RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Shout out

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Elaine you are so funny!

I am Jane, 50, No CA mom, grandma, and great grandma (by marriage) want to lose about 50 to 60 pounds...but not by tomorrow! lol

Jane

It's so great to hear from new people. There are over 1700 people signed up on this list and I've wondered about who those other people are, what's their story, where do they live. this is a wonderful time for us to introduce ourselves. I hope everyone agrees.

I'm Elaine and I live in Northern California. I'm 54 years-old and would like to lose about 120 pounds, preferably by tomorrow :) .

Happy New Year, everyone.

Elaine

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Guest guest

Hi Elaine!

Great idea ya got there!

I'm Pat I am 49 yers old and live in the San Francisco Bay Area of California and would like to lose 50 pounds, more would be great but I'm gonna take it slow and see what I can do by the end of the year.

It's 2008, lets make it great..sorry, hadda do a rhyme!

~(:D)

Shout out

It's so great to hear from new people. There are over 1700 people signed up on this list and I've wondered about who those other people are, what's their story, where do they live. this is a wonderful time for us to introduce ourselves. I hope everyone agrees.

I'm Elaine and I live in Northern California. I'm 54 years-old and would like to lose about 120 pounds, preferably by tomorrow :) .

Elaine

Guest guest

Great idea, Elaine!

I am , and I am 66 years old, a (mostly) retired nurse who lives on the Mississippi Gulf Coast with my adult daughter, three Labrador retrievers, three cats and an elderly thoroughbred horse. I lost 50 pounds earlier this year but gained some of it back over the holidays. I need to lose about 70 more. Portion control is what it is mostly about for me as well as better choices.

Shout out

Elaine

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1206 - Release Date: 1/1/2008 12:09 PM

Guest guest

I'm Elaine and I live in Northern California. I'm 54 years-old and would like to lose about 120 pounds, preferably by tomorrow :)

Elaine,

Nice to meet you! I love that line! I was picking on someone about wanting to lose weight quickly, but I think you have really summed up everyone's feelings! Unfortunately, I think the only way to lose it quite that quickly is with the chain saw diet, but it certainly expresses our desires! lol

JanetSee AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Guest guest

am , and I am 66 years old, a (mostly) retired nurse who lives on the Mississippi Gulf Coast with my adult daughter, three Labrador retrievers, three cats and an elderly thoroughbred horse

Hi ! I am Janet and I am also a newbie. I live in Raleigh NC, with my three dogs and a cat and I am a not retired nurse! Nice to meet you!See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Guest guest

Chainsaw diet, lol. That's a good one.

Elaine

I'm Elaine and I live in Northern California. I'm 54 years-old and would like to lose about 120 pounds, preferably by tomorrow :)

Elaine,

Nice to meet you! I love that line! I was picking on someone about wanting to lose weight quickly, but I think you have really summed up everyone's feelings! Unfortunately, I think the only way to lose it quite that quickly is with the chain saw diet, but it certainly expresses our desires! lol

Janet

See AOL's

top rated recipes and

easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Guest guest

Chainsaw diet, lol. That's a good one.

It's pretty radical, but probably not much more than the Cabbage Soup Diet if you have ever tried that one. lol

JanetSee AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

Guest guest

> Hello Elaine,

I am with you on that too..It to be 50 in five minutes...

Nice meeting you. Good luck on all your success!

>

> In a message dated 1/1/2008 6:38:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> elrole@... writes:

>

> I'm Elaine and I live in Northern California. I'm 54 years-old

and would

> like to lose about 120 pounds, preferably by tomorrow :)

>

>

> Elaine,

>

> Nice to meet you! I love that line! I was picking on someone

about wanting

> to lose weight quickly, but I think you have really summed up

everyone's

> feelings! Unfortunately, I think the only way to lose it quite

that quickly is

> with the chain saw diet, but it certainly expresses our desires!

lol

>

> Janet

>

>

>

> **************************************See AOL's top rated recipes

> (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)

>

Guest guest

>

> Happy New Year ,

Welcome to the group!

> In a message dated 1/1/2008 10:25:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

> labtrek1941@... writes:

>

> am , and I am 66 years old, a (mostly) retired nurse who lives

on the

> Mississippi Gulf Coast with my adult daughter, three Labrador

retrievers,

> three cats and an elderly thoroughbred horse

>

>

> Hi ! I am Janet and I am also a newbie. I live in Raleigh

NC, with my

> three dogs and a cat and I am a not retired nurse! Nice to meet

you!

>

>

>

> **************************************See AOL's top rated recipes

> (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)

>

Guest guest

Did I answer this? I do not remember!~ lol

I am a 50 year old mom, grandma, and great grandma (by marriage)..I am about 50 pounds more then I want to be, but very healthy. I backpack 40 to 120 miles at a stretch a couple times a year, camp with my grand kids, take trips, keep care of my honey, day care some of my grand kids, have my own business, grow a garden and can, love life, and live in No CA. I think that covers it. In my spare time I read, do puzzles, go to Curves, and help people. I also volunteer at school two days a week.

Wow! I think I like me! lolol

Jane

Well, that was fun but no need to stop. Nine down and 1746 members left to go. Come on, everyone.

Elaine

Elaine

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Guest guest

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane

PS I forgot..I also split wood as needed for the stove! lololol

Yes, Jane, you did answer it, but now you're a whole different woman. Matter-of-fact, last time you did it, you were a man. Gosh this is getting scary. your bad memory is letting the truth out. But which one is the truth, mmmmmm?

Just kidding, Jane. Thanks for always participating.

Elaine

I am a 50 year old mom, grandma, and great grandma (by marriage)..I am about 50 pounds more then I want to be, but very healthy. I backpack 40 to 120 miles at a stretch a couple times a year, camp with my grand kids, take trips, keep care of my honey, day care some of my grand kids, have my own business, grow a garden and can, love life, and live in No CA. I think that covers it. In my spare time I read, do puzzles, go to Curves, and help people. I also volunteer at school two days a week.

Jane

Guest guest

Oak is what I have been splitting! It gets very hard but I have found if I sink the ax in well then insert some wedges in the crack and use the maul to pound them down, it splits nicely. Trouble appears tho when you run into some old heavy duty wire that grew into the tree at some unknown time in the past! Lol Sometimes the wood already has some cracks from the drying process, so you just tap the wedges in and then give them some hearty whacks. It is kind of cool listening to the wood creak and groan as it gives way. (I know I am easily entertained! lol)

The oak is all gone now tho so I have some two year lod pecan to work on....now that is some hard wood! Not sure if I can do it but it is all we have so I guess i will try!

Jane

Need you to come show us how to split wood, Jane. We have tons of wood, mostly live oak from the hurricane, all cut to fireplace size but none is split. Becca has put some huge logs on and it takes forever for them to burn. Someone told us it was almost impossible to split, but this is now two years old, so we could probably do it if we had the technique down.

Re: Re: Shout out

Jane

In a message dated 1/10/2008 7:08:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, elrolegmail writes:

Yes, Jane, you did answer it, but now you're a whole different woman. Matter-of-fact, last time you did it, you were a man. Gosh this is getting scary. your bad memory is letting the truth out. But which one is the truth, mmmmmm?

Elaine

Jane

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release Date: 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

Guest guest

lol...TY ! Yes I was kind of surprised when I started writing it all down too...I think I am impressed! rofl!

Jane

I knew you were a busy lady, Jane, but all consolidated into one posting, it boggles my mind. I can see how you have a hard time getting a chance to eat.

Jane

In a message dated 1/10/2008 6:39:25 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, elrolegmail writes:

Well, that was fun but no need to stop. Nine down and 1746 members left to go. Come on, everyone.

Elaine

Elaine

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.0/1218 - Release Date: 1/10/2008 1:32 PM

Guest guest

ROFL...thank you Elaine! Actually Curves is the name of the exercise place I go...I love them! I am not sure they can be called a gym but they have a circuit of machines and a routine that changes month by month, so you get weight training along with the exercise. And yet I still have weight issues! oh well.....

Jane

I see you have no need to visit a gym, Jane. Even Jillian from the Biggest Loser couldn't keep up with you and she's a maniac for exercise.

Elaine

Oak is what I have been splitting! It gets very hard but I have found if I sink the ax in well then insert some wedges in the crack and use the maul to pound them down, it splits nicely. Trouble appears tho when you run into some old heavy duty wire that grew into the tree at some unknown time in the past! Lol Sometimes the wood already has some cracks from the drying process, so you just tap the wedges in and then give them some hearty whacks. It is kind of cool listening to the wood creak and groan as it gives way. (I know I am easily entertained! lol)

The oak is all gone now tho so I have some two year lod pecan to work on....now that is some hard wood! Not sure if I can do it but it is all we have so I guess i will try!

Jane

In a message dated 1/10/2008 8:03:20 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, labtrek1941bellsouth (DOT) net writes:

Need you to come show us how to split wood, Jane. We have tons of wood, mostly live oak from the hurricane, all cut to fireplace size but none is split. Becca has put some huge logs on and it takes forever for them to burn. Someone told us it was almost impossible to split, but this is now two years old, so we could probably do it if we had the technique down.

Jane

In a message dated 1/10/2008 7:08:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, elrolegmail writes:

Elaine

Jane

Guest guest

Elaine

Elaine

Guest guest

Elaine

Jane

Guest guest

I knew you were a busy lady, Jane, but all consolidated into one posting, it boggles my mind. I can see how you have a hard time getting a chance to eat.

Jane

In a message dated 1/10/2008 6:39:25 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, elrolegmail writes:

Elaine

Elaine

Guest guest

Jane

Elaine

Jane

Guest guest

I see you have no need to visit a gym, Jane. Even Jillian from the Biggest Loser couldn't keep up with you and she's a maniac for exercise.

Elaine

Jane

Jane

In a message dated 1/10/2008 7:08:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, elrole@...

writes:

Elaine

On 1/10/08, jjsmth@...

wrote:

Jane

Start the year off right.

Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Start the year off right.

Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Guest guest

Thanks. We will give it a try and let you know how it works for us.

Jane

Elaine

Jane

Guest guest

Wow Jane,

I think I like you too!!

JanetStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Guest guest

RE: Shout out

HI everyone.. I am (TnT for short)

I live in West Texas with my hubby, 2 of my 3 boys.. (17, 19 and the

oldest is 20 in the Air Force and stationed in Japan) and the new

addition to our family is my Mother in law :) She had a stroke in

July and now lives with us full time.. so life has been quite crazy.

As always I am on a quest to lose this stubborn weight!! I did

really well till I injured my knee and I have put back on most of

the weight I had previously lost.. so I am back to square one

again.. But I am determined to lose this weight on my very frugal

budget :)

I am glad to see the group growing and getting chatty again!! It

seems that everyone has the same New Year Resolution :)

Get off our fat butts and exercise and eat healthy to lose this

weight! I look forward to meeting new friends and rejoining with

old..

Hugs,

TnT

Guest guest

Hey TnT: I'm new here,==RAY, I live in So.Calif. I made a new years resolution. After gettin on the scale after the Holidays I need to loose the 10lbs or so I have added. I have a bad back an it literaly pains me to carry the extra weight around. I am in my late 60s,an never had a weight problem untill about 5yrs ago. Lately ,after abdominal surgery, two years ago I have packed on the extra lbs. I had emergency surgery to remove a blockage in my bowels. Had 40 staples right up the front of me,looked like the southern railroad tracks...LOL. My surgen told me to start eating about 6 small meals a day.Which I haven't done..! Could be the reason for the recent gain. I don't walk much an don't work out either,like I first did when I retired 9yrs ago. I do work now part-time,[couple of nights a week]. I use a golf-cart at work,an could walk more there. Which I plan on doin now. I took basic trainin at Lackland AFB in the early 60s. So I have been to Texas. Hot ,like here in

the summer an cold in the winter. Don't like walkin in the cold. Hope this is goin to movitate me to loose a little. At 6'ht,I should be around 180 or so,,,,I think?? Sooooo I need to loose about 30lbs ,huh? Wish me luck Taresa. I saw the notes from the girls downunder. I killed a small rattler in the chicken pen last summer. Well, I rattle on way too much,sorry......! Take Care RAY in Texas wrote: RE: Shout

outHI everyone.. I am (TnT for short)I live in West Texas with my hubby, 2 of my 3 boys.. (17, 19 and the oldest is 20 in the Air Force and stationed in Japan) and the new addition to our family is my Mother in law :) She had a stroke in July and now lives with us full time.. so life has been quite crazy. As always I am on a quest to lose this stubborn weight!! I did really well till I injured my knee and I have put back on most of the weight I had previously lost.. so I am back to square one again.. But I am determined to lose this weight on my very frugal budget :)I am glad to see the group growing and getting chatty again!! It seems that everyone has the same New Year Resolution :)Get off our fat butts and exercise and eat healthy to lose this weight! I look forward to meeting new friends and rejoining with old..Hugs,TnT

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

lol I think jane is such a hoot, i bet she is much fun to be around...this group is fun to watch and read about. grins

ROFL!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Jane

In a message dated 1/10/2008 7:08:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, elrolegmail (DOT) com writes:

Elaine

Jane

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.