RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear ,

This sounds interesting - any specific reasons why Lexicor have not published these findings?

Bw

Soren

Soren Bo Andersen, Ph.D BrainValue A/SH.C.Ørstedsvej 701879 FrederiksbergDenmarkwww.brain-value.comsoren.andersen@...Phone: +45 2944 8644

To: braintrainer From: johngilbert@...Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 09:44:15 -0400Subject: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?

Gentlepeople, Yes conscious exercise during training absolutely improves learning. This was proven by Dr. Marvin Sams fifteen years ago. He used Tetris to occupy the minds of his ADD children while a bar graph in their peripheral vision kept them advised of how well they were doing improving their attention and concentration. Proprietary research done by me for Lexicor confirmed this finding but we used computerized games developed by EEG Spectrum's sales manager. What were the results? We were able to train ADD children in 20-25 sessions using the same protocols we previously used without the computerized "games." The net results was a decrease from 50-60 sessions to 20-25. Later by adding binaural sound (14 and 40 Hz) we were able to produce the same results in less than 20 sessions. Last I knew, Dr. Sams is still using Tetris and Lexicor will not release their data. Peace, _______________________________________________No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.Make My Way your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com Discover the new Windows Vista Learn more!

Guest guest

Dear ,

This sounds interesting - any specific reasons why Lexicor have not published these findings?

Bw

Soren

Soren Bo Andersen, Ph.D BrainValue A/SH.C.Ørstedsvej 701879 FrederiksbergDenmarkwww.brain-value.comsoren.andersen@...Phone: +45 2944 8644

To: braintrainer From: johngilbert@...Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 09:44:15 -0400Subject: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?

Gentlepeople, Yes conscious exercise during training absolutely improves learning. This was proven by Dr. Marvin Sams fifteen years ago. He used Tetris to occupy the minds of his ADD children while a bar graph in their peripheral vision kept them advised of how well they were doing improving their attention and concentration. Proprietary research done by me for Lexicor confirmed this finding but we used computerized games developed by EEG Spectrum's sales manager. What were the results? We were able to train ADD children in 20-25 sessions using the same protocols we previously used without the computerized "games." The net results was a decrease from 50-60 sessions to 20-25. Later by adding binaural sound (14 and 40 Hz) we were able to produce the same results in less than 20 sessions. Last I knew, Dr. Sams is still using Tetris and Lexicor will not release their data. Peace, _______________________________________________No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.Make My Way your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com Discover the new Windows Vista Learn more!

Guest guest

pacman,

I find I still have problems making the movies smooth enough to be worth using. As you've said if they are choppy training becomes more frustrating. I notice that none of my clients ask for the movies anymore. I am considering working on this again but it's hard to find the time. I use the ProComp Inifinit.

-Nita

Subject: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer Date: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AM

Hi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance problems, and people want to come back to

finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacman

Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address.

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

pacman,

I find I still have problems making the movies smooth enough to be worth using. As you've said if they are choppy training becomes more frustrating. I notice that none of my clients ask for the movies anymore. I am considering working on this again but it's hard to find the time. I use the ProComp Inifinit.

-Nita

Subject: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer Date: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AM

Hi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance problems, and people want to come back to

finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacman

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

I use a lot of DVD training as well, but haven't wanted to take up the room on my HD to burn them (or rip them - I'm not really sure). I've also found that the nature of the DVD is important, and personally I avoid prolonged sequential scenes of building tension (e.g. in "Raiders") because I'm usually trying to inhibit what happens in the brain with tension (hi beta). I will let people bring in their own DVDs especially for kids, but I had one guy who wanted to bring in "Pulp Fiction". Many people may really like that movie, but I watched the first 10 minutes and turned it off due to the foul language.

I think we have a responsibility here, in other words. My gut feeling is that the brain becomes vulnerable when doing NF. If I'm contributing toward more violence, more anger, more rage, more revenge, more bad language, I really don't want to be a part of that. It's hard to find a movie without some tension in it, but I remember when I saw "Raiders" it was like plugging into an electrical socket and being released when the movie was over. Thrilling is how I'd put it. Is that really what we're trying to do? We have to consider what ELSE is happening to the brain while watching a DVD.

This may be premature to say, but I find my clients sometimes 'slipping' in their gains when I let them watch DVDs every session. If they regress, we go back to "Inner Tube" or something very benign, even though it might be less exciting. They seem better able to hold their gains that way.

My two cents' worth,

Jill

Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?

Hi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance problems, and people want to come back to finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacman

Guest guest

I use a lot of DVD training as well, but haven't wanted to take up the room on my HD to burn them (or rip them - I'm not really sure). I've also found that the nature of the DVD is important, and personally I avoid prolonged sequential scenes of building tension (e.g. in "Raiders") because I'm usually trying to inhibit what happens in the brain with tension (hi beta). I will let people bring in their own DVDs especially for kids, but I had one guy who wanted to bring in "Pulp Fiction". Many people may really like that movie, but I watched the first 10 minutes and turned it off due to the foul language.

I think we have a responsibility here, in other words. My gut feeling is that the brain becomes vulnerable when doing NF. If I'm contributing toward more violence, more anger, more rage, more revenge, more bad language, I really don't want to be a part of that. It's hard to find a movie without some tension in it, but I remember when I saw "Raiders" it was like plugging into an electrical socket and being released when the movie was over. Thrilling is how I'd put it. Is that really what we're trying to do? We have to consider what ELSE is happening to the brain while watching a DVD.

This may be premature to say, but I find my clients sometimes 'slipping' in their gains when I let them watch DVDs every session. If they regress, we go back to "Inner Tube" or something very benign, even though it might be less exciting. They seem better able to hold their gains that way.

My two cents' worth,

Jill

Hi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance problems, and people want to come back to finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacman

Guest guest

My two cents' worth,

Jill

Guest guest

Pacman,

What kind of averaging times do you use, if any (in the setting in the threshold module)?

Bw

Soren

To: braintrainer From: pac_aussie@...Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 19:39:37 +1000Subject: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?

Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address. Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger  Get it now!

Guest guest

I have used movies as well, and find them to work quite well as feedback.   I have found as well that the start stop of playback can be problematic as well.  Now I set the DVD brightness and volume to change.  I set the volume so that the change is noticeable but not dramatic,  and the brightness so the the movie is barely visible.  This way the flow of the movie is not completely interrupted but, avoiding frustration, but the change in state is quite noticeable to the client.  I also use tactile feedback in many cases in addition to the movies.  This has worked very well with my clients.I still use AVI videos with many of my adult clients, these are very complex fractals and kaleidoscope style animations.  pacman,I find I still have problems making the movies smooth enough to be worth using.  As you've said if they are choppy training becomes more frustrating.  I notice that none of my clients ask for the movies anymore.  I am considering working on this again but it's hard to find the time.  I use the ProComp Inifinit.-Nita--- On Mon, 4/7/08, pac pac  wrote:Subject: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer Date: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AMHi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance problems, and people want to come back to finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacmanGet the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address.You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. 

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! ---

Guest guest

I have used movies as well, and find them to work quite well as feedback.   I have found as well that the start stop of playback can be problematic as well.  Now I set the DVD brightness and volume to change.  I set the volume so that the change is noticeable but not dramatic,  and the brightness so the the movie is barely visible.  This way the flow of the movie is not completely interrupted but, avoiding frustration, but the change in state is quite noticeable to the client.  I also use tactile feedback in many cases in addition to the movies.  This has worked very well with my clients.I still use AVI videos with many of my adult clients, these are very complex fractals and kaleidoscope style animations.  pacman,I find I still have problems making the movies smooth enough to be worth using.  As you've said if they are choppy training becomes more frustrating.  I notice that none of my clients ask for the movies anymore.  I am considering working on this again but it's hard to find the time.  I use the ProComp Inifinit.-Nita--- On Mon, 4/7/08, pac pac  wrote:Subject: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer Date: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AMHi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance problems, and people want to come back to finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacmanGet the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address.You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. 

Guest guest

Guest guest

I don't have the ability to do this using the ProComp software. I think I can do it if I convert it over to an .avi but I can't do it straight from a DVD. Wish I could.

-Nita

From: pac pac <pac_aussieyahoo (DOT) com.au>Subject: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AM

Hi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance

problems, and people want to come back to finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacman

You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

I don't have the ability to do this using the ProComp software. I think I can do it if I convert it over to an .avi but I can't do it straight from a DVD. Wish I could.

-Nita

From: pac pac <pac_aussieyahoo (DOT) com.au>Subject: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AM

Hi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance

problems, and people want to come back to finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacman

You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

-Nita

Guest guest

Nita,There is a product called CogniVideo that goes between your computer and display.  It offers multiple ways to dim and obscure the screen when watching DVDs or playing video games.   I have seen it demonstrated a time or two and it seemed to do a really nice job.,I don't have the ability to do this using the ProComp software.  I think I can do it if I convert it over to an .avi but I can't do it straight from a DVD.  Wish I could.r -Nita--- On Mon, 4/7/08,   wrote:Subject: Re: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer Date: Monday, April 7, 2008, 9:56 AMI have used movies as well, and find them to work quite well as feedback.   I have found as well that the start stop of playback can be problematic as well.  Now I set the DVD brightness and volume to change.  I set the volume so that the change is noticeable but not dramatic,  and the brightness so the the movie is barely visible.  This way the flow of the movie is not completely interrupted but, avoiding frustration, but the change in state is quite noticeable to the client.  I also use tactile feedback in many cases in addition to the movies.  This has worked very well with my clients.I still use AVI videos with many of my adult clients, these are very complex fractals and kaleidoscope style animations.  pacman,I find I still have problems making the movies smooth enough to be worth using.  As you've said if they are choppy training becomes more frustrating.  I notice that none of my clients ask for the movies anymore.  I am considering working on this again but it's hard to find the time.  I use the ProComp Inifinit.-Nita--- On Mon, 4/7/08, pac pac <pac_aussieyahoo (DOT) com.au> wrote:From: pac pac <pac_aussieyahoo (DOT) com.au>Subject: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AMHi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance problems, and people want to come back to finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacmanGet the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address.You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. --- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! ---You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. 

Guest guest

Nita,There is a product called CogniVideo that goes between your computer and display.  It offers multiple ways to dim and obscure the screen when watching DVDs or playing video games.   I have seen it demonstrated a time or two and it seemed to do a really nice job.,I don't have the ability to do this using the ProComp software.  I think I can do it if I convert it over to an .avi but I can't do it straight from a DVD.  Wish I could.r -Nita--- On Mon, 4/7/08,   wrote:Subject: Re: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer Date: Monday, April 7, 2008, 9:56 AMI have used movies as well, and find them to work quite well as feedback.   I have found as well that the start stop of playback can be problematic as well.  Now I set the DVD brightness and volume to change.  I set the volume so that the change is noticeable but not dramatic,  and the brightness so the the movie is barely visible.  This way the flow of the movie is not completely interrupted but, avoiding frustration, but the change in state is quite noticeable to the client.  I also use tactile feedback in many cases in addition to the movies.  This has worked very well with my clients.I still use AVI videos with many of my adult clients, these are very complex fractals and kaleidoscope style animations.  pacman,I find I still have problems making the movies smooth enough to be worth using.  As you've said if they are choppy training becomes more frustrating.  I notice that none of my clients ask for the movies anymore.  I am considering working on this again but it's hard to find the time.  I use the ProComp Inifinit.-Nita--- On Mon, 4/7/08, pac pac <pac_aussieyahoo (DOT) com.au> wrote:From: pac pac <pac_aussieyahoo (DOT) com.au>Subject: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AMHi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance problems, and people want to come back to finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacmanGet the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address.You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. --- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! ---You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. 

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks . I'll look into that for sure. -Nita

Guest guest

Thanks . I'll look into that for sure. -Nita

Guest guest

Listers,

Another interesting example of strategies that enhance the possible

effects of neurofeedback is Instantaneous Neuronal Activation Procedure

(INAP), a hypnosis like condition, in which the therapist asks the client

to fix the eyes to his thumb that he then moves up, giving a verbal

suggestion to concentrate during the next session. It appears to enhance

frontal Beta.

INAP, used in adjunct to neurotherapy, claims to reduce treatment time

without losing long-term effects of the therapy. INAP was developed on

the basis of research on hypnotic phenomena (and described by

Barabasz).

Jan Schene

At 15:44 6-4-2008, you wrote:

Gentlepeople,

Yes conscious exercise during training absolutely improves learning. This

was proven by Dr. Marvin Sams fifteen years ago. He used Tetris to occupy

the minds of his ADD children while a bar graph in their peripheral

vision kept them advised of how well they were doing improving their

attention and concentration.

Proprietary research done by me for Lexicor confirmed this finding but we

used computerized games developed by EEG Spectrum's sales manager. What

were the results?

We were able to train ADD children in 20-25 sessions using the same

protocols we previously used without the computerized " games. "

The net results was a decrease from 50-60 sessions to 20-25. Later by

adding binaural sound (14 and 40 Hz) we were able to produce the same

results in less than 20 sessions.

Last I knew, Dr. Sams is still using Tetris and Lexicor will not release

their data.

Peace,

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.

Make My Way your home on the Web -

http://www.myway.com

------------------------------------

Guest guest

Listers,

frontal Beta.

Barabasz).

Jan Schene

Gentlepeople,

were the results?

their data.

Peace,

Guest guest

Listers,

frontal Beta.

Barabasz).

Jan Schene

Gentlepeople,

were the results?

their data.

Peace,

Guest guest

With Infinity software you can shrinhk and enlarge the visual display for DVD and alter volume.

Mark

Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AM

Guest guest

Thanks Jan. I remeber being intrigued by this approach but haven't been able to find the details.Does anyone have the specific instructions that Barabsz gave?

Mark

Re: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?

Listers,Another interesting example of strategies that enhance the possible effects of neurofeedback is Instantaneous Neuronal Activation Procedure (INAP), a hypnosis like condition, in which the therapist asks the client to fix the eyes to his thumb that he then moves up, giving a verbal suggestion to concentrate during the next session. It appears to enhance frontal Beta.INAP, used in adjunct to neurotherapy, claims to reduce treatment time without losing long-term effects of the therapy. INAP was developed on the basis of research on hypnotic phenomena (and described by Barabasz).Jan ScheneAt 15:44 6-4-2008, you wrote:

Gentlepeople,Yes conscious exercise during training absolutely improves learning. This was proven by Dr. Marvin Sams fifteen years ago. He used Tetris to occupy the minds of his ADD children while a bar graph in their peripheral vision kept them advised of how well they were doing improving their attention and concentration.Proprietary research done by me for Lexicor confirmed this finding but we used computerized games developed by EEG Spectrum's sales manager. What were the results?We were able to train ADD children in 20-25 sessions using the same protocols we previously used without the computerized "games." The net results was a decrease from 50-60 sessions to 20-25. Later by adding binaural sound (14 and 40 Hz) we were able to produce the same results in less than 20 sessions.Last I knew, Dr. Sams is still using Tetris and Lexicor will not release their data. Peace,_______________________________________________No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.Make My Way your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com ------------------------------------

Guest guest

Mark, this is the link:

http://www.isnr.org/uploads/(1-1)1.pdf

Greetings, Jan

At 02:17 8-4-2008, you wrote:

Thanks Jan. I remeber being

intrigued by this approach but haven't been able to find the details.Does

anyone have the specific instructions that Barabsz gave?

Mark

Re: Re: Does conscious exercise during

neurofeedback enhance learning?

Listers,

frontal Beta.

INAP, used in adjunct to neurotherapy, claims to reduce treatment

time without losing long-term effects of the therapy. INAP was developed

on the basis of research on hypnotic phenomena (and described by

Barabasz).

Jan Schene

Gentlepeople,

Yes conscious exercise during training absolutely improves learning.

This was proven by Dr. Marvin Sams fifteen years ago. He used Tetris to

occupy the minds of his ADD children while a bar graph in their

peripheral vision kept them advised of how well they were doing improving

their attention and concentration.

Proprietary research done by me for Lexicor confirmed this finding

but we used computerized games developed by EEG Spectrum's sales manager.

What were the results?

Last I knew, Dr. Sams is still using Tetris and Lexicor will not

release their data.

Peace,