RemedySpot.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Re: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Mark, this is the link:

http://www.isnr.org/uploads/(1-1)1.pdf

Greetings, Jan

At 02:17 8-4-2008, you wrote:

Thanks Jan. I remeber being

intrigued by this approach but haven't been able to find the details.Does

anyone have the specific instructions that Barabsz gave?

Mark

Re: Re: Does conscious exercise during

neurofeedback enhance learning?

Listers,

Another interesting example of strategies that enhance the possible

effects of neurofeedback is Instantaneous Neuronal Activation Procedure

(INAP), a hypnosis like condition, in which the therapist asks the client

to fix the eyes to his thumb that he then moves up, giving a verbal

suggestion to concentrate during the next session. It appears to enhance

frontal Beta.

INAP, used in adjunct to neurotherapy, claims to reduce treatment

time without losing long-term effects of the therapy. INAP was developed

on the basis of research on hypnotic phenomena (and described by

Barabasz).

Jan Schene

At 15:44 6-4-2008, you wrote:

Gentlepeople,

Yes conscious exercise during training absolutely improves learning.

This was proven by Dr. Marvin Sams fifteen years ago. He used Tetris to

occupy the minds of his ADD children while a bar graph in their

peripheral vision kept them advised of how well they were doing improving

their attention and concentration.

Proprietary research done by me for Lexicor confirmed this finding

but we used computerized games developed by EEG Spectrum's sales manager.

What were the results?

We were able to train ADD children in 20-25 sessions using the same

protocols we previously used without the computerized " games. "

The net results was a decrease from 50-60 sessions to 20-25. Later by

adding binaural sound (14 and 40 Hz) we were able to produce the same

results in less than 20 sessions.

Last I knew, Dr. Sams is still using Tetris and Lexicor will not

release their data.

Peace,

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.

Make My Way your home on the Web -

http://www.myway.com

------------------------------------

Guest guest

Thanks, Jan

Listers,

Another interesting example of strategies that enhance the possible effects of neurofeedback is Instantaneous Neuronal Activation Procedure (INAP), a hypnosis like condition, in which the therapist asks the client to fix the eyes to his thumb that he then moves up, giving a verbal suggestion to concentrate during the next session. It appears to enhance frontal Beta.

INAP, used in adjunct to neurotherapy, claims to reduce treatment time without losing long-term effects of the therapy. INAP was developed on the basis of research on hypnotic phenomena (and described by Barabasz).

Jan Schene

Gentlepeople,

Yes conscious exercise during training absolutely improves learning. This was proven by Dr. Marvin Sams fifteen years ago. He used Tetris to occupy the minds of his ADD children while a bar graph in their peripheral vision kept them advised of how well they were doing improving their attention and concentration.

Proprietary research done by me for Lexicor confirmed this finding but we used computerized games developed by EEG Spectrum's sales manager. What were the results?

We were able to train ADD children in 20-25 sessions using the same protocols we previously used without the computerized "games." The net results was a decrease from 50-60 sessions to 20-25. Later by adding binaural sound (14 and 40 Hz) we were able to produce the same results in less than 20 sessions.

Last I knew, Dr. Sams is still using Tetris and Lexicor will not release their data.

Peace,

Make My Way your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com

Guest guest

Thanks, Jan

Listers,

Another interesting example of strategies that enhance the possible effects of neurofeedback is Instantaneous Neuronal Activation Procedure (INAP), a hypnosis like condition, in which the therapist asks the client to fix the eyes to his thumb that he then moves up, giving a verbal suggestion to concentrate during the next session. It appears to enhance frontal Beta.

INAP, used in adjunct to neurotherapy, claims to reduce treatment time without losing long-term effects of the therapy. INAP was developed on the basis of research on hypnotic phenomena (and described by Barabasz).

Jan Schene

Gentlepeople,

Yes conscious exercise during training absolutely improves learning. This was proven by Dr. Marvin Sams fifteen years ago. He used Tetris to occupy the minds of his ADD children while a bar graph in their peripheral vision kept them advised of how well they were doing improving their attention and concentration.

Proprietary research done by me for Lexicor confirmed this finding but we used computerized games developed by EEG Spectrum's sales manager. What were the results?

We were able to train ADD children in 20-25 sessions using the same protocols we previously used without the computerized "games." The net results was a decrease from 50-60 sessions to 20-25. Later by adding binaural sound (14 and 40 Hz) we were able to produce the same results in less than 20 sessions.

Last I knew, Dr. Sams is still using Tetris and Lexicor will not release their data.

Peace,

Make My Way your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com

Guest guest

Hi Pacman

I found something similar ie my clients found the recommended reward frequency frustrating so I have gone for 90% reward and when clients reach 100% I reset the challenge to 90%. Nothing succeeds like success. I suspect that with the higher reward frequency the subjective experience is one of having control.

Mark

Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?

Hi Nita and SorenAs I have said to , I am a complete novice with BioExplorer so don't take what I say as the best way to do things, I basically use the default settings. My rewards are so high that the the movie does run quite smooth, 90% for kids, 85% for adults. I use the same for the inhibits. The interesting thing is that it still works. When I first trained in nfb we were taught that the rewards should be 50-70%. What I found was that most people became very frustrated with this so I started edging the rewards up. I remember saying that he ran his rewards at 85%, I was running them at 75-80% at the time and so decided to give the 85% a try too. I found that instead of reducing progress and success, it actually increased it. Why? Maybe someone can tell me.pacmanpacman,I find I still have problems making the movies smooth enough tobe worth using. As you've said if they are choppy trainingbecomes more frustrating. I notice that none of my clients askfor the movies anymore. I am considering working on this againbut it's hard to find the time. I use the ProComp Inifinit.-NitaPacman,What kind of averaging times do you use, if any (in the setting in the threshold module)? BwSoren

Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address.

Guest guest

Hi Pacman

I found something similar ie my clients found the recommended reward frequency frustrating so I have gone for 90% reward and when clients reach 100% I reset the challenge to 90%. Nothing succeeds like success. I suspect that with the higher reward frequency the subjective experience is one of having control.

Mark

Hi Nita and SorenAs I have said to , I am a complete novice with BioExplorer so don't take what I say as the best way to do things, I basically use the default settings. My rewards are so high that the the movie does run quite smooth, 90% for kids, 85% for adults. I use the same for the inhibits. The interesting thing is that it still works. When I first trained in nfb we were taught that the rewards should be 50-70%. What I found was that most people became very frustrated with this so I started edging the rewards up. I remember saying that he ran his rewards at 85%, I was running them at 75-80% at the time and so decided to give the 85% a try too. I found that instead of reducing progress and success, it actually increased it. Why? Maybe someone can tell me.pacmanpacman,I find I still have problems making the movies smooth enough tobe worth using. As you've said if they are choppy trainingbecomes more frustrating. I notice that none of my clients askfor the movies anymore. I am considering working on this againbut it's hard to find the time. I use the ProComp Inifinit.-NitaPacman,What kind of averaging times do you use, if any (in the setting in the threshold module)? BwSoren

Guest guest

I too find I get more success when the thresholds are higher, I use mine at

85-90 and even 95 or 98-99 % with all training, not just videos/DVDs.

~

-------------- Original message ----------------------

> Hi Nita and Soren

>

> As I have said to , I am a complete novice with BioExplorer so don't

take

> what I say as the best way to do things, I basically use the default settings.

> My rewards are so high that the the movie does run quite smooth, 90% for kids,

> 85% for adults. I use the same for the inhibits. The interesting thing is that

> it still works.

>

> When I first trained in nfb we were taught that the rewards should be 50-70%.

> What I found was that most people became very frustrated with this so I

started

> edging the rewards up. I remember saying that he ran his rewards

> at 85%, I was running them at 75-80% at the time and so decided to give the

85%

> a try too. I found that instead of reducing progress and success, it actually

> increased it. Why? Maybe someone can tell me.

>

> pacman

>

>

> pacman,

>

> I find I still have problems making the movies smooth enough to

> be worth using. As you've said if they are choppy training

> becomes more frustrating. I notice that none of my clients ask

> for the movies anymore. I am considering working on this again

> but it's hard to find the time. I use the ProComp Inifinit.

>

> -Nita

>

> Pacman,

>

> What kind of averaging times do you use, if any (in the setting in the

> threshold module)?

> Bw

>

> Soren

>

>

> ---------------------------------

Hi Nita and SorenAs I have said to , I am a complete novice with BioExplorer so don't take what I say as the best way to do things, I basically use the default settings. My rewards are so high that the the movie does run quite smooth, 90% for kids, 85% for adults. I use the same for the inhibits. The interesting thing is that it still works. When I first trained in nfb we were taught that the rewards should be 50-70%. What I found was that most people became very frustrated with this so I started edging the rewards up. I remember saying that he ran his rewards at 85%, I was running them at 75-80% at the time and so decided to give the 85% a try too. I found that instead of reducing progress and success, it actually increased it. Why? Maybe someone can tell me.pacman pacman, I find I still have problems making the movies smooth enough to be worth using. As you've said if they are choppy training

becomes more frustrating. I notice that none of my clients ask for the movies anymore. I am considering working on this again but it's hard to find the time. I use the ProComp Inifinit. -Nita Pacman, What kind of averaging times do you use, if any (in the setting in the threshold module)? Bw Soren

Guest guest

I too find I get more success when the thresholds are higher, I use mine at

85-90 and even 95 or 98-99 % with all training, not just videos/DVDs.

~

-------------- Original message ----------------------

> Hi Nita and Soren

>

> As I have said to , I am a complete novice with BioExplorer so don't

take

> what I say as the best way to do things, I basically use the default settings.

> My rewards are so high that the the movie does run quite smooth, 90% for kids,

> 85% for adults. I use the same for the inhibits. The interesting thing is that

> it still works.

>

> When I first trained in nfb we were taught that the rewards should be 50-70%.

> What I found was that most people became very frustrated with this so I

started

> edging the rewards up. I remember saying that he ran his rewards

> at 85%, I was running them at 75-80% at the time and so decided to give the

85%

> a try too. I found that instead of reducing progress and success, it actually

> increased it. Why? Maybe someone can tell me.

>

> pacman

>

>

> pacman,

>

> I find I still have problems making the movies smooth enough to

> be worth using. As you've said if they are choppy training

> becomes more frustrating. I notice that none of my clients ask

> for the movies anymore. I am considering working on this again

> but it's hard to find the time. I use the ProComp Inifinit.

>

> -Nita

>

> Pacman,

>

> What kind of averaging times do you use, if any (in the setting in the

> threshold module)?

> Bw

>

> Soren

>

>

> ---------------------------------

Hi Nita and SorenAs I have said to , I am a complete novice with BioExplorer so don't take what I say as the best way to do things, I basically use the default settings. My rewards are so high that the the movie does run quite smooth, 90% for kids, 85% for adults. I use the same for the inhibits. The interesting thing is that it still works. When I first trained in nfb we were taught that the rewards should be 50-70%. What I found was that most people became very frustrated with this so I started edging the rewards up. I remember saying that he ran his rewards at 85%, I was running them at 75-80% at the time and so decided to give the 85% a try too. I found that instead of reducing progress and success, it actually increased it. Why? Maybe someone can tell me.pacman pacman, I find I still have problems making the movies smooth enough to be worth using. As you've said if they are choppy training

becomes more frustrating. I notice that none of my clients ask for the movies anymore. I am considering working on this again but it's hard to find the time. I use the ProComp Inifinit. -Nita Pacman, What kind of averaging times do you use, if any (in the setting in the threshold module)? Bw Soren

Guest guest

It's arelief to hear thta others are finding the same thing.

Mark

I too find I get more success when the thresholds are higher, I use mine at 85-90 and even 95 or 98-99 % with all training, not just videos/DVDs.~-------------- Original message ----------------------From: pac pac <pac_aussie.au>> Hi Nita and Soren> > As I have said to , I am a complete novice with BioExplorer so don't take > what I say as the best way to do things, I basically use the default settings. > My rewards are so high that the the movie does run quite smooth, 90% for kids, > 85% for adults. I use the same for the inhibits. The interesting thing is that > it still works. > > When I first trained in nfb we were taught that the rewards should be 50-70%. > What I found was that most people became very frustrated with this so I started > edging the rewards up. I remember saying that he ran his rewards > at 85%, I was running them at 75-80% at the time and so decided to give the 85% > a try too. I found that instead of reducing progress and success, it actually > increased it. Why? Maybe someone can tell me.> > pacman> > > pacman,> > I find I still have problems making the movies smooth enough to> be worth using. As you've said if they are choppy training> becomes more frustrating. I notice that none of my clients ask> for the movies anymore. I am considering working on this again> but it's hard to find the time. I use the ProComp Inifinit.> > -Nita> > Pacman,> > What kind of averaging times do you use, if any (in the setting in the > threshold module)? > Bw> > Soren> > > ---------------------------------Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address.

Guest guest

It's arelief to hear thta others are finding the same thing.

Mark

I too find I get more success when the thresholds are higher, I use mine at 85-90 and even 95 or 98-99 % with all training, not just videos/DVDs.~-------------- Original message ----------------------From: pac pac <pac_aussie.au>> Hi Nita and Soren> > As I have said to , I am a complete novice with BioExplorer so don't take > what I say as the best way to do things, I basically use the default settings. > My rewards are so high that the the movie does run quite smooth, 90% for kids, > 85% for adults. I use the same for the inhibits. The interesting thing is that > it still works. > > When I first trained in nfb we were taught that the rewards should be 50-70%. > What I found was that most people became very frustrated with this so I started > edging the rewards up. I remember saying that he ran his rewards > at 85%, I was running them at 75-80% at the time and so decided to give the 85% > a try too. I found that instead of reducing progress and success, it actually > increased it. Why? Maybe someone can tell me.> > pacman> > > pacman,> > I find I still have problems making the movies smooth enough to> be worth using. As you've said if they are choppy training> becomes more frustrating. I notice that none of my clients ask> for the movies anymore. I am considering working on this again> but it's hard to find the time. I use the ProComp Inifinit.> > -Nita> > Pacman,> > What kind of averaging times do you use, if any (in the setting in the > threshold module)? > Bw> > Soren> > > ---------------------------------Get the name you always wanted with the new y7mail email address.

Guest guest

Hi Pacman,

I have actually found it depends on the client. I have one oppositional stinker kid who will not work if she doesn't have to. I have to make sure she gets some negative feedback, enough to bother her, of she'll just ignore the whole thing and ignore small amounts of negative feedback. On the other hand I have her really hard working brother who will work and work. I don't think it matters on bit where the reward is set. I tell him what to do and he does it. Then there is my husband. He is easily irritated and is a musician. If his music feeback is interupted he gets very frustrated. I give him 90% reward use proportional

sound and set the volume so he can hear it as a level he feels is acceptable at the level he

can achieve if he is working consistently. I feel watching the person training, how they respond to the reward and such is so much a part of the key to success. You are right that sometimes you need to move the threshold around due to how they perceive "success". I don't use the 70% or whatever so much as I do their response and their work level.

-Nita

Subject: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer Date: Saturday, April 12, 2008, 12:05 AM

Hi Nita and SorenAs I have said to , I am a complete novice with BioExplorer so don't take what I say as the best way to do things, I basically use the default settings. My rewards are so high that the the movie does run quite smooth, 90% for kids, 85% for adults. I use the same for the inhibits. The interesting thing is that it still works. When I first trained in nfb we were taught that the rewards should be 50-70%. What I found was that most people became very frustrated with this so I started edging the rewards up. I remember saying that he ran his rewards at 85%, I was running them at 75-80% at the time and so decided to give the 85% a try too. I found that instead of reducing progress and success, it actually increased it. Why? Maybe someone can tell me.pacmanpacman,I find I still have problems making the movies smooth enough tobe worth using. As you've said if they are choppy

trainingbecomes more frustrating. I notice that none of my clients askfor the movies anymore. I am considering working on this againbut it's hard to find the time. I use the ProComp Inifinit.-NitaPacman,What kind of averaging times do you use, if any (in the setting in the threshold module)? BwSoren

Guest guest

Also-

I prefer variable to on/off feedback for multimedia- exactly because it can be choppy.

OR ELSE- I run the Pass/Fail out into the VOLUME and set the volume range from 10 (when not passing) to 90 or 100 when passing- so the person doesn't lose the stream, and instead just gets a very low volume for the continuously playing music.

When Video, you might do the same for BRIGHTNESS> remembering to put the .5 (1/2 sec) or .25 (1/4 sec) smoothing on the control so it isn't "choppy".

Also-

I set the threshold to a bit more challenging AUTO (70% is my fav), but have that turn to MANUAL after about 30seconds successful feedback so that the person can then work against their own average. The above mentioned strategy keeps the person interested because they won't be "punished" by silence when in their 30% non feedback. If they get to 71%, they are beating their own average.

Also- Why are we still calling this thread

Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?

Empower. Employ. Enjoy!!!

Guest guest

Also-

I prefer variable to on/off feedback for multimedia- exactly because it can be choppy.

OR ELSE- I run the Pass/Fail out into the VOLUME and set the volume range from 10 (when not passing) to 90 or 100 when passing- so the person doesn't lose the stream, and instead just gets a very low volume for the continuously playing music.

When Video, you might do the same for BRIGHTNESS> remembering to put the .5 (1/2 sec) or .25 (1/4 sec) smoothing on the control so it isn't "choppy".

Also-

I set the threshold to a bit more challenging AUTO (70% is my fav), but have that turn to MANUAL after about 30seconds successful feedback so that the person can then work against their own average. The above mentioned strategy keeps the person interested because they won't be "punished" by silence when in their 30% non feedback. If they get to 71%, they are beating their own average.

Also- Why are we still calling this thread

Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?

Empower. Employ. Enjoy!!!

Guest guest

Thank you Mark. Sorry for my delayed response. I tend to ebb and flow with how well I keep up with the postings here. But seriously the screen shot is very helpful. -Nita

From: pac pac <pac_aussieyahoo (DOT) com.au>Subject: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AM

Hi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance problems, and people want to come back to

finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacman

You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

Thank you Mark. Sorry for my delayed response. I tend to ebb and flow with how well I keep up with the postings here. But seriously the screen shot is very helpful. -Nita

From: pac pac <pac_aussieyahoo (DOT) com.au>Subject: Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AM

Hi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance problems, and people want to come back to

finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacman

You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hey Mark I have another one for you. When I use a CD for my audio I find I can only set it to be proportional if I link it to one of the bar graphs. I am using it in symmetry training with a bar graph on each side of the screen, one for Beta, one for Alpha symmetry. Anyway, if I try to use the CD connected to the visual I can't use the proportional setting, only off or on. This is frustrating as then the CD is only used as a reward for either Beta or Alpha symmetry but not both if I want to use the proportional setting. I find the on and off is one again a bit choppy for my trainers but the proportional works very nicely. Any thoughts or helpful hints about this?

-Nita

Guest guest

Hi Nita

I can't find a way to do that. It might be worth putting the question to Didier at Thought Tech.

Mark

Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AM

Hi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance problems, and people want to come back to finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacman

Guest guest

Hi Nita

I can't find a way to do that. It might be worth putting the question to Didier at Thought Tech.

Mark

Re: Does conscious exercise during neurofeedback enhance learning?To: braintrainer@ yahoogroups. comDate: Monday, April 7, 2008, 4:39 AM

Hi, I use a lot of DVD's, some I burnt to the hard drive when using BrainMaster system which ran video clips only. Best are adventure, cartoons and comedy. They include, Pirates of the Caribbean, Shrek, Toy Story, Ice Age, The Kid (Bruce Willis / Disney), Raiders of the Lost Ark, While You Were Sleeping, Black Adder, Goodies, Fawlty Towers, Blues Brothers, of the Jungle, Over the Hedge, lots of documentaries ( Attenborough, National Geographic), The Castle, Harry Potter movies... about 30 of them in all.Settings are important because it has to be smooth enough to enjoy but hard enough to challenge. I set the Reward at 85% and the Inhibits at 85% (or 15% for some systems). I run Enable for BioExplorer as brightness is just too difficult for humans to handle the rapid changes - if it were smoother this would be my choice.Since moving to movies I have not had any compliance problems, and people want to come back to finish the movies. If people want they can bring in their own movies, but most want to watch something different and interesting.What do other trainers find?pacman

Guest guest

Nita

How do you set the bargraphs so that the proportional CD doesn't drive people crazy?

Mark

Guest guest

Nita

How do you set the bargraphs so that the proportional CD doesn't drive people crazy?

Mark

Guest guest

Mark,

I use the proportional CD for the sound instrument for one bargraph. As you know it will cut off when it goes out of the range, goes red. So... to keep it from driving my husband nuts I set the threshold lower than it really needs to be. For instance on the symmetry I am training to raise the number to 1.1 or above. I would normally set his threshold at 1.0 as he is getting a solid 70% there, but due to that making the CD cut at 30% of the time, which is irritating to him, I set it down about .8 and set the cursor on the 1.1 line. I remind him if he wants to use his CD that he must do his best to get it above 1.1 even though the threshold is at .8. Then I adjust the volume so that when it is over 1.1 it plays at a level he likes, so he can hear it close to 100% of the time but it's quieter than he'd like when it's lower. I hope that makes sense. My goal is to have it so the music plays all the time but

is too quiet to suit the trainer when they are out of range.

-Nita

Guest guest

Mark,

I use the proportional CD for the sound instrument for one bargraph. As you know it will cut off when it goes out of the range, goes red. So... to keep it from driving my husband nuts I set the threshold lower than it really needs to be. For instance on the symmetry I am training to raise the number to 1.1 or above. I would normally set his threshold at 1.0 as he is getting a solid 70% there, but due to that making the CD cut at 30% of the time, which is irritating to him, I set it down about .8 and set the cursor on the 1.1 line. I remind him if he wants to use his CD that he must do his best to get it above 1.1 even though the threshold is at .8. Then I adjust the volume so that when it is over 1.1 it plays at a level he likes, so he can hear it close to 100% of the time but it's quieter than he'd like when it's lower. I hope that makes sense. My goal is to have it so the music plays all the time but

-Nita

Guest guest

Mark,

-Nita

Guest guest

good idea. Thx - Nita

Guest guest

good idea. Thx - Nita