Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Peggy,

Glad your'e on board here and as you mentioned you will be learnin

lots. We are very lucky to have so many that have experienced so

much and willing to lay it all on the table so that we can all learn

from their expierence. From what little I know it sounds like you

are doing things right but others know more and will say if you are

not. Are you taking anything else to help you absorb the calcium?

I always take with magnesium as that assists in getting it to the

bone as well as being somewhat of a pain reliever, D is also

needed. Before you know it you to will be involved as we all do

after awhile. Sorry to hear you have been through so much but you

are so lucky to have a good doc who is really taking care of you.

Talk again later, Dawn

> Thank you for the welcome!

>

> My niece told me about this group, as she belongs. I have been

reading all the messages and learning quite a bit. Its a great place

for information, Thank you.

>

> I just had my Thyroid removed and also two Parathyroids. I have

been having quite a problem maintaining a proper calcium level. I

was in the hospital for 9 days after my surgery due to episodes of

Tetnany. I am getting better. I still take a large calcium

supplement of 24 calcium pills a day ( 650 mgs tablets) Also

Rocatrol 2x daily and under the care of an Endo Dr. She is doing a

great job of monitoring me. I have also started my thyroid

medication.(Levoxyl 125mcg.)That seems to be going fine.

>

> I was wondering does the thyroid medication and the calcium fight

against each other?

> I try to take the thyroid medication first thing in the am and do

not take the calcium until later on. At least 2 hours or more later.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

>

> Peg

>

>

> Tell me and I'll forget.

> Show me and I may remember.

> Involve me and I'll understand.

>

> I hear, and I forget

> I see, and I remember

> I do, and I understand

> __________________________________________________

>

Guest guest

Hi Peggy,

Glad your'e on board here and as you mentioned you will be learnin

lots. We are very lucky to have so many that have experienced so

much and willing to lay it all on the table so that we can all learn

from their expierence. From what little I know it sounds like you

are doing things right but others know more and will say if you are

not. Are you taking anything else to help you absorb the calcium?

I always take with magnesium as that assists in getting it to the

bone as well as being somewhat of a pain reliever, D is also

needed. Before you know it you to will be involved as we all do

after awhile. Sorry to hear you have been through so much but you

are so lucky to have a good doc who is really taking care of you.

Talk again later, Dawn

> Thank you for the welcome!

>

> My niece told me about this group, as she belongs. I have been

reading all the messages and learning quite a bit. Its a great place

for information, Thank you.

>

> I just had my Thyroid removed and also two Parathyroids. I have

been having quite a problem maintaining a proper calcium level. I

was in the hospital for 9 days after my surgery due to episodes of

Tetnany. I am getting better. I still take a large calcium

supplement of 24 calcium pills a day ( 650 mgs tablets) Also

Rocatrol 2x daily and under the care of an Endo Dr. She is doing a

great job of monitoring me. I have also started my thyroid

medication.(Levoxyl 125mcg.)That seems to be going fine.

>

> I was wondering does the thyroid medication and the calcium fight

against each other?

> I try to take the thyroid medication first thing in the am and do

not take the calcium until later on. At least 2 hours or more later.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

>

> Peg

>

>

>

> I hear, and I forget

> I see, and I remember

> I do, and I understand

>

Guest guest

Peggy is my aunt! I told her about this list.. welcome! Hopefully you'll learn lots about keeping yourself in good health and feeling as good as possible.

Guest guest

Peggy is my aunt! I told her about this list.. welcome! Hopefully you'll learn lots about keeping yourself in good health and feeling as good as possible.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello All,

Thank you for the welcome! Thank you for heading me in the right direction*smiles*

Dawn

I am taking the Rocaltrol( Rx) given to me by the Endo Dr.. that helps drive the calcium into my bones. I also was taking magnesium when I came home from the hospital and for a couple of weeks till it was back to a normal level. She and the surgeon said I have Hungry bone syndrome. Seems my body had high levels of Calcium for the last three years and it was being caused by the Adenoma on my parathyroid. ( My own GP knew it was high and just kept telling me to "stop taking calcium" when in fact I was not taking any. I m glad it finally came to light what it all was. My thyroid was removed as I had two masses on it along with several nodules. Thank God it was not cancerous.

My sister is a nurse( 's Mom) and she mentioned that by now I should not be having any signs of tetnany.. she had a point saying maybe the surgeon took out for more then two parathyroids. I worry about so much calcium not being good for my kidneys, Yet I do not want to stop taking it and suffer the consequences that low calcium can cause. Yet, just hoping my body soon starts regulating the calcium by itself so I can stop the supplements. I had my surgery on October 18th.

I also have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Fibromyalgia.Oh.. and I am 49.

Thanks again.

PegTell me and I'll forget.Show me and I may remember.Involve me and I'll understand. I hear, and I forgetI see, and I rememberI do, and I understand__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hello All,

Thank you for the welcome! Thank you for heading me in the right direction*smiles*

Dawn

I am taking the Rocaltrol( Rx) given to me by the Endo Dr.. that helps drive the calcium into my bones. I also was taking magnesium when I came home from the hospital and for a couple of weeks till it was back to a normal level. She and the surgeon said I have Hungry bone syndrome. Seems my body had high levels of Calcium for the last three years and it was being caused by the Adenoma on my parathyroid. ( My own GP knew it was high and just kept telling me to "stop taking calcium" when in fact I was not taking any. I m glad it finally came to light what it all was. My thyroid was removed as I had two masses on it along with several nodules. Thank God it was not cancerous.

My sister is a nurse( 's Mom) and she mentioned that by now I should not be having any signs of tetnany.. she had a point saying maybe the surgeon took out for more then two parathyroids. I worry about so much calcium not being good for my kidneys, Yet I do not want to stop taking it and suffer the consequences that low calcium can cause. Yet, just hoping my body soon starts regulating the calcium by itself so I can stop the supplements. I had my surgery on October 18th.

I also have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Fibromyalgia.Oh.. and I am 49.

Thanks again.

PegTell me and I'll forget.Show me and I may remember.Involve me and I'll understand. I hear, and I forgetI see, and I rememberI do, and I understand__________________________________________________

Guest guest

Hello All,

Dawn

Thanks again.

Guest guest

Hey Peggy! If you would take armour(or generic natural thyroid), You willl get calcitonin that will help move the calcium from the blood into the bones. This may help you as your parathyroids were also removed....

Feisty

Proud group co-owner

Re: Re: Hello

Hello All,

Dawn

Thanks again.

PegTell me and I'll forget.Show me and I may remember.Involve me and I'll understand. I hear, and I forgetI see, and I rememberI do, and I understand

Guest guest

Hey Peggy! If you would take armour(or generic natural thyroid), You willl get calcitonin that will help move the calcium from the blood into the bones. This may help you as your parathyroids were also removed....

Feisty

Proud group co-owner

Hello All,

Dawn

Thanks again.

PegTell me and I'll forget.Show me and I may remember.Involve me and I'll understand. I hear, and I forgetI see, and I rememberI do, and I understand

Guest guest

Feisty

Proud group co-owner

Hello All,

Dawn

Thanks again.

Guest guest

Hi Peg,

We all have much to be gratefull for and don't express it enough and

I'm so glad that it is not cancer too, youv'e been through enough

you don't need anymore. The calcium stuff sounds like something

that my hubby had to take when they found that he was oesteo-piny

which is the start of oesteoporosis and he has not had to take it

for several years now. He took it for about 3 years and his

condition improved but has to be monitored. I wish I could be of

more help to you but I have never heard of tetnany but I feel pretty

sure that there is going to be more than one that will come along

soon that will know and be able to give you the info and so on that

you need in that area. The other thing with magnesium is that it

also helps with pain, so it might help with the other things.

As for being 49 you're a wee strip of a thing yet.

Dawn

> Hello All,

>

> Thank you for the welcome! Thank you for heading me in the

right direction*smiles*

>

> Dawn

> I am taking the Rocaltrol( Rx) given to me by the Endo Dr.. that

helps drive the calcium into my bones. I also was taking magnesium

when I came home from the hospital and for a couple of weeks till it

was back to a normal level. She and the surgeon said I have Hungry

bone syndrome. Seems my body had high levels of Calcium for the

last three years and it was being caused by the Adenoma on my

parathyroid. ( My own GP knew it was high and just kept telling me

to " stop taking calcium " when in fact I was not taking any. I m glad

it finally came to light what it all was. My thyroid was removed as

I had two masses on it along with several nodules. Thank God it was

not cancerous.

>

> My sister is a nurse( 's Mom) and she mentioned that by now I

should not be having any signs of tetnany.. she had a point saying

maybe the surgeon took out for more then two parathyroids. I worry

about so much calcium not being good for my kidneys, Yet I do not

want to stop taking it and suffer the consequences that low

calcium can cause. Yet, just hoping my body soon starts regulating

the calcium by itself so I can stop the supplements. I had my

surgery on October 18th.

>

> I also have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, and

Fibromyalgia.Oh.. and I am 49.

> Thanks again.

> Peg

>

>

>

> I hear, and I forget

> I see, and I remember

> I do, and I understand

>

Guest guest

Hi Peg,

Dawn

> Hello All,

>

right direction*smiles*

>

> Dawn

not cancerous.

>

surgery on October 18th.

>

> Thanks again.

> Peg

>

>

>

> I hear, and I forget

> I see, and I remember

> I do, and I understand

>

Guest guest

Hi Peg,

Dawn

> Hello All,

>

right direction*smiles*

>

> Dawn

not cancerous.

>

surgery on October 18th.

>

> Thanks again.

> Peg

>

>

>

> I hear, and I forget

> I see, and I remember

> I do, and I understand

>

Guest guest

Hey Peggy, glad you made it. It's not one of my better nights. I'm sitting here in tears because I hurt so much and am so frustrated. I want meds, have none, and don't know when I visit the doc on Tues. if she'll even give me more. Did I say frustrated? That was an understatement.

I'm glad you found us. Good people, lots of caring advice.

Tigger

Hello

I am Peggy - hummer and was told of this group by Tigger. My story:I was first diagnosed with lupus by a hematologist who sent me to a rheumatologist who says I probably don't have lupus. I suggested fibro but he doesn't think I am sore enough at the "points". However, I wish he would live in my body a few days and he might change his mind. I had a really hard year two years ago; broke my arm, had major surgery, had my son and family living with me for several months, and my mother, well...being herself, which is being negative, laying on guilt, etc.,etc. Ever since then I have been extremely exhausted nearly all the time, achy and stiff(I didn't even realize I had the flu in February until my PCP diagnosed it by nasal swab...I didn't feel any different), forgetful and have a hard time concentrating, and have extreme difficulty sleeping (I always slept good before). I have had IBS and stomach acid problems all my life (57) so that hasn't changed except now I take Nexium every day and ProCardia to stop esophageal spasms. I do have some minor muscle twitching in my face, arms, and legs. I seem to have developed hypoglycemia, too; even though my diet is probably better than it has been most of my adult life. Anyway, I could go on and on but after reading some of your stories, I feel pretty blessed that it isn't worse. It helps, too, that I have a very understanding, helpful husband.Peggy1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Hey Peggy, glad you made it. It's not one of my better nights. I'm sitting here in tears because I hurt so much and am so frustrated. I want meds, have none, and don't know when I visit the doc on Tues. if she'll even give me more. Did I say frustrated? That was an understatement.

Tigger

Hello

I am Peggy - hummer and was told of this group by Tigger. My story:I was first diagnosed with lupus by a hematologist who sent me to a rheumatologist who says I probably don't have lupus. I suggested fibro but he doesn't think I am sore enough at the "points". However, I wish he would live in my body a few days and he might change his mind. I had a really hard year two years ago; broke my arm, had major surgery, had my son and family living with me for several months, and my mother, well...being herself, which is being negative, laying on guilt, etc.,etc. Ever since then I have been extremely exhausted nearly all the time, achy and stiff(I didn't even realize I had the flu in February until my PCP diagnosed it by nasal swab...I didn't feel any different), forgetful and have a hard time concentrating, and have extreme difficulty sleeping (I always slept good before). I have had IBS and stomach acid problems all my life (57) so that hasn't changed except now I take Nexium every day and ProCardia to stop esophageal spasms. I do have some minor muscle twitching in my face, arms, and legs. I seem to have developed hypoglycemia, too; even though my diet is probably better than it has been most of my adult life. Anyway, I could go on and on but after reading some of your stories, I feel pretty blessed that it isn't worse. It helps, too, that I have a very understanding, helpful husband.Peggy1. While it is wonderful to share our experiences with everyone on the list as to what treatments do and don't work for us, pls always check with your dr. Some treatments are dangerous when given along with other meds as well as to certain health conditions or just dangerous in general.2. If you are in a difficult situation (doesn't matter what it is) pls don't be afraid to ask for help. It is the first step to trying to make that situation better.Have a nice day everyone.

Guest guest

Tigger

Hello

Guest guest

Nan, does your husband have a Glucometer? If so just pony up and stick

out that finger 2 hours after you have pigged out for lunch...

Cut out those Twinkies during the night and see if that helps the sugar

count in the morning. (LOL)

Cy, the Ancient Okie... Hello

Hi I would like to ask a question. I was told by my doctor that my blood

sugar was high the last two blood tests. It was 111 both times. He

warned me

that if I did not change my eating habits I could become a diabetic. my

question is this. I have kept a record for the last five weeks. I Had

one

reading of 111 and three readings of 96, 97 and 96.. The middle week was

112. that week I had eaten more sweets than usual. will I be safe in

believing that I am not diabetic but might have to watch my sugar not to

become a diabetic. I hope my question is clear. the doctor wants to give

me

a two hour blood sugar test. but i believe I do not need this test yet.

What

are your opinions? Thanks in advance. Nan

Guest guest

Nan, does your husband have a Glucometer? If so just pony up and stick

out that finger 2 hours after you have pigged out for lunch...

Cut out those Twinkies during the night and see if that helps the sugar

count in the morning. (LOL)

Cy, the Ancient Okie... Hello

Hi I would like to ask a question. I was told by my doctor that my blood

sugar was high the last two blood tests. It was 111 both times. He

warned me

that if I did not change my eating habits I could become a diabetic. my

question is this. I have kept a record for the last five weeks. I Had

one

reading of 111 and three readings of 96, 97 and 96.. The middle week was

112. that week I had eaten more sweets than usual. will I be safe in

believing that I am not diabetic but might have to watch my sugar not to

become a diabetic. I hope my question is clear. the doctor wants to give

me

a two hour blood sugar test. but i believe I do not need this test yet.

What

are your opinions? Thanks in advance. Nan

Guest guest

Hi Cy, yes Del has been testing my sugar. I will have him take it as you

said. And I will be good and cut out the Twinkies. How about the ice cream?

Ha Ha I don't eat much ice cream but I love chocolate pudding and I use the

sugar free and fat free. Nan

Hello

>

>

> Hi I would like to ask a question. I was told by my doctor that my blood

>

> sugar was high the last two blood tests. It was 111 both times. He

> warned me

> that if I did not change my eating habits I could become a diabetic. my

> question is this. I have kept a record for the last five weeks. I Had

> one

> reading of 111 and three readings of 96, 97 and 96.. The middle week was

>

> 112. that week I had eaten more sweets than usual. will I be safe in

> believing that I am not diabetic but might have to watch my sugar not to

>

> become a diabetic. I hope my question is clear. the doctor wants to give

> me

> a two hour blood sugar test. but i believe I do not need this test yet.

> What

> are your opinions? Thanks in advance. Nan

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hello

>

>

>

> warned me

> one

>

>

> me

> What

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hello

>

>

>

> warned me

> one

>

>

> me

> What

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

My dearest Sister Nan,

You should probably cut down on the ice cream unless you can find some

like Braum's sells. It only has 4 carbs per half cup serving.

Now, if you use the Jellkl-O instant pudding I think it is also very low

in carbs and that would be alright. (but don't go hog wild like someone

I know and love has upon occasion done)

Cy, the ancient Okie... ,

Re: Hello

said. And I will be good and cut out the Twinkies. How about the ice

cream?

Ha Ha I don't eat much ice cream but I love chocolate pudding and I use

the

Hello

>

>

> Hi I would like to ask a question. I was told by my doctor that my

> blood

>

> warned me that if I did not change my eating habits I could become a

> diabetic. my question is this. I have kept a record for the last five

> weeks. I Had one

> reading of 111 and three readings of 96, 97 and 96.. The middle week

was

>

> believing that I am not diabetic but might have to watch my sugar not

> to

>

> become a diabetic. I hope my question is clear. the doctor wants to

> give me a two hour blood sugar test. but i believe I do not need this

> test yet. What

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

My dearest Sister Nan,

You should probably cut down on the ice cream unless you can find some

like Braum's sells. It only has 4 carbs per half cup serving.

Now, if you use the Jellkl-O instant pudding I think it is also very low

in carbs and that would be alright. (but don't go hog wild like someone

I know and love has upon occasion done)

Cy, the ancient Okie... ,

Re: Hello

said. And I will be good and cut out the Twinkies. How about the ice

cream?

Ha Ha I don't eat much ice cream but I love chocolate pudding and I use

the

Hello

>

>

> Hi I would like to ask a question. I was told by my doctor that my

> blood

>

> warned me that if I did not change my eating habits I could become a

> diabetic. my question is this. I have kept a record for the last five

> weeks. I Had one

> reading of 111 and three readings of 96, 97 and 96.. The middle week

was

>

> believing that I am not diabetic but might have to watch my sugar not

> to

>

> become a diabetic. I hope my question is clear. the doctor wants to

> give me a two hour blood sugar test. but i believe I do not need this

> test yet. What

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

I would watch your sugar intake. Those numbers are not critical enough to

consider them or you diabetic. One school of thought is that 120 is the top

number before becoming borterline diabetic. Bring your weight down if nec

and watch what you are eating and you should overcome what other have.

Darryl

Saturday mornings, At 10:30 A.M. Eastern, 09:30 A.M. Central, a new internet

radio program " Your Diabetes " , comes to Cjoy Internet Radio. Take part in a

one hour round-table discussion on every facet of this devistating disease.

Why is diabetes becoming rampant here in America? We will discuss methods

of control, weight factors, and what is important to you the diabetic. Join

us at

http://www.cjoyinternetradio.com

This program will air each week at the same time. You will be required to

download a plug-in. A microphone is required to participate in the live

discussion, text-messageing is allowed.

See your there...

C.JOY INTERNET RADIO...The quality goes in before the broadcast goes on...

Darryl

Hello

> sugar was high the last two blood tests. It was 111 both times. He warned

> me

> question is this. I have kept a record for the last five weeks. I Had one

> me

> What

>

>

>

>

>