RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: Mc Cains possible VP Pick - Mom with Downs syndrome child?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

No and actually he lost a wife and daughter in a tragic car accident and two

sons seriously injured so he may actually be a little bitter..

who knows.

--"Once you choose hope, anything's possible." Reeve

-------------- Original message --------------

Bias? LOLBiden doesn’t have a kid with a disability. -On 8/29/08 11:29 PM, "Lin Wessels" <linwessels> wrote:

"OK- I just heard her speech.I don’t believe she said anything about Downs, Autism, Disabilities,ightfor the disabled.... Etc."Did Biden when he made his VP nomination speech? Or is this bias?Lin> >>> > >> >>> > > Hate to say it- but I don’t care.> >>> > >> >>> > > She has VERY LITTLE experience, is a republican, isanti-choice,> > is> >> > pro-guns> >>> > > and she is under investigation for firing someone for nothiring> > her> >>> > > brother-in-law.> >>>> > > >> >>> > >> >>> > >> >>> > >> >>> > >> >> >> >>

BR>

Guest guest

Trish,

Its funny you mentioned that, b/c that was the first clue I had that my parents

(staunch republicans) didn't "get it" they were sooooo upset when Mitt Romney

dropped out of the Pres. race. And then that comment was made and I was upset

they were still focused on HIM!!

No clue!

Since Ron was forced out of the race by the media darlings, I was afraid that we would never see a Candidate (Prez or VP) who is not afraid to take on crooks and bullies in powerful positions. It'll be interesting to see if Gov. Palin will stand up to the likes of Big Pharma. I was relieved when I heard that Mitt Romney was not the Vice Presidential Candidate. I'll never forget that first debate when McCain was talking about Big Pharma. Mitt Romney was quick to defend them saying that the pharmaceutical companies aren't "evil". McCain shot back saying something like Oh yes, they are! He certainly got MY attention that night! I think that McCain's choice of a running mate was a good one! We certainly have an interesting 2 months ahead of us!One way or another, I have never been so motivated to follow a Presidential race!!!!>> _http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/29/mccain-to-name-running-mate-on-friday> /_ > (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/29/mccain-to-name-running-mate-on-friday/) > > > > **************It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel > deal here. > (http://information.travel.aol.com/deals?ncid=aoltrv00050000000047)>

Guest guest

hello... I really can't believe that NO one on the list wonders if she vaccinated her newborn? Her son .. I believe was born in april.. autism awareness... month... I would be thrilled to ever find out if she refused vaccines or THOUGHT about the whole autism epidemic.... or how is she doing the vaccine schedule for her newborn... Lia .. I could care less if she was a playboy bunny... or whatever..

Re: Mc Cains possible VP Pick - Mom with Downs syndrome child?

I think it is shallow to beleive that is McCain's reason for chosing her. Having met him on several occasions, he always impressed me as someone who cares deepl

y about his country and desires true change for the better!

Look at what she has done in a very short time for her state! Perhaps that had something to do with his decission?!?

Lin

> >>> > >

> >>> > > Hate to say it- but I don¹t care.

> >>> > >

> >>> > > She has VERY LITTLE experience, is a republican, is anti-choice,

> > is

> >> > pro-guns

> >>> > > and she is under investigation for firing someone for not hiring

> > her

> >>> > > brother-in-law.

> >>>> > > >

> >>> > >

> >>> > >

> >>> > >

> >>> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

Guest guest

She may have been at home.. "working".... define working... was she getting in her car and leaving? or the work being sent home... Lia

My apologies if this has already been mentioned (I haven't finished reading all of today's EOHarm postings yet), but what struck me ODD about Sara Palin was reading today (tho' I can't recall exactly where), that she went back to work a mere 3 DAYS after Trig was born!! How can you hope to "bond" with your kid, if you leave them that early? That does not auger w

ell for doing right by kids with disabilities.

Aasa

http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ _Palin

According to wikipedia, and other articles, the "investigation" of

her is a little different than described. Some Republicans have been

our strongest allies. Sheila

> >

> > Hate to say it- but I don’t care.

> >

> > She has VERY LITTLE experience, is a republican, is anti-choice,

is

> pro-guns

> > and she is under investigation for firing someone for not hiring

her

> > brother-in-law.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

Get the MapQuest Toolbar. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices More!

Guest guest

Much as Dad may be perfect in many other ways he has not got .the correct balance of fatty acids and immunological profile to nuture a child in the first few months of life, to build up gut flora to fight infection etc etc so those dreaded vaccines are not needed. To go back to work at 3 days is not giving your kid the best in life.IMO

Ange

I find it a little surprising how some are so quick to go for thethroat without knowing much about her (or her mothering habits). Perhaps the kids are bonded with dad. Why isn't anyone scratching hiseyes out? I found Kim Stagliano's Huffington piece particularly cattyand partisan, too. Palin may end up being a strong advocate for ourcommunity, like as in staunch conservative Dan Burton. Or maybe not.Time will tell and there is no need to rush to the negative, is there? Shame on you Kim, retract those nails. . .Lenny>> My apologies if this has already been mentioned (I haven't finishedreading all of today's EOHarm postings yet), but what struck me ODDabout Sara Palin was reading today (tho' I can't recallexactly where), that she went back to work a mere 3 DAYS after Trigwas born!! How can you hope to "bond" with your kid, if you leave themthat early? That does not auger well for doing right by kids withdisabilities. > > Aasa>

Guest guest

you KNOW... everyone... in CHINA.. years ago.... the woman gave birth and was back in the fields a day later.. with the baby on her back... it is not impossible... Lia.. many women are up to it.. many are not..

I had to recap this part Aasa wrote-- makes me wonder if she is not in touch with her feelings/ body. I had several child births; easy compared to many. But I was NOT ready to get up and go to work in 3 days! I could see handling some work issues from home, but not

putting in a full day, - plus her 4 other children. Maybe her husband is able to carry the family when Mom is unavailable. I didn't know about the beauty queen part until I read it here, but how can anyone leave their newly born child at 3 days of age? That's what hit me! Hell, how long did we have to fight to get decent maternity leaves from work? When my oldest sons were born, paid mat leave in Ontario was 17 weeks or so, now it is a more kid-friendly year-long leave.

Aasa

P.S., Besides, nature has its only little way of making sure most moms cannot stray too far from home easily, shortly after giving birth: all that ensuing bleeding. That's what I hated the most after any/all of my pregnancies, the 6-week-looong "period" afterward. If I had gone back to work after 3 days, I would have likely gotten fired for spending too much time in the bathroom, aside from being a bit of a wreck from too little sleep. Sorry guys, (to the male readers here, especially), but that's the reality of giving birth. I just can't wrap my head around how someone could even physically go back to work (unless you're working from home, I suppose), 3 days after giving birth. In EOHarm , shellydavidson@... wrote:

>

> Yes I agree with you Aasa, I had a c-section and was in the hospital for

> 7 days and couldn't imaging going back to work physically I would have never

> lasted.

> > --

> "Once you choose hope, anything's possible." > Reeve

> > -------------- Original message -------------- > > I didn't know about the beauty queen part until I read it here, but how can anyone leave their newly born child at 3 days of age? That's what hit me! Hell, how long did we have to fight to get decent maternity leaves from work? When my oldest sons were born, paid mat leave in Ontario was 17 weeks or so, now it is a more kid-friendly year-long leave.

> > Aasa

> P.S., Besides, nature has its only little way of making sure most moms cannot stray too far from home easily, shortly after giving birth: all that ensuing bleeding. That's what I hated the most after any/all of my pregnancies, the 6-week-looong "period" afterward. If I had gone back to work after 3 days, I would have likely gotten fired for spending too much time in the bathroom, aside from being a bit of a wreck from too little sleep. Sorry guys, (to the male readers here, especially), but that's the reality of giving birth. I just can't wrap my head around how someone could even physically go back to work (unless you're working from home, I suppose), 3 days after giving birth. > >

> > > > > > http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ _Palin

> > According to wikipedia, and other articles, the "investigation" of > her is a little different than described. Some Republicans have been > our strongest allies. Sheila

> >

> > >

> > > Hate to say it- but I don't care.

> > > > > > She has VERY LITTLE experience, is a republican, is anti-

choice, > is > > pro-guns

> > > and she is under investigation for firing someone for not hiring > her

> > > brother-in-law.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

>

------------------------------------

Guest guest

Different circumstances, not comparable imo. If she lived somewhere like that, no big deal. But she doesn't. From the outside (of course, I don't know their situation), it seems she didn't HAVE to go back to work that soon. My understanding is her husband made the money that she didn't have to go back that quick. A couple weeks is one thing, but 3 days?To each their own, I'm certainly not going to NOT vote for her because of this, kwim?> > > > > > http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ _Palin> > According to wikipedia, and other articles, the "investigation" of > her is a little different than described. Some Republicans have been > our strongest allies. Sheila> > > > >> > > Hate to say it- but I don't care.> > > > > > She has VERY LITTLE experience, is a republican, is anti-choice, > is > > pro-guns> > > and she is under investigation for firing someone for not hiring > her> > > brother-in-law.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >>------------ --------- --------- ------

Guest guest

Unless this was a planned pregnancy.. accidents DO HAPPEN.... .. and if she and her husband want more children.. that is their business. At least... she is not out there... having affairs and getting pregnant by some one else.. like so many politicians and past presidents have done. and if she has a sixth.. then.. that again ... is their business. Lia

Not to put more fuel on this fire about Palin, but can somebody please

tell me 1) why a strong pro-life politician would even bother to be tested for

DS? They said that they knew in the womb that "tests" showed DS. My

guess is that she got an amnio, because blood tests are not

conclusive. I may be wrong about this. I'm a strong believer "choice" as a public policy. But people may make

different personal decisions. That's what CHOICE means (pro choice

does NOT mean pro- abortion). I chose not to get an amnio and not to

abort when I was pregnant with my now only child, because I did not

want to risk a miscarriage with amnio and decided that I wanted the

baby no matter what. I made that personal decision, but I want women

to have that choice as a matter of public policy.

2) I know I will get a lot of heat for this but, why would anybody get

pregnant with their 5th child while bearing the very serious

responsibility of governing a state? And why would anyone get pregnant

at age 44 knowing that the risk is so high for DS? Can we assume that

it is possible that Palin may get pregnant with a 6th child while in

the White House? It's conceivable based on the pattern here. And

please don't tell me "what's wrong with that?" 3) forget going back to work after 3 days--which I assume was because

of her tremendous responsibilities as a governor, in which case she

should never have become pregnant at a job like that to begin with

IMHO-- but what about being able to give ANY kind of attention and

care to this special child down the road? How can anybody have 5

children, run for VP, still have the responsibilities of governorship

AND attend to all these kiddos properly? How? How? How? I regard this part of this candidate's life (I'm not saying anything

about her political career--YET) a bit tainted by poor judgment.

My opinion. I too am ready to be slapped around. So go ahead if you like.

Beti

> >

> > My apologies if this has already been mentioned (I haven't finished

> reading all of today's EOHarm postings yet), but what struck me ODD

> about Sara Palin was reading today (tho' I can't recall

> exactly where), that she went back to work a mere 3 DAYS after Trig

> was born!! How can you hope to "bond" with your kid, if you leave them

> that early? That does not auger well for doing right by kids with

> disabilities. > > > > Aasa

> >

>

Guest guest

Larry king said last night that she got an amnio.

Not to put more fuel on this fire about Palin, but can somebody pleasetell me 1) why a strong pro-life politician would even bother to be tested forDS? They said that they knew in the womb that "tests" showed DS. Myguess is that she got an amnio, because blood tests are notconclusive. I may be wrong about this. I'm a strong believer "choice" as a public policy. But people may makedifferent personal decisions. That's what CHOICE means (pro choicedoes NOT mean pro- abortion). I chose not to get an amnio and not toabort when I was pregnant with my now only child, because I did notwant to risk a miscarriage with amnio and decided that I wanted thebaby no matter what. I made that personal decision, but I want womento have that choice as a matter of public policy.2) I know I will get a lot of heat for this but, why would anybody getpregnant with their 5th child while bearing the very seriousresponsibility of gover

ning a state? And why would anyone get pregnantat age 44 knowing that the risk is so high for DS? Can we assume thatit is possible that Palin may get pregnant with a 6th child while inthe White House? It's conceivable based on the pattern here. Andplease don't tell me "what's wrong with that?" 3) forget going back to work after 3 days--which I assume was becauseof her tremendous responsibilities as a governor, in which case sheshould never have become pregnant at a job like that to begin withIMHO-- but what about being able to give ANY kind of attention andcare to this special child down the road? How can anybody have 5children, run for VP, still have the responsibilities of governorshipAND attend to all these kiddos properly? How? How? How? I regard this part of this candidate's life (I'm not saying anythingabout her political career--YET) a bit tainted by poor judgment.My opinion. I too am ready to be slapped aro

und. So go ahead if you like.Beti > >> > My apologies if this has already been mentioned (I haven't finished> reading all of today's EOHarm postings yet), but what struck me ODD> about Sara Palin was reading today (tho' I can't recall> exactly where), that she went back to work a mere 3 DAYS after Trig> was born!!

How can you hope to "bond" with your kid, if you leave them> that early? That does not auger well for doing right by kids with> disabilities. > > > > Aasa> >>

Guest guest

You don't know what her reasonings were to get the amnio.

I had to have one... for many reasons and I would not abort.

And on Larry King they said she is a very "plan ahead person and likes to know"

so maybe there were high risks for something other than DS in her side or

her husband's side - and remember there are TWO people in the marriage,

not just the MOM can decide to have the amnio..

I got pregnant late due to cancer,would you judge me?

I am not saying she is the due all end all and by no means think she is the most qualified

person for the VP but these are no reason to "disqualify her".

Not to put more fuel on this fire about Palin, but can somebody pleasetell me 1) why a strong pro-life politician would even bother to be tested forDS? They said that they knew in the womb that "tests" showed DS. Myguess is that she got an amnio, because blood tests are notconclusive. I may be wrong about this. I'm a strong believer "choice" as a public policy. But people may makedifferent personal decisions. That's what CHOICE means (pro choicedoes NOT mean pro- abortion). I chose not to get an amnio and not toabort when I was pregnant with my now only child, because I did notwant to risk a miscarriage with amnio and decided that I wanted thebaby no matter what. I made that personal decision, but I want womento have that choice as a matter of public policy.2) I know I will get a lot of heat for this but, why would anybody getpregnant with their 5th child while bearing the very seriousresponsibility of gover

ning a state? And why would anyone get pregnantat age 44 knowing that the risk is so high for DS? Can we assume thatit is possible that Palin may get pregnant with a 6th child while inthe White House? It's conceivable based on the pattern here. Andplease don't tell me "what's wrong with that?" 3) forget going back to work after 3 days--which I assume was becauseof her tremendous responsibilities as a governor, in which case sheshould never have become pregnant at a job like that to begin withIMHO-- but what about being able to give ANY kind of attention andcare to this special child down the road? How can anybody have 5children, run for VP, still have the responsibilities of governorshipAND attend to all these kiddos properly? How? How? How? I regard this part of this candidate's life (I'm not saying anythingabout her political career--YET) a bit tainted by poor judgment.My opinion. I too am ready to be slapped aro

und. So go ahead if you like.Beti > >> > My apologies if this has already been mentioned (I haven't finished> reading all of today's EOHarm postings yet), but what struck me ODD> about Sara Palin was reading today (tho' I can't recall> exactly where), that she went back to work a mere 3 DAYS after Trig> was born!!

How can you hope to "bond" with your kid, if you leave them> that early? That does not auger well for doing right by kids with> disabilities. > > > > Aasa> >>

Guest guest

yes, it was called grunting and grueling.

It was removed from the agenda in 1280.

M

Subject: Re: Mc Cains possible VP Pick - Mom with Downs syndrome child?To: EOHarm Date: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 7:18 PM

>> you KNOW... everyone... in CHINA.. years ago.... the woman gavebirth and was back in the fields a day later.. with the baby on herback... it is not impossible.. . Lia.. many women are up to it.. manyare not.. Was this an Olympic event?Lenny(ducking and running)

Guest guest

due to a shortage of lead laden back-packs.

M

From: schaferatsprynet <schafersprynet (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Mc Cains possible VP Pick - Mom with Downs syndrome child?To: EOHarmyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 7:18 PM

>> you KNOW... everyone... in CHINA.. years ago.... the woman gavebirth and was back in the fields a day later.. with the baby on herback... it is not impossible.. . Lia.. many women are up to it.. manyare not.. Was this an Olympic event?Lenny(ducking and running)

Guest guest

yes... you didn't have to be at least 16... to qualify.. Lia

>

> you KNOW... everyone... in CHINA.. years ago.... the woman gave

birth and was back in the fields a day later.. with the baby on her

back... it is not impossible... Lia.. many women are up to it.. many

are not.. Was this an Olympic event?

Lenny

(ducking and running)

Guest guest

, Thanks for your post-I agree. yurcinan921 wrote: Wow!! I don't think I've EVER read or heard so many women putting downanother woman for her choices. I am not good at judging other's untilI've walked in their shoes. It's her and her families life, NOT OURS!! Seems like there are a lot of Mrs. Kravitz's on here. Remember, how wewomen stick together and tell our little girls that they can be anythingthey want to be when they grow up. Then when they grow

up and strive tochange things and do what they aspire to they seem to have other womendo nothing but put them down and judge them for everything. I say leaveher alone and let's wait and see what this wonderful woman has to offer.We may be surprised! Let her tackle the good ole boys and see how muchshe can change in Washington D.C.I can't believe that I am a Grandmother ready to turn 60 soon ,watchingmy daughter deal with my Grandson with Autism. She has been fightingfor him for 9 years now since his diagnosis. I am so proud of her andthe things she has done. I couldn't have handled the things she had todo for him to make his life easier. She worked and worked and read andread EVERYTHING she could. and it worked. With everything she did he isno longer considered Autistic. He is attending Catholic School thisyear in the 4th grade and is doing wonderful. I always told her shecould do anything she wanted or be

anything she wanted. I would neverput her down for any choice she made in her life or let anyone tell hershe wasn't a GREAT MOM from ANY choices she made. We are ALL differentand our own person. So if any of you are the perfect Mother and you doeverything right, then by all means cast the 1st stone. I can't believeyou young women haven't learned anything from your Moms andGrandmothers. We didn't have many choices. You do, even with disabledchildren. Make the most of your lives and always make sure you back upany Mother's dreams and goals. I say to Sara "YOU GO GIRL". Thank youfor letting me vent.MAY ALL OF YOU REACH YOUR HIGHEST GOALS AND RAISE YOUR LITTLE GIRLS TODO THE SAME!!> > >> > > My apologies if this has already been mentioned (I haven'tfinished> > reading all of today's EOHarm postings yet), but what struck me ODD> > about Sara Palin was reading today (tho' I can't recall> > exactly where), that she went back to work a mere 3 DAYS after Trig> > was born!! How can you hope to "bond" with your kid, if you leavethem> > that early? That does not auger well for doing right by kids with> > disabilities.> > >> > > Aasa> > >> >>

Guest guest

We need to be careful not mistake a woman for the RIGHT woman. While I firmly believe that America needs a woman in the white house, I don’t believe it enough to vote for just any woman, even if she is the mother of a special needs child. (And I don't see what is so noble about a woman who is rigidly anti-abortion choosing to keep her Down's Syndrome child.  For her there WAS no choice.  She doesn't believe women should have that choice.  I far more respect a woman who is pro-choice and decides to keep a baby with special needs.  THAT is a REAL choice.) Senator McCain's choice of a running mate is very far out of line with my values. It is absolutely appalling to me that Governor Palin, a mother of five children, could so blatantly ignore the environmental catastrophes that are occurring, literally, right outside her door. Her actions have shown that she doesn’t care if the polar bear disappears off the face of the earth, or whether grey wolves are altogether exterminated from certain areas of Alaska in order to boost the population of caribou and brown bear simply for hunters' enjoyment. And then there's her support of drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and her refusing to protect the precious population of Beluga Whales in Alaska's Cook Inlet, because it could halt oil drilling efforts there.  Some may say that these actions mean nothing in the larger scheme of things or when weighed against the “progress” that she has made as governor of Alaska, but we must look at the bigger picture and acknowledge the importance of ecological balance. If our government continues to ignore the needs of the environment in which we live, it will bring us closer to the end of the world as we know it, a path that has been steadily forged over the past 8 years, which is a long time when it comes to the fragile balance of bio-diversity on the planet. If people with these types of values are running the country, then we may well be facing another horrible war....the war on the natural world and our children’s future. We are also in an environmental crisis like none this planet has ever seen before I believe in Mother Earth more than I believe in just any woman who claims to know what’s best for my country, my body and for my children. If I am going to vote for a woman as a leader of my country, she must respect the principles of LIFE in BALANCE and put the Earth first, because that’s what the men of Washington need to learn the most and that’s what the RIGHT woman will help teach them.

Guest guest

Thank you ! I have just joined this board looking

for guidance with my two children with Autism. I was disappointed to hear all

of the negativity towards this mom just because she is a conservative. Some of

our best advocates in government are conservative.

I too have been a maverick mom and my

decisions have been judged by family, friends, doctors and other professionals.

, thank

you for being so supportive of your daughter! I am lucky enough to have a mom

that has supported me in every decision I have made. That has meant the world

to me! Thank you !

EOHarm [mailto:EOHarm ] On Behalf Of yurcinan921

Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008

10:05 PM

To: EOHarm

Subject: Re: Mc Cains

possible VP Pick - Mom with Downs syndrome

child?

Wow!! I don't think I've EVER read or heard so many women putting down

another woman for her choices. I am not good at judging other's until

I've walked in their shoes. It's her and her families life, NOT OURS!!

Seems like there are a lot of Mrs. Kravitz's on here. Remember, how we

women stick together and tell our little girls that they can be anything

they want to be when they grow up. Then when they grow up and strive to

change things and do what they aspire to they seem to have other women

do nothing but put them down and judge them for everything. I say leave

her alone and let's wait and see what this wonderful woman has to offer.

We may be surprised! Let her tackle the good ole boys and see how much

she can change in Washington

D.C.

I can't believe that I am a Grandmother ready to turn 60 soon ,watching

my daughter deal with my Grandson with Autism. She has been fighting

for him for 9 years now since his diagnosis. I am so proud of her and

the things she has done. I couldn't have handled the things she had to

do for him to make his life easier. She worked and worked and read and

read EVERYTHING she could. and it worked. With everything she did he is

no longer considered Autistic. He is attending Catholic School

this

year in the 4th grade and is doing wonderful. I always told her she

could do anything she wanted or be anything she wanted. I would never

put her down for any choice she made in her life or let anyone tell her

she wasn't a GREAT MOM from ANY choices she made. We are ALL different

and our own person. So if any of you are the perfect Mother and you do

everything right, then by all means cast the 1st stone. I can't believe

you young women haven't learned anything from your Moms and

Grandmothers. We didn't have many choices. You do, even with disabled

children. Make the most of your lives and always make sure you back up

any Mother's dreams and goals. I say to Sara " YOU GO GIRL " . Thank you

for letting me vent.

MAY ALL OF YOU REACH YOUR HIGHEST GOALS AND RAISE YOUR LITTLE GIRLS TO

DO THE SAME!!

> > >

> > > My apologies if this has already been mentioned (I haven't

finished

> > reading all of today's EOHarm postings yet), but what struck me ODD

> > about Sara Palin was reading today (tho' I can't recall

> > exactly where), that she went back to work a mere 3 DAYS after Trig

> > was born!! How can you hope to " bond " with your kid, if you

leave

them

> > that early? That does not auger well for doing right by kids with

> > disabilities.

> > >

> > > Aasa

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Well said Beti!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I look at Palin as a political leader. I look at her record. I disagree with most of what she does and it scares me to think of her, or McCain for that matter, as President.

99% of the people on this list HATE Hillary with a passion and there was no talk about how Moms should support her because she is a woman. You can’t have it both ways.

With all due respect , being a female and a mother of a special

child are not sufficient reasons for electing someone to the

presidency or the vice presidency. What you call " back stabbing " is my

right as a citizen and as a voter to disagree with a candidate's

qualifications. The main issue here is not whether or not she is a

good mother, but whether or not she is going to make a good V.P., and

by sheer accident (God forbid), might make a good president.

People come and go, ideas remain. It's my humble opinion that there is

more chance in a democratic administration to take on big

corporations, and that includes big pharma, than under a republican one.

Beti

> > > > > >

> > > > > > My apologies if this has already been mentioned (I haven't

> > > finished

> > > > > reading all of today's EOHarm postings yet), but what struck me

> > ODD

> > > > > about Sara Palin was reading today (tho' I can't recall

> > > > > exactly where), that she went back to work a mere 3 DAYS after

> > Trig

> > > > > was born!! How can you hope to " bond " with your kid, if you

> > leave

> > > them

> > > > > that early? That does not auger well for doing right by kids

> > with

> > > > > disabilities.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Aasa

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

PUPPETS FOR THE CAMERAS AND THE MEDIA

PUPPET CLOWNS,

NOBODY CAN THINK ANYMORE

Obama, McCain it's all the same! NWO puppets.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > My apologies if this has already been mentioned (I haven't> > > > > finished> > > > > > > reading all of today's EOHarm postings yet), but what struck> me> > > > ODD> > > > > > > about Sara Palin was reading today (tho' I can't recall> > > > > > > exactly where), that she went back to work a mere 3 DAYS> after> > > > Trig> > > > > > > was born!! How can you hope to "bond" with your kid, if you> > > > leave> > > > > them> > > > > > > that early? That does not auger well for doing right by kids> > > > with> > > > > > > disabilities.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Aasa> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

She probably had the luxury of working from home and for taking the baby with her.

Primer who lives in Oceanside but is in Carlsbad Unified School District

~All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. -- Arthur Schopenhauer

~Well-behaved women seldom make history~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I didn't know about the beauty queen part until I read it here, but how can anyone leave their newly born child at 3 days of age? That's what hit me! Hell, how long did we have to fight to get decent maternity leaves from work? When my oldest sons were born, paid mat leave in Ontario was 17 weeks or so, now it is a more kid-friendly year-long leave.

Aasa

P.S., Besides, nature has its only little way of making sure most moms cannot stray too far from home easily, shortly after giving birth: all that ensuing bleeding. That's what I hated the most after any/all of my pregnancies, the 6-week-looong "period" afterward. If I had gone back to work after 3 days, I would have likely gotten fired for spending too much time in the bathroom, aside from being a bit of a wreck from too little sleep. Sorry guys, (to the male readers here, especially), but that's the reality of giving birth. I just can't wrap my head around how someone could even physically go back to work (unless you're working from home, I suppose), 3 days after giving birth.

http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ _PalinAccording to wikipedia, and other articles, the "investigation" of her is a little different than described. Some Republicans have been our strongest allies. Sheila> >> > Hate to say it- but I don’t care.> > > > She has VERY LITTLE experience, is a republican, is anti-choice, is > pro-guns> > and she is under investigation for firing someone for not hiring her> > brother-in-law.> > > > > > > > > > >

Guest guest

Lujene, I had this same conversation on Friday with my co workers and husband. I am with you in the Mommy Party....

I like the fact that Gov. Palin is NOT a Washington insider. I like the fact that she has already proven she is willing to buck her own party and the party line when she thinks they are wrong. I like someone who won't go along to get along...a Maverick Mama (nod of recognition and respect to my dear friend, Barbara Fischkin). I like the fact that she is a mother...and hopefully a mother who can understand our heartbreak and frustration of raising a special needs child. Even if she doesn't do a 10 second sound bite in time for the evening news uttering the "A" word...as long as she will listen and ACT in the best interests of our children then I'm willing to reserve judgment.As for me...I am now officially a member of the Mommy Party - any candidate that will ACT in the best interests of our children and FOLLOW THROUGH will have my vote and financial support regardless if they are an ass or an

elephant.

~All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. -- Arthur Schopenhauer

Guest guest

"3) forget going back to work after 3 days--which I assume was becauseof her tremendous responsibilities as a governor, in which case sheshould never have become pregnant at a job like that to begin withIMHO-- but what about being able to give ANY kind of attention andcare to this special child down the road? How can anybody have 5children, run for VP, still have the responsibilities of governorshipAND attend to all these kiddos properly? How? How? How? "

Wow I am speechless....As a mom of 4 who works full time, volunteers for numerous organizations, I personally think parents of 3 or more children have the skills needed to be more organized and understand the how to get stuff done. I have had more parents of 2 kids tell me they can't volunteer due to having to get two kids to two different places. Most of the mom's I know who do the most have the most kids. Just my 2 cents.

Not to put more fuel on this fire about Palin, but can somebody pleasetell me 1) why a strong pro-life politician would even bother to be tested forDS? They said that they knew in the womb that "tests" showed DS. Myguess is that she got an amnio, because blood tests are notconclusive. I may be wrong about this. I'm a strong believer "choice" as a public policy. But people may makedifferent personal decisions. That's what CHOICE means (pro choicedoes NOT mean pro- abortion). I chose not to get an amnio and not toabort when I was pregnant with my now only child, because I did notwant to risk a miscarriage with amnio and decided that I wanted thebaby no matter what. I made that personal decision, but I want womento have that choice as a matter of public policy.2) I know I will get a lot of heat for this but, why would anybody getpregnant with their 5th child while bearing the very

seriousresponsibility of governing a state? And why would anyone get pregnantat age 44 knowing that the risk is so high for DS? Can we assume thatit is possible that Palin may get pregnant with a 6th child while inthe White House? It's conceivable based on the pattern here. Andplease don't tell me "what's wrong with that?" 3) forget going back to work after 3 days--which I assume was becauseof her tremendous responsibilities as a governor, in which case sheshould never have become pregnant at a job like that to begin withIMHO-- but what about being able to give ANY kind of attention andcare to this special child down the road? How can anybody have 5children, run for VP, still have the responsibilities of governorshipAND attend to all these kiddos properly? How? How? How? I regard this part of this candidate's life (I'm not saying anythingabout her political career--YET) a bit tainted by

poor judgment.My opinion. I too am ready to be slapped around. So go ahead if you like.Beti >

>> > My apologies if this has already been mentioned (I haven't finished> reading all of today's EOHarm postings yet), but what struck me ODD> about Sara Palin was reading today (tho' I can't recall> exactly where), that she went back to work a mere 3 DAYS after Trig> was born!! How can you hope to "bond" with your kid, if you leave them> that early? That does not auger well for doing right by kids with> disabilities. > > > > Aasa> >>

Guest guest

People plan pregnancies? LOL As a mom of 4 none of ours were planned and my husband had radiation at 18 and we were told he could not have kids;-) And none of them look like the post man

I know this may come as a surprise to you Beti, but not all pregnancies are planned. ;-) The ONLY 100% fail-proof birth control is abstinence which is not a reasonable or viable option in a happy, healthy marriage. From news reports, it seems her pregnancy was a happy surprise. It was not as if she intentionally set out to be irresponsible to piss you off. Lujene

Guest guest

None of mine were planned either - I have three. Our third child was the biggest surprise of all!! God definitely has a sense of humor!

Subject: Re: Re: Mc Cains possible VP Pick - Mom with Downs syndrome child?To: EOHarm Date: Monday, September 1, 2008, 7:45 PM

People plan pregnancies? LOL As a mom of 4 none of ours were planned and my husband had radiation at 18 and we were told he could not have kids;-) And none of them look like the post man

I know this may come as a surprise to you Beti, but not all pregnancies are planned. ;-) The ONLY 100% fail-proof birth control is abstinence which is not a reasonable or viable option in a happy, healthy marriage. From news reports, it seems her pregnancy was a happy surprise. It was not as if she intentionally set out to be irresponsible to piss you off. Lujene

Guest guest

Well said , unfortunately you can take the women out of high school but a lot of times you can't take the high school out of women.

This is why I love working in an office full of men, I never wonder where I stand.

Wow!! I don't think I've EVER read or heard so many women putting downanother woman for her choices. I am not good at judging other's untilI've walked in their shoes. It's her and her families life, NOT OURS!! Seems like there are a lot of Mrs. Kravitz's on here. Remember, how wewomen stick together and tell our little girls that they can be anythingthey want to be when they grow up. Then when they grow up and strive tochange things and do what they aspire to they seem to have other womendo nothing but put them down and judge them for everything. I say leaveher alone and let's wait and see what this wonderful woman has to offer.We may be surprised! Let her tackle the good ole boys and see how muchshe can change in Washington D.C.I can't believe that I am a Grandmother ready to turn 60 soon ,watchingmy daughter deal with my Grandson with Autism. She has been fightingfor him for 9 years now

since his diagnosis. I am so proud of her andthe things she has done. I couldn't have handled the things she had todo for him to make his life easier. She worked and worked and read andread EVERYTHING she could. and it worked. With everything she did he isno longer considered Autistic. He is attending Catholic School thisyear in the 4th grade and is doing wonderful. I always told her shecould do anything she wanted or be anything she wanted. I would neverput her down for any choice she made in her life or let anyone tell hershe wasn't a GREAT MOM from ANY choices she made. We are ALL differentand our own person. So if any of you are the perfect Mother and you doeverything right, then by all means cast the 1st stone. I can't believeyou young women haven't learned anything from your Moms andGrandmothers. We didn't have many choices. You do, even with disabledchildren. Make the most of your lives and

always make sure you back upany Mother's dreams and goals. I say to Sara "YOU GO GIRL". Thank youfor letting me vent.MAY ALL OF YOU REACH YOUR HIGHEST GOALS AND RAISE YOUR LITTLE GIRLS TODO THE SAME!!>>

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Yahoo! News

Get it all here

Breaking news to

entertainment news

Yahoo! Groups

Special K ChallengeJoin others who are losing pounds.

Y! Groups blog

The place to go

to stay informed

on Groups news!

Guest guest

I think she is a great choice for VP! I am also proud of Palin's daughter for keeping her baby rather than killing it. Two wrongs never make a right. Not sure if getting married so young is a good idea but that is her personal decision too.

Subject: Re: Mc Cains possible VP Pick - Mom with Downs syndrome child?To: EOHarm Date: Friday, August 29, 2008, 8:11 PM

I think it is shallow to beleive that is McCain's reason for chosing her. Having met him on several occasions, he always impressed me as someone who cares deeply about his country and desires true change for the better!

Look at what she has done in a very short time for her state! Perhaps that had something to do with his decission?!?

Lin

> >>> > >> >>> > > Hate to say it- but I don¹t care.> >>> > > > >>> > > She has VERY LITTLE experience, is a republican, is anti-choice,> > is > >> > pro-guns> >>> > > and she is under investigation for firing someone for not hiring> >

her> >>> > > brother-in-law.> >>>> > > > > >>> > > > >>> > > > >>> > > > >>> > >> > > > > >>