RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

pets

Rate this topic

Guest guest

you did the right thing if Bandit was that ill, his quality of life was gone.

I know the feeling and loss of a dear pet. been there done that.

Sounds as though he had dementia, I am caring for one right now, well he still has some life, enjoys his food and his walks, I doubt though that he can make the severe NY winters coming up

Sounds like my vets, expensive but they know their stuff, we are lucky to find these type! Some I doubt how the became vets

Lots of love and be assured Bandit is free of pain now and in Rainbow Bridge, perhaps he met up with my babies who are there!

Anne See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Guest guest

Thank you for your kind words and understanding. I lost a greyhound 1 1/2 years ago to bone cancer. I held Bandit while he was given the injection and talked to him until the Vet said he was gone. I told him to go find Fancy (the greyhound) and I kept telling him over and over again what a good boy he was and how much I loved him. My last dog, Cowboy, a border collie, is so confused. He had actually gotten the leash (which was Bandit's) down from my dresser and had it over by the bed. I'm sure he could smell Bandit and it is really confusing him. He probably thinks he's still coming home. He will get better in time, and I'm trying to give him extra attention and I hardly leave the house so I'm with him almost 24/7. Thank you again for your kind response and understanding. Take Care, acarpe6119@... wrote: you did the right thing if Bandit was that ill, his quality of life was gone. I know the feeling and loss of a dear pet. been there done that. Sounds as though he had dementia, I am caring for one right now, well he still has some life, enjoys his food and his walks, I doubt though that he can make the severe NY winters coming up Sounds like my vets, expensive but they know

their stuff, we are lucky to find these type! Some I doubt how the became vets Lots of love and be assured Bandit is free of pain now and in Rainbow Bridge, perhaps he met up with my babies who are there! Anne See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage. Take Care, B. in TX

Guest guest

it is so sad how one dog will miss the other, I think they do love each other, not like ujs but when the pack leader is gone. Mujst be awful for them.See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Guest guest

I think that dogs miss each other, they have a knowledge that a pack leader has gone, and get over it after a while. Not so poor old Sam when I brought him home after ' his woman' was put to sleep, he went into the yard and I found him laying there sobbing ' moaning and he knew I am sure, he has dementia as I said, but I can handle that, he has his good and bad day

Whitey Springer went to her usual vet for the last checkup yesterday, Ultra Sound showed her liver is alright but her gall bladder is full of stones, she does not hurt,he also gave her the yearly thyroid check . Shr does not have to be on such a low diet anymore, she is back on the Denamarin which is an update on Denisol , now with milk thistle added and that should help, she apparently passes those stones in a steady line he thinks!

Her coat is dull from the turkey-farina diet so she has to have fish oil capsules added as the coat is coming back as she was taken down hard when she got heat stroke, she looks very shabby with the winter coat coming in

My vet thought the ER vet made a bad error not using Ultra Sound,jt was a wrong diagnosis so do I , he gave this gal a very thorough going over, ignoring the other vet who he apparently does not think much of.The other one seemed to worry more about getting paid than the dog, or he had an Ultra and did not know how to use it.

AnneSee what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Guest guest

- I'm facing the same dilema as you are. Treating with the pets inside is so much more difficult as you can't bathe them as often. My dog has been with me 7 years and to see him suffer just breaks my heart. I have thought of giving mine in adoption but fear the risk of contamination to others.

My dog was feeling very depressed, loosing a lot of hair and skin and I became very worried about him so I took him to the Vet and got very lucky to find a caring Vet. She actually spent some time reading on bird mites and agreed to help me.

She prescribed a Benzoyl Peroxide shampoo and mitaban on my request.

The shampoo contains 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and it seems to help him tremendously. Before the shampoo he was scratching continuosly and very depressed. I am bathing him about once a week with the shampoo and the scratching stops immediately and the effect lasts for about 4 days. The shampoo can be applied every 3 days if needed since it's pretty safe for dogs and cats.

The mitaban contains Amitraz and seems to help also but the label says to apply only every two weeks which is too far apart in my opinion to be effective.

Here is some information on the peroxide shampoo I've been using:

http://www.allivet.com/OxyDex-Shampoo-p/15180.htm

I also found the following formula to be interesting although I haven't tried it yet:

http://www.discountpetdrugs.com/dbepeplshd8.html

Maybe you can talk to your vet to see if she thinks the shampoo would be ok to use in your case.

Good luck- MM

> > >> > > I'm so happy to hear that the salt is helping you. My > husband and I > > don't feel the itching or pin pricks any more and we have been > using > > the salt since the 13th...that is only four days ago. We soak > all our > > bedding and clothing over night in just plain water making > sure all > > the fabric is completely submerged. We are using salt water > solution > > on everything we can. I pray that this keeps working and we > will all > > have our normal lives retuned to us soon. Rita> > > > > > Epsom Salts> > > > > > > > > Hi Everyone,> > > > > > I have been using the Epsom Salts/water mix for a couple of > days > > on my > > > skin and my skin is definitely improving. Have any of you > had the > > same > > > success? I also find that a little borax and apple cider > vinegar > > mixed > > > in with my shampoo helps. I rinse that out and then I pour > the > > Epsom > > > Salt/water mixture over my scalp but leave that in. Thanks > to all > > of > > > you for your suggestions in fighting these invisible demons!> > > > > > Lady Dee > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > ----------> > > > > > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > Checked by AVG Free Edition. > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1229 - Release > Date: > > 1/17/2008 11:12 AM> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------------------------> -----------> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > Mobile. Try it now.> > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------------------------> -----------> > > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > Checked by AVG Free Edition. > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1231 - Release Date: > 1/18/2008 11:55 AM> >>

Guest guest

Manymites, thanks for the information but I have talked to my vet

and she refused to give my dog mitiban.

> > > >

> > > > I'm so happy to hear that the salt is helping you. My

> > husband and I

> > > don't feel the itching or pin pricks any more and we have been

> > using

> > > the salt since the 13th...that is only four days ago. We soak

> > all our

> > > bedding and clothing over night in just plain water making

> > sure all

> > > the fabric is completely submerged. We are using salt water

> > solution

> > > on everything we can. I pray that this keeps working and we

> > will all

> > > have our normal lives retuned to us soon. Rita

> > > >

> > > > Epsom Salts

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Hi Everyone,

> > > >

> > > > I have been using the Epsom Salts/water mix for a couple of

> > days

> > > on my

> > > > skin and my skin is definitely improving. Have any of you

> > had the

> > > same

> > > > success? I also find that a little borax and apple cider

> > vinegar

> > > mixed

> > > > in with my shampoo helps. I rinse that out and then I pour

> > the

> > > Epsom

> > > > Salt/water mixture over my scalp but leave that in. Thanks

> > to all

> > > of

> > > > you for your suggestions in fighting these invisible demons!

> > > >

> > > > Lady Dee

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > ----------------------------------------------------------

> > > ----------

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1229 - Release

> > Date:

> > > 1/17/2008 11:12 AM

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------

----

> > -----------

> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

> > Mobile. Try it now.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------

----

> > -----------

> > >

> > >

> > > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1231 - Release

Date:

> > 1/18/2008 11:55 AM

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Cyndi. are you bathing your dog? That will help keep the surface mites off of her/him. what about the shampoo many mites was talking about? I'm sure you can get that online somewhere. I am so sorry you are going through this, with your dog. I know it is heartbreaking and it is not easy. Stay strong, Cyndi. Take care of yourself. Mel "hunger.stryke" <cyndilees@...> wrote: Manymites, thanks for the information but I have talked to my vet and she refused to give my dog

mitiban.> > > >> > > > I'm so happy to hear that the salt is helping you. My> >

husband and I> > > don't feel the itching or pin pricks any more and we have been> > using> > > the salt since the 13th...that is only four days ago. We soak> > all our> > > bedding and clothing over night in just plain water making> > sure all> > > the fabric is completely submerged. We are using salt water> > solution> > > on everything we can. I pray that this keeps working and we> > will all> > > have our normal lives retuned to us soon. Rita> > > >> > > > Epsom Salts> > > >> > > >>

> > > Hi Everyone,> > > >> > > > I have been using the Epsom Salts/water mix for a couple of> > days> > > on my> > > > skin and my skin is definitely improving. Have any of you> > had the> > > same> > > > success? I also find that a little borax and apple cider> > vinegar> > > mixed> > > > in with my shampoo helps. I rinse that out and then I pour> > the> > > Epsom> > > > Salt/water mixture over my scalp but leave that in. Thanks> > to all> > > of> > > > you for your suggestions in fighting these invisible demons!> > > >> > > > Lady Dee> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >

----------------------------------------------------------> > > ----------> > > >> > > >> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.> > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1229 - Release> > Date:> > > 1/17/2008 11:12 AM> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > --------------------------------------------------------------> > -----------> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > > Mobile. Try it now.> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >

--------------------------------------------------------------> > -----------> > >> > >> > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.> > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1231 - Release Date:> > 1/18/2008 11:55 AM> > >> >>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

Thanks Mel, I bath her every week and dip her with lime/sulfuf. I

spray her 2 times/day with lime sulfur and epsom salt solution. I

am also giving her dectomectin injections once per week. I am

looking for a home for her. Whes she is not her, she gets better

very fast. If I can find her a home, I will board her for a month

first. I am going to buy that shampoo too.

Cyndi

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm so happy to hear that the salt is helping you. My

> > > husband and I

> > > > don't feel the itching or pin pricks any more and we have

been

> > > using

> > > > the salt since the 13th...that is only four days ago. We soak

> > > all our

> > > > bedding and clothing over night in just plain water making

> > > sure all

> > > > the fabric is completely submerged. We are using salt water

> > > solution

> > > > on everything we can. I pray that this keeps working and we

> > > will all

> > > > have our normal lives retuned to us soon. Rita

> > > > >

> > > > > Epsom Salts

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi Everyone,

> > > > >

> > > > > I have been using the Epsom Salts/water mix for a couple of

> > > days

> > > > on my

> > > > > skin and my skin is definitely improving. Have any of you

> > > had the

> > > > same

> > > > > success? I also find that a little borax and apple cider

> > > vinegar

> > > > mixed

> > > > > in with my shampoo helps. I rinse that out and then I pour

> > > the

> > > > Epsom

> > > > > Salt/water mixture over my scalp but leave that in. Thanks

> > > to all

> > > > of

> > > > > you for your suggestions in fighting these invisible

demons!

> > > > >

> > > > > Lady Dee

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------

> > > > ----------

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1229 - Release

> > > Date:

> > > > 1/17/2008 11:12 AM

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> ----

> > > -----------

> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

> > > Mobile. Try it now.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> ----

> > > -----------

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1231 - Release

> Date:

> > > 1/18/2008 11:55 AM

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.

>

Guest guest

- I'm sorry to hear that. Did you get a chance to check the

benzoyl peroxide shampoo?

http://www.discountpetdrugs.com/dbepeplshd8.html

It should be pretty safe to use and your vet shouldn't have an issue

with it. I'm using it on my pet and seems to be helping tremendously.

My vet told me I could use it as often as every 3 days if needed.

I hope that is an option for you- MM

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm so happy to hear that the salt is helping you. My

> > > husband and I

> > > > don't feel the itching or pin pricks any more and we have been

> > > using

> > > > the salt since the 13th...that is only four days ago. We soak

> > > all our

> > > > bedding and clothing over night in just plain water making

> > > sure all

> > > > the fabric is completely submerged. We are using salt water

> > > solution

> > > > on everything we can. I pray that this keeps working and we

> > > will all

> > > > have our normal lives retuned to us soon. Rita

> > > > >

> > > > > Epsom Salts

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi Everyone,

> > > > >

> > > > > I have been using the Epsom Salts/water mix for a couple of

> > > days

> > > > on my

> > > > > skin and my skin is definitely improving. Have any of you

> > > had the

> > > > same

> > > > > success? I also find that a little borax and apple cider

> > > vinegar

> > > > mixed

> > > > > in with my shampoo helps. I rinse that out and then I pour

> > > the

> > > > Epsom

> > > > > Salt/water mixture over my scalp but leave that in. Thanks

> > > to all

> > > > of

> > > > > you for your suggestions in fighting these invisible demons!

> > > > >

> > > > > Lady Dee

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > ----------

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1229 - Release

> > > Date:

> > > > 1/17/2008 11:12 AM

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > --------------------------------------------------------------

-

> ----

> > > -----------

> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

> > > Mobile. Try it now.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > --------------------------------------------------------------

-

> ----

> > > -----------

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1231 - Release

> Date:

> > > 1/18/2008 11:55 AM

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

I'm sorry, Cyndi. I know this is hard. mel"hunger.stryke" <cyndilees@...> wrote: Thanks Mel, I bath her every week and dip her with lime/sulfuf. I spray her 2 times/day with lime sulfur and epsom salt solution. I am also giving her dectomectin injections once per week. I am looking for a home for her. Whes she is not her, she gets better very fast. If I can find her a home, I will board her for a month first. I am going to buy that shampoo too.Cyndi> > > > >> > > > > I'm so happy to hear that the salt is helping you. My> > > husband and I> > > > don't feel the itching or pin pricks any more and we have been> > > using> > > > the salt since the 13th...that is only four days ago. We soak> > > all our> > > > bedding and clothing over night in just plain water making> > > sure all> > > > the fabric is completely submerged. We are using salt

water> > > solution> > > > on everything we can. I pray that this keeps working and we> > > will all> > > > have our normal lives retuned to us soon. Rita> > > > >> > > > > Epsom Salts> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Hi Everyone,> > > > >> > > > > I have been using the Epsom Salts/water mix for a couple of> > > days> > > > on my> > > > > skin and my skin is definitely improving. Have any of you> > > had the> >

> > same> > > > > success? I also find that a little borax and apple cider> > > vinegar> > > > mixed> > > > > in with my shampoo helps. I rinse that out and then I pour> > > the> > > > Epsom> > > > > Salt/water mixture over my scalp but leave that in. Thanks> > > to all> > > > of> > > > > you for your suggestions in fighting these invisible demons!> > > > >> > > > > Lady Dee> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > > > ----------> > > > >> > > > >> > > >

> No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.> > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1229 - Release> > > Date:> > > > 1/17/2008 11:12 AM> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> ----> > > -----------> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > > > Mobile. Try it now.> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> ----> > > -----------> > > >> > >

>> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.> > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1231 - Release > Date:> > > 1/18/2008 11:55 AM> > > >> > >> >> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Today is the day that my dog has to go, forever. My heart is

breaking. My parents are also giving up their 2 cats. I have lost

everything. My son is moving out and I may even have to sell my

condo. I just can't believe this is happeneing to all of us. I pray

God will heal us all soon.

Cyndi

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm so happy to hear that the salt is helping you. My

> > > > husband and I

> > > > > don't feel the itching or pin pricks any more and we have

> been

> > > > using

> > > > > the salt since the 13th...that is only four days ago. We

soak

> > > > all our

> > > > > bedding and clothing over night in just plain water making

> > > > sure all

> > > > > the fabric is completely submerged. We are using salt water

> > > > solution

> > > > > on everything we can. I pray that this keeps working and we

> > > > will all

> > > > > have our normal lives retuned to us soon. Rita

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Epsom Salts

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hi Everyone,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have been using the Epsom Salts/water mix for a couple

of

> > > > days

> > > > > on my

> > > > > > skin and my skin is definitely improving. Have any of you

> > > > had the

> > > > > same

> > > > > > success? I also find that a little borax and apple cider

> > > > vinegar

> > > > > mixed

> > > > > > in with my shampoo helps. I rinse that out and then I pour

> > > > the

> > > > > Epsom

> > > > > > Salt/water mixture over my scalp but leave that in. Thanks

> > > > to all

> > > > > of

> > > > > > you for your suggestions in fighting these invisible

> demons!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lady Dee

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------

> > > > > ----------

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1229 - Release

> > > > Date:

> > > > > 1/17/2008 11:12 AM

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > ----

> > > > -----------

> > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

> > > > Mobile. Try it now.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > ----

> > > > -----------

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1231 - Release

> > Date:

> > > > 1/18/2008 11:55 AM

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

> Search.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

Guest guest

I am so sorry to hear that. This is

devastating – for you and your poor dog. I hope things will look up for

you soon …

Sibylle Faye

http://www.avianweb.com

Bird

Health Mailing List: http://pets./group/avianhealth/join (discuss bird health issues only)

AvianWeb

Forums & FREE Classifieds: http://www.avianweb.com/phpbb/

From: bird mites [mailto:bird mites ] On Behalf Of hunger.stryke

Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008

2:51 PM

bird mites

Subject: Re: Pets

Today is the day that my dog has to go, forever. My

heart is

breaking. My parents are also giving up their 2 cats. I have lost

everything. My son is moving out and I may even have to sell my

condo. I just can't believe this is happeneing to all of us. I pray

God will heal us all soon.

Cyndi

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm so happy to hear that the salt is helping

you. My

> > > > husband and I

> > > > > don't feel the itching or pin pricks any more and we

have

> been

> > > > using

> > > > > the salt since the 13th...that is only four days ago.

We

soak

> > > > all our

> > > > > bedding and clothing over night in just plain water

making

> > > > sure all

> > > > > the fabric is completely submerged. We are using salt

water

> > > > solution

> > > > > on everything we can. I pray that this keeps working

and we

> > > > will all

> > > > > have our normal lives retuned to us soon. Rita

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Epsom Salts

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hi Everyone,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have been using the Epsom Salts/water mix for a

couple

of

> > > > days

> > > > > on my

> > > > > > skin and my skin is definitely improving. Have

any of you

> > > > had the

> > > > > same

> > > > > > success? I also find that a little borax and

apple cider

> > > > vinegar

> > > > > mixed

> > > > > > in with my shampoo helps. I rinse that out and

then I pour

> > > > the

> > > > > Epsom

> > > > > > Salt/water mixture over my scalp but leave that

in. Thanks

> > > > to all

> > > > > of

> > > > > > you for your suggestions in fighting these

invisible

> demons!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lady Dee

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > ----------

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1229

- Release

> > > > Date:

> > > > > 1/17/2008 11:12 AM

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > ----

> > > > -----------

> > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

> > > > Mobile. Try it now.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > ----

> > > > -----------

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1231 -

Release

> > Date:

> > > > 1/18/2008 11:55 AM

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

> Search.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

Guest guest

So sorry Cyndi...... I know you're doing your best- that's all we can

do....... I am praying for you and will have all my friends do the

same tonight.

God Bless you-

som

;(

Serenity Prayer

God, grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the

courage to change the things that we can and the wisdom to know the

difference.

Amen

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm so happy to hear that the salt is helping you. My

> > > > > husband and I

> > > > > > don't feel the itching or pin pricks any more and we have

> > been

> > > > > using

> > > > > > the salt since the 13th...that is only four days ago. We

> soak

> > > > > all our

> > > > > > bedding and clothing over night in just plain water making

> > > > > sure all

> > > > > > the fabric is completely submerged. We are using salt

water

> > > > > solution

> > > > > > on everything we can. I pray that this keeps working and

we

> > > > > will all

> > > > > > have our normal lives retuned to us soon. Rita

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Epsom Salts

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Hi Everyone,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I have been using the Epsom Salts/water mix for a

couple

> of

> > > > > days

> > > > > > on my

> > > > > > > skin and my skin is definitely improving. Have any of

you

> > > > > had the

> > > > > > same

> > > > > > > success? I also find that a little borax and apple cider

> > > > > vinegar

> > > > > > mixed

> > > > > > > in with my shampoo helps. I rinse that out and then I

pour

> > > > > the

> > > > > > Epsom

> > > > > > > Salt/water mixture over my scalp but leave that in.

Thanks

> > > > > to all

> > > > > > of

> > > > > > > you for your suggestions in fighting these invisible

> > demons!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Lady Dee

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > --------------------------------------------------------

--

> > > > > > ----------

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > > > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > > > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1229 -

Release

> > > > > Date:

> > > > > > 1/17/2008 11:12 AM

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > ----

> > > > > -----------

> > > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

> > > > > Mobile. Try it now.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > ----

> > > > > -----------

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1231 -

Release

> > > Date:

> > > > > 1/18/2008 11:55 AM

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ---------------------------------

> > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

> > Search.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

> >

>

Guest guest

oh Cyndi. I feel your pain. I am so sorry. You have to be strong. Take care of yourself. Get your sleep and eat well. I know that sounds stupid, but you have to be strong. Are you moving in with your parents? Any time you feel like talking, email me. Melinda "hunger.stryke" <cyndilees@...> wrote: Today is the day that my dog has to go, forever. My heart is breaking. My parents are also giving up their 2 cats. I have lost everything. My son is moving out and I may even

have to sell my condo. I just can't believe this is happeneing to all of us. I pray God will heal us all soon.Cyndi> > > > > >> > > > > > I'm so happy to hear that the salt is helping you. My> > > > husband and I> > > > > don't feel the itching or pin pricks any more and we have > been> > > > using> > > > > the salt since the 13th...that is only four days ago. We soak> > > > all our> > > > > bedding and clothing over night in just plain water making> > > > sure all> > > > > the fabric is completely submerged. We are using salt water> > > > solution> >

> > > on everything we can. I pray that this keeps working and we> > > > will all> > > > > have our normal lives retuned to us soon. Rita> > > > > >> > > > > > Epsom Salts> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Hi Everyone,> > > > > >> > > > > > I have been using the Epsom Salts/water mix for a couple of> > > > days> > > > > on my> > > > > > skin and my skin is definitely improving. Have any of

you> > > > had the> > > > > same> > > > > > success? I also find that a little borax and apple cider> > > > vinegar> > > > > mixed> > > > > > in with my shampoo helps. I rinse that out and then I pour> > > > the> > > > > Epsom> > > > > > Salt/water mixture over my scalp but leave that in. Thanks> > > > to all> > > > > of> > > > > > you for your suggestions in fighting these invisible > demons!> > > > > >> > > > > > Lady Dee> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >

----------------------------------------------------------> > > > > ----------> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.> > > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1229 - Release> > > > Date:> > > > > 1/17/2008 11:12 AM> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > ----> > > > -----------> > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > > > > Mobile.

Try it now.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > ----> > > > -----------> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.> > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1231 - Release > > Date:> > > > 1/18/2008 11:55 AM> > > > >> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with > Search.> >> > > >

> > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.>

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Cyndi,

I am so sorry to hear about your dog and your situation. I too, had

to give up my birds and I know it is heart-breaking. I will pray for

you and that God will heal all of us soon, too.

Lady Dee

> > > > > > >

> > > > > husband and I

> > been

> > > > > using

> soak

> > > > > all our

> > > > > sure all

water

> > > > > solution

we

> > > > > will all

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

couple

> of

> > > > > days

> > > > > > on my

you

> > > > > had the

> > > > > > same

> > > > > vinegar

> > > > > > mixed

pour

> > > > > the

> > > > > > Epsom

Thanks

> > > > > to all

> > > > > > of

> > demons!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Lady Dee

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

--

> > > > > > ----------

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

Release

> > > > > Date:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > ----

> > > > > -----------

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > ----

> > > > > -----------

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

Release

> > > Date:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > Search.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

-May God give you the strength to go through these difficult

times. A great deal of courage is needed to make the decision you

just made to rid of this pest.

God bless you- MM

> > > > > > >

> > > > > husband and I

> > been

> > > > > using

> soak

> > > > > all our

> > > > > sure all

water

> > > > > solution

we

> > > > > will all

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

couple

> of

> > > > > days

> > > > > > on my

you

> > > > > had the

> > > > > > same

> > > > > vinegar

> > > > > > mixed

pour

> > > > > the

> > > > > > Epsom

Thanks

> > > > > to all

> > > > > > of

> > demons!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Lady Dee

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

--

> > > > > > ----------

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

Release

> > > > > Date:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > ----

> > > > > -----------

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > ----

> > > > > -----------

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

Release

> > > Date:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > Search.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

...I am so sorry too. ladydee96 <ladydee96@...> wrote: Cyndi,I am so sorry to hear about your dog and your situation. I too, had to give up my birds and I know it is heart-breaking. I will pray for you and that God will heal all of us soon, too.Lady Dee> > > > > > >> > > > > > > I'm so happy to hear that the salt is helping you. My> > > > > husband and I> > > > > > don't feel the itching or pin pricks any more and we have > >

been> > > > > using> > > > > > the salt since the 13th...that is only four days ago. We > soak> > > > > all our> > > > > > bedding and clothing over night in just plain water making> > > > > sure all> > > > > > the fabric is completely submerged. We are using salt water> > > > > solution> > > > > > on everything we can. I pray that this keeps working and we> > > > > will all> > > > > > have our normal lives retuned to us soon. Rita> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Epsom Salts> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Hi Everyone,> > > > > > >> > > > > > > I have been using the Epsom Salts/water mix for a couple > of> > > > > days> > > > > > on my> > > > > > > skin and my skin is definitely improving. Have any of you> > > > > had the> > > > > > same> > > > > > > success? I also find that a little borax and apple cider> > > > > vinegar> > > > > > mixed> > > > > > > in with my shampoo helps. I rinse that out and then I pour> > > > > the> > > > > > Epsom>

> > > > > > Salt/water mixture over my scalp but leave that in. Thanks> > > > > to all> > > > > > of> > > > > > > you for your suggestions in fighting these invisible > > demons!> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Lady Dee> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > > > > > ----------> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > > > > Checked by AVG Free

Edition.> > > > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1229 - Release> > > > > Date:> > > > > > 1/17/2008 11:12 AM> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------> > > ----> > > > > -----------> > > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > > > > > Mobile. Try it now.> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >

----------------------------------------------------------> > > ----> > > > > -----------> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > > > Checked by AVG Free Edition.> > > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6/1231 - Release > > > Date:> > > > > 1/18/2008 11:55 AM> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with > > Search.> > >> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > ---------------------------------> > Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.> >>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Dear Cyndi,

I am so sorry.

I know you have done all you can.

My heart is breaking for you.

We all can relate to the pain you are feeling.

I have lost almost everything including my truck which

i loved and all my nice clothes.

but most of all --I have lost my spirit and zest for

life.

Nothing compares to being forced to give up someone

you love.

We are all sending our loving thoughts to you in this

most awful time.

Love L

--- fritolay66 <fritolay66@...> wrote:

> ...I am so sorry too.

>

> ladydee96 <ladydee96@...> wrote:

> Cyndi,

>

> I am so sorry to hear about your dog and your

> situation. I too, had

> to give up my birds and I know it is heart-breaking.

> I will pray for

> you and that God will heal all of us soon, too.

>

> Lady Dee

>

>

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Rita,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do you thind that the dogs may be

> contributing to your

> > > continued

> > > > > > infesttation? I have removed my dog for 2

> weeks, treated

> the

> > > > house

> > > > > > like crazy. She got better and so did I.

> Now she has been

> > back

> > > > for

> > > > > > 2 weeks and I am as bad as ever and so is

> she. I dip her

>

=== message truncated ===

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Guest guest

<<Thank you, Sibylle. I am going to try the listerine and

baby oil and water on her>>

It would be great if it helped our pet

owners. I know how hard it is to see our pets suffer.

Good luck!

Sib

[mailto:bird mites ] On

Behalf Of Mel

Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 4:57

PM

bird mites

Subject: RE: Re:

Update on vinegar

Thank you, Sibylle. I am going to try the listerine and baby oil

and water on her. Great tip!! Mel

sfyakan <sfavianweb>

wrote:

Veterinarians recommend Listerine use with

dogs to discourage them to chew on valuable items:

http://www.fvma.com/displaycommon.cfm?an=8#995047013

Also, the People’s Pharmacy

had a good post on the topic of treating “hotspots” on dogs

– which I copied for your review:

Q. The solution of equal parts Listerine,

baby oil and water for dogs’ hot spots is the most fantastic remedy I've

read about in a long time! The minute my dogs start " worrying " a

spot, I get out my spray bottle, spray the area thoroughly, massage the

solution into their skin and the problem stops immediately. No more hot spots

that involve trips to the vet.

A. Several years ago we heard from a radio listener that his veterinarian had

suggested Listerine and baby oil for his Dobermans and his horses. It worked

for them so he tried it on his own scalp and found it banished dandruff.

We’re glad you found this combo helpful.

One possible explanation is that Listerine contains herbal oils (thymol,

eucalyptol, menthol, methyl salicylate) that may have anti-fungal activity.

Hope this helps.

Sibylle Faye

[mailto:bird mites ] On Behalf Of Mel

Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 4:37

PM

bird mites

Subject: Re: Re:

Update on vinegar

Thanks, Frito. I did wash her in regular Mane and Tail shampoo

(something like that). smells so good. I bought it in the pets section at

walmart. they also have mane and tail conditioner there. I haven't

tried the listerine on her, yet. will you ask her for me?

Mel

fritolay66

<fritolay66 > wrote:

Mel......

Sybelle Faye from avian web might be able to

answer questions regarding listerine use and associated toxicity issues that

you may be able to correlate with your dog.

sfavianweb

Re: Update on vinegar

Hi Mel- thanks for caring about us. We have so much to thank you, Ray,

Frito and the others in the group for encouraging us and providing the

needed hope to keep figthing.

We found a great family that is keeping our dog. We miss him a lot but I

feel very good that he's receiving a lot of love and care after

suffering so much. They have him completely spoiled and I know he loves

just that. Who doesn't ? We see him about once a week and he always look

happy.

How compassionate and big hearted you are to have adopted your

neighboors dog!! That shows how much you care for others despite your

current situation.

Regarding a shampoo, I think Ray once mentioned that Listerine may be

used to bathe the dogs. I used mitaban which I got from a caring vet in

addition to hidrogen perozide shampoos which are mainly prescribed for

seborreic mange. (spelling?)

Our dog was free of symptoms after being away from our home but I

couldn't keep him here because he was getting reinfested all the time.

The vinegar works pretty good for us. We only spray heavily once a week

when we can be away for several hours to make sure it lingers long

enough to be effective. I don't think it has much of a residual effect

so I have to keep doing it. I buy the cheap white vinegar that costs

less than $2 a gallon so the treatment is within my budget. I've never

seen a living insect in the house after using vinegar.

Blessing to you and your loved ones.

MM

>

> Hi everyone,

> I wanted to share what have been working great for us.

> We've been using straight white vinegar as an environmental spray and

> to bathe and find that it works really good for what we have.

>

> We started using it about a week ago and the results are immediate.

> To bathe I find the most effective way for me is sparying the white

> vinegar all over me before getting wet and letting it sit for a

> couple of minutes. I get a burning sensation wherever I have mites.

> I then proceed to wash myself really good with dawn soap. My scalp

> gets covered in sort of a greasy layer, similar to that described by

> Rita, so sometimes I need to rinse my scalp twice.

>

> The white vinegar is really cheap, less than $2 for a gallon at

> Walmart and doesn't leave any visible residue on surfaces. My guess

> is that the acid power of the vinegar is what kills the mites.

>

> I spray it on the cars and on surface tops as well. To spray the

> house I have to use a respirator because the acid is so strong that

> it is hard to breathe. I leave the house closed for about 1/2 hour

> before opening the windows.

>

> I hope this can help someone else. So far it has been a great help

> for us. Our kids are doing great and I'm the only one who gets

> reinfested as I do the cleaning and dirty jobs.

> I have been unable to keep up with the forum because of all the

> cleaning and late nights but I think we are making a great progress

> towards getting rid of the mites.

> I noticed that mites are not attracted to the acid and started using

> it as a repellent as well.

>

> I am extremely thankful for all the support you guys are constantly

> pouring which always gives me the boost I need to keep fighting.

> I pray every morning that God gives us wisdom to get rid of this

> thing and strength to continue fighting until the end.

>

> I hope all you guys are doing great on your end of the battle.

>

> God Bless you all- Manymites

>

> --- End forwarded message ---

>

Guest guest

I am a huge pet lover too!! I have a blind double merle Australian

Shepherd that I adopted while in college, and I have a dalmatian mix

that I adopted when I was a freshman in high school. I also have a

black lab mix that was dumped out at our farm, and a white hound

dog/pointer mix (best guess) with a brown patch on his eye. He was a

neighbor's dog, but decided he liked my house better because I petted

him, and the neighbor doesn't want him back so he's mine now, haha. I

also have 2 long haired cats I adopted for my sister and her kids, but

her husband was allergic. I think one is a Maine coon, and the other

is a white long haired cat with grey calico spots and one blue eye and

one green eye. I'm also going to start fostering dogs for the humane

societies around my county (until my county gets the shelter built).

I think they help keep my stress down and they know when I don't feel

well.

~Autumn and Dink (Aussie), Sweetie (Dalmatian mix), Cheyenne (lab

mix), Jake (aka Spot (pointer/hound mix?), Sandy (Maine Coon?), and

Snow (White cat)

Guest guest

Group and Autumn

How wonderful you love animails. that is great. I havent read the

post very good. Would you please re-introduce yourself. I may have

deleted some post I havent read by accident. My name is Clora and I

am 54 years. I have arthritis. I take a lot of med. Welcome to our

group.

I think pets can lower our pain level too. I have 3 cats in the

house. , Cola and and they make my days wonderful.

gentle hugs

Clora

**************************************************************:

>

> I am a huge pet lover too!! I have a blind double merle Australian

> Shepherd that I adopted while in college, and I have a dalmatian mix

> that I adopted when I was a freshman in high school. I also have a

> black lab mix that was dumped out at our farm, and a white hound

> dog/pointer mix (best guess) with a brown patch on his eye. He was

a

> neighbor's dog, but decided he liked my house better because I

petted

> him, and the neighbor doesn't want him back so he's mine now,

haha. I

> also have 2 long haired cats I adopted for my sister and her kids,

but

> her husband was allergic. I think one is a Maine coon, and the

other

> is a white long haired cat with grey calico spots and one blue eye

and

> one green eye. I'm also going to start fostering dogs for the

humane

> societies around my county (until my county gets the shelter

built).

> I think they help keep my stress down and they know when I don't

feel

> well.

>

> ~Autumn and Dink (Aussie), Sweetie (Dalmatian mix), Cheyenne (lab

> mix), Jake (aka Spot (pointer/hound mix?), Sandy (Maine Coon?), and

> Snow (White cat)

>

Guest guest

Clora:

Yes, I think animals can help us with our pain and disease. I have a service

dog named Dewey. He is an Anatolian Shepherd and he is one of the best things

that has ever happened to me. I also have other dogs, horses, a coyote and

various small animals. I love them all, and they all help me in some small way.

--

Dodge

Let me deal with honor. Let me act with courage. Let me achieve humility.

Read my blog at:

http://jumpthis.wordpress.com

---- CLORA <clora4jesus@...> wrote:

=============

Group and Autumn

How wonderful you love animails. that is great. I havent read the

post very good. Would you please re-introduce yourself. I may have

deleted some post I havent read by accident. My name is Clora and I

am 54 years. I have arthritis. I take a lot of med. Welcome to our

group.

I think pets can lower our pain level too. I have 3 cats in the

house. , Cola and and they make my days wonderful.

gentle hugs

Clora

Guest guest

Dodge and group;

Yes that is so wonderful. I admire anyone that has such love for his

friends the animails. They will give you unconditional love. My cats

are so smart. They sometimes get jealous for my attention with each

other. Do you live on a big farm. It sure sounds like it. How

wonderful. I always wanted to live on a farm and have many animails

to be my friends.

Not a working farm but a pet farm. Your friends are so fortunate to

have you for their friend. Sounds like some great names you gave

them. I love to massage my cats head and back and they love it to.

They love me and I am so grateful to have them.

gentle hugs

Clora

> Clora:

>

> Yes, I think animals can help us with our pain and disease. I have

a service dog named Dewey. He is an Anatolian Shepherd and he is one

of the best things that has ever happened to me. I also have other

dogs, horses, a coyote and various small animals. I love them all,

and they all help me in some small way.

>

> --

> Dodge

>

> Let me deal with honor. Let me act with courage. Let me achieve

humility.

>

> Read my blog at:

> http://jumpthis.wordpress.com

>

> ---- CLORA <clora4jesus@...> wrote:

>

> =============

> Group and Autumn

>

> How wonderful you love animails. that is great. I havent read the

> post very good. Would you please re-introduce yourself. I may have

> deleted some post I havent read by accident. My name is Clora and

I

> am 54 years. I have arthritis. I take a lot of med. Welcome to

our

> group.

>

> I think pets can lower our pain level too. I have 3 cats in the

> house. , Cola and and they make my days wonderful.

>

> gentle hugs

> Clora

>

Guest guest

Awwww - I wanna go play at Autumn's farm *lol*. It is proven that

animals reduce stress and can actually help to make people feel

better. I know my cats are like that for me......Doreen :)

--- In , " a_mccombs2003 " <autumnmccombs@...>

wrote:

>

> I am a huge pet lover too!! I have a blind double merle Australian

> Shepherd that I adopted while in college, and I have a dalmatian mix

> that I adopted when I was a freshman in high school. I also have a

> black lab mix that was dumped out at our farm, and a white hound

> dog/pointer mix (best guess) with a brown patch on his eye. He was

> a neighbor's dog, but decided he liked my house better because I

> petted him, and the neighbor doesn't want him back so he's mine

> now, haha. I also have 2 long haired cats I adopted for my sister

> and her kids, but her husband was allergic. I think one is a Maine

> coon, and the other is a white long haired cat with grey calico

> spots and one blue eye and one green eye. I'm also going to start

> fostering dogs for the humane societies around my county (until my

> county gets the shelter built). I think they help keep my stress

> down and they know when I don't feel well.

>

> ~Autumn and Dink (Aussie), Sweetie (Dalmatian mix), Cheyenne (lab

> mix), Jake (aka Spot (pointer/hound mix?), Sandy (Maine Coon?), and

> Snow (White cat)

>

Guest guest

Wow, Dodge! I just Googled Anatolian Shepherd and was surprised at

the size! Dewey must be a big guy, too?!?! You said Dewey is a service

dog. I've heard of several types of service dogs like for the blind

and even one that could sense when its owner was in danger of a

seizure (could that have been TV fiction?). I am curious as to what

services he Dewey for you? Beautiful dogs.......Doreen :)

>

> Clora:

>

> Yes, I think animals can help us with our pain and disease. I have

> a service dog named Dewey. He is an Anatolian Shepherd and he is

> one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I also have

> other dogs, horses, a coyote and various small animals. I love

> them all, and they all help me in some small way.

>

> --

> Dodge