RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

HELLO

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I got it, rita

Hello

I hope this goes through. Am not receiving messages from this group.

Sigh.

Rita

Guest guest

Hello Rita

It came through! take care.

Hello

>

> I hope this goes through. Am not receiving messages from this group.

> Sigh.

> Rita

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

rita, i read you fine, karen from canada

Hello

>

> Sigh.

> Rita

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hello

>

> Sigh.

> Rita

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hello

>

> Sigh.

> Rita

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

hello everyone!

let me introduce myself,

i came to this web site looking for friendship and answers,much like

the rest of you.

i am a gulf war 1 vet and commander of a local veterans

organization,i have a wonderfull supportive wife and 4 children

between 5 and 15.

in feb 2000,i was doing the fireman thing,(im a former

paramedic/firefighter)when i fell with about 60 lbs of fire

equipment on and landed on my heels and had a shockwave go up

through my legs and through my spinal chord.at first i shrugged it

off as a pinched nerve and didnt think much about it.after a week i

started getting tingling and numbness which started in the legs and

went to about the mid waist and stopped.i started with the foot

droop and began falling when i tried to walk,my mris found no

dammage and i was baffeld.i must have seen a dozen neuros and no one

would give me an answer(sound framiliar to you all).well over the

summer of that year i became worse and wound up in a wheelchair.and

the docs settled on tm as a dx,and being new to the disease i went

through the niaeve stage and started listening to everything i was

being told.the depression hit me like a ton of bricks and it took me

quite a while to get myself straightend out,i beat it with no meds

and no shrink.last year i had a baclofen pump put in to reduce the

spasticity which i had a bad time with,and a 3rd tap was done which

came back + for all the junk that comes with ms and all i needed was

another mri to confirm what i didnt want to hear.

ive had many mris but was not able to lay flat due to the spas in my

legs and everything previous to my last one came back -.well they

found lesions on the brain this last time and confirmed it.

well ive been on the tm website for many years and educated myself

well and have done battle with the ins companies and therapy units

that have thrown me out because of a lack of improvment,so im very

much aware of what the deal is with reguard to ms and how the system

works.

my next appt im going to start some treatment options and see where

it leads.

can anyone tell me what treatments and meds you all take and what

works well for you.

jeff

central ny

Guest guest

I'm so glad you joined the group Jeff. What kind of symptoms are you having now? What degree of disability do you have?

Sharon (MSersLife Group Owner/Creator)

It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

HELLO

hello everyone!let me introduce myself,i came to this web site looking for friendship and answers,much like the rest of you.i am a gulf war 1 vet and commander of a local veterans organization, i have a wonderfull supportive wife and 4 children between 5 and 15.in feb 2000,i was doing the fireman thing,(im a former paramedic/firefight er)when i fell with about 60 lbs of fire equipment on and landed on my heels and had a shockwave go up through my legs and through my spinal chord.at first i shrugged it off as a pinched nerve and didnt think much about it.after a week i started getting tingling and numbness which started in the legs and went to about the mid waist and stopped.i started with the foot droop and began falling when i tried to walk,my mris found no dammage and i was baffeld.i must have seen a dozen neuros and no one would give me an answer(sound framiliar to you all).well over the summer of

that year i became worse and wound up in a wheelchair.and the docs settled on tm as a dx,and being new to the disease i went through the niaeve stage and started listening to everything i was being told.the depression hit me like a ton of bricks and it took me quite a while to get myself straightend out,i beat it with no meds and no shrink.last year i had a baclofen pump put in to reduce the spasticity which i had a bad time with,and a 3rd tap was done which came back + for all the junk that comes with ms and all i needed was another mri to confirm what i didnt want to hear.ive had many mris but was not able to lay flat due to the spas in my legs and everything previous to my last one came back -.well they found lesions on the brain this last time and confirmed it.well ive been on the tm website for many years and educated myself well and have done battle with the ins companies and therapy units that have thrown me

out because of a lack of improvment,so im very much aware of what the deal is with reguard to ms and how the system works.my next appt im going to start some treatment options and see where it leads.can anyone tell me what treatments and meds you all take and what works well for you.jeffcentral ny

Guest guest

Hi Jeff and wecome to the group! Whereabouts in NY are ya in? I live in Ossining with my spouse, Lloyd, and 5 kids, although the oldest is off to college now in Philly. I was dx'd this past Dec. with RRMS. You will find this to be a fantastic, caring group of people here...love, light, laughter, kate

Attachment: vcard [not shown]

Guest guest

Jeff,

Welcome to the group.

My husband is also a Gulf War 1 Vet—and

retired from the Navy.

We have 4 kids between the ages of 15 and

23. I teach learning disabled children down here in Fort Worth, Texas.

I have been diagnosed for over 3 years and

currently take Rebif injections. I inject 3 times a week with no side effects.

I tried another med—Avonex first but struggled with the side effects. I

just had a MRI this summer and have had no progression with the Rebif. My symptoms

are mostly tingling, numbness, and balance issues.

Hope this helps some. I know there is a

lot of info to absorb with a new diagnosis. I read a great book—I think

it was called The First Year with Ms. It helped me know what questions to ask.

Good luck at your appointment,

Connie

Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006

1:21 PM

To: MSersLife

Subject: HELLO

hello everyone!

let me introduce myself,

i came to this web site looking for friendship and answers,much like

the rest of you.

i am a gulf war 1 vet and commander of a local veterans

organization,i have a wonderfull supportive wife and 4 children

between 5 and 15.

in feb 2000,i was doing the fireman thing,(im a former

paramedic/firefighter)when i fell with about 60 lbs of fire

equipment on and landed on my heels and had a shockwave go up

through my legs and through my spinal chord.at first i shrugged it

off as a pinched nerve and didnt think much about it.after a week i

started getting tingling and numbness which started in the legs and

went to about the mid waist and stopped.i started with the foot

droop and began falling when i tried to walk,my mris found no

dammage and i was baffeld.i must have seen a dozen neuros and no one

would give me an answer(sound framiliar to you all).well over the

summer of that year i became worse and wound up in a wheelchair.and

the docs settled on tm as a dx,and being new to the disease i went

through the niaeve stage and started listening to everything i was

being told.the depression hit me like a ton of bricks and it took me

quite a while to get myself straightend out,i beat it with no meds

and no shrink.last year i had a baclofen pump put in to reduce the

spasticity which i had a bad time with,and a 3rd tap was done which

came back + for all the junk that comes with ms and all i needed was

another mri to confirm what i didnt want to hear.

ive had many mris but was not able to lay flat due to the spas in my

legs and everything previous to my last one came back -.well they

found lesions on the brain this last time and confirmed it.

well ive been on the tm website for many years and educated myself

well and have done battle with the ins companies and therapy units

that have thrown me out because of a lack of improvment,so im very

much aware of what the deal is with reguard to ms and how the system

works.

my next appt im going to start some treatment options and see where

it leads.

can anyone tell me what treatments and meds you all take and what

works well for you.

jeff

central ny

Guest guest

Welcome aboard, Jeff; you may get many more responses than you ever

expected! Just roll on in with the rest of us, Cheers! n Rojas, 69

HELLO

hello everyone!let me introduce myself,i came to this web site looking for friendship and answers,much like the rest of you.i am a gulf war 1 vet and commander of a local veterans organization,i have a wonderfull supportive wife and 4 children between 5 and 15.in feb 2000,i was doing the fireman thing,(im a former paramedic/firefighter)when i fell with about 60 lbs of fire equipment on and landed on my heels and had a shockwave go up through my legs and through my spinal chord.at first i shrugged it off as a pinched nerve and didnt think much about it.after a week i started getting tingling and numbness which started in the legs and went to about the mid waist and stopped.i started with the foot droop and began falling when i tried to walk,my mris found no dammage and i was baffeld.i must have seen a dozen neuros and no one would give me an answer(sound framiliar to you all).well over the summer of that year i became worse and wound up in a wheelchair.and the docs settled on tm as a dx,and being new to the disease i went through the niaeve stage and started listening to everything i was being told.the depression hit me like a ton of bricks and it took me quite a while to get myself straightend out,i beat it with no meds and no shrink.last year i had a baclofen pump put in to reduce the spasticity which i had a bad time with,and a 3rd tap was done which came back + for all the junk that comes with ms and all i needed was another mri to confirm what i didnt want to hear.ive had many mris but was not able to lay flat due to the spas in my legs and everything previous to my last one came back -.well they found lesions on the brain this last time and confirmed it.well ive been on the tm website for many years and educated myself well and have done battle with the ins companies and therapy units that have thrown me out because of a lack of improvment,so im very much aware of what the deal is with reguard to ms and how the system works.my next appt im going to start some treatment options and see where it leads.can anyone tell me what treatments and meds you all take and what works well for you.jeffcentral ny

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.11.7/437 - Release Date: 9/4/2006

Guest guest

Welcome Jeff, I know you will find this group very helpful and friendly. I salute you for all you've done. Right now I'm on steroids every 6 weeks and I'm on 30mg of Cymbalta this helps the stress and the pain. Most of my problems are in my Left leg and arm. If I can be of any help please let me know. ChuckJEFF wrote: hello everyone!let me introduce myself,i came to this web site looking for friendship and

answers,much like the rest of you.i am a gulf war 1 vet and commander of a local veterans organization,i have a wonderfull supportive wife and 4 children between 5 and 15.in feb 2000,i was doing the fireman thing,(im a former paramedic/firefighter)when i fell with about 60 lbs of fire equipment on and landed on my heels and had a shockwave go up through my legs and through my spinal chord.at first i shrugged it off as a pinched nerve and didnt think much about it.after a week i started getting tingling and numbness which started in the legs and went to about the mid waist and stopped.i started with the foot droop and began falling when i tried to walk,my mris found no dammage and i was baffeld.i must have seen a dozen neuros and no one would give me an answer(sound framiliar to you all).well over the summer of that year i became worse and wound up in a wheelchair.and the docs settled on tm as a

dx,and being new to the disease i went through the niaeve stage and started listening to everything i was being told.the depression hit me like a ton of bricks and it took me quite a while to get myself straightend out,i beat it with no meds and no shrink.last year i had a baclofen pump put in to reduce the spasticity which i had a bad time with,and a 3rd tap was done which came back + for all the junk that comes with ms and all i needed was another mri to confirm what i didnt want to hear.ive had many mris but was not able to lay flat due to the spas in my legs and everything previous to my last one came back -.well they found lesions on the brain this last time and confirmed it.well ive been on the tm website for many years and educated myself well and have done battle with the ins companies and therapy units that have thrown me out because of a lack of improvment,so im very much aware of what the deal is with

reguard to ms and how the system works.my next appt im going to start some treatment options and see where it leads.can anyone tell me what treatments and meds you all take and what works well for you.jeffcentral nyWhen life throws you a curve, wait for the next pitch and hit a homerun

Get your email and more, right on the new Yahoo.com

Guest guest

HI Jeff! Welcome aboard! :o) Where in central NY are you? I lived in Watertown and on Fort Drum for several years at the end of the 80's and start of the 90's. I was on Fort Drum when the first Gulf War broke out. How long were you over there and where were you stationed? Which branch? My husband, , and I live in Arizona (I'd love for him to see New York someday!). We're in the northeastern part of the state and the temps are beginning to cool just a bit. Enough that our fans didn't run last night, at least. LOL We have four children, two boys and two girls. is 19½, is 16, Jenna is 6½ and Maya is 3. Do you have any specific treatments in mind for starting? I don't have a dx, but I think MS fits well with the symptoms I have.

They've been going for at least 7 to 10 years now. The Neuro I saw told me none of my symptoms were MS symptoms and, when discovering I was breastfeeding, decided that must be my problem ("it's a noble effort, but..."). LOL Yeah, no it wasn't and no it isn't. LOL said he feared for the doctor's safety when doc headed down that path. LMHO My Mother has MS. She's our fearless leader here on MSersLife. Sharon / Wobbletowalk. :o) Challis JEFF wrote: hello everyone!let me introduce myself,i came to this web site looking for friendship and answers,much like the rest of you.i am a gulf war 1 vet and commander of a local veterans organization,i have a wonderfull supportive wife and 4 children between 5 and 15.in feb 2000,i was doing the fireman thing,(im a former paramedic/firefighter)when i fell with about 60 lbs of fire equipment on and landed on my heels and had a shockwave go up through my legs and through my spinal chord.at first i shrugged it off as a pinched nerve and didnt think much about it.after a week i started getting tingling and numbness which started in the legs and went to about the mid waist and stopped.i started with the foot droop and began falling when i tried to walk,my mris found no dammage and i was baffeld.i must have

seen a dozen neuros and no one would give me an answer(sound framiliar to you all).well over the summer of that year i became worse and wound up in a wheelchair.and the docs settled on tm as a dx,and being new to the disease i went through the niaeve stage and started listening to everything i was being told.the depression hit me like a ton of bricks and it took me quite a while to get myself straightend out,i beat it with no meds and no shrink.last year i had a baclofen pump put in to reduce the spasticity which i had a bad time with,and a 3rd tap was done which came back + for all the junk that comes with ms and all i needed was another mri to confirm what i didnt want to hear.ive had many mris but was not able to lay flat due to the spas in my legs and everything previous to my last one came back -.well they found lesions on the brain this last time and confirmed it.well ive been on the tm website for many years

and educated myself well and have done battle with the ins companies and therapy units that have thrown me out because of a lack of improvment,so im very much aware of what the deal is with reguard to ms and how the system works.my next appt im going to start some treatment options and see where it leads.can anyone tell me what treatments and meds you all take and what works well for you.jeffcentral ny

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

Funny, I teach children with disabilities (LD's included), too! Of course, they're my own and it's right here in our home. LOL I didn't know your husband was a Vet! Hugs, Challis connie buran wrote: Jeff, Welcome to the group. My husband is also a Gulf War 1 Vet—and retired from the Navy. We have 4 kids between the ages of 15 and 23. I teach learning disabled children down here in Fort Worth, Texas. I have been diagnosed for over 3 years and currently take Rebif injections. I inject 3 times a week with no side effects. I tried another med—Avonex first but struggled with the side effects. I just

had a MRI this summer and have had no progression with the Rebif. My symptoms are mostly tingling, numbness, and balance issues. Hope this helps some. I know there is a lot of info to absorb with a new diagnosis. I read a great book—I think it was called The First Year with Ms. It helped me know what questions to ask. Good luck at your appointment,Connie From: MSersLife [mailto:MSersLife ] On Behalf Of JEFFSent: Monday, September 04, 2006 1:21 PMTo: MSersLife Subject: HELLO hello everyone!let me introduce myself,i came to this web site looking for friendship and answers,much like the rest of you.i am a

gulf war 1 vet and commander of a local veterans organization,i have a wonderfull supportive wife and 4 children between 5 and 15.in feb 2000,i was doing the fireman thing,(im a former paramedic/firefighter)when i fell with about 60 lbs of fire equipment on and landed on my heels and had a shockwave go up through my legs and through my spinal chord.at first i shrugged it off as a pinched nerve and didnt think much about it.after a week i started getting tingling and numbness which started in the legs and went to about the mid waist and stopped.i started with the foot droop and began falling when i tried to walk,my mris found no dammage and i was baffeld.i must have seen a dozen neuros and no one would give me an answer(sound framiliar to you all).well over the summer of that year i became worse and wound up in a wheelchair.and the docs settled on tm as a dx,and being new to the disease i went through the

niaeve stage and started listening to everything i was being told.the depression hit me like a ton of bricks and it took me quite a while to get myself straightend out,i beat it with no meds and no shrink.last year i had a baclofen pump put in to reduce the spasticity which i had a bad time with,and a 3rd tap was done which came back + for all the junk that comes with ms and all i needed was another mri to confirm what i didnt want to hear.ive had many mris but was not able to lay flat due to the spas in my legs and everything previous to my last one came back -.well they found lesions on the brain this last time and confirmed it.well ive been on the tm website for many years and educated myself well and have done battle with the ins companies and therapy units that have thrown me out because of a lack of improvment,so im very much aware of what the deal is with reguard to ms and how the system works.my next appt

im going to start some treatment options and see where it leads.can anyone tell me what treatments and meds you all take and what works well for you.jeffcentral ny

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Guest guest

hi, thanks for the welcome,im about 10 north of cooperstown in richfield springs,or 10 min south of thruway exit 30,in herkimer. i was in the army for 4 years,ive been to ft mclellan alabama,ft dix new jersey and ft bragg north carolina,i was in saudi from early jan91 to may91,this was with a combat unit out of utica.boy what a place that is over there,100s of miles of nothing,luckily we got out before the really hot weather hit,at night it would be freezing outside,i thought i was back in ny.i would love to have the heat your all having,i know i sound crazy,but i love the heat and love to sit in the sun,its so relaxing on my legs and im much more relaxed.it got up to near 100 degrees here this past summer and i was like a kid in a candy store,i loved it. ft drum,man do i have memories of that place.im very framiliar with that whole area up there.watertown hasnt changed a bit,but drum you would not believe how big that base has

become.over the past several years since they shut down griffis afb in rome in 95,drum just exploded.you got to realize theyve got their 10 th mountian div in iraq and afghanistan and they still have another brigade on the base,thats how huge this place is. i see you have some young ones,their great when their little,then they grow up and devlop attitudes,my only son started kindegarden this am and it breaks my heart,im getting old my wife tells me,i feel like im going on 100 somdays boy i tell ya,i really havnt figured out where im going yet as far as treatment,im considering a few options and exploring the medicine cabinet as far as whats out there.ive been considering betaseron/avonex,im taking a very cautious aproach because ive been through so many doctors and heard all the bs,i found a great neuro at albany med center and it seems like hes the only one that knows whats going on,i was lucky i found him,at least with ms i have some options open to me that i

didnt have before, you know what my opinion is.the hell with it,ive lived in my dam chair for 6 years im willing to try anything that works,the fear i had before is no more and i live day to day. sorry this is so long winded,i love to write when i get on a roll. write back soon jeffSmyelin groovy wrote:

HI Jeff! Welcome aboard! :o) Where in central NY are you? I lived in Watertown and on Fort Drum for several years at the end of the 80's and start of the 90's. I was on Fort Drum when the first Gulf War broke out. How long were you over there and where were you stationed? Which branch? My husband, , and I live in Arizona (I'd love for him to see New York someday!). We're in the northeastern part of the state and the temps are beginning to cool just a bit. Enough that our fans didn't run last night, at least. LOL We have four children, two boys and two girls. is 19½, is 16, Jenna is 6½ and Maya is 3. Do you have any specific treatments in mind for starting? I don't have a dx, but I think MS fits well with the symptoms I have.

They've been going for at least 7 to 10 years now. The Neuro I saw told me none of my symptoms were MS symptoms and, when discovering I was breastfeeding, decided that must be my problem ("it's a noble effort, but..."). LOL Yeah, no it wasn't and no it isn't. LOL said he feared for the doctor's safety when doc headed down that path. LMHO My Mother has MS. She's our fearless leader here on MSersLife. Sharon / Wobbletowalk. :o) Challis JEFF <jeffsmokeeater> wrote: hello everyone!let me introduce myself,i came to this web site looking for friendship and answers,much like the rest of you.i am a gulf war 1 vet and commander of a local veterans

organization,i have a wonderfull supportive wife and 4 children between 5 and 15.in feb 2000,i was doing the fireman thing,(im a former paramedic/firefighter)when i fell with about 60 lbs of fire equipment on and landed on my heels and had a shockwave go up through my legs and through my spinal chord.at first i shrugged it off as a pinched nerve and didnt think much about it.after a week i started getting tingling and numbness which started in the legs and went to about the mid waist and stopped.i started with the foot droop and began falling when i tried to walk,my mris found no dammage and i was baffeld.i must have seen a dozen neuros and no one would give me an answer(sound framiliar to you all).well over the summer of that year i became worse and wound up in a wheelchair.and the docs settled on tm as a dx,and being new to the disease i went through the niaeve stage and started listening to everything

i was being told.the depression hit me like a ton of bricks and it took me quite a while to get myself straightend out,i beat it with no meds and no shrink.last year i had a baclofen pump put in to reduce the spasticity which i had a bad time with,and a 3rd tap was done which came back + for all the junk that comes with ms and all i needed was another mri to confirm what i didnt want to hear.ive had many mris but was not able to lay flat due to the spas in my legs and everything previous to my last one came back -.well they found lesions on the brain this last time and confirmed it.well ive been on the tm website for many years and educated myself well and have done battle with the ins companies and therapy units that have thrown me out because of a lack of improvment,so im very much aware of what the deal is with reguard to ms and how the system works.my next appt im going to start some treatment options and see

where it leads.can anyone tell me what treatments and meds you all take and what works well for you.jeffcentral ny How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates. DIPLOMACY DOES NOTWORK WHEN DEALING WITHNUT'S HELL BENT ONDESTROYING US.

Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.

Guest guest

hi, thanks for the welcome,im about 10 north of cooperstown in richfield springs,or 10 min south of thruway exit 30,in herkimer. i was in the army for 4 years,ive been to ft mclellan alabama,ft dix new jersey and ft bragg north carolina,i was in saudi from early jan91 to may91,this was with a combat unit out of utica.boy what a place that is over there,100s of miles of nothing,luckily we got out before the really hot weather hit,at night it would be freezing outside,i thought i was back in ny.i would love to have the heat your all having,i know i sound crazy,but i love the heat and love to sit in the sun,its so relaxing on my legs and im much more relaxed.it got up to near 100 degrees here this past summer and i was like a kid in a candy store,i loved it. ft drum,man do i have memories of that place.im very framiliar with that whole area up there.watertown hasnt changed a bit,but drum you would not believe how big that base has

become.over the past several years since they shut down griffis afb in rome in 95,drum just exploded.you got to realize theyve got their 10 th mountian div in iraq and afghanistan and they still have another brigade on the base,thats how huge this place is. i see you have some young ones,their great when their little,then they grow up and devlop attitudes,my only son started kindegarden this am and it breaks my heart,im getting old my wife tells me,i feel like im going on 100 somdays boy i tell ya,i really havnt figured out where im going yet as far as treatment,im considering a few options and exploring the medicine cabinet as far as whats out there.ive been considering betaseron/avonex,im taking a very cautious aproach because ive been through so many doctors and heard all the bs,i found a great neuro at albany med center and it seems like hes the only one that knows whats going on,i was lucky i found him,at least with ms i have some options open to me that i

didnt have before, you know what my opinion is.the hell with it,ive lived in my dam chair for 6 years im willing to try anything that works,the fear i had before is no more and i live day to day. sorry this is so long winded,i love to write when i get on a roll. write back soon jeffSmyelin groovy wrote:

They've been going for at least 7 to 10 years now. The Neuro I saw told me none of my symptoms were MS symptoms and, when discovering I was breastfeeding, decided that must be my problem ("it's a noble effort, but..."). LOL Yeah, no it wasn't and no it isn't. LOL said he feared for the doctor's safety when doc headed down that path. LMHO My Mother has MS. She's our fearless leader here on MSersLife. Sharon / Wobbletowalk. :o) Challis JEFF <jeffsmokeeater> wrote: hello everyone!let me introduce myself,i came to this web site looking for friendship and answers,much like the rest of you.i am a gulf war 1 vet and commander of a local veterans

organization,i have a wonderfull supportive wife and 4 children between 5 and 15.in feb 2000,i was doing the fireman thing,(im a former paramedic/firefighter)when i fell with about 60 lbs of fire equipment on and landed on my heels and had a shockwave go up through my legs and through my spinal chord.at first i shrugged it off as a pinched nerve and didnt think much about it.after a week i started getting tingling and numbness which started in the legs and went to about the mid waist and stopped.i started with the foot droop and began falling when i tried to walk,my mris found no dammage and i was baffeld.i must have seen a dozen neuros and no one would give me an answer(sound framiliar to you all).well over the summer of that year i became worse and wound up in a wheelchair.and the docs settled on tm as a dx,and being new to the disease i went through the niaeve stage and started listening to everything

i was being told.the depression hit me like a ton of bricks and it took me quite a while to get myself straightend out,i beat it with no meds and no shrink.last year i had a baclofen pump put in to reduce the spasticity which i had a bad time with,and a 3rd tap was done which came back + for all the junk that comes with ms and all i needed was another mri to confirm what i didnt want to hear.ive had many mris but was not able to lay flat due to the spas in my legs and everything previous to my last one came back -.well they found lesions on the brain this last time and confirmed it.well ive been on the tm website for many years and educated myself well and have done battle with the ins companies and therapy units that have thrown me out because of a lack of improvment,so im very much aware of what the deal is with reguard to ms and how the system works.my next appt im going to start some treatment options and see

where it leads.can anyone tell me what treatments and meds you all take and what works well for you.jeffcentral ny How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates. DIPLOMACY DOES NOTWORK WHEN DEALING WITHNUT'S HELL BENT ONDESTROYING US.

Guest guest

Hi Jeff I use to work with several who were at the Gulf war.

Their are some typical troubles that go along with MS. Ms treats us all

differently so not everyone has the same troubles. My biggest trouble

with mine and I call it my MS curse is heat. I love warm weather but my

MS hates it. After I have been out in the heat too long it messes with

my legs. I end up feeling like I am standing in cement. I lost all of my

balance when my MS hit me so I use a walker all the time. I keep my

wheelchair in my truck for when I go places. I had a hand control put on

my truck to help with my weak legs. I have short term memory with my MS.

I keep good notes these day's. I often get in trouble with my wife

because when someone calls I will sometimes forget to let Judy know she

had a call. I also have bladder trouble and take Ditropan to help out. I

am also a type 1 diabetic and take 2 insulin shots a day and I take a

daily shot of Copaxone for my MS. I do great with the Copaxone and have

never had any side effects from it.

The MS meds for MS are very expensive so thank goodness for insurance.

If you haven't been diagnosed with MS yet you may have trouble getting a

ny insurance company to cover MS meds because of the cost.

Bill

jeff bernier wrote:

> hi,

> thanks for the welcome,im about 10 north of cooperstown in richfield

> springs,or 10 min south of thruway exit 30,in herkimer.

> i was in the army for 4 years,ive been to ft mclellan alabama,ft dix

> new jersey and ft bragg north carolina,i was in saudi from early jan91

> to may91,this was with a combat unit out of utica.boy what a place

> that is over there,100s of miles of nothing,luckily we got out before

> the really hot weather hit,at night it would be freezing outside,i

> thought i was back in ny.i would love to have the heat your all

> having,i know i sound crazy,but i love the heat and love to sit in the

> sun,its so relaxing on my legs and im much more relaxed.it got up to

> near 100 degrees here this past summer and i was like a kid in a candy

> store,i loved it.

> ft drum,man do i have memories of that place.im very framiliar with

> that whole area up there.watertown hasnt changed a bit,but drum you

> would not believe how big that base has become.over the past several

> years since they shut down griffis afb in rome in 95,drum just

> exploded.you got to realize theyve got their 10 th mountian div in

> iraq and afghanistan and they still have another brigade on the

> base,thats how huge this place is.

> i see you have some young ones,their great when their little,then they

> grow up and devlop attitudes,my only son started kindegarden this am

> and it breaks my heart,im getting old my wife tells me,i feel like im

> going on 100 somdays boy i tell ya,i really havnt figured out where im

> going yet as far as treatment,im considering a few options and

> exploring the medicine cabinet as far as whats out there.ive been

> considering betaseron/avonex,im taking a very cautious aproach because

> ive been through so many doctors and heard all the bs,i found a great

> neuro at albany med center and it seems like hes the only one that

> knows whats going on,i was lucky i found him,at least with ms i have

> some options open to me that i didnt have before,

> you know what my opinion is.the hell with it,ive lived in my dam chair

> for 6 years im willing to try anything that works,the fear i had

> before is no more and i live day to day.

> sorry this is so long winded,i love to write when i get on a roll.

> write back soon

> jeff

>

> */Smyelin groovy /* wrote:

>

> HI Jeff!

> Welcome aboard! :o)

> Where in central NY are you? I lived in Watertown and on Fort Drum

> for several years at the end of the 80's and start of the 90's. I

> was on Fort Drum when the first Gulf War broke out. How long were

> you over there and where were you stationed? Which branch?

> My husband, , and I live in Arizona (I'd love for him to see

> New York someday!). We're in the northeastern part of the state

> and the temps are beginning to cool just a bit. Enough that our

> fans didn't run last night, at least. LOL We have four children,

> two boys and two girls. is 19½, is 16, Jenna is 6½ and

> Maya is 3.

> Do you have any specific treatments in mind for starting?

> I don't have a dx, but I think MS fits well with the symptoms I

> have. They've been going for at least 7 to 10 years now. The Neuro

> I saw told me none of my symptoms were MS symptoms and, when

> discovering I was breastfeeding, decided that must be my problem

> ( " it's a noble effort, but... " ). LOL Yeah, no it wasn't and no it

> isn't. LOL said he feared for the doctor's safety when doc

> headed down that path. LMHO

> My Mother has MS. She's our fearless leader here on MSersLife.

> Sharon / Wobbletowalk. :o)

> Challis

>

>

> */JEFF /* wrote:

>

> hello everyone!

> let me introduce myself,

> i came to this web site looking for friendship and

> answers,much like

> the rest of you.

> i am a gulf war 1 vet and commander of a local veterans

> organization,i have a wonderfull supportive wife and 4 children

> between 5 and 15.

> in feb 2000,i was doing the fireman thing,(im a former

> paramedic/firefighter)when i fell with about 60 lbs of fire

> equipment on and landed on my heels and had a shockwave go up

> through my legs and through my spinal chord.at first i

> shrugged it

> off as a pinched nerve and didnt think much about it.after a

> week i

> started getting tingling and numbness which started in the

> legs and

> went to about the mid waist and stopped.i started with the foot

> droop and began falling when i tried to walk,my mris found no

> dammage and i was baffeld.i must have seen a dozen neuros and

> no one

> would give me an answer(sound framiliar to you all).well over the

> summer of that year i became worse and wound up in a

> wheelchair.and

> the docs settled on tm as a dx,and being new to the disease i

> went

> through the niaeve stage and started listening to everything i

> was

> being told.the depression hit me like a ton of bricks and it

> took me

> quite a while to get myself straightend out,i beat it with no

> meds

> and no shrink.last year i had a baclofen pump put in to reduce

> the

> spasticity which i had a bad time with,and a 3rd tap was done

> which

> came back + for all the junk that comes with ms and all i

> needed was

> another mri to confirm what i didnt want to hear.

> ive had many mris but was not able to lay flat due to the spas

> in my

> legs and everything previous to my last one came back -.well they

> found lesions on the brain this last time and confirmed it.

> well ive been on the tm website for many years and educated

> myself

> well and have done battle with the ins companies and therapy

> units

> that have thrown me out because of a lack of improvment,so im

> very

> much aware of what the deal is with reguard to ms and how the

> system

> works.

> my next appt im going to start some treatment options and see

> where

> it leads.

> can anyone tell me what treatments and meds you all take and what

> works well for you.

> jeff

> central ny

>

>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

> How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone

> call rates.

>

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39\

663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>

>

>

>

>

> DIPLOMACY DOES NOT

> WORK WHEN DEALING WITH

> NUT'S HELL BENT ON

> DESTROYING US.

>

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman8/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39\

>

>

>

>

> Want to be your own boss? Learn how on

>

> Yahoo! Small Business.

> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=41244/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Jeff I use to work with several who were at the Gulf war.

Their are some typical troubles that go along with MS. Ms treats us all

differently so not everyone has the same troubles. My biggest trouble

with mine and I call it my MS curse is heat. I love warm weather but my

MS hates it. After I have been out in the heat too long it messes with

my legs. I end up feeling like I am standing in cement. I lost all of my

balance when my MS hit me so I use a walker all the time. I keep my

wheelchair in my truck for when I go places. I had a hand control put on

my truck to help with my weak legs. I have short term memory with my MS.

I keep good notes these day's. I often get in trouble with my wife

because when someone calls I will sometimes forget to let Judy know she

had a call. I also have bladder trouble and take Ditropan to help out. I

am also a type 1 diabetic and take 2 insulin shots a day and I take a

daily shot of Copaxone for my MS. I do great with the Copaxone and have

never had any side effects from it.

The MS meds for MS are very expensive so thank goodness for insurance.

If you haven't been diagnosed with MS yet you may have trouble getting a

ny insurance company to cover MS meds because of the cost.

Bill

jeff bernier wrote:

> hi,

> thanks for the welcome,im about 10 north of cooperstown in richfield

> springs,or 10 min south of thruway exit 30,in herkimer.

> i was in the army for 4 years,ive been to ft mclellan alabama,ft dix

> new jersey and ft bragg north carolina,i was in saudi from early jan91

> to may91,this was with a combat unit out of utica.boy what a place

> that is over there,100s of miles of nothing,luckily we got out before

> the really hot weather hit,at night it would be freezing outside,i

> thought i was back in ny.i would love to have the heat your all

> having,i know i sound crazy,but i love the heat and love to sit in the

> sun,its so relaxing on my legs and im much more relaxed.it got up to

> near 100 degrees here this past summer and i was like a kid in a candy

> store,i loved it.

> ft drum,man do i have memories of that place.im very framiliar with

> that whole area up there.watertown hasnt changed a bit,but drum you

> would not believe how big that base has become.over the past several

> years since they shut down griffis afb in rome in 95,drum just

> exploded.you got to realize theyve got their 10 th mountian div in

> iraq and afghanistan and they still have another brigade on the

> base,thats how huge this place is.

> i see you have some young ones,their great when their little,then they

> grow up and devlop attitudes,my only son started kindegarden this am

> and it breaks my heart,im getting old my wife tells me,i feel like im

> going on 100 somdays boy i tell ya,i really havnt figured out where im

> going yet as far as treatment,im considering a few options and

> exploring the medicine cabinet as far as whats out there.ive been

> considering betaseron/avonex,im taking a very cautious aproach because

> ive been through so many doctors and heard all the bs,i found a great

> neuro at albany med center and it seems like hes the only one that

> knows whats going on,i was lucky i found him,at least with ms i have

> some options open to me that i didnt have before,

> you know what my opinion is.the hell with it,ive lived in my dam chair

> for 6 years im willing to try anything that works,the fear i had

> before is no more and i live day to day.

> sorry this is so long winded,i love to write when i get on a roll.

> write back soon

> jeff

>

> */Smyelin groovy /* wrote:

>

> HI Jeff!

> Welcome aboard! :o)

> Where in central NY are you? I lived in Watertown and on Fort Drum

> for several years at the end of the 80's and start of the 90's. I

> was on Fort Drum when the first Gulf War broke out. How long were

> you over there and where were you stationed? Which branch?

> My husband, , and I live in Arizona (I'd love for him to see

> New York someday!). We're in the northeastern part of the state

> and the temps are beginning to cool just a bit. Enough that our

> fans didn't run last night, at least. LOL We have four children,

> two boys and two girls. is 19½, is 16, Jenna is 6½ and

> Maya is 3.

> Do you have any specific treatments in mind for starting?

> I don't have a dx, but I think MS fits well with the symptoms I

> have. They've been going for at least 7 to 10 years now. The Neuro

> I saw told me none of my symptoms were MS symptoms and, when

> discovering I was breastfeeding, decided that must be my problem

> ( " it's a noble effort, but... " ). LOL Yeah, no it wasn't and no it

> isn't. LOL said he feared for the doctor's safety when doc

> headed down that path. LMHO

> My Mother has MS. She's our fearless leader here on MSersLife.

> Sharon / Wobbletowalk. :o)

> Challis

>

>

> */JEFF /* wrote:

>

> hello everyone!

> let me introduce myself,

> i came to this web site looking for friendship and

> answers,much like

> the rest of you.

> i am a gulf war 1 vet and commander of a local veterans

> organization,i have a wonderfull supportive wife and 4 children

> between 5 and 15.

> in feb 2000,i was doing the fireman thing,(im a former

> paramedic/firefighter)when i fell with about 60 lbs of fire

> equipment on and landed on my heels and had a shockwave go up

> through my legs and through my spinal chord.at first i

> shrugged it

> off as a pinched nerve and didnt think much about it.after a

> week i

> started getting tingling and numbness which started in the

> legs and

> went to about the mid waist and stopped.i started with the foot

> droop and began falling when i tried to walk,my mris found no

> dammage and i was baffeld.i must have seen a dozen neuros and

> no one

> would give me an answer(sound framiliar to you all).well over the

> summer of that year i became worse and wound up in a

> wheelchair.and

> the docs settled on tm as a dx,and being new to the disease i

> went

> through the niaeve stage and started listening to everything i

> was

> being told.the depression hit me like a ton of bricks and it

> took me

> quite a while to get myself straightend out,i beat it with no

> meds

> and no shrink.last year i had a baclofen pump put in to reduce

> the

> spasticity which i had a bad time with,and a 3rd tap was done

> which

> came back + for all the junk that comes with ms and all i

> needed was

> another mri to confirm what i didnt want to hear.

> ive had many mris but was not able to lay flat due to the spas

> in my

> legs and everything previous to my last one came back -.well they

> found lesions on the brain this last time and confirmed it.

> well ive been on the tm website for many years and educated

> myself

> well and have done battle with the ins companies and therapy

> units

> that have thrown me out because of a lack of improvment,so im

> very

> much aware of what the deal is with reguard to ms and how the

> system

> works.

> my next appt im going to start some treatment options and see

> where

> it leads.

> can anyone tell me what treatments and meds you all take and what

> works well for you.

> jeff

> central ny

>

>

> How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone

> call rates.

>

>

>

>

>

> DIPLOMACY DOES NOT

> WORK WHEN DEALING WITH

> NUT'S HELL BENT ON

> DESTROYING US.

>

>

>

>

>

> Want to be your own boss? Learn how on

>

> Yahoo! Small Business.

> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=41244/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Jeff, I didn't think that was long-winded! lol You'll fit in well here as there are a few members who do the same. I'm not one of them, and don't you listen to anyone who would say otherwise. hehe I don't think I knew that the AFB in Rome had closed. Maybe I did and forgot. LOL I still have very good friends in Watertown. When I lived in Watertown, their family was across the street. Wonderful "Mother" who had twelve children. When I met them, they ranged in age from 16 to 42. Quite a family! :o) I must have driven near your town while up there. We had a member onlist who was from Herkimer. We haven't seen her for a long while though. While on Drum, my new neighbor upstairs (who quickly became a close friend) was from the Albany area and I was able to travel with her

once, to help her folks out at their bar and grill during some celebratory weekend in Rensalear (sp?). I managed to get to the Adirondacks once, and many times went down around Buffalo, as well as north and into Canada. Also did a lot of visiting beaches, fishing and whatnot, nearer me. People always ask if I saw "the city", but I never did go. I wonder why. When I was first on Drum, the "old post" was still running and the barracks there were the ones used. Slowly everything started moving to the "new" side, with only a few in the old barracks. They weren't stationed on Drum, but passing through if you will. I ended up in the new housing on Ft. Drum. That's where I was when my Mother visited. :o) I've noticed a lot of the 10th Mountain Division is in Afghanistan. I've seen Iraq, too, though it's Afghanistan which seems to draw our (mine

and my husband's) attention most anymore so we've been very aware of the large number from Ft. Drum. We've had quite a few friends and family go over, some more than once already of course. Two were in Kuwait, with one moving to Iraq. Most in Iraq. One was in Afghanistan and that's where we lost him. We have a few Vets onlist now, and I think each are combat Vets. Does the heat not bother your MS? That's great! How about the cold? I know a few seem to have trouble in the cold rather than heat. Our daytime temps have risen a bit again, and yesterday it was just into the 90ºs. We're really hoping the temps drop well within the next week or two, so our camping trip will be more enjoyable. LOL My Mother gets the really warm temps, as they're down around the greater Phoenix area. That's where we all came from. I like it much

better up here! LOL So do they and they're moving back to our little area. The "Northern Experience" (my Mom, brother, his wife and four children) all packed up a couple years ago and moved off to Alaska. Now they're back and wanting to live here again. I'm good with that! Oh, the first day of school? Always made me sad. Kindergarten and each grade after! LOL It didn't get any easier. We Homeschool now and have for a number of years. I still feel kinda sad when I see the Back To School sales out, even though we don't officially have that Back To School day. lol I'm glad to hear you have a Neuro you really like. That's great! :o) There are a lot of med options out there now and I wish you luck in deciding which is best for you. Challis jeff

bernier wrote: hi, thanks for the welcome,im about 10 north of cooperstown in richfield springs,or 10 min south of thruway exit 30,in herkimer. i was in the army for 4 years,ive been to ft mclellan alabama,ft dix new jersey and ft bragg north carolina,i was in saudi from early jan91 to may91,this was with a combat unit out of utica.boy what a place that is over there,100s of miles of nothing,luckily we got out before the really hot weather hit,at night it would be freezing

outside,i thought i was back in ny.i would love to have the heat your all having,i know i sound crazy,but i love the heat and love to sit in the sun,its so relaxing on my legs and im much more relaxed.it got up to near 100 degrees here this past summer and i was like a kid in a candy store,i loved it. ft drum,man do i have memories of that place.im very framiliar with that whole area up there.watertown hasnt changed a bit,but drum you would not believe how big that base has become.over the past several years since they shut down griffis afb in rome in 95,drum just exploded.you got to realize theyve got their 10 th mountian div in iraq and afghanistan and they still have another brigade on the base,thats how huge this place is. i see you have some young ones,their great when their little,then they grow up and devlop attitudes,my only son started kindegarden this am and it breaks my heart,im getting old my wife tells me,i feel like im going on 100

somdays boy i tell ya,i really havnt figured out where im going yet as far as treatment,im considering a few options and exploring the medicine cabinet as far as whats out there.ive been considering betaseron/avonex,im taking a very cautious aproach because ive been through so many doctors and heard all the bs,i found a great neuro at albany med center and it seems like hes the only one that knows whats going on,i was lucky i found him,at least with ms i have some options open to me that i didnt have before, you know what my opinion is.the hell with it,ive lived in my dam chair for 6 years im willing to try anything that works,the fear i had before is no more and i live day to day. sorry this is so long winded,i love to write when i get on a roll. write back soon jeffSmyelin groovy

<smyelingroovy> wrote: HI Jeff! Welcome aboard! :o) Where in central NY are you? I lived in Watertown and on Fort Drum for several years at the end of the 80's and start of the 90's. I was on Fort Drum when the first Gulf War broke out. How long were you over there and where were you stationed? Which branch? My husband, , and I live in Arizona (I'd love for him to see New York someday!). We're in the northeastern part of the state and the temps are beginning to cool just a bit. Enough that our fans didn't run last night, at least. LOL We have four children, two boys and two girls. is 19½, is 16, Jenna is 6½ and Maya is 3. Do you have any specific treatments in mind for starting? I don't have a dx, but I think MS fits well with the symptoms I have. They've been going for at least 7 to 10 years now. The Neuro I saw told me none of my symptoms were MS symptoms and, when discovering I was breastfeeding, decided that must be my problem ("it's a noble effort, but..."). LOL Yeah, no it wasn't and no it isn't. LOL said he feared for the doctor's safety when doc headed down that path. LMHO My Mother has MS. She's our fearless leader here on MSersLife. Sharon / Wobbletowalk. :o) Challis JEFF <jeffsmokeeater> wrote: hello

everyone!let me introduce myself,i came to this web site looking for friendship and answers,much like the rest of you.i am a gulf war 1 vet and commander of a local veterans organization,i have a wonderfull supportive wife and 4 children between 5 and 15.in feb 2000,i was doing the fireman thing,(im a former paramedic/firefighter)when i fell with about 60 lbs of fire equipment on and landed on my heels and had a shockwave go up through my legs and through my spinal chord.at first i shrugged it off as a pinched nerve and didnt think much about it.after a week i started getting tingling and numbness which started in the legs and went to about the mid waist and stopped.i started with the foot droop and began falling when i tried to walk,my mris found no dammage and i was baffeld.i must have seen a dozen neuros and no one would give me an answer(sound framiliar to you all).well over the summer of

that year i became worse and wound up in a wheelchair.and the docs settled on tm as a dx,and being new to the disease i went through the niaeve stage and started listening to everything i was being told.the depression hit me like a ton of bricks and it took me quite a while to get myself straightend out,i beat it with no meds and no shrink.last year i had a baclofen pump put in to reduce the spasticity which i had a bad time with,and a 3rd tap was done which came back + for all the junk that comes with ms and all i needed was another mri to confirm what i didnt want to hear.ive had many mris but was not able to lay flat due to the spas in my legs and everything previous to my last one came back -.well they found lesions on the brain this last time and confirmed it.well ive been on the tm website for many years and educated myself well and have done battle with the ins companies and therapy units that have thrown me

out because of a lack of improvment,so im very much aware of what the deal is with reguard to ms and how the system works.my next appt im going to start some treatment options and see where it leads.can anyone tell me what treatments and meds you all take and what works well for you.jeffcentral ny How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates. DIPLOMACY DOES NOTWORK WHEN DEALING WITHNUT'S HELL BENT ONDESTROYING US. Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.

All-new Yahoo! Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Guest guest

Hi Jeff, I am also a former Northern New Yorker, matter of fact still have a ton of stuff in storage over in Westmoreland. My hubby was born in Central Square and my son in Watertown, we've lived in Clayton, bay and Rome. Wanted to find a place in Herkimer but instead we've landed in WV. I like it here, homeschooling is a breeze compared to what NY makes you go through and the weather is pretty good all year 'round.

As far as MS meds goes, I take LDN, tried rebif and copaxone, hated them. LDN works for me!

Peace and Blessings

~*~ Akiba ~*~

Pragmatic Visionary

& Eternal Optimist!

http://yodamamma.blogspot.com/

http://www.solay-twinflames.com

-- Re: HELLO

hi,

thanks for the welcome,im about 10 north of cooperstown in richfield springs,or 10 min south of thruway exit 30,in herkimer.

i was in the army for 4 years,ive been to ft mclellan alabama,ft dix new jersey and ft bragg north carolina,i was in saudi from early jan91 to may91,this was with a combat unit out of utica.boy what a place that is over there,100s of miles of nothing,luckily we got out before the really hot weather hit,at night it would be freezing outside,i thought i was back in ny.i would love to have the heat your all having,i know i sound crazy,but i love the heat and love to sit in the sun,its so relaxing on my legs and im much more relaxed.it got up to near 100 degrees here this past summer and i was like a kid in a candy store,i loved it.

ft drum,man do i have memories of that place.im very framiliar with that whole area up there.watertown hasnt changed a bit,but drum you would not believe how big that base has become.over the past several years since they shut down griffis afb in rome in 95,drum just exploded.you got to realize theyve got their 10 th mountian div in iraq and afghanistan and they still have another brigade on the base,thats how huge this place is.

i see you have some young ones,their great when their little,then they grow up and devlop attitudes,my only son started kindegarden this am and it breaks my heart,im getting old my wife tells me,i feel like im going on 100 somdays boy i tell ya,i really havnt figured out where im going yet as far as treatment,im considering a few options and exploring the medicine cabinet as far as whats out there.ive been considering betaseron/avonex,im taking a very cautious aproach because ive been through so many doctors and heard all the bs,i found a great neuro at albany med center and it seems like hes the only one that knows whats going on,i was lucky i found him,at least with ms i have some options open to me that i didnt have before,

you know what my opinion is.the hell with it,ive lived in my dam chair for 6 years im willing to try anything that works,the fear i had before is no more and i live day to day.

sorry this is so long winded,i love to write when i get on a roll.

write back soon

jeffSmyelin groovy <smyelingroovy> wrote:

HI Jeff!

Welcome aboard! :o)

Where in central NY are you? I lived in Watertown and on Fort Drum for several years at the end of the 80's and start of the 90's. I was on Fort Drum when the first Gulf War broke out. How long were you over there and where were you stationed? Which branch?

My husband, , and I live in Arizona (I'd love for him to see New York someday!). We're in the northeastern part of the state and the temps are beginning to cool just a bit. Enough that our fans didn't run last night, at least. LOL We have four children, two boys and two girls. is 19½, is 16, Jenna is 6½ and Maya is 3.

Do you have any specific treatments in mind for starting?

I don't have a dx, but I think MS fits well with the symptoms I have. They've been going for at least 7 to 10 years now. The Neuro I saw told me none of my symptoms were MS symptoms and, when discovering I was breastfeeding, decided that must be my problem ("it's a noble effort, but..."). LOL Yeah, no it wasn't and no it isn't. LOL said he feared for the doctor's safety when doc headed down that path. LMHO

My Mother has MS. She's our fearless leader here on MSersLife. Sharon / Wobbletowalk. :o)

Challis

JEFF <jeffsmokeeater> wrote:

hello everyone!let me introduce myself,i came to this web site looking for friendship and answers,much like the rest of you.i am a gulf war 1 vet and commander of a local veterans organization,i have a wonderfull supportive wife and 4 children between 5 and 15.in feb 2000,i was doing the fireman thing,(im a former paramedic/firefighter)when i fell with about 60 lbs of fire equipment on and landed on my heels and had a shockwave go up through my legs and through my spinal chord.at first i shrugged it off as a pinched nerve and didnt think much about it.after a week i started getting tingling and numbness which started in the legs and went to about the mid waist and stopped.i started with the foot droop and began falling when i tried to walk,my mris found no dammage and i was baffeld.i must have seen a dozen neuros and no one would give me an answer(sound framiliar to you all).well over the summer of that year i became worse and wound up in a wheelchair.and the docs settled on tm as a dx,and being new to the disease i went through the niaeve stage and started listening to everything i was being told.the depression hit me like a ton of bricks and it took me quite a while to get myself straightend out,i beat it with no meds and no shrink.last year i had a baclofen pump put in to reduce the spasticity which i had a bad time with,and a 3rd tap was done which came back + for all the junk that comes with ms and all i needed was another mri to confirm what i didnt want to hear.ive had many mris but was not able to lay flat due to the spas in my legs and everything previous to my last one came back -.well they found lesions on the brain this last time and confirmed it.well ive been on the tm website for many years and educated myself well and have done battle with the ins companies and therapy units that have thrown me out because of a lack of improvment,so im very much aware of what the deal is with reguard to ms and how the system works.my next appt im going to start some treatment options and see where it leads.can anyone tell me what treatments and meds you all take and what works well for you.jeffcentral ny

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates. DIPLOMACY DOES NOTWORK WHEN DEALING WITHNUT'S HELL BENT ONDESTROYING US.