-Relay uses Java.

Sometimes this is slow to load, can lock up your browser while it's loading. If your browser doesn't support Java, then it won't do anything at all :)

Make sure your trying with a fairly recent version of Netscape or IE

Pete

Guest guest

The IP-Relay uses Java.

Sometimes this is slow to load, can lock up your browser while it's loading. If your browser doesn't support Java, then it won't do anything at all :)

Make sure your trying with a fairly recent version of Netscape or IE

Pete

Guest guest

Bruder

Maybe you tried to get on when it was busy. Since Earl told us about it, I'm sure that we're all testing it out. Why don't you give it another try? I'm sure the "newness" has worn off a bit by now.

1. Go to Earl's email with the site name

2. hilight just the site name

3. then go to edit in the screen menu at the top of the screen

4. hilight "copy"

5. go to the space at the top of the screen that says "Type keywords or web addresses here"

6. click on that to highlight that space

7. go back to the edit menu and click "paste"

that should do it...

then, click "go" next to that space where you copied the email address that Earl sent us (at the top of the screen)

Good luck :o) I hope it works for you.

FYI - I usually get out of the mail before I click on the web site.

June

Guest guest

Bruder

Maybe you tried to get on when it was busy. Since Earl told us about it, I'm sure that we're all testing it out. Why don't you give it another try? I'm sure the "newness" has worn off a bit by now.

1. Go to Earl's email with the site name

2. hilight just the site name

3. then go to edit in the screen menu at the top of the screen

4. hilight "copy"

5. go to the space at the top of the screen that says "Type keywords or web addresses here"

6. click on that to highlight that space

7. go back to the edit menu and click "paste"

that should do it...

then, click "go" next to that space where you copied the email address that Earl sent us (at the top of the screen)

Good luck :o) I hope it works for you.

FYI - I usually get out of the mail before I click on the web site.

June

Guest guest

Hi Jimmy,

Your email was a total black screen. There was no writing on it. Just the info about the original email. So, did you want to say something else?

June

Guest guest

Hi Jimmy,

Your email was a total black screen. There was no writing on it. Just the info about the original email. So, did you want to say something else?

June