EDD 3/03

Hello

I am sure some of you remember me. I have come back for awhile to get some

emails. I had my reversal with Dr Levin on July 17 2000. I haven't not been

able to get pregnant yet. My tubes are not blocked and Hubby's little soldiers

are marching. I guess I have to start taking my temps again and send them to Dr

Levin. We live in Oklahoma. I am 27, my husband of 10.5 years is 29 and my boys

are 9 and 6. I also have a home daycare. I got my tubes tied the day after my

2nd some was born Dec 95. He was a 10 lb baby at birth (I had a natural birth)

and the entire pregnancy I was miserable, so we thought we didn't want any more.

Anyway, I have given up several times in the past 2 years and its getting harder

and harder to keep my hopes up.

~Charlene ~

Like snowflakes, no two children are alike

www.mfdha.com

http://www.geocities.com/charlene_73160/myratterriers.html

Guest guest

Welcome back, Charlene!

in MI

DD 4/91

DD 6/94

TL 6/94

TR 4/02

EDD 3/03

Hello

I am sure some of you remember me. I have come back for awhile to get some

emails. I had my reversal with Dr Levin on July 17 2000. I haven't not been

able to get pregnant yet. My tubes are not blocked and Hubby's little soldiers

are marching. I guess I have to start taking my temps again and send them to Dr

Levin. We live in Oklahoma. I am 27, my husband of 10.5 years is 29 and my boys

are 9 and 6. I also have a home daycare. I got my tubes tied the day after my

2nd some was born Dec 95. He was a 10 lb baby at birth (I had a natural birth)

and the entire pregnancy I was miserable, so we thought we didn't want any more.

Anyway, I have given up several times in the past 2 years and its getting harder

and harder to keep my hopes up.

~Charlene ~

Like snowflakes, no two children are alike

www.mfdha.com

http://www.geocities.com/charlene_73160/myratterriers.html

Guest guest

Most of us have been there. Welcome to the group. Hashimotos can make you swing back and forth. Most of us here have no confidence in endo's but you may get lucky. They will check lots of stuff, but may not check the frees. Demand that they also check the Free T3, the Free T4 and your ferritin. When you get those results, post them along with TSH T4, T3 and thyroid antibiodies. BTW, Where do you live?

Blessings,

Debbie K.

-----Original Message-----From: ldbrh Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 1:17 PMTo: The_Thyroid_Support_Group Subject: HelloHI, My name is Deborah, and I have been reading this site for a few weeks now. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos 16 yrs.ago (19 yrs.old) They told me to take a pill and I would be fine,exercise more to lose some weight,and just "cheer up" so as not to be depressed. I was in the Marine Corps at the time (plenty of exercise!) But started to gain weight feel depressed dry skin hair nails face swell SO TIRED !!! I figured I was going crazy, something wrong with my mind,cuz they said I would be fine with a little pill. Starved my self to stay with in weight regs(barely) but managed to stay in full 4 yrs of contract. Out in 92, My meds have changed from .05mcg up to 400 through the years(now at 150) Always told just little adjustments but it will be fine, had goiter in89 sent to nuc med gave me a shot took pix of neck and told i was all better, in 1996 over 6 months went from size 10 to 22 couldn't get out of bed foe 3 months but told I was fine just tke another pill (prozac) things have gotten better then worse then better etc.... the thing is I know I have not taken an "active " interest in this because they said it was fine with my pills. a few weeks ago my neck started to become tender so when my appt time came(after reading this site) I made them take an ultra sound(she didn't want to, said it felt fine) well it showed multiple nodules,goiter, growing in and down, I'mstill not sure what this means but they are sending me to endo(first time ever) on 9/8. What do you wonderful people suggest I should ask/do?I'm so angry I have been a by-stander for all these years,I want to feel better .Please if you have any suggestions, current meds 150mcglevoxyl 40 mg zocor 15 mg mobic (pain)2xday and celebrex

Guest guest

Welcome Deborah, to the group and the club... the club being those of us that believed them when they told us that little pill would make it all better!

*sigh* Lots of years went by for me too, getting worse and worse each year.

First, rest assured that you are NOT crazy!! Got that??

* shy smile *

Others, I'm sure will jump in with their comments on nodules and the appropriate tests. For some surgery is found to be necessary and for others TSH suppression is the route that works for them. It will depend a lot on what they find with the scans.

I'd strongly suggest that you discuss switching to Natural thyroid. It works TONS better for most of the folks that make the switch and has been THE answer for many that never did well on the synthetics (like Synthroid and Levoxyl).

We have some time to get you familiar with some of this stuff and formulate some questions to ask.. You've got plenty of folks here to help....

Topper ()

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:16:57 -0000 "ldbrh" writes:

HI, My name is Deborah, and I have been reading this site for a few weeks now. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos 16 yrs.ago (19 yrs.old) They told me to take a pill and I would be fine,exercise more to lose some weight,and just "cheer up" so as not to be depressed. I was in the Marine Corps at the time (plenty of exercise!) But started to gain weight feel depressed dry skin hair nails face swell SO TIRED !!! I figured I was going crazy, something wrong with my mind,cuz they said I would be fine with a little pill. Starved my self to stay with in weight regs(barely) but managed to stay in full 4 yrs of contract. Out in 92, My meds have changed from .05mcg up to 400 through the years(now at 150) Always told just little adjustments but it will be fine, had goiter in89 sent to nuc med gave me a shot took pix of neck and told i was all better, in 1996 over 6 months went from size 10 to 22 couldn't get out of bed foe 3 months but told I was fine just tke another pill (prozac) things have gotten better then worse then better etc.... the thing is I know I have not taken an "active " interest in this because they said it was fine with my pills. a few weeks ago my neck started to become tender so when my appt time came(after reading this site) I made them take an ultra sound(she didn't want to, said it felt fine) well it showed multiple nodules,goiter, growing in and down, I'mstill not sure what this means but they are sending me to endo(first time ever) on 9/8. What do you wonderful people suggest I should ask/do?I'm so angry I have been a by-stander for all these years,I want to feel better .Please if you have any suggestions, current meds 150mcglevoxyl 40 mg zocor 15 mg mobic (pain)2xday and celebrex

Guest guest

ThanksTopper,

I did ask my Dr. about Armour, but she refused and said it doesn't work. I want to change to this myself but am not sure how. What dosage to start taking? Where to get it? How long does it take to get into system?

BTW to Debbie K I am from Las Vegas

Re: Hello

Welcome Deborah, to the group and the club... the club being those of us that believed them when they told us that little pill would make it all better!

* shy smile *

Others, I'm sure will jump in with their comments on nodules and the appropriate tests. For some surgery is found to be necessary and for others TSH suppression is the route that works for them. It will depend a lot on what they find with the scans.

I'd strongly suggest that you discuss switching to Natural thyroid. It works TONS better for most of the folks that make the switch and has been THE answer for many that never did well on the synthetics (like Synthroid and Levoxyl).

We have some time to get you familiar with some of this stuff and formulate some questions to ask.. You've got plenty of folks here to help....

Topper ()

HI, My name is Deborah, and I have been reading this site for a few weeks now. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos 16 yrs.ago (19 yrs.old) They told me to take a pill and I would be fine,exercise more to lose some weight,and just "cheer up" so as not to be depressed. I was in the Marine Corps at the time (plenty of exercise!) But started to gain weight feel depressed dry skin hair nails face swell SO TIRED !!! I figured I was going crazy, something wrong with my mind,cuz they said I would be fine with a little pill. Starved my self to stay with in weight regs(barely) but managed to stay in full 4 yrs of contract. Out in 92, My meds have changed from .05mcg up to 400 through the years(now at 150) Always told just little adjustments but it will be fine, had goiter in89 sent to nuc med gave me a shot took pix of neck and told i was all better, in 1996 over 6 months went from size 10 to 22 couldn't get out of bed foe 3 months but told I was fine just tke another pill (prozac) things have gotten better then worse then better etc.... the thing is I know I have not taken an "active " interest in this because they said it was fine with my pills. a few weeks ago my neck started to become tender so when my appt time came(after reading this site) I made them take an ultra sound(she didn't want to, said it felt fine) well it showed multiple nodules,goiter, growing in and down, I'mstill not sure what this means but they are sending me to endo(first time ever) on 9/8. What do you wonderful people suggest I should ask/do?I'm so angry I have been a by-stander for all these years,I want to feel better .Please if you have any suggestions, current meds 150mcglevoxyl 40 mg zocor 15 mg mobic (pain)2xday and celebrex

Guest guest

ThanksTopper,

I did ask my Dr. about Armour, but she refused and said it doesn't work. I want to change to this myself but am not sure how. What dosage to start taking? Where to get it? How long does it take to get into system?

* shy smile *

Topper ()

Guest guest

ThanksTopper,

* shy smile *

Topper ()

Guest guest

Welcome Deborah! I am Feisty, one of the proud co-owners of this group. First, I lived in las Vegas 25 years until 3 years ago.

You need a new doctor. I, among others here, are living proof that Armour does work!It is helping me to regain myself. It helped me to astound my doctors by healing a lot faster after my last hospitalization than anyone expected.It has helped me overcome suicidal depression and paranoia.Armour helps my skin return to good condition and my hair.It has helped me regain libido. I am remembering more and I am getting back my joi de vivre! It helps with problem cholesterol. It helps with edema and lymphedema.There are so many other efects that Armour has done.Yes, Armour /natural thyroid DOES WORK!!!!!!! Ask us that are taking it. Ask us that are actually regaining ourselves.

hugs

Proud group co-owner

ThyroFeisty(Feisty)www.thyrophoenix.com

* shy smile *

Topper ()

Guest guest

Welcome Deborah! I am Feisty, one of the proud co-owners of this group. First, I lived in las Vegas 25 years until 3 years ago.

You need a new doctor. I, among others here, are living proof that Armour does work!It is helping me to regain myself. It helped me to astound my doctors by healing a lot faster after my last hospitalization than anyone expected.It has helped me overcome suicidal depression and paranoia.Armour helps my skin return to good condition and my hair.It has helped me regain libido. I am remembering more and I am getting back my joi de vivre! It helps with problem cholesterol. It helps with edema and lymphedema.There are so many other efects that Armour has done.Yes, Armour /natural thyroid DOES WORK!!!!!!! Ask us that are taking it. Ask us that are actually regaining ourselves.

hugs

Proud group co-owner

* shy smile *

Topper ()

Guest guest

hugs

Proud group co-owner

* shy smile *

Topper ()

Guest guest

Hi Feisty !

Girl, you give us all hope !!

How does one get Armour if the doctor won't prescribe it??

sheila

* shy smile *

Topper ()

Guest guest

Hi Feisty !

sheila

* shy smile *

Topper ()

Guest guest

Hi Feisty !

sheila

* shy smile *

Topper ()

Guest guest

Feisty - how much Armour do you take each day?

> Welcome Deborah! I am Feisty, one of the proud co-owners of

this group. First, I lived in las Vegas 25 years until 3 years ago.

> You need a new doctor. I, among others here, are living proof that

Armour does work!It is helping me to regain myself. It helped me to

astound my doctors by healing a lot faster after my last

hospitalization than anyone expected.It has helped me overcome

suicidal depression and paranoia.Armour helps my skin return to good

condition and my hair.It has helped me regain libido. I am remembering

more and I am getting back my joi de vivre! It helps with problem

cholesterol. It helps with edema and lymphedema.There are so many

other efects that Armour has done.Yes, Armour /natural thyroid DOES

WORK!!!!!!! Ask us that are taking it. Ask us that are actually

regaining ourselves.

> hugs

> Proud group co-owner

> ThyroFeisty(Feisty)

> www.thyrophoenix.com

> Re: Hello

>

>

> Welcome Deborah, to the group and the club... the club being

those of us that believed them when they told us that little pill

would make it all better!

>

> *sigh* Lots of years went by for me too, getting worse and worse

each year.

>

> First, rest assured that you are NOT crazy!! Got that??

>

> * shy smile *

>

> Others, I'm sure will jump in with their comments on nodules and

the appropriate tests. For some surgery is found to be necessary and

for others TSH suppression is the route that works for them. It will

depend a lot on what they find with the scans.

>

> I'd strongly suggest that you discuss switching to Natural

thyroid. It works TONS better for most of the folks that make the

switch and has been THE answer for many that never did well on the

synthetics (like Synthroid and Levoxyl).

>

> We have some time to get you familiar with some of this stuff

and formulate some questions to ask.. You've got plenty of folks here

to help....

>

> Topper ()

>

> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:16:57 -0000 " ldbrh " <pen337@c...> writes:

> HI,

> My name is Deborah, and I have been reading this site for a

few weeks

> now. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos 16 yrs.ago (19 yrs.old) They

> told me to take a pill and I would be fine,exercise more to

lose some

> weight,and just " cheer up " so as not to be depressed. I was in

the

> Marine Corps at the time (plenty of exercise!) But started to

gain

> weight feel depressed dry skin hair nails face swell SO TIRED

!!! I

> figured I was going crazy, something wrong with my mind,cuz

they said

> I would be fine with a little pill. Starved my self to stay

with in

> weight regs(barely) but managed to stay in full 4 yrs of

contract.

> Out in 92, My meds have changed from .05mcg up to 400 through the

> years(now at 150) Always told just little adjustments but it

will be

> fine, had goiter in89 sent to nuc med gave me a shot took pix

of neck

> and told i was all better, in 1996 over 6 months went from

size 10 to

> 22 couldn't get out of bed foe 3 months but told I was fine

just tke

> another pill (prozac) things have gotten better then worse then

> better etc.... the thing is I know I have not taken an " active "

> interest in this because they said it was fine with my pills.

> a few weeks ago my neck started to become tender so when my

appt time

> came(after reading this site) I made them take an ultra sound(she

> didn't want to, said it felt fine) well it showed multiple

> nodules,goiter, growing in and down, I'mstill not sure what this

> means but they are sending me to endo(first time ever) on 9/8.

What

> do you wonderful people suggest I should ask/do?

> I'm so angry I have been a by-stander for all these years,I

want to

> feel better .Please if you have any suggestions,

>

> current meds 150mcglevoxyl 40 mg zocor 15 mg mobic (pain)2xday

> and celebrex

>

>

>

Guest guest

regaining ourselves.

> hugs

> Proud group co-owner

> ThyroFeisty(Feisty)

> www.thyrophoenix.com

>

>

>

each year.

>

>

> * shy smile *

>

>

>

to help....

>

> Topper ()

>

> HI,

few weeks

lose some

the

gain

!!! I

they said

with in

contract.

will be

of neck

size 10 to

just tke

appt time

What

want to

>

> and celebrex

>

>

>

Guest guest

regaining ourselves.

> hugs

> Proud group co-owner

> ThyroFeisty(Feisty)

> www.thyrophoenix.com

>

>

>

each year.

>

>

> * shy smile *

>

>

>

to help....

>

> Topper ()

>

> HI,

few weeks

lose some

the

gain

!!! I

they said

with in

contract.

will be

of neck

size 10 to

just tke

appt time

What

want to

>

> and celebrex

>

>

>

Guest guest

Deborah,

Fact is that Armour, Natural thyroid, has been around since the late 1800s, has NEVER had a single recall, and has proven to work better for most folks.

Synthetics, like Synthroid and Levoxyl have had a lot of recalls.. We just had one come through in the last week or two for a Levoxyl batch that is coming up for expiration. Been on the market for what? Two years? and just now letting folks know that the potency on that batch of meds is inconsistent.

It's sad. Too many docs are too busy to keep up with the facts ... they rely on their pharmaceutical company reps to keep them informed... and the reps get more money for promoting the synthetics cause of the great profit margin.

In my humble opinion. The care of the patient and the quality of their life should be of first importance, not the profit margin of the med and which one gives the pocket a larger bulge.

Just a brief review of a couple of things.

Synthetics

Synthroid, Levoxyl, etc - contain synthetic T4 only.

Cytomel - contain T3 only

Natural thyroid

Armour and it's generics - contain T4, T3, T2, T1 and calcitonin.

T4 is the storage hormone, T3 is the active hormone.

T3 is used by the body pretty much right away. 95% used up within four hours of taking it.

T4 is stored in the cells, throughout the body. It can take from 4 to 6 weeks for the levels in the cells to reflect the dose that you are taking, that goes for Naturals and synthetics.

It's at the cellular level that conversion takes place. The conversion of the storage hormone, T4, to the active hormone, T3.

So when determining how a dose (when starting or adjusting) will affect you. It depends..

On the dose that you start at or are adjusting to

On how you take the dose (sublingual with the naturals or full/empty stomach with natural or synthetic)

Foods that you eat

I know, it gets confusing. Never be afraid to ask questions. The most important thing is that you once you choose a med and a way to take it that you are consistent with that so that the dose that your body actually gets is consistent and when switching meds you keep the basics in mind.

Your starting dose would depend on what you are currently taking... there are conversion charts but it's roughly 1 grain of Armour for 100 mcg of Synthetic. Personally I'd back that off a bit to allow for my system to adjust to the quicker acting T3.. if all is well then increase. That's my opinion....

We have a few places that folks order from. We have several listed in the links section of the group home page. We've been hearing the most comments from folks ordering from MyRXforless.... I'm not sure of the link off the top of my head....

To order in the country you need a prescription. To order outside the country you don't (depending on the country - Canada requires prescriptions).

I hope that gives you a start.. others, I'm sure, will add more info for you to consider.

For a review of hormones and meds we have a page set up on the ThyroPhoenix site www.thyrophoenix.com/thyroid_101.htm

Topper ()

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:54:11 -0700 "deborah lee" writes:

ThanksTopper,

Guest guest

Deborah,

Fact is that Armour, Natural thyroid, has been around since the late 1800s, has NEVER had a single recall, and has proven to work better for most folks.

Synthetics, like Synthroid and Levoxyl have had a lot of recalls.. We just had one come through in the last week or two for a Levoxyl batch that is coming up for expiration. Been on the market for what? Two years? and just now letting folks know that the potency on that batch of meds is inconsistent.

It's sad. Too many docs are too busy to keep up with the facts ... they rely on their pharmaceutical company reps to keep them informed... and the reps get more money for promoting the synthetics cause of the great profit margin.

In my humble opinion. The care of the patient and the quality of their life should be of first importance, not the profit margin of the med and which one gives the pocket a larger bulge.

Just a brief review of a couple of things.

Synthetics

Synthroid, Levoxyl, etc - contain synthetic T4 only.

Cytomel - contain T3 only

Natural thyroid

Armour and it's generics - contain T4, T3, T2, T1 and calcitonin.

T4 is the storage hormone, T3 is the active hormone.

T3 is used by the body pretty much right away. 95% used up within four hours of taking it.

T4 is stored in the cells, throughout the body. It can take from 4 to 6 weeks for the levels in the cells to reflect the dose that you are taking, that goes for Naturals and synthetics.

It's at the cellular level that conversion takes place. The conversion of the storage hormone, T4, to the active hormone, T3.

So when determining how a dose (when starting or adjusting) will affect you. It depends..

On the dose that you start at or are adjusting to

On how you take the dose (sublingual with the naturals or full/empty stomach with natural or synthetic)

Foods that you eat

I know, it gets confusing. Never be afraid to ask questions. The most important thing is that you once you choose a med and a way to take it that you are consistent with that so that the dose that your body actually gets is consistent and when switching meds you keep the basics in mind.

Your starting dose would depend on what you are currently taking... there are conversion charts but it's roughly 1 grain of Armour for 100 mcg of Synthetic. Personally I'd back that off a bit to allow for my system to adjust to the quicker acting T3.. if all is well then increase. That's my opinion....

We have a few places that folks order from. We have several listed in the links section of the group home page. We've been hearing the most comments from folks ordering from MyRXforless.... I'm not sure of the link off the top of my head....

To order in the country you need a prescription. To order outside the country you don't (depending on the country - Canada requires prescriptions).

I hope that gives you a start.. others, I'm sure, will add more info for you to consider.

For a review of hormones and meds we have a page set up on the ThyroPhoenix site www.thyrophoenix.com/thyroid_101.htm

Topper ()

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 11:54:11 -0700 "deborah lee" writes:

ThanksTopper,

Guest guest

I take 1 grain usually, although I have been taking an extra 1/2 grain

every few days as I feel I am still underdosed.....

Feisty

> > >

> > >

> > > Welcome Deborah, to the group and the club... the club being

> > those of us that believed them when they told us that little pill

> > would make it all better!

> > >

> > > *sigh* Lots of years went by for me too, getting worse and worse

> > each year.

> > >

> > > First, rest assured that you are NOT crazy!! Got that??

> > >

> > > * shy smile *

> > >

> > > Others, I'm sure will jump in with their comments on nodules and

> > the appropriate tests. For some surgery is found to be necessary and

> > for others TSH suppression is the route that works for them. It will

> > depend a lot on what they find with the scans.

> > >

> > > I'd strongly suggest that you discuss switching to Natural

> > thyroid. It works TONS better for most of the folks that make the

> > switch and has been THE answer for many that never did well on the

> > synthetics (like Synthroid and Levoxyl).

> > >

> > > We have some time to get you familiar with some of this stuff

> > and formulate some questions to ask.. You've got plenty of folks here

> > to help....

> > >

> > > Topper ()

> > >

> > > On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:16:57 -0000 " ldbrh " <pen337@c...> writes:

> > > HI,

> > > My name is Deborah, and I have been reading this site for a

> > few weeks

> > > now. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos 16 yrs.ago (19 yrs.old)

They

> > > told me to take a pill and I would be fine,exercise more to

> > lose some

> > > weight,and just " cheer up " so as not to be depressed. I was in

> > the

> > > Marine Corps at the time (plenty of exercise!) But started to

> > gain

> > > weight feel depressed dry skin hair nails face swell SO TIRED

> > !!! I

> > > figured I was going crazy, something wrong with my mind,cuz

> > they said

> > > I would be fine with a little pill. Starved my self to stay

> > with in

> > > weight regs(barely) but managed to stay in full 4 yrs of

> > contract.

> > > Out in 92, My meds have changed from .05mcg up to 400 through

the

> > > years(now at 150) Always told just little adjustments but it

> > will be

> > > fine, had goiter in89 sent to nuc med gave me a shot took pix

> > of neck

> > > and told i was all better, in 1996 over 6 months went from

> > size 10 to

> > > 22 couldn't get out of bed foe 3 months but told I was fine

> > just tke

> > > another pill (prozac) things have gotten better then worse then

> > > better etc.... the thing is I know I have not taken an " active

"

> > > interest in this because they said it was fine with my pills.

> > > a few weeks ago my neck started to become tender so when my

> > appt time

> > > came(after reading this site) I made them take an ultra

sound(she

> > > didn't want to, said it felt fine) well it showed multiple

> > > nodules,goiter, growing in and down, I'mstill not sure what this

> > > means but they are sending me to endo(first time ever) on 9/8.

> > What

> > > do you wonderful people suggest I should ask/do?

> > > I'm so angry I have been a by-stander for all these years,I

> > want to

> > > feel better .Please if you have any suggestions,

> > >

> >

> > > current meds 150mcglevoxyl 40 mg zocor 15 mg mobic (pain)2xday

> > > and celebrex

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

Feisty

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > each year.

> > >

> > >

> > > * shy smile *

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > to help....

> > >

> > > Topper ()

> > >

> > > HI,

> > few weeks

They

> > lose some

> > the

> > gain

> > !!! I

> > they said

> > with in

> > contract.

the

> > will be

> > of neck

> > size 10 to

> > just tke

"

> > appt time

sound(she

> > What

> > want to

> > >

> >

> > > and celebrex

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

Feisty

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > each year.

> > >

> > >

> > > * shy smile *

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > to help....

> > >

> > > Topper ()

> > >

> > > HI,

> > few weeks

They

> > lose some

> > the

> > gain

> > !!! I

> > they said

> > with in

> > contract.

the

> > will be

> > of neck

> > size 10 to

> > just tke

"

> > appt time

sound(she

> > What

> > want to

> > >

> >

> > > and celebrex

> > >

> > >

Guest guest

> Just a brief review of a couple of things.

>

> Synthetics

> Synthroid, Levoxyl, etc - contain synthetic T4 only.

> Cytomel - contain T3 only

>

> Natural thyroid

> Armour and it's generics - contain T4, T3, T2, T1 and calcitonin.

>

>

Just adding

Synthetic T3 and T4

Thyrolar (currently off the market for a change in the manufacturing

process. Should be available sometime later this year.)

Louise

Guest guest

>

> Synthetics

>

> Natural thyroid

>

>

Just adding

Synthetic T3 and T4

Louise

Guest guest

>

> Synthetics

>

> Natural thyroid

>

>

Just adding

Synthetic T3 and T4

Louise

Guest guest

Hi Peggy,

Glad your'e on board here and as you mentioned you will be learnin

lots. We are very lucky to have so many that have experienced so

much and willing to lay it all on the table so that we can all learn

from their expierence. From what little I know it sounds like you

are doing things right but others know more and will say if you are

not. Are you taking anything else to help you absorb the calcium?

I always take with magnesium as that assists in getting it to the

bone as well as being somewhat of a pain reliever, D is also

needed. Before you know it you to will be involved as we all do

after awhile. Sorry to hear you have been through so much but you

are so lucky to have a good doc who is really taking care of you.

Talk again later, Dawn

> Thank you for the welcome!

>

> My niece told me about this group, as she belongs. I have been

reading all the messages and learning quite a bit. Its a great place

for information, Thank you.

>

> I just had my Thyroid removed and also two Parathyroids. I have

been having quite a problem maintaining a proper calcium level. I

was in the hospital for 9 days after my surgery due to episodes of

Tetnany. I am getting better. I still take a large calcium

supplement of 24 calcium pills a day ( 650 mgs tablets) Also

Rocatrol 2x daily and under the care of an Endo Dr. She is doing a

great job of monitoring me. I have also started my thyroid

medication.(Levoxyl 125mcg.)That seems to be going fine.

>

> I was wondering does the thyroid medication and the calcium fight

against each other?

> I try to take the thyroid medication first thing in the am and do

not take the calcium until later on. At least 2 hours or more later.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

>

> Peg

>

>

> Tell me and I'll forget.

> Show me and I may remember.

> Involve me and I'll understand.

>

> I hear, and I forget

> I see, and I remember

> I do, and I understand