RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

new to group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks for the info but I already know about Dr. Sheila Horsley.

You didn't say how long you've seen her or if you're happy with her

or not. I saw her a couple of years ago and it was a nightmare.

She seemed pretty clueless to me. She was one of the first thyroid

docs that I saw and she didn't recognize typical thyroid symptoms in

me. I always had to wait several hours to see her and she was very

rushed and interrupted while treating me. The office visits were a

blur because she was in and out like a whirlwind. One time I

insisted that she return to the treatment room and slowly explain

things to me. She was irate and told me that for my next

appointment I should " bring someone with me who was bright " . I've

never been so insulted in my life. If all that wasn't bad enough,

she used her office and patients to network with her other business

in selling Melaleuca products.

I hope your experience is better.

Dana

> > Hi my name is Dana. I live in ville, TX and I'm new to

> this

> > group. Truth is, I'm new to online groups of any kind and I'm a

> > little confused with how it works. So I ask everyone to be

gentle

> > with me while I learn the ropes.

> >

> > I've suffered with hypothyroid symptoms my entire life but

wasn't

> > diagnosed until about 2 years ago when I was 43. By that time,

my

> > symptoms had gotten so bad that I became disabled and unable to

> > function. I was sleeping on average 20 hours a day and

sometimes

> I

> > would sleep 3 days in a row. The doctors I saw told me that I

was

> > sleeping because I was depressed and they prescribed every

> > antidepression/antianxiety medication that was available. When

> that

> > didn't work, they started giving me combinations of medications

> and

> > progressively larger dosages. These medications never worked so

> > without my doctor's advice, I took myself off everything and

> started

> > looking for answers for myself. I spent a lot of time on the

> > internet and read everything I could until I realized that I

> > probably had a thyroid problem.

> >

> > Once I was convinced of my thyroid problem, I needed to find a

> > doctor who would treat my condition. It was hard finding the

> right

> > doctor but I eventually did and she saved my life. She reframed

> my

> > situation and reassured me that anyone would be depressed if

they

> > were sleeping all the time. She put me on high dosages of

Armour

> > and added Cortisone to help with my adrenals. Over the last 2

> > years, she has adjusted my dosages and added suppliments and a

few

> > other medications. I'm now able to stay awake for the entire

day

> > but I still have setbacks especially with stress.

Unfortunately,

> > when I called yesterday to make another appointment with my

> doctor,

> > I found out that she died last week. Her death was sudden and

> quite

> > unexpected. I'm not sure what I'll do without her. I need to

> find

> > another good doctor who knows the thyroid.

> >

> > My son is also suffering with thyroid problems. I believe he

has

> > Hashimoto's but his treatment is the same.

> >

> > I'm excited about finding this group and I hope to be able to

> share

> > in the support and understanding as we all struggle towards

> wellness.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Guest guest

Quite a few people on the list travel to see Dr. . He is highly

recommended. I see him myself, flying in from San .

dgibb8 wrote:

<snip> I noticed

> that Dr. Steve from Lubbock is listed and I've highlighted

> his name to check into. He's not on my insurance so it would cost

> me more to see him and the drive may wipe me out.

>

> I found two other names on that list that look interesting. Dr.

> Devries out of Dallas and Dr. Bessie Owens from Mesquite.

> Does anyone have any information about these doctors?

>

<snip>

Guest guest

One of our members was seeing Sullivan, then she switched. We do not know why. We do not know anyone who is seeing Owens or DeVries. Two docs who may or may not be helpful to you are Horsley and Noble. Horsley will do the large doses of thyroid, but we do not know about the adrenal issues. Noble will treat adrenals, but we do not know about where he stands on thyroid dosing. All of this can change at any time. The board orders against Rose put a chill on docs who think outside of the box. Whomever you decide to see, please give us a full report. We make up our list based on feedback from folks like you. If you see a doc on the About list who is not on ours, there is generally a good reason for that. In the case of DeVries, we do not know which thyroid meds he is willing to Rx. If I find out he is willing to Rx Armour or Cytomel, I will put him on our list. A lot of the recommendations on About Thyroid are based on personal chemistry and bedside manner. That will do you no good if the doc is not willing to prescribe the right dose of the right thyroid meds for you. I do not bother to list docs who will Rx nothing but T4. I have removed some docs because they have an upper limit above which they will not prescribe. I have removed others, including one "Broda " doc, due to TSH

worship. When checking on which docs are in-network, make sure you call the doc's office and check. The provider directories are not kept up to date and are often padded with docs who left the network years ago. Like Rose, most of the better thyroid docs are not in any insurance networks. If your son is a pre-teen or younger, you will have a hard time finding a doc willing to treat him at all. As for , do call and check with their office about the insurance. There have been some recent changes. While some folks drive to Lubbock, I fly. It is not terribly expensive and saves the wear and tear on

me. dgibb8 wrote: Yes, my doctor was Dr. Rose and she will be very hard to replace. I've seen her office partner, Dr. Elmore once while Dr. Rose wasn't working during a couple of months last year. The office staff reassured me that Dr. Elmore was familiar with the same treatments and as a bonus she was a provider on my insurance. I gave her a try and it was a big mistake. Dr. Elmore reduced my dosages to a fraction and it wasn't long before my old symptoms started coming back. I found Dr. Rose on a site called www.thyroid.about.com where they have a list of "Top Docs" recommended for their treatment of the thyroid. I've returned to that list for another search. I noticed

that Dr. Steve from Lubbock is listed and I've highlighted his name to check into. He's not on my insurance so it would cost me more to see him and the drive may wipe me out.I found two other names on that list that look interesting. Dr. Devries out of Dallas and Dr. Bessie Owens from Mesquite. Does anyone have any information about these doctors?I was told by my compounding pharmasist that his wife has Hashimotos and sees a Physician Assistant by the name of Mike Sullivan who works for Dr. Freeman out of Tiena Health in Irving. Apparently, Mike sullivan worked with Dr. Rose at one time. Does anyone know him?Thanks,Dana-- In Texas_Thyroid_Groups , Jan wrote:>> Were you a patient of Fran Rose? She would indeed be hard to replace. > > Log onto our site

and look in "Files". We have a doctor list which we keep very well updated. Unless Dr. Elmore can be persuaded to keep you on the protocols your doc started, including the cortisone, there is no doc in the DFW area we can recommend at this time. The large doses of Armour are not a problem. But the adrenal issues are.> > Quite a few of us travel to Lubbock to see Dr. .> > If you have trouble navigating the site, email me privately and I will send you a copy of our doctor list.> > Jan > > > dgibb8 wrote:> Hi my name is Dana. I live in ville, TX and I'm new to this > group. Truth is, I'm new to online groups of any kind and I'm a > little confused with how it works. So I ask everyone to be gentle > with me

while I learn the ropes. > > I've suffered with hypothyroid symptoms my entire life but wasn't > diagnosed until about 2 years ago when I was 43. By that time, my > symptoms had gotten so bad that I became disabled and unable to > function. I was sleeping on average 20 hours a day and sometimes I > would sleep 3 days in a row. The doctors I saw told me that I was > sleeping because I was depressed and they prescribed every > antidepression/antianxiety medication that was available. When that > didn't work, they started giving me combinations of medications and > progressively larger dosages. These medications never worked so > without my doctor's advice, I took myself off everything and started > looking for answers for myself. I spent a lot of time on the > internet and read everything I could until I realized that I > probably

had a thyroid problem.> > Once I was convinced of my thyroid problem, I needed to find a > doctor who would treat my condition. It was hard finding the right > doctor but I eventually did and she saved my life. She reframed my > situation and reassured me that anyone would be depressed if they > were sleeping all the time. She put me on high dosages of Armour > and added Cortisone to help with my adrenals. Over the last 2 > years, she has adjusted my dosages and added suppliments and a few > other medications. I'm now able to stay awake for the entire day > but I still have setbacks especially with stress. Unfortunately, > when I called yesterday to make another appointment with my doctor, > I found out that she died last week. Her death was sudden and quite > unexpected. I'm not sure what I'll do without her. I need to

find > another good doctor who knows the thyroid. > > My son is also suffering with thyroid problems. I believe he has > Hashimoto's but his treatment is the same.> > I'm excited about finding this group and I hope to be able to share > in the support and understanding as we all struggle towards wellness.

Relax. Yahoo! Mail virus scanning helps detect nasty viruses!

Guest guest

OMG! I have heard similar tales in the past about the office being poorly run, but not that behavior on the part of the doc. I have been told that in more recent times, things are better. . . .with the office. One of my sources just sent me a message about DeVries: he prescribes $ynthroid in low doses. dgibb8 wrote: Thanks for the info but I already know about Dr. Sheila Horsley. You didn't say how long you've seen her or if you're happy with her or not. I saw her a couple of years ago and it was a nightmare. She seemed pretty clueless to me. She was one of

the first thyroid docs that I saw and she didn't recognize typical thyroid symptoms in me. I always had to wait several hours to see her and she was very rushed and interrupted while treating me. The office visits were a blur because she was in and out like a whirlwind. One time I insisted that she return to the treatment room and slowly explain things to me. She was irate and told me that for my next appointment I should "bring someone with me who was bright". I've never been so insulted in my life. If all that wasn't bad enough, she used her office and patients to network with her other business in selling Melaleuca products. I hope your experience is better.Dana> > Hi my name is Dana. I live in ville, TX and I'm new to > this > > group. Truth is, I'm new to online groups of any kind and I'm a > > little confused with how it works. So I ask everyone to be gentle > > with me while I learn the ropes. > > > > I've suffered with hypothyroid symptoms my entire life but wasn't > > diagnosed until about 2 years ago when I was 43. By that

time, my > > symptoms had gotten so bad that I became disabled and unable to > > function. I was sleeping on average 20 hours a day and sometimes > I > > would sleep 3 days in a row. The doctors I saw told me that I was > > sleeping because I was depressed and they prescribed every > > antidepression/antianxiety medication that was available. When > that > > didn't work, they started giving me combinations of medications > and > > progressively larger dosages. These medications never worked so > > without my doctor's advice, I took myself off everything and > started > > looking for answers for myself. I spent a lot of time on the > > internet and read everything I could until I realized that I > > probably had a thyroid problem.> > > > Once I was convinced of my thyroid problem, I

needed to find a > > doctor who would treat my condition. It was hard finding the > right > > doctor but I eventually did and she saved my life. She reframed > my > > situation and reassured me that anyone would be depressed if they > > were sleeping all the time. She put me on high dosages of Armour > > and added Cortisone to help with my adrenals. Over the last 2 > > years, she has adjusted my dosages and added suppliments and a few > > other medications. I'm now able to stay awake for the entire day > > but I still have setbacks especially with stress. Unfortunately, > > when I called yesterday to make another appointment with my > doctor, > > I found out that she died last week. Her death was sudden and > quite > > unexpected. I'm not sure what I'll do without her. I

need to > find > > another good doctor who knows the thyroid. > > > > My son is also suffering with thyroid problems. I believe he has > > Hashimoto's but his treatment is the same.> > > > I'm excited about finding this group and I hope to be able to > share > > in the support and understanding as we all struggle towards > wellness.

Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, more on new and used cars.

Guest guest

On the subject of Dr Horsley. She must have gotten a little better. My experience sounds a lot better.

I have been seeing her since early Nov. The very first time I saw her the introduction went like this....She comes in the exam room and says "Hello, I'm Dr Horsley,....you have a thyroid problem, don't you?" I said "NO I don't. Well, not that I know of." Then after she sat down she proceeded to point out several thyroid symptoms that I had. Dry hair, very dry skin, I was fatigued, I had low body temp, low end bp and pulse, brain fog, overweight. There were a few others that she mentioned that I can't remember now. It was a long list. She said she wouldn't do anything without labs. So we ran labs and they came back showing hyperthyroidism. She gave me a choice between natural methods or using drugs. I went for a combination of both. But I had problems with the drugs and told her I wanted to just stick with the vitamins for now. She conceded. My labs have come down a little and I am feeling much better. So we are riding the wave so to speak.

On the Melaleuca products....She has only mentioned them once. And I have had five visits so far. I didn't know she actually sold them until I read your message. And she hasn't been rude with me either. I wouldn't put up with it. Like you I would be down the road in a heartbeat.

And yes I will concede that it is a long wait. You can call and schedule an appt. and get in pretty quick. But once you show up for an appt it is a long wait. The longest I have been there is the first visit and it lasted right at four hours. The last two have averaged three hours. The only way I am ok with this is I have a sister in law that has cancer. And we have spent an average of 8 hours for an oncology visit. So that has probably de-sensitized me a little. I don't care about the wait as long as they don't rush me when I get in with the dr.

When she is in with me she answers all my questions to my satisfaction. There are distractions....nurse popping for a script to be signed, pharmacy calling and HAS to speak with the dr. I always bring a list of my questions and concerns. And I will work my way down the list. I will and have had to snag drs as they think we're done and they get up to leave. I just say "hey, I'm not done yet." They usually sit back down and we continue. On my last visit I had a lot of questions/concerns about a sonogram done the previous month. In all she spent about an hour going over it with me.

Overall I am satisfied with seeing her. She is open to discuss alternative treatments and try new things. On the last visit (the same as the sono discussions) I went in requesting certain labs - FT3 and FT4 and the antibody tests. She let me set down with the nurse to make sure they ordered the ones I wanted. Even with working with the nurse, a repeat sonogram (in office), deep discussions with the dr, I was still out of there in just under three hours. I considered myself blessed!

The only thing I am concerned with is she is not that familiar with graves disease. When my labs came back as hyperT she said "Oh you have hyperthyroidism. It looks like you have graves disease." I have since found out that graves and hyperT are two different things. Although hyperT is a symptom of graves. Graves is actually the presence of antibodies (TSI) that overstimulate the thyroid and makes you hyperT. Dr Horsley didn't even know what the TSI ab test was for. But she did let me order them. And I do have them.

I hope she will be open to my educating her about graves disease. If I start running into road blocks with her, then I will be off in search of another dr. But I understand it is hard to find a dr that truly knows anything about thyroid outside of a lab sheet. Much less what the importance is of getting the free T's ordered. Then even harder is finding a dr that will treat/monitor hyperT without pushing RAI. Then even harder is finding a dr that understands graves and hyperT are two different things. It will be a tough hunt.

So in the long run....If Dr Horsley is open for some education from a patient, then I'll be with her for a while. I am so sorry your experience was so bad.

Sorry, this was so long,

Kim M.

aka Hyperkim

PS. I am still amazed that she recognized thyroid symptoms in me within seconds of setting eyes on me. (No other dr has ever mentioned thyroid problems to me.) She must have been working on that one in the last couple of years.

Guest guest

Jan,

Thanks for all the great info. I'll gladly report on any good

doctor I find but it may be a while actually finding one. I've been

through this before and I'm not looking forward to the search. I'm

getting discouranged already.

I was so comfortable with Dr. Rose that I got lazy. I let go of all

the details because I knew that she understood so well.

I may end up with Dr. R in Lubbock because it sounds like a lot of

people like him. I still want to find someone closer if I can

because flying from ville is impractical and it looks too far

for me to drive.

> > Hi my name is Dana. I live in ville, TX and I'm new to

> this

> > group. Truth is, I'm new to online groups of any kind and I'm a

> > little confused with how it works. So I ask everyone to be

gentle

> > with me while I learn the ropes.

> >

> > I've suffered with hypothyroid symptoms my entire life but

wasn't

> > diagnosed until about 2 years ago when I was 43. By that time,

my

> > symptoms had gotten so bad that I became disabled and unable to

> > function. I was sleeping on average 20 hours a day and

sometimes

> I

> > would sleep 3 days in a row. The doctors I saw told me that I

was

> > sleeping because I was depressed and they prescribed every

> > antidepression/antianxiety medication that was available. When

> that

> > didn't work, they started giving me combinations of medications

> and

> > progressively larger dosages. These medications never worked so

> > without my doctor's advice, I took myself off everything and

> started

> > looking for answers for myself. I spent a lot of time on the

> > internet and read everything I could until I realized that I

> > probably had a thyroid problem.

> >

> > Once I was convinced of my thyroid problem, I needed to find a

> > doctor who would treat my condition. It was hard finding the

> right

> > doctor but I eventually did and she saved my life. She reframed

> my

> > situation and reassured me that anyone would be depressed if

they

> > were sleeping all the time. She put me on high dosages of

Armour

> > and added Cortisone to help with my adrenals. Over the last 2

> > years, she has adjusted my dosages and added suppliments and a

few

> > other medications. I'm now able to stay awake for the entire

day

> > but I still have setbacks especially with stress.

Unfortunately,

> > when I called yesterday to make another appointment with my

> doctor,

> > I found out that she died last week. Her death was sudden and

> quite

> > unexpected. I'm not sure what I'll do without her. I need to

> find

> > another good doctor who knows the thyroid.

> >

> > My son is also suffering with thyroid problems. I believe he

has

> > Hashimoto's but his treatment is the same.

> >

> > I'm excited about finding this group and I hope to be able to

> share

> > in the support and understanding as we all struggle towards

> wellness.

>

> ---------------------------------

> Relax. Yahoo! Mail virus scanning helps detect nasty viruses!

>

Guest guest

I just took a look at Mapquest. They say it is 4 hours and 45 minutes from ville to Lubbock. That does not sound too bad to me. Dana wrote: Jan,Thanks for all the great info. I'll gladly report on any good doctor I find but it may be a while actually finding one. I've been through this before and I'm not looking forward to the search. I'm getting discouranged already.I was so comfortable with Dr. Rose that I got lazy. I let go of all the details because I knew that she understood so well. I may end up with Dr. R in Lubbock because it sounds like a lot of people like him. I still want to find someone closer if I can because flying from ville is impractical

and it looks too far for me to drive. > > Hi my name is Dana. I live in ville, TX and I'm new to > this > > group. Truth is, I'm new to online groups of any kind and I'm a > > little confused with how it works. So I ask everyone to be gentle > > with me while I learn the ropes. > > > > I've suffered with hypothyroid symptoms my entire life but wasn't > > diagnosed until about 2 years ago when I was 43. By that time, my > > symptoms had gotten

so bad that I became disabled and unable to > > function. I was sleeping on average 20 hours a day and sometimes > I > > would sleep 3 days in a row. The doctors I saw told me that I was > > sleeping because I was depressed and they prescribed every > > antidepression/antianxiety medication that was available. When > that > > didn't work, they started giving me combinations of medications > and > > progressively larger dosages. These medications never worked so > > without my doctor's advice, I took myself off everything and > started > > looking for answers for myself. I spent a lot of time on the > > internet and read everything I could until I realized that I > > probably had a thyroid problem.> > > > Once I was convinced of my thyroid problem, I needed to find a > > doctor who would

treat my condition. It was hard finding the > right > > doctor but I eventually did and she saved my life. She reframed > my > > situation and reassured me that anyone would be depressed if they > > were sleeping all the time. She put me on high dosages of Armour > > and added Cortisone to help with my adrenals. Over the last 2 > > years, she has adjusted my dosages and added suppliments and a few > > other medications. I'm now able to stay awake for the entire day > > but I still have setbacks especially with stress. Unfortunately, > > when I called yesterday to make another appointment with my > doctor, > > I found out that she died last week. Her death was sudden and > quite > > unexpected. I'm not sure what I'll do without her. I need to > find > > another good

doctor who knows the thyroid. > > > > My son is also suffering with thyroid problems. I believe he has > > Hashimoto's but his treatment is the same.> > > > I'm excited about finding this group and I hope to be able to > share > > in the support and understanding as we all struggle towards > wellness.

Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, more on new and used cars.

Guest guest

Kim,

It sounds like Dr. Horsley has learned a lot about the thyroid in

the last couple of years. I saw her about three years ago and she

didn't recognize my lack of concentration, poor memory and

depression as being a thyroid problem. I had all the other classic

symptoms too. She decided that in my case a strong dose of

Wellbutrin would work wonders. Well she was wrong. Then during my

last appointment, she gave me samples of Geodon which is a medicine

used for the treatment of schizophrenia. I wasn't thinking too

clearly back then but at least I knew enough to get out of there

when I did.

Even with your great endorsement of Dr. Horsley, I probably won't go

see her again. I'm glad that she's treating you well though.

Dana

>

> On the subject of Dr Horsley. She must have gotten a little

better. My

> experience sounds a lot better.

>

> I have been seeing her since early Nov. The very first time I saw

her the

> introduction went like this....She comes in the exam room and

says " Hello, I'm

> Dr Horsley,....you have a thyroid problem, don't you? " I said " NO

I don't.

> Well, not that I know of. " Then after she sat down she proceeded

to point

> out several thyroid symptoms that I had. Dry hair, very dry

skin, I was

> fatigued, I had low body temp, low end bp and pulse, brain fog,

overweight. There

> were a few others that she mentioned that I can't remember now.

It was a

> long list. She said she wouldn't do anything without labs. So

we ran labs and

> they came back showing hyperthyroidism. She gave me a choice

between

> natural methods or using drugs. I went for a combination of

both. But I had

> problems with the drugs and told her I wanted to just stick with

the vitamins for

> now. She conceded. My labs have come down a little and I am

feeling much

> better. So we are riding the wave so to speak.

>

> On the Melaleuca products....She has only mentioned them once.

And I have

> had five visits so far. I didn't know she actually sold them

until I read

> your message. And she hasn't been rude with me either. I

wouldn't put up with

> it. Like you I would be down the road in a heartbeat.

>

> And yes I will concede that it is a long wait. You can call and

schedule an

> appt. and get in pretty quick. But once you show up for an appt

it is a

> long wait. The longest I have been there is the first visit and

it lasted right

> at four hours. The last two have averaged three hours. The only

way I am

> ok with this is I have a sister in law that has cancer. And we

have spent an

> average of 8 hours for an oncology visit. So that has probably

de-sensitized

> me a little. I don't care about the wait as long as they don't

rush me when

> I get in with the dr.

>

> When she is in with me she answers all my questions to my

satisfaction.

> There are distractions....nurse popping for a script to be

signed, pharmacy

> calling and HAS to speak with the dr. I always bring a list of

my questions and

> concerns. And I will work my way down the list. I will and have

had to snag

> drs as they think we're done and they get up to leave. I just

say " hey, I'm

> not done yet. " They usually sit back down and we continue. On

my last

> visit I had a lot of questions/concerns about a sonogram done the

previous month.

> In all she spent about an hour going over it with me.

>

> Overall I am satisfied with seeing her. She is open to discuss

alternative

> treatments and try new things. On the last visit (the same as

the sono

> discussions) I went in requesting certain labs - FT3 and FT4 and

the antibody

> tests. She let me set down with the nurse to make sure they

ordered the ones I

> wanted. Even with working with the nurse, a repeat sonogram (in

office), deep

> discussions with the dr, I was still out of there in just under

three hours.

> I considered myself blessed!

>

> The only thing I am concerned with is she is not that familiar

with graves

> disease. When my labs came back as hyperT she said " Oh you have

> hyperthyroidism. It looks like you have graves disease. " I have

since found out that

> graves and hyperT are two different things. Although hyperT is a

symptom of

> graves. Graves is actually the presence of antibodies (TSI) that

overstimulate

> the thyroid and makes you hyperT. Dr Horsley didn't even know

what the TSI

> ab test was for. But she did let me order them. And I do have

them.

>

> I hope she will be open to my educating her about graves disease.

If I

> start running into road blocks with her, then I will be off in

search of another

> dr. But I understand it is hard to find a dr that truly knows

anything about

> thyroid outside of a lab sheet. Much less what the importance is

of getting

> the free T's ordered. Then even harder is finding a dr that will

> treat/monitor hyperT without pushing RAI. Then even harder is

finding a dr that

> understands graves and hyperT are two different things. It will

be a tough hunt.

>

> So in the long run....If Dr Horsley is open for some education

from a

> patient, then I'll be with her for a while. I am so sorry your

experience was so

> bad.

>

> Sorry, this was so long,

> Kim M.

> aka Hyperkim

>

> PS. I am still amazed that she recognized thyroid symptoms in me

within

> seconds of setting eyes on me. (No other dr has ever mentioned

thyroid problems

> to me.) She must have been working on that one in the last

couple of years.

>

Guest guest

Wow, I wish I was that close!

>

> I just took a look at Mapquest. They say it is 4 hours and 45

minutes from ville to Lubbock. That does not sound too bad to

me.

>

Guest guest

Hi Phyllis welcome to our group. I am still new to all of this myself but we have others here are very knowledgeable who will be able to help you. It is nice to meet you. I live in Lufkin.

Pickle

new to group

Hi - I'm Phyllis and I'm new. I was diagnosed 8 months ago with hypo after developing a goiter. Thought all the foggy-headed, forgetfulness, tiredness, etc. was perimenopause (I'm 51). I'm on Levoxyl (100) & need to switch or increase as I think the generic is not working since I've got all the symptoms back - except the goiter. Enough about me. My daughter is 22 and was diagnosed with Hashi's 4 years ago. She has gone through numerous doctors who told her she was "too young" to be given thyroid replacment to those who only treated her blood work (rather under-treated). For 5 years, she has been plagued with fatigue, sleeps too much, cannot loose weight while on 1200 calories a day along with 2-3 hours a day at the gym and now experiences depression several days a month. She is using a new nurse practitioner and was raised from .25 Synthroid to .75 a week ago. Also, was on 150 mg Wellbutrin and raised to 300 mg daily (150 2X day). She hit bottom last Wed. (after 6 days on the higher doses) with depression and going to work was all she could manage to do. Her NP told her to increase her Synthroid to 112.5 per day and wanted to add another anti-depressant (which she didn't do). Her blood work last week was :TSH 7.751 and her T3 uptake was 23 (range 24-39), free thyroxine index 1.6 (range 1.2-4.9) and T3 111 (range 85-205). You all are so smart, could you tell me if this new NP is on the right track? (Sorry this is so long). I appreciate your input. Phyllis

Guest guest

Increasing the medication is a good idea, but may not be the total solution. I have reservations about the use of anti-depressants. Many of us have had anti-depressants inapropriately shoved at us when what we needed was thyroid hormone, more thyroid hormone or a different thyroid hormone. I would not want to have an antidepressant prescribed by anyone except a psychiatrist with a specialization in medical psychiatry, if she does indeed need one. For folks whose depression is thyroid-related, anti-depressants do not help and might even make it worse. Even with the obsolete tests that the NP has run, I can see that both her T3 and T4 levels are very low in their ranges and her TSH much too high. Thyroid Manager states that the TSH goal for Hashi patients is between 0.3 and 1.0. Some docs who succssfully treat a lot of Hashi patients like it even lower than that, and the Free T3 and Free T4 in the upper half of their ranges or even near the top of their ranges. If you would like to email me privately and tell me your daughter's location I may be able to recommend a doctor who will adequately treat her. The sad truth is that most docs do not know how to treat hypothyroidism. Levoxyl is not a generic. It is a brand name, but it has a history of recalls for

potency issues, like $ynthroid. For those who use levothyroxine, we like Unithroid, also marketed as the Lannett generic. Unithroid has never had potency recalls under its current name or under its former name: "Thyrox." If you have lactose intolerance, then Levoxyl and Levothroid are your only choices for a T4 med. What you may need is highly individual. Quite a few of us are on Armour Thyroid, either by itself or together with levothyroxine. It is an extract from desiccated porcine thyroid glands and contains T3, T4 and trace amounts of all other naturally occurring iodothyronines. It is the older thyroid medication and most docs are not willing to prescribe it. I keep a list of docs who Rx Armour on our

site in "Files." I also list some docs who Rx synthetic T3. Is the NP on track? The NP does not know her elbow from a hole in the ground about thyroid. . . . . Phyllis wrote: Hi - I'm Phyllis and I'm new. I was diagnosed 8 months ago with hypo after developing a goiter. Thought all the foggy-headed, forgetfulness, tiredness, etc. was perimenopause (I'm 51). I'm on Levoxyl (100) & need to switch or increase as I think the generic is not working since I've got all the symptoms back - except the goiter. Enough about me. My daughter is 22 and was diagnosed with Hashi's 4 years ago. She has

gone through numerous doctors who told her she was "too young" to be given thyroid replacment to those who only treated her blood work (rather under-treated). For 5 years, she has been plagued with fatigue, sleeps too much, cannot loose weight while on 1200 calories a day along with 2-3 hours a day at the gym and now experiences depression several days a month. She is using a new nurse practitioner and was raised from .25 Synthroid to .75 a week ago. Also, was on 150 mg Wellbutrin and raised to 300 mg daily (150 2X day). She hit bottom last Wed. (after 6 days on the higher doses) with depression and going to work was all she could manage to do. Her NP told her to increase her Synthroid to 112.5 per day and wanted to add another anti-depressant (which she didn't do). Her blood work last week was :TSH 7.751 and her T3 uptake was 23 (range 24-39), free thyroxine index 1.6 (range 1.2-4.9) and T3 111 (range 85-205).

You all are so smart, could you tell me if this new NP is on the right track? (Sorry this is so long). I appreciate your input. Phyllis

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Phyllis,

I have Hashi's too. Jan is right about the depression and thyroid. I was hoping that an anti-depressant and anxiety medicine would help me, but it has not. I have taken them in the past and they have worked but not this time. My nutritionist says that no amount of anti-depressant will work if your thryoid is out of whack. I am convinced that getting on the right thyroid medication and at the right dose is the only way my depression and anxiety will get better (I am seeing new dr. this week to get on Armour).

Welcome to the group,

Re: new to group

Increasing the medication is a good idea, but may not be the total solution.

I have reservations about the use of anti-depressants. Many of us have had anti-depressants inapropriately shoved at us when what we needed was thyroid hormone, more thyroid hormone or a different thyroid hormone.

I would not want to have an antidepressant prescribed by anyone except a psychiatrist with a specialization in medical psychiatry, if she does indeed need one. For folks whose depression is thyroid-related, anti-depressants do not help and might even make it worse.

Even with the obsolete tests that the NP has run, I can see that both her T3 and T4 levels are very low in their ranges and her TSH much too high. Thyroid Manager states that the TSH goal for Hashi patients is between 0.3 and 1.0. Some docs who succssfully treat a lot of Hashi patients like it even lower than that, and the Free T3 and Free T4 in the upper half of their ranges or even near the top of their ranges.

If you would like to email me privately and tell me your daughter's location I may be able to recommend a doctor who will adequately treat her. The sad truth is that most docs do not know how to treat hypothyroidism.

Levoxyl is not a generic. It is a brand name, but it has a history of recalls for potency issues, like $ynthroid. For those who use levothyroxine, we like Unithroid, also marketed as the Lannett generic. Unithroid has never had potency recalls under its current name or under its former name: "Thyrox." If you have lactose intolerance, then Levoxyl and Levothroid are your only choices for a T4 med.

What you may need is highly individual.

Quite a few of us are on Armour Thyroid, either by itself or together with levothyroxine. It is an extract from desiccated porcine thyroid glands and contains T3, T4 and trace amounts of all other naturally occurring iodothyronines. It is the older thyroid medication and most docs are not willing to prescribe it. I keep a list of docs who Rx Armour on our site in "Files." I also list some docs who Rx synthetic T3.

Is the NP on track? The NP does not know her elbow from a hole in the ground about thyroid. . . . .

Phyllis wrote:

Hi - I'm Phyllis and I'm new. I was diagnosed 8 months ago with hypo after developing a goiter. Thought all the foggy-headed, forgetfulness, tiredness, etc. was perimenopause (I'm 51). I'm on Levoxyl (100) & need to switch or increase as I think the generic is not working since I've got all the symptoms back - except the goiter. Enough about me. My daughter is 22 and was diagnosed with Hashi's 4 years ago. She has gone through numerous doctors who told her she was "too young" to be given thyroid replacment to those who only treated her blood work (rather under-treated). For 5 years, she has been plagued with fatigue, sleeps too much, cannot loose weight while on 1200 calories a day along with 2-3 hours a day at the gym and now experiences depression several days a month. She is using a new nurse practitioner and was raised from .25 Synthroid to .75 a week ago. Also, was on 150 mg Wellbutrin and raised to 300 mg daily (150 2X day). She hit bottom last Wed. (after 6 days on the higher doses) with depression and going to work was all she could manage to do. Her NP told her to increase her Synthroid to 112.5 per day and wanted to add another anti-depressant (which she didn't do). Her blood work last week was :TSH 7.751 and her T3 uptake was 23 (range 24-39), free thyroxine index 1.6 (range 1.2-4.9) and T3 111 (range 85-205). You all are so smart, could you tell me if this new NP is on the right track? (Sorry this is so long). I appreciate your input. Phyllis

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

Phyllis,

I think Jan summed it all up. I got my life back with Armour. Meds are

individual but I know so many who have done much better with it. At

minimum she needs synthetic T3. T3 is the fuel your body needs. I'd be

depressed too with that TSH. I was diagnosed with Hashi's 2 years ago, but

have had symptoms ALL my life. Age doesn't matter. My almost eight year

old son has symptoms and a Free T4 in the dumps. So right now I'm having

to fight to get him treated. My doctor is hesitant because the " labs " are

where they need to be for her to diagnose. So we are going to run labs

again to get his antibodies(long story couldn't get much blood), with that

she will give him Armour. My poor nieces are not being treated for their

Hashi's. My oldest sister just got diagnosed and is fighting her doctor

for treatment.

Kate

At 01:49 PM 4/29/2006, you wrote:

>Hi - I'm Phyllis and I'm new. I was diagnosed 8 months ago with hypo

>after developing a goiter. Thought all the foggy-headed,

>forgetfulness, tiredness, etc. was perimenopause (I'm 51). I'm on

>Levoxyl (100) & need to switch or increase as I think the generic is

>not working since I've got all the symptoms back - except the goiter.

>Enough about me. My daughter is 22 and was diagnosed with Hashi's 4

>years ago. She has gone through numerous doctors who told her she

>was " too young " to be given thyroid replacment to those who only

>treated her blood work (rather under-treated). For 5 years, she has

>been plagued with fatigue, sleeps too much, cannot loose weight while

>on 1200 calories a day along with 2-3 hours a day at the gym and now

>experiences depression several days a month. She is using a new nurse

>practitioner and was raised from .25 Synthroid to .75 a week ago.

>Also, was on 150 mg Wellbutrin and raised to 300 mg daily (150 2X

>day). She hit bottom last Wed. (after 6 days on the higher doses) with

>depression and going to work was all she could manage to do. Her NP

>told her to increase her Synthroid to 112.5 per day and wanted to add

>another anti-depressant (which she didn't do). Her blood work last

>week was :

>TSH 7.751 and her T3 uptake was 23 (range 24-39), free thyroxine

>index 1.6 (range 1.2-4.9) and T3 111 (range 85-205). You all are so

>smart, could you tell me if this new NP is on the right track? (Sorry

>this is so long). I appreciate your input. Phyllis

Guest guest

Phyllis, I "third" the comments by Jan about depression, mood swings and thyroid. My dr. had me on Welbutrin for 3 years because my TSH was "within range," although I had symptoms of both hypo and hyper thyroid. I did not know enough at that time to ask the right questions. After finding a goiter, resulting in a Hashi's diagnosis, my endo kept me on Welbutrin and prescribed Synthroid . Although I did have some energy and a bit more mental clarity on Synthroid, it was when I stopped Sythroid and switched to Armour that I was able to drop the Welbutrin. I had wanted to try the Armour after reading about it (esp the T3 it provides), but had to find a different doctor that would work with me to give it a try. Good luck, and I hope you keep all of us posted! Cauley

wrote: Phyllis, I have Hashi's too. Jan is right about the depression and thyroid. I was hoping that an anti-depressant and anxiety medicine would help me, but it has not. I have taken them in the past and they have worked but not this time. My nutritionist says that no amount of anti-depressant will work if your thryoid is out of whack. I am convinced that getting on the right thyroid medication and at the right dose is the only way my depression and anxiety will get better (I am seeing new dr. this week to get on Armour). Welcome to the group, Re: new to group Increasing the medication is a good idea, but may not be the total solution.

I have reservations about the use of anti-depressants. Many of us have had anti-depressants inapropriately shoved at us when what we needed was thyroid hormone, more thyroid hormone or a different thyroid hormone. I would not want to have an antidepressant prescribed by anyone except a psychiatrist with a specialization in medical psychiatry, if she does indeed need one. For folks whose depression is thyroid-related, anti-depressants do not help and might even make it worse. Even with the obsolete tests that the NP has run, I can see that both her T3 and T4 levels are very low in their ranges and

her TSH much too high. Thyroid Manager states that the TSH goal for Hashi patients is between 0.3 and 1.0. Some docs who succssfully treat a lot of Hashi patients like it even lower than that, and the Free T3 and Free T4 in the upper half of their ranges or even near the top of their ranges. If you would like to email me privately and tell me your daughter's location I may be able to recommend a doctor who will adequately treat her. The sad truth is that most docs do not know how to treat hypothyroidism. Levoxyl is not a generic. It is a brand name, but it has a history of recalls for potency issues, like $ynthroid. For those who use levothyroxine, we like Unithroid, also marketed as the Lannett generic. Unithroid

has never had potency recalls under its current name or under its former name: "Thyrox." If you have lactose intolerance, then Levoxyl and Levothroid are your only choices for a T4 med. What you may need is highly individual. Quite a few of us are on Armour Thyroid, either by itself or together with levothyroxine. It is an extract from desiccated porcine thyroid glands and contains T3, T4 and trace amounts of all other naturally occurring iodothyronines. It is the older thyroid medication and most docs are not willing to prescribe it. I keep a list of docs who Rx Armour on our site in "Files." I also list some docs who Rx synthetic T3. Is the NP on track? The NP does not know her elbow from a hole in the ground about thyroid. . . . . Phyllis wrote: Hi - I'm Phyllis and I'm new. I was diagnosed 8 months ago with hypo after developing a goiter. Thought all the foggy-headed, forgetfulness, tiredness, etc. was perimenopause (I'm 51). I'm on Levoxyl (100) & need to switch or increase as I think the generic is not working since I've got all the symptoms back - except the goiter. Enough about me. My daughter is 22 and was diagnosed with Hashi's 4 years ago. She has gone through numerous doctors who told her she was "too young" to be given thyroid replacment to those who only treated her blood work

(rather under-treated). For 5 years, she has been plagued with fatigue, sleeps too much, cannot loose weight while on 1200 calories a day along with 2-3 hours a day at the gym and now experiences depression several days a month. She is using a new nurse practitioner and was raised from .25 Synthroid to .75 a week ago. Also, was on 150 mg Wellbutrin and raised to 300 mg daily (150 2X day). She hit bottom last Wed. (after 6 days on the higher doses) with depression and going to work was all she could manage to do. Her NP told her to increase her Synthroid to 112.5 per day and wanted to add another anti-depressant (which she didn't do). Her blood work last week was :TSH 7.751 and her T3 uptake was 23 (range 24-39), free thyroxine index 1.6 (range 1.2-4.9) and T3 111 (range 85-205). You all are so smart, could you tell me if this new NP is on the right track? (Sorry this is so long). I appreciate your input.

Phyllis Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.

Guest guest

The new doc in Lufkin that I just added, Dr. Kittley will treat children as young as five years.Kate Guynn wrote: Phyllis,I think Jan summed it all up. I got my life back with Armour. Meds are individual but I know so many who have done much better with it. At minimum she needs synthetic T3. T3 is the fuel your body needs. I'd be depressed too with that TSH. I was diagnosed with Hashi's 2 years ago, but have had symptoms ALL my life. Age doesn't matter. My almost eight year old son has symptoms and a Free T4 in the dumps. So right now I'm having to fight to get him treated. My doctor is hesitant because the "labs" are where they need to be for

her to diagnose. So we are going to run labs again to get his antibodies(long story couldn't get much blood), with that she will give him Armour. My poor nieces are not being treated for their Hashi's. My oldest sister just got diagnosed and is fighting her doctor for treatment.Kate

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

Guest guest

Hi ( & Larry) - Welcome to the group!

I was curious as to what Larry was actually diagnosed with? You mentioned

Epstein Barr, but I guess I am curious as to how he got SS benefits?

I'm surprised your docs keep 'mentioning' FM, but they don't actually put that

on your record, is that what you mean? What are they putting down? Sure sounds

like FM/CFS to me, but then again, I'm not a doctor!

You will find amazing people here, people you can relate to, vent to, get

excellent advice from............just hang in there. Hopefully, if you can tell

us the general area you are from, someone here can give you a good doc's name.

Good luck to you both,

STL Jane

mlrgq2 wrote: Hello there

everyone. My name is Radtke & I am new to this

group. I haven't officially been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, but

several doctors have mentioned it & when confronted with the actual

diagnosis, have avoided the issue & referred me to someone else. I

exhibit a lot of the symptoms - fatigue, muscle/joint pain (with &

without swelling), general body aches & pains, brain fog, IBS,

blurred vision, headaches (have had migraines since I can remember),

dexterity, muscle weakness, nausea, dizziness, & many others I'm sure

I've forgotten.

Guest guest

Hello,

I am very sorry about your son. It is great news that he is starting to sit on

his own. If there is one thing I have learned the last three months is to

rejoice in their accomplishments no matter how small or when they happen.

I contacted Dr. Dobyns in Chicago and sent him a package with the MRI scans

and all the reports from the doctors that we have seen. I also gave him a 150.00

" donation " to expidite the results. About a month later he got back to me and it

was great. He really clarified my son's condition, and about the risks for

future children. I think he has a colleague in your area. I cannot remember his

name right now. But, you may want to call Dobyn's office and ask. Dobyns is the

foremost expert in PMG and LISS. Type in Dr. Dobyns into google and it will take

you right to him.

Good luck and I hope this helps,

Traci

Joanne OGorman wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I joined this group because my son Riley who is 16mths old has pmg. I know

nothing at all about it, and was hoping someone could help me. My son also has

Dandy- syndrome. I don't know if any of you have heard of it but it is a

rare malformation of the brain. The DW was discovered when I had my 20wk u/s.

Riley has hydrocephalus and has a shunt. The pmg wasn't picked up until he was

born and he had mri. His doctors have never explained what pmg is and what it

will mean for Riley. The only thing I know is that epilepsy is common in people

with pmg, which my son has. He started having seizures after his shunt surgery.

Because of his dw his development is slow, he is just starting to sit by

himself. I would like to find out if the dw and pmg are related or are they two

totally separate things? He is a real mystery to the doctors and because it is

rare they don't see many cases,in fact I'm pretty sure he is the only one at

westmead children's

hosp.(sydney Aust.) Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Jo.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.yahoo.com

Guest guest

>I was just diagnosed with sinusitis and asthma this year.

Mine have been awful since the weekend.

But that's where it gets scarier. I was in the

> World Trade Center on 9/11. I got out of the building unharmed (at

> least as far as I knew.)

Did you see today's Daily News article about this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/08/28/2007-08-28_4_of_911_workers_developed\

_asthma_study.html

or try

http://tinyurl.com/2bm4ep

4% of 9/11 workers developed asthma: study

by Helen Kennedy

Tuesday, August 28th 2007, 4:00 AM

About 4% of workers who dug through the World Trade Center site have since

developed asthma, a new study shows.

That's 12 times the normal rate of adult onset asthma.

Worst hit were the rescue workers who arrived on Sept. 11 and Sept. 12,

2001, when the dust was thickest, sickening those who stayed longest, and

those who did not wear masks.

" The dust from the World Trade Center collapse appears to have had

significant respiratory health effects at least for people who worked at the

site, " said Frieden, New York City's health commissioner.

Previous studies have found up to 70% of 9/11 workers reported some kind of

respiratory problem.

The new findings were released yesterday by the city Health Department and

published in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives.

The large-scale survey of the more than 25,000 rescue and recovery workers

enrolled in Mount Sinai Medical Center's 9/11 registry found that 926, or

3.6%, had developed asthma since 2001.

" We estimated an expected count of 77 cases, " said the study authors, led by

Wheeler of the city Health Department.

The rate jumped to 7% for those who arrived on the scene earliest, stayed

longest and didn't wear masks.

Guest guest

Hey Sue,

Yeah, I saw that. So many people had worse exposure than I did. I

don't think people realize how many are sick and how many are going

to be. I was originally diagnosed at a clinic at Bellevue Hospital

set up by the hospital, the city and the Red Cross. It's for anybody

who was affected by 9/11, not just the rescue personnel. I first went

within the first couple of months when they opened up. I was really

impressed by how well it was done. But after a while, I couldn't get

follow up appointments for months. Which just goes to show you how

many are going there.

I started going back to my own doctor after that. He's a general

practitioner and a pulmonologist. He's been helping me a lot. But

things seem to continue to get worse.

My symptoms have been pretty bad over the last week too. The heat and

humidity seems to be a big trigger. But it's cooled off a bit in the

past few days and I'm still having problems. So I can't blame it for

everything!

n

>

> >I was just diagnosed with sinusitis and asthma this year.

>

> Mine have been awful since the weekend.

>

>

> But that's where it gets scarier. I was in the

> > World Trade Center on 9/11. I got out of the building unharmed (at

> > least as far as I knew.)

>

> Did you see today's Daily News article about this:

>

> http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/08/28/2007-08-

28_4_of_911_workers_developed_asthma_study.html

>

> or try

>

> http://tinyurl.com/2bm4ep

>

> 4% of 9/11 workers developed asthma: study

> by Helen Kennedy

>

> Tuesday, August 28th 2007, 4:00 AM

>

> About 4% of workers who dug through the World Trade Center site

have since

> developed asthma, a new study shows.

>

> That's 12 times the normal rate of adult onset asthma.

>

> Worst hit were the rescue workers who arrived on Sept. 11 and Sept.

> 2001, when the dust was thickest, sickening those who stayed

longest, and

> those who did not wear masks.

>

> " The dust from the World Trade Center collapse appears to have had

> significant respiratory health effects at least for people who

worked at the

> site, " said Frieden, New York City's health commissioner.

>

> Previous studies have found up to 70% of 9/11 workers reported some

kind of

> respiratory problem.

>

> The new findings were released yesterday by the city Health

Department and

> published in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives.

>

> The large-scale survey of the more than 25,000 rescue and recovery

workers

> enrolled in Mount Sinai Medical Center's 9/11 registry found that

926, or

> 3.6%, had developed asthma since 2001.

>

> " We estimated an expected count of 77 cases, " said the study

authors, led by

> Wheeler of the city Health Department.

>

> The rate jumped to 7% for those who arrived on the scene earliest,

stayed

> longest and didn't wear masks.

>

Guest guest

> My symptoms have been pretty bad over the last week too. The heat and

> humidity seems to be a big trigger. But it's cooled off a bit in the

> past few days and I'm still having problems. So I can't blame it for

> everything!

Well, allergy season has now started in the NYC area. Hubby and I have been

in agony since Sunday afternoon with runny noses, itchy, watery eyes, and my

ears have been so clogged I've been dizzy and practically deaf. Oh, yeah,

the congested cough has started up, too. Not so bad yet that I need any

rescue inhaler, but enough to disturb my sleep.

The kid hasn't been too bad, but he's been taking full advantage of the last

days of summer break and not having to leave the house so he hasn't been

exposed that much. It'll hit him in 2 weeks, after he's been back to college

for a few days. It's been like that every year since he was 6 years old

(he's now 23) and I doubt it's going to change anytime soon.

Sue in NJ

Guest guest

Sue what part of new jersey do you live in. My roommate brother lives in Rockaway NJ Sue in NJ wrote: > My symptoms have been pretty bad over the last week too. The heat and> humidity seems to be a big trigger. But it's cooled off a bit in the> past few days and I'm still having problems. So I can't blame it for> everything!Well, allergy season has now started in the NYC area. Hubby and I have beenin agony since Sunday afternoon with runny noses, itchy, watery eyes, and

myears have been so clogged I've been dizzy and practically deaf. Oh, yeah,the congested cough has started up, too. Not so bad yet that I need anyrescue inhaler, but enough to disturb my sleep.The kid hasn't been too bad, but he's been taking full advantage of the lastdays of summer break and not having to leave the house so he hasn't beenexposed that much. It'll hit him in 2 weeks, after he's been back to collegefor a few days. It's been like that every year since he was 6 years old(he's now 23) and I doubt it's going to change anytime soon.Sue in NJ

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.

Guest guest

Sue,

One of my ears is so clogged right now, I'm practically deaf! I never

made any connection with that and the other problems I'm having. I'm

supposed to see an ENT specialist on Thursday. I guess I'll be

finding out more.

I'm not sure if my asthma is related to allergies or not. I've never

been tested. But it just seems to be getting steadily worse since I

was diagnosed. I've been trying to hold off on going back to my

pulmonologist because I'm one of those idiots that thinks if you

ignore something, it will go away! But if this keeps going the way it

is, I think I'll be visiting him soon.

I'm sorry to hear that asthma is so prevalent in your family. But I

guess you guys can support each other to get through it.

n

>

> > My symptoms have been pretty bad over the last week too. The heat

and

> > humidity seems to be a big trigger. But it's cooled off a bit in

the

> > past few days and I'm still having problems. So I can't blame it

for

> > everything!

>

> Well, allergy season has now started in the NYC area. Hubby and I

have been

> in agony since Sunday afternoon with runny noses, itchy, watery

eyes, and my

> ears have been so clogged I've been dizzy and practically deaf. Oh,

yeah,

> the congested cough has started up, too. Not so bad yet that I need

any

> rescue inhaler, but enough to disturb my sleep.

>

> The kid hasn't been too bad, but he's been taking full advantage of

the last

> days of summer break and not having to leave the house so he hasn't

been

> exposed that much. It'll hit him in 2 weeks, after he's been back

to college

> for a few days. It's been like that every year since he was 6 years

old

> (he's now 23) and I doubt it's going to change anytime soon.

>

>

> Sue in NJ

>

Guest guest

I'm not Sue, but I'm in Central NJ. My son isn't having allergy problems now, but luckily he was away during the really hot and humid days - that would make his asthma worse.

Any recommendations for a pediatric asthma specialist in Central NJ?

Thanks,

Daphne

Sue what part of new jersey do you live in. My roommate brother lives in Rockaway NJ

Sue in NJ wrote:

> My symptoms have been pretty bad over the last week too. The heat and> humidity seems to be a big trigger. But it's cooled off a bit in the> past few days and I'm still having problems. So I can't blame it for> everything!Well, allergy season has now started in the NYC area. Hubby and I have beenin agony since Sunday afternoon with runny noses, itchy, watery eyes, and myears have been so clogged I've been dizzy and practically deaf. Oh, yeah,the congested cough has started up, too. Not so bad yet that I need anyrescue inhaler, but enough to disturb my sleep.The kid hasn't been too bad, but he's been taking full advantage of the lastdays of summer break and not having to leave the house so he hasn't beenexposed that much. It'll hit him in 2 weeks, after he's been back to collegefor a few days. It's been like that every year since he was 6 years old(he's now 23) and I doubt it's going to change anytime soon.Sue in NJ

Guest guest

> >

> > Hello everyone my name is I have been an asthmatic for

> > years now and i have it really bad. I have been interbated four

> times

> > and i find it to be very scared. I have lost my brother to his

> first

> > asthma attack in 2002. I have been on just about every

medication

> and

> > the only thing that seems to help is the predisone. I suffer

more

> in

> > the winter than in the summer. I hoping to relocate to georgia

to

> see

> > if that will help me get in under control.

> >

> > I would like every to just pray and try to keep a postive mind.

> Lets

> > support each other. I hope to be as much help as possible and

> make

> > new friends.

> >

> >

> > diamond332005@y...

> >

>