RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: What they say...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Did they call you delissional and crazy. All the psychartist I took my child to did. I wasnt' doing anything except telling them my child was not going to end up in a home I would find something to do for her. And I did. I even have people come to me and tell me the same story. They try to put you on medications too. The worse part is my life insurance sky rocketed and I couldn't afford the price so I went with another company and until just now do I realize what could be in my medical records. 55 is such a wonderful year. Everything on you falls apart the same time insurances want to drop you or raise your rates until you can't afford them. Until 2003 a lot of things were basically unavailable and unknown. The more the DAN doctors have conferences and the think tank new things come up that work for our kids. I just hope and pray that before another generation of kids are totalled they will look at the number of

vaccinations given. The toxins in the vaccines and quit vaccinating babies. Our kids are not healthier. God bless you all. and may God be with you and lead you and guide you.

-------------- Original message --------------

I have beat myself up> for waiting so long. > We are recovering but still have a ways to go.Don't beat yourself up over it. You did the bestyou could with what you knew. I had a developmental psychologist, with anautistic child tell me my son was fine. Thiskept me from seeking intervention sooner.My gut told me she was wrong, but it was what Iwanted to hear.__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Guest guest

No, gets straight Medicaid. He qualifies

because he receives SSI. There are waiver

programs in West Virginia, but they can be

difficult to get signed up on. I haven't applied

for him because we don't really need the extra

services and we don't need respite care the way

parents of more severely affected children would.

His school provides speech and OT services, but I

didn't let the school bill Medicaid for these

services. This way, I can seek extra services

outside the school system.

I'll pray a prayer of agreement with you for all

of our children. Dear Lord, I believe in your

power to heal and know you will heal our

children. Please guide us, as parents, to the

right therapies and interventions to make our

children well. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

--- AngelinaKennedy@... wrote:

> Kim, do you have anything like the mediwaver

> attached to your child's medicaid?? In FL they

> do. We are what is known as the miniwaver.

> (Believe it or not) They won't begin to pay.

> Is there a long waiting list in West Virginia.

> There is in FL about 800-900 on the waiting

> list. Took 8 years to get even the mini

> wavier. Not planing on moving but interested

> in what is going on in other states. I'm just

> thank ful that my daughter has a great doctor

> even if I have to work myself to death to pay

> for her. God bless you and be with you and

> lead and guide you through your entire

> marathon. We'll all pray for each other.

>

> --------- Re: What they say...

> >

> >

> > I wonder if there might be a site that

> > compares

> > state services.

> >

> > My coordinator for early intervention

> > services

> > has 2 children with special needs. She says

> > that

> > WV is one of the better states for early

> > intervention and medicaid waiver services. I

> > was

> > very happy with my early intervention

> > experience,

> > they gave me pretty much everything I asked

> > for.

> >

> > My son also receives Medicaid which has, so

> > far,

> > covered all of his DAN appts and meds

> > (although

> > not supplements, or MB12 spray).

> >

> > My ex lives in Florida and has a child that

> > has

> > suspected special needs (probably autism).

> > They've been on a waiting list for early

> > intervention for so long, his son's aged out

> > of

> > the program before getting to participate in

> > it.

> >

> > Kim

> >

> > PS My ex and I have an autistic child

> > together.

> > I have an autistic son with my 2nd husband,

> > and

> > my ex's son with his new wife is most

> > probably

> > autistic. No one can tell me there's no

> > increase

> > in autism.

> > --- Matt Howes

> > wrote:

> >

> > > Interesting points. It makes me

> > wonder....What

> > > state is best state to reside in? Who

> > offers

> > > the best services and opportunities for our

> > > kids with autism. With this said, we have

> > to

> > > ensure siblings who do not need special

> > needs

> > > service also receive the education they

> > most

> > > certainly deserve. How would we find this

> > > out?

> > >

> > > Matt

> > >

> > > Nora Middleton wrote:

> > > 40 hours a week of therapy is too

> > > much - he's just a baby.

> > > Oh but that diet is so restrictive poor

> > baby,

> > > you mean he can't have a little cheese.

> > > Did you know Einstein didn't talk 'till he

> > > was 5!

> > > He's going to talk when he's 4 thats just

> > how

> > > they are...

> > > Does he have any savant skills?

> > >

> > >

> > > It bothers me when people say... The

> > special

> > > needs kids are taking away from the school

> > > funds, we should have art, music and

> > science...

> > >

> > >

> > > I have problems with the fact people so

> > > readily discount all the time and effort

> > put

> > > into researching about Autism, all the

> > > therapies your child is attending and work

> > with

> > > biomedical treatments to help them feel

> > better.

> > >

> > >

> > > It bothers me that...The bare minimum

> > > standard (floor of opportunity) is offered

> > by

> > > school districts - when did the bare

> > minimum

> > > become the appropriate standard!

> > >

> > >

> > > It really bothers me that the school

> > > districts fight you tooth & nail with your

> > own

> > > tax dollars!

> > >

> > >

> > > Nora Middleton

> > >

> > >

> > > Thanks Stan - not sure if that is what you

> > > are looking for but it felt good to

> > say/write

> > > it!

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > On Jan 6, 2008, at 11:22 AM, Stan Kurtz

> > > wrote:

> > >

> > > I'm writing a piece called " They say "

> > > that addresses some of the most common

> > beliefs

> > > that

> > > the popular folks assert on us.

> > >

> > > What are some of the existing beliefs that

> > rile

> > > you up?

> > >

> > > Example: (It bothers me when people say...)

> > > Vaccines are always safe. or Autism

> > Treatment

> > > does not have enough science behind it. or

> > > Autism is genetic. or The rates are rising

> > > because of better diagnosis.

> > >

> > > Send me examples of things that have

> > bothered

> > > you and I will include as many good ones as

> >

>

=== message truncated ===

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Guest guest

yes regular mainstream things I see that, for things coded under medical things vereses DAN things. our DAN can do that as well in KC KS but we don't live there so we can't utilize that

Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking

Re: What they say...> > > I wonder if there might be a site that> compares> state services. > > My coordinator for early intervention> services> has 2 children with special needs. She says> that> WV is one of the better states for early> intervention and medicaid waiver services. I> was> very happy with my early intervention> experience,> they gave me pretty much everything I asked> for.> > My son also receives Medicaid which has, so> far,> covered all of his DAN appts and meds> (although> not supplements, or MB12 spray).> > My ex lives in Florida and has a child that> has> suspected special needs (probably autism). > They've been on a waiting list for early> intervention for so long, his son's aged out> of> the program before getting to participate in> it.> > Kim> > PS My ex and I have an autistic child> together. > I have an autistic son with my 2nd husband,> and> my ex's son with his new wife is most> probably> autistic. No one can tell me there's no> increase> in autism.> --- Matt Howes <matthewahowes>> wrote:> > > Interesting points. It makes me> wonder....What> > state is best state to reside in? Who> offers> > the best services and opportunities for our> > kids with autism. With this said, we have> to> > ensure siblings who do not need special> needs> > service also receive the education they> most > > certainly deserve. How would we find this> > out?> > > > Matt> > > > Nora Middleton <tikigalpacbell (DOT) net> wrote:> > 40 hours a week of therapy is too> > much - he's just a baby.> > Oh but that diet is so restrictive poor> baby,> > you mean he can't have a little cheese. > > Did you know Einstein didn't talk 'till he> > was 5!> > He's going to talk when he's 4 thats just> how> > they are... > > Does he have any savant skills?> > > > > > It bothers me when people say... The> special> > needs kids are taking away from the school> > funds, we should have art, music and> science...> > > > > > I have problems with the fact people so> > readily discount all the time and effort> put> > into researching about Autism, all the> > therapies your child is attending and work> with> > biomedical treatments to help them feel> better.> > > > > > It bothers me that...The bare minimum> > standard (floor of opportunity) is offered> by> > school districts - when did the bare> minimum> > become the appropriate standard!> > > > > > It really bothers me that the school> > districts fight you tooth & nail with your> own> > tax dollars!> > > > > > Nora Middleton> > > > > > Thanks Stan - not sure if that is what you> > are looking for but it felt good to> say/write> > it! > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I'm writing a piece called "They say"> > that addresses some of the most common> beliefs> > that > > the popular folks assert on us.> > > > What are some of the existing beliefs that> rile> > you up?> > > > Example: (It bothers me when people say...)> > Vaccines are always safe. or Autism> Treatment > > does not have enough science behind it. or> > Autism is genetic. or The rates are rising > > because of better diagnosis.> > > > Send me examples of things that have> bothered> > you and I will include as many good ones as> > > I can. Let your voice be heard.> > > > please email me at: autismbook1gmail> > > > Thanks.> > > > - Stan> > > > > > > > > > > > Nora Middleton> > tikigalpacbell (DOT) net> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your> homepage.> > >__________________________________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> > > > > === message truncated ===__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release Date: 1/10/2008 1:32 PM