RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Nita . That makes sense. I've been trying to figure out how the proportionality works in relation to the scale setting. What are the lowest and highest visible settings on the bar graph?

Mark

Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AM

Hi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance problems, and people want to come back to finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacman

Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address.

You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

Nita . That makes sense. I've been trying to figure out how the proportionality works in relation to the scale setting. What are the lowest and highest visible settings on the bar graph?

Mark

Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AM

Hi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance problems, and people want to come back to finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacman

You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

Mark,

I think about .2, maybe .4 on the bottom and then the top is at 2.0. But I bet you can change that as you need to since I sometimes change the top horizontal one if I don't want my trainer to be concerned about going too high. Some of the trainers are very sensitive to the red, to "failing". So if I'm working on moving it above say .8 I don't want them feeling bad if they run it too high and it goes past 2.0 and turns red at the top. The lowest I've had someone start at is about .4 or .5. Usually after one session I can move the threshold to .6 if I'm not using music. I bet the lowest setting would work at least for everyone I've trained.

I usually pause very 5 minutes and rest and sometimes talk a bit about how they are doing. This is when I remind them to aim higher than my threshold, to get the music louder and louder.

From what I've seen I've found if I set the sound to CD for one of the bar graphs it produces NO sound when it's below the threshold and anything above the threshold gives sound from the CD. The sound volume increases the higher they get, the farther above the threshold they get. My musician husband uses only one screen since all he cares about using is the music for his feedback. I do encourage him to keep an eye on the other bar and keep it green and to look at the bottom line graph to make sure he can see both colored lines as much as possible. At this point I may need to switch the sound to the other bar graph as his focus needs to be on that one now more than the other one. I'm sure he'll be all grumpy about that.

-Nita

From: pac pac <pac_aussieyahoo (DOT) com.au>Subject: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AM

Hi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance problems, and people want to come back to

finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacman

Guest guest

Thanks,Nita.

Guest guest

Thanks,Nita.