RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: What they say...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

So true. My journal entry for that day was 'Trying To Convince The Masses That The World Is Not Flat But Round'. At the time I was still trying to understand what was going on and make sense of everything and I truly felt shaken that every medical professional I spoke with thought I should accept my son's condition and simply take him to his weekly Speech and OT therapy appointments. We had additonal dialogue where he tried to persuade me against biomedicine as a dangerous treatment option. I simply replied that it was no more of a dangerous option than treating an 16lb infant with 5 separate antibiotics concurrently to cure a marathon ear infection over a two month period with no subsequent treatment for yeast overgrowth or delay in vaccination schedules. We intend to prove this to him. We are on Day 40 of

Antiviral/Antifungal therapy and just received our 30 day lab results back. Our HHV-6 titer has dropped from 1:640 to 1:160 using biomedicine. I wonder what he will have to say about that:) Gayatri Rampal wrote: The silence is deafening. Until the rote and previously rehearsed reply comes forth "There is no connection..." at which point we tune out.Gayatri>> Ped: (Arrogantly) We are aware your son had Roselo as an infant and the current lab work states very accurately that it was a past infection. > > Mom: Then how do you explain the current High titer reading of 1:640 when the normal range is 1:10. Wouldn't that suggest that my son has a CURRENT infection? > > Ped: (Silence)> Ped: There is no connection between your son's autistic symptoms and a viral infection past or present.>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

I told my husband, I was going to use the psych evaluation to our advantage and keep on track with the biomed recovery plan. Under what conditions related to autism is a child eligible for SSI? Can you explain the application process? Thanks. Kim wrote: Okay, this is going to be slightly off topic, butdefinately therapeutic:I have 2 sons with autism. One is 22 one is 3. The 3 year old has had extensive biomed and novaccines.

Unfortunately, I didn't know aboutbiomed for my older son, and he was fullyvaccinated.Although they started on similar tracks, ie HFA,the 3 year old is miles ahead of where hisbrother was at this age, and I give all of thecredit to biomed, since both received traditionaltherapies. Just today, when I was getting my 3year old ready to go outside, he said "Mommyneeds gloves too." He's connecting more and moreevery day. When he was diagnosed, last Spring, he wasapproved for SSI in 10 days, based on his psycheval. Last month, he barely made it intodevelopmental preschool, because he was "tootypical".I have a friend who also has a 3 year old sonwith autism. Amoung other things, he sufferedfrom severe asthma, poor sleep patterns and legpain. The mother said they were too broke to dobiomed, so I took her a bag of epsom salts and anOT sleep protocol.She told me yesterday that he

hasn't had anasthma attack, and has been sleeping through thenight since she started epsom salt baths. Shealso added zinc and his leg pain is resolved.No one can tell me biomed doesn't work, so "they"can say anything they like. I know it works,I've seen the results.--- Gayatri Rampal <gayatri_rampalhotmail>wrote:> The silence is deafening. Until the rote and> previously rehearsed > reply comes forth "There is no connection..."> at which point we tune > out.> > Gayatri> > > > >> > Ped: (Arrogantly) We are aware your son had> Roselo as an infant > and the current lab work states very

accurately> that it was a past > infection. > > > > Mom: Then how do you explain the current> High titer reading of > 1:640 when the normal range is 1:10. Wouldn't> that suggest that my > son has a CURRENT infection? > > > > Ped: (Silence)> > Ped: There is no connection between your> son's autistic symptoms > and a viral infection past or present.> > > > > __________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Guest guest

"She looks fine to me"....like she should have an extra head and that would make people believe she has autism. Stan Kurtz wrote: although writing it here seems therapeutic so feel free to do whichever you prefer.> >> > I'm writing a piece called "They say" that addresses some of the most common beliefs > that > > the popular folks assert on us.> > > > What are some of the existing beliefs that rile you up?> > > > Example: (It bothers me when people say...) Vaccines are always safe. or Autism > Treatment > > does not have enough science behind it. or Autism is genetic. or The rates are rising > > because of better diagnosis.> > > > Send me examples of things that have bothered you and I will include as many good > ones as > > I can. Let your voice be heard.>

> > > please email me at: autismbook1@> > > > Thanks.> > > > - Stan> >>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Your son is autisic because you are an older mom.angie carter wrote: "She looks fine to me"....like she should have an extra head and that would make people believe she has autism. Stan Kurtz <stankurtzgmail> wrote: although writing it here seems therapeutic so feel free to do whichever you prefer.> >> > I'm writing a piece called "They say" that addresses some of the most common beliefs > that > > the popular folks assert on us.> > > > What are some of the existing beliefs that rile you up?> > > > Example: (It bothers me when people say...) Vaccines are always safe. or Autism > Treatment > > does

not have enough science behind it. or Autism is genetic. or The rates are rising > > because of better diagnosis.> > > > Send me examples of things that have bothered you and I will include as many good > ones as > > I can. Let your voice be heard.> > > > please email me at: autismbook1@> > > > Thanks.> > > > - Stan> >> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

since we are posting these this is a good one too. I was talking to a school teacher whom goes to my church. Her daughter was going to have a baby. I wanted to warn her and give her the DAN vaccine schedule. The lady ask me aren't you going to give your child anymore vaccines? I said no. then she told me she wouldn't be able to go to college. I told her if I did vaccinate her anymore she wouldn't have a brain left to go to college. She'll be back to sitting on the couch just staring into space and ticking. screaming ever time something changes. Real winners... (forget the older parent Strom Thurmond of South Carolina had kids when he was in his 80's and they didn't have autism).

-------------- Original message --------------

Your son is autisic because you are an older mom.angie carter <angcarter97> wrote:

"She looks fine to me"....like she should have an extra head and that would make people believe she has autism. Stan Kurtz <stankurtzgmail> wrote:

although writing it here seems therapeutic so feel free to do whichever you prefer.> >> > I'm writing a piece called "They say" that addresses some of the most common beliefs > that > > the popular folks assert on us.> > > > What are some of the existing beliefs that rile you up?> > > > Example: (It bothers m

e when people say...) Vaccines are always safe. or Autism > Treatment > > does not have enough science behind it. or Autism is genetic. or The rates are rising > > because of better diagnosis.> > > > Send me examples of things that have bothered you and I will include as many good > ones as > > I can. Let your voice be heard.> > > > please email me at: autismbook1@> > > > Thanks.> > > > - Stan> >>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

depends on what state you are in and your incomes. Different places have differnet rules.

-------------- Original message --------------

I told my husband, I was going to use the psych evaluation to our advantage and keep on track with the biomed recovery plan. Under what conditions related to autism is a child eligible for SSI? Can you explain the application process?

Thanks.

Kim <delicateflower_kk> wrote:

Okay, this is going to be slightly off topic, butdefinately therapeutic:I have 2 sons with autism. One is 22 one is 3. The 3 year old has had extensive biomed and novaccines. Unfortunately, I didn't know aboutbiomed for my older son, and he was fullyvaccinated.Although they started on similar tracks, ie HFA,the 3 year old is miles ahead of where hisbrother was at this age, and I give all of thecredit to biomed, since both received traditionaltherapies. Just today, when I was getting my 3year old ready to go outside, he said "Mommyneeds gloves too." He's connecting more and moreevery day. When he was diagnosed, last Spring, he wasapproved for SSI in 10 days, based on his psycheval. Last month, he barely made it intodevelopmental preschool, because he was "tootypical".I have a friend who also has a 3 year old sonwith autism. Amoung other things, he sufferedfrom severe asthma, poor sleep patterns and legpain. The mother said they were too broke to dobiomed, so I took her a bag of epsom salts and anOT sleep protocol.She told me yesterday that he hasn't had anasthma attack, and has been sleeping through thenight since she started epsom salt baths. Shealso added zinc and his leg pain is resolved.No one can tell me biomed doesn't work, so "they"can say anything they like. I know it works,I've seen the results.--- Gayatri Rampal <gayatri_rampalhotmail>wrote:> The silence is deafening. Until the rote and> previously rehearsed > reply comes forth "There is no connection..."> at which point we tune > out.> > Gayatri> > > > >> > Ped: (Arrogantly) We are aware your son had> Roselo as an infant > and the current lab work states very accurately> that it was a past > infection. > > > > Mom: Then how do you explain the current> High titer reading of > 1:640 when the normal range is 1:10. Wouldn't> that suggest that my > son has a CURRENT infection? > > > > Ped: (Silence)> > Ped: There is no connection between your> son's autistic symptoms > and a viral infection past or present.> > > > > __________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.

WBR>php?category=shopping

Guest guest

With my daughter a couple of hours after 4 month

vaccines….Me-“She is having trouble breathing and

having convulsive like activity. It’s scaring

the shit out of her, I can see the fear on her

face and feel it throughout her little body,

she’s injured or something”, Pedi- “She’s fine,

some children hold their breath for attention”.

Okay, I haven't even finished reading this and

had to reply. WTF??!! Who really believes a 4

month old does anything as a power play? Please

tell me you fired this Ped on the spot.

Kim

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Guest guest

Hi Rhonda,

You can do a search online for SSI requirements

for autism, but I wouldn't take these as black

and white, the approval process is very much

subjective, IMO.

I was able to apply over the phone. I called my

local Social Security office and was given a

telephone appt. I followed up by mailing in

copies of the requested documents.

I wasn't even going to apply for SSI for my

youngest son (well actually they both have it,

but that's another story)but the psychologist

twice mentioned that I should apply, so I figured

I'd give it a go.

--- Rhonda Darnell

wrote:

> I told my husband, I was going to use the psych

> evaluation to our advantage and keep on track

> with the biomed recovery plan. Under what

> conditions related to autism is a child

> eligible for SSI? Can you explain the

> application process?

>

> Thanks.

>

>

> Kim wrote:

> Okay, this is going to be slightly

> off topic, but

> definately therapeutic:

>

> I have 2 sons with autism. One is 22 one is 3.

> The 3 year old has had extensive biomed and no

> vaccines. Unfortunately, I didn't know about

> biomed for my older son, and he was fully

> vaccinated.

>

> Although they started on similar tracks, ie

> HFA,

> the 3 year old is miles ahead of where his

> brother was at this age, and I give all of the

> credit to biomed, since both received

> traditional

> therapies. Just today, when I was getting my 3

> year old ready to go outside, he said " Mommy

> needs gloves too. " He's connecting more and

> more

> every day.

>

> When he was diagnosed, last Spring, he was

> approved for SSI in 10 days, based on his psych

> eval. Last month, he barely made it into

> developmental preschool, because he was " too

> typical " .

>

> I have a friend who also has a 3 year old son

> with autism. Amoung other things, he suffered

> from severe asthma, poor sleep patterns and leg

> pain. The mother said they were too broke to do

> biomed, so I took her a bag of epsom salts and

> an

> OT sleep protocol.

>

> She told me yesterday that he hasn't had an

> asthma attack, and has been sleeping through

> the

> night since she started epsom salt baths. She

> also added zinc and his leg pain is resolved.

>

> No one can tell me biomed doesn't work, so

> " they "

> can say anything they like. I know it works,

> I've seen the results.

>

> --- Gayatri Rampal

> wrote:

>

> > The silence is deafening. Until the rote and

> > previously rehearsed

> > reply comes forth " There is no connection... "

> > at which point we tune

> > out.

> >

> > Gayatri

> >

> >

> >

> > >

> > > Ped: (Arrogantly) We are aware your son had

> > Roselo as an infant

> > and the current lab work states very

> accurately

> > that it was a past

> > infection.

> > >

> > > Mom: Then how do you explain the current

> > High titer reading of

> > 1:640 when the normal range is 1:10. Wouldn't

> > that suggest that my

> > son has a CURRENT infection?

> > >

> > > Ped: (Silence)

> > > Ped: There is no connection between your

> > son's autistic symptoms

> > and a viral infection past or present.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals?

> Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

>

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Guest guest

1. He doesn't look autistic. Yes, even I once uttered those words.

2. He is just a slow learner and a boy. His twin sister is talking

because she is a girl. I also have an older son.

3. It is not an allergy just a bad case of excema.

4. The gfcf diet is unproven. Well three years later on gfcf and

several reafferming infractions, I am a believer it works. We are all

on the same plan and with great results.

5. Yes, you can give vaccines when they are sick. ( this was during

our visit where I took my son in for an ear infection....we got

antibiotics and 3 vaccines)

6. Your son will not be able to attend regular school. He is in a

regular kindergarden classroom with a shared para.

7. Your son will probably not bond with you or the rest of the

family. Last night he called us all together for " Family fun time " He

hugged us all at the same time.

8. There is no cure for Autism so don't get your hopes up. You need

to just accept his diagnosis. I did and then I started on this

wonderful journey where I met others on the same quest. He has not

reached optimal outcome but neither have I.

>

> I'm writing a piece called " They say " that addresses some of the

most common beliefs that

> the popular folks assert on us.

>

> What are some of the existing beliefs that rile you up?

>

> Example: (It bothers me when people say...) Vaccines are always

safe. or Autism Treatment

> does not have enough science behind it. or Autism is genetic. or

The rates are rising

> because of better diagnosis.

>

> Send me examples of things that have bothered you and I will

include as many good ones as

> I can. Let your voice be heard.

>

> please email me at: autismbook1@...

>

> Thanks.

>

> - Stan

>

Guest guest

Thank you. I'll look into this right away.Kim wrote: Hi Rhonda,You can do a search online for SSI requirementsfor autism, but I wouldn't take these as blackand white, the approval process is very muchsubjective, IMO.I was able to apply over the phone. I called mylocal Social Security office and was given atelephone appt. I followed up by mailing incopies of the requested documents.I wasn't even going to apply for SSI for myyoungest son (well actually they both have

it,but that's another story)but the psychologisttwice mentioned that I should apply, so I figuredI'd give it a go. --- Rhonda Darnell<simple_treasure2003> wrote:> I told my husband, I was going to use the psych> evaluation to our advantage and keep on track> with the biomed recovery plan. Under what> conditions related to autism is a child> eligible for SSI? Can you explain the> application process? > > Thanks.> > > Kim <delicateflower_kk> wrote:> Okay, this is going to be slightly> off topic, but> definately therapeutic:> > I have 2 sons with autism. One is 22 one is 3. > The 3 year old has had extensive biomed and no> vaccines. Unfortunately, I didn't know about>

biomed for my older son, and he was fully> vaccinated.> > Although they started on similar tracks, ie> HFA,> the 3 year old is miles ahead of where his> brother was at this age, and I give all of the> credit to biomed, since both received> traditional> therapies. Just today, when I was getting my 3> year old ready to go outside, he said "Mommy> needs gloves too." He's connecting more and> more> every day. > > When he was diagnosed, last Spring, he was> approved for SSI in 10 days, based on his psych> eval. Last month, he barely made it into> developmental preschool, because he was "too> typical".> > I have a friend who also has a 3 year old son> with autism. Amoung other things, he suffered> from severe asthma, poor sleep patterns and leg> pain. The mother said they were too broke to do> biomed, so I

took her a bag of epsom salts and> an> OT sleep protocol.> > She told me yesterday that he hasn't had an> asthma attack, and has been sleeping through> the> night since she started epsom salt baths. She> also added zinc and his leg pain is resolved.> > No one can tell me biomed doesn't work, so> "they"> can say anything they like. I know it works,> I've seen the results.> > --- Gayatri Rampal <gayatri_rampalhotmail>> wrote:> > > The silence is deafening. Until the rote and> > previously rehearsed > > reply comes forth "There is no connection..."> > at which point we tune > > out.> > > > Gayatri> > > > > > > > >> > > Ped: (Arrogantly) We are aware your son had> > Roselo as an infant > > and the current lab work states very> accurately> > that it was a past > > infection. > > > > > > Mom: Then how do you explain the current> > High titer reading of > > 1:640 when the normal range is 1:10. Wouldn't> > that suggest that my > > son has a CURRENT infection? > > > > > > Ped: (Silence)> > > Ped: There is no connection between your> > son's autistic symptoms > > and a viral infection past or present.> > > > > > > > > >

>__________________________________________________________> Looking for last minute shopping deals? > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.>http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.__________________________________________________________Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Guest guest

Unfortunately no. She was my first

child and she was born with a bowed left tibia (doesn’t sound as bad as

it looked) and everyone was watching her so closely and going to many Ortho

Dr.s at Children’s, he had somewhat won my trust. But I knew he was

wrong, knew it was a reaction, but I was a stupid adamant vaccinationist back

then. “If I don’t, she’ll catch something….”

I have more than learned my lesson at the expense of my son.

But on another note, this is an extremely

common statement from Drs. I have seen many, many posts from others whose

children had similar reactions and their Docs said the same thing.

From: mb12 valtrex [mailto:mb12 valtrex ] On Behalf Of Kim

Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008

2:13 PM

To: mb12 valtrex

Subject: RE: Re:

What they say...

With my daughter a couple of hours after 4 month

vaccines….Me-“She is having trouble breathing and

having convulsive like activity. It’s scaring

the shit out of her, I can see the fear on her

face and feel it throughout her little body,

she’s injured or something”, Pedi- “She’s fine,

some children hold their breath for attention”.

Okay, I haven't even finished reading this and

had to reply. WTF??!! Who really believes a 4

month old does anything as a power play? Please

tell me you fired this Ped on the spot.

Kim

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Guest guest

I hear THIS one all the time, what he can't have gluten casein or soy, so what DOES he eat, there isn't much left........HELLO VEGGIES< MEATS< FRUITS< ECT>>>>.

oh you can't do milk, dairy is so good for you, you NEED milk, when was the last time you saw a person sucking on a cows teet! or anyOTHER animal for that matter

boys talk late it's be expected

he didn't loose lang, it's just in your head, you just THOUGHT he was talking before.....

he'll be fine just give him time.....

ah he just wants his space,

he just doesn't WANT to respond to his name

he doesn't have autism it's in your head

moms crazy not the son

it's because your a bad mom, that is why he is like that

just spank him he'll learn,

ignore it and it will go away

Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking

top 1. He doesn't look autistic. Yes, even I once uttered those words.2. He is just a slow learner and a boy. His twin sister is talking because she is a girl. I also have an older son. 3. It is not an allergy just a bad case of excema.4. The gfcf diet is unproven. Well three years later on gfcf and several reafferming infractions, I am a believer it works. We are all on the same plan and with great results. 5. Yes, you can give vaccines when they are sick. ( this was during our visit where I took my son in for an ear infection....we got antibiotics and 3 vaccines)6. Your son will not be able to attend regular school. He is in a regular kindergarden classroom with a shared para. 7. Your son will probably not bond with you or the rest of the family. Last night he called us all together for "Family fun time" He hugged us all at the same time. 8. There is no cure for Autism so don't get your hopes up. You need to just accept his diagnosis. I did and then I started on this wonderful journey where I met others on the same quest. He has not reached optimal outcome but neither have I. >> I'm writing a piece called "They say" that addresses some of the most common beliefs that > the popular folks assert on us.> > What are some of the existing beliefs that rile you up?> > Example: (It bothers me when people say...) Vaccines are always safe. or Autism Treatment > does not have enough science behind it. or Autism is genetic. or The rates are rising > because of better diagnosis.> > Send me examples of things that have bothered you and I will include as many good ones as > I can. Let your voice be heard.> > please email me at: autismbook1@...> > Thanks.> > - Stan>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM

Guest guest

40 hours a week of therapy is too much - he's just a baby.Oh but that diet is so restrictive poor baby, you mean he can't have a little cheese. Did you know Einstein didn't talk 'till he was 5!He's going to talk when he's 4 thats just how they are... Does he have any savant skills?It bothers me when people say... The special needs kids are taking away from the school funds, we should have art, music and science...I have problems with the fact people so readily discount all the time and effort put into researching about Autism, all the therapies your child is attending and work with biomedical treatments to help them feel better.It bothers me that...The bare minimum standard (floor of opportunity) is offered by school districts - when did the bare minimum become the appropriate standard!It really bothers me that the school districts fight you tooth & nail with your own tax dollars!Nora MiddletonThanks Stan - not sure if that is what you are looking for but it felt good to say/write it!  I'm writing a piece called "They say" that addresses some of the most common beliefs that the popular folks assert on us. What are some of the existing beliefs that rile you up? Example: (It bothers me when people say...) Vaccines are always safe. or Autism Treatment does not have enough science behind it. or Autism is genetic. or The rates are rising because of better diagnosis. Send me examples of things that have bothered you and I will include as many good ones as I can. Let your voice be heard. please email me at: autismbook1gmail Thanks. - Stan Nora Middletontikigal@...

Guest guest

Interesting points. It makes me wonder....What state is best state to reside in? Who offers the best services and opportunities for our kids with autism. With this said, we have to ensure siblings who do not need special needs service also receive the education they most certainly deserve. How would we find this out? MattNora Middleton wrote: 40 hours a week of therapy is too much - he's just a baby. Oh but that diet is so

restrictive poor baby, you mean he can't have a little cheese. Did you know Einstein didn't talk 'till he was 5! He's going to talk when he's 4 thats just how they are... Does he have any savant skills? It bothers me when people say... The special needs kids are taking away from the school funds, we should have art, music and science... I have problems with the fact people so readily discount all the time and effort put into researching about Autism, all the therapies your child is attending and work with biomedical treatments to help them feel better. It bothers me that...The bare minimum standard (floor of opportunity) is offered by school districts - when did the bare minimum become the appropriate standard! It really bothers me that the school districts fight you tooth & nail with your own tax dollars! Nora Middleton Thanks Stan - not sure if that is what you are looking for but it felt good to say/write it! I'm writing a piece called "They say" that addresses some of the most common beliefs that the popular folks assert on us.What are some of the existing beliefs that rile you up?Example: (It bothers me when people say...) Vaccines are always safe. or

Autism Treatment does not have enough science behind it. or Autism is genetic. or The rates are rising because of better diagnosis.Send me examples of things that have bothered you and I will include as many good ones as I can. Let your voice be heard.please email me at: autismbook1gmailThanks.- Stan Nora Middleton tikigalpacbell (DOT) net

Guest guest

Regarding school districts, how about:It doesn't affect his education. *huh?  How does not being able to be understood not affect his education???*We only do proven therapies and programs that have studies and data within a school system.  *Exactly what are those therapies and programs then?  There aren't a lot that I know of that have that kind of data.  And hello, you provide AIT and that doesn't have any data!  Oh wait, you mean you only provide what's convenient and cheap for you, forgive my misunderstanding.*Cheryl40 hours a week of therapy is too much - he's just a baby.Oh but that diet is so restrictive poor baby, you mean he can't have a little cheese. Did you know Einstein didn't talk 'till he was 5!He's going to talk when he's 4 thats just how they are... Does he have any savant skills?It bothers me when people say... The special needs kids are taking away from the school funds, we should have art, music and science...I have problems with the fact people so readily discount all the time and effort put into researching about Autism, all the therapies your child is attending and work with biomedical treatments to help them feel better.It bothers me that...The bare minimum standard (floor of opportunity) is offered by school districts - when did the bare minimum become the appropriate standard!It really bothers me that the school districts fight you tooth & nail with your own tax dollars!Nora MiddletonThanks Stan - not sure if that is what you are looking for but it felt good to say/write it! I'm writing a piece called "They say" that addresses some of the most common beliefs that the popular folks assert on us.What are some of the existing beliefs that rile you up?Example: (It bothers me when people say...) Vaccines are always safe. or Autism Treatment does not have enough science behind it. or Autism is genetic. or The rates are risingbecause of better diagnosis.Send me examples of things that have bothered you and I will include as many good ones as I can. Let your voice be heard.please email me at: autismbook1gmailThanks.- StanNora Middletontikigalpacbell (DOT) net

Guest guest

There are very few states that provide good services.  California is one and I know there is one state on the east coast that is even better but I can't remember it off the top of my head.  But having good services doesn't guarantee you'll receive them.  Some people fight tooth and nail for services in CA.  We've been fortunate to have great RC reps.CherylInteresting points. It makes me wonder....What state is best state to reside in?  Who offersthe best services and opportunities for our kids with autism.  With this said, we have to ensure siblings who do not need special needs service also receive the education they mostcertainly deserve.  How would we find this out? MattNora Middleton <tikigalpacbell (DOT) net> wrote:40 hours a week of therapy is too much - he's just a baby.Oh but that diet is so restrictive poor baby, you mean he can't have a little cheese. Did you know Einstein didn't talk 'till he was 5!He's going to talk when he's 4 thats just how they are... Does he have any savant skills?It bothers me when people say... The special needs kids are taking away from the school funds, we should have art, music and science...I have problems with the fact people so readily discount all the time and effort put into researching about Autism, all the therapies your child is attending and work with biomedical treatments to help them feel better.It bothers me that...The bare minimum standard (floor of opportunity) is offered by school districts - when did the bare minimum become the appropriatestandard!It really bothers me that the school districts fight you tooth & nail with your own tax dollars!Nora MiddletonThanks Stan - not sure if that is what you are looking for but it felt good to say/write it! I'm writing a piece called "They say" that addresses some of the most common beliefs that the popular folks assert on us.What are some of the existing beliefs that rile you up?Example: (It bothers me when people say...) Vaccines are always safe. or Autism Treatment does not have enough science behind it. or Autism is genetic. or The rates are rising because of better diagnosis.Send me examples of things that have bothered you and I will include as many good ones as I can. Let your voice be heard.please email me at: autismbook1gmailThanks.- StanNora Middletontikigalpacbell (DOT) netNever miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Guest guest

From our current ped:  His viral titers will never be normal.  If he's been exposed you expect to see them high and they won't go down.My son's HHV6 titers are currently 1:80 after a year of antivirals.  EBV is also dropping slowly.  It'll be interesting to see him again.  This is also a man that has an ASD son.CherylI'm writing a piece called "They say" that addresses some of the most common beliefs that the popular folks assert on us.What are some of the existing beliefs that rile you up?Example: (It bothers me when people say...) Vaccines are always safe. or Autism Treatment does not have enough science behind it. or Autism is genetic. or The rates are rising because of better diagnosis.Send me examples of things that have bothered you and I will include as many good ones as I can. Let your voice be heard.please email me at: autismbook1gmailThanks.- Stan

Guest guest

“You know putting a child on THAT diet it

tantamount to child abuse …

… and, well, we as educators in NY are obliged to

report any suspicions of child abuse to the state …

… and, well, some days I feel I should just report all

the parents who are involved in that ridiculous medical thing …

… I probably won’t, but some days, at lunchtime,

I just feel like I should!”

This was said to my girlfriend [i was standing next to her] about

5 years ago by the director of a school we were touring for her daughter’s

placement ~ after my friend’s husband mentioned they’d be sending their

daughter’s lunches and snacks in every day because she was following the

DAN protocol. Even after they stressed their daughter had tested severely

allergic to many, many foods, she was not interested in anything but TEACH as

an intervention for Autism. Great program, but again, as usual, it doesn’t

work for every kid with Autism! Needless to say, we crossed the school off the

list before we even left the parking lot! It was frustrating to listen to her.

We have to do the best we can.

This is our sacred human responsibility!

~ Albert Einstein ~

Guest guest

I wonder if there might be a site that compares

state services.

My coordinator for early intervention services

has 2 children with special needs. She says that

WV is one of the better states for early

intervention and medicaid waiver services. I was

very happy with my early intervention experience,

they gave me pretty much everything I asked for.

My son also receives Medicaid which has, so far,

covered all of his DAN appts and meds (although

not supplements, or MB12 spray).

My ex lives in Florida and has a child that has

suspected special needs (probably autism).

They've been on a waiting list for early

intervention for so long, his son's aged out of

the program before getting to participate in it.

Kim

PS My ex and I have an autistic child together.

I have an autistic son with my 2nd husband, and

my ex's son with his new wife is most probably

autistic. No one can tell me there's no increase

in autism.

--- Matt Howes wrote:

> Interesting points. It makes me wonder....What

> state is best state to reside in? Who offers

> the best services and opportunities for our

> kids with autism. With this said, we have to

> ensure siblings who do not need special needs

> service also receive the education they most

> certainly deserve. How would we find this

> out?

>

> Matt

>

> Nora Middleton wrote:

> 40 hours a week of therapy is too

> much - he's just a baby.

> Oh but that diet is so restrictive poor baby,

> you mean he can't have a little cheese.

> Did you know Einstein didn't talk 'till he

> was 5!

> He's going to talk when he's 4 thats just how

> they are...

> Does he have any savant skills?

>

>

> It bothers me when people say... The special

> needs kids are taking away from the school

> funds, we should have art, music and science...

>

>

> I have problems with the fact people so

> readily discount all the time and effort put

> into researching about Autism, all the

> therapies your child is attending and work with

> biomedical treatments to help them feel better.

>

>

> It bothers me that...The bare minimum

> standard (floor of opportunity) is offered by

> school districts - when did the bare minimum

> become the appropriate standard!

>

>

> It really bothers me that the school

> districts fight you tooth & nail with your own

> tax dollars!

>

>

> Nora Middleton

>

>

> Thanks Stan - not sure if that is what you

> are looking for but it felt good to say/write

> it!

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> On Jan 6, 2008, at 11:22 AM, Stan Kurtz

> wrote:

>

> I'm writing a piece called " They say "

> that addresses some of the most common beliefs

> that

>

> What are some of the existing beliefs that rile

> you up?

>

> Example: (It bothers me when people say...)

> Vaccines are always safe. or Autism Treatment

> does not have enough science behind it. or

> Autism is genetic. or The rates are rising

>

> Send me examples of things that have bothered

> you and I will include as many good ones as

>

>

> Thanks.

>

> - Stan

>

>

>

>

>

> Nora Middleton

> tikigal@...

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

____

Guest guest

** " He'll outgrow this, it's just his ears " . That is what my son's

pediatrician told me at 2 1/2 years when I asked him why my son

wasn't yet speaking in full sentences.

We believed him. Our child had many ear infections and it just made

sense to us.

** Also at 3 our naturopath said, " I see lots of autistic children in

my practice, I wouldn't look you in the face and tell you he wasn't

autistic if I weren't sure about it. He wasn't vaccinated, and he

does speak. "

Again, I believed her. Surely she knew better than I did, I only had

one child and she saw " many autistic children in her practice " .

Plus, that's what I wanted to hear. This one bothers me the most

because she knew he had repeated ear infections, allergy issues,

speech delay, and gastro issues.

** At 3 1/2 our new pediatrician said, " he's definitely not autistic,

maybe Asperger's but don't worry because he has no odd behaviours.

He'll be fine, stop worrying. "

The next day I made an appointment with a DAN! doctor. That was a

little over 2 years ago. I have beat myself up for waiting so long.

We are recovering but still have a ways to go.

Guest guest

wow how are you getting medicaid to cover his DAN? what state are YOU in?

Recovering from Autism is a marathon NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible! Read more about it on my Blogs athttp://www.myspace.com/christelking

I wonder if there might be a site that comparesstate services. My coordinator for early intervention serviceshas 2 children with special needs. She says thatWV is one of the better states for earlyintervention and medicaid waiver services. I wasvery happy with my early intervention experience,they gave me pretty much everything I asked for.My son also receives Medicaid which has, so far,covered all of his DAN appts and meds (althoughnot supplements, or MB12 spray).My ex lives in Florida and has a child that hassuspected special needs (probably autism). They've been on a waiting list for earlyintervention for so long, his son's aged out ofthe program before getting to participate in it.KimPS My ex and I have an autistic child together. I have an autistic son with my 2nd husband, andmy ex's son with his new wife is most probablyautistic. No one can tell me there's no increasein autism.--- Matt Howes <matthewahowes> wrote:> Interesting points. It makes me wonder....What> state is best state to reside in? Who offers> the best services and opportunities for our> kids with autism. With this said, we have to> ensure siblings who do not need special needs> service also receive the education they most > certainly deserve. How would we find this> out?> > Matt> > Nora Middleton <tikigalpacbell (DOT) net> wrote:> 40 hours a week of therapy is too> much - he's just a baby.> Oh but that diet is so restrictive poor baby,> you mean he can't have a little cheese. > Did you know Einstein didn't talk 'till he> was 5!> He's going to talk when he's 4 thats just how> they are... > Does he have any savant skills?> > > It bothers me when people say... The special> needs kids are taking away from the school> funds, we should have art, music and science...> > > I have problems with the fact people so> readily discount all the time and effort put> into researching about Autism, all the> therapies your child is attending and work with> biomedical treatments to help them feel better.> > > It bothers me that...The bare minimum> standard (floor of opportunity) is offered by> school districts - when did the bare minimum> become the appropriate standard!> > > It really bothers me that the school> districts fight you tooth & nail with your own> tax dollars!> > > Nora Middleton> > > Thanks Stan - not sure if that is what you> are looking for but it felt good to say/write> it! > > > > > > > > > > > > > I'm writing a piece called "They say"> that addresses some of the most common beliefs> that > the popular folks assert on us.> > What are some of the existing beliefs that rile> you up?> > Example: (It bothers me when people say...)> Vaccines are always safe. or Autism Treatment > does not have enough science behind it. or> Autism is genetic. or The rates are rising > because of better diagnosis.> > Send me examples of things that have bothered> you and I will include as many good ones as > I can. Let your voice be heard.> > please email me at: autismbook1gmail> > Thanks.> > - Stan> > > > > > Nora Middleton> tikigalpacbell (DOT) net> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM

Guest guest

The one I've grown to detest is " the flippin patronizing eye roll " .

Someday, I swear, I'm going to poke some eye rolling Dr. in the eye.

Maybe I'll use the two-finger eye poke similar to the one that Moe

used from the Stooges. Yup, I can see it now " Mom arrested for poking

prestigous Dr. in both eyes... story at 7 " .

Well, maybe not...

>

> I'm writing a piece called " They say " that addresses some of the

most common beliefs that

>

> What are some of the existing beliefs that rile you up?

>

> Example: (It bothers me when people say...) Vaccines are always

safe. or Autism Treatment

> does not have enough science behind it. or Autism is genetic. or

The rates are rising

>

> Send me examples of things that have bothered you and I will

include as many good ones as

>

>

> Thanks.

>

> - Stan

>

Guest guest

I have beat myself up

> for waiting so long.

> We are recovering but still have a ways to go.

Don't beat yourself up over it. You did the best

you could with what you knew.

I had a developmental psychologist, with an

autistic child tell me my son was fine. This

kept me from seeking intervention sooner.

My gut told me she was wrong, but it was what I

wanted to hear.

____

Guest guest

I live in West Virginia. His DAN is a practicing

pediatrician. She's his primary care physician

(even though her office is about 2 hours from our

house).

Where I live in WV is kind of a mixed bag. As I

said, early intervention did practically

everything I asked for, but finding practitioners

(ABA, etc) was as hard as doing circus tricks.

His DAN isn't super knowledgable, but she is

willing to do anything I ask, for example Valtrex

and the spray.

Medicaid paid for the Valtrex, I had to pay for

the spray. I also get me antifungals paid for.

--- Christel King

wrote:

> wow how are you getting medicaid to cover his

> DAN? what state are YOU in?

> Recovering from Autism is a marathon

> NOT a sprint, but FULLY possible!

> Read more about it on my Blogs at

> http://www.myspace.com/christelking

> Re: What they say...

>

>

> I wonder if there might be a site that

> compares

> state services.

>

> My coordinator for early intervention

> services

> has 2 children with special needs. She says

> that

> WV is one of the better states for early

> intervention and medicaid waiver services. I

> was

> very happy with my early intervention

> experience,

> they gave me pretty much everything I asked

> for.

>

> My son also receives Medicaid which has, so

> far,

> covered all of his DAN appts and meds

> (although

> not supplements, or MB12 spray).

>

> My ex lives in Florida and has a child that

> has

> suspected special needs (probably autism).

> They've been on a waiting list for early

> intervention for so long, his son's aged out

> of

> the program before getting to participate in

> it.

>

> Kim

>

> PS My ex and I have an autistic child

> together.

> I have an autistic son with my 2nd husband,

> and

> my ex's son with his new wife is most

> probably

> autistic. No one can tell me there's no

> increase

> in autism.

> --- Matt Howes

> wrote:

>

> > Interesting points. It makes me

> wonder....What

> > state is best state to reside in? Who

> offers

> > the best services and opportunities for our

> > kids with autism. With this said, we have

> to

> > ensure siblings who do not need special

> needs

> > service also receive the education they

> most

> > certainly deserve. How would we find this

> > out?

> >

> > Matt

> >

> > Nora Middleton wrote:

> > 40 hours a week of therapy is too

> > much - he's just a baby.

> > Oh but that diet is so restrictive poor

> baby,

> > you mean he can't have a little cheese.

> > Did you know Einstein didn't talk 'till he

> > was 5!

> > He's going to talk when he's 4 thats just

> how

> > they are...

> > Does he have any savant skills?

> >

> >

> > It bothers me when people say... The

> special

> > needs kids are taking away from the school

> > funds, we should have art, music and

> science...

> >

> >

> > I have problems with the fact people so

> > readily discount all the time and effort

> put

> > into researching about Autism, all the

> > therapies your child is attending and work

> with

> > biomedical treatments to help them feel

> better.

> >

> >

> > It bothers me that...The bare minimum

> > standard (floor of opportunity) is offered

> by

> > school districts - when did the bare

> minimum

> > become the appropriate standard!

> >

> >

> > It really bothers me that the school

> > districts fight you tooth & nail with your

> own

> > tax dollars!

> >

> >

> > Nora Middleton

> >

> >

> > Thanks Stan - not sure if that is what you

> > are looking for but it felt good to

> say/write

> > it!

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > On Jan 6, 2008, at 11:22 AM, Stan Kurtz

> > wrote:

> >

> > I'm writing a piece called " They say "

> > that addresses some of the most common

> beliefs

> > that

> > the popular folks assert on us.

> >

> > What are some of the existing beliefs that

> rile

> > you up?

> >

> > Example: (It bothers me when people say...)

> > Vaccines are always safe. or Autism

> Treatment

> > does not have enough science behind it. or

> > Autism is genetic. or The rates are rising

> > because of better diagnosis.

> >

> > Send me examples of things that have

> bothered

> > you and I will include as many good ones as

>

> > I can. Let your voice be heard.

> >

> > please email me at: autismbook1@...

> >

> > Thanks.

> >

> > - Stan

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Nora Middleton

> > tikigal@...

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your

> homepage.

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

=== message truncated ===

____

Guest guest

Kim, do you have anything like the mediwaver attached to your child's medicaid?? In FL they do. We are what is known as the miniwaver. (Believe it or not) They won't begin to pay. Is there a long waiting list in West Virginia. There is in FL about 800-900 on the waiting list. Took 8 years to get even the mini wavier. Not planing on moving but interested in what is going on in other states. I'm just thank ful that my daughter has a great doctor even if I have to work myself to death to pay for her. God bless you and be with you and lead and guide you through your entire marathon. We'll all pray for each other.

--------- Re: What they say...> > > I wonder if there might be a site that> compares> state services. > > My coordinator for early intervention> services> has 2 children with special needs. She says> that> WV is one of the better states for early> intervention and medicaid waiver services. I> was> very happy with my early intervention> experience,> they gave me pretty much everything I asked> for.> > My son also receives Medicaid which has, so> far,> covered all of his DAN appts and meds> (although> not supplements, or MB12 spray).> > My

ex lives in Florida and has a child that> has> suspected special needs (probably autism). > They've been on a waiting list for early> intervention for so long, his son's aged out> of> the program before getting to participate in> it.> > Kim> > PS My ex and I have an autistic child> together. > I have an autistic son with my 2nd husband,> and> my ex's son with his new wife is most> probably> autistic. No one can tell me there's no> increase> in autism.> --- Matt Howes <matthewahowes>> wrote:> > > Interesting points. It makes me> wonder....What> > state is best state to reside in? Who> offers> > the best services and opportunities for our> > kids with autism. With this said, we have> to> > ensur

e siblings who do not need special> needs> > service also receive the education they> most > > certainly deserve. How would we find this> > out?> > > > Matt> > > > Nora Middleton <tikigalpacbell (DOT) net> wrote:> > 40 hours a week of therapy is too> > much - he's just a baby.> > Oh but that diet is so restrictive poor> baby,> > you mean he can't have a little cheese. > > Did you know Einstein didn't talk 'till he> > was 5!> > He's going to talk when he's 4 thats just> how> > they are... > > Does he have any savant skills?> > > > > > It bothers me when people say... The> special> > needs kids are taking away from the school> > funds, we should have art, music and> science...> &gt

; > > > > I have problems with the fact people so> > readily discount all the time and effort> put> > into researching about Autism, all the> > therapies your child is attending and work> with> > biomedical treatments to help them feel> better.> > > > > > It bothers me that...The bare minimum> > standard (floor of opportunity) is offered> by> > school districts - when did the bare> minimum> > become the appropriate standard!> > > > > > It really bothers me that the school> > districts fight you tooth & nail with your> own> > tax dollars!> > > > > > Nora Middleton> > > > > > Thanks Stan - not sure if that is what you> > are looking for but it felt good to> say/write> > it! > &gt

; > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > I'm writing a piece called "They say"> > that addresses some of the most common> beliefs> > that > > the popular folks assert on us.> > > > What are some of the existing beliefs that> rile> > you up?> > > > Example: (It bothers me when people say...)> > Vaccines are always safe. or Autism> Treatment > > does not have enough science behind it. or> > Autism is genetic. or The rates are rising > > because of better diagnosis.> > > > Send me examples of things that have> bothered> > you and I will include as many good ones as> > > I can. Let your voice be heard.>

> > > please email me at: autismbook1gmail> > > > Thanks.> > > > - Stan> > > > > > > > > > > > Nora Middleton> > tikigalpacbell (DOT) net> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your> homepage.> > >__________________________________________________________> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> > > > > === message truncated ===__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ